Legacy of Fire : A Journey through the Sands (Inactive)

Game Master inxpitter

Combat Map
Kelmarane Environs


801 to 850 of 1,066 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Unfortunately for Seyhannah, more pressure is exactly what Zoisa provides as meeting this stranger causes her to forget she was leaving.

"Wow, survivor! What's your name? Where ya from? What brought you here to Kelmarane? Have you seen a woman named Haleen? She's human? Yay tall? Most common expression seems to say "this is gonna suck but I'mma tough it out?" King's glittering giggle, you're filthy! Lemme fix that!"

She quips an arcane phrase and snaps her fingers and the man finds his body and clothes are now sparkling clean, with just the slightest hint of lavender and pesh flowers.

Zoisa casts prestidigitation on the man to clean him up.


December 26th Update

Felliped seems surprised to be cleaned so quickly, but he is most appreciative.

"My thanks to you kind gnome." He begins to address the questions. "I am Felliped, a member of the Pathfinder Society. My organization believes a fabulous treasure has been hidden behind the magically sealed vaults of Kelmarane's ruined church of Sarenrae. If you can aid in my escape and help complete my mission, I would be indebted to you for the rest of my days. My previous party...they.." he looks aside, not being able to bring the words to his lips.


Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 3; Init +4; Perc +5 (dark vision 60ft); hp 22/22
Stats:
AC 19, T 15, FF 14, CMD 17; F +2, R +7, W +2

Seyhannah demeanor softens, "I am truly sorry for your loss. May The Dawn Mother's light guide them on their journey to the afterlife. We can get you safely out of here, have no worries. Unfortunately our path takes us into the very place that you suffered losses. Perhaps you can tell us what lies in store for us, that we might not come to the same fate as your friends. I understand the story may be difficult to tell but I'm afraid it's terribly important that we know. " Seyhannah reaches in her backpack and offers the man her water skin and a bit of rations. Although sympathetic of his predicament, it's clear that she is hoping for his story sooner that later.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

"Pleased to meetcha, Felliped. You can call me Zoisa, THE MAGNIFICENT!"

She punctuates the declaration with a small burst of conjured confetti that quickly evaporates.

"We were just about to head back across the Pesh Fields to report to our boss about what we've seen here so far. Maybe we can take you back there with us. I'm sure Almah would welcome any info you've got on Kelmarane, and you'll be a lot safer there than you are here."


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Agreed, it's probably not safe here. We've already seen quite a few enemies," says Arian.


December 26th Update

Perhaps it's the sheer giddiness of the gnome who refers to herself as the magnificent, but a genuine smile breaks open on Felliped's face and he begins to laugh.

But at Arian's statement, Felliped nods.

"There are patrols, and I know some have taken residence in the buildings here. We must be careful if we wish to not raise alarm. I'm not sure of everything's whereabouts, but I'd much rather return to you then be stowed away wondering if you'll return."

"As for my story, I don't think my old mind could take it. This place haunts me, and I'd rather die here quickly then recall such a discouraging tale."


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

"Then let's get you out of this place so you feel better, Felliped!" Zoisa replies.

She waves him after her as she prepares to leave.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian posts her pole arm and offers an arm to help Felliped to come along to safety.

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Faffnyr nods to the man."Are you wounded, friend?"
Smiling her toothy smile, she tries to encourage him to talk.


December 26th Update

Felliped nods to the half-orc and his hand is bracing a large almost gangrenous wound on his side. He looks very nervous about the thought of going back into the open, but his adventurer's spirit steels him and he keeps moving forward.

Someone draw the route you're planning on taking, and going back, go ahead and roll stealth and perception.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Okay, I've attempted drawing a line. It's a crappy one, but you get the basic idea, retrace our steps through the buildings and avoid spooking the snek.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21; Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Zoisa leads the way, preparing to retrace her steps through Kelmarane.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian follows Zoisa's route exactly - the better to avoid setting off any traps off the path.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Is everyone following?

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Absolutely
Stealth: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (16) - 3 = 13
Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


December 26th Update

As Zoisa makes her way out, she waves for everyone to follow quietly. Everything seems to be going all right for a while. You all duck behind a destroyed building and slide down a hillside before moving up....right in front of a gnoll.

The gnoll looks surprised, its jaw agape, one hand at its side and the other holding a meatstick of sorts. There's a pause as your party and it are somewhat stunned by the events.

Then it start's running, throwing its meal behind it as it races away deeper into the city.

You can attempt to stop/kill it


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

"Not so fast, jackal-face!" Zoisa quips as she tosses a glob of acid after the gnoll.

Acid Splash Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12; Acid Splash Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian, similarly, charges after the gnoll with the intent of silencing it quickly.

Glaive attack, charging: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26
Glaive damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Faffnyr does not charge after the gnoll, she is much to slow and her magic does not hinder.


December 26th Update

Well, that was quick.

Zoisa lobs a glob of acid which caustically begins to break the gnoll down. It turns around just in time to see Arian's glaive slice through it cleanly.

There's a beat.

No scream, no alarm, but you can definitely hear a patrol of sorts rounding the bend, not panicked, but most likely part of a regular patrol.

What do you all do?


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

"Cheese it!" Zoisa hisses as she leads the way out, ducking into the buildings to avoid being seen.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian spins and rushes to duck into an alley, a corner, anywhere that she can break line of sight. The gnolls will find the body, certainly, but they don't need to see her immediately.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Uh-oh!

Josria tried to silently get away, but her clothes got caught onto something.

Hissing in frustration, she was trying to get away, but she was making too much noise.

Let's hope she can talk her way out of this!


December 26th Update

There's a sudden change in the patrol's gait, as in it stops and someone barks out orders to stop, so he can hear without their stomping around.

You have the option to move, attack, or stay as still as possible and hope they move off elsewhere Josria.

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

"Let´s attack the patrol!"Faffnyr says after remembering their parties inability to move silently!


Male Wizard (Conjurer) 4 (HP 24/24) | AC: 10 | T: 10 | FF: 10 | CMB +2 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +1 | Wil: +5 | Init: +0 | Craft(alchemy) +10 | Diplomacy: +10 | Kn(Arcana/Planes): +12 | Kn(Dng/Geog/Hstry/Ntr/Rlgn): +9 | Kn(Local) +6 | Linguistics: +10 | Perception: +4 | Sense Motive: +3 | Spellcraft: +12 |

Alem, staying farther back from the front lines of the conflict, abandons his premise of hiding as Faffnyr boldly proclaims the attack. The orb on his staff glows as he begins chanting his spell. Casting summon monster II for a small elemental, it won't appear until the next round.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa peeks out of her cover to see Faffnyr and Alem preparing for battle and shrugs to no one in particular. Then she preps her magic shield.

Casting shield!

Once it's ready, she draws her scimitar and attempts to somersault out to the others in a dramatic way.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

She does better than even she expected, managing to add a cartwheel into the mix, culminating in a heroic-looking pose next to Faffnyr.

"Come at me, fuzzfaces! You face the arcane accomplishment and scintillating swordsmanship of ZOISA THE MAGNIFICENT!" she declares.


December 26th Update

Well that is a declaration of intent...
I'm only posting initiative for the folks that have chimed in. I'm assuming the rest have grown tired of the game. Also, I'm just assuming everyone is where their token is.

Five gnolls round the corner and rush to the attack after hearing Zoisa's yell.

InitiativeArian: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Initiative Josria: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Initiative Faffnyr: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Initiative Alem: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Initiative Zoisa: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Initiative Enemy: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Order: Faffnyr, Arian, Alem Enemy Josria, Zoisa

Faffnyr, Arian, and Alem are up. After they act, we'll move to block initiative.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian wastes no time in cutting into the latest round of gnolls.

Glaive-guisarme attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Glaive=guisarme damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Faffnyr quickly casts bless.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

"Nice strike, Arian!" Zoisa cheers.


December 26th Update

Arian's impressive weapon wielding bewilders the gnolls, and its blade descends, bisecting one it two halves.

The rest of the gnolls, not to be slaughtered while standing idle, leap into action surrounding Arian.

Attacked from all sides, the blows come raining down.

Attack Arian: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 16 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Attack Arian: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 = 20 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Attack Arian: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Attack Arian: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Players up!


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian ducks and weaves and manages to evade the worst of the blows.

The 20 hits, the others miss. Took 4 damage.

While most polearm wielders would have to back up from such a mob, Arian simply shifts her grip closer to the center of the pole and starts swinging both ends, first the blade, then the haft, at the gnolls surrounding her.

Activating spear dancing style, which lets me drop the reach quality so I can strike close in and causes my glaive-guisarme to function as a double weapon.

Glaive-guisarme, two-weapon fighting with spear dancing: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Glaive-guisarme haft, two-weapon fighting with spear dancing: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Damage, blade end: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage, haft: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

That's another one.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa rushes in and fires off some acid at one of the gnolls.

"Everyone get out there! Arian's surrounded!"

Acid Spash: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15; Acid Splash Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Faffnyr moves at full speed towards Arian


Male Wizard (Conjurer) 4 (HP 24/24) | AC: 10 | T: 10 | FF: 10 | CMB +2 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +1 | Wil: +5 | Init: +0 | Craft(alchemy) +10 | Diplomacy: +10 | Kn(Arcana/Planes): +12 | Kn(Dng/Geog/Hstry/Ntr/Rlgn): +9 | Kn(Local) +6 | Linguistics: +10 | Perception: +4 | Sense Motive: +3 | Spellcraft: +12 |

As Alem finishes casting his spell, the ground next to Ffafnyr rumbles and comes to life as the very rocks beneath their feet stand to fight alongside the warriors. His spell complete, Alem shouts some commands in language with many hard, gravelly consonants, and the creature melds with the ground and slides along to attack the nearest gnoll.

Elemental damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Elemental attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Improvements to attack and damage from Augment Summoning feat (+4 to Str and Con) and the elemental's Earth Mastery feature (+1 to attack and damage if both elemental and enemy touch the ground). AC is 17, HP is 17 due to Augment Summoning.

As his elemental goes to work, Alem conjures up a cloud of mist to blind the gnolls and give Arian a chance to slip from out of her precarious position. Using Alem's standard action to cast obscuring mist centered on Arian.


December 26th Update

One of the gnolls falls as Arian cuts it in two. Zoisa tries to help but her acid attack only singes the bits of fur on one gnolls leg. Alem summons a helpful fighter form beyond who surges forth, but is unable to connect with its first attack.

The gnolls, seeing themselves outnumbered and realizing they will most likely be overpowered, begin to retreat at once.

Anyone who can take an AoO may do so.

Players up!


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Arian snarls and slashes with her blade again as the gnolls back up, but fails to connect.

Alem:
You can't put obscuring mist around me, because the Effect line for the spell is: cloud spreads in 20-ft. radius from you, 20 ft. high. (Emphasis mine.)

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Faffnyr moves forward, ready to support Arian.


December 26th Update

These gnolls each spend their turn running at full speed. They are about 150 ft away (not reflected in the map). Do you attempt to follow/act/ flee/etc?


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Let's get out of here before they come back with friends!" says Arian. "We need to find a safe spot away from that patrol."

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

"A most sensible idea, Arian!"
The big burly shecleric turns and moves quite purposefully toward the rear.


Male Wizard (Conjurer) 4 (HP 24/24) | AC: 10 | T: 10 | FF: 10 | CMB +2 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +1 | Wil: +5 | Init: +0 | Craft(alchemy) +10 | Diplomacy: +10 | Kn(Arcana/Planes): +12 | Kn(Dng/Geog/Hstry/Ntr/Rlgn): +9 | Kn(Local) +6 | Linguistics: +10 | Perception: +4 | Sense Motive: +3 | Spellcraft: +12 |

The living pile of dirt and rocks throws a slow punch at the fleeing gnolls, but then they're gone. Sinking back into the ground, the stones return back to their normal, lifeless state.

"The mist will cover our escape, but we have certainly been found out. Gnolls are cowardly creatures when they face an overwhelming force, but if they return with greater numbers they will be fearless."

Earth elemental AoO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Earth elemental damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


December 26th Update

And so, the party does a quick retreat, and helps the still injured Feliped back over the dunes that lead up to the city of Kelmarane. You all can hear the sound of excited gnolls start to grow, but looking behind yourselves, you don't see any large groups.

Panting heavily, you all stumble back into camp, no sign of any group following you. Almah, concerned over the manner you return and the stranger you have brought back with you.

"What's going on?" she demands.

"Who is this man? What have you discovered?"


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"He's a survivor," says Arian. "We ran into small sandworms and a patrol of gnolls. I killed a few and they ran, but we came back here before they could return in larger numbers. Much of the village outskirts is empty. My guess is that the gnolls have overtaken the place."


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

I HAVE RETURNED FROM DISNEY WORLD!

Zoisa follows the others' tactical lead as they score a small victory against the gnoll occupiers and then beat a hasty retreat back to the camp.

"Yeah, what Arian said! His name is Feliped, and he's with the Pathfinder Society. He was exploring Kelmarane too, but he got trapped there by the gnolls. We've bloodied their noses and now there'll be fewer gnolls to fight to retake the town."


Male Wizard (Conjurer) 4 (HP 24/24) | AC: 10 | T: 10 | FF: 10 | CMB +2 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +1 | Wil: +5 | Init: +0 | Craft(alchemy) +10 | Diplomacy: +10 | Kn(Arcana/Planes): +12 | Kn(Dng/Geog/Hstry/Ntr/Rlgn): +9 | Kn(Local) +6 | Linguistics: +10 | Perception: +4 | Sense Motive: +3 | Spellcraft: +12 |

"I have a full report of what we have discovered so far," adds Alem, offering his journal. "There is still much of the city to explore, and there is a defensible position on the outskirts from which to stage our scouting."


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa nods at Alem's assessment.

"So...has anything out of the ordinary happened while we were investigating?"


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian takes the opportunity to clean gnoll bits off of her glaive-guisarme while waiting to hear about any recent developments. She removes one of her many scarves and unrolls an old rag, carefully picks off bits of gnoll bone and hair, then starts wiping down the blade.


December 26th Update

"No...no, we've made sure to secure the area. I had hoped to maintain the secrecy of our enterprise as long as possible, but we were bound to be discovered sooner or later."

Anyone level 2 go ahead and level 3

"You all look tired. Take a rest and plan out your next moves. I also have a gift for you."

She removes a scroll from a scroll case on her hip, and hands it to your group.

"Before he passed, my fortuneteller gave me this scroll. It was blank at the time, but now. Well, take a look."

And you find a somewhat detailed map of the area. If you look on Roll20, you can see the layout of the town.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa's eyes bug out into deep purple orbs at the sight of the magic map.

"Oooooooh! A magic map! That is so cooooooool!"

She seems almost a little TOO mesmerized by this relatively simple magic item.

801 to 850 of 1,066 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Legacy of Fire : A Journey through the Sands Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.