Legacy of Fire : A Journey through the Sands (Inactive)

Game Master inxpitter

Combat Map
Kelmarane Environs


751 to 800 of 1,066 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

"Warning of what?" Zoisa replies, keeping her distance to mollify the snake.


December 26th Update

The snake just repeats the phrase, coiling over itself and being watchful if Zoisa gets any closer. It is NOT friendly.

Is everyone else just going as far as Zoisa? Who's staying all the way back? Some folks haven't moved yet.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

I'm staying behind Zoisa (though I have a reach weapon if the snake strikes!).


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

"Be friend?" Zoisa asks the snake, tossing a piece of dried meat towards it as a peace offering.


December 26th Update

The snake lets the meat fall onto the floor and it viciously strikes it. Seeing it already dead, it slowly swallows it, and coils around itself hissing the same phrase over and over.

[i]Warning....[/ooc]

In simple terms, this snake is not a friendly creature.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa pouts as the snake continues to be on edge.

"Me leave you alone," she tells it, returning to the others.

"We'll want to avoid that spot. The snake doesn't wanna be friends."


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"All right. Can we keep going?" says Arian quietly.


Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 3; Init +4; Perc +5 (dark vision 60ft); hp 22/22
Stats:
AC 19, T 15, FF 14, CMD 17; F +2, R +7, W +2

Avoiding the area with the snake, Seyhannah moves forward somewhat stealthfully. Stopping when she sees red and yellow stripes of a tent.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

dice gods love me...

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Do not complain, where are still alive!
Faffnyr nods and keeps a wide berth from the snake. Could have been worse!
Approaching the scouts she whispers."What do you see ahead?"


December 26th Update

The group moves up and past the slave markets, still seemingly raising no alarms. You see a split in the road. To the right is over a river using a small bridge but leads to two buildings. One is roofless Mill while the other doesn't seem to have many features. The other way leads deeper into Kelmarane.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa takes point, tiptoeing through the traces of the town.

Is there a spot on the map for the snek? I don't want to step on him!

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21; Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


December 26th Update

Snake is placed on the map.

Zoisa scurries forth and peers with new acuity.

She notices one building [B3] seems constructed well, might be a good place to take a break.

[B4] seems to be stables of sort completely devoid of actual horses.

[B5 seems to be a large mansion of sorts, three stories tall. It would make for a great vantage point.


Male Wizard (Conjurer) 4 (HP 24/24) | AC: 10 | T: 10 | FF: 10 | CMB +2 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +1 | Wil: +5 | Init: +0 | Craft(alchemy) +10 | Diplomacy: +10 | Kn(Arcana/Planes): +12 | Kn(Dng/Geog/Hstry/Ntr/Rlgn): +9 | Kn(Local) +6 | Linguistics: +10 | Perception: +4 | Sense Motive: +3 | Spellcraft: +12 |

"Kaspar, make yourself useful for once. Climb that tower and tell us what you can see," Alem commands his familiar, gesturing at the building with his staff.

Perception (Alem): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Perception (Kaspar): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa eagerly follows after Kaspar.

Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


December 26th Update

The small monkey, followed by the small gnome, make their way to the outside of the tower.

Kasper doesn't seem to notice anything. Zoisa, tries to scale the walls but slips down time and time again. She doesn't seem to notice anything either.

B5 seems relatively safe.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa glowers at her repeated failures to scale the wall.

"Darnit! How does a monkey climb so much better than me?!" she asks no one in particular.

She waves the others over to the building.

"Coast seems clear!"


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

With the signal given, Arian quickly advances to join Zoisa. She enters with her pole arm at the ready and scans the corners of the building by habit.


December 26th Update

Moving us along to keep the game going at a decent pace.

The group hurries into B5 and finds the building in a state of dust but firm structure. As was reported, the building is deserted and for the first time while you were sneaking up here, you feel that you have a place that you can call a checkpoint of sorts, some place to rest or hid in the case of danger, so long as it remains unsearched.

The time is now midday. Keep in mind you'll have to make a journey back and that takes time while sneaking. How's everyone holding up?


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

I'm good!

"Let's see if we can get one more building under our belts before we turn back," says Arian.

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Faffnyr nods."Absalom wasn´t build in one day. But on the other hand I still have many prayers left and I still can channel!"


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Josria nodded and whispered, "I still have a good many spells that should prove useful, especially in the heat of battle."


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"All right then," says Arian. "Where can we get to from here? Let me see." She peeks her head out to get a look at the surrounding area again.

After surveying the area, she points to the long structure to the northwest, across the way from the colorful canopies by the building the group currently occupies. "I'm going to head over there. Cover me." She scampers across the way and checks for any openings - doors or windows - to the building (B3).


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa follows after Arian, not about to be outdone by someone taller than her.


Male Wizard (Conjurer) 4 (HP 24/24) | AC: 10 | T: 10 | FF: 10 | CMB +2 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +1 | Wil: +5 | Init: +0 | Craft(alchemy) +10 | Diplomacy: +10 | Kn(Arcana/Planes): +12 | Kn(Dng/Geog/Hstry/Ntr/Rlgn): +9 | Kn(Local) +6 | Linguistics: +10 | Perception: +4 | Sense Motive: +3 | Spellcraft: +12 |

At this rate, our scouting mission could take a week or more!

While Arian and Zoisa move to the next building, Alem confers with the others. "We have seen very little activity here. It is possible that Kelmerane's current inhabitants are nocturnal, something we may never discover if we only strike out at day. Perhaps we ought make a camp for our scouting party closer to the city?"


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

"That's possible. I think Alem's idea has strrrrong merrrrit," Josria purred.


December 26th Update

Everyone going with Arian, make me stealth checks please.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Zoisa scampers after Arian, loudly kicking up gravel as she rushes to catch up.


Male Wizard (Conjurer) 4 (HP 24/24) | AC: 10 | T: 10 | FF: 10 | CMB +2 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +1 | Wil: +5 | Init: +0 | Craft(alchemy) +10 | Diplomacy: +10 | Kn(Arcana/Planes): +12 | Kn(Dng/Geog/Hstry/Ntr/Rlgn): +9 | Kn(Local) +6 | Linguistics: +10 | Perception: +4 | Sense Motive: +3 | Spellcraft: +12 |

Never one for sitting still while others are about, Kaspar tags along. He ambles along quietly, his small feet making no noise on the sands.

Kaspar Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 3; Init +4; Perc +5 (dark vision 60ft); hp 22/22
Stats:
AC 19, T 15, FF 14, CMD 17; F +2, R +7, W +2

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Catching up to the others Seyhannah slips between the buildings following, bow at the ready.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

The monkey's a better rogue than me! :P


Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 3; Init +4; Perc +5 (dark vision 60ft); hp 22/22
Stats:
AC 19, T 15, FF 14, CMD 17; F +2, R +7, W +2

i believe you are not adding your size bonus to stealth. I may. E remembering wrong but don't you get a +4 for being small sized? Won't improve the roll but 12 is better than 8


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Oh shush, this is funnier! :P


Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 3; Init +4; Perc +5 (dark vision 60ft); hp 22/22
Stats:
AC 19, T 15, FF 14, CMD 17; F +2, R +7, W +2

shushing. Consider me shushed. No one can shush better than me!


Male Wizard (Conjurer) 4 (HP 24/24) | AC: 10 | T: 10 | FF: 10 | CMB +2 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +1 | Wil: +5 | Init: +0 | Craft(alchemy) +10 | Diplomacy: +10 | Kn(Arcana/Planes): +12 | Kn(Dng/Geog/Hstry/Ntr/Rlgn): +9 | Kn(Local) +6 | Linguistics: +10 | Perception: +4 | Sense Motive: +3 | Spellcraft: +12 |

I think I forgot to add Kaspar's size bonus to stealth also. I really need to get around to making a proper character sheet for the little guy.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 2 = 13

Josria was a bit worried that she had let her natural skills at stealth get rusty over the years.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6
Seyhannah Kassim wrote:
shushing. Consider me shushed. No one can shush better than me!

This is why I love this campaign so much! I just worry my attempts at comic relief are kind of amateurish. Granted Zoisa's got a rather childish sense of humor...Now we just need to see what all the noise Zoisa's making does!


December 26th Update

It's a short jaunt over, and thankfully (you guys are very lucky) and make it into [B3] without much difficulty. However, Zoisa did accidently trip. Perhaps a being of keener ears could have heard her...

[B3] appears to be a common house of sorts, an inn for the visitors of Kelmarane who were unable to afford the plush accomodatins of the hostels near the battle market. On close inspection it has sturdy walls and and dound constuction. And ideal resting place for those attempting to flee or invade the area.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Looks like we could use this space for moving up our base of operations," suggests Arian quietly. "Should I keep going, or do we want to send someone back to let the rest of the crew know that we'll be staying here and continuing to explore tomorrow?"


Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 3; Init +4; Perc +5 (dark vision 60ft); hp 22/22
Stats:
AC 19, T 15, FF 14, CMD 17; F +2, R +7, W +2

Looking my around, Seyhannah inspects the area for signs of other creatures using this shelter as well. Survival searching for tracks: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

After looking around she seems to conclude it to be safe and agrees with Arian.

Im fine to continue or head back.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

"I could go back...I wanna see if the worm thing is back!" Zoisa says eagerly.

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Faffnyr nods to Arian. "Let us continue, the more we explore and pacify, the better!"


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"All right. Let's start by checking the rest of this building," says Arian as she heads to the northern section that's connected to this inn.

Investigating B4 and B5. If they are empty, I want to get a look to the west and start seeing some of that stuff that's under the black area on the map.


Male Wizard (Conjurer) 4 (HP 24/24) | AC: 10 | T: 10 | FF: 10 | CMB +2 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +1 | Wil: +5 | Init: +0 | Craft(alchemy) +10 | Diplomacy: +10 | Kn(Arcana/Planes): +12 | Kn(Dng/Geog/Hstry/Ntr/Rlgn): +9 | Kn(Local) +6 | Linguistics: +10 | Perception: +4 | Sense Motive: +3 | Spellcraft: +12 |

It looks like Ffafnyr didn't roll stealth. It also looks like Alem is the only one staying behind? Maybe we'll just handwave that everybody went along so I'm not stuck over here :P

Alem frowns at Zoisa's exuberance for flinging herself into harm's way. "I shall accompany Zoisa to carry the message," he offers. That way, one of us will actually be able to deliver it!


December 26th Update

Dungeon crawls are always a slog, so I'm handwaving a lot in the interest of moving forward.

[B5] was your lookout point, so you'll be headed to [B4].

The stables are intact and connected to the [B3] house through a small narrow hallway. Staying inside, you make your way into the stables. No horses, no dead bodies, no-

Wait....what was that?

A figure moves from a pile of hay, pale, his side is wounded but stable. He looks amazingly relieved to see what he hopes are friendly faces.

The man is dressed as an adventurer, his head in a protective helm and his cloak sweaty and ragged.

"Please, can you escort me to safety?"

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

SenseM: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
"Hail, lonely wanderer, what do you do here!"


Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 3; Init +4; Perc +5 (dark vision 60ft); hp 22/22
Stats:
AC 19, T 15, FF 14, CMD 17; F +2, R +7, W +2

Seyhannah rests her hand on her sword hilt and walks up behind Faffnyr. Looking around for possible imbush.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Are Alem and me with the rest of the group meeting this guy, or have we broken off to report back to Almah?


December 26th Update

You tell me Zoisa, did you guys leave already or are you still around.

The man looks uncomfortable, and you can he has a wound on his leg. Seyhannah doesn't notice anything like an ambush, but the man nods as he sees her look around quickly.

"You're a careful bunch. Good." he chuckles, but his face grimaces as his chest bouncing seems to press on his wounds.

Faffnyr cannot deduce any hidden motives from the man's actions and speech. He seems genuinely glad to see you not immediately attack him.

"My party had....they....I had to flee for my life. This city, it was too much for us."

His face falls, as the memory seems to hit him harder than any pain.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Trying to calm the man down, the catfolk sorceress pats the man's hand, saying, "We arrre so sorrrrry forrrr the harrrrdships you've had to face herrrre. We can help you as best as we can, but what about yourrr frrrrriends? Do you know wherrrre they arrrre? We can trrrry to frrree to them if we can. But firrrrst, what is yourrrr name and how did you get herrrre?"

My character is still with the group meeting with this guy. And dang! That's a good roll right there!


Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 3; Init +4; Perc +5 (dark vision 60ft); hp 22/22
Stats:
AC 19, T 15, FF 14, CMD 17; F +2, R +7, W +2

Seyhannah doesn't say much but her attitude softens toward the stranger. A source of intel couldn't hurt.

She listens for the mans responses, trying not to pile on more pressure.

751 to 800 of 1,066 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Legacy of Fire : A Journey through the Sands Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.