Iron Gods Campaign

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Iron Gods campaign.

Treasure list

maps

images


1,401 to 1,450 of 1,805 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

Main attack, Power Attack, Beacon of Hope: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 = 26
Main damage, Power Attack, Flagbearer: 1d8 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 1 = 18

Main attack 2, Power Attack, Beacon of Hope: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20
Main damage 2, Power Attack, Flagbearer: 1d8 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 1 = 18

Off attack, Power Attack, Beacon of Hope: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15
Off damage, Power Attack, Flagbearer: 1d8 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 1 = 15

Grezzag lashes out at any remaining lobotomites within range.


Between Vivianne, Grezzag and Alldur the remaining two lobotomites are destroyed.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Seeing no more enemies, Alldur waves his hand and the smear of grease across the floor dries and flakes to dust. 'Now, about our friend in the tank?'


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne nods and goes over to the tank, actually forcing the bar open this time before looking inside of it. "Hello? It's safe now, we murdered all the... whatever they are."


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz rushes to aid his fellow ratfolk. "Are you okay, brother? How did you survive in there!?" Zimdoz's whiskers twitch as he takes stock of the prisoner.


My thanks for the rescue. I do not know how I survived, Marrow kept threatening to kill me. Who are you, are you new members of the Redtooth tribe?


My name is Whiskifiss, please could you escort me back to Redtooth's Warren?


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

"No, we're from Torch. Here tracking down some... dangerous elements that were a trouble to the town. We'd love to escort you back, or at least, I would. But... Our business here is not yet done. Marrow still lives."


Very well. I still feel weak, I will remain here if that is agreeable?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz nods, "good with me, stay out of sight until we get back. We should be here within a few hours. If not, well, it didn't go well for us with Marrow."


I'm assuming you move on to H5?

This large chamber contains several metal tables adorned with tangles of strange devices sporting metallic, articulated arms, many of which end in blades, needles, saws, or other implements of surgery. The whole area reeks of blood and old guts, and telltale rusty brown stains besmirch the floor and walls. Lighting is provided by several burning skulls sitting here and there throughout the room.


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne's face twists in disgust, bringing her hand up to cover her mouth. "Iomedae preserve us... We made the right decision coming here first."


I'm assuming you move on to H6

This chamber combines the comforts of a cosy bedroom with the horrors of a necromantic laboratory-it's difficult to tell which pieces of furniture here are meant for relaxation and which ones are intended for torture. In the room is a hobgoblin and 4 zombies


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur continues to scan the rooms as they explore. He grimaces at the first. 'This is no way to keep a laboratory.' He tuts.

In the second room, 'Merry, I presume?'


"Who in the nine hells are you? Leave now or I will destroy you


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Her eyes fall onto the hobgoblin after taking everything in and she just immediately draws her sword and points it at him. "May Pharasma judge you accordingly, because I have already passed mine."


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"I don't think he got the message Viv! Try it again, once more. With feeling!" Poshment suggests to the Paladin, miming how he thinks she should be pointing her sword with much more dramatic flair.

"Oh, oh, oh!" he continues, jumping up and down with his hand raised. "I choose 'destroy us'!"


Marrow initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Zombie initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Poshment initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Vivianne initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Alldur initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Zimdoz initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Grezzag initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


So initiative order is

Block 1: Zimdoz

Block 2: Marrow

Block 3: Grezzag;Alldur;Poshment and Vivianne

Block 4: Zombies

So Zimdoz your action


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz notices that marrow is a horrible spellcaster, so he moves in line of sight, and quickly loads a paper cartridge imbued with tangling, fire, and poison, then fires past the zombies.

+1 dragon pistol, second range increment, point blank shot, not ranged touch: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 13 - 2 + 1 = 22
+1 dragon pistol, point blank shot, ordnance, secretion: 1d4 + 3 + 1 + 3d6 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + (6, 6, 3) + 4 + 4 = 31

If hit, he has to make a DC 17 reflex save or be entangled, and a dc 17 Fort Save or be dazed and fatigued


Reflex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Sid's pistol bolt flies through the air and strikes Marrow and she screams in pain.

In relation she casts a spell at Sid

Blindness - Fort 14

On to Block 3


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur steps forward and utters a quick 'Careful.' while rubbing a glass rod on a bit of fur. A burst of electricity arcs out from the fur through to where Marrow stands.

Lightning Bolt: 6d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 6, 1, 3, 5) = 25

I *think* I can fire a lightning bolt through the door here tagging a zombie and Marrow. Reflex DC 18 for half.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Fort Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Zimdoz shakes off the effect and glares at Marrow.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"Alright, alright, let's take this one to the top! Milani, as your most faithful revolutionary, grant us your aid so we may release the people of whatever this place is called from one of the shackles that binds them! Down with Marrow!" Poshment pleads to the ceiling. Sure enough, his allies feel a sense of support while his foes begin to realize that they are but mere stepping stones.
________
Prayer! We get +1 to pretty much everything, they get a -1 to pretty much everything. No save.


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne advanced forward after Alldur gets off the blast of lightning, swinging her blade in an attempt to cut through the wall of flesh between her and the necromancer.

Longsword Power Attack 1: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 11
Longsword Damage 1: 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 11

Longsword Power Attack 2: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 13
Longsword Damage 2: 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 10


Marrow reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

zombie reflex: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5


One of the zombies is incinerated by Alldur's spell, Marrow tries to dodge the effect but still takes some damage.

Vivianne cuts through another zombie.

Grezzag slices into the closest zombie

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Grezzag slices into one of the zombies, destroying it.

The remaining zombie tries to slam against Vivianne

slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Back to Zimdoz


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz quickly loads his pistol with a burning, tanglefoot, toxic paper cartridge and then scurries in past the zombie, provoking an attack. He takes a point-blank shot against Marrow, who is now fully exposed.

"Your deprivations are over."

+1 dragon pistol, point blank shot, ranged touch: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 13 + 1 = 16
+1 dragon pistol, point blank shot, ordnance, secretion: 1d4 + 3 + 1 + 3d6 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 + (3, 6, 3) + 4 + 4 = 25

If hit, he has to make a DC 17 reflex save or be entangled, and a dc 17 Fort Save or be dazed and fatigued


Marrow takes the full force of Zimdoz's pistol shot, a look of surprise crosses her face and she falls over dead. The zombie also crumples to dust at the same time.

Loot:

2 potions of cure moderate wounds
wand of ray of enfeeblement (34 charges)
wand of ray of exhaustion (18 charges)
wand of scorching ray (16 charges)
2 gas grenades
4 doses of soothe
dagger
cloak of resistance +1
48gp
7 batteries
22 silverdisks
pouch of 12 fire opals worth 100gp each
3 large garnets worth 300gp each
a further 14 vials of soothe
3 more gas grenades
two scrolls of animate dead
a scroll of command undead
scroll of technomancy
Whiskifiss's gear


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"What a shmuck! Marrow went down like a sack of potatoes," Poshment complains as he starts scooping up items off of Marrow's corpse. "Her tyranny is over now though and we can make friends with the Redteeth now!"


You reunite with Whiskifiss and he leads you to Redtooth's warren. You see that the warren is guarded by several ratfolk and they all loom nervous. Eventually you are taken in front of a golden furred ratfolk.

Who are you, what do you want here?


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Glancing at the gathered group, she lets out a small sigh and steps forward first. "I am a Paladin of Iomedae, named Vivianne de Tregan. My comrades can introduce themselves, but we are all here from the town of Torch. A servant of the... being known as Hellion was causing trouble, and we've come here tracking them down."


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"And now we are here to give you Whiskifiss and tell you that we've kicked Marrow's bucket! Or however that saying goes!" Poshment says as he pushes the Ratfolk forward. "The local gang scene is pretty fierce here, so we picked off the Frowners and are looking to square up with the Hellions, or whatever! So many names, I should start writing these things down... But then I'd have to remember where I put my notes! GAH!"


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'Do you think we should start calling ourselves by one of these silly names? You know, to steep in local flavor? I like the ring of 'Alldur and Friends'' He says to no one in particular.


"You've brought Whiskifiss back? Then you are welcome here. Yes i have heard the name Hellion, its's something that the Lords of Rust worship. If you want to deal with the Lords of Rust you should try and destabilise their power base. You could turn people away from them by destroying the Manticore (something) they haven't been able to do, secondly there is rumoured to be explosives in the wreck (area P), finally there was a group who called themselves the Thralls of Hellion who the Lords of Rust disbanded, if any of them are still alive they might be able to assist you.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Poshment smacks his head. "D'oh! The Lords of Rust! So ominous. Would your lot be able to provide us with any help in any of these tasks? I'm sure clearing out the Rust Munchers is beneficial to you as well, eh? We've also proven our reliability by knocking out the Frowners and bringing Whiskifiss back," he says with a knowing look.
________
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

"We also helped the Steel Hawks by killing Birdfood. So their remnants would totally be willing to join some kind of alliance against the Lords of Rust."


"It will take us time to gather our forces, if you have other allies that will help. We will fight with you when the time is right. In the meantime you can use our warren as a safe house while you confound the Lords of Rust


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"Perfect!" Poshment says with a jump. "I say we try to find the Thralls of Hellion first. What we learn from any survivors might be useful in the rest of our tasks. What do you guys think?!" We are building up a rebellion that will be for the betterment of the people, AH! This is going to be such great practice for when I organize against the Technic League!


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

”Hello to you, I don’t believe we caught your name, but I am Zimdoz. Thank you for offering your warren. My family left scrapwall many years ago and has been living in Torch, but it is nice to be back with my kind, at least for a bit. Tell me, can I help you with the warren’s defenses or anything like that? I learned a great deal about... explosives and machines.” Zimdoz nods as the party goes over the plan for who to tackle next.

”We’ll follow your advice, thanks.”

Zimdoz will offer to help fix things around the warren, build turrets and help craft alchemical stuff while they are doing downtime, for roleplaying. :)


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne offered a small nod at Poshment. "Find the Thralls, get them on board, then deal with that manticore, before finally handling the explosives. Best plan of action, in my opinion."


"I thank you for your offer Zimdoz, any offer of help is much appreciated.

If you take a day you can set up some basic defensive tools

The following day you head out into Scrapwall to find the Thralls of Hellion. You head to the northeast and find that you are clearly in their territory.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur spends the day repairing and technological devices the Ratfolk may have on hand.

'Nice bunch of people.' Alldur muses as they head northeast.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne probably spent the day alongside Poshment, trying to heal up whatever injured the Redtooth clan has... alongside helping haul heavy materials. Being big amongst small people was nice.

She put her a hand on her back and stretched, a couple popping sounds being heard. "Note to self, crouching while carrying things with low ceiling tunnels is hell on the back."


The lair of the Thralls of Hellion appears deserted.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Smiling after a day of healing and helping, Poshment finds a nice corner to relax in before dozing off. Nothing builds good will like good will!

"Doesn't look like anybody is home..." Captain Obvious says to the group. "IS ANYBODY HOME?! ARE THERE THRALLS OF HELLION HERE?" he screams into the void. "See? Nobody is here. Should we just look around then?"


Perception checks please


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3

1,401 to 1,450 of 1,805 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.