Iron Gods Campaign

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Iron Gods campaign.

Treasure list

maps

images


1,151 to 1,200 of 2,068 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

Main hand attack, power attack, flagbearer: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 = 16
Main hand damage, power attack, flagbearer, axe to grind: 1d8 + 12 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 1 + 1 = 19
Off hand attack, power attack, flagbearer: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 = 20
Off hand damage, power attack, flagbearer, axe to grind: 1d8 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 19

Grezzag deflects the enemy's attacks, then retaliates with two swings of his own.


Grezzag deals two mighty blows into the guard leader. He looks very badly wounded but is still there but only just.

Back to block 1


Gnome Cleric of Milani 8 | HP: 89/89 | AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 18 CMD: 16 | F+10 R+4 W+9 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Extend 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Freedom 8/8; Channel Positive 9/9; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 4+1/4+1 3rd 4+1/4+1 4th 3+1/3+1

"Ha! Look, I got one!" Poshment cheers at his first "kill." With only a couple of foes left, the Gnome turns his attention to the one person that Grezzag couldn't bring down with a single hit and rewards him with a gout of flames for his efforts. "We make quite the pair Grezzag! I think I'll get the paperwork in order to make this a real thing!" he jokes.
________
Produce Flame (Touch, Melee) vs Leader: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 4 = 191d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


With Poshment's spell the leader is immolated.

Vivianne, what are you doing?


Female Human Martyr Paladin 8

Sorry, I noticed that it was my turn then got distracted.

Vivianne grits her teeth as the dagger leaves a shallow cut along her arm. Bringing her arm back, she hacks at the man infront of her.

Longsword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 101d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur conjures another salvo of missiles to strike the remaining enemy.

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3, 4) + 3 = 14


Vivianne misses.

Alldur sends a series of magic missiles through the air and the creature falls back dead

Loot:

2 gas grenades
7 doses of soothe
6 suits of m.w armour
2 m/w handaxes
5 m/w buckler
5 daggers
5 gunslinger's pistols with 5 bullets each.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 8 | HP: 89/89 | AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 18 CMD: 16 | F+10 R+4 W+9 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Extend 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Freedom 8/8; Channel Positive 9/9; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 4+1/4+1 3rd 4+1/4+1 4th 3+1/3+1

"Well that was certainly unexpected," Poshment notes as he straightens out his clothing. "Shall we search the rest of the compound before moving on?"


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz nods, ”we might as well, maybe we can find out why we were ambushed.” Zimdoz looks around the ruined compound for a while for clues or information.

Take 10 on Perception, for 23


Moving around you discover the following:

A3: Only the stone outer shell of the keep remains; its wooden interior burned down long ago. Over a smouldering campfire are several long strips of flesh (Heal DC 15)

A6: This building's ruins still smoulder in places and the interior has collapsed in on itself after being set on fire. A half-dozen dead horses lie amid the rubble, along with the grisly, mutilated bodies of several humans. It seems as if they have been butchered for meat. In one corner are 6 longbows, 4 heavy crossbows, 60 arrows and 50 bolts.

A7: In this watchtower are 4 prisoners who have been bound and gagged.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 8 | HP: 89/89 | AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 18 CMD: 16 | F+10 R+4 W+9 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Extend 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Freedom 8/8; Channel Positive 9/9; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 4+1/4+1 3rd 4+1/4+1 4th 3+1/3+1

Seeing the bound prisoners, Poshment quickly moves to free them. "What has happened here? Who are you? How can we help you?" he asks. These poor people, bound and held against their will! Good thing we found them, chained is no way for a person to live!
_________
Heal, DC 15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

Grezzag nods in satisfaction as the last enemy falls.

"Good work." He moves over to examine the device the leader was fiddling with before attacking.

Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Female Human Martyr Paladin 8

She nods and follows after, keeping her sword drawn. She takes a quick glance at the meat strips before following after Poshment. "Don't overwhelm them Poshment, give them some breathing room."

Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Gnome Cleric of Milani 8 | HP: 89/89 | AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 18 CMD: 16 | F+10 R+4 W+9 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Extend 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Freedom 8/8; Channel Positive 9/9; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 4+1/4+1 3rd 4+1/4+1 4th 3+1/3+1

"Ah, why yes, of course," Poshment says as he rises and dusts off the front of his trousers. "I've seen some things in Galt and how prisoners are treated. Beaten to death, dragged by horses through the streets, beheaded by a Final Blade, quartered, burned, exsanguinate," he continues, his ramble lasting becoming more gruesome as time goes on. "...And all for having a slight difference of opinion or wanting to be free of tyranny. But I digress, I do apologize if I have overwhelmed you!" he concludes with a smile.


Poshment and Vivianne you can tell that the strips of flesh are human flesh.

The leader of the prisoners is a man called Andalen Kraklos and he thanks you for rescuing him and his companions


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur cringes at Poshment's litany of foul fates but scans the rooms for magical auras.


There are no magical auras in the room


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

"So are you lot the Sarenrites who live here, or travellers like us? Y'know anything of why that lot took over?"


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz looks nauseous at the sight of the flash, but helps untie the prisoners, trying to be comforting.


We are visiting Sarenrites, we come here every so often to pay homage to our fallen comrades. The group that attacked us and you are part of a gang called the Smilers, one of several gangs based in nearby Scrapwall


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

'Well, they're not smiling any more' Alldur mutters mostly to himself.


Female Human Martyr Paladin 8

Vivianne glances back at where they fought them, a disgusted look on her face. She shakes her head a bit before offering a hand to Andalen. "Do you require any aid getting out of here? I'm sure we'd be willing to help you out, considering your unfortunate situation."


No we should be okay getting back. Is there anything we can do to help you?


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

"Info about Scrapwall'd be helpful. You know much about the other gangs inside? We're tracking down someone called Hellion."


We don't know much about Scrapwall as we have not been there. However, we do know that the Smilers are located in the northwest section of Scrapwall.

The Smilers are led by a notorious hobgoblin necromancer called Marrow. We have heard rumours that she is also some sort of undead.

A new gang has arisen in Scrapwall. They're called the Lords of Rust, and all the other Scrapwall gangs have been scrambling to earn respect and favour with them for months now. Recently, one of the Lords of Rust was killed and the remaining Lords have become increasingly angry and eager to lash out.

The Lords of Rust are the current masters of Scrapwall. Their members include a violent troll named Helskarg, a half-orc cleric named Nalakai, a mysterious four armed monster known as Zagmander, a chain-wielding ettin named Draigs, and an orc barbarian named Kulgara. Until recently a sixth lord was counted among them,a purple haired priestess called Meyanda.

We've heard Hellion is some sort of god but we think this is rubbish. We think he's the true leader of the Lords of Rust. His sign is a claw.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 8 | HP: 89/89 | AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 18 CMD: 16 | F+10 R+4 W+9 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Extend 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Freedom 8/8; Channel Positive 9/9; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 4+1/4+1 3rd 4+1/4+1 4th 3+1/3+1

Poshment's eyes go wide as the Sarenrites divulge what information they have. Where to begin?! "Thank you for what you are able to share with us! What should we do now? Dismantling the feeder gangs seems prudent, or even convincing them to join our cause against Hellion. Starting with the remaining Smilers appears to be a logical next step. The Lords of Rust, however don't sound like people to trifle with lightly. Any allies we can make would likely prove invaluable! Tell me, how do the citizens of Scrapwall feel about these gangs?"
________
That's some good info! Really helps with the spell prep when we plan our encounter with them!


Female Human Martyr Paladin 8

"The very first course of action is removing these... Smilers. Eating people, is not okay. End of the story." A small sigh escapes her lips and she rubs the back of her neck. "Would you like help burying any dead you might have?"


Your help would be welcome, thank you.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

'Do you know which one of these bastards was in charge around here? Telling the other Smilers that we killed one of their leaders might help to cow them into submission.'


The one in charge was a guy called Ewhar "Hatchet-hand" Vress.

He points to the body of the smiler with the handaxes as he says this


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

Grezzag nods at Poshment and Vivianne's plans. "I'm good with hitting more of these guys. But yeah, we should see if any of the other groups'll talk. If the Rust lot are new and have shaken things up, I reckon a lot of 'em won't mind if we take 'em down."


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

"Agreed, the smilers are monsters. I expect some of the ratfolk are working for Hellion - do you know if this is the case, sir? We had heard rumors that some of my people had thrown their lot in with him. I am all for talking with folks and trying to get allies - but my skills lie in the realm of machines and tinkering. I'll likely just provide moral support." Zimdoz smiles at the assembled persons.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 8 | HP: 89/89 | AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 18 CMD: 16 | F+10 R+4 W+9 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Extend 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Freedom 8/8; Channel Positive 9/9; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 4+1/4+1 3rd 4+1/4+1 4th 3+1/3+1

"Talking, however, is something Vivianne and I can do all day!" Poshment declares proudly. "I'm sure we can handle any task, as long as we plan to our strengths."
________
Ready to go smash some Smilers when y'all are!


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur scoops up the man's handaxes and sticks them in his belt. 'Less grisly than chopping off his head.' He offers.


Not in any great numbers as far as I am aware. Our intelligence has discovered that the majority of the ratfolk are part of their own gang, Redtooth's Raiders, led by a ratfolk called Redtooth. They suffer from frequent attacks by the Smilers


Gnome Cleric of Milani 8 | HP: 89/89 | AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 18 CMD: 16 | F+10 R+4 W+9 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Extend 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Freedom 8/8; Channel Positive 9/9; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 4+1/4+1 3rd 4+1/4+1 4th 3+1/3+1

"Perfect! Once we squash the remaining Smilers, I bet the Raiders will be more amicable to our cause," Poshment points out.


Female Human Martyr Paladin 8

Vivianne nods over at Poshment, rubbing her chin as she thinks. "The Lords of Rust honestly sound like a group we're going to need help dealing with... It seems like we'll definitely be picking sides."


Going to move things on a bit - we are now on map 3

Scrapwall is an intimidating sight. Towers of rusted iron and hills of rubble and ruin, long ago divested of anything of remote value by tech-hungry scavengers loom from the dusty surrounding plains. Immense lengths of chain, coils of jagged wire, giant clockwork gears, and old corrugated metal cargo containers riddled with gashes form a jagged and intimidating set of hill like walls surrounding the interior

You come in at area b

A ramshackle pair of buildings with walls and roofs made of strips of leather and fur, timbers, metal plates, and other junk lashed and bolted together sits in a gap in the surrounding mounds of refuse. Between the two buildings runs a metal gate, closed to block passage into the open area beyond


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

'Well. at least it lives up to it's name' Alldur squints disdainfully at the heaps of rusting metal surrounding the dwellings.


What do you want to do?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 8 | HP: 89/89 | AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 18 CMD: 16 | F+10 R+4 W+9 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Extend 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Freedom 8/8; Channel Positive 9/9; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 4+1/4+1 3rd 4+1/4+1 4th 3+1/3+1

"Alright, we don't know who we will find first, so I suggest we keep a low profile. Let's try and find the remaining Smilers and take them out before anyone is the wiser. Afterwards, we should probably find shelter for our stay in Scrapwall," Poshment suggests.

The Gnome hesitantly approaches the gate. "He-Hello? We'd like to come in!" he calls out.


Female Human Martyr Paladin 8

Vivianne nods at Poshment and follows after him, trying to look important while glancing up at the gate. "Hopefully, this won't go completely topsy turvy."


A guard steps out and talks to you

Who are you, and why are you here? Are you crusaders?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

On the way.

Zimdoz pulls up his hood and wraps a scrap of cloth around his face to disguise himself as yet another nameless ratfolk, in an effort to blend in.

In a slightly muffled voice, ”maybe someone will mistake me for a raider and give up some info,”

At the gate.

Zimdoz stands quietly, trying to look as much like a creeping, sneaky ratfolk as he can.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 8 | HP: 89/89 | AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 18 CMD: 16 | F+10 R+4 W+9 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Extend 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Freedom 8/8; Channel Positive 9/9; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 4+1/4+1 3rd 4+1/4+1 4th 3+1/3+1

Poshment contorts his face into a scowl. "Crusaders? No sir! We are just travelers, ready to spend some coin at the tavern! Drinks, a place to sleep, a place to... you know!" he explains. Milani knows I could use a damn beer right about now, why is he grilling us? "Maybe even tend to some of your sick if we're in the mood," he adds.
________
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur makes a show of the handaxes tucked into his belt, swaying his hips without subtlety.


Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


The guard does not appear to spot the handaxes

You can come in, there's always room for one more, as long as you behave

At this point a female guard comes out

Come with me, I would talk to you if you are willing


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

Grezzag looks around warily, content to let the more diplomatic members do the talking.

He is willing to talk to the female guard, if anyone asks.


Female Human Martyr Paladin 8

Smiling in slight relief, she offers a nod and moves to follow the guard. "Always willing to talk, what is it you require?

1,151 to 1,200 of 2,068 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.