Iron Gods Campaign

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Iron Gods campaign.

Treasure list

maps

images


1,501 to 1,550 of 1,808 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

Yeah you manage to cast haste before we start initiative.


Alldur, your action


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur takes aim at the approaching creature and fires an acid arrow at the beast.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

haste active on the party. 5 rounds remaining

2 rounds remaining on acid arrow if it hits


The manticore just manages to dodge the effects of Alldur's spell. It flies in at 10 feet above the ground, it fires a tail spike at Zimdoz

tail spike: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


On to block 3


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"There are the tail spikes!" Poshment chirps as he ducks for cover behind Grezzag. With a burst of positive energy, he emboldens the party with Milani's might. "Zimdoz, can your blast pull it down from the skies?!"
________
I don't think anyone is damaged, so I won't roll the dice for it, but Poshment is channeling positive to activate Beacon of Hope! Everyone basically gets a Heroism for the next 3 rounds.


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne blinked a bit and frowned, looking up at the Manticore and waving her sword in the air. "Get down here so I can cut your head off monster!"


Anyone else?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Breathlessly, Zimdoz reloads his pistol with paper cartridges and fires quickly, his first heavily loaded with debuffs and damage. ”Um, this is the breadth of my ordnance ability, so maybe? But it’s more likely just to slow it down.”

Free action reload on dragon pistol because I’m using paper cartridges, so I can do two attacks with haste. I can only ordnance the first though.

+1 dragon pistol, point blank shot, ranged touch, haste: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 1 + 1 = 24
+1 dragon pistol, point blank shot, ordnance, secretion: 1d4 + 3 + 1 + 3d6 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 + (4, 3, 4) + 4 + 4 = 26
+1 dragon pistol, point blank shot, ranged touch, haste: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 1 + 1 = 25
+1 dragon pistol, point blank shot, secretion: 1d4 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 11

If hit by the first, it has to make a DC 17 reflex save or be entangled, and a dc 17 Fort Save or be dazed and fatigued. If hit by the second, it has to make a DC 17 Fort Save or be dazed and fatigued. I don’t think any of those will cause it to fall, but entangle, daze, and fatigue might slow it enough so it can’t move enough without stalling.


Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Fort save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Fort save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


The manticore is dazed and fatigued, it just manages to keep aloft.

Anyone else?


Grezzag fires his longbow at the manticore.

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Back to Alldur


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'Hold still, damn you!' Alldur shouts while rubbing a bit of fur with a glass rod. Lightning erupts from his hands and arcs out towards the manticore.

Lightning Bolt!: 6d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 4, 2, 6, 3) = 22

lightning bolt DC 18 Reflex for half.


reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


The manticore screams in pain as the lightning bolt strikes it, although it tries to evade it, it is almost as if the bolt is attracted to the creature and it hits it full in the face. The fur around it's muzzle chars and then catches alight and the beast is consumed by a ball of electricity.

Loot: Hidden among the bones you also find:

250gp
m/w cold iron dagger
a +1 battleaxe
a silver armband with pearls inserted into it worth 700gp
a ring of the ram with 17 charges
An EMP pistol with 9 charges


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"That was AWESOME!" Poshment cheers. "First you were like 'PEW PEW!' and then you were like 'CRAAAACKOOOOOM!' and then it went 'ZZZZZT!'... Let's do it again! But after we brag to the whole town about being able to slay the Manticore while the Hellbunnies couldn't!"


I beleive the plan after the manticore was to head to the weapons cache?

The air is unnaturally cold in this empty atrium. Metal doorways yawn to the north and south, and the slanted floor is strewn with strange bits of rubble and twisted lengths of metal. The ceiling is badly damaged here, its gray metal shell shattered in numerous places, exposing coils of rusty, mould covered cables and wires.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur blinks, looking from the falling manticore to the rod and fur in his hand, the fur smoldering away in his palm. 'Huh, That worked.' he wipes the ash on his trousers and walks up to examine the beast.

Later, at the cache

Alldur scans the hallway alternating between searching for sources of magic and sources of technology.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

detect magic and technomancy to check the area.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz wipes off his hands, and with a nimble flourish, holsters his smoldering pistol.

”I can do that trick only a bit more today, so, we’ll have to make the best use of our time. I’ll see if I can squeeze in a few more pyrotechnics.” He grins at Poshment and nods respectfully to Alldur’s magic.

Later

Zimdoz carefully scouts ahead to ensure that the broken wires aren’t trapped, even inadvertently.

Percetion Take 10 in the room, for 27.


Have moved you guys onto the correct part of the map.

Alldur you do not detect anything magical. It looks like this device was designed to function as a kind of ship's lifeboat from the general style and design.

To the west (P2) you can hear a soft grinding sound like metal scraping on metal.

Further west (P3) you notice a faint light, similar to that of a lantern held aloft, casting strange flickering shadows through a tangle of rubble.

To the south (P4) there is the cloying stink of rotted flesh


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Poshment claps his hands together at the promise of more explosions. "Yay! They always make things more exciting!"

"This is an eerie place, what a sensory mishmash. A smorgasbord, if you will," he notes as he checks his hat for any dust from their last encounter. Wouldn't want Manticore dust to accumulate, might stain!

"I propose we figure out what's making that grinding noise. Really, none of the rooms look safe. They are all quite foreboding!" he admits.
________
Clockwise from P2 work for everyone?


The northeastern wall of this blasted chamber was obviously super-heated at some point, for here and there, the walls ran wax like, forming slag that cooled into puddles of steel all along the floor. Debris litters the floor-it might once have been tech of great value but now is mere scraps of unsalvageable half-melted junk.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'Savages' Alldur tuts to himself seeing the scattered bits of technological junk.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

"Yes, it's actually painful seeing all that turned to slag." Zimdoz looks at the stuff wistfully.


At this point several bits of metal seem to fly up and attempt to hit Poshment, Zimdoz and Alldur

cog attack on Poshment: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

cog attack on Zimdoz: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

cog attack on Alldur: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Zimdoz initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Alldur initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Poshment initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Vivianne initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Grezzag initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Poltergeist initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

You can have a knowledge religion check


So initiative order is

Block 1: Alldur

Block 2: Poltergeists

Block 3: Everyone else

The poltergeists are invisible so have not put them on the map as yet.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'The Hells was that?' Alldur asks, his skin taking on a metallic hue. He begins scanning the room for the source of the attack.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Iron Skin Active: AC 15 T 12 FF 13


stealth: 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 20 + 2 = 29


You can't quite make out where the creatures are

Was your action to cast Iron Skin?


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Yeah, sorry for not making that clear


The poltergeists throw more cogs and bits of wire

cog attack on Poshment: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

cog attack on Zimdoz: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

cog attack on Alldur: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

On to block 3


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"Does anyone even know what is throwing stuff at us? I can't see a thing!" Poshment asks as bits of machinery fly around the room. "Um... Hello there, please stop!"

He does his best to keep looking around the room, checking behind and under things. "Is this like a haunt or something?"
________
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Poshment has no idea what is happening. Two move actions for two perception checks.


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne whirled around and squinted, eyeing the room. Closing her eyes for a moment, when they opened again, a slight glow came from them as she tried to Detect Evil.

Just gonna use Detect Evil.


Poshment you do not see anything.

Vivianne you are able to pinpoint the squares the creatures are in.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz pauses, then rummages in his pack and draws his extract out and drinks it quickly, hoping to find the invisible foes.

Drink extract of see invisibility. If I spot them, I'll point em out!


Zimdoz, you are able to see where the creatures are.

Grezzag moves forward and tries to hit.

+1/MW Orc Double Axe: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

misschance: 1d100 ⇒ 75


Unfortunately Grezzag misses.

Alldur, back to you


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'Enough of this! Vivianne, close your eyes' Alldur flings a small handful of glittering powder into the air and the cloud multiplies and expands, settling over a wide area in a coat of golden dust.

glitterdust on the area indicated by the square. Sorry for the FF Vivianne, but unless I can put it in the wall, I gotta catch you in it to get two of them. Will DC 17 to avoid blindness.


will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Two of the poltergeists are blinded and take no actions as they spend the round trying to clear their vision, one manages to make its save and retaliates by throwing a cog at Vivianne. All of the poltergeists are now visible.

cog attack on Vivianne: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Back to block 3


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"AH! I liked it better when I couldn't see all of that ugly!" Poshment shouts as he reaches for his holy symbol. "If that isn't undead, I don't know what is!"

He raises his holy symbol and releases a burst of positive energy.
________
Positive Channel (Harm Undead), DC 16 Will: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 4) = 15


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Vivianne turns as he shouts that... and gets Glitter all in her eyes. She yelps and brings a hand up to rub at her eyes. "Didn't you have ANY OTHER spell you could have cast?"


will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


With the power of Poshment's spell two of the poltergeists are vaporised.

Anyone else?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz loads his pistol and takes a shot at the visible poltergeist.

"There's one there, take a swing!"

pistol, point blank shot, ranged touch: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 1 = 15
pistol damage, point blank shot: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5


Sid wounds one of the poltergeists

Anyone else?


Grezzag moves forward and attacks the remaining Poltergeist.

+1/MW Orc Double Axe, Power Attack:: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


With Grezzag's blow the remaining poltergeist is destroyed.

Amid the clutter in the room are:

43 silverdisks
a timeworn grenade launcher with 14 charges
three concussion grenades
a timeworn emergency beacon with 18 charges
a timeworn emergency raft with 3 charges
a timeworn emergency shelter
3 charges of cylex


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

”That was bizarre!” Poshment says when the bits and pieces of the room remain in place. Spying the grenade launcher, his index finger gets twitchy. ”Zimdoz, Alldur, does that thing shoot bigger things? Sort of like a catapult but for two hands?!”
________
Clockwise on the doors!


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur hefts the launcher and begins turning it over experimentally 'Why, yes, that's exactly what it is. I think it's ammunition might be somewhat explosive.'

1,501 to 1,550 of 1,808 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.