Iron Gods Campaign

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Iron Gods campaign.

Treasure list

maps

images


1,351 to 1,400 of 1,990 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"Just one more try!" Poshment promises as he tries to fire another blast at the same foe. This one flies dangerously close to Vivianne's shoulder, but fortunately finds the wall instead. "OK, OK, I'M DONE!" he says as he tosses the gun to the floor and pushes it away with his foot.
________
Pistol (Cover, Proficiency, Touch): 1d20 + 5 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 4 - 4 = 21d8 ⇒ 6
Clearly didn't matter, but last round I forgot to actually include the penalties after writing them down!


Anyone else?


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

the pistol attacks are against touch ac at this range, right? So 3 damage to me, 2 to Poshment

Grezzag snarls as one bullet grazes him, while he narrowly avoids the second. He steps over to another Smiler and slashes at him with both ends of his axe.

Main hand attack, Power Attack, Flagbearer: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 = 24
Main hand damage, Power Attack, Flagbearer, Axe to Grind: 1d8 + 12 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 1 + 1 = 16
Off hand attack, Power Attack, Flagbearer: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 = 16
Off hand damage, Power Attack, Flagbearer, Axe to Grind: 1d8 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 13


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne swings at her own target again, growling.

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 2 = 8
Lonsgword Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 = 9


Yeah sorry, they are against touch AC

Grezzag's blow tears into one of the Smilers, killing him, Vivianne misses

Back to block 1


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz steps up and blasts the last of the smilers.

+1 dragon pistol, buffed, point blank shot, scatter, ranged touch, left smiler,flagbearer: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 21
+1 dragon pistol, buffed, point blank shot, scatter, ranged touch, right smiler, flagbearer: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 18
dragon pistol damage, point blank shot, tanglefoot, ordance, secretion, flagbearer: 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 7 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + 7 + 4 + 1 = 18

Anyone hit - DC 16 reflex save or entangled and DC 16 Fort save or fatigued.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur fires off another round of missiles at the remaining Smiler.

magic missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4, 4) + 3 = 13


With Sid's shot and Alldur's missiles the remaining Smiler is no more.

Loot: 4 vials of soothe
4 suits of m/w leather armour
4 m/w buckler
4 daggers
4 gunslingers pistols with 10 bullets each


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne clicked her tongue and shook her head, nudging one of the corpses with a boot. "I wonder why they have nothing better than daggers? Is an axe really that hard to get?"


Where to next?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Nudging the gun with his toe, Poshment chimes in. "They probably rely a lot on these damn things!" After everything has been collected, he points to the other double doors. "We could search these rooms here quickly, then head through the door behind the bar! Can't wait to see this Marrow fellow, I bet he is a hoot!"


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

She nods at Poshment, squinting at the double doors. "That's one way to put it... But yes, let's end this."


On to H4

Well over a dozen large glass tanks sit against the walls of this oval shaped chamber. The tanks themselves are semi-opaque with condensation, grit and filth, but several of them seem to contain some sort of figure within. Each tank has a metal-rimmed door on its front allowing the contents to be accessed, and one tank to the north has been wrapped with several coils of rope.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'Well, this looks inviting' Alldur draws a wand from his belt and begins pouring over the tanks.

quick scan with detect magic and then technomancy to figure out what they are. +10 to know engineering checks for technological items.


There is a magical aura coming from the tank wrapped with rope. It is a universal aura


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

Grezzag taps the tanks with the flat of his axe and peers inside, trying to make out what's within.

"What're they doing with these"


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Poshment wipes grime from the glass before pressing his face firmly against it for a better look. "Great question my green friend," he says as he peels his face off of the tank. "Alldur, the hell is this?" he asks before pressing against the tank again.

If nothing happens, he also begins knocking on the metal door. "Does it move?" he mumbles into the glass, mostly to himself.


Poshment, you see in the tank covered in the ropes that there is a frightened looking ratfolk


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

”Let me see if it is stable.” Zimdoz pushes past and examines the device, looking for traps and any broken mechanisms. ”Erm, if we get him out, you should know that most ratfolk aren’t as.... outgoing as my family. No way to know how he’ll react.” He turns to the prisoner and says loudly, while gesturing ”WE’RE HERE TO HELP, STAND BACK AND ILL TRY TO GET YOU OUT.” Zimdoz waits for confirmation about the mechanism from Alldur before trying anything out.

Perception to find traps, take 10 for 26. Is the mechanism keeping him there some type of lock that I can bypass?


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur continues to study the tank, trying to figure out how it works.

Know Engi: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19 An additional +10 if there are any 'item properties' to determine


Alldur, it looks as if the tank has some kind of hatch that can be opened to release the inhabitant. Alternatively the tank can just be broken from the outside.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'If we want to release whoever this is, we just need to turn this handle here.' Alldur says, pointing to a large red bar with chipping red paint and stepping back.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"AH!" Poshment shouts as he leaps back from the tank. "I will stand over here then, carry on!"


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne rolled her eyes and walked over to the red bar, sheathing her sword and grabbing hold of it. She gave it a shove, turning it around before opening the door and looking inside. "Are you alright? Probably doing better than all those smilers, because they're dead."


As you start to turn the valve to release the ratfol, suddenly there is a shattering of glass from the other tanks. Eight human creatures emerge, they look somewhat mindless but they move forward to attack

Lobotomites initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Poshment initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Alldur initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Zimdoz initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Grezzag initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Vivianne initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


So initiative order is:

Block 1: Alldur, Poshment, Grezzag and Vivianne

Block 2: Lobotomites

Block 3: Zimdoz

So block 1 your actions.

Map and images updated


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Reflexively Zimdoz squeaks, "See a trap! I knew it. Everything is always trapped." He looks disconsolate.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'It was only supposed to open the one!' Alldur groans. he then pulls out a small ball of butter and smears it between his palms. A patch of ground about halfway down the room begins to shine with grease.

grease on the spaces I put a square on. The reflex save to avoid falling if they fail their move checks is 16


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"THAT'S NOT WHERE PEOPLE COME FROM!" Poshment cries as he releases a wave of positive energy and steps back further into the hallway.
________
Channel Positive (Heal, Beacon of Hope): 3d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 2) = 4 ...hmm...
Beacon of Hope feat gives everyone a +2 morale bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, and skill checks for the next 3 rounds.


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

I'm taking cleaving finish as my shiny new fighter feat. basically if I hit someone below 0hp, I get a free attack at someone within reach (once per round) So ignore it if there's no kill. Or if I roll a 1, I guess.

Main attack, Power Attack, Beacon of Hope: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16
Main damage, Power Attack, Flagbearer, Axe to Grind: 1d8 + 12 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 1 + 1 = 15

Main attack 2, Power Attack, Beacon of Hope: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21
Main damage 2, Power Attack, Flagbearer, Axe to Grind: 1d8 + 12 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 1 + 1 = 21

Off attack, Power Attack, Beacon of Hope: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 = 24
Off damage, Power Attack, Flagbearer, Axe to Grind: 1d8 + 10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 1 + 1 = 14

Cleaving Finish attack, Power Attack, Beacon of Hope: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 12
Cleaving Finish, Power Attack, Flagbearer: 1d8 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 1 = 18

Grezzag gives a start as the tank he was examining suddenly bursts open. Stepping between two of the attackers, he starts slashing furiously, turning to the second once the first one falls.


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Raising the arm that was opening the door to keep any glass from flying into her face, she easily brought the motion into drawing her sword. Eyeing the mindless creature, an even deeper frown comes over her face and she slashes her blade once, then twice. "May Iomedae grant you her mercy."

Longsword Power Attack 1: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 13
Longsword Damage 1: 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 13

Longsword Power Attack 2: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 - 2 = 14
Longsword Damage 2: 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 12


With a dazzling display of skill Grezzag drops two of the lobotomites before they have a chance to act.

Vivianne manages to drop another one.

The lobotomites then move and attack

Greatclub on Grezzag: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

[i]Two of them step into the grease

reflex save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

reflex save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


The two lobotomites manage to avoid falling over

Zimdoz, over to you.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz steps back and quickly loads a bullet into his dragon pistol, then fires at the nearest lobotomite.

[ooc]If the one adjacent to me is actually dead, don’t step back. Not sure if map was updated.[/ooc[

Dragon pistol, ranged touch, poshment’s hope, flagbearer: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 2 + 1 = 26
dragon pistol damage, flagbearer: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5


Sorry, map now updated

Sid's bullet strikes the creature but it is still there.

Back to block 1


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne looks down at the area of grease and lets out a small sigh, readying herself to slice at whatever comes within range.

Readied action to attack when a hostile comes into range.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'Pardon' he says, stepping up and rubbing a bit of fur with a glass rod.

Concentration: 1d20 + 11 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 4 + 2 = 22 Casting Defensively, Combat Casting, Good Hope

Lightning Bolt: 6d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 6, 6, 2, 4) = 28

Reflex 18 for half. Looks like I can hit two or maybe 3 of them


reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Wow, that doesn't happen very often!

The lightning bolt flies true and strikes the creatures, they manages to evade some of the blast, however one of them falls dead.

Anyone else?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"Yeah! That's how you do it!" Poshment cheers as he re-enters the room from the hallway. Not seeing a scratch on his friends and that they have this fight well in hand, he raises his shield to keep himself safe.
________
Total Defense, y'all got this on lock!


Grezzag, your action


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

Grezzag moves up to the edge of the patch of grease, axe in hand.


The lobotomites move forward, one tries to attack Grezzag, the other two try to cross the grease to reach Alldur and Vivianne.

reflex save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

reflex save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Greatclub on Grezzag: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1

damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


The lobotomite moving towards Alldur falls over in the grease, the other manages to make it to Vivianne and attacks

Greatclub: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

On to block 3


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne's readied action triggers, and she swings her blade out at the Lobotomites with a frown.

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 12
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 10


Vivianne misses

Zimdoz, your action


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz sighs grumpily at the lobotomites, and reloads and fires a bullet at the closest one.

Dragon pistol, ranged touch, poshment’s hope, pbs: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 2 + 1 = 34
dragon pistol damage, pbs: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5


With Zimdoz's shot another lobotomite falls.

Back to block 1


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

She frowns slightly as her swing goes wide before bringing her arm back again to throw two more quick slashes out at the lobotomite.

Longsword Power Attack 1: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 17
Longsword Damage 1: 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 16

Longsword Power Attack 2: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 - 2 = 16
Longsword Damage 2: 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 15


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur's voice crackles and snaps with a strange noise and he reaches out to slap at the creature before him.

Concentration: 1d20 + 11 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 4 + 2 = 31 Hope, Combat casting

Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8 Hope

Electricity Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 1, 4) = 11

1,351 to 1,400 of 1,990 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.