Iron Gods Campaign

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Iron Gods campaign.

Treasure list

maps

images


1,451 to 1,500 of 1,810 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28


You do not see anything of note.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"I guess they were all killed. We'll have to take the fight to the Lords of Rust without them then," Poshment comments, a little put out by the lack of survivors. "We can take them anyways, we didn't need the Thralls! Just would have been nice to have is all. To the Manticore then?"


As Poshment says this a tentacle reaches down and attacks him.

tentacle: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

grab: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'Were they supposed to have tentacles?' Alldur says, taken aback.


Alldur initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Poshment initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Zimdoz initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Grezzag initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Vivianne initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Choker initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Initiative order:

Block 1: You guys

Block 2: Chokers

Knowledge dungeoneering to identify

So over to block 1


Map updated- using map slide 2


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"AAAAAAAHHHH-" Poshment screams as the tentacles from above wrap around his neck. Distressed, he points rapidly and excessively at the coils.
________
CMB vs Grapple (Control the Grapple): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 ...oh!


Poshment you manage to break free of the grapple

Anyone else?


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur draws a bit of leaf an a small animals organ. He thumbs the leaf inside the organ and flings it towards the creature attacking Poshment. Upon leaving his hand it transforms into a dart of acid.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Acid Arrow: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8

acid arrow on the one on Poshment. 2 rounds of burning remaining.


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne rushes forward to attack the creature that attacked Poshment, since she can't see anything else at the moment.

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 18
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 11


Alldur's blob of acid hits the choker and it screams in pain just before Vivianne moves up and slices its head off.

Zimdoz, what are you doing?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz rebuffed after they rested and before they entered this lair. Don’t forget barkskin! Not sure if any others are visible so just readying an attack to shoot.

Zimdoz quickly loads up his paper cartridge and readies to fire a toxic tanglefoot ordnance at any creatures that attack.

+1 dragon pistol, point blank shot, ranged touch: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 13 + 1 = 28
+1 dragon pistol, point blank shot, ordnance, secretion: 1d4 + 3 + 1 + 3d6 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 + (6, 3, 3) + 4 + 4 = 26

If hit, he has to make a DC 17 reflex save or be entangled, and a dc 17 Fort Save or be dazed and fatigued

knowledge (dungeoneering).: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31


Zimdoz's shot flies through the air and strikes one of the chokers between the eyes, killing it instantly.

Zimdoz, you recognise the creature as a choker. They have the grab and constrict ability and they have a reach of 10 feet. Sorry there's not more but these creatures don't have much information.


Grezzag moves forward and attacks one of the chokers

waraxe: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

damage: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

The chokers then move and attack Grezzag and Zimdoz

tentacle on Grezzag: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

tentacle on Zimdoz: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

And back to you guys


confirmation roll on Zimdoz: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"Thanks for the back up, but I was about to pin that thing!" Poshment boasts. "The whole gun thing didn't work out, but maybe being a wrestler will!" While he rambles, the Gnome manages to pull a scroll from his bag and shower the party in Milani's good will.
________
Bless!


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Rushing over Zimdoz side, she swung upwards at the creature with a scowl.

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 26
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 11


Vivianne's longsword slices into one of the creatures.

Anyone else?


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur takes a step backwards, drawing his wand and whirling to aim at the creature attacking Grezzag.

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 2) + 3 = 9


Alldur's bolt strikes the choker and it falls backwards dead.

Zimdoz, what are you doing?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz quickly loads a paper cartridge imbued with tangling, fire, and poison, then fires at the last choker

+1 dragon pistol, point blank shot, ranged touch: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 13 - 2 + 1 = 30
+1 dragon pistol, point blank shot, ordnance, secretion: 1d4 + 3 + 1 + 3d6 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 + (4, 6, 2) + 4 + 4 = 26

If hit, it has to make a DC 17 reflex save or be entangled, and a dc 17 Fort Save or be dazed and fatigued


With Zimdoz's shot the final choker falls dead

No loot- where to next?


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

A small sigh escaped her as the last one died and she glanced around. "I guess we know what happened to the Thralls of Hellion... But where are the bodies?"


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'Maybe these things... ate them?' Alldur wonders aloud, nudging one of the creatures with a foot.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Poshment stands over one of the chokers and pries it's mouth open to inspect the teeth. "Definitely possible, Alldur!" he concludes after looking the teeth over from several angles.

"Now that they are on the floor instead of the ceiling, I say we look for any signs of them! If they were eaten, maybe they brought something of note back to their nest! Then we would at least know for sure," he suggests.
_______
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Giving Poshment a small nod, she started inspecting the ceiling. Hopefully an entire group of people weren't murdered... by three monsters they dealt with relatively easily. "...Am I the only one who finds the idea of those three managing to take out an entire group of people strange?"

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 6


You can see no signs of the thralls of Hellion. The only logical explanation is that they left the area by themselves and then the chokers moved in


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

"Hmm, is there any sign that we can track them? Let's have a look around - everyone, try not to wander everywhere, let me see if I can find any humanoid tracks." Zimdoz muses while nudging the dead choker and cleaning out his pistol.

Zimdoz then attempts to track down any sign of the thralls.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


There are some tracks, however they fade after not very long but they seem to be heading east.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur crouches over a choker while the others look about, learning what he can without dissecting the corpse.


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne scratches her head as she glances around. "...Wonder where they got off to. I mean, if I had no reason to be here, I'd leave as well... Would leave Numeria entirely, to be honest."


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Numeria definitely is a rough place to live. "East, Zimdoz? Well let's take a look thataway and see if we can pick up any clues! If not... Well I guess we move on to the next lead we have!"
________
Dicebot, why have you forsaken us?


Which lead are you following?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

IIRC the Manticore was next!


You walk for some time, you come to what looks like a nest. It is a tangled mess of coils of razor-spiked wire, rusty chains, bones, rubbles and the like. Amid the nest is the body of someone who is wearing a badge labelled "The Thralls of Hellion"


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"Huh. Well s@&&. That answers that," Poshment says while peering at the mangled remains. "Soooo... Where is the Manticore? I doubt it is something we want getting the jump on us like those Chokers did, eh?"

"Alldur, do you know anything about Manticores? Vivianne, Grezzag, have either of you fought one before? They're big, right? Like a dragon-lion hybrid thing? No offense Zimdoz, but I figure if either of us had seen one before we'd probably run for cover, haha!"
________
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
If we don't notice any threats and there is a way for him to get to it, Poshment would like to pick up the badge. Shield Other on Grezzag at this point.


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

She shook her head and glanced up at the sky, clicking her tongue a bit. "Never fought one before, I only know that they're very dangerous beasts... Hopefully it doesn't get the drop on us."


Poshment in the distance you can see a large creature flying back in your direction. It's too far to make out any details.

Knowledge dungeoneering check to find out more about manticores.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"Oh boy. Anybody else see that big thing flying straight towards us?" Poshment asks, pointing to a large and quickly growing speck in the sky. "I've got a feeling we should prepare for battle," he says as he places himself behind the party about ten feet.


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne drew her sword and turned around to look at the speck in the distance, squinting. "...Yes, we really should prepare for battle."


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

Zimdoz peers at the creature, and tries to identify it.

"Ahh, an actual manticore. Okay - if it gets too close, we shoot it out of the sky?"

Zimdoz loads his dragon pistol with a paper cartridge, and readies an action to attack.

Ready a fire, tangling, secretion shot to fire if the manticore gets within 10 feet.

+1 dragon pistol, point blank shot, ranged touch: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 1 = 17
+1 dragon pistol, point blank shot, ordnance, secretion: 1d4 + 3 + 1 + 3d6 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 + (3, 4, 4) + 4 + 4 = 24

If hit, it has to make a DC 17 reflex save or be entangled, and a dc 17 Fort Save or be dazed and fatigued.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur squints at the creature flying towards them. 'Nope, never heard of 'em.'

Alldur reaches into a pouch at his waist and retrieves a small bit of fragrant root and a small knife. He raises it to chest height and watches the creature approach, trying to get his timing right. 'Gather 'round'

When I think the creature is about a round away I'd like to cast haste on the group.


Map and images updated - using map slide 4

There is a roar and the manticore starts flying towards the nest, as it gets within 10 feet Zimdoz fires at it. The bullet strikes it, Zimdoz you recall that manticores have damage reduction and they have the ability to fire tail spikes

Reflex save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Fort save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Manticore initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Alldur initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

Zimdoz initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Poshment initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Vivianne initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Grezzag initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Initiative order:

Block 1: Alldur

Block 2: Manticore

Block 3: Everyone else

So Alldur your action


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Do I get haste off before initiative is rolled or will that be in the first round?

1,451 to 1,500 of 1,810 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.