Iron Gods Campaign

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Iron Gods campaign.

Treasure list

maps

images


1,201 to 1,250 of 1,801 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

The woman takes you into a small side room

My name is Sevroth Slaid. You have just met my gang the Steel Hawks. We used to be the toughest gang in town before the Lords of Rust arrived, murdered our leader, and installed "that Smiler Birdfood" as our new commander. We're no match for the ranger and his orc minions. If you get red of Birdfood so I can take control of the remnants of my gang, I'll help you however I can.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

That's quite the bargain and plays into our hands nicely... "Are they always around the gate? We've just had a scuffle of our own, but, assuming my companions are amicable to this arrangement, we could come by tomorrow to dispatch of your little problem here. What can you tell us about the other gangs in Scrapwall? Are we turning ourselves into targets in doing this for you?" Poshment inquires, placing a foot on the lowest object he can find so he can lean on his knee as they negotiate.
________
Not opposed to doing it today if y'all want, Poshment just figures we should keep a low profile at least for the first couple minutes we are in town :P


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur nudges Grezzag and whispers to the half-orc 'Why do gangs always have the silliest names? 'Smilers', 'Toadlords'. I suppose Steel Hawks isn't too bad'


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne quirked an eyebrow, tilting her head. "...You don't seem very gang like, but alright. We were planning on trying to get rid of the Smilers anyway... They pushed their luck by attacking a caravan of Sarenites across the river."


We are in control of the gate. I will tell you more once you have dealt with Birdfood. He can be found in the area he calls his Hawk Palace (area D)


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz nods, "I'm up for it. I assume we can move through Scrapwall unimpeded, then? Or do you want us to deal with the smilers directly?"

Zimdoz will follow along, but before they get to the smiler camp, will activate some of his buffs.


We will not impede you, but the Smilers and the Lords are strong, if you take out Birdfood first you can use this area as a place of refuge. But there is nothing stopping you exploring other areas as long as you are careful and don't draw too much attention to yourselves. That said there may be groups that may attack you on sight, particularly the Smilers


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"Hrmm..." Poshment rubs his chin as he thinks. "If some groups will be openly hostile to us, we may as well trounce this Birdfood and rest here in relative safety. Any objections to that?"
________
I'd like to have Shield Other back up, but if we are running the risk of getting jumped while still being new to town, it might be worth taking them out quickly. Thoughts?


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

"No objections from me. The sooner we deal with the Smilers, the less chance of anyone being eaten."


You head deeper into the town of Scrapwall (Area D on map). The Steel Hawks headquarters is a ramshackle structure built out of wood, bits of scrap metal, and other items of refuse scavenged. Outside the door of the building are six Orcs, seemingly on guard.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur tenses for a moment and his skin takes on a familiar metallic hue.

Activating Iron Skin AC 15 T 12 FF 13


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Twirling his fancy new metal rod around, Poshment adjusts his hat before whispering to his companions. "Suppose we'll talk to them first? I bet it'll devolve into uncivilized fisticuffs momentarily, but for the sake of appearances, eh?" Before taking a step in front of the rest of the party, he snaps his fingers "It's show time!" His confidence is eerily contagious, everyone around him seems to have become further emboldened to their cause!

"Why HEEEEEEELLLLO there! We heard you bums are the Frowners, and we wanted to know why you were so sad!" Poshment says in a degrading tone and with an emphatic pout. "Nothing a little drink can't cure, eh? Bottoms up!" he cheers, taking the entire infusion in one go.
________
Good Hope on everyone! Basically +2 to all rolls ever. EDIT: Included a little bit about quaffing the infusion. Thanks Zimdoz :)


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz passes his Barkskin infusions (+2 enhancement to natural armor) to Poshment and Vivianne before they get too close, quaffs his infusion of see invisibility, heightened awareness, ant haul, and comprehend languages. He drinks his dexterity mutagen, and activates his toxic secretion.

Zimdoz does not draw his weapon, but waits for the other party members to engage, not sure of the best way to approach a non-dungeon situation.


One of the Orcs looks up and snarls at you

What do you want, and word to the wise, we're the Smilers got it?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"Ha! As dumb as you are ugly it seems. What a shame. I've already told you what I want," Poshment says before doing a quick "rewind" sequence by "undrinking" his infusion and speaking in gibberish. "We heard you bums are the Frowners, and we wanted to know why you were so sad!" he delivers once more, making the pout and condescension even more obnoxious.

"Was the second time around better? I could do it again, but with feeling this time. Maybe some spirit fingers? No! Wait! JAZZ HANDS!" he goads, demonstrating each move.
________
Are the orcs angry yet? ;)


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

hah

Zimdoz struggles to contain a chuckle.


At Poshment's words the Orcs draw their weapons, it looks as if they are readying to attack.


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne stifles her own giggles until the orcs draw their weapons, getting serious and putting her hand on the hilt of her sword. She glances at Poshment with a 'what are you even doing', look.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur carefully unwraps a small ball of butter from a pouch at his waist. He eyes the Orc that's been doing a majority of the talking and utters a few words over the dairy product. A sheen of grease coats the orc's weapon.

grease on the 'lead' orc's axe. DC 15 to avoid the effect

Iron Skin Active: AC 15 T 12 FF 13


reflex: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12


The lead Orc drops his axe. At this point the rest of the Orcs move forwards to attack.

Orcs initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

Birdfood initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

hawks initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Alldur initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Zimdoz initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Poshment initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Vivianne initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Initiative order:

Block 1: Alldur

Block 2: Birdfood

Block 3: Zimdoz

Block 4: Hawks and Orcs

Block 5: Poshment and Vivianne

So Alldur, your action.


Apologies realised I missed Grezzag

Grezzag initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


So Grezzag comes in on block 3


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

do we have a map for this encounter? I'll take my actions regardless

Alldur draws his wand and lets loose with another trio of missiles. 'I took your man's axes!' He taunts the orcs.

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4, 1) + 3 = 10

Targeting one of the still-armed orcs

Iron Skin Active: AC 15 T 12 FF 13


Map on slide 3

Alldur's magic bolt flies through the air and strikes one of the Orcs, killing it instantly.

Birdfood tries to fire at Alldur

Longbow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 3) + 3 = 12

Longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 3 = 7

Zimdoz, over to you


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Post in a bit, getting kids to bed.


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

Grezzag stomps up the stairs to the orcs, bringing his axe round in a mighty two-handed swing into one orc's side, then using the movement of wrenching it out to slam it into another.

Double Axe attack, 2H, Power Attack, Good Hope: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 = 16
Double Axe damage, 2H, Power Attack, Good Hope, Axe to Grind: 1d8 + 16 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 2 + 1 = 26
Cleave Double Axe attack, 2H, Power Attack, Good Hope: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 2 = 28
Cleave Double Axe damage, 2H, Power Attack, Good Hope, Axe to Grind: 1d8 + 16 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 2 + 1 = 23

Using cleave so -2 to AC for a round: 18/11/16


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz notices quickly loads his pistol with an infused and poisoned pellets, and gets ready to unleash them on the assembled orcs.

Actions:

Standard action - load pellets with tanglefoot bomb ordance with fatigue secretion

Lots of effects on my next turn! Anyone I hit with the pellet touch attack will take 1d4+4+7 fire+4 poison and have to make a DC 16 Reflex Save to avoid entangle and a DC 16 fort save to avoid fatigue. Hooray!


With a roar Grezzag launches into the orcs and with two swings of his axe hacks two of the creatures in half.

The hawks ready near their master.

One of the orcs moves back towards birdfood. The other two move in to attack Grezzag and Zimdoz.

falchion on Zimdoz: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8

falchion on Grezzag: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8

On to block 5


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"Now we know why you're the Frowners! None of you can fight!" Poshment taunts. "Milani always has your back Grezzag, keep it up!" he says while wiping some of the orc blood off of his own face with a handkerchief.
________
My word Zimdoz, do less over there ;) Shield of Faith on Grezzag, +3 deflection bonus to AC/CMD.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Sorry, I can’t start fights with stuff loaded due to the rules of ordnances and secretion. Thankfully I get rapid reload at 6 which will help a lot. :(


Vivianne, your action


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Sorry, I misread the initiative.

Vivianne draws her blade... and then realizes she can't get forward to attack the orcs. A groan of frustration comes from her throat as she waits for an opportunity to actually get stuck into combat.


Back to Alldur


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur deftly draws a small twig from the pouch at this hip. Pointing with one hand at the bow in Birdfood's hands, Alldur snaps the twig and the weapon begins to vibrate.

Casting break on the bow. DC 15 Fort or it gains the broken condition.


Fort save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Birdfood fires at Grezzag

Longbow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 1) + 3 = 10

Longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 2) + 3 = 11

On to Zimdoz and Grezzag


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz steps off of the staircase and aims at the remaining orcs with a pellet blast

Dragon pistol left orc, pbs, good hope, scatter, ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 17
Dragon pistol right orc, pbs, good hope, scatter, ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 17
dragon pisol damage, pbs, good hope, ordnance, secretion: 1d4 + 2 + 2 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 + 7 + 4 = 16

Anyone hit: DC 16 Reflex Save to avoid entangle AND a DC 16 fort save to avoid fatigue


reflex save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

reflex save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

reflex save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15


Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


OK so two of the Orcs are entangled and two of them are fatigued.

[i]The entangled and fatigued Orcs try to break free with no effect.

The non entangled/fatigued Orc attempts to hit Grezzag

The hawks continue to ready

falchion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 = 10

[ooc]Grezzag, your action


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

shield other is down, isn't it. ouch!

Main hand attack, Power Attack, Good Hope: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23
Main Hand damage, Power Attack, Good Hope, Axe to Grind: 1d8 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 19
Off-hand attack, Power Attack, Good Hope: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 25
Off-hand damage, Power Attack, Good Hope, Axe to Grind: 1d8 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 16

Grezzag snarls as two arrows pierce deep into his flesh. Adjusting his grip, he slashes one end of his axe through the orc in front of him, then steps across and slices through the second orc with the other end.


With two mighty blows Grezzag takes out two more Orcs.

Poshment and Vivianne your actions


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Smiling slightly as the orcs fall, she quickly slips past Grezzag and Poshment, moving in with her sword forward. She doesn't go far, reaching the corner and peering around it while waiting for the rest of her party to catch up.


Poshment, what are you doing?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"Whoa there big guy, try to tuck that chin a little! We've already used the power of our marriage to keep you safe today!" Poshment encourages while he conjures positive energy and pushes it into Grezzag's wounds.
________
CSW vs Grezzag: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 3, 7) + 5 = 22 Ha! In one more level, that'll be empowered for free! :D


[ooc]Back to Alldur[/i]


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur draws his scrap of skymetal turned wand and launches another trio of force missiles towards Birdfood.

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3, 1) + 3 = 11


[/i]Bolts of force fly across the ground,striking Birdfood. Birdfood retaliates by firing at Grezag[/i]

composite longbow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 3 = 8

composite longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 4) + 3 = 12

Back to Zimdoz and Grezzag

1,201 to 1,250 of 1,801 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.