Iron Gods Campaign

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Iron Gods campaign.

Treasure list

maps

images


1,551 to 1,600 of 1,831 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Grumbling lightly as she kept trying to rub the sparkles out of her eye, she called out at Alldur. "Only person allowed to use it is Zimdoz! I don't want to get blown up by a missed shot."


On to P3

The eastern half of this room is a tangle of gray metal, strange engine parts, and rubble, all of which was subjected to great heat long ago, judging by the metal's melted and scorched surfaces. Here and there, softly glowing residues are caked onto bits and pieces of the metal.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Poshment pouts at Vivianne, but keeps his mouth shut. Miss with a gun two times and suddenly you're not allowed have fun anymore. How oppressive!

"So... What's that glowy stuff? Is it going to make us sick?" he asks, pulling a mask over his mouth and nose. "I don't like getting sick."
________
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


stealth: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (6) + 25 = 31


Poshment you do not notice anything untoward


Anyone else?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz's eyes shine when he sees the grenade launcher, and he appears to salivate, but he collects himself and nods at Vivianne "yes, it is a grave responsibility Poshment. One should not just play around with this type of munition."

Zimdoz looks around too, helping to find some traps or hidden beasties if he can.

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur eventually makes his way to Vivianne. 'Sorry about the spell, I weighed our options and thought it best.'


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne sighs and offers a shrug at Alldur. "If you thought so, then that's fine. Just... Damn, that stung."

She looks over and gives the new room a once over with Detect Evil.


Zimdoz, in one corner you spot a moving, glowing ball of light and electricity. Vivianne it does detect as evil.

Knowledge dungeoneering checks


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

dungeoneering: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24


You recognise the creature as a will o wisp. They are immune to magic and their touch attacks do electricity damage.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

"That's a will o' wisp. They're quite fast, immune to most spells, and they have an electrical charge." He cocks his dragon pistol. "They are not, however, immune to bullets."


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

”GETITGETITGETITGETITGETIT!” Poshment shouts as he throws his hands in the air.


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne blinked and drew her sword, frowning as she stares at the glowing ball. "...They're also evil, so feel free to take the shot."


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz nods, loads his pistol with a fiery tanglefoot toxic discharge and fires.

dragon pistol, ordnance, ranged touch attack, pbs: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 1 = 32
dragon pistol, pbs, tanglefoot ordnance, secretion: 1d4 + 3 + 1 + 3d6 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 + (1, 5, 3) + 4 + 4 = 22

If hit, a DC 17 reflex save or entangled, and a DC 17 fort save or dazed and fatigued


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur shrugs helplessly 'Immune to magic? I won't be much use'


Zimdoz's shot flies across the air and strikes the wisp.

reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


The wisp manages to avoid being entangled but it is dazed and fatigued

Anyone else?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

”Get him big guy, double axe attack go!” Poshnent cheers as he tries to push Grezzag towards it. Once the Half-Orc gets going, he provides an intense, if over dramatic, rendition of him swinging his brutal weapon.
________
Guidance on Grezzag! Seems like something that just needs to be wailed on, lol especially now that it is dazed XD


Grezzag moves across and tries to bash the wisp.

Orc double axe: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13


Grezzag's axe smashes into the ball of energy, damaging it severely. It is considerably damaged but still there.

Anyone else?


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur maneuvers up behind Grezzag and places a hand on his back, waving a small, crimson cloth through the air, a shimmering force surrounds the half-orc.

resistance on Grezzag, +1 to saves.


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne moves forward to engage as she sees Grezzag's axe cleave a chunk free. She lunges out with a thrust from her sword.

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 13


With Vivianne's blow the wisp explodes in a shower of sparks.

There is no loot.


Moving around to area 4

The air in this compartment is choking and stale. The dust here is inches thick-nothing has disturbed this areas in years. To the west, the wall is partially crushed and melted, leaving a five foot wide, two foot tall gap that opens into another chamber beyond. Four large coffin-shaped objects made of glass and metal sit against the walls-one to the north and three to the south. The northern pod and the central southern pod are partially broken. Each contains a skeleton clad in fragments of strange, bulky armour. The other two southern pods appear to be only slightly damaged. The air is thick with a rancid scent, like old meat gone bad.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"Yeah! The axe of death and the sword of stabbing win again!" Poshment chceers, offering high fives all around.

With his mask still on, he rubs his irritated, watering eyes. "Why is every room in here annoying?!" he whines. "Alldur, what are we looking at here?" Noticing the skeletons, Poshment keeps his holy symbol in hand, just in case.


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Rolling her eyes, she still gets a tiny smile and high fives Poshment.

Her nose crinkles up at the smell, quickly focusing to activate Detect Evil and look it over.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'Give me a minute to look them over...' Alldur begins to exaamine the pods.

detect magic and technomancy

Know(Engi}: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (12) + 24 = 36 boost from technomancy


Vivianne, there are evil spirits flitting around the room, at least you can sense them in the air.

It looks as if the pods were designed to keep their inhabitants alive, similar to a stasis effect.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'I think the idea here was that they were tanks of some kind that would preserve living creatures. They would basically be asleep, but wouldn't age or need to eat or drink or anything.'


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

She sucked air in through her teeth as she glanced around the room. "Well considering all the evil spirits in that room, I don't think it worked."


What do you want to do?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"Should we poke around?" Poshment asks as he begins doing so anyways. Unfortunately, the creepiness of the place doesn't allow him to focus on anything beyond just that!
________
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Token moved on map!


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

"Think you can channel some positive energy? See if you can clear out the spirits before we go in there?"


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz also looks around, trying to find a mechanism to capture the spirits, like a box or machine. "Spirits?? I don't see anything here. Not like those last ghost things. He squints and looks around curiously.

Zimdoz can see invisible creatures still, so let me know if the spirits are invisible.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25


Zimdoz, you can see numerous spirits flitting around, they are not invisible. It looks as if they are waiting for someone to do something before they act.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"Heeeeeeeere goes!" Poshment cheers as he hoists his holy symbol into the air, filling the room with a golden light.
________
Channel Positive (Harm Undead), DC 16: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 1) = 3 Oh my.


There is a howl of pain and the spirits seem to dissipate, at least for now.

Loot: 2 ruined space suits


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'Was that... Was that it?'


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

"Apparently? I guess they weren't very well anchored to this existence?"


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Poshment purrs a little. "The righteous might of Milani's freedom is hard to resist, I'm not surprised in the least!"

He pokes the space suits with his finger timidly. "Unless these are useful, somehow, let's see what's over here!" he suggests, hoping one of his sturdier companions is willing to take the first step through the rubble.


You step through the rubble and arrive at a door. It is closed.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz sniffs as the ghostly creatures dissipate. As usual, he checks the door for traps and locks.

Perception take 10 for 26. But only for technological and mechanical traps.


Zimdoz, you can see that the door is not trapped but it is firmly locked.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz attempts to unlock the door, taking his time to examine it.

Take 10 to unlock for a 27. If that fails, take 20 for a 37. He can unlock normal and technological locks.


The door opens. A massive black window, spiderwebbed with hundreds of cracks, graces the western wall of this chamber, half-buried under rubble and twisted metal. Curved consoles of strange controls line the walls,with three chairs made of an unidentifiable off-white material facing them. A figure dressed in red fabric of an unusually fine weave sits slumped over the console in the westernmost chair.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 2+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Poshment pokes his head over Zimdoz's shoulder and cups his hands around his mouth. "WHAT A S!@$ PLACE TO TAKE A NAP, EH?" he shouts.
________
Poshment will curiously poke around if nothing happens in response to his noise.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur begins scanning the room. 'Not where I'd prefer to.'

detect magic

1,551 to 1,600 of 1,831 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.