Iron Gods Campaign

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Iron Gods campaign.

Treasure list

maps

images


1,651 to 1,700 of 1,808 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz quickly loads his pistol with a tanglefoot ordnance, and excretion, and paper cartridge, and readies his dragon pistol to fire at the half-orc, should he come closer.

Can reload a paper cartridge as a free action and ready action to attack the half-orc if it advances to within 10 feet.

Ready Action:

Dragon pistol, ranged touch, pbs: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 1 = 17
Dragon pistol damage, pbs, ordnance, secretion: 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 3d6 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + (4, 4, 1) + 4 + 4 = 21
If hit, requires a DC 17 reflex save or be stuck to the ground and entangled, and a DC 17 Fort save or be dazed and fatigued


The cleric looks at you and says:

"You were fools to come here. Our lord and master Hellion will destroy you."

He starts to cast a spell.

I think this triggers your readied action Alldur?


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

sure does

Alldur flings his held dart at the man as soon as the other's hands begin weaving his spell. The dart transforms from simple metal dart into a missile of acid.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Acid: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

Here's hoping for a bad dex! 2 additional rounds of damage if it hits.


The cleric screams as the dart pierces his flesh and he loses his spell.

Anyone else?


From the descriptions I don't think anyone else's readied action goes off, is that right?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Looks right to me!


Nalakai initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Poshment initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Alldur initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Zimdoz initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Vivianne initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Grezzag initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Initiative order:

Block 1: Nalakai

Block 2: You guys

Nalakai charges forwards to attack Senn

spiked gauntlet: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

you can take your readied actions


What do you want to do?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Well if nobody is going to take their readied actions...

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, there ugly! I like to keep at least 30ft between me and anything that hideous!" Poshment jests as he shuffles back to give the others room to maneuver. With a quick flash of light, everyone feels emboldened in their own ability to trounce this poor fool.
________
Channel Positive to activate Beacon of Hope!


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Rolled mine already, unless Daniel wants me to take another one?


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

I mean, I could fire off a readied spell, but I didn't have another action readied.


No problem. In that case I think it is your initiative actions.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz quickly reloads another shot at the half-orc, imbuing it with dangerous fire and poison again.

Dragon pistol, ranged touch, pbs: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 1 = 22
Dragon pistol damage, pbs, ordnance, secretion: 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 3d6 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + (4, 5, 6) + 4 + 4 = 29
If hit, requires a DC 17 reflex save or be stuck to the ground and entangled, and a DC 17 Fort save or be dazed and fatigued. The half orc may have cover.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Acid sputters and sizzles from the enemy's wound.

Acid Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 One more round of damage

Alldur draws his wand and fires a salvor of missiles at the lone foe.

Magic Missilie: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) + 3 = 11


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Dodging around the punch, she drew her sword from the scabbard and swung it at Nalakai with a light growl. "What's with Hellion worshippers and attacking without warning?"

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 15


With one shot, Zomdoz drops the cleric, he dies still babbling about Hellion.

Loot: Scroll of unholy blight
Breastplate
Heavy steel shield
+1 spiked gauntlets
gray access card.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Poshment stamps his feet indignantly. "When is it my turn with that thing?" he whines at Zimdoz. "Bet you can take anything out with it!"

Feeling the coast is temporarily clear, he strides further into the compound. "Look! I haven't been maimed yet!" he says cheerily.
________
None of it will fit me :) Have at it or to the sell pile it goes!


Where are you heading to?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Just down the main hall! Up the stairs if nobody says something to him.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz coughs, clearly still unwell, ”I could loan you my gun but really, it hurts them most because of my alchemical training.” He points at the strange vials on his bandolier, ”and the potent poison that I exude and my fur. For reference you should definitely never touch my fur.” He grins a bit, then heads up the stairs to check for traps.

Take 10 to check for traps for a 24 as we go. If we engage a bad guy, gonna head to the back to hide.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur continues to scan for magical auras and technological devices as they explore.


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

Vivianne joins Alldur in becoming a scan bot, but with Detect Evil instead of magic or technology.

Vivianne could technically use the gauntlets, but doesn't really need them. Feel free to sell them.


Nothing shows up as magical or evil.[i]

Assuming you are heading to S4

[i]The north wall of this room is a tangle of ruins and debris, while in the centre of the room stand four tall pillars with glowing bands of pale purple light pulsing along their sides. In the room are two scrapyard robots.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

”Do we have a way of making them nice? Otherwise, it looks like we get to wind up our favorite robot smashing toy and watch the fun!” Poshment says as he runs to the back of Grezzag and begins spinning a large, invisible crank on the Half-Orc’s back.


Are you attacking?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

That is what Poshment is suggesting, but he isn't doing so himself and open to other opinions.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

What are the robots doing in the room? That will guide what Alldur has in mind.


The robots appear to be guarding the glowing pillars.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz, with his constitution drain, waits patiently for one of the big folks to act. "Grezzag and Vivianne should take the lead, I'm not approaching them in my state."


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'I suppose we're going to have to go through them to see what those pillars do. Unless someone wants to try talking to them?'


Is anyone trying talking?


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

She glances over at Alldur and Zimdoz for a moment before nodding and walking forward towards the robots. "Hello! Greetings! Whatever form of 'hi' you like to use. Can you tell us what you're doing?"


As Vivianne moves forwards the robots turn to face her and mutter in a strange language. They seem to be moving to bar the way.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur fishes a wand out of his belt and points it at himself and then approaches Vivianne. 'From your face, you didn't understand that either. Try again, I may be able to make it out now.'

Cast of comprehend languages


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

She blinks and nods at Alldur, before turning back to the robots. "Can you repeat yourselves now?"


"Admission to the batteries is not permitted by order of Hellion, they are under continuous monitoring and maintenance by ourselves and are required as a back up power source. We are ordered to apply extreme force if you do not desist."


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur nods 'Looks like it'll be a fight'


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

She raised a finger to Alldur before looking back at the robots. "Can you tell us what they're being used for?"


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Poshment waltzes in a small circle with an imaginary partner as the others parlay with the robots. Even with a fake partner, he manages to offend, making multiple apologies to the air as he messes up the steps.


"They are backup power for Hellion, they must be maintained for Hellion to stay powered up."


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur relays the robots words to his companions.


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

"Well alright then. I only half understand what that means, but I understand that they're important to Hellion." She draws her longsword and charges at the nearest robot, swinging at it. "And if it's important to Hellion, we can't let him have it."

Longsword Power Charge: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 31
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 14


Vivianne charges across and smashes into the nearest robot.

Vivianne initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Zimdoz initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Alldur initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Poshment initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Grezzag initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

robot initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0


Initiative order:

Block 1: You guys

Block 2: Robots

So over to you.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 70/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"Hooray!" Poshment cheers, flinging small handfuls of confetti into the air. "We're breaking Hellions stuff!" As the confetti lands on his comrades, his holy symbol glows and shores up their resolve to crush these foes.
________
Confirm that crit threat Viv! Beacon of Hope with a positive channel!


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

She brings her sword back and around, hacking at the robot with a yell.

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 15

Longsword Power Attack 2: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 - 2 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 12


Vivianne smacks the robot with her longsword, it is still there but only just.

Anyone else?


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur launches a volley of missiles at the undamaged robot.

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4, 1) + 3 + 3 = 15 Metal Rending


Alldur's bolts fly through the air, striking the robot and causing it to explode in a pile of scrap metal and sparks.

Anyone else?

1,651 to 1,700 of 1,808 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.