Iron Gods Campaign

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Iron Gods campaign.

Treasure list

maps

images


1,101 to 1,150 of 2,075 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Gnome Cleric of Milani 8 | HP: 89/89 | AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 18 CMD: 16 | F+10 R+4 W+9 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Extend 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Freedom 8/8; Channel Positive 9/9; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 4+1/4+1 3rd 4+1/4+1 4th 3+1/3+1

Poshment wakes up the next morning with a groan and a throbbing headache. Still face down on the table, he presses two fingers to his temple and the headache disappears. "Much better..." he mumbles to himself. Time for a quick bath, some fresh clothes, and some shopping! Popping up from his "bed," the Gnome strides happily out of the bar with the cleanest pitcher he can find, now full of water.

Content with his purchases thus far, he happens upon the others. Despite how sloshed he was last night, he appears before you bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Even his clothing looks fresh from the cleaners. "Good morning! To Scrapwall, eh? I'm not much of a sailor, but a trip along the river sounds much faster than a trek over land!" he reasons. Not that I'm in any rush to get there, but that is neither here nor there.
________
Figure my restorative touch ability removes enough conditions that a hangover would be easy enough to cure with it. Create water for my infinite pitchers of water. Prestidigitation to clean/press my clothes :) GM, is there a map of Numeria we can look at?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Agh, my post was eaten.

Zimdoz organizes his things and prepares to leave, cleaning and checking all of his gear thoroughly. He says his goodbyes to Leetia and Khonnir, and then meets Poshment and the others at the inn.

”No, nor am I, but it sounds like that’s the fastest way to go. Thank you all for saving Khonnir, by the way.”


Female Human Martyr Paladin 8

Vivianne thanks Khonnir for the information and joins back up with with the group, fiddling with the new longsword at her hip. "We should also check out that fort while we have the chance. I've met a few Sarenrites in my travels, and they're trustworthy."


Your journey to Aldronard's Grave is uneventful. As you arrive you can see that the fort has clearly seen better days. The damage to the central keep is clearly old but there is thick smoke rising from a building that appears to be a chapel and also from what can only be stables.

The front gate to the fort is closed by an iron portcullis.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur stops by to visit Khonnir before the part departs. 'I borrowed this. I used it a few times down below. IF you happen to investigate the structure underneath the Torch any further I'd appreciate hearing anything you learn.'


Gnome Cleric of Milani 8 | HP: 89/89 | AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 18 CMD: 16 | F+10 R+4 W+9 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Extend 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Freedom 8/8; Channel Positive 9/9; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 4+1/4+1 3rd 4+1/4+1 4th 3+1/3+1

What a miserable place. Something lives here though, that much is certain. "Well then, looks like the right place," Poshment says uncertainly while adjusting his tophat. "Shall we try to go through the front or find another way? If some sort of assistance is what we're after, I'd personally prefer a more straightforward entrance."


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

'I don't see any reason to skulk about. Sure it's a little run down, but I'm sure it's fine.'


As you approach a voice calls out, there are 2 armoured figures standing on the roof (A7). Their voices sound off

Please do not approach any further. The fort has been struck by the plague and you should continue heading upriver to avoid exposure


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

'Appears I was wrong.' Alldur cups his hands around his mouth and shouts up 'Is there anything we can do to help?'


Gnome Cleric of Milani 8 | HP: 89/89 | AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 18 CMD: 16 | F+10 R+4 W+9 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Extend 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Freedom 8/8; Channel Positive 9/9; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 4+1/4+1 3rd 4+1/4+1 4th 3+1/3+1

"Disease? Milani has blessed me with the ability to handle disease, and I am quite resistant to disease myself!" Poshment explains in support to Alldur's offer of help. Somehow, the Gnome already has a sterile face mask covering his nose and mouth. Restore power to a town on the brink and next curing the plague? I really hit it big with these guys! Building a resistance will be a piece of cake after we work our way through this and Scrapwall!


Female Human Martyr Paladin 8

Vivianne blinks in concern and shouts up at the guards. "I'm fairly good as a healer as well. If you are willing, me and my companion here could offer our aid?"


Ok, well come in, you might be able to help.

They open the portcullis

Can I have the order in which people are entering the fort/


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

In the back, as usual!


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

Grezzag steps through, eyeing the smoke.

" Guess they've been burning the bodies. Plague's not a good way to go."


The guards open the portcullis and motion for you to enter. Grezzag, Vivianne and Poshment step through. As Alldur and Zimdoz start to step through the 'guards' throw the lever of the portcullis, dropping it again. Alldur and Zimdoz can you make a reflex 12 roll please.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

reflex save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

”Hey, what’s the big idea? We were walking right there!” Zimdoz squeaks, slightly offended.


Alldur, can you make a reflex save too please


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Relflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Alldur attempts to dive forward, towards his companions.


[i]Alldur, you just manage to dodge inside, avoiding the prongs of the portcullis.

Several people have come out of the buildings.

Alldur initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

Zimdoz initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Grezzag initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Vivianne initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Poshment initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Ewhar initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Smilers initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


The ones on the buildings are on the roofs

So initiative order is

Block 1: Alldur, Poshment, Vivianne

Block 2: Smilers

Block 3: Ewhar

Block 4: Zimdoz and Grezzag.

So block 1 your actions


Gnome Cleric of Milani 8 | HP: 89/89 | AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 18 CMD: 16 | F+10 R+4 W+9 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Extend 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Freedom 8/8; Channel Positive 9/9; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 4+1/4+1 3rd 4+1/4+1 4th 3+1/3+1

"What is the meaning of this? We come to heal the sick and you box us in here like rats?" Poshment says incredulously. Suppose it was too good to be true. "Milani, allow me to add my strength to Grezzag's so that we may fight through this treachery!" In response to his plea, both of their platinum rings begin to glow.
________
Shield Other on Grezzag.


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

As the portcullis slams down, Grezzag draws his axe and looks around for any other signs of ambush.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Female Human Martyr Paladin 8

Blinking and looking back at the closed portcullis, she lets out a sigh and draws her longsword. "Gonna take a very big shot in the dark here, but you all wouldn't happen to be worshipers of someone called Helion would you?"


Ha, we don't serve that thing. Thing is our boss told us to take over here, and you're interfering, bad news for you 'cos there's only one way to deal with the likes of you - death

Block 1, your actions


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

As a free action, Zimdoz speaks up off of his turn...

Zimdoz pats his pistol, "your funeral, we've taken down bigger guys than you," smirking in a rattish way.


Grezzag, you do not see anything else, other than the people who have come out.

Alldur, what are your actions


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur's breath comes heavy as the adrenaline from dodging the portcullis courses through his veins. On instinct his skin takes on a sheen and hardens. His hand snaps to one of his new wands and he keeps an eye out for the expected attack.

activating Iron Skin and drawing my wand of magic missile


Two of the guards move down from the roof.

One of them on the ground fires at Senn, one fires at Poshment and one on Alldur

Pistol on Senn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Pistol on Poshment: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Pistol on Alldur: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

The slightly bigger guy on the ground readies a strange device

Block 4 over to you


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz moves away from the murder hole and skitters west, pulling out his mutagen and drinking it in the process.

Move and activate mutagen.


Grezzag, your action


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

Double Attack attack, 2H, Power Attack, Charge: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 = 23
Double Attack damage, 2H, Power Attack, Axe to Grind: 1d8 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 16 + 1 = 19

Grezzag nods as the ring on his finger briefly glows. He spares a suspicious glance at the man fiddling with something, but rushes across the battlefield at one of the shooters, mightily swinging his axe into him.

out of range for flagbearer! -2 to AC for 1 round due to charge, so 18/11/16


Grezzag smashes into the guard who falls immediately under his onslaught

Back to block 1


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur moves to put his back against a wall and waves his hand in a series of small, sharp circles and thrusts his hand out towards the enemy to the Southwest.

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1, 4) + 3 = 12

Iron Skin Active: AC 15 T 12 FF 13


The magic missiles fly through the air and strike the guard, he is injured but is still there.

Poshment and Vivianne, over to you


Gnome Cleric of Milani 8 | HP: 89/89 | AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 18 CMD: 16 | F+10 R+4 W+9 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Extend 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Freedom 8/8; Channel Positive 9/9; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 4+1/4+1 3rd 4+1/4+1 4th 3+1/3+1

As Grezzag departs like a bat out of hell, Poshment struggles to keep up. "Wait for me! The rings only work when we share proximity my good fellow!" he shouts as he clutches his hat while high-kneeing it after him.
________
Double Move


Female Human Martyr Paladin 8

Sighing deeply, Vivianne grips her flag tightly and charges at the gunman closest to Grezzag, intent on running him through with her sword. "You only brought this onto yourselves."

Longsword Power Charge: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 101d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 4 = 16


Vivianne charges the guard on the ground but misses.

One guard attacks Vivianne with his dagger

dagger: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

One shoots at Poshment

pistol: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

one shoots at Alldur

pistol: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

One shoots at Zimdoz

pistol: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

The big guy moves forward and attacks Grezzag

Handaxe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Block 4, over to you


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

Main hand attack, power attack, flag bearer : 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 = 11
Main hand damage, power attack, flag bearer, axe to grind : 1d8 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 1 = 16
off hand attack, power attack, flag bearer : 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 = 21
off hand damage, power attack, flag bearer, axe to grind : 1d8 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 = 12

Grezzag gives a quick look at the ring as it flickers then glows strongly again as the gnome runs up behind. "Stay close, right. You sure we ain't married now? Oof!" he grunts as the larger enemy strikes him.

Turning his attention to his attacker, he swipes at him with both ends of his double axe.


Grezzag smashes his axe into the guard

Zimdoz, what do you want to do?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

The glancing shot strikes Zimdoz in the arm, but he shakes it off, then loads a paper cartridge into his dragon pistol, and imbues it with a tanglefoot bomb. He then steps towards the closest villain, and takes a shot.

dragon pistol, pbs, mutagen, not touch AC: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 29
damage, ordnance, pbs: 1d4 + 1 + 3d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (5, 3, 5) + 4 + 1 = 21

If it hits, DC 16 reflex save or he’s glued to the ground, via tanglefoot bomb discovery


Zimdoz's shot flies up at the guard on the roof, the bullet flying straight through the creature's eye and existing at the back of his head. He falls backward dead.

Grezzag, what are you doing?


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

already hit him :)


Sorry, back to block 1


Female Human Martyr Paladin 8

Bringing her blade back, Vivianne lets out a low growl and swings it at the man infront of her.

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 2 = 171d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 = 11


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur points his wand at the same guardsman and lets fly with another 3 missiles of magical energy.

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 1) + 3 = 8

All three on the same target

Iron Skin Active: AC 15 T 12 FF 13


Vivianne's sword smashes into the guard, he flinches but still stands.

Alldur's missiles strike another guardsman and he falls.

Poshment, what are you doing?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 8 | HP: 89/89 | AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 18 CMD: 16 | F+10 R+4 W+9 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Extend 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Freedom 8/8; Channel Positive 9/9; Spells: 1st 5+1/5+1 2nd 4+1/4+1 3rd 4+1/4+1 4th 3+1/3+1

Seeing Grezzag handidly cut down the foes around him, Poshment turns his attention to the foe in the tower by the gate. He wreathes his arm in flames and slings a portion of it at him.
________
Produce Flame (Touch) vs Guy in the Tower: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
We are wrapping this up quite well! Using Produce Flame SLA.


The flames hit the guard on the tower and he falls back dead.

The remaining guard attacks Vivianne.

dagger: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The big guy attacks Grezzag

Handaxe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

handaxe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

On to block 4


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz moves over with the rest of the party, as quickly as he can.

Double move adjacent to Poshment, because I can’t get there and attack easily. Can’t move on my phone, sorry!

1,101 to 1,150 of 2,075 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.