Horde of the Dragon Queen by hiiamtom (Inactive)

Game Master hiiamtom

A modified Hoard of the Dragon Queen starting at level 3.


551 to 600 of 1,006 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Human Fighter (Soldier)/2; HP: 16/21; AC: 16 (17 Dual Wielding);Init:+2; Passive Perception 12; SW 1/1; AS 0/1

Round 1, Dual Wielder

Conner returns the attack on the rider.

LS Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
LS Dam: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Flail Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Flail Dam: 1d8 + 3 + 1d10 ⇒ (8) + 3 + (1) = 12


Init +2 | AC 15 | HP 35/35 | Saves: S+3/D+2/C+3/I-1/W+1/C+0 | Raging : [1/2 damage except psychic, +2 damage] | Rages : [2/3] | Percp. +3

Round 1

Amber grits her teeth, but uses the pain to fuel her oncoming RAGE!

Raging Reckless Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Damage: 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

2nd: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Init +3 | AC 16(13) | HP 26/26 | Saves: S+2/D+3/C+4/I+3/W+0/C-1 | Perc +2 | 2Wind: [X] | Surge: [X] | ArcRec: [ ] | Spells: 1st (1/2) | Insp: [ ]

Less like "rage" and more like "flailing tantrum", eh? ;)


Init +2 | AC 15 | HP 35/35 | Saves: S+3/D+2/C+3/I-1/W+1/C+0 | Raging : [1/2 damage except psychic, +2 damage] | Rages : [2/3] | Percp. +3

Eh, I can't explode people's heads all the time.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Enforcer Devil Dog 2: HP:28/28, AC:17, FF:15, T:12, Init:8, Fort:9, Ref:2, Will:0, Perc:5, Mettle:4/4

I ray of frost another rider hit: 5 + 1d20 ⇒ 5 + (3) = 8 dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Blows are exchanged in a frenzy.

Larissa brings her blade across the injured kobold, cutting a smooth slice across its thigh and the back of its mount. The kobold bleed out quickly as it slumps in the saddle.

Aemon's cut comes down across the chest of the kobold and stops on the back of its mount, causing it to twist with a dying yelp as the kobold falls from the saddle.

Conner catches a kobold bowing down in the back of the neck carrying his sword down into its mount and leaving the rider headless; his follow up strike with the mace crushing the lower back of the kobold which falls to the ground holding its stomach before falling silent.

Amber, blinded by rage, swing too high missing the kobold entirely. Jazz tries to assist with a ray of frost but the kobold sidesteps before he finishes the incantation forcing it to narrowly miss the rider.

The remaining riders rally with their mounts to attack again, before all the mounts and riders withdraw 30ft away. They disengage with their mounts.

Aemon:
Kobold Dagger Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18, Kobold Advantage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Dagger Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

6 slashing damage

Amber:
Kobold Dagger Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10, Kobold Advantage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Dagger Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

2 slashing damage. You raged against the cultsists by the tunnel, the other drakes, and now - this is your last rage.

Conner:
Kobold Dagger Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23, Kobold Advantage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Dagger Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

5 slashing damage

Larissa:
Kobold Dagger Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23, Kobold Advantage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Dagger Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

3 slashing damage

Updated Turn Order:
Turn Order:
  • Jazz
  • 4 Riders
  • Aemon, Amber, Conner, & Larissa
  • 4 Riderless drakes
DM Notes:
Aemon 2/24HP - 0/3 inspiration - 4/4 1st level, 0/2 2nd level
Amber 24/35HP - 0/3 rages
Conner 12/28HP - 0/1 second wind, 0/1 action surge
Jazz 23/23HP - 2/3 sorcery points - 4/4 1st level, 1/2 2nd level
Larissa 11/26HP - 1/1 second wind, 1/1 action surge, 0/1 Arcane Recovery - 1/2 1st level

Kobold 1 - Dead
Kobold 2
Kobold 3 - Dead
Kobold 4
Kobold 5 - Dead
Kobold 6 - Dead
Kobold 7
Kobold 8

Mounted Drakes:
Ambush Drake 2
Ambush Drake 4
Ambush Drake 7
Ambush Drake 8

Riderless Drakes:
Ambush Drake 1 - 5 damage taken
Ambush Drake 3 - 2 damage taken
Ambush Drake 5 - 3 damage taken
Ambush Drake 6 - 7 damage taken

The kobolds with mounts are in a 2 x 2 square 25ft or 30ft from Aemon, Amber, Conner, and Larissa who are in a line in the street. The drakes without riders are all engaged with those four: #1 with Larissa, #3 with Aemon, #5 & #6 with Conner. Jazz is 15ft behind the melee and 50ft and 55ft away from the riders.

Everyone may act!


Init +3 | AC 16(13) | HP 26/26 | Saves: S+2/D+3/C+4/I+3/W+0/C-1 | Perc +2 | 2Wind: [X] | Surge: [X] | ArcRec: [ ] | Spells: 1st (1/2) | Insp: [ ]

Larissa attempts to fell the drake attacking her:

Longblade: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19, Slashing Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Init +4 | AC 15 | HP 24/24 | Saves: S+0/D+5/C+2/I+0/W+0/C+5 | spell DC 13 | Bardic Insp: [2] | Percp. +4

Weak and losing blood Aemon flees down the road, past Jazz, seeking to loose the drake attacking him. Withdraw action


Human Fighter (Soldier)/2; HP: 16/21; AC: 16 (17 Dual Wielding);Init:+2; Passive Perception 12; SW 1/1; AS 0/1

Round 2, Dual Wielder

Conner returns the attack on the Rider that hit him.

LS Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
LS Dam: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Flail Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Flail Dam: 1d8 + 3 + 1d10 ⇒ (8) + 3 + (7) = 18


Conner, the riders have all disengaged and you are still engaged with a drake - do you want to attack the drake instead?


Human Fighter (Soldier)/2; HP: 16/21; AC: 16 (17 Dual Wielding);Init:+2; Passive Perception 12; SW 1/1; AS 0/1

Yes, please...sorry - did not catch that.


December 26th Update

Amber charges in and goes for another reckless attack.
unless there's any left nearby, going for those farther off

Reckless attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 damage: 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Reckless attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Init +2 | AC 15 | HP 35/35 | Saves: S+3/D+2/C+3/I-1/W+1/C+0 | Raging : [1/2 damage except psychic, +2 damage] | Rages : [2/3] | Percp. +3

FFFFFFFFFFFFFCK


Just waiting on Jazz.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Enforcer Devil Dog 2: HP:28/28, AC:17, FF:15, T:12, Init:8, Fort:9, Ref:2, Will:0, Perc:5, Mettle:4/4

will ray of frost a rider hit: 5 + 1d20 ⇒ 5 + (19) = 24 dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 5


From behind the group, another blue beam lances out - this time striking the face of a rider and forcing the kobold to fall to the ground dead frost covering its right eye.

Aemon hops a few steps back gracefully, while Larissa wounds the drake in front of her with a flick of her wrist. Conner cuts a wound in the shoulder of a drake and caves the other's head in. Amber rushes to the final drake facing Conner and cleaves the beast into two distinct front and rear halves.

The kobolds remaining shift in their saddles nervously.

Morale: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6

The three riders break ranks, retreating into the side alleys at full speed - each into a different street.

DM Notes:
Aemon 2/24HP - 0/3 inspiration - 4/4 1st level, 0/2 2nd level
Amber 24/35HP - 0/3 rages
Conner 12/28HP - 0/1 second wind, 0/1 action surge
Jazz 23/23HP - 2/3 sorcery points - 4/4 1st level, 1/2 2nd level
Larissa 11/26HP - 1/1 second wind, 1/1 action surge, 0/1 Arcane Recovery - 1/2 1st level

Kobold 1 - Dead
Kobold 2 - Dead
Kobold 3 - Dead
Kobold 5 - Dead
Kobold 6 - Dead

Retreating Creatures:
Kobold/Green Drake 4
Kobold/Green Drake 7
Kobold/Green Drake 8

Riderless Drakes:
Green Drake 1 - 13 damage taken
Green Drake 2
Green Drake 3 - 2 damage taken
Green Drake 5 - 33 damage taken
Green Drake 6 - 25 daamge taken

Aemon, Amber, Conner, and Larissa may act!


Init +3 | AC 16(13) | HP 26/26 | Saves: S+2/D+3/C+4/I+3/W+0/C-1 | Perc +2 | 2Wind: [X] | Surge: [X] | ArcRec: [ ] | Spells: 1st (1/2) | Insp: [ ]

"Don't let them report to anyone!" Larissa calls out as she chases one of them and throws fire at it. Because I'm assuming they have more movement than me. So I'll pursue 30ft, and then cast fire bolt.

Fire Bolt: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11, Fire Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 10

I, uh, don't suppose their fear makes them any easier to hit, does it? >.>


Just noticed my notes failed to mention Green Drake #5 and #6 are dead.


Init +2 | AC 15 | HP 35/35 | Saves: S+3/D+2/C+3/I-1/W+1/C+0 | Raging : [1/2 damage except psychic, +2 damage] | Rages : [2/3] | Percp. +3

"Oh no you don't!"

Amber gives chase as fast as she can, and slams her weapon into one of the rider's steed if possible.

Reckless Raging Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Damage: 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
2nd: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Init +4 | AC 15 | HP 24/24 | Saves: S+0/D+5/C+2/I+0/W+0/C+5 | spell DC 13 | Bardic Insp: [2] | Percp. +4

Aemon removes one of the healing poitions from his back and quickly consumes it.

Healing: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 2 = 6


Human Fighter (Soldier)/2; HP: 16/21; AC: 16 (17 Dual Wielding);Init:+2; Passive Perception 12; SW 1/1; AS 0/1

Round 3, Dual Wielder

Conner attacks the nearest enemy.

I have lost track of riderless drakes and koboods still alive, as well as thier proximity.

LS Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
LS Dam: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Flail Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Flail Dam: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Crap! I didn't see you guys updated this!

Conner leaps forward, crushing the hindquarters of the drake near Larissa. It can no longer move or attack, but doesn't die immediately.

Amber strikes the drake that was near Aemon, taking a chunk of scales and ridges from its back as it yelps loudly - and now it's pissed.

Larissa is free to dash forward and launch a bolt of arcane fire at a retreating kobold only for the kobold to change direction slightly as it rides causing the bolt to sail harmlessly over it's shoulder.

Aemon recovers his stamina, and sees a green drake pounce at Amber for wounding it.

Green Drake Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14, Green Drake Advantage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Bite Damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 1) + 1 = 5

2 piercing damage.

The green drake standing where the kobolds retreated from seems briefly confused without its rider.

DM Notes:
Aemon 2/24HP - 0/3 inspiration - 4/4 1st level, 0/2 2nd level
Amber 22/35HP - 0/3 rages - raging
Conner 12/28HP - 0/1 second wind, 0/1 action surge
Jazz 23/23HP - 2/3 sorcery points - 4/4 1st level, 1/2 2nd level
Larissa 11/26HP - 1/1 second wind, 1/1 action surge, 0/1 Arcane Recovery - 1/2 1st level

Retreating Creatures:
Kobold/Green Drake 4
Kobold/Green Drake 7
Kobold/Green Drake 8

Riderless Drakes:
Green Drake 1 - 22 damage taken - dead
Green Drake 2
Green Drake 3 - 14 damage taken


Green Drake #2 is standing 10ft from Larissa; both are 30ft away from Amber and Conner and 45ft away from Jazz and 60ft from Aemon. Green Drake #3 is engaged with Amber, though Conner is just outside of reach. Jazz is 15ft behind Conner and Amber, and Aemon is 15ft behind Jazz.

The retreating kobolds are 60ft from Larissa, 90ft from Conner and Amber, 105ft from Jazz, and 120ft from Aemon. With the curvature of the wall and all the sidestreets, Jazz is the last chance to stop them from running away.

Jazz may act!


Moving this along, assuming Jazz tries his hardest.

A fainted luminescent mist swirls around Jazz as he suddenly appears in front of Conner and Amber avoiding the drakes with his misty step and dashing forward a little further to launch a viscous blob of acid towards the kobolds.

Kobold 4 Dexterity Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Kobold 7 Dexterity Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Acid Splash Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Though the spell attack seems only to irritate the fleeing kobolds, who turn to sling stones back at the party.

Kobold 4 Weapon Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17, Kobold 4 Disadvantage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
1d5 ⇒ 4 -> Amber, Hit
Sling Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5/2 = 2 bludgeoning damage

Kobold 7 Weapon Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21, Kobold 7 Disadvantage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
1d5 ⇒ 3 -> Conner, Miss

Kobold 8 Weapon Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14, Kobold 8 Disadvantage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
1d5 ⇒ 4 -> Amber, Miss

They spur their mounts and scatter into the alleyways, each in a different direction - but none toward the temple.

DM Notes:
Aemon 2/24HP - 0/3 inspiration - 4/4 1st level, 0/2 2nd level
Amber 20/35HP - 0/3 rages - raging
Conner 12/28HP - 0/1 second wind, 0/1 action surge
Jazz 23/23HP - 2/3 sorcery points - 4/4 1st level, 0/2 2nd level
Larissa 11/26HP - 1/1 second wind, 1/1 action surge, 0/1 Arcane Recovery - 1/2 1st level

Escaped Creatures:
Kobold/Green Drake 4 - 1 damage taken
Kobold/Green Drake 7
Kobold/Green Drake 8

Riderless Drakes:
Green Drake 1 - 22 damage taken - dead
Green Drake 2
Green Drake 3 - 14 damage taken

Green Drake #2 is standing 10ft from Larissa. Jazz is 15ft behind both. Larissa and the drake are both 30ft away from Amber and Conner, and Amber and Conner are 15ft behind Jazz and 30ft in front of Aemon. Green Drake #3 is engaged with Amber, though Conner is just outside of reach. This is there relative position on a line:

Drake 2, Larissa --15ft--> Jazz --15ft--> Amber, Conner, Drake #3 --30ft-->

The kobolds have moved an additional 60ft away from the group, Larissa is the closest to any of them at 120ft behind. If would require a Wisdom (Survival) check to track them or at least a Wisdom (Perception) check to determine the direction to give chase.

Amber, Conner, and Larissa may act!


Init +3 | AC 16(13) | HP 26/26 | Saves: S+2/D+3/C+4/I+3/W+0/C-1 | Perc +2 | 2Wind: [X] | Surge: [X] | ArcRec: [ ] | Spells: 1st (1/2) | Insp: [ ]

Larissa scowls, but hopes that the fleeing kobolds won't bring anyone back until later. She then turns and tries to finish off the drake next to her.

Longblade: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8, Slashing Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Human Fighter (Soldier)/2; HP: 16/21; AC: 16 (17 Dual Wielding);Init:+2; Passive Perception 12; SW 1/1; AS 0/1

Round 4, Dual Wielder

Conner slides forward and swings both weapons at the Drake (#3).

LS Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
LS Dam: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Flail Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Flail Dam: 1d8 + 3 + 1d10 ⇒ (8) + 3 + (5) = 16


Init +4 | AC 15 | HP 24/24 | Saves: S+0/D+5/C+2/I+0/W+0/C+5 | spell DC 13 | Bardic Insp: [2] | Percp. +4

I think I get to act also if not ignore or use when it is my turn

Reinvigorated as the potion courses through his body Aemon rushes toward the closest drake, striking at it with his blade.

Scimitar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


For some reason, Aemon got cut from both the little diagram and the instruction to act. I'm not sure how, obviously not my fault. I blame the forum :p


Init +2 | AC 15 | HP 35/35 | Saves: S+3/D+2/C+3/I-1/W+1/C+0 | Raging : [1/2 damage except psychic, +2 damage] | Rages : [2/3] | Percp. +3

Amber grits her teeth and tries to beat down her drake.

Reckless Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Damage: 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
2nd: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Aemon comes to Amber's aide, only to miss entirely drawing the creature's attention. Amber's takes the opportunity to relieve the creature of it's head with her axe.

Conner sprints to Larissa's aid while she struggles to land a telling blow on the hard scales of the drake, and while his longsword strikes he overextends on his flail attack an only strikes the hardened clay street throwing the head of the flail off.

The final drake lashes out against Conner for wounding it.

Drake Melee Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Conner or Larissa gets an opportunity attack, first to post gets the attack.

DM Notes:
Aemon 2/24HP - 0/3 inspiration - 4/4 1st level, 0/2 2nd level
Amber 22/35HP - 0/3 rages - raging
Conner 12/28HP - 0/1 second wind, 0/1 action surge
Jazz 23/23HP - 2/3 sorcery points - 4/4 1st level, 0/2 2nd level
Larissa 11/26HP - 1/1 second wind, 1/1 action surge, 0/1 Arcane Recovery - 1/2 1st level

Escaped Creatures:
Kobold/Green Drake 4 - 1 damage taken
Kobold/Green Drake 7
Kobold/Green Drake 8

Riderless Drakes:
Green Drake 2 - 6 damage taken
Green Drake 3 - 28 damage taken - dead


Drake 2, Conner, Larissa --15ft--> Jazz --15ft--> Aemon, Amber

Everyone may act, there is next to no hope of ever catching those kobolds.


Human Fighter (Soldier)/2; HP: 16/21; AC: 16 (17 Dual Wielding);Init:+2; Passive Perception 12; SW 1/1; AS 0/1

Opportunity Attack

LS Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
LS Dam: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Flail Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Flail Dam: 1d8 + 3 + 1d10 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (4) = 8


The longsword attack hits, but you can only take bonus actions on your turn... which coincidentally it's your turn. You can make 1 more longsword attack.


Human Fighter (Soldier)/2; HP: 16/21; AC: 16 (17 Dual Wielding);Init:+2; Passive Perception 12; SW 1/1; AS 0/1

LS Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
LS Dam: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Crap!


Init +2 | AC 15 | HP 35/35 | Saves: S+3/D+2/C+3/I-1/W+1/C+0 | Raging : [1/2 damage except psychic, +2 damage] | Rages : [2/3] | Percp. +3

Amber goes to help Conner with his foe.

Reckless Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Damage: 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
2nd: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Init +4 | AC 15 | HP 24/24 | Saves: S+0/D+5/C+2/I+0/W+0/C+5 | spell DC 13 | Bardic Insp: [2] | Percp. +4

Aemon rushes after Amber and trusts his scimitar at the drake.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Sovereign Court

Male Human Enforcer Devil Dog 2: HP:28/28, AC:17, FF:15, T:12, Init:8, Fort:9, Ref:2, Will:0, Perc:5, Mettle:4/4

ray of frost a drake. hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 8 cold


Init +3 | AC 16(13) | HP 26/26 | Saves: S+2/D+3/C+4/I+3/W+0/C-1 | Perc +2 | 2Wind: [X] | Surge: [X] | ArcRec: [ ] | Spells: 1st (1/2) | Insp: [ ]

Longblade vs Drake: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25, Slashing Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Crit damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6
Total of 18 damage. Woo!


After a series of misses from Conner, Amber, and Jazz Aemon and Larissa use a quick combination of slashes to finish off the drake.

What do you do?


Init +2 | AC 15 | HP 35/35 | Saves: S+3/D+2/C+3/I-1/W+1/C+0 | Raging : [1/2 damage except psychic, +2 damage] | Rages : [2/3] | Percp. +3

"Time for the gate?" Amber seethes, trying to keep her rage going so she could keep its beneficial effect?


Human Fighter (Soldier)/2; HP: 16/21; AC: 16 (17 Dual Wielding);Init:+2; Passive Perception 12; SW 1/1; AS 0/1

Right, let's move.

Conner cleans his blade an resets the head of the flail before checking his armor and moving forward with a nod..


Are you running for the front gate?


Human Fighter (Soldier)/2; HP: 16/21; AC: 16 (17 Dual Wielding);Init:+2; Passive Perception 12; SW 1/1; AS 0/1

I thought we were going to sneak everyone out the back once we cleared the drakes?


That's what I thought, I just wanted to confirm.

???: 1d20 ⇒ 1 Well...

There is a thundering cracking noise that echoes around the stone walls of the relatively quiet buildings and temple grounds. Standing on the outside of the temple wall, you all instinctively turn to the sound and hear a high pitched cheer call out from humans and kobolds.

It appears the batter ram has broken down the front door to the temple! What do you do?


Human Fighter (Soldier)/2; HP: 16/21; AC: 16 (17 Dual Wielding);Init:+2; Passive Perception 12; SW 1/1; AS 0/1

i guess we are needed up front afterall.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Enforcer Devil Dog 2: HP:28/28, AC:17, FF:15, T:12, Init:8, Fort:9, Ref:2, Will:0, Perc:5, Mettle:4/4

agreed


Init +3 | AC 16(13) | HP 26/26 | Saves: S+2/D+3/C+4/I+3/W+0/C-1 | Perc +2 | 2Wind: [X] | Surge: [X] | ArcRec: [ ] | Spells: 1st (1/2) | Insp: [ ]

Yep, looks like that ended up getting decided by the dice. ;)


Init +4 | AC 15 | HP 24/24 | Saves: S+0/D+5/C+2/I+0/W+0/C+5 | spell DC 13 | Bardic Insp: [2] | Percp. +4

Aemon hears the thunderous crash and has the foreboding of something awful, "I think we aught to head to the the front of the temple." With little hesitation he starts off in the most direct route.


Sorry! I've been out of town and didn't think it would take me down all weekend!


Init +4 | AC 15 | HP 24/24 | Saves: S+0/D+5/C+2/I+0/W+0/C+5 | spell DC 13 | Bardic Insp: [2] | Percp. +4

No worries weekends are always slow with posting :)


Init +2 | AC 15 | HP 35/35 | Saves: S+3/D+2/C+3/I-1/W+1/C+0 | Raging : [1/2 damage except psychic, +2 damage] | Rages : [2/3] | Percp. +3

"Lets go!" Amber says as she hurries to the gate, maybe stubbing her toe so she keeps her rage going?


Let me establish a simple map of the situation.

You are on the western edge of the temple grounds, outside the wall. The wall extends north for 60 feet, and then east for 30 feet before it opens into the front gate to the grounds. The front door to the temple is 20 feet past the gate, and the temple is about 65ft deep.

The temple's western wall is 20 feet from the wall surrounding the grounds. You are mid-way along the temple's length, it would be 40 feet to the front of the temple due north from the western wall, and 15 feet to the front door. It is 25ft to the rear of the temple, and it is another 25ft feet to the rear door. The back of the temple is still obscured by smoke.

This leaves a few options for movement.

Option 1, risk-free movement. Travel along the wall through the front gate. It requires a total of 110ft of movement to reach the front door of the temple, though you would have a good view of the front of the temple (and possibly inside) after 90ft.

Option 2, over the wall. You have to climb over the wall (Strength(Athletics) unless you can figure out a different way). The wall is 10ft high.

Option 2a, front. It would require 60ft of movement beyond the wall to reach the front door, but you would get a good view after 45ft.

Option 2b, back. It would require 55ft of movement beyond the wall to the rear door, but the door is still locked. There is a broken window 15ft above the door.

Option 3, literally anything else. Come up with a different plan and act on it!

@Amber: I will allow you to deal 1HP damage and keep your rage going for up to 5 more rounds but it would require your action to keep up the damage, or it would require someone else using their action to slap or kick you dealing 1HP + Strength modifier damage.

551 to 600 of 1,006 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / hiiamtom's Hoard of the Dragon Queen - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.