GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


6,451 to 6,500 of 10,988 << first < prev | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | next > last >>

Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Arrrrrrggghhhhhhh

The dwarf stands silently, gazing at the flame.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 3

Pent finds himself standing in front of a large crowd, the breeze working its way through the new hairs on his chin and marbles. He stands naked, save for the metal collar around his neck, which fits under the jaw, and keeps him from dropping his head into downward gaze. He looks across the sea of faces, hoping to see compassion. All he manages to find is contempt, or cold calculation, or amusement, or a mixture of any of the three. His heart clenches in his chest, as he waits.

Shadowy figures to his left and right continue to depart, as their chains pull them down the stairs of the wooden platform, and away to their new lives as owned slaves. No longer unclaimed, unwanted. After a time, he begins to long for the same fate. Free from the whip, free of the chains. Free from the monotony of waiting.

This is the first time he sees It. The vitality of being a young gnome, beginning to fade. He's heard of the Bleaching, but he's never seen It on anyone, let alone himself. He tries to remember what is required of him, to maintain, regain himself. It is the first time he speaks to the gods, pleads with them to pinch his cheeks, ruddy his chest, unsallow his eyes, restore his light. He begins and ends each day, praying for a way to Stay. He uses different voices some times. Other times, he acts out his prayers. Other times, he sings. Variations on a theme, as he schemes to bring meaning to an otherwise meaningless existence.

This is the first time he hears Her Voice. How sweet the sound. In it, the promise of a life lived to its fullest, richest, most robust. The Conversation begins, and with it, the Bleaching departs. His skin becomes tanner, his eyes brighter, and his step livelier. When She finishes words with him, he brings words to those still with him on the block.

Now, when he looks on the faces, he only sees candles unlit. Her Light, yet to shine behind dead eyes. And he shudders in the anticipation of igniting them all...

The gnome continues to drool, but the corner of his mouth slowly upturns in a half-smile, while his left leg twitches.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi wheels about. His tactical brain did the best he could to protect his allies; he has very few other options remaining to him to try and fix the situation, and now his anger is taking over.

"OH, YOU DON'T GET TO LEAVE!" he spits at the invisible half-elf, and runs back along the bridge towards her, dropping his staff with a clatter on the wood as he runs at her, his bare hands reaching to grab her. "I'll pull you back into the flames MYSELF."

We're going to be REALLY stupid now. If she threatens, she gets an attack of opportunity on me. Going for a grapple.

Grapple: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Maps: Travel

As Ami and Yeen move toward the axe wielder again, he let's loose a gesture and series of words. The two strike away at the man, but their attacks are hampered by something. Protected the man moves away quickly, leaving the room.

Detect Magic, Ami:
The man cast a spell.

Mahdi tackles the half-elf, who yelps in surprise. Unaware that the wizard could really see her.

The creature pops up from the water, having moved under the bridge, where the water must have protected it from the fire.

#1 eye ray, touch @ Half-elf: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
#2 eye ray, touch @ Mahdi: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

DC 19 Fortitude, Mahdi & half-elf. Fail?:
Stunned 2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 rounds.

Pent is in the cone, but I'm guessing no save for the stun?

Round 4: All PCs now acting.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 5, Initiative: 3

Status:
HP: 59/74, AC: 19 (F18/T14) (+3 from Barkskin not included)
Weapon Equipped: None
Conditions: Barkskin +3 (18/140m), Bless (19/70r), Stunned (5/6r), Resist Energy, fire (20) (5/??r)
GreatSword Attack BAB +7/+2, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -2) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +6 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 1/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 2/3 (Swift, +2 attack, +7 damage, +2 AC)
Lay on Hands: 5/5 (Swift, 3d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2
Spells (caster level 4, concentration +6, DC 12+)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 48/48 AC: 18 (F16/T12)
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +3 CMB: 6 CMD: 18 Move: 40’
Conditions: None
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +3, Str +3 Damage Str +4 (1.5x)

Aldebert continues to watch without moving. He wills his sword into his hand, but not being that powerful, must stand… and wait.

Stun 5/6


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

....wait, there's a cone attack? If this creature has a cone attack, it doesn't need to actually roll attack rolls, and my wall of fire would have been a completely useless and pointless tactic.. and I'd probably not have done it, but... whatever. Cones are Area of Effect, like my fireballs.... and can be aimed through opaque barriers. If it's doing something else that's not a cone, that needs to target people, it can't target invisible people, so the half-elf shouldn't be targeted anyway.

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Mahdi is stunned. His arms go slack around the half-elf.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
GM Lareg wrote:
As Ami and Yeen move toward the axe wielder again, he let's loose a gesture and series of words. The two strike away at the man, but their attacks are hampered by something. Protected the man moves away quickly, leaving the room.

@GM Lareg:
Sorry, having a hard time parsing what happened here. He cast an instant spell that negated both the 28 to hit and 32 to hit without a save? Should be spellcraft to ID, right? Then he withdrew...which direction? He would have had to go through Ami/Yeen's square to go that way, the other door is closed...so back through the north door? The table is hindering terrain? Or did he go the long away around?

If he's just meant to get away so Ami should go back to help his friends, that's fine too, but this current action is confusing.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Oops. I'm in round four not round five. Just plug fours into the fives in my post. Sorry for any confusion. :)


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

The armored dwarf stands still, gazing at the flames.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Fortitude Save v DC 19: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Somehow, the listless body of the gnome resists the magics seeking to stun him, almost as if his sub-unconscious was offended at the very act of attempted insult to injury. The reflexive muscles in his forearm, the arm usually shoots up during blissful blessings of Sarah Herself, twitch heavily enough to cause his middle digit to shoot out, and unconsciously flick off the orb.


Maps: Travel

@Ami, Will SV (DC 14). The AP was unclear on the way the NPC was using a spell. Only just now realized there was a save. Axe wielder readied an action to cast a spell if Ami / Yeen attacked. Further specifics on the spell can be gained with a spellcraft check. Rushed post, so I've put the DC and such below. The duo attacked. There is a door to the south of where the three were fighting, which was revealed on roll20. Map isn't so helpful as it shows all the doors 'closed.'

Spellcraft (DC 16):
Axe wielder cast sanctuary.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19 Will Save (Ami,MCPfE)
1d20 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + 4 = 17 Will Save (Yeen,MCPfE,Friend to Animals)

Ami and Yeen both battle through the weak ass magics offered by the Rough Beast.

Yeen did a bit of damage and if the man cast then fled, he would have provoked if he's not down, yes? Also, only single move action after casting, should be visible still? I ask because Ami/Yeen move at 40' and can surely catch up to armored goon.


Maps: Travel

Although the duo are unable to grab the man as he tries to escape, their attacks stop him in his tracks. This time it is clear he will not be getting back up.

Thanks for the clarification. Didn't realize the cone attack was separate. The stat block only lists the eye rays and claws. The cone is listed under the eye rays so I just assumed it was connected to the eye rays.

Round 5: Ami is up.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 5, Init 9

Ami and Yeen coup de grace the axe jerk, Yeen ripping out the man's throat while Ami pats him on the neck. He is one proud little halfing.

Moving back to the fight next round. Should be fun.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 24; Yeen: 20+3+4=27 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 45/45; Yeen: 54/54

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+9+2[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,flank)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+11+2+2[/dice] to hit; (bite.DF,Flank)
[ dice]1d6+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+11+2+2[/dice] to hit; (bite.DF,Flank)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+11+2+2[/dice] to hit; (bite.DF,Flank)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 2/7 used (DF*2)
Lvl 2: 3/7 used (barkskin*3)
Lvl 3: 1/5 used (MCPfE10, SM3)
Extend Rod: 2/3 used

Yeen.: Mage Armor,DF,Barkskin,SoF,MCPfE10
Ami:


Maps: Travel

Ami and Yeen part the man's head from his neck. Meanwhile, the eye like creature moves back toward Otah and Aldebert, working to ensure its prey don't emerge before it can move closer.

DC 19 Fortitude, Aldebert & Otah. Fail?:
Stunned: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 rounds.

Round 6: All PCs now acting.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 5, Initiative: 3

Status:
HP: 59/74, AC: 19 (F18/T14) (+3 from Barkskin not included)
Weapon Equipped: None
Conditions: Barkskin +3 (18/140m), Bless (19/70r), Stunned (1/7r), Resist Energy, fire (20) (5/??r)
GreatSword Attack BAB +7/+2, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -2) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +6 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 1/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 2/3 (Swift, +2 attack, +7 damage, +2 AC)
Lay on Hands: 5/5 (Swift, 3d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2
Spells (caster level 4, concentration +6, DC 12+)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 48/48 AC: 18 (F16/T12)
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +3 CMB: 6 CMD: 18 Move: 40’
Conditions: None
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +3, Str +3 Damage Str +4 (1.5x)

Aldebert continues to watch without moving. He wills his sword into his hand, but not being that powerful, must stand… and wait.

Suddenly, the beast focuses his ire upon him again, and he tries to resist the great eye.
Fort: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 vs DC 19

...and so the clock resets... Good luck boys! I'm out.

Stun 1/7


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 6, Init 9

Sensing a bit too much silence, Ami and Yeen move back to the team.

Double moved.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 24; Yeen: 20+3+4=27 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 45/45; Yeen: 54/54

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+9+2[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,flank)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+11+2+2[/dice] to hit; (bite.DF,Flank)
[ dice]1d6+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+11+2+2[/dice] to hit; (bite.DF,Flank)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+11+2+2[/dice] to hit; (bite.DF,Flank)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 2/7 used (DF*2)
Lvl 2: 3/7 used (barkskin*3)
Lvl 3: 1/5 used (MCPfE10, SM3)
Extend Rod: 2/3 used

Yeen.: Mage Armor,DF,Barkskin,SoF,MCPfE10
Ami:


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Fortitude Save, hardy: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 = 24

The dwarf doesn't sense the impending danger, ignoring it's effects as he stares into the fire.

Stunned 4/6


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 6

Pent watches as the shoe manages to work its way up the sandy shore to his blanket. It's an old-looking thing, salt-stained, draggled shoelace, and a sole that isn't firmly attached underneath. When it begins to talk, it's the sole that represents the shoe's mouthy movements.

"What a beach, eh? Been combing this bend for the better part of a week, and you're the first living soul I've seen."

"'Soul'. I get it. That's funny, for a shoe. You do know you're a shoe, don't you?"

"Why wouldn't I know? Didn't have a choice in the matter. Didn't review my options, and say to my Creator I wanted to manifest in this world as an animate form of an inanimate object, let alone only one of what's supposed to be a pair."

"Oh. I'm sorry. For your loss, I mean. You lost your right. You look like what's left. Seeing as you'd fit on my..."

"Ho, ho. Haven't heard that one before. No. Really. I haven't heard that, because you're the first voice I've heard, other than my own, and I wouldn't have thought of it like that. You're a witty one, aren't you? But you're just as lucky as I am, seeing as how you've got no one, too." A shoelace points up and down the beach, punctuating the point.

"True enough. Don't really know where I am. Do you?"

"No, I don't, so I keep scuffing, hoping to find my sole-mate. Can't imagine I'd have washed up here all by myself."

"You need help looking? Got nothing better to do, myself. Might be, we find him faster, together, eh? Which way you want to go?"

"Well, this part of the beach, the water hasn't washed away my tracks, so let's go where the sands are untouched, so we don't go over old ground. I feel like a heel asking, but could you pick me up? We'd go a lot faster on your feet."

Pent nods, picking up the beaten shoe, and begins to wander the beach. They carry on conversation, speaking about a great many things. The diversity of cheese, the Shoemaker's Paradox, Lowercase love versus uppercase love. It keeps them occupied well into the endless day, when, finally, the other shoe drops. From a tree.

"How on earth did you get up there?! I've been looking all up and down this beach, but I'd never have thought to look up!"

"Well, like you, I didn't have a choice. Something with wings snatched me up, carried me a ways, then tried me out for food. Dropped me straightaway when my leather proved unappetizing. I let my lace hold me up top, until I saw you two come into view."

"Well now, don't you two make a beautiful pair. Now what're you going to do?"

"Oh, well now, you're putting us on."

"I am not! I meant it. You are a nice pair of shoes, if lippier than a common slipper."

"No, no, no. That's not what I meant. We want you to put us on. The sand is heating up, and your feet will start to burn. It's what gives us meaning. Shoe are meant to be worn. It's our purpose. A shoe without a foot is a sad, sad thing, indeed."

"Oh. Hadn't thought of it like that. Wouldn't want to deny you purpose in this life. Alright then, let's have a go."

Pent sits down on his bony ass, and makes quick work of donning the pair. His toes protrude through the bottoms, giving the pair the appearance of buck teeth.

"There. That'll do nicely. Can hardly feel the heat now. Thank you for your service."

The shoes fail to answer him, but Pent doesn't pay that any worry. He begins to walk the beach, and waits. For a sign, maybe. Or maybe just a pair of socks.


Maps: Travel

The creature closes on Aldebert, clattering away with its claws. It barely manages to fit its claws around the armored halfling.

1st claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24, dmg: 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (4, 4) + 1 = 9
2nd claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 (miss)

CMB, grab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Rround 7: All PCs now acting. @Otah, double check your stun count, I think you may be UP this round.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 7, Initiative: 3

Status:
HP: 50/74, AC: 19 (F18/T14) (+3 from Barkskin not included, -2 from stun not included, -1 dex from stun not included)
Weapon Equipped: None
Conditions: Barkskin +3 (18/140m), Bless (20/70r), Stunned (2/7r), Resist Energy, fire (20) (6/??r)
GreatSword Attack BAB +7/+2, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -2) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +6 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 1/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 2/3 (Swift, +2 attack, +7 damage, +2 AC)
Lay on Hands: 5/5 (Swift, 3d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2
Spells (caster level 4, concentration +6, DC 12+)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 48/48 AC: 18 (F16/T12)
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +3 CMB: 6 CMD: 18 Move: 40’
Conditions: None
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +3, Str +3 Damage Str +4 (1.5x)

Aldebert feels the sting of the claws against his skin through his armor. My blood flows quickly enough - why can’t I shake this!

GM Lareg - I am grappled, he's got my CMD even without the stunning penalties. That means he also has the grappled condition if he maintains the grapple.

Stun 2/7


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 7, Init 9

Ami and Yeen double move back. Ami is feeling quite pleased with himself.

"Brrrooo-THER! I killed the axe jerk. He was totally...HEY!" Ami pauses in mid brag when he espies the WhateverThePiddlespotThatIs. "Brother, whatcha doing? Being a statue? Are we playing the statue game!?"

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 24; Yeen: 20+3+4=27 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 45/45; Yeen: 54/54

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+9+2[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,flank)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+11+2+2[/dice] to hit; (bite.DF,Flank)
[ dice]1d6+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+11+2+2[/dice] to hit; (bite.DF,Flank)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+11+2+2[/dice] to hit; (bite.DF,Flank)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 2/7 used (DF*2)
Lvl 2: 3/7 used (barkskin*3)
Lvl 3: 1/5 used (MCPfE10, SM3)
Extend Rod: 2/3 used

Yeen.: Mage Armor,DF,Barkskin,SoF,MCPfE10
Ami:


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

You're right! Stunned on 1, act on 7.

Otah snaps out of his stupor. "Ughh... damn thing." Still a little hazy, he stops looking at the flames long enough to pick up his warhammer. As he turns to face Aldebert, he notices the beast's extremities and follows them to their source. He stumbles forward with a swing of his hammer and bounces back from force of it's impact.

Warhammer, Two-handed, moving (lunge): 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 1 = 23
for: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10

Move to pickup weapon (provokes if he threatens while grappling and has reach), lunge single attack

"He's not playing little one. This thing... freezes people."


Maps: Travel

The creature is struck solidly by Otah, but keeps it's hold on Aldebert, squeezing as it does. Then one of its eye stalks looks toward Otah.

Constrict @ Aldebert: 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 2) + 1 = 4

DC 19 Fortitude, Otah. Fail?:

Stunned: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 rounds.

Round 8: All PCs now acting.

Initiative
Water creature (AC 16) Init 20
Axe Wielder (AC 24) Init 16
Otah Init 16
Mahdi Init 15
Ami Init 9
Pent Init 6 (unconscious)
Aldebert Init 3 (-4 hp)

GM:
E HP: 67/85


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 8, Init 9

"NO!" Ami and Yeen race to protect their pack-brother (and real brother). Ami casts briefly before allowing Yeen to move in with tooth and claw. Recast Divine Favor.

Yeen:
1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 2 = 24 to hit; (bite,DF)
1d6 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 = 16 damage.
1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 2 = 24 CMB grab

Yeen's teeth might have even latched onto the creature.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 24; Yeen: 20+3+4=27 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 45/45; Yeen: 54/54

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+9+2[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,flank)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+11+2+2[/dice] to hit; (bite.DF,Flank)
[ dice]1d6+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+11+2+2[/dice] to hit; (bite.DF,Flank)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+11+2+2[/dice] to hit; (bite.DF,Flank)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 3/7 used (DF*3)
Lvl 2: 3/7 used (barkskin*3)
Lvl 3: 1/5 used (MCPfE10, SM3)
Extend Rod: 2/3 used

Yeen.: Mage Armor,DF,Barkskin,SoF,MCPfE10
Ami:


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 8, Initiative: 3

Status:
HP: 50/74, AC: 19 (F18/T14) (+3 from Barkskin not included, -2 from stun not included, -1 dex from stun not included)
Weapon Equipped: None, Greatsword at my feet
Conditions: Barkskin +3 (18/140m), Bless (21/70r), Stunned (3/7r), Resist Energy, fire (20) (7/??r)
GreatSword Attack BAB +7/+2, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -2) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +6 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 1/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 2/3 (Swift, +2 attack, +7 damage, +2 AC)
Lay on Hands: 5/5 (Swift, 3d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2
Spells (caster level 4, concentration +6, DC 12+)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 48/48 AC: 18 (F16/T12)
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +3 CMB: 6 CMD: 18 Move: 40’
Conditions: None
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +3, Str +3 Damage Str +4 (1.5x)

As the creature begins to squeeze, Aldebert starts to worry for the first time. Will I shake this before he shakes me?, he wonders. He tries to put together a more coherent thought, and a plan, but his addled brain won’t function properly and he lapses into a stunned silence, with a little drooling to go with the blood oozing from his injuries.

Stun 3/7


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 8, Init 6

The gnome's stomach rumbles.


Maps: Travel

Awaiting Otah's action. Will check in again early in the morning if I can.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Fortitude Save, hardy: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 19

Otah stares at the eye briefly, and manages to shake off it's withering gaze.

Sliding to a spot behind the battle-cat, he rests his palm onto Ami's shoulder for leverage and jumps to strike at the beast, his warhammer arm barely clearing Ami's head.

Warhammer, Two-handed, moving, lunge: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 1 = 19
for: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Warhammer, Two-handed, iterative, moving, lunge: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 1 = 23
for: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Maps: Travel

Both Otah and Ami lash into the creature, it's body beginning to show signs of significant damage. Yeen grips the creature with sharp teeth, making a bundle of maw and claws with the creature and Aldebert. The creature continues to squeeze away as it's stalks eye those surrounding it.

Constrict @ Aldebert: 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2) + 1 = 6

DC 19 Fortitude, Otah, Yeen, & Ami. Fail?:
Stunned: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5rounds.

Round 9: PCs now acting.

GM:
E HP: 32/85


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 9, Init 9

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 Fort (+2 more if evil)
1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 4 = 21 Fort (+2 more if evil)

Yeen continues to tear into the beast, using his back legs to rake flesh even as claw and bite rip tentacle and eyeball.

Ami:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 to hit;
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 damage.

Yeen:
1d20 + 11 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 2 + 5 = 36 CMB maintain grab

1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 2 = 28 to hit; (bite,DF)
1d6 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 = 16 damage.

1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 2 = 14 to hit; (claw,DF)
1d4 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 = 11 damage.

1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 2 = 26 to hit; (claw,DF)
1d4 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 = 11 damage.

1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 2 = 22 to hit; (rake,DF)
1d4 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 12 damage.

1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 2 = 33 to hit; (rake,DF)
1d4 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 12 damage.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 24; Yeen: 20+3+4=27 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 45/45; Yeen: 54/54

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+9+2[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,flank)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+11+2+2[/dice] to hit; (bite.DF,Flank)
[ dice]1d6+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+11+2+2[/dice] to hit; (bite.DF,Flank)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+11+2+2[/dice] to hit; (bite.DF,Flank)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 2/7 used (DF*2)
Lvl 2: 3/7 used (barkskin*3)
Lvl 3: 1/5 used (MCPfE10, SM3)
Extend Rod: 2/3 used

Yeen.: Mage Armor,DF,Barkskin,SoF,MCPfE10
Ami:


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 9, Initiative: 3

Status:
HP: 44/74, AC: 19 (F18/T14) (+3 from Barkskin not included, -2 from stun not included, -1 dex from stun not included)
Weapon Equipped: None, Greatsword at my feet
Conditions: Barkskin +3 (18/140m), Bless (22/70r), Stunned (4/7r), Resist Energy, fire (20) (7/??r)
GreatSword Attack BAB +7/+2, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -2) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +6 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 1/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 2/3 (Swift, +2 attack, +7 damage, +2 AC)
Lay on Hands: 5/5 (Swift, 3d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2
Spells (caster level 4, concentration +6, DC 12+)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 48/48 AC: 18 (F16/T12)
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +3 CMB: 6 CMD: 18 Move: 40’
Conditions: None
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +3, Str +3 Damage Str +4 (1.5x)

Through his haze, Aldebert sees his brother ride in and begin to pummel the beast. He’d grin, but he can’t manage the movement, so he teeters joyfully instead.

Stun 4/7


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Fortitude, hardy: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23

"Stop staring at me you dumb beast!" the dwarf growls as he again manages to shake the effects of it's eye stalk's gaze.

Warhammer, Two-handed, Lunge: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
for: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Warhammer, Two-handed, Lunge, iterative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
for: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 9

The stomach rumble is revealed to be portent for an unconscious poot.


Maps: Travel

The creature slumps to the ground under the continued onslaught of the trio of claws, hammer, and sling. The claws around Aldebert loosen, no longer causing wounds, but still loosely containing the halfling.

Combat is over.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami jumps off Yeen to check on his brother, while Yeen continues to rip and tear at the beast. Ami wants to proudly watch his cat wildly flail the beast back and forth, but instead goes to check on his brother.

"Brother? Brother!? Are you okay?" Ami asks, casting Stabilize. "Brother, I think the gnome is dead! He smells really bad."

Holding his breath, he goes to check on the gnome.

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19 Heal - gnome


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Status:
HP: 61/74, AC: 19 (F18/T14) (+3 from Barkskin not included)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Conditions: Barkskin +3 (18/140m), Bless (32/70r), Resist Energy, fire (20) (7/??r)
GreatSword Attack BAB +7/+2, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -2) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +6 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 1/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 2/3 (Swift, +2 attack, +7 damage, +2 AC)
Lay on Hands: 4/5 (Swift, 3d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2
Spells (caster level 4, concentration +6, DC 12+)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 48/48 AC: 18 (F16/T12)
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +3 CMB: 6 CMD: 18 Move: 40’
Conditions: None
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +3, Str +3 Damage Str +4 (1.5x)

Amiamble Piddlespot wrote:
"Brother? Brother!? Are you okay?" Ami asks, casting Stabilize. "Brother, I think the gnome is dead! He smells really bad."

After a few moments, Aldebert slowly regains his faculties. He looks at his brother as he comes out of it and picks up his sword. ”Are there any other foes?” Seeing none, he relaxes and looks around.

He touches himself briefly.
Lay on Hands: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 5, 3) = 17 (swift)

”Wow, that was horrible.” He too examines Pent over his brother’s shoulder.
Heal: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2 to aid his brother’s examination

Unsure, for now, what to do, he waits for his brother's appraisal of the situation. He looks for the wizard who most likely saved their lives...

”Mahdi, are you OK?”


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

I may have missed it; what's currently going on with elf lady?


Maps: Travel

Elf lady was taken out by Mahdi. May not have made that clear.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

I did? How'd I manage that? I grappled her (dealing no damage) and then I was stunned the next round (which would have ended the grapple) before anything else could happen. So in what sense is she 'taken out'? Is she present and conscious? Unconscious and dying? Dead? She's still Mahdi's first priority as our best lead on finding Rayhan, as she seemed to be a higher-up than just the mere thugs-- so his immediate course of action now that we're out of combat will depend on the situation with her.


Maps: Travel

@Mahdi. That's right. I must have marked one to many NPCs. Half-elf is currently stunned and will come to at the same time Mahdi does. Mahdi comes too finding her struggling to escape his grasp. Roll for grapple.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Are we still in rounds? Any result from Ami's Heal check?

Ami waits for his brother to rise and is surprised when he does so.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah turns as the eye-beast falls and the cat begins to tear it apart. "What the hell was that?"


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

To maintain grapple: 1d20 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 5 = 26 If successful, escalate to pinned

Mahdi's body suddenly becomes unstuck as the eye-creature's power wears off. He also suddenly has an armful of equally-unfrozen invisible elf woman, once more-- invisible to everyone else, at least; he himself still has his spell functioning to see her.

Rather than answer Aldebert's polite question as to his welfare Mahdi does what looks-- to anybody else-- like very complicated mime in midair, as he struggles to keep his arms locked around the elf woman.

"I SAID, YOU'RE NOT GETTING AWAY!" he hisses, and wraps both arms around the slender, invisible woman. Panting, Mahdi manages to yell at the others, "I'm still holding onto that gods-cursed elf!! She's invisible! I could use a hand!!!"


Maps: Travel

@Ami, Not sure what you're looking for on the heal check, Aldebert healed himself. Thoughts?

The half-elf doesn't struggle, but continues to mumble. "He knows. He'll kill us all. He knows. He'll kill us all."

No longer proceeding in rounds as combat is over. Roll20 updated.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

<Pent waves unconsciously> Ami is running a Heal check on the gnome to understand if he lies dead, or could use help being restored to consciousness, is my guess.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert steps up and helps Mahdi with the invisible half-elf. He produces some rope... ah, he digs around in his pack for a bit of twine, rope, manacles, something.

Frustrated, he looks up to Mahdi, "Uh." and then he turns to the group, "Does anyone have any rope to bind this babbling lunatic who attacked us? Mahdi needs to question him, and I'm sure he'd be more comfortable doing it without hugging him the whole time."

Aldebert offers to take over the pin so Mahdi can get free. If Mahdi agrees, Aldebert grabs the man and holds on until something can be found to bind him.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
Pent Arotha wrote:
<Pent waves unconsciously> Ami is running a Heal check on the gnome to understand if he lies dead, or could use help being restored to consciousness, is my guess.

+1

Ami continues to see what he can do for the gnome, but right now plugs his nose and holds his breath trying waft away what he assumes is post-mortem-fartifications.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi wheezes his thanks as the others help subdue the enemy. "I know you can't see her, but my dance partner here is a she. Believe me, it's rather apparent to me given our current proximity."

He lets the others take her into their rather stronger hands. "Let's just take your spell component pouch, shall we? Normally I'd apologize to a lady for this treatment, but you're not really qualifying as such to me at the moment."

Mahdi has no rope but I do have string! Hopefully someone has rope.

"She'll become visible eventually," Mahdi says, wheezing a little as he lets go. He is not use to having to get so physical.

"What's going on with Pent?" he asks, rubbing at his shoulder and sitting down in the middle of the bridge to catch his breath.

(If that monster's ability that got Pent works how I think it does, you might want to check duration on it, Lareg, but I could be wrong! Mostly making an educated guess.)

The surrendered caster's muttered words make him roll his eyes. "And I am very, very likely to kill you here and now if you don't cooperate. The arithmetic is rather simple: refuse to help us find an innocent man, die here; alternately, cooperate, help us, and be let go to survive as best you can. One of these options has a one-hundred-percent chance that you die. The other has an unknown chance, which is still mathematically more in your favor than the first. If you're an intelligent woman you should be able to come to that conclusion on your own.

"Before every god watching, I've never met such fanatically devoted thugs before as I have in this complex tonight. You'd think you would all have slightly more self-preservation."


Maps: Travel

Shortly after Mahdi hands over the invisible half-elf she becomes visible. Her babbling does not change. She seems to increasingly panic, nearly unaware of the new set of hands binding her.

Pent:
You begin to feel your limbs as if they are rocks that someone is helping you lift. Just as you feel yourself about to moan with pain, you realize the ability to move has returned. Other than the sore spots where you hit the ground you feel more or less yourself.

6,451 to 6,500 of 10,988 << first < prev | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.