GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


6,701 to 6,750 of 10,988 << first < prev | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | next > last >>

Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 1, Initiative: 3

Status:
HP: 81/84, AC: 19 (F18/T14) (+3 from Barkskin not included)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Conditions: Barkskin +3 (55/140m), Bless (1/70r)
GreatSword Attack BAB +8/+3, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 0/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 1/3 (Swift, +4 attack, +8 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 6/8 (Swift, 4d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Pearl of Power (first) 1/2
Spells (caster level 5, concentration +9, DC 14+)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 55/55 AC: 18 (F16/T12)
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +5 CMB: 8 CMD: 20 Move: 40’
Conditions: None
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +5, Str +3 Damage Str +4 (1.5x)

Will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 vs DC 19 (immune to fear, disease, charm)(+4 fear, charm w/in 10’)

The screatching of the jackels is annoying, but when the man speaks he finds a new ever more annoying register. Aldebert can’t explain it. the voice is just grating. He delays to see what is said back to Pent.

Delay. Mostly just wanted to get the save out of the way.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 1, Init 10

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 will (Ami)
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 will (Yeen)

Ami and Yeen spin, surprised by the wrong doors opening. Once they see the foe, they charge, answering words with tooth and claw.

Ami:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 aid to hit vs. DC10;

Yeen:

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 21 to hit; (bite,charge,DF,+aid)
1d6 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 = 16 magic damage.

1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 2 = 24 CMB (grab,DF)

*grumble*

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 24; Yeen: 20+3+4=27 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 51/51; Yeen: 63/63

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+9+2[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,flank)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.
Ami:
[ dice]1d20+11[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff,ranged)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+12+2+2[/dice] to hit; (bite.DF,Flank)
[ dice]1d6+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+12+2+2[/dice] to hit; (claw.DF,Flank)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+12+2+2[/dice] to hit; (claw.DF,Flank)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 3/7 used (DF*3)
Lvl 2: 3/7 used (barkskin*3)
Lvl 3: 1/5 used (MCPfE10, SM3)
Lvl 4: 0/4 used ( )
Extend Rod: 2/3 used

Yeen.: Mage Armor,DF,Barkskin,SoF,MCPfE10
Ami:


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 vs DC 19

Sorry, forgot Gretiem's save. Need to know what a failed save means before I can act.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent rolls his eyes moments before he raspberries. "For the Love of Sarah, can we just talk here for a moment?!" Pent looks at Mahdi, shaking his head.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

The figure seems amused by the charging cat as it quickly moves forward. Like water, the figure seems to shift around the attack. Unhurried, it nods knowingly.

Round Two: Mahdi now acting.

Init Track
Mahdi Init 30
Figure Init 24 AC 24
Ami w/ Yeen 10
Otah 9
Pent 7
Aldebert 3

Failed saves have no noticeable impact. Those that made the save feel as if someone is trying and failing to listen to their inner thoughts.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 1, Initiative: 3 - part two

Status:
HP: 81/84, AC: 19 (F18/T14) (+3 from Barkskin not included)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Conditions: Barkskin +3 (55/140m), Bless (1/70r)
GreatSword Attack BAB +8/+3, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 0/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 1/3 (Swift, +4 attack, +8 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 6/8 (Swift, 4d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Pearl of Power (first) 1/2
Spells (caster level 5, concentration +9, DC 14+)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 55/55 AC: 18 (F16/T12)
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +5 CMB: 8 CMD: 20 Move: 40’
Conditions: None
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +5, Str +3 Damage Str +4 (1.5x)

Aldebert follows his brother and closes with the little man (double move) in round one.

Gretiem is thinking, I wonder how that creature is going to taste? Salty I expect. in case anyone is listening.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi snorts briefly at Pent's scarf question, then looks grim.

"As a rule I'm not inclined with things that call me a 'fleshy fool'," he says shortly. "Whatever this fellow is, I don't think he's worth chatting with, Pent."

He steps into the room and lets loose with the blast of fire he had been priming.

Fire jet damage on Mr Robes: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

As always, DC 18 Reflex save for half and not-on-fire. If failed, take additional 1d6 ⇒ 6 fire damage at start of next turn. Also, I'm assuming based on the description that we can't possibly do knowledge checks as to what this creature may be, since the robes hide everything, but correct me if I'm wrong. Also-also, if the creature at any point casts actual spells Mahdi would want to try and figure out what they are so here's a spellcraft check preemptively.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Ref Sv, evasion: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22

The figure moves among the flames with an innate agility that seems to keep even the heat of the fire away. The energy of the figure's movement flows into a series of attacks with blade, hand, and mouth toward Aldebert. As the figure moves its hands and open mouth, yellow fabric shifts revealing thick clawed fingers and a hideous tentacled and spidery mouth. Once the figure's hideous maw penetrates Aldebert's armor, his body twists and deforms.

Mahdi:
Feel free to roll knowledge. It's clear the figure is not not like any humanoid among your party.

dagger: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28, dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
dagger: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29, dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
dagger: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 (miss) and
claw: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36, dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
bite: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23, dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2, plus disrupt flesh (Dex drain): 1d6 ⇒ 3

Round Two: All PCs now acting.

Init Track
Mahdi Init 30
Figure Init 24 AC 24
Ami w/ Yeen 10
Otah 9
Pent 7
Aldebert 3, -12 hp; 3 Dex drain.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 2, Initiative: 3

Status:
HP: 69/84, AC: 19 (F18/T14) Not included: +3 from Barkskin, -1 from dex loss, +4 vs cloaked creature
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Conditions: Barkskin +3 (56/140m), Bless (2/70r), -3 dex, smiting cloaked creature
GreatSword Attack BAB +8/+3, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 0/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 0/3 (Swift, +4 attack, +8 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 6/8 (Swift, 4d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Pearl of Power (first) 1/2
Spells (caster level 5, concentration +9, DC 14+)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 55/55 AC: 18 (F16/T12)
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +5 CMB: 8 CMD: 20 Move: 40’
Conditions: None
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +5, Str +3 Damage Str +4 (1.5x)

No save vs that Dex drain? Bummer!

Surprised at the ferocity of his foe and the drain to his maneuverability, Aldebert Smites Evil (swift) upon his opponent. I’ll assume he’s evil, but let me know if that is incorrect.

He shifts (5' step into flank - if he can) and attacks back with all his might after wheeling Gretiem into the battle.
Gretiem Bite: 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 3 = 26 (bless, flank) damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 6) + 4 = 15

Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 7 = 27 (smite, bless, flank) damage: 1d10 + 13 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 8 = 22 (smite)
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 4 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 7 = 21 (smite, bless, flank) damage: 1d10 + 13 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 8 = 31 (smite)

(-2 from all attack rolls if he can't step into the square he's in currently. Just let me know.)

He worries when he only hits once, though Gretiem gets a bite in there too, and considers attacking without power attack next round. He weighs his options.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

No save. Smite sticks.

Bite and one sword swing hit solidly. The figure is surprised, but invites it with a beckoning wave of its clawed hand. " Whatever happens here will serve my ends. Can you say the same?"

Round Two: All PCs now acting.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 2, Init 7

Status:

AC = 13
HP[/b ] = 47/47
[b]Weapon Equipped
= +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = None

Pent watches as the singular creature spars with the halfs. He also watches as it deftly avoids Mahdi's flames. No small feat. Looking over at Otah, he can only guess that he'll have as much luck. He grabs his beads, and brings one of them to bear upon the current situation. Cast Bless

Scarfer wrote:
"Whatever happens here will serve my ends. Can you say the same?"

"To be honest, no we can't. We have been beat up plenty today, and it looks like you're fixing to stack on the plenty. You said you wanted to defeat the Jackal, and those two animal riders would say the same thing. Me, I only want to free Rayhan, who is likely imprisoned down here. You figure we're here to negotiate, state your terms."


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 2, Init 10

Ami urges Yeen on, pushing the cat to attack the creature attacking his brother.

"Brother!" Ami shouts warning as the creature attacks and attacks again.

Ami:
1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 1 = 28 to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 damage.

1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15 to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 damage.

Yeen:
1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 27 to hit; (bite,DF,bless)
1d6 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 = 16 damage.
1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 14 + 1 = 25 CMB to grab

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 21 to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
1d4 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 = 13 damage.

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 27 to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
1d4 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 12 damage.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 24; Yeen: 20+3+4=27 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 51/51; Yeen: 63/63

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+4+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+12+2+1[/dice] to hit; (bite,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d6+8+2[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+14+1[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+12+2+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+12+2+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 3/7 used (DF*3)
Lvl 2: 3/7 used (barkskin*3)
Lvl 3: 1/5 used (MCPfE10, SM3)
Lvl 4: 0/4 used ( )
Extend Rod: 2/3 used

Yeen.: Mage Armor,DF,Barkskin,SoF,MCPfE10
Ami:


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

The figure looks skeptically in Pent's direction as Ami and Yeen press the attack. The duo land with sling, teeth, and claw. "You may be the only one interested in talking. I'm a bit occupied here to elaborate on my terms."

Round Two: Otah now acting.

Init Track
Mahdi Init 30
Figure Init 24 AC 24, -72 hp.
Ami w/ Yeen 10
Otah 9
Pent 7
Aldebert 3, -12 hp; 3 Dex drain.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"Fair enough. When you all have tired each other out, we'll be ready to talk, or at least you can elaborate, and we can pontificate." Pent keeps his crossbow lowered, watching the cat play with the mice.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah, stunned by the nature of the foe, and it's agility, studies it's methods while attacking the halflings before charging forward, overextending his axe at the end of his movement.

+1 Greataxe, Two-handed, charge, moved, lunge, Bless: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 33
for: 1d12 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6
AC -2 for the round for lunge


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

The figure nods knowingly as Otah joins the fray, connecting but not cutting too deeply.

Round Three: Mahdi now acting.

Init Track
Mahdi Init 30
Figure Init 24 AC 24, -78 hp.
Ami w/ Yeen 10
Otah 9
Pent 7
Aldebert 3, -12 hp; 3 Dex drain.

GM:
-78 hp, +10 hp


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Looking grim at the complete lack of effect of his flames, Mahdi thinks for a moment.

I don't know what knowledge category is applicable, so...

Knowledge ?: 1d20 ⇒ 6

+16 Arcana
+13 Dungeoneering
+13 Local
+12 Nature
+16 Planes
+12 Religion

Will take action after I know whatever I may or may not get off that roll


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Madhi, Knowledge (planes):
The figure is an outsider who appears to be from another plane. Poison, cold, and electricity will not harm it as you expect. It seems only its dexterity protects it from fire.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"Some sort of extra-planar creature," Mahdi growls. "Don't bother with ice or lightning..."

Noting Pent just standing there, he snorts. "What exactly makes you think this horror from beyond the world just wants a nice chat, Pent? Where he talked about tricking us into breaking our own minds, called us fleshy fools, or spoke of 'visceral pursuits' which I can only assume mean ripping us limb from limb or warping our very flesh as it is currently doing to Aldebert?"

Limited on options as he currently is, Mahdi repositions, then lets loose another blast of flame.

Reflex DC 18 for half: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Next round if failed save: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Ref Sv, evasion: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25

The figure mockingly frowns at Mahdi as again it shifts around the flame unharmed. It shifts its focus onto Yeen. Swiftly sharp blade bloodies fur and claw greets limb. Otherworldly teeth, however do not find purchase.

dagger: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22, dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
dagger: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30, dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
dagger: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23, dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
claw: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36, dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
bite: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19, (miss)

Aldebert, Yeen, and Otah:
Wounds you know were quite seriously look less severe suddenly.

Round 3: All PCs now acting.

Init Track
Mahdi Init 30
Figure Init 24 AC 24, -78 hp.
Ami w/ Yeen 10, -18 hp (Yeen)
Otah 9
Pent 7
Aldebert 3, -12 hp; 3 Dex drain.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

GM Lareg: 1) If Yeen's bite last round hit, did his grapple of 25 also land? 2) Yeen's AC is 27 (updated in the spoiler bar for barkskin & mage armor). 11 damage.

Ami looks at the planar creature and tries to make up his own mind about it.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 Know (Planes)


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Did I miss mage armor? Saw barkskin with Aldebert. EDIT: Yeen did not beat the figures CMD. Ami is able to confirm that the creature is from another plane.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 3, Init 7

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 47/47
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Bless

Mahdi wrote:
"What exactly makes you think this horror from beyond the world just wants a nice chat, Pent? Where he talked about tricking us into breaking our own minds, called us fleshy fools, or spoke of 'visceral pursuits' which I can only assume mean ripping us limb from limb or warping our very flesh as it is currently doing to Aldebert?"

Pent snorts back. "I'm not stupid. They've already received Sarah's Blessing, for their unwillingness to speak first. This one started with words, Mahdi. It would have still been talking, had they not pitter-pattered over and started swinging on it, as is their wont. You need to learn the whole 'let 'em talk, give something away' thing. It's too busy fighting to get busy spiting the jackal. He talked about two tasks, both impossible. He knows about Kakishon, that might be one of the tasks, since it's impossible to talk to the halfs. There's another task the jack was about, but we can't hear that over the clashing and clacking, the slashing and wacking. Oh, and if you somehow manage to kill the Thing from Beyond, you won't know what else it had to discuss." Pent double-snorts.

Knowledge(Planes): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Looking the strange thing over, Pent continues to blab. "They're persistent in seeing obstacles overcome, and you're looking more and more like one, with the way you play with them. Can you show them some sign of pacificiticationability?"

Pent at least readies an action, if he hasn't spent the entire time speaking his mind, in case the creature decides to move about the room, attacking even the sensible ones.

Readied Attack, if Attacked: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
GM Lareg wrote:
Ami is able to confirm that the creature is from another plane.

Follow up question: is Ami able to determine if it's the same weird plane as the gnome? ;) Also, Yeen has 8 hours of daily Mage Armor from Mahdi.

Round 3, Init 10

Ami urges Yeen on, now attacking with flank.

Ami:
1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 15 to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 damage.

1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 10 to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 damage.

Yeen:
1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 25 to hit; (bite,DF,bless)
1d6 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 = 14 damage.
1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 1 = 21 CMB to grab

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 37 to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
1d4 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 = 11 damage.

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 30 to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
1d4 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 = 11 damage.

Confirm crit?
1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 36 to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
1d4 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 = 14 damage.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 24; Yeen: 20+3+4=27 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 51/51; Yeen: 52/63

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+4+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee,bless)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+12+2+1[/dice] to hit; (bite,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d6+8+2[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+14+1[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+12+2+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+12+2+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,DF,bless)
[ dice]1d4+8+2[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 3/7 used (DF*3)
Lvl 2: 3/7 used (barkskin*3)
Lvl 3: 1/5 used (MCPfE10, SM3)
Lvl 4: 0/4 used ( )
Extend Rod: 2/3 used

Yeen.: Mage Armor,DF,Barkskin,SoF,MCPfE10
Ami:


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

A reminder that mage armor has been cast at the beginning of the day would be greatly appreciated. Or even a permanent note in the status. I'm recalling the pearl of power for said purpose. Not sure how to handle the required component, but open to suggestions. What Ami was able to learn was included in an edit of the previous post.

After a series of misses, Yeen seems inspired to make up for Ami. The feline bites into the figure fiercely. Blood flows freely, but the teeth and claw cannot seem to keep hold of the shifting body beneath the robes.

Round 3: All PCs now acting

Init Track
Mahdi Init 30
Figure Init 24 AC 24, -78 hp. -50 hp.
Ami w/ Yeen 10, -11 hp (Yeen)
Otah 9
Pent 7
Aldebert 3, -12 hp; 3 Dex drain.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 3, Initiative: 3

Status:
HP: 80/84, AC: 19 (F18/T14) Not included: +3 from Barkskin, -1 from dex loss, +4 vs cloaked creature
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Conditions: Barkskin +3 (56/140m), Bless (3/70r), -3 dex, smiting cloaked creature
GreatSword Attack BAB +8/+3, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 0/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 0/3 (Swift, +4 attack, +8 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 5/8 (Swift, 4d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Pearl of Power (first) 1/2
Spells (caster level 5, concentration +9, DC 14+)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 55/55 AC: 18 (F16/T12)
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +5 CMB: 8 CMD: 20 Move: 40’
Conditions: None
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +5, Str +3 Damage Str +4 (1.5x)

”Pay attention to me you lout! Not my brothers poor cat. That’s just evil!”

He attacks back with all his might after wheeling Gretiem into the battle.
Gretiem Bite: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 = 21 (bless) damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10

Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 5 = 16 (smite, bless) damage: 1d10 + 13 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 13 + 8 = 23 (smite)
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 5 = 25 (smite, bless) damage: 1d10 + 13 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 8 = 25 (smite)

In the end, frustrated, he heals himself a little.
Lay on Hands: 5d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 5, 2) = 11 (swift)


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

"Hey, is this guy healing while he twirls about so?" the dwarf calls out, as the damage from his axe blade seems to have left not as big a bite as expected.

+1 Greataxe, Two-handed, moved, Bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 1 + 1 = 30 for damage: 1d12 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9
+1 Greataxe, Iterative, Two-handed, moved, Bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 13 for damage: 1d12 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

In a blur of sword and axe swings the figure falls. As it does so its robes seem to empty. What is left on the ground is cloth, a blade held moments ago, and the the figures other belongings.

Combat is over. Will get the specifics of what is found among the clothing later today.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent considers throwing down his crossbow in frustration, but spends several moments explaining to his crossbow that it was never going to happen, truth be told, and he's uncomfortable discussing it in present company, for their role in creating the frustration in the first place.

As it becomes apparent that there is no body to pick over, Pent looks to Mahdi for an explanation. "Why's there no body? Were we fighting an illusion? Did it escape somehow? You'd think there'd be more broken bone and bloodied stone for the fight. He was no... 'fleshy fool'... was he?" Pent considers poking the fire mage in the lower back side, but reconsiders it, much for the same reasons he didn't throw his crossbow to the ground.

He turns back to Aldebert. "Your half-blood brought the conflict to a head, and now we're the worse for it, since we've learned nothing of the creature's intent, nor the jackal's role in negotiating with said creature. You seemed to handle it easy enough, which makes it seem too easy, by half. It walked these halls, behind a locked door, which means it likely knew more of this facility than we do. You could have talked, then killed, and for that, I'm disappointed in you. Lead on, in ignorance. Whatever happens next, it could have been better illuminated with words. But you cut that short. No words on our side that stuck, no words from its side, plucked from whatever mind it had to engage all of us, one on five, to such an end."


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Status:
HP: 80/84, AC: 19 (F18/T14) Not included: +3 from Barkskin
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Conditions: Barkskin +3 (56/140m), -1 dex
GreatSword Attack BAB +8/+3, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +3 (1.5x), Magic +1, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x))
Summon Mount: 0/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 0/3 (Swift, +4 attack, +8 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 5/8 (Swift, 4d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Pearl of Power (first) 1/2
Spells (caster level 5, concentration +9, DC 14+)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Timely Inspiration
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 55/55 AC: 18 (F16/T12)
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +5 CMB: 8 CMD: 20 Move: 40’
Conditions: None
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +5, Str +3 Damage Str +4 (1.5x)

Aldebert, sweaty from the effort, and still injured looks at Pent as he rants. He sighs.

"Pent, he started with hostility, not us. Or do you forget his spell casting already? Further, my powers worked upon him - he was most decidedly evil and a threat to our survival."

"It would be nice to stop and chat with everyone we meet, and learn what we can, but that's not always in the cards. Nor can we trust what is said by everything we meet even when we do converse - so don't overestimate the value of that conversation."

"We'll manage just fine, though you're correct - this fellow was most unusual. It would not surprise me if we saw him again someday. Somehow."

He takes out the wand of lessor restoration, and uses it once.
restore dex: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"Sarah save you, Aldebert Piddlespot. If you learn to use your words, it won't be soon enough. I saw no spell casting, nor did I know your power smelled him differently. 'Threat to our survival'? If you need to think that, to justify your fight, then fine. I have to have words first in order to weigh words, to say 'yea' or 'neigh' to words. You shut him up with your judgment, so I'll finish my words by saying that you shouldn't underestimate the value of conversation, either." Pent stands, waiting for the next door to get opened, so they can get going. Also, whatever the creature possessed.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Roll20 updated. I'm assuming that the doorway nearest Aldebert is the next that will be opened, but if that is not the case I have revealed the other doorways. Move tokens / post accordingly and I can get the specifics up for the next room(s) this afternoon.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

GM Lareg, I keep up to date info on HPs, ACs, spells, in Ami's combat stuff spoiler. It is too difficult to change the alias bar for every change.

* * *

Yeen grabs the remnants of the thing's cloak, dragging it away and shaking it violently with his head as if hoping the body will fall out. Ami tries to help, grabbing the cloak and sifting through it.

While doing the important work of slaying the servants of the Rough Beast, Ami catches a few of Pent's words.

"The only obligation we owe servants like these is what we say with our tooth and claw after they have started the fight. We owe them no words, gnome," Ami hisses while correctly congratulating Yeen on being a good kitty, which he totally is. "If you wish to speak to creatures like this, might I suggest you stand between it and my brother? Then you can see how his mouth offered nothing but the disease of the Beast."

Ami and Yeen go over to check on Aldebert's wounds, then Ami will tend to Yeen's.

Yeen will take two hits from the wand of CLW: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 6) + 2 = 10 healing


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

No need to change the alias bar for every change. AC would be helpful especially as it seems barkskin and mage armor are essentially permanently cast. Or even just putting the status / combat stuff spoiler up top would be helpful. That way I'm checking Ami / Yeen in the same way I check Aldebert.

Ami:
As you congratulate Yeen your sense of victory is met by a sense of loss from the mold. Yes, the figure was evil. It sent the jackal on the quest for the scroll, but for what end? What was it's desire? Where has it gone? Will its evil plan continue? Are the answers lost now?


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

"Pent is right, Ami. We may not owe them words, but we have a debt by the name of Rayhan that says we could at least try to listen."

"How is the gnome supposed to get between you and anything when you send Yeen charging it at the first perceived slight?"


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent pats the dwarf on the arm. "You'd have better luck talking to the stones beneath your feet, Odie. Just be prepared for the next nest they kick over. Can't be too many more, save for the jackal's personal den, I'd gather."


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Figure's belongings:
magical dagger, magical amulet, and rubies that are at least as valuable as those given to the water creature.

How does the party proceed?


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami looks down upon the robes as if considering something. He tilts his head as if listening to a part of himself, then he looks at Yeen. He shrugs sadly, having no answer to voices within.

He looks at his brother, ready to move on.

"Brother, do you think this was the Jackal?"


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert would like to try the doors to the west, if everyone agrees. "I still think our man is this way somewhere."

If we are blocked by doors we cannot open, then we'll head east and look for someone with keys...

He holds up the loot, "Mahdi or Ami, can you lot discern what these are? Might be helpful." he's looking particularly at the amulet. Amulets are cool!

OH! We also have these items (link) to identify too. Any help?


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
Otah Cragsmith wrote:
"How is the gnome supposed to get between you and anything when you send Yeen charging it at the first perceived slight?"

Ami's eyes narrow and he looks at Otah, making room for the dwarf next to his brother.

"It attacked us first with fell magics. Our mind resisted but only because the Sun's Light bathes us even in this darkness. We did what was right," Ami notes back. "But if you wish to speak to more things, maybe you will take my place at my brother's side so that you might have a chance to discuss things with the servants of the Fell Beast. And next time things attack you, maybe I'll wait until I get all my talking done before I try to help."

Ami and Yeen scoot back from the western door, giving space to Otah.

Happy to wait until after items are ID'd. Ami has no spellcraft.

Cast Magic Circle Protection from Evil 10' on Yeen, Aldebert, & Ooootah (if he wants).

Ami leans over to Otah.

"This is so you can get close and whisper sweet dwarvings into the ears of the servants of the Rough Beast," Ami says. Cast Air Walk on Otah (80 minutes). Ami's eyes glitter with mirth.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

@Ami. Point of interest. None of the PCs knew that the figure was using a spell-like ability, further as a spell-like ability it couldn't have been perceived, simply resisted. The mechanics of said spell were discussed with Aldebert OOC. I do realize that I neglected to reinforce this point at the earlier mind reading comment, but took that more as humor than the sharing of OOC knowledge with PCs. Do retcon your post accordingly.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

B20
The open door reveal a portion of a large cave, filthy with slime and ooze.

Roll20 updated.

Identifying the items:
Both the amulet and the dagger look damp. Shifting the clothing to retrieve the rubies reveals what appears to be the remains of a vial - shattered glass and a cork stopper.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

I didn't read the OOC and still don't know what the save was for, but, in general, assume that one is aware of when one makes a save, regardless. It's more obvious with Fort or Reflex, but was unaware that Ami was unaware.

Ami's eyes narrow and he looks at Otah, making room for the dwarf next to his brother.

"I have no reason to speak to the servants of the Rough Beast," Ami notes back. "But if you wish to speak to more things, maybe you will take my place at my brother's side so that you might have a chance to discuss things with the servants of the Fell Beast. I'll wait until I get all my talking done before I try to help."


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah grumps as Ami's point is made, but not agreeing with the halfling doesn't mean a lack of trust, he nods as the halfling's magics are put into place.

As he steps into the air a little, he wobbles, then lets out a sharp "Ha!" Taking a few more steps, "This is much better than the last time Mahdi sent me into the air."

"There won't be pillow talk Ami, but I'll be impressed when you manage to hold back long enough for Pent to get out a coo."


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent snorts, deciding to check the opposite doors, before heading into the larger cave area. "Hold on, Odie. Let's make sure we're clear over here, before heading deeper. Let's see if there's more cavern on the other side."


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

I missed an important detail so I have revised the 'identifying items' spoiler. Please consider the below spoiler in its place.

Identifying the items:
The dagger look damp with blood, clearly from the most recent conflict. The amulet is completely intact. Shifting the clothing to retrieve the rubies reveals what appears to be a vial - tough enough that it has not broken in the fall when the figure departed without its belongings.

B18
This room seems to be a study or lounge of some sort. The floor is covered with thick, red carpeting, and the walls hang with deep purple curtains. Strangely smokeless braziers flicker in the corners of the room, radiating a pleasant warmth. Two long benches sit against two walls, while in the opposite corner stands a small round table and a large chair.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent bounds over to the door across the room, inspecting it for lockitude, before popping it open, and looking about.

"Odie, hold on, there's one more door over here..."


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

B19

This filthy room reeks of decayed meat and blood. Gnawed-upon bones lie in a semi-orderly heap in one corner of the room, while in another is a large nest of ratty furs, blankets, and tattered pillows. A lopsided wicker basket with a lid sits nearby.

Wicker basket:
Contains all of Rayhan’s gear.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent gathers whatever he finds of Rayhan's, worrying that it's been discarded here, where a body might be discarded elsewhere. He returns to the others, looking to Mahdi to identify anything useful before hunting jackal.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami waits to push through the doors unless there is need for Ami in the back rooms.

Otah Cragsmith wrote:
"...enough for Pent to get out a *toot*."

Ami squints at Otah, his eyes glittering with a mixture of bloodlust and mirth as if he is laughing at something in his head.

6,701 to 6,750 of 10,988 << first < prev | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.