GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


6,601 to 6,650 of 10,988 << first < prev | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | next > last >>

CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

By the map, we still have a number of doors unopened, including the one going due east from this room. Also, it's been so long, my apologies for the spotty memory-- that spiral staircase up at the very top of the map-- is that what we came down to reach this level in the first place? I can't remember if we thoroughly cleared the level above us or not.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

The dwarf looks at the blade with an appreciative yet surprised smile. He nods to it, "Classic."

"Yes! Good job all! We should not let anyone who fled have the chance to regroup before we find our wayward mage."


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"I'm running on fumes, myself." Pent swats behind his back. "For a couple more of Sarah's healing blooms, I, like Mahdi, am currently only able to ask for a couple more heavenly helps. That is low-priority, now that we've made a good ruckus. We should assume that whoever roams these halls, they're sphinctered nearby Rayhan, and possibly awaiting our arrival, to negotiate their way out of here safely. So I say, we press on a little further, and hope Sarah's got Her eye on us, despite our drain."


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"Agreed, let's press on, but with care."

When everyone is ready, Aldebert moves to the east door, takes a deep breath, and opens it, greatsword in hand, ready to do battle with what lies beyond.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
Ooootah wrote:
"Classic."

Ami smiles at Otah, his eyes showing the hints of smile, his face still (and always hidden) by the facial scarf.

He tenses on Yeen's shoulder, ready to react from whatever might be behind the door.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Yes, the stairway is where you all came down. Basically east where the water is you get back to the locked door that the half-elf was babbling about. There are two other unopened doors as noted by Mahdi. More soon (tonight).


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

In the distance only the sound of running water can be heard. Whatever or whoever else lurks under the warehouse doesn't seem to be rushing to avenge the death of these creatures.

Opening the door exposes a long hallway, which beyond is a closed door and the sound of water, now louder.

roll20 updated.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami and Yeen track closer. Ami looks for danger while Yeen snuffles for scent of the wizard.

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31 Perception
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 Scent - Perception


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Gretiem pads along, guided by Aldebert, following Ami.

When he gets to the door, once everyone has caught up, he opens it again - sword in hand.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent shuffles after the others, looking over his shoulder every once and awhile to avoid unexpected rear entry.

"Are we looping back? To that grand hall of the last attack? Feels like it, but these halls are starting to make me dizzy."


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

"Dizzy? Can't help you there. These cultists are infuriating though."

Otah's hand tightens it's grip slightly as the door opens.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

B11
The doorway at the end of the hall opens to a relatively small section of worked stone floor overlooks water filled cave. The roof arches to nearly twenty feet above the surging waters below. From the doorway it is difficult to see the size of the area.

Entering the room:
Standing on the worked stone you see an immense sea cave. Perception Roll.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Perception, Low Light: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18

Pent eyes the waters, then quickly moves to the doorway. "I'm not swimming. Not here. This isn't a beach, with Sarah's Sun beating down on us. This is drowning, deep and dark, and forgotten. Let's keep moving, shall we?" The gnome motions to the door, for the brave halfs to take the lead.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

GM Lareg, did Yeen catch any of Rayhan's scent?

Ami and Yeen pad forward, sniffing and scouting for danger.

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21 Perception
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Scent - Perception


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Ami / Yeen:
The room is full on stored items with no scent of Rayhan. Generally speaking the only place Yeen has picked up any scent of Rayhan is in the large room with the water. Feel free to roll retroactively to get further specifics.

Pent:
The water looks deep and cold.

Perception > 20:
The water is deep enough in spots that creatures could easily be hiding. You don't see any sign of movement.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami looks at Yeen and Yeen returns the look. They pad up to Aldebert and give their thoughts to the leader.

"Brother! This is not where Rayhan is! This is the wrong way! We should go back to the other water area," Ami hisses from under his scarf. "Let us be done with this so we can be gone from this accursed city."


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

At Ami's mention of water there is clear movement in deep near the center of the cavernous lake.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert moves to the next door, "Brother, I think we can use this door to head back." he prepares to open it when...

GM Lareg wrote:
At Ami's mention of water there is clear movement in deep near the center of the cavernous lake.

Ugh!

"Another water creature! Everyone be on your guard! I think we can leave it as it's not what we seek - through the door, quickly!"

He holds the door open and waits for everyone to head in.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah peers down into the water below before walking away.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

"I'd rather not fight one of those eye beasts again, not with you two casters running out of bolts."

The dwarf starts to move back towards the area the gnome thought a clue for Rayhan was in.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

"Brother, we *could* go around. Why don't we go around?"

Despite his question, Ami and Yeen will move as the door is opened.

Waiting for map to update.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Mahdi the statue-skinned watches from the doorway-- he sees nothing but he just looks askance at Aldebert. "Why are we going through doors we THINK lead back when we could just walk back the way we came, which we KNOW connects? The last thing you want is to wind up with a water-eye-doom beast at your back and that door you're opening leading to more gargoyles. I'm going back the way we came, thank you."


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

A single scaly humanoid, chuckles as Aldebert opens the door. It's long, fish-like tail waves about as it's fish like skin shakes with glee. Waving its arms it kicks its legs in the water, webbed claws splashing water all about. It's common speech seem odd coming from its toothy maw and piscine head.

"You'd be best not to go that way. A despicable creature with bits from its body keeps the water that way. The creature makes little antenna motions with its claws above it's head, closing one eye as it does so.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami listens to the scaly creature, but is unable to parse what it is saying. Ami looks to Pent to translate the crazy; it is their shared language.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert agrees with his companions and is ready to back off when the scaly humanoid speaks.

"Ho there! Thank you for the information, I am indebted to you."

He hesitates, "Uh, are you trapped here? Is there anything I can do for you?" he says even as he backs back toward the previous door (assuming Pent does the same - he does not leave Pent behind).

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision
Fishkin wrote:
"You'd be best not to go that way. A despicable creature with bits from its body keeps the water that way."

Pent looks around the others, not happy to hear a voice near water. "You speaking about the eyeball with teeth? That thing almost ended us, but it's at an end because of us. You seem to suggest that you know it, what, from personal conversations, or did it try and sap you and yours too? What else you know? Does this water connect with that water? You able to access waters other than below this warehouse? Did you know that there's a warehouse above you right now, where non-swimmers are very ignorant of your presence down here? We're non-swimmers, and no longer ignorant of you. My name's Pent Arotha, Blessed by Sarah. Who are you, and are you trapped down here? What else have you seen?"

Diplomacy, Aid Another: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

The aquatic creature listens to Adelbert, thinking on his offer it's splashing comes to a halt as Pent talks.

"What you claim is no small thing. If the beast, our sworn enemy, has truly been slain than is it us that should be offering you help. We will go see for ourselves. Hope for your sake that you do not lie."

With a nearly splashless leap into the deep, the creature swims away. There are signs that movement follows it. The movement below seems to be heading roughly north, in the direction where the eyeball beast was bested.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami nods to himself as the gnome seems to understand and speak the same language as the water creature.

Ami waits patiently for the creature to return, knowing that Yeen's tooth and claw were responsible for the eyeballs demise.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"Fascinating."

Aldebert waits, his hand on the door, for the creature's return. I wonder what they'll give us? Nice that we won't have to fight them at least - but I bet they know much of this place.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

Celebrating the dead (B14):
Returning to where the cooling corpse of the beholder rest you see the creature who surfaced from the deep. He stands near the corpse speaking in a tongue you do not recognize. Four others that look to belong to the speaker's race remain in the water celebrating. The seeming leader looks at you as approach. "What you claimed is true. Tell me, how did such a thing come to pass?"

EDIT: 5 total aquatic creatures, 4 plus the apparent leader. There should be four green circles on roll20. Are they showing? EDIT 2: The above is a place holder for if / when the party returns to B14. Feel free to go elsewhere. The creatures do not return to B11.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent hears the answer, and almost responds, before he holds his tongue, and waits for the fish-thing to submerge. "Lie?! He calls me out on trying to lie?! He's busting my marbles, Odie. If I weren't so spent today, I'd have a mind to knuckle him in the gills for impugning my words. Mahdi, you got more fire? They probably taste like mackerel, if you blacken them enough."

When they don't return, Pent pushes the others to return to the eyeball room, and look for them there. When it turns out they're there, he waits for the others to explain what happened, since he was completely foggy on the events, having almost slept with the fishes himself.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert says, "Let's meet them there so we can show them the body in case they miss it for some reason."

He walks back to the room where he nearly died. He sees them when he comes in, and responds.

"We came upon them and there was a great fight. It took very nearly all we had to destroy it, but as you can see, we did overcome this obstacle with fire and steel. Was this the leader here? We thought it merely a pet - though an incredibly strong one."

I see four green circles and the leader.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami rides on Yeen as they pad after Aldebert, following the leader as he leads. When they finally get to the four five fishmen, Ami puffs proudly as Aldebert begins to describe how the beast was felled.

Aldebert wrote:
"...we did overcome this obstacle with fire and steel."

Ami stops petting Yeen, his jaw dropping open.

'FIRE AND STEEL'!? What?!

Ami hisses to get his brother's attention, interrupting his brother from making a mistake.

"Brother! BROTHER!!" Ami hisses. "Do *NOT* forget Yeen! It was tooth and claw that slew the beast! Yeen deserves the honors too."

Ami glares angrily at his brother. He is angry not because he was forgotten, but that Yeen was. No one should be forgetting that Yeen is good too. And help with Sarenrae's will.

His brother, most especially, should not be forgetting.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert laughs, and looks a might sheepish, "And claw, of course, and spell too. It was a mighty fight, and we all brought our best."

"My brother is quite right - Yeen here placed the killing blow in fact."

He wonders what these creatures will have to offer.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

We're explaining ourselves to fish, and the halfs are falling over themselves to expect honors and praise?? Sarah, be kind. Half brains aren't whole, of course. They'll learn to be humble, if You give them the chance.

Pent thrums his thumbs, and waits to hear what the fish can tell them about what lies ahead. He looks down at their hands, debating whether or not they can open doors themselves. How many fish does it take to turn a knob?


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

The dwarf smirks as the halflings describe the fight with the eye-beast.

"Not an easy feat, even with the mighty cat-warrior. How long have you been here, and been plagued by your foe?"


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

The scaled figure nods knowingly, "We have long been its enemy. It must have finally pushed the jackal to far. Tell me, what fee did he promise for this fine work you have done?"

Diplomacy rolls (previously made):
You can surmise that the creature assumes you have been hired by the jackal.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

At the creature's words, Ami's eyes narrow and his hands stop petting Yeen. His body tenses. He looks at his brother, wondering what he will say.

Softy Hissed Halfling:
"Brother! These are not friends! Be careful!"


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert heeds his brothers advice and proceeds cautiously.

"Interesting. You work for the Jackal?" he asks innocently.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

The creature nods, "Yes. yes we do. Not that we liked this beast. And you lot? Did you just get hired in for this one job or are around for a bit longer?"


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert slowly, unwillingly, draws his greatsword.

"I'm afraid we're enemies of the Jackal and are bent on his destruction."

Aldebert doesn't charge into combat right away, but any threatening moves and he jumps! He's hoping there's some chance they're unwilling members of his gang...


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!! We are bent on recovering Rayhan, the Jackal be damned!! If we don't lay eyes on the Jackal, it would be just fine by me, Aldi. We are here to bring home our host, for the attentions we brought down upon him." Pent waves his hands at the creature speaking.

"We killed the eyeball in self-defense. Well, I didn't, because it got me first, but you get the idea. We're not here to fight, but we will if our hand is forced. If you're part of the kidnapping, then we're at odds. If you're hired gills, perhaps you'll need to look elsewhere for work, if we end up ending the Jackal. If you like working for the Jackal, you'll want to help us avoid running into the Jackal, while we seek out our friend. If you know where our friend is being held, then even better. Consider it your show of appreciation, for us, them, having killed your eyeball irritation."


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"For once I agree with Pent," Mahdi says with a squeeze of the bridge of his nose. "Our goal of finding Rayhan may not necessarily put us into direct conflict with these creatures, Aldebert."

He gives the fish-men a brusque nod. "The Jackal has-- we believe-- kidnapped a friend of ours; we came here seeking to free him. If you're loyal enough to the Jackal that that makes us enemies, well, then... it seems we're likely to have the usual unpleasantness. If, on the other hand, you can simply let us go by without hassle, wonderful. If, furthermore, you could see your way to assisting us, well... even better. As Pent says."


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

As Aldebert draws his steel, however casually, Ami tenses up...which causes Yeen to tense up as well. The cat's tail begins to swish from side to side. Ami believes in his brother and will follow him into combat as necessary.

Ami and Yeen take no aggressive actions.


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

The leader of the creatures nods, visibly disappointed. "You have done us a favor, even if for your own reasons. The jackal's coin is plentiful, but not so that risking this beast's fate seems needed. Perhaps this friend of yours is worth a bit of the shiny too you?"


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert happily sheaths his sword again, pleased they don't have to fight these creatures. They seem civilized enough to me.

"Well, we are indeed eager to have him back, but we'll not be blackmailed - you understand. If you can help us, I'm sure we can come to some sort of arrangement however. What do you know and what do you feel it's worth to you?" he says hesitatingly not sure he wants to bargain under their current circumstances. At least my armor's paid off...


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami looks at his brother, then back to the fishfolk, and keeps Yeen in line. He does not like these fish and wonders if a descriminating cat like Yeen would deign to dine upon them.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision
Fishstick wrote:
"Perhaps this friend of yours is worth a bit of the shiny too you?"

"You saying you're 'for hire', then? You knew about the eyeball, sure, but that means you didn't dare to pass him. Which means any information you got ends here, at that door. You'd have to be pretty convincing about what lies beyond, flounder."


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah looks at the party, and then on Ami with an approving nod.

Releasing the grip on his axe, he chimes into the "negotiations", "Any means to locate and/or defeat the Jackal, and the location of his hostages and our friend will earn you the shiny."


Maps: Travel * Hut and more

The creature looks toward the door, "That door looks pretty closed to me. So unless you all had a good reason to delay locating your friend, I'd say that the information we have is quite valuable. As for blackmail, we'll happily return to where we were. You have already done us a great service."


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert smiles, "Your generosity is welcome and, uh, generous. Thank you." Aldebert nods to the sea creatures.

"So what lies beyond that door? What should we plan for?"

6,601 to 6,650 of 10,988 << first < prev | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.