GMG's PBP: Series of the Fiend (10-11) (Inactive)

Game Master Tyranius

Map


101 to 150 of 838 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Fiend series | Shackles

Attack rolls:
Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 2 = 6
Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 2 = 18
Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 2 = 3
Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 2 = 15
Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 2 = 9
Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 2 = 19
Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 2 = 15

The bastard sword goes down in a wide arc and seven arrows thud into the dirt around your feet...

Initiative
Buffs: Prayer (allies only)
Gratus
Karzug
Drokk
Svetlana

- - -
Enemy

Grand Lodge

Male LG Half-Orc Cleric 5 / Hellknight Signifier 3 | HP 50/59 | AC 26 T 12 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +10, R: +6, W: +12 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Enlarge: 6/6, Channel Energy: 4/4 | Active conditions: Barkskin +3

Karzug yells at the opponents. "You shoot at Karzug! Karzug make you pay for that!" And he runs... a full-on sprint for someone in heavy armor. AC is 27 while running.

Dark Archive

active effects:
more effects:
M Half Orc Fighter 1 (unbreakable) / Alchemist 10 (beastmorph) | Current AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | HP 92/92 | F +17 R +14 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +14/16 darkvision 60'

"These imbeciles wish for suffering."

A thought occurs to Drokk:

"Можливо ви не говорите спільного? Стоять вниз на один раз, в ім'я лікторів і Vicarius або загрожує загибеллю!

infernal:
"Perhaps you do not speak common? Stand down at once, in the name of the Lictors and Vicarius, or face destruction!"

Drokk continues his advance, consuming an extract of Expeditious Retreat in order to hasten his approach. He draws his nodachi as he marches.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

"So......" Gratus echoes from behind his mask as he strides forward. As suddenly his form blurs and now where there one, there are two Gratus striding forward.

"You would choose the far more violent and expedient way. So be it." he says with an ominous emphasis on the latter words.

Move 30ft, use Copy cat (Domain Ability).


Fiend series | Shackles

Dice:

vs Karzug, need 19 on the die
Attack rolls: 4d20 ⇒ (19, 6, 3, 2) = 30
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

vs Svetlana, need 20 on the die
Attack rolls: 3d20 ⇒ (20, 2, 5) = 27
Confirm: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Svetlana hustles forward runs 60 feet. Seven arrows are shot, this time at the two forward hellknights and two of these arrows actually hit, doing minor damage.

Initiative
Buffs: Prayer (allies only)
Gratus
Karzug -1 hp
Drokk
Svetlana -4 hp

- - -
Enemy

Dark Archive

active effects:
more effects:
M Half Orc Fighter 1 (unbreakable) / Alchemist 10 (beastmorph) | Current AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | HP 92/92 | F +17 R +14 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +14/16 darkvision 60'

Drokk double moves towards the archers.

Are they all human? Do they have any insignia?

know.local, mutagen, heroism, prayer: 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 1 + 2 + 1 = 17

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

Gratus moves as implacable as an inevitable, his heavy footsteps informing the enemy that no matter what, he will keep coming at them. His Halberd catches the light and gleams.

Double Move.

Grand Lodge

Male LG Half-Orc Cleric 5 / Hellknight Signifier 3 | HP 50/59 | AC 26 T 12 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +10, R: +6, W: +12 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Enlarge: 6/6, Channel Energy: 4/4 | Active conditions: Barkskin +3

Karzug continues running. Heroically. He doesn't even notice the arrow that nicked him.

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

Svetlana continues forward, annoyed at the boneheadedness of first the Erinyes, and now these strangers.

Move 60'


Fiend series | Shackles

Attack:

Archers at Karzug: 4d20 ⇒ (3, 12, 13, 17) = 45
Archers at Svetlana: 3d20 ⇒ (16, 18, 7) = 41
Charge: 1d20 + 14 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 14 + 2 - 3 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 5 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 9 = 19

Another seven arrows fall harmlessly at the feet of the running pathfinders. The man with the bastard sword charges Karzug and hits hard! The people attacking you are all human, you see no visible insignia.

Initiative
Buffs: Prayer (allies only)
Gratus
Karzug -20 hp
Drokk
Svetlana -4 hp

- - -
Enemy

Dark Archive

active effects:
more effects:
M Half Orc Fighter 1 (unbreakable) / Alchemist 10 (beastmorph) | Current AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | HP 92/92 | F +17 R +14 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +14/16 darkvision 60'

Drokk lobs a bomb at the archer closest to him yellow

bomb vs touch ac, heroism, prayer, 2nd increment: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 14
damage: 4d6 + 4 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (5, 6, 3, 3) + 4 - 1 + 1 = 21
Orange and Green archers take 8 fire damage, with a DC17 Reflex save for half.

If a 14 misses the archer's touch AC" splash landing: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Drokk then strides forward, nodachi at the ready.

"You fools can't be getting paid enough to die here. By blade and fire you shall suffer today. Judgement in the face of depravity!"

Grand Lodge

Male LG Half-Orc Cleric 5 / Hellknight Signifier 3 | HP 50/59 | AC 26 T 12 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +10, R: +6, W: +12 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Enlarge: 6/6, Channel Energy: 4/4 | Active conditions: Barkskin +3

Karzug's barkskin shrugs off the blow from the man with the bastard sword. "You call that hit? Karzug show you HIT!" The half-orc steps to the side, then doubles in size in every dimension! He swings a now-massive greataxe at the target next to him.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 1 = 27
Damage: 3d6 + 17 ⇒ (3, 3, 2) + 17 = 25

Now have reach, so archers are in range.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

Gratus strides up, his implacable movement not slowing at the least as he casually flings out his halberd!

It floats and suddenly attempts to impale itself on one of the archers before floating back to his open hand.
Grasping the shaft, he speaks.
"Die knowing that you were bested by Hellknights far beyond you."

Attack Cyan Archer,prayer, Hand of the Mage 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 = 251d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 = 14

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.
Doctor Drokk wrote:


"Judgement in the face of depravity!"

"Hey that's MY line!" Svetlana asides jovially as she joins the melee.

"Lay down your weapons and submit yourselves to righteous judgement and some clemency MAY be shown" - assuming that they will do nothing of the sort, Svetlana sets out to make an example of one of them that so that the rest may better understand the gravity of their situation.

Vs Dk Blue
PA+FF/Overhand Chop
Attack 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30
Damage 1d10 + 11 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 9 + 3 = 29


Fiend series | Shackles

Dice:

Reflex Orange: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Reflex Green: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Archers on Karzug
Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Archer on Drok
Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Archer on Svetlana
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Leader on Karzug
Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 3 ⇒ (12) + 14 - 3 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 5 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 9 = 17

Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 3 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 14 - 3 - 5 = 18
Damage: 1d10 + 5 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 9 = 24

Confirm Archer on Svetlana
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The pathfinders kill two archers while they severely damage three others and the archer's leader. The archers draw maces and step forward, waiting until their leader is in position. Three strike at Karzug and one even manages to hit him! Another strikes at Drokk, missing him while the last strikes Svetlana at an unprotected spot in her armor. The leader attempts to hit Karzug twice and fails...

Initiative
Buffs: Prayer (allies only)
Gratus
Karzug -23 hp
Drokk
Svetlana -7 hp

- - -
Orange -8 hp
Green -8 hp
White -25 hp
Cyan -14 hp

Dark Archive

active effects:
more effects:
M Half Orc Fighter 1 (unbreakable) / Alchemist 10 (beastmorph) | Current AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | HP 92/92 | F +17 R +14 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +14/16 darkvision 60'

Welcome back GM!

Drokk slashes at one of the guards with his nodachi Orange

nodachi vs orange, heroism, mutagen, prayer, power attack: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 33damage, pa, prayer, mutagen: 1d10 + 11 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 1 + 6 = 27
nodachi iterative vs orange, heroism, mutagen, prayer, power attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 22damage, pa, prayer, mutagen: 1d10 + 11 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 1 + 6 = 19

If the first strike kills Orange, Drokk 5' steps forwards and attacks Black. If not the iterative attack goes on Orange. If Black or Orange still stands after these sword attacks, Drokk continues with a vicious bite.

bite, secondary, heroism, GMF, mutagen, prayer, pa: 1d20 + 12 - 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 12 - 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 25damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 + (6, 5) = 20vicious damage to Drokk: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

"This really would be a good time to take us up on our offer to lay down your arms and plead for mercy..."

Svetlana continues to mow the lawn.

Vs Cyan
PA+FF/Prayer
Attack 1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 19 + 1 = 38
Damage 1d10 + 11 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 9 + 1 = 26
Crit? 1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 19 + 1 = 29
Add Damage 1d10 + 11 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 9 + 1 = 31

Vs Green
PA+FF/Prayer
Attack 1d20 + 14 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 14 - 3 + 1 = 18
Damage 1d10 + 11 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 9 + 1 = 23


Fiend series | Shackles

"You are slaughtering my people and expect me to surrender?" the leader of the group shouts in rage while Drokk and Svetlana kill 4 warriors.

Initiative
Buffs: Prayer (allies only)
Gratus
Karzug -23 hp

- - -
White -25 hp
- - -
Drokk
Svetlana -7 hp

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

"Rest assured that I shall pray for your souls." Gratus says as he finally reaches the group.
His meaning is clear as he looks at the body scattered around them.

Intimidate 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

"It was you who loosed arrows at us and chose not to parley - don't complain when we decide to restore order and put down your banditry"

Dark Archive

active effects:
more effects:
M Half Orc Fighter 1 (unbreakable) / Alchemist 10 (beastmorph) | Current AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | HP 92/92 | F +17 R +14 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +14/16 darkvision 60'

"Aye, you had the chance to cooperate with our lawful investigation. Now you will be fortunate if my Brother here only compels your soul to answer questions." Drokk nods towards the Asmodean, Gratus.

Grand Lodge

Male LG Half-Orc Cleric 5 / Hellknight Signifier 3 | HP 50/59 | AC 26 T 12 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +10, R: +6, W: +12 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Enlarge: 6/6, Channel Energy: 4/4 | Active conditions: Barkskin +3

"Karzug not know what all this talk mean, but he mad too that you shoot him with many arrows," says the massive half-orc. He retains his growth for another round and swings at the leader.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 1 = 20
Damage: 3d6 + 17 ⇒ (2, 2, 1) + 17 = 22


Fiend series | Shackles

The leader goes down from a massive strike from Karzug. Seeing that the last guard throws down his mace and makes a run for it. The people that were working when you arrived also throw down their tools and run away.

Status
Karzug -23 hp
Svetlana -7 hp

Dark Archive

active effects:
more effects:
M Half Orc Fighter 1 (unbreakable) / Alchemist 10 (beastmorph) | Current AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | HP 92/92 | F +17 R +14 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +14/16 darkvision 60'

GM, is it possible to catch one of them? Either a worker or a guard? Drokk would like to question a prisoner if possible. Drokk's landspeed is currently 40' and fly speed is 20'.

"I'll see if I can catch one."

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

"Fine"

In the meantime, Svetlana follows on, knowing that any enemy arriving ahead of them may raise the alarm.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Fiend series | Shackles

Drokk runs after the running guard and with a few huge strides is running next to him "Gotcha!" he smiles and the guard faints...

Dark Archive

active effects:
more effects:
M Half Orc Fighter 1 (unbreakable) / Alchemist 10 (beastmorph) | Current AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | HP 92/92 | F +17 R +14 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +14/16 darkvision 60'

Drokk squats over the unconscious guard.

"Nigel, delta kappa psi nine." He rumbles to his tumour familiar in a scientist's notation-code. The monkey goes into the haversack on Drokk's hunchback and withdraws a vial, passing it to the Doctor.

Drokk unstoppers the vial and holds it under the guard's nose for a moment, whilst pinning the man to the floor under his knee. Using smelling salts to revive the guard.

"You will answer my questions fully and truthfully. These two - " Drokk indicates his masked companions Gratus and Karzug " - are Hellknight Signifers. They will see if you are lying. If you are stupid enough to lie, I will kill you and they will call your soul back to inhabit your corpse. Then they will question you. Then your corpse, with your soul trapped within it, will serve our purposes until the flesh rots from its bones. Then your bones will serve us, and still your soul will be bound."

"Let us begin with some simple questions. Who is your employer? What is the nature of the work being carried out here?"

intimidate, heroism, mutagen, gravelly tonic: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 15 + 2 + 5 = 36


Fiend series | Shackles

The man's face turns ashen and he starts to blurt out answers "I am, was, in the employ of Zahur Karn. We had to guard the excavation works of an ancient ruins"

Dark Archive

active effects:
more effects:
M Half Orc Fighter 1 (unbreakable) / Alchemist 10 (beastmorph) | Current AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | HP 92/92 | F +17 R +14 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +14/16 darkvision 60'

Drokk glowers at the guard.

"Let us continue. Who is Zahur Karn? What does he want with these ruins? Does he have more competent guardians than you at this site?"

Does Drokk know the name Zahur Karn?

know.local, heroism, mutagen: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 - 1 = 12


Fiend series | Shackles

The man points to the decapitated leader of the guards "That is, was Zahur Karn, he was the leader of the guards on site. We are in the employ of the Aspis Consortium, Haliduras Karn is in charge of the excavation. As far as I know the higher-ups want to sell what is found here"

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

Gratus adds on to the effect.

"That's all you have to say?"

With +11 to Intimidate, that's an auto aid. I woudn't want the guy to pass out lol.

Dark Archive

active effects:
more effects:
M Half Orc Fighter 1 (unbreakable) / Alchemist 10 (beastmorph) | Current AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | HP 92/92 | F +17 R +14 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +14/16 darkvision 60'

"Aspis. The Aspis dare to operate in Cheilax without proper authority? They will be judged! Where is Haliduras Karn now? What forces does this Aspis Agent command? What is Haliduras' area of expertise - if any?"

Has Drokk heard of Haliduras?

know.local: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 - 1 = 14

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

Seeing that her companions have the matter in hand, Svetlana quickly checks over the bodies for any insignia, markings, or distinctive items.


Fiend series | Shackles

Drokk does not recall these names

"I am just a grunt, I did not speak to Haliduras. Where he is now I don't know. Probably in that big tent in the center of the camp or otherwise in the ancient city below. As for his forces, I understand he called forth the black angels that were supposed to prevent anyone from landing on the beach."

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

Gratus crosses his arms as he stares impassively at the man.

"If that is all, I suggest you remove yourself from our presence or be removed from this plane of existence. Fear not for if you lie, your remaining hours will not be pleasant. If there is anything else you can tell us, I'd truly like to know."


Fiend series | Shackles

"Yes sir! Thank you sir! I just remembered that I heard the higher-ups say that they were having trouble clearing the city of ancient guardians . We never went down."

The man runs away and you quickly go through the pockets of those slain. You find seven potions that you identify as cure light potions and one cure moderate potions. Everyone also carries a bronze badge of the aspis consortium. There are no other items worth noting.

Feel free to heal up

You enter the large wooden building in the middle of the compound. Piles of excavated earth litter the ground. A vast chasm, a jagged wound into the plateau, reveals a long shaft that drops into the pillar’s core. In the middle of the open room, a rickety scaffold clings against the chasm’s edge winding its way down into darkness. A rail system runs atop the scaffold and mine carts wait to descend into unknown depths. Lanterns swing from high beams creating shadows that dance between the loose dirt.

Armed workers expeditiously load the carts while following orders bellowed by a beautiful woman with a simple bronze trinket coiled in a snake motif dangling from a silver chain on her lithe neck. When they see you enter in your hellknight armor she hops into a cart with four of the men while two others draw swords and move towards you. The cart quickly disappears over the tracks...

I know I have also mentioned a large tent. That was my mistake, there is only the central wooden building and some small tents surrounding it

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

"Well, there's an obvious display of guilt for a crime we have not yet seen" Svetlana chuckles, and continues advancing towards the people who have foolishly drawn steel.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

"Yes Sister. It is true that only the guilty run." Gratus agrees as he to picks up a pace alongside Svetlana as if out on a stroll.

Turning his gaze on the ones with drawn steel,
"Drop those or be dropped. We are not interested in tarrying here." he intones.

Initmidate 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Dark Archive

active effects:
more effects:
M Half Orc Fighter 1 (unbreakable) / Alchemist 10 (beastmorph) | Current AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | HP 92/92 | F +17 R +14 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +14/16 darkvision 60'

Did Drokk need to use his bite attack earlier, or did the two nodachi blows prove sufficient? I'll have taken 3 vicious damage if I had to bite.

Drokk stuffs two CLW potions into his haversack.

"We must follow that Aspis agent into the dig site." Drokk turns to the two men bearing arms: "Run away, or die where you stand. You cannot hope to delay us."

Auto-aid Gratus' intimidate (if there's time for intimidate).

Grand Lodge

Male LG Half-Orc Cleric 5 / Hellknight Signifier 3 | HP 50/59 | AC 26 T 12 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +10, R: +6, W: +12 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Enlarge: 6/6, Channel Energy: 4/4 | Active conditions: Barkskin +3

Karzug heals himself. Healing: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (3, 1) + 8 = 12 Feeling not yet 100% or even 90%, he heals himself some more. Healing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Leaves him at 57/59, good enough.


Fiend series | Shackles

Drokk: let's assume you did not use the bite (I don't want to spend time on the math, these guards had very few hit points)

Using Intimidate to change an opponent's attitude requires 1 minute of conversation. Do you want to spend that time?

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

Give the most likely leader the shaken condition and let them decide for themselves if they wish to flee - it would take us less than 60 seconds to simply subdue them and move on

Svetlana doe not look like she's interested in a negotiation, she is clearly intending on striding forward with her bardiche.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

Not Negotiating. Gratus is giving them a chance to make a life changing decision.

Dark Archive

active effects:
more effects:
M Half Orc Fighter 1 (unbreakable) / Alchemist 10 (beastmorph) | Current AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | HP 92/92 | F +17 R +14 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +14/16 darkvision 60'

"I tire of these cretins. They lack the brain to understand that they ask for death."

Drokk steps forward and full attacks. If these foes were willing to surrender they would have done so, and therefore they can only be slowing us down.

nodachi vs guard, mutagen, heroism, power attack: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 16damage: 1d10 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 6 = 18
nodachi vs guard, mutagen, heroism, power attack, iterative: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 24damage: 1d10 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 6 = 25
bite, secondary, GMF, heroism, mutagen, power attack, vicious: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 12damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 + 2 + (5, 6) = 22vicious damage to Drokk: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Hit red guard first, then white if red drops.


Fiend series | Shackles

Initiative:

Doctor Drokk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Gratus Leogil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Karzug: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Svetlana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Enemy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Tired of the discussion Doctor Drokk steps forward and lashes out with his nodachi, initiating combat.

Initiative
Gratus

- - -
Red -18hp, shaken
White
- - -
Doctor Drokk
Karzug
Svetlana

Treating that as a surprise round, so only one attack

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

Gratus simply steps in and around white giving his companion a flank.


Fiend series | Shackles

My apologies Gratus, I meant the action from Drokk: you get a standard round


Fiend series | Shackles

Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 2 = 20
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Confirm: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (1, 4) + 10 = 15

The two guards step towards Gratus, the first one almost hits but seems to hold back due to respect for the hellknight armor, while the other seems to hold a grudge and does a respectfull amount of damage.

Initiative
Doctor Drokk
Karzug
Svetlana
Gratus - 15hp

- - -
Start round 2
Red -18hp, shaken
White
- - -

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

Gratus is unphased as his halberd is raised slowly then brought down almost as if giving a tap. Returnign the blow to teh one who hit him......

Attack 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 271d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Attack 2 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 81d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

His halberd though proves anything but light as the weight is swung down with enough force to cleave through a solid block of wood....

Dark Archive

active effects:
more effects:
M Half Orc Fighter 1 (unbreakable) / Alchemist 10 (beastmorph) | Current AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | HP 92/92 | F +17 R +14 W +9 | Init +1 | Perc +14/16 darkvision 60'

Drokk continues his assault:

nodachi vs guard, mutagen, heroism, power attack: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 19damage: 1d10 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 6 = 23
nodachi vs guard, mutagen, heroism, power attack, iterative: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 25damage: 1d10 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 6 = 23
bite, secondary, GMF, heroism, mutagen, power attack, vicious: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 13damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 + 2 + (6, 1) = 21vicious damage to Drokk: 1d6 ⇒ 2

As before, only use bite if sword attacks prove insufficient to drop enemies. Attack red first, then white (not clear who Gratus attacked)

"Ignorant wretches! Why give up your lives so cheaply? What depravity has twisted your reason? What false promise beguiles your feeble wits?"

101 to 150 of 838 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMG's PBP: Series of the Fiend - gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.