GMG's PBP: Series of the Fiend (10-11) (Inactive)

Game Master Tyranius

Map


801 to 838 of 838 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

active effects:
more effects:
M Half Orc Fighter 1 (unbreakable) / Alchemist 10 (beastmorph) | Current AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | HP 92/92 | F +16 R +13 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +14/16 darkvision 60'

Can we heal inbetween skill checks?

Also, Svetlana do you have any more axiomite summons? Those things have knowledges!

reflex, heroism: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 2 = 16 30 damage after DR

Drokk activates his healing mutation. use all 10 remaining points of fast healing over 2 rounds.

If possible, wait for healing before making new skill checks.

know.engineering: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 - 1 = 28 woop!

"Ah, yes! That's where we were going wrong. Here..."

Dark Archive

"monkey" (magical beast) tumour familiar (sage) 10 | AC 16 T 14 FF 14 | HP 46/46 | F +9 R +9 W +4 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +5 lowlight vision

"Eeeekk!!!"

reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Nigel dodges around, using Drokk's body as cover, and avoids harm. Improved evasion.

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

Unless we got a decent rest between, I used one summon on the Demon Bullettes and one on the last fight, I only have two Axiomite summons. I still have two Erinyes

Svetlana will begin infernal healing too...

Dark Archive

You have plenty of chance to heal in between. Please go ahead and retcon your healing charges.

CSW Karzug: 3d8 + 7 ⇒ (7, 2, 5) + 7 = 21

Fortunately without any catastrophe they manage to get the beast in place. An ornate set of stairs opens into a grand throne room with ten stone statues as courtiers. At the far end of the room, a gilded sarcophagus lies before an elevated platform that bears a silver chair and numerous tall bookshelves. Overhead, several glowing orbs wash the tomb in shadowy illumination. Flanking the sarcophagus are two jet obelisks that threaten to pierce this chamber’s orb-filled ceiling.

Damned if you guys know what it all means though. What truly surprises you, is the figure sitting calmly upon the throne. A woman, nay, a corpse, sits upon the throne. Long ago her robes and accouterments rotted and cracked. About her head is a crown tarnished with the weight of eons. "Champions from above..." Her Taldane is VERY heavily accented in a way none of you have ever heard. "Champions, I have waited here a LONG time for freedom. You have done so much to get here, I can imagine. You have earned a reward from me. Ask for anything and I shall see it done."

Player Status:

Magic Circle against Chaos (Gratus)

Gratus (60/85; Halberd 21/30)
Svetlana (57/115)
Karzug (55/59)
Drokk (84/84; displacement; thorn body)

Dark Archive

"monkey" (magical beast) tumour familiar (sage) 10 | AC 16 T 14 FF 14 | HP 46/46 | F +9 R +9 W +4 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +5 lowlight vision

Nigel will replace Drokk's armour, prior to completing the manoeuvring of the behemoth, and will and switch the golembane scarab and vicious amulet again. Having done so, he concentrates on the scarab to see if the stone statues are in fact more golems.

know.religion vs corpse woman: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20 If successful, would like to know spellcasting ability and SLAs; Nigel communicates any information to Drokk.

Dark Archive

active effects:
more effects:
M Half Orc Fighter 1 (unbreakable) / Alchemist 10 (beastmorph) | Current AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | HP 92/92 | F +16 R +13 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +14/16 darkvision 60'

"Severina Helsprex, that is quite an offer. You are right that we have done much to reach you. Give us control of your golems. That is the boon we request of you."

Worth an ask ;)

Drokk requests 2 charges of infernal healing if available please Gratus.

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

6 Charges of Inf Heal, last mission - won't be needing that wand after this

"It is quite surprising to see you so...healthy. We were informed you would be buried with a substantial number of golem soldiers, and it was intended that we seek entrance to this place in a more archaeological sense. Our mission was to study the golems and record history, it seems that rather than simply study the artefacts contained here we could just have you accompany us to provide first-hand source information. If you do not wish to do so, the collected artefacts in this room could be left as they are with perhaps some explanatory notes? What you can tell us of this city, a map perhaps, showing the entrances..."

"You have been here a long time, the world has changed significantly. There is a benefit in us working together"

I'm assuming that intelligent undead/necromancy doesn't upset the Hellknight applecart, and though I'm good, the Pathfinder Society has historically worked with intelligent undead & necromancers before. Also happy enough to stick her on the end of a Halberd if push comes to shove and she wants to fight

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

Any charges of Infernal healing beyond what Svetlana offers, I can help with.

"Indeed there are benefits to working with us. Do consider our offer."

Aid Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Dark Archive

Nigel does not recognize exactly what the woman is though the interior of this room is crammed with leftover, long-spoiled alchemical and arcane reagents.

DC 25 Knowledge Arcana:
These are materials used in a ritual to become a lich.

Drokk wrote:
Give us control of your golems. That is the boon we request of you."

"Yes, you seem to know me. I am Imperantrix Severina Helsprex. I simply wish to be done with this place. Beyond that I have no specific intentions beyond my freedom. I can give you the baton of control for the golems."

Svetlana wrote:
"It is quite surprising to see you so...healthy. We were informed you would be buried with a substantial number of golem soldiers, and it was intended that we seek entrance to this place in a more archaeological sense.

"I've been here for millennia, my only reason for existing is to keep this place from falling apart. My time is finished. I wish to see the world I left behind. I presume you came for some knowledge kept by my people. I have no reason to deny you if you just let me out of this place."

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

"So be it. Your presumption is correct, we came for knowledge. I have no intention of stopping you leaving, we are not vagabonds and lawless villains. The world has changed in that millenia, you would do well to seek out the Pathfinder Society, they welcome all of those who wish to co-operate and share information"

Svetlana looks to he comrades.

Happy with that, can we check anything she's planning on leaving with so the McGuffin of secret door control doesn't go wandering? Can't help think that this is a 'gotcha' moment as she is too keen just to wander off - then again it could be a Beacon Below moment too where it is mostly legit

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

Having played and run this, I'm leaving it to those who haven't to decide.

Gratus nods at Svetlana indicating he would agree with her decision in this.

Dark Archive

active effects:
more effects:
M Half Orc Fighter 1 (unbreakable) / Alchemist 10 (beastmorph) | Current AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | HP 92/92 | F +16 R +13 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +14/16 darkvision 60'

know.arcana: 1d20 + 16 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 16 + 2 - 1 = 27

A lich. Of course. I should like very much to study her process and reagents!

"If you leave, Imperantrix, what becomes of Rachikan? Will it persist? How long before it crumbles to dust? We should like an opportunity for further study, although there could be no greater source of such knowledge than yourself. Perhaps you would consider working with us, and our associates, for mutual gain? It would be a terrible loss if you should fade away now, when you have accomplished so much."

Drokk auto-passes a dc25 knowledge (arcana) check to recruit the Imperantrix to the Dark Archive, by taking 10.

Dark Archive

"Rachikan will continue to stand. I do not hold all of this aloft on my own. I am not nearly that powerful. It should persist far beyond your lives." She seems to take in the offer from Drokk. "Perhaps. I would need some time to dwell on this but it does sound promising."

Severina grabs a dusty old spellbook and what appears to be another manual from the bookshelf. It is a Jistkan golem manual. "This is all I ask to part with. The golems and the rest in here is yours."

So far we have 2 for allowing her to pass freely. Giving Karzug and Drokk the chance to speak on their own decisions as well.

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

Obviously wants the golem manual to 'start over' somewhere else, and personal spellbook - can't see an issue. Happy with that

Dark Archive

active effects:
more effects:
M Half Orc Fighter 1 (unbreakable) / Alchemist 10 (beastmorph) | Current AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | HP 92/92 | F +16 R +13 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +14/16 darkvision 60'

"I should be most interested to study your formulae, by your leave, Imperantrix. Whilst I do not seek to become what you are, my own research suggests that it is possible to achieve an 'inbetween' state via the consumption of certain alchemical preparations. I am close to perfecting the process. I would be delighted to show you how the feat is accomplished, should you agree to share knowledge..."

Drokk looks hopefully towards the ancient tome and its owner.

Her reply doesn't change Drokk's decision to bargain with her though.

Dark Archive

"monkey" (magical beast) tumour familiar (sage) 10 | AC 16 T 14 FF 14 | HP 46/46 | F +9 R +9 W +4 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +5 lowlight vision

"Eee-eeek ook-ok-ok-ooook ooook eek!"

familiar speak with master:
Yes, yes! We should definitely get a look at that spellbook! Look at the size of it, the age! If it's Jistkan it may hold lost formulae not obtainable anywhere else!

Nigel jumps up and down on Drokk's shoulder, barely able to contain his excitement.

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

Svetlana shrugs "It seems we are in general favour of you setting off to explore the world. We only ask to examine your books, pore over tomes, know what we can of this place and its arcane lore"

Svetlana has no issue with the creature, unless it has signs it has thrown its lot in with demons.

Dark Archive

"My divinations have shown me that my empire is no more. I have no need to protect these secrets as I have for so long."

While most are comfortable with the deal or her unfathomable motives, she moves to uphold her end of the deal.

"THIS is the baton." She motions to the numerous shelves. "The books are fragile, but should satisfy your curiousity."

Indeed the books look too delicate to take at this point. A cursory look leaves you confident that a mending spell would do the trick (or a Make Whole.)

Finally she sighs, which is a macabre gesture as no air passes through her mouth. "I appreciate this not ending in violence."

With that she begins the words of a spell. Before she even finishes the first few, she vanishes from existence.

Getting the golems out, however, is another task. They're too big to put through the door...

As you ponder your next move, a disembodied voice speaks to you, "The secret is in the obelisk."

Looking over the black obelisk you see a slot for a crystal that appears to be missing. this must be what powers the obelisk. Looking all over the chamber you don't see one, though you faintly remember seeing a blackened crystal hanging around Agajprak's neck outside.

Dark Archive

active effects:
more effects:
M Half Orc Fighter 1 (unbreakable) / Alchemist 10 (beastmorph) | Current AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | HP 92/92 | F +16 R +13 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +14/16 darkvision 60'

"Fascinating... so much knowledge. We must make the necessary repairs! We must study these materials and reagents! We have a couple of days, do we not? As for the crystal, Bogipfen promised us an amulet - is that what we need?"

I think we can stick around a day so that our clerics can prepare Make Whole spells? Failing that, we can use a Prestige Point spellcasting service. Make Whole would be 1PP, plus 5PP more if we are not in a settlement of at least 5000: would the morlock population of Rachikan count for this? ;)

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

Dark Archive is probably up for having an undead sage friend

"Hmm, perhaps the crystal on Agajprak's neck?"

Svetlana wanders back to retrieve it.

Dark Archive

active effects:
more effects:
M Half Orc Fighter 1 (unbreakable) / Alchemist 10 (beastmorph) | Current AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | HP 92/92 | F +16 R +13 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +14/16 darkvision 60'
'Hellion' Svetlana Irriseni wrote:
Dark Archive is probably up for having an undead sage friend

Scarab Sages have one, we gotta have one too!

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

You betcha! Can't let those potatoes have something cooler than us!

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

We must have them all....
I'm fine with preparing he necessary spells.

Dark Archive

Yes, you have that time.

As Svetlana approaches Agajprak asking about his necklace he clutches it tightly. "Mine! Yours for....2,500 gold."

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

Of course, the only magic macguffin is held by our ally who turns all 'commercial interests' on us forcing us into another moral dilemma :p

Svetlana looks incredulously at the Morlock.

Dark Archive

active effects:
more effects:
M Half Orc Fighter 1 (unbreakable) / Alchemist 10 (beastmorph) | Current AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | HP 92/92 | F +16 R +13 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +14/16 darkvision 60'

When Svetlana does not quickly return with the crystal, Drokk goes to investigate...

"What is this? Agajprak? Does your inferior morlock mind not grasp the reality of your situation? We Hellknights have saved you from bondage to demons. We have liberated your people. You are in our debt. We have mastered the behemoth golem and won the Imperantrix's favour. Rachikan is ours now! Accept this fact, morlock. Do not make enemies of us, but rather do your utmost to gain our favour. Count yourself an ally by cooperating with my Sister here. Do not think to make demands!"

intimidate: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 2 = 23

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

Ha ha ha ha. Such is an adventurer's life.

Dark Archive

The morlock visibly shakes but clutches the crystal tightly. "Mine. Gold or you find own or other way!" The morlock points towards the dark labyrinth of tunnels.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-12 Male Half Orc Signifier 10 HP: 85/85| AC: 22/13/21 | Fort: +10| Ref: +4| Will: +9| Init: +2| Perc: +3| CMB: +11| CMD: 22|Halberd +3: +15;1d10+8|L.Bow:+8;1d8|Hand:+11;1d10+6 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -3| App: +1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-3| Dip: +7| Heal: +6| Inti: +11| K.(Arc/Dun/Eng/His/Reli):+6|K.(Planes):+9|Linguis:+9|Ride:-6| SM: +9| Spell:+9| Stealth: -6| Sur: +6|
Channel 5d6 6/day DC 17

I could attempt Charm Person though at a low DC of 12. if the party wishes.

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK6 - HP115/115 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMD30 F:+13 R:+9: W+7/ Percept+12 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

"Are you suggesting there are more of these crystals?"

Grand Lodge

Male LG Half-Orc Cleric 5 / Hellknight Signifier 3 | HP 50/59 | AC 26 T 12 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +10, R: +6, W: +12 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Enlarge: 6/6, Channel Energy: 4/4 | Active conditions: Barkskin +3

"Karzug have no problem pay him for necklace. Better to not fight any more. So much fighting." Karzug shakes his head.

Dark Archive

the morlock laughs. "Of course more crystal. Take days to find. You think this only one?"

Dark Archive

After two whole days of poking around in the caves Svetlana finally comes across another crystal that should work. Inserting the power crystal into the black obelisk creates a touch teleportation effect large enough to easily transport the golems through. It won't work over a long distance, but you're confident it will get you (and the golems) to the ship awaiting your return.

Venture-Captain Calisro Benarry greats your first arrival with surprise (even drawing her blade a bit.) When she realizes it's you, she swears for a solid 30 seconds before getting your story. From there she helps you to load and transport the golems to the Grand Lodge. She sports a wide grin during the return trip, often descending into the cargo hold of her ship just to stare in amazement and wonder.

The fate of Rachikan is once more left to its native morlocks, who welcome the departure of the Pathfinders and Chelish explorers from the morlocks’ ruined city.

Allowing the one-time ruler Severina Helsprex to escape, you have unleashed a powerful, evil force upon the world—one that you may meet again.

Dark Archive

Awesome job guys! I will work on getting chronicles out to you ASAP. Now is a good time for any day job rolls if you have them.

Dark Archive

active effects:
more effects:
M Half Orc Fighter 1 (unbreakable) / Alchemist 10 (beastmorph) | Current AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | HP 92/92 | F +16 R +13 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +14/16 darkvision 60'

Thanks for finishing thiis run with us GM! Did we also have time to close off the accesses to Rachikan per Zarta’s request, and save Heldprex’s library?

Dark Archive

You had time to save the library but not close off the accesses while leaving one open. You were supposed to essentially question each of the morlock leaders into closing out a pair of passages. Securing the assistance of Bogipfen and Primo Ambusta in order to seal Rachikan. In addition, they must convince Marianix Karn to share the location of another secret entrance into Rachikan. Tried to give you guys a cough cough / nudge nudge into it here (link) When you had everyone gathered once again as a last ditch effort to bring it up.

Dark Archive

active effects:
more effects:
M Half Orc Fighter 1 (unbreakable) / Alchemist 10 (beastmorph) | Current AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | HP 92/92 | F +16 R +13 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +14/16 darkvision 60'

Ah, I was expecting to see some kind of engineering shenanigans. Talking to the morlocks makes sense given their aversion to surface-dwellers. Spent so long fighting damn morlocks in this trilogy when they turned into allies I didn't really give them much consideration.

Thanks again for running, and rescuing us GM! Hope GMG is doing alright.

See you around fellow Hellknights! "Judgement in the face of depravity!"

Grand Lodge

Male LG Half-Orc Cleric 5 / Hellknight Signifier 3 | HP 50/59 | AC 26 T 12 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +10, R: +6, W: +12 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Enlarge: 6/6, Channel Energy: 4/4 | Active conditions: Barkskin +3

So when Karzug get to marry Blakros lady now that he hellknight?

801 to 838 of 838 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMG's PBP: Series of the Fiend - gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.