GMF's Shattered Star

Game Master Fanguar

Current map Guiltspur Outside
Jubbek's Halls


151 to 182 of 182 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

The man calling himself sweats under the heavy cloak his friend Clem has forced him to wear.

"Why I'm wearing this? And the hat? Is very hot and will get in my way if we get in fight. Who we meeting here again? What did the note say?"

Things were easier when I was a bodyguard for my mom.


Here is my submission for the Dwarven group.

Kazador Brotinn:

Kazador Brotinn
Male Dwarf Barbarian (Drunken Brute) 1
CG Medium Humanoid (dwarf)
Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +0
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 20 (+6 armor, +2 shield, +1 Dex, +1 trait, +1 Natural AC)
hp 15 (1d12+3)
Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +0; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities
Defensive Abilities defensive training
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 20 ft.
Melee: Dwarven Double Waraxe +4 (1d10+3/x3) This hefty waraxe is similar to the common dwarven waraxe, but its recurved blade spans forward and back from its head like a deadly butterfly. A dwarven double waraxe grants a +1 bonus on all attack rolls after the first when using Cleave or Great Cleave.
Ranged: Sling +2 (1d4+3/×2) 50 ft.

--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 16, Dex 13, Con 16, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 6
Base Atk +1; CMB +4; CMD 14 (18 vs. Bull Rush, 18 vs. Trip)
Feats:Ironhide (+1 Natural AC)
Traits: Exchange Agent (bonus language, +1 Know Geography), Defender of the Society (+1 Ac while in Medium or Heavy Armor)
Class Skills (4+Int)Acrobatics (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Perception (Wis), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str). *Knowledge History, * Knowledge Geography
Trained Skills:Climb (1 Rank) +7, Perception (1 Rank) +4, Knowledge History (1 Rank) +4/+6, Knowledge Geography (1 Rank) +5
Languages:Dwarven, Common, Giant
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------

Rage (Ex): A barbarian can call upon inner reserves of strength and ferocity, granting her additional combat prowess. Starting at 1st level, a barbarian can rage for a number of rounds per day equal to 4 + her Constitution modifier. At each level after 1st, she can rage for 2 additional rounds. Temporary increases to Constitution, such as those gained from rage and spells like bear's endurance, do not increase the total number of rounds that a barbarian can rage per day. A barbarian can enter rage as a free action. The total number of rounds of rage per day is renewed after resting for 8 hours, although these hours do not need to be consecutive.

While in rage, a barbarian gains a +4 morale bonus to her Strength and Constitution, as well as a +2 morale bonus on Will saves. In addition, she takes a –2 penalty to Armor Class. The increase to Constitution grants the barbarian 2 hit points per Hit Dice, but these disappear when the rage ends and are not lost first like temporary hit points. While in rage, a barbarian cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.

A barbarian can end her rage as a free action and is fatigued after rage for a number of rounds equal to 2 times the number of rounds spent in the rage. A barbarian cannot enter a new rage while fatigued or exhausted but can otherwise enter rage multiple times during a single encounter or combat. If a barbarian falls unconscious, her rage immediately ends, placing her in peril of death.

Raging Drunk (Ex): While raging, the drunken brute can drink a potion, or a tankard of ale or similar quantity of alcohol, as a move action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. A potion has its normal effect, while an alcoholic drink allows the barbarian to maintain her rage that round without expending a round of rage for the day (instead of the alcohol's normal effects). For each alcoholic drink consumed while raging, the barbarian is nauseated for 1 round when her rage expires, in addition to the normal fatigue that follows a rage. Tireless rage does not negate this nauseated condition but the internal fortitude rage power does. This ability replaces fast movement.

Slow and Steady: Your base speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
Darkvision: 60' ability to see in darkness
Defensive Training: +4 Gain a dodge bonus to AC vs monsters of the Giant subtype.
Hardy: +2 Gain a racial bonus to saves vs Poison, Spells and Spell-Like effects.
Giant Hunter: Dwarves with this racial trait gain a +1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoids with the giant subtype. Furthermore, they gain a +2 bonus on Survival checks to find and follow tracks made by humanoids with the giant subtype. This racial trait replaces the hatred racial trait.
Lorekeeper: +2 for Knowledge (History) checks relating to dwarves and their enemies. These checks can be made untrained.
Stability: +4 Gain bonus to CMD vs bull rush/trip while standing on ground.
Rock Stepper: Dwarves with this racial trait can skillfully negotiate rocky terrain. They can ignore difficult terrain created by rubble, broken ground, or steep stairs when they take a 5-foot step. This racial trait replaces stonecunning.
Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves are proficient with battleaxes, heavy picks, and warhammers, and treat any weapon with the word "dwarven" in its name as a martial weapon.
-----------------------------
Favored Class: Barbarian
Level 1: +1 Rage rounds per day.
-----------------------------
Gear
Four-Mirror Armor
Double Dwarven Waraxe
Heavy Wooden Shield
Sling
Dwarven Stout
Dwarven Trail rations
Haggis

[spoiler=Brief History]
Work in progress. If picked, will create a alias specific to this character.


Dang it. Paizo swallowed my history post.

Supper short version: Kazador grew up in a small settlement consisting of roughly ten dwarven clans. His father, Kazagorn, was something of a warmonger and encouraged his son to take up the role of a warrior. Kazagorn dreamed of a day when the dwarves would rule from on high like they had when they first completed the great quest for the sky. Kazador never flitched from violence or fighting and at a young age with his father's axe he began his Gladdringgar. He ventured deep beneath the earth and carved his name along the walls of an old dwarven outpost abandoned centuries ago. When he returned home, the settlement was in ruins. When he was gone, an army of giants attacked and in the battle many, both giants and dwarves, had died. The giants eventually retreated, but the damage had been done. While some had survived, his clan did not. His father fought to the end, not one to retreat.

Despair and rage claimed Kazador. He fell into a life of drunkeness. He traveled from town to town, bar to bar, doing odd jobs to pay for the next drink. Eventually a pathfinder shared a drink with him. That turned into another and another and in the end the story of Kazadors past came out. The pathfinder made Kazador a deal. Kazador would join the society and aid them when called upon and in exchange, he would receive pay and the promise of any information relating to the giants that murdered Kazador's clan. Kazador agreed.

While not the most reliable or upstanding member of the society, Kazador never the less serves when called upon and often acts as muscle when the society is in a pinch.


So 3/4 in the dwarves group.

Grumil - cleric
Kazador - barbarian
Arto - ranger

Just need one more fellow dwarf to round things off!


More magic would be nice.


Complete Parties:
Elf n Human:
Gregory Paltaris-1/2 Elf Ranger
Oberst 1/2 elf Bard
Denlin Longarm Human Barbarian
Esther Pennycoat Human Cleric (made a few minor change to domain)

Partial Parties:
Drawf Group:
Grumil (cleric)
Kazador (barbarian)
Artor (ranger)

Outcast Group:
Noya (Paladin)
Snaz (Rogue)

Floating
Bibic (Bard)
Spasi Gaten (Sorcerer)
Etheria (Rogue)

Complete PCs with alias:
Noya Aurora Evangeline Bridget (Paladin)
Grumil Handerfull (monk)
Artor (ranger)
Gregory Paltaris (Ranger)
Denlin Longarm(Barbarian)
Bibic (Bard)
Spasi Gaten (Sorcerer)

Complete PCs without alias:
Swivel (Alchemist)
Sznas (Rogue)
Etheria (Rogue)

Sorry if I missed something or someone

Grand Lodge

yup you missed Ester Pennycoat in the complete pc's..

her crunch is on this forum


Dwarven Inquisitor, Druid, Wizard, or Alchemist would all be a fine addition.


Clement smiled at Rhesus, his brilliant teeth reflecting what little light reached beyond the Irespan into the Shadow below.

"It might get cold later, or this might be some Pathfindery mission where we need to delve into the sewers. There could be rats. Rats!"

Clement stepped up and adjusted the oversized hat his friend, the hero, was wearing.

"If there's rats, you could catch filth fever, the shakes, or... worse. And, Korada would never forgive me if you fell ill before we even met the others from this note."

Clement adjusted his own cloak, one he selected to match the exact color of Rhesus' cloak - something that was not a trivial task once he realized the dye lot was different. It took an hour of arguing and a week of waiting, but the cloaks matched exactly, and for that Clement was thankful his prayers to Arshea were answered.

Four There Were:

Clement, Rhesus, Bibic and Spasi are a team submission.


The cloaked man turns around in the shadow of the clock tower.

"Hey you two. You Spasi and Bibic? Me and Clem are supposed to meet you here."

"Bah, you worry too much. Filth fever!"


Clem waved his hands frantically, attempting to get his hero's attention.

Whispering loudly, he reached out to touch his friend's hat, but instead settled for urgent gestures.

"The hat! The hat! Tilt it down... yes, like that!"

Clem let out a sound not unlike a goose laying an oversized egg.

"Ohhh-hooo! Yes, now you look fierce! Even the Sczarni would tremble and shower you with cookies and goat's milk should you climb down their chimneys during the Winter Feast."

Wide-eyed, Clem stared at the horizon, dreaming of goat's milk showers and wondering if he'd have the chance to see another angel today.


GM Fanguar, we humbly suggest the following group for your campaign.

Bibic an elven archer with a greater knowledge of the world around him.
Spasi Gaten a fidgety Taldan arcanist.
Rhesus Ghawn an imposing Shoanti warrior running from his own name.
Clement Twice Born a fair haired Aasimar healer and fierce protecter of Rhesus.

We are loyal company men all and ready to undertake another mission on behalf of the Pathfinders to delve deeply under Magnimar.


Bibic, Clem, Rhesus, & Spasi...let there be games afoot.

Spasi drops the note in his hand, so startled that he had missed the approaching men.

Reaching down to pick up the note, Spasi takes a moment to collect his thoughts.

"You know the Toffitt? He sent you?" Spasi asks, certain now that his note and their notes might be similar.

Confident in their answers, Spasi continues. "I'd shake your hand but you don't know where I've been," Spasi says with a laugh, still wondering when his jungle tan & mosquito blisters would fade.

"What are your names again? Which one of you is Clem? And Bibic? And your name? You, the big one? Who are you?"


"I am Bibic, and you are? My note was not specific as to names unfortunately - just location and number - and yes, the note came from Toffitt." Bibic grins at seeing the others.

At least we're all here and just in time. Perhaps we'll be lucky this time after all?

"So, shall we head to the pub to get acquainted, or did someone manage a flask? I myself am quite parched and failed to prepare the proper liquid refreshment for the journey."


Complete Parties:
Half-Elf n Human:
Gregory Paltaris-1/2 Elf Ranger
Oberst 1/2 elf Bard
Denlin Longarm Human Barbarian
Esther Pennycoat Human Cleric (made a few minor change to domain)

Second Party
Bibic (Bard)
Spasi (Sorcerer)
Rhesus Ghawn (Barbarian)
Clement Twice Born (Oracle)

Partial Parties:
Drawf Group:
Grumil (cleric)
Kazador (barbarian)
Artor (ranger)

Outcast Group:
Noya (Paladin)
Snaz (Rogue)

Floating
Etheria (Rogue)

Complete PCs with alias:
Noya Aurora Evangeline Bridget (Paladin)
Grumil Handerfull (monk)
Artor (ranger)
Gregory Paltaris (Ranger)
Denlin Longarm(Barbarian)
Bibic (Bard)
Spasi Gaten (Sorcerer)

Complete PCs without alias:
Swivel (Alchemist)
Ester Pennycoat (Cleric)
Sznas (Rogue)
Etheria (Rogue)

Sorry if I missed something or someone


Gregory shook his head and sighed at the sight of what appeared to be an Aasimar further down the street, fawning at a large man with a rediculous hat. He was so much more than a simple human, yet he bowed and scraped like a groveling sycophant.

Reaching up a hand to scratch at the ruined half of his face, he chuckled to himself before snorting loudly and spitting a glob of pleghm on the ground.

"That was you a couple of years ago Gregory." he mumbled to himself. "With any luck, in time this fool too will learn like I have, that mixed blood makes you stronger. That their roles should be reversed."

Grabbing the edges of his large leather coat, he waved the fabric back and forth in an effort to air out its confines. He would have to stick to the shadows, or risk getting baked in the opressive mid day sun. He stopped scratching at the dark leathery skin of his face, instead touching it gently as he remembered how he got it.

"Heh, from the fire into the frying pan."

Wooh, piggybacking, awh yeah!


Clem moves to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Spasi, oblivious to the bites and scars on the man's arms and neck.

His eyes scan Rhesus from toe to hat and back, as if standing next to Spasi would give him a completely different picture than standing a mere four feet further to the left.

"Impressive, right? Did you see that Earth-Breaker on his back?"

Nodding, the sparkly eyed man adds.

"It. breaks. Earth."

"Literally!"

His attention reluctantly yields its vise-like grip on Rhesus to focus on Bibic at the mention of the group's mysterious benefactor.

"Did you say, Toffitt? Is that what this paper says?"

Rummaging through a pocket, Clem produces a crumpled, stained paper and unfolds it.

"I thought it said, Toottiii... the o's loopy, the f's look like t's and the t's look like i's... I swear it's like a doctor wrote this note."

Doctor Toffitt? Sounds like a candied treat I once had on my way through Whistledown. Those crazy gnomes...


Welcome and come play, Gregory. :)

Spasi looks Bibic up and down before nodding, but not yet offering hand.

"Niza púrpura al mono enfrentará lavavajillas ti," Spasi says with a smile, pleased to test his command of the Pathfinder language with someone other than the polyglots of his last mission.

Heavily Accented and Imperfect Grand Lodge Slang:

"Nice purple to monkey meet dishwasher you."

Switching back to Common, Spasi smiles and accepts Bibic's offer of drink.

"Yes, we should go. You all should come too," Spasi says more loudly than intended as his excitable nature gets the best of his vocal chords. Looking at you, Gregory.

* * *
As Clem moves unexpectedly close, Spasi takes a defensive step back before recovering and allowing his ample personal space to be invaded. He does follow Clem's directions to admire the Earth Breaker on Rhesus' back.

"Breaks earth? Like elementals? Or mudmen? That is impressive," Spasi whistles with forced appreciation, not willing to offend his new comrades in the least.

"Yeah, Toffitt. That's what the note says. I never met the man, but it it said that he's more mummy than man...an alchemical abomination that is only half alive! Rumors, I'm sure..." Spasi confirmed.

"So...time to drink?"

Spasi turns to follow Bibic.

"So...Clem...how did you find yourself in the company of Rhesus? You seem very....uh...'attached'...to him, not that there is anything wrong with that, of course, but you seem to be really good friends."


Zomg, a formal invitation!

Gregory sighed audibly as one of the members of the small nearby group adressed him "Wishful thinking never got you anywhere Gregory...if it did, it sure wouldnt be this place."

Digging into his pocket, he retrieved the note, looking at it accusingly, as if the very paper was to blame for the company he was doomed to keep "What were you expecting? That maybe there was gonna be another group of people meeting here waving notes around about something related to your own...fat chance!"

Then again, he was thirsty after all. With any luck, these buffoons would be all too happy to do the buying "Even overly friendly people have their uses."

He smirked, pushed off the wall he was leaning on, and followed the others, keeping a solid 10 yards behind them.

Clement, you wouldnt happen to be an Order of the Stick reader would you?


Bibic leads the others to the nearest pub and takes a round of orders.

I hope I'm not the leader now. I don't want to be in charge of this rabble!

Bibic sits with the others, eyeing them carefully. He drinks well, but never seems to relax, always thinking, processing, trying to figure out what to do next. He doesn't want to push, but he must always pull a little.

And who is this fifth man? Our note says nothing about him. I wonder if that Spasi will be inviting the whole town next! Still, what's done is done, he's with us now - might as well make the best of it.

He turns to the newcomer and asks, "So, sir. From where do you hail and how did it come that you were under that bridge just now?"


Gregory looked at the one called Bibic over the edge of his mug, annoyed at the interuption. He enjoyed drinking his mead in long drawn out sips, taking in the flavour and smell of the brew. Being questioned had broken his reverie.

Putting down the mug and wiping his chin on his sleeve, he eyed the man grumpily with his good eye. The other eye simply continued to stare into empty space its glossy white surface devoid of pupil or emotion. When he finally spoke, only the left side of his face moved, the right side a tangled mass of scar tissue, darkened skin stretched tight enough to reveal the shape of his skull underneath.

"Hmm, noone had the presence of mind to inform me that I was trespassing on private property. You must be the owner of that bridge then?"

The sarcasm was given but a moment to hang thick in the air between them. Reaching inside his jacket, he retrieved a peice of paper. It was neatly and tightly folded, covering no more than a third of his palm. Flicking it through the air to land on the table in front of Bibic, he continued.

"Stopped by the Lodge a few days ago and got handed that. References a certain Toffitt, that bridge and a date."

He glared at Clement with a displeased scowl.

"Not that one would need to aquire such a letter to find that out, the way Dog Boy here was yapping away about it. Truth be told, what ive seen so far of you lot, im not pleased. But then again, I rarely am."

Grabbing his mug again, he raised it towards his lips, but stopped short mere inches from connecting. Lowering it enough to speak again, he added:

"And where I hail from aint none of your business. Give me a reason to trust you and I might tell you....some day...but probably not."


Doh, was hoping to get with Bibic. I'll just join whichever group is left then, because like I said, I'm happy with whatever.

Being picked last though, reminds me of school. Ha!

Ester and Swivel - Care to partner up? :)

As for my Alias, I tend not to create them unless I'm picked now, because I have a lot, just from previous applications (failed and succeeded), so I try not to clog my alias page up.

I can keep copy and pasting the build as you need though, happily.

Shadow Lodge

The door of the Pub swings open and a dirty man in battered armor with a earth breaker strapped to his back steps in a little furtively. He glances around and his eyes light up after falling upon Gregory.

"Gregory! I just saw you entering here. I was wondering what that urchin was talking about when he told me to head this way and gave me these markings." He holds up a crushed piece of paper "Something about some money? Toffing some-thing? I didn't really get the details. I figured it had something worth hammering, or..."

At this point he notices the other men gathered near Gregory and grins fiercely. "Always glad to meet a friend of Gregory's, or friends, as it appears. Denlin, Denlin Longarm is my name. Well met new friends!"

He finally notices the Earth Breaker next to the cloaked fellow. "Why do you carry such a large hammer friend? I've not seen many of those since arriving in this city. Though I doubt yours has the heritage that mine does. It's a wind clan family heirloom!" He laughs heartily.

Just jumping on the bandwagon, couldn't leave my party mate all alone now!


Welcome Denlin!

Spasi rises to find a chair for the newcomer, clearly a friend of someone, but not sure whom.

There was no Denlin in my note. Maybe this is a test. Hmm...aren't Pathfinders good at tests and riddles?

"Debería pala gelatina debajo de mis pantalones y encontrar silla para usted, Buttercheeks."

Painfully Bad Grand Lodge Slang:

"I should find chair for you."

Spasi rises to find a chair for his new Pathfinder friend.

"Tell me Denlin, did you go through the Academny or did you get a Field Commission?"


"Huh? Yeah, it breaks earth. Breaks lots of things."

The giant of a man shifts uncomfortably in his cloak.

It's too hot.

"Let's go then, Clem stop, you're like a mother hen."

*************************

"Clem was in trouble and I helped him out. Nothing fancy. How'd you find yourself working for Toffitt? You know how he got put in that wheeled chair of his?"


And then suddenly, the thread exploded into RP...

Ok folks, recruitment is closed. I'll be digging through what you guys came up with and I'll make my decision tomorrow. I'll be contacting the lucky group by PM, so if you haven't received anything in your inbox in the next 24hrs, better luck next time.

As a consolation prize, I am in the market for 1-2 replacement characters for an age of worms campaign I'm running (other PCs are a paladin, an alchemist and a life oracle.) 2nd level, 25pt buy, core and APG only. No summoners. If that's something you you might be interested in, feel free to post a character in this thread.

Also, thanks AZ for collecting and posting the list of submissions.


Spasi wrote:
"Debería pala gelatina debajo de mis pantalones y encontrar silla para usted, Buttercheeks."

LOL "Buttercheeks"

Grand Lodge

well if thalrick, or Jello, or utarah are ok well i am game for fanguar's age of worm

i would play a samsaran Hedge witch (to fill arcane slot)

Grand Lodge

ok here she is:

Esmerelda Zaraki

Female Samsaran Hedge Witch

Witch 2
Init +2; Senses Perception +1, Low-light Vision
==DEFENSE==
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 dex)
hp 8 (2d6+2)
SR 0
Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4
Defensive Abilities Lifebound (PFCaS: DrEG)
==OFFENSE==
Spd 30 ft/x4
==STATISTICS==
Str 8, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 20, Wis 12, Cha 10
BAB +1, CMB +0, CMD +12
Feats Extra Hex (Healing)
Skills Knowledge (arcana) +10, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +6, Knowledge (history) +9, Knowledge (local) +6, Knowledge (nature) +10, Knowledge (religion) +10, Knowledge (planes) +10, Spellcraft +10, Use Magic Device +5
SU Empathic Healing (PFUM 85), Spontaneous Healing (PFUM 85), Cackle (PFAPG 66), Misfortune (PFAPG 66)
MC Witch Cantrips (PFAPG 65 - 66) Patron
Traits Child of the Temple (Faith) (PFAPG 328), Desperate Focus (Magic) (PFCo: CEoD 19)
Languages Auran, Draconic, Samsaran, Terran, Thassilonian, Tien
Racial Mystic Past lives

Quick question DM fanguard
Hp?, Cash,?


I've been accepted into a different Shattered Star game and thus have to bow out here. Thank you for your consideration!

Grand Lodge

good luck to the party that got chosen


It looks like our dwarf group couldn't find a fourth in time. :(

151 to 182 of 182 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / Recruitment for Shattered Star AP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.