GM Fanguar's Savage Tide (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

High adventure on the high seas.
Current Map


851 to 900 of 2,578 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified looks worried at the prospect of the fire. Hmm. Perhaps I have forgotten the story line. Were we expecting anything like this?


retired

"I'm going to be very unhappy if, after all this trouble, Vanthus is in that blaze." With a grunt, Graythan stands and begins to search about for a path down the bluff to the beach below.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


@Justified: Not at all. You knew that Vanthus was going to try to rob some pirates, that's all. Chapter two kicks up the intrigue and puts us on the path to discovering the true villain of this AP.

Graythan finds a trail that leads down the cliff. Off of the beach, you find a shoreline walkway was been build leading towards the heart of the conflagration.

Map updated

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Leading the way into the conflagration Justified says lets see how far we can get before we start getting singed.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira stares in awe at the flares. "Amazing"
She then follows her leader.


retired

Graythan readies his crossbow and follows suit as well. "I wonder if these flames mean Vanthus' plan worked, or if they mean everything went sideways on him. Either way, we're sure to run into some unhappy people."


Heading along the shore line, the rickety wooden walkway creaks ominously. Even at this distance the heat coming off of the burning ships is intense. Only one vessel remains free of the flames, a massive three-masted caravel stands anchored in the harbour. Her sails are decorated with stylized figure of a wyvern; its tail raised over its back as though ready to strike its enemies. It's figurehead, powerful wyvern, its wings unfurled, crouches at the prow.

As you make your way towards the beach, you hear a mighty groan, followed by a loud whip-cracks, as one of the flaming ships snaps its moorings and begins to drift towards the cliff side and your position. With some quick footwork, you are able to out run the danger, but can only gap in awe and horror as the mighty vessel slams into the walkway and cliff.

Making your way to the end of what remains of the walkway, you find a fifty-foot-wide beach that separates the burning waters of Kraken'sCove from the cliffs to the north. A ten-foot-wide cave opens at the base of the cliff to the northwest, while to the northeast several planks provide a crude bridge across a tide pool to a second, smaller cave entrance .

Swaths of blood and ragged body parts strewn across the beach, testifying to a terrible and recent battle upon the sands here. Broken crates and bamboo cages litter the area, blood and bits of bone sprayed across bolts of silk and cracked barrels of ambergris seeping into the coarse, rocky sand. A number of mangled corpses, each stripped nearly clean of flesh and bones cracked open, lie strewn about the beach. The casualties are staggering, with a quick count putting the dead at nearly twenty.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

By the gods! There was treachery and butchery here and recently. Give me a second to look at the tracks.

Survival looking at battle: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Survival in front of bridge: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Survival in front of bridge: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira begins to look for any signs of tracks going away from the battle.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

+2 on the above rolls if she can get any assistance.


retired

Graythan turns his head at the slaughter and the smell of blood in the sand and smoke. As the others root about looking at the ground, he keeps his eyes up as they move across the small, blasted beach. "This was no mere battle or ambush. Some of those corpses have had nearly all the flesh rent from their bones." His words are cool and even despite their gravity. "Be wary, all of you."

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


The beach is a chaotic mess. It is impossible to determine the flow of the battle, but you can tell that whatever the cause, the fighting erupted seemingly everywhere at once.

While poking about, you catching sight of something approaching through the smoke. It may have once been a man, but now its grey skin, strangely flopping arms and legs, and the vacant-eyed vestigial head hanging from its neck make the creature anything but. Yet perhaps worst of all is the creature's mouth, a cavernous wound in its twisted face filled with a twisting landscape of teeth, a mouth designed for one thing only-the tearing of flesh from the bone. In your horror, you see that is is not alone, as another of the creatures lumbers in the first's wake.

Initiative rolls:

Justified: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Graythan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Rast: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Moira: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Enemy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Combat round 1
22 Justified
22 Baddies
18 Rast
11 Moira
10 Graythan

Map updated. Each square is technically 10ft, but we can hand wave a bit. Lots of room to maneuver. Justified is up.

SAVAGE PIRATE:

CR2 Maleand female savage human rogue 1
CEMedium humanoid (chaotic)
Init+6; Senses darkvision 60 ft
Languages Common
AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15
hp 10/10, 10/10 ferocity; DR S/magic
Immune disease, exhaustion, fatigue, mind-affecting, stunning, pain
Resist acid 10
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1 Weakness affl icted
Spd 40ft. Melee scimitar+3(ld6+3/18-20) and bite-2 (ld8+plus disease[DC14))
Base Atk +0; Grp +4
Atk Options sneak attack+ld6

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified calls out a warning to his friends moves up and attempts to cut down the flat footed creature before he has a chance to prepare. Power Attack using Furious Focus.

Some kind of undead!

knowledge Religion to identify the creatures: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

+1 glaive-guisarme: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 281d10 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 162d10 + 18 ⇒ (7, 8) + 18 = 33 If the 16 confirms on the flat footed creature that is 48 points of slashing magic damage. :)


Justified hustles forward and runs the horrible creature through. Some horrible vitality courses through the creature and it dies slow, its gnashing teeth desperately trying to reach Justified. As you watch in horror, its flesh begins to sag and it erupts in a burst of acidic ooze that coats the sand with a sizzle, leaving only a pile of bones and gear behind.

The other creature makes a dash for Justified:

Acro: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 AoO for Justified

SAVAGE PIRATE:

CR2 Maleand female savage human rogue 1
CEMedium humanoid (chaotic)
Init+6; Senses darkvision 60 ft
Languages Common
AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15
hp dead/10, 10/10 ferocity; DR S/magic
Immune disease, exhaustion, fatigue, mind-affecting, stunning, pain
Resist acid 10
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1 Weakness affl icted
Spd 40ft. Melee scimitar+3(ld6+3/18-20) and bite-2 (ld8+plus disease[DC14))
Base Atk +0; Grp +4 CMD 16
Atk Options sneak attack+ld6

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Ready for the creature to either charge him, or pass by him threatening range as it goes after his companions, the fighter attempts to trip the creature to halt its progress.

Glaive-Guisarme: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Moira says as she sees the erupting undead. "That doesn't look good for us. I say we fall back and find a bottleneck so they can trample each other." The young rogue pulls her short bow and fires an arrow at the closest undead creature.
Attack, bow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage, arrow: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Sorry for the delay

Justified trips creature and it climbs back to its feet. Moira's arrow flies in with a thud, but the creature barely seems to notice. Another AoO.

Everyone else is up


retired

Graythan snaps off a shot as the creature struggles to its feet, then frowns as the bolt sails ineffectually wide. With practised ease he snaps another bolt into the massive crossbow.

+1 hvy repeating xbow (point blank shot): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8for: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Status:

HP: 21/21
AC: 19 (13 T / 16 FF)
CMD: 14
F/R/W: +3/+3/+6 (+1 vs Illusion, +2 vs disease, +2/roll 2x vs mind affecting)
Judgements used: 0/1
Relentless footing used: 0/6
inflict wand charges used: 0/50

Spell Slots used:
Level 1 (3+1) - 0/4

Ongoing Effects

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

AOO: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 4 = 171d10 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


retired

Well, that swing'll let us know if its DR is 10/magic or less =P

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Glaive is magic...


retired

Well, that swing'll tell us nothing about it's DR because it's super dead =P


Not dead. It has ferocity and 18 CON.

Graythan's bolt flies wide, but Justified delivers a vicious wound. No seeming to realize that it should be dying, the creature refuses to fall.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Which is why I tripped it,. :) stops it from continuing its attack, gives me an AOO at +4 when it stands, and lets me attack it before it gets to go again. Its what this character does, when he has room. Note that it did not get quite as close as you moved it GM Fanguar as it provoked as it left the square 10" from Justified. My understanding is it falls there.

On Justified's next round he tries to end the thing for good. It the thing is still alive Justified steps back so that it will provoke again from him should it move to attack him.

Glaive-Guisarme: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 181d10 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Are we on round 2? If so then attacking.

Moira unleashes another arrow at the monstrosity even though she realizes that her previous attack with her bow did very little to no damage to it.
Attack, Short Bow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage, Arrow: 1d6 ⇒ 1


@Justified: Square are 10ft, but ya I know. Pretty much why I hate reach and trip, but I guess I can let you enjoy it while you can.

With Justified's blow, the second creature also explodes into acidic goo and dies horribly.

Where to next K2 or K3, or...?

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

This build uses light armor. I could be tripping in full plate. Then you would have valid complaints. :)


retired

Graythan shakes his head at the creatures and looks at Moira, "Keep that bow handy and keep your distance from them, if possible. Looks like one good stab could have them exploding all over you." The eerie-eyed dhampir then approaches the ruined husks of the zombie-like things and kneels down, trying to learn what he may of them from what remains.

Knowledge (arcana or religion?): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Justified moves towards the bridge. If this is safe, I prefer this lesser traveled way. He pauses to examine the bridge before crossing. Heading to K2

Know (Engineering): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


@Graythan: You have never seen or heard of anything like this before.
@Justified: The bridge seems sound.

A deep pool of rushing water separates a cave entrance from the beachhead. Two wide wooden planks serve as a crude bridge to cross the surging waters of the pool

Know(nature) or Survival DC15:
Given the way in which the water in the tide pool ebbs and flows, an underwater passageway likely exists somewhere below.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Hey, look there. See the way the water moves? An underwater passageway likely exists somewhere below.


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
"The big guy is right. The rushing water is coming from somewhere. There has to be an opening underneath. Who's ready to get wet?
Moira stands there looking from side to side at her friends, eager to jump right on into the water.


retired

"Let's see if there's anything yet to be learned from the beach, Moira. That might also let the tide run out and dry this passage for us."

Graythan turns from tidepool and heads back to the shoreline, scanning the waters and flotsam one last time for survivors before leaving the beach behind.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

And we have this passage into the cavern to explore.


@Graythan: A search of the beach is going to take 10mins. You ok with that, or do you want to save it for the end?
@All: there is quite a racket going on in the caves, whatever happened here is still ongoing.


retired

If there're noises and such coming from the cave, then no - I'll save the search for after the more immediate crisis is dealt with.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

Let move. Justified leads the group into the cave.


K5

Crossing the rough bridge and moving into the cave system you soon enter a larger room Dozens of bolts of once fine brocaded silk hang from lines of rope stretched lengthwise across the ceiling of this chamber, making it difficult to accurately judge the size of the sandy floored cavern.

Vision is blocked but you can move through the room

Perc DC12:
You hear the tell-tale shuffle and snuffling of some sort of animal.
Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

The young rogue whispers to her comrads, "You guys stay here. I'll do some recon."
Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Perc: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 HA!

Moira sneaks into the room and soon hears the deep rumbling growl of a large animal. Soon she catches sight of something large and reptilian, moving through the silks towards her.

Initiative rolls:

Justified: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Graythan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Moira: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Enemy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Combat Rn 1
23 Baddy
19 Graythan
17 Justified
12 Moira

Out of the sheets comes a thing of horror. A creature standing on two whickedly clawed feet comes flying out at Moira. It seems little more than a mass of claws and teeth and its back writhes with wriggling tentacles, several of which weep pus and leave a disgusting trail of yellowish smears on nearby silk sheets.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Everyone is up

RIPCLAW CR4:

Savage deinonychus CE M
Init+6; Senses darkvlsion 60 ft., low-light vision, scent;
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17
hp42(4 HD);ferocity:DR5/magic
Immune disease, exhaustion,fatigue, mind-affecting,stunning,pain Resist acid 10
Fort +10, Ref+6, Will +2
Spd 70 ft.
Melee talons +9 (1d8+6) and
2 forectaws +7(ld3+3) and
bite +7 (2d4+3 plus disease [DC 18Fort]


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

Going to assume that attack and damage was on Moira.
Moves away and grabs at her newly inflicked wound.
"Ahhh this island really sucks."


retired

Hearing Moira's cry, Graythan reacts quickly and hurls a pouch at the monstrous creature, hoping to keep it at bay for a few extra seconds.

Tanglefoot Bag: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Ref save DC 15 or glued to floor; -2 penalty to attacks, -4 penalty to Dex, & move at 1/2 speed even on successful save

Status:

HP: 21/21
AC: 19 (13 T / 16 FF)
CMD: 14
F/R/W: +3/+3/+6 (+1 vs Illusion, +2 vs disease, +2/roll 2x vs mind affecting)
Judgements used: 0/1
Relentless footing used: 0/6
inflict wand charges used: 0/50

Spell Slots used:
Level 1 (3+1) - 0/4

Ongoing Effects

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

I have an official position on rogue recon - No. I loose more rogues that way. I know rogues want to go do rogue stuff, but it seldom pays off.

Justified moves up to support the rogue, moving into a flank with her if possible. Map does not seem to show current positions.

Glaive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d10 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Knowledge ? to id the creature. : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 I have Dungeon, Engineering, Local, Nature, Palnes Religion. At least tell me how many legs it has. lol.


I've moved tokens around.
@Justified: It has two legs. It looks like a dinosaur.

REF: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Shaking itself free from the floor. It steps up to Justified and attacks:

Talons: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 2 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Everyone is up

RIPCLAW CR4:

Savage deinonychus CE M
Init+6; Senses darkvlsion 60 ft., low-light vision, scent;
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17
hp: 24/42(4 HD);ferocity:DR5/magic
Immune disease, exhaustion,fatigue, mind-affecting,stunning,pain Resist acid 10
Fort +10, Ref+6, Will +2
Spd 70 ft.
Melee talons +9 (1d8+6) and
2 forectaws +7(ld3+3) and
bite +7 (2d4+3 plus disease [DC 18Fort]


retired

Are the stats in the spoiler'd block adjusted for the Dex penalty?


Female Half Elf Rogue 7: HP 59/59 AC: 19/15/14 F: +4 R: +9 W: +4, Per: +9 Init:+4)

@Justified - Fanguar got a lucky roll to beat Moira's high stealth. Normally I don't like my rogues going into the unknown but there is plenty of terrain to her to move about and hide. Damn lucky roll. ;-)

Moira moves closer to the cavern walls (K5; south part) to get closer within flanking distance. She unleashes an arrow from her spot. The arrow grazes the creature only producing a slight scratch on the creature's hide.
Attack, short bow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage, arrow: 1d6 ⇒ 1

From her starting point she does not have enough move to get behind the creature. She will follow the south wall the 1st round and get within flanking position in the next round.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 7): HP 70/70 AC: 19/13/16 F: +6 R: +5 W: +2 (3 vs fear), Per: +7 Init:+3)

I think it has to be next to me to attack me. But Justified is stepping back anyway, but is such a way to help Moira flank.

The lightly armed fighter staggers back from the talons of the creature, blood gushing from a nasty wound. He retreats 5' in a direction he hopes will expose the creature's back to the rogue's blade. He swings again, hoping to take it down with a second power attack.

Glaive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 241d10 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


@Graythan: No Adjust accordingly


Bump for graythan


retired

apologies! thanks for the bump!

Seeing some space open around the nasty looking creature, Graythan quickly fishes another pouch from his hip and hurls it toward the beast. "Keep your distance, if you can," he growls, "Let the beast come to us."

Shard gel (ranged touch): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19for: 1d4 ⇒ 1
In addition to damage, its square as well as each adjacent square are now filled with green crystalline shards that function as caltrops.

Status:

HP: 21/21
AC: 19 (13 T / 16 FF)
CMD: 14
F/R/W: +3/+3/+6 (+1 vs Illusion, +2 vs disease, +2/roll 2x vs mind affecting)
Judgements used: 0/1
Relentless footing used: 0/6
inflict wand charges used: 0/50

Spell Slots used:
Level 1 (3+1) - 0/4

Ongoing Effects
shard gel: 1/5 rounds (shards dissolve at end of duration)


Combat Rn 2
23 Baddy
19 Graythan
17 Justified
12 Moira

The creature follows 1 damage:

Attack vs justified: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Everyone is up

RIPCLAW CR4:

Savage deinonychus CE M
Init+6; Senses darkvlsion 60 ft., low-light vision, scent;
AC (17)19, touch 12, flat-footed 17
hp: 7/42(4 HD);ferocity:DR5/magic
Immune disease, exhaustion,fatigue, mind-affecting,stunning,pain Resist acid 10
Fort +10, Ref+6, Will +2
Spd 70 ft.
Melee talons +9 (1d8+6) and
2 forectaws +7(ld3+3) and
bite +7 (2d4+3 plus disease [DC 18Fort]

851 to 900 of 2,578 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fanguar's Savage Tide PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.