GM Endless Forms' PFS All For Immortality Series (1-3) (Inactive)

Game Master Mike Tuholski

A 12-15 PFS scenario arc played at the 15-16 subtier.

Tactical Map


251 to 300 of 813 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Canis Lupus Ranger Lord 14 (HP: 102/153), AC: 30 T: 13, FF: 28, F: +13, R: +12, W: +5, CMB: +18, CMD: 32

Posting for completeness, Instant Enemy is a swift action, so Bishop has no time left to order Timber forward.

Dark Archive

Human Cleric (Mendevian) 15
:
HP152/152 | AC27 (26FF, 15T) | Perception +13, Sense Motive +21 | +2 Init | Fort +20, Ref +12, Will +26 | Channel (Su) 5/5 Firebolt : 11/11

Will DC24: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (4) + 22 = 26

Tamerius keeps his cool and cast a [persistant] Bestow curse on the dragon. Will DC20 (twice) or 50% to do nothing

May Hell's power put its mark on you Loaralis !

RM: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

Sovereign Court

Gnome
Vitals:
Archivist 15 hp 123/123 | F +12 (14) R +17 (19) W +17 (19) | AC 29 (32) T 16 (19) FF 26 CMD 24 Perception +26 (28)

Is RM the same as rolling vs. spell resistance?

Dark Archive

Human Cleric (Mendevian) 15
:
HP152/152 | AC27 (26FF, 15T) | Perception +13, Sense Motive +21 | +2 Init | Fort +20, Ref +12, Will +26 | Channel (Su) 5/5 Firebolt : 11/11

Yes, It's the french equivalent :P


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Kahl' Heel/Tamerius:
The four pillars in the room are magical, but you did not have enough time to study it and determine the exact magical effect.

Yes, I forgot to mention that she has spell resistance. Thanks to Tamerius for including it but everyone else please remember to include it in the future too!

Also, if your spell is more complicated than damage + save for half, please include a quick run-down for me to make things easier for me. Thanks!

2d20 ⇒ (16, 10) = 26
Ref: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Will: 2d20 ⇒ (8, 6) = 14

Nikolai's spells burn the dragon and then coat her in a fine layer of ice which impedes her movement somewhat. Davo speeds the party up (actually, I think everyone was close enough) while Thorgan flies 15' up and prepares to dive into the action soon.

Chun Hei has trouble fighting back from within Loaralis' maw. Bishop's arrows only fly out to either side as they approach the dragon, blow away by the winds swirling close to her body. Loaralis likewise easily fights of Tamerius' attempt to curse her.

---

While still holding Chun Hei in her mouth, Loaralis lets out a bolt of lightning from deep within, sending the electricity not only through Chun Hei but also through Davo and Tamerius.

electricity: 14d8 ⇒ (6, 1, 3, 7, 6, 3, 4, 4, 5, 8, 2, 1, 8, 8) = 66
DC 25 Ref for half from Davo and Tamerius; Chun Hei does not get a save.

Then, with a quick look from Loaralis the southwestern pillar explodes, sending dust and debris throughout the room and leaving the ceiling with a large and ominous crack!

piercing damage: 8d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 1, 3, 2, 4, 5) = 20
DC 20 Ref for half; hits Thorgan, Timber, and Chun Hei

Initiative:

1. Loaralis (62 dmg, entangled)
2. Nikolai, Chun Hei, Bishop, Tamerius, Thorgan, and Davo

You guys are up!

Dark Archive

F Nagaji "Paladin 14" | HP 114/157 DR 10/Adamantine (130) | AC 32* T 15* FF 30* (50% fort) | CMD 31 | F +13 R +12 W +12 (+2 vs. mind-affecting effects, poison & cold) Slippery Mind | Init +8 (Roll 3x, always act in surprise) | Perception -2 ll
Resources:
Spells 1-(6/8) 2-(4/7) 3-(2/7) 4-(5/7) 5-(3/7) 6-(4/5) 7-(2/4) | Iron Skin (0/1) CH (1/2) SC (1/2) Vow (1/1) Misfortune
1
Effects:
GMW 30h, Magic Vestment 14h, Ext Communal Resist 30 Fire, Cold, Electricity 40m. Stoneskin 140m, Life Bubble 4h, Heroism 50m, Cop:Evil 140m, Air Walk 140m

grappled reflex save vs pillar while large and shaken: 1d20 + 12 - 6 ⇒ (5) + 12 - 6 = 11

Chun Hei's electricity resistance and stoneskin absorb some of the incoming damage, and her tough form just refuses to give up.

Chun Hei makes a series of powerful swings with her mace and follows up with a bite.

Mace: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 39
damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 3) + 17 + (3) = 29

Hasty Mace: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31
damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 17 + (1) = 25

Iterative Mace: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 6) + 17 + (4) = 33

Bite: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 13 + (1) = 18

"I'll not fall to this Dragon. Take it down or save the last pillar."

Dark Archive

Human Cleric (Mendevian) 15
:
HP152/152 | AC27 (26FF, 15T) | Perception +13, Sense Motive +21 | +2 Init | Fort +20, Ref +12, Will +26 | Channel (Su) 5/5 Firebolt : 11/11

Ref DC25: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 = 12

Tamerius is unable to dodge the breath, but thanks to the protection his comrade gave him, a part of the electricity damage was absorbed.

Listening to Chun Hei, he tries to supress the magical energy of the last pillar. casts dispel magic on the third pillar

Dispel: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

He also tries to understand why Bishop's arrows were'nt able to hit the dragon.

Know. Arcana (DC20+Spell level): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Will use my reroll on my dispel check Dispel (reroll 4*): 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 4 = 17 even worst...

There is still magic on the pillar ! I've failed to dispel it. unless the CL of the magic is less than 7...

Dark Archive

:
HP70/70 | AC28 (21FF, 19T) | Perception +24, Sense Motive +19 | +6 Init | Fort +3, Ref +13, Will +8* |

Kahl' Heel moves near Tamerius and draws his master's wand of freedom of movement

Kahl' Heel is in the same square as Tamerius (don't have access yet to the map

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gnome
Vitals:
Archivist 15 hp 123/123 | F +12 (14) R +17 (19) W +17 (19) | AC 29 (32) T 16 (19) FF 26 CMD 24 Perception +26 (28)

reflex: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (12) + 23 = 35

Davoliznakamushka quickly plunges his blade into the ground, diverting what electricity would have marred him seconds earlier. In the same motion, he ends his song, inspiring Tamerius to have a final twist out of the way of the dragon's breath. ring of evasion

For simplicity I'll just roll Tamerius' new save, if that's ok. He also forgot the +3 to saves vs. supernatural effects from Naturalist

Tamerius' new reflex: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 + 3 = 26 Hey, that would (just) make it!

Davo quickly takes a moment to restart his song, and adds to it a song of good hope for the Pathfinders.

+2 morale bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls. Note this does not stack with heroism, although it still adds weapon damage.

The Exchange

Male DEMON LORD OF THE RASPING RIFTS, God of Commerce, Electricty, and Insects Sorceror(Crossblood[Draconic, Orc]) 15 (HP 67/92) (AC 21/15/17) (CMD 20) (Fort +16, Ref +16, Will +12) (Init +14) (Perception +29)

Grimacing, Nikolai tries the same tactic, yet again...

Scorching Ray (touch): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34, for 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 5, 1, 5) + 4 = 18 Fire damage.

Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26, for 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3, 3, 6) + 4 = 19 *ADDITIONAL* Fire damage.

Scorching Ray (touch): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29, for 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3, 5, 5) + 4 = 20 Fire damage.

Scorching Ray (touch): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16, for 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4, 5, 3) + 4 = 21 Fire damage.

Quickened Scorching Ray (Spell Resistance): 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 1 + 4 = 31.

...firing three bolts of flame, which slam into the dragon's flank...

Icy Prison (Spell Resistance): 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 1 + 4 = 35.

DC 26 Reflex save for partial.

...before attempting to, once again, encase it in ice.

N.B. Whilst entangled or helpless, it is taking 13 points of cold damage, per round.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger Lord 15 (HP: 203203), Init: +8* (+10 mountains/Hills/Jungle, +14 Urban), AC: 25 T: 18, FF: 20, Perception +25, +31 v Humans, +27 v. Undead/constructs), F: +18, R: +20, W: +11, CMB: +18, CMD: 36

REF: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29 Bishop dodges the exploding pillar!

"What knocked my arrows aside?!"

Isn't it only a 30% miss chance? I'll wait to see how things ply out thus far.

Silver Crusade

Dwarf Inquisitor 12 | HP 88/147 | AC22* T12* FF20* | CMD 25* | F16* R9* W15* | Init +6 | Per +19

Reflex DC20 vs pillar: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 4 = 20 *
+2 vs. effects from a magic item, +5 vs. spells and spell-like abilities
Was the pillar explosion a spell or spell-like? Regardless, he makes the DC20 and evades (thanks to the judgement surge).

Thorgan soars past Timber around the dragon, pivoting and striking with his axe (should provoke if he zipped through Timber's square moving down angularly 5ft to 10ft up; from Outflank).

Swift for Greater Bane, free to swap to Justice+Destruction judgements.

"Ahl'right dragon! Time t' end ye!"

Greataxe (vital strike, power, hero, GMW): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35 for 2d12 + 27 ⇒ (8, 2) + 27 = 37
Greater Bane: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 4, 6) = 16
Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6
Discordant: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Thorgan Status:

Thorgan Status:
HP: 138/147

AC Normally: 22 (T 12 | FF 20)
(can add: +3 when judgement of AC is up, +6 vs crits)

Spells Remaining Today
4th - 2/4
3rd - 3/5
2nd - 6/6
1st - 5/6

Spells/Effects Active:
Greater Magic Weapon +3
Heroism (ext), Keen Edge (ext), Freedom Of Movement, Stoneskin, Expeditious
Fly

Abilities:
Bane Left: 9/12
Judgement Left: 2/4
Judgement Surge Left: 0/1
Dispelling Attack: 1/1
Swaying Word: 1/1
Winged Boots: 1/3

Possible Modifiers:
Power Attack -3/+9
Judgement of Justice +3/+0
Judgement of Destruction +0/+3
Heroism +2/+0
Outflank +4/+0
Greater Magic Weapon +3/+3
Holy +0/+2d6
Greater Bane +2/+4d6

Base Attack (BAB +9 Str +4 Weapon +1 Power -3): +11/+6
Base Damage (Str +6 Weapon +1 Power +9): +16

Buffed Attack (+2 Hero +3 GMW +4 Judge, +1 Haste): +21/+16
Base Damage (+3 GMW +6 Judge, +2 Good Hope): +27


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

No CL is given for the pillar trap that I can find but a 17 is not going to do it anyways, unfortunately.
@Bishop: Oh, sorry, you're right! The spell she is using just references wind wall, which I mistakenly thought prevented all projectiles as that's how I've seen it used but apparently that was also wrong!

4d100 ⇒ (76, 83, 30, 58) = 247

Bihop's arrows are flung to the side, only to do a loop in mid-air and fly back at the dragon! Unfortunately only two of them break through her tough scales.

Ref: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Only Chun Hei's first strike is able to connect with the dragon and cause any damage. Tamerius tries to prevent the final trapped pillar from collapsing but he does not have the power to rid the pillar of its magic.

Davo reminds everyone to stay strong and points out that cave-ins are a perfectly natural occurrence....

Davo puts severe burns all over the dragon's body and then encases her in ice! Thorgan swings at the ice but misses.

She is helpless and encased in an inch of ice for now, but breaking it would set her free.

Initiative:

1. Loaralis (246 dmg, helpless)
2. Nikolai, Chun Hei, Bishop, Tamerius, Thorgan, and Davo

Bishop is up!

Dark Archive

F Nagaji "Paladin 14" | HP 114/157 DR 10/Adamantine (130) | AC 32* T 15* FF 30* (50% fort) | CMD 31 | F +13 R +12 W +12 (+2 vs. mind-affecting effects, poison & cold) Slippery Mind | Init +8 (Roll 3x, always act in surprise) | Perception -2 ll
Resources:
Spells 1-(6/8) 2-(4/7) 3-(2/7) 4-(5/7) 5-(3/7) 6-(4/5) 7-(2/4) | Iron Skin (0/1) CH (1/2) SC (1/2) Vow (1/1) Misfortune
1
Effects:
GMW 30h, Magic Vestment 14h, Ext Communal Resist 30 Fire, Cold, Electricity 40m. Stoneskin 140m, Life Bubble 4h, Heroism 50m, Cop:Evil 140m, Air Walk 140m

Windwall says: Arrows and bolts are deflected upward and miss, while any other normal ranged weapon passing through the wall has a 30% miss chance.

So 100% miss for arrows and bolts and 30% miss for say sling stones.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger Lord 15 (HP: 203203), Init: +8* (+10 mountains/Hills/Jungle, +14 Urban), AC: 25 T: 18, FF: 20, Perception +25, +31 v Humans, +27 v. Undead/constructs), F: +18, R: +20, W: +11, CMB: +18, CMD: 36

No worries EF, considering there are well over a thousand spells to know about, I totally get it. Apparently, you were right though (and good catch Chun Hei.

Seeing all his arrows for naught, and knowing he's little use otherwise, orders Timber to come with him. The two move to a better position.

"Can someone get rid of that godsbedamned spell that is frelling my arrows? I'd kill this beast were it not for that!"

Double move for both.

Sovereign Court

Gnome
Vitals:
Archivist 15 hp 123/123 | F +12 (14) R +17 (19) W +17 (19) | AC 29 (32) T 16 (19) FF 26 CMD 24 Perception +26 (28)

Nikolai: scorching rays are treated as weapons, and benefit from good hope (+2 damage).

The Exchange

Male DEMON LORD OF THE RASPING RIFTS, God of Commerce, Electricty, and Insects Sorceror(Crossblood[Draconic, Orc]) 15 (HP 67/92) (AC 21/15/17) (CMD 20) (Fort +16, Ref +16, Will +12) (Init +14) (Perception +29)

@Davo: Huh. Fair enough.

Nikolai breathes a sigh of relief when the dragon is encased in ice.

"Zat should be ze end of it."

@The party: Unless someone breaks the ice, the dragon will be encased for the next 13 minutes, taking 13 cold damage per round... so it will well and truly be a frozen popsicle.

Silver Crusade

Dwarf Inquisitor 12 | HP 88/147 | AC22* T12* FF20* | CMD 25* | F16* R9* W15* | Init +6 | Per +19

Thorgan stands floating next to the dragon popsicle and holds himself back from another hefty swing. He gives Tesla a questioning look.

"Ye're sure it won't break free?"


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Ah, ok. I thought that's how windwall worked and then when I reread it I apparently read it wrong!

Just when you think all is safe with the dragon encased in an foot-thick barrier of ice, the third and final pillar in the back of the room suddenly shatters!

piercing damage: 8d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 4, 4, 1, 2, 2, 1) = 22
DC 20 Ref for half; only hits Bishop.

The ceiling collapses, raining debris down on the party!

Damage in the middle of the room (Bishop, Timber, Chun Hei, and Thorgan:
damage: 8d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 1, 5, 2, 1, 4, 3) = 27
DC 15 Ref for half damage and to avoid being buried.

Everyone else:
damage: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 4) = 12
DC 15 Ref for half damage and to avoid being buried.

The collapse has another tragic side effect: the Axe-Finders, who were quelling riots above, are caught in the collapsing street. This causes the half-orc "Boartusk Twins" to fall down into the chamber. Garl is crushed by debris on the western side of the chamber and killed instantly; Shrade is still moving but trapped beneath debris and unable to pull himself free.

As if this weren't bad enough, it seems that much of the ice has cracked as the debris fell on it and although Loaralis is still encased within, this doesn't seem to have hampered her....

Thorgan: DC 17 Will save or believe you are being attacked by a creature out of your nightmares. Each round, you make a full-attack action against the imaginary creature. This lasts for six rounds, after which you are fatigued for one minute.

Difficult terrain everywhere from the rubble!

Initiative:

1. Loaralis (195 dmg, encased in ice 9)
2. Nikolai, Chun Hei, Bishop, Tamerius, Thorgan, and Davo

You guys are up!

The Exchange

Male DEMON LORD OF THE RASPING RIFTS, God of Commerce, Electricty, and Insects Sorceror(Crossblood[Draconic, Orc]) 15 (HP 67/92) (AC 21/15/17) (CMD 20) (Fort +16, Ref +16, Will +12) (Init +14) (Perception +29)

@Endless Forms: If she is encased in ice (and is Helpless, to boot), she does not have line of effect - how can she target us?

Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24.

Nikolai manages to dodge the worst of the falling debris.

"Quick! We need to dig them out!"

Sovereign Court

Gnome
Vitals:
Archivist 15 hp 123/123 | F +12 (14) R +17 (19) W +17 (19) | AC 29 (32) T 16 (19) FF 26 CMD 24 Perception +26 (28)

"Monstrous beast! Amoral, inhumanoid lizard! I hope the horror you inflicted was worth the great foreshortening of your lifespan!"

The gnome sings a song of reckoning!

reflex: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (12) + 23 = 35
Hold Monster, DC 23
SR: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24

Is it possible to feather fall them baby Pathfinder as they fall? 60' range and can hit 15 targets.

Maintaining song

Dark Archive

F Nagaji "Paladin 14" | HP 114/157 DR 10/Adamantine (130) | AC 32* T 15* FF 30* (50% fort) | CMD 31 | F +13 R +12 W +12 (+2 vs. mind-affecting effects, poison & cold) Slippery Mind | Init +8 (Roll 3x, always act in surprise) | Perception -2 ll
Resources:
Spells 1-(6/8) 2-(4/7) 3-(2/7) 4-(5/7) 5-(3/7) 6-(4/5) 7-(2/4) | Iron Skin (0/1) CH (1/2) SC (1/2) Vow (1/1) Misfortune
1
Effects:
GMW 30h, Magic Vestment 14h, Ext Communal Resist 30 Fire, Cold, Electricity 40m. Stoneskin 140m, Life Bubble 4h, Heroism 50m, Cop:Evil 140m, Air Walk 140m

Chun Hei will use her surprizing charge to move to the fallen Garl before he is compeltely covered in rocks

Reflex: 1d20 + 12 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 12 - 3 = 13

So that she can be burried in the same spot.

Chun Hei will cast Breath of life on the pathfinder.

Breath of Life: 5d6 + 12 ⇒ (1, 6, 4, 1, 4) + 12 = 28

Dark Archive

Human Cleric (Mendevian) 15
:
HP152/152 | AC27 (26FF, 15T) | Perception +13, Sense Motive +21 | +2 Init | Fort +20, Ref +12, Will +26 | Channel (Su) 5/5 Firebolt : 11/11

Reflex DC15: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 = 20

Tamerius avoid being buried and his armor absorb a part of the falling debries.

Nevertheless seeing the Pathfinder being buried Tamerius begins to cast summon monster VI in hope to call several powerfull Earth Elementals.

Dark Archive

:
HP70/70 | AC28 (21FF, 19T) | Perception +24, Sense Motive +19 | +6 Init | Fort +3, Ref +13, Will +8* |

Reflex DC15: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Unlucky, Kahl' Heel is unable to avoid the rumble and is buried under the rocks !

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger Lord 15 (HP: 203203), Init: +8* (+10 mountains/Hills/Jungle, +14 Urban), AC: 25 T: 18, FF: 20, Perception +25, +31 v Humans, +27 v. Undead/constructs), F: +18, R: +20, W: +11, CMB: +18, CMD: 36

Getting the saves out of the way:
REF v. Exploding Pillar: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31
REF v. Collapsing Ceiling: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32

Unable to shoot the bloody dragon, and not hearing a teammate say anything about dispelling the spell, Bishop flies towards the moving Axe-Finder. "Timber! Come!"

He's not on the map so I don't know if I can get to him with a move of 40'. If I can CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Male Canis Lupus Ranger Lord 14 (HP: 102/153), AC: 30 T: 13, FF: 28, F: +13, R: +12, W: +5, CMB: +18, CMD: 32

The wolf tries to avoid the worst of the debris:

REF: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

And rushes to his master's side.

Silver Crusade

Dwarf Inquisitor 12 | HP 88/147 | AC22* T12* FF20* | CMD 25* | F16* R9* W15* | Init +6 | Per +19

DC 15 Reflex for middle of the room: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 21 (evasion!)

DC17 Will vs nightmares: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34 +5 more if spell or SLA.

Thorgan frowns at the chaos continuing to erupt around him and gives a nod to Chun Hei as he recognizes the scroll being applied to the dead Pathfinder. He immediately glides down to Shradre and does what he can to liberate the trapped Pathfinder.

Would Freedom of Movement work to help Shradre get out? If so, fly to Shrade, then cast Freedom of Movement.

Also - no Shrade on the map, so didn't move icon. I'm guessing we might be mapless at this stage?

Thorgan Status:

Thorgan Status:
HP: 138/147

AC Normally: 22 (T 12 | FF 20)
(can add: +3 when judgement of AC is up, +6 vs crits)

Spells Remaining Today
4th - 2/4 .. -1 for FoM on Shrade
3rd - 3/5
2nd - 6/6
1st - 5/6

Spells/Effects Active:
Greater Magic Weapon +3
Heroism (ext), Keen Edge (ext), Freedom Of Movement, Stoneskin, Expeditious
Fly

Abilities:
Bane Left: 9/12
Judgement Left: 2/4
Judgement Surge Left: 0/1
Dispelling Attack: 1/1
Swaying Word: 1/1
Winged Boots: 1/3

Possible Modifiers:
Power Attack -3/+9
Judgement of Justice +3/+0
Judgement of Destruction +0/+3
Heroism +2/+0
Outflank +4/+0
Greater Magic Weapon +3/+3
Holy +0/+2d6
Greater Bane +2/+4d6

Base Attack (BAB +9 Str +4 Weapon +1 Power -3): +11/+6
Base Damage (Str +6 Weapon +1 Power +9): +16

Buffed Attack (+2 Hero +3 GMW +4 Judge, +1 Haste): +21/+16
Base Damage (+3 GMW +6 Judge, +2 Good Hope): +27


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

@Davo: feather fall would be a great idea and would prevent Garl's death.

Oh, I didn't realize the ice was opaque, I thought she could see through it. I missed the part of the spell about blocking line-of-sight. So Thorgan can ignore the spell, not that it matters since since he made the save anyways.

As far as I can tell, the pillar still explodes and the ceiling collapses though. No line-of-sight needed.

---

Luckily Davo is quick to use magic to save the Boartusk Twins, leaving the half-orcs slowly sinking down on top of the rubble. Unfortunately, Davo's other magic does not seem to have an effect on the dragon. Tamerius then begins calling on some planar allies...

I'm guessing some of you will want to change your actions with the developments from Davo's feather fall spell.

Initiative:

1. Loaralis (195 dmg, encased in ice 9)
2. Nikolai, Chun Hei, Bishop, Tamerius, Thorgan, and Davo

Nikolai, Chun Hei, Bishop, and Thorgan are up!

The Exchange

Male DEMON LORD OF THE RASPING RIFTS, God of Commerce, Electricty, and Insects Sorceror(Crossblood[Draconic, Orc]) 15 (HP 67/92) (AC 21/15/17) (CMD 20) (Fort +16, Ref +16, Will +12) (Init +14) (Perception +29)

"Hopefully, wiz no more pillars to explode, zat should be ze end of zings..."

Basically, delaying for the moment.

Dark Archive

F Nagaji "Paladin 14" | HP 114/157 DR 10/Adamantine (130) | AC 32* T 15* FF 30* (50% fort) | CMD 31 | F +13 R +12 W +12 (+2 vs. mind-affecting effects, poison & cold) Slippery Mind | Init +8 (Roll 3x, always act in surprise) | Perception -2 ll
Resources:
Spells 1-(6/8) 2-(4/7) 3-(2/7) 4-(5/7) 5-(3/7) 6-(4/5) 7-(2/4) | Iron Skin (0/1) CH (1/2) SC (1/2) Vow (1/1) Misfortune
1
Effects:
GMW 30h, Magic Vestment 14h, Ext Communal Resist 30 Fire, Cold, Electricity 40m. Stoneskin 140m, Life Bubble 4h, Heroism 50m, Cop:Evil 140m, Air Walk 140m

With Davo feather falling the fallen Pathfinders...

Chun Hei concentrates

Misfortune reroll: 1d20 + 12 - 3 ⇒ (9) + 12 - 3 = 18

and manages to avoid getting buried.

Instead of Breath of Life Chun Hei casts Mass Cure Light, including as many of the recently fallen as possible.

healing: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

---

New round.

Still quite a bit wounded from pillars and electricity and teeth and more pillars Chun Hei casts Heal on herself, bringing her back to full.

Sovereign Court

Gnome
Vitals:
Archivist 15 hp 123/123 | F +12 (14) R +17 (19) W +17 (19) | AC 29 (32) T 16 (19) FF 26 CMD 24 Perception +26 (28)

Is that Kurt Vonnegut's Ice Nine or a final fantasy reference?

Seeing the dragon encased and ineffective at digging, the gnome pauses and harrumphs.

Delay

Dark Archive

Human Cleric (Mendevian) 15
:
HP152/152 | AC27 (26FF, 15T) | Perception +13, Sense Motive +21 | +2 Init | Fort +20, Ref +12, Will +26 | Channel (Su) 5/5 Firebolt : 11/11

Number of Large Earth Elemental: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

3 large Earth Elemental appear near Tamerius. In the rude language of the Earth, he commands them to unburied those under the rumbles.

Once the creature commanded, he turns to his companions.

Our mission is to recover the Elixir, let's find it.

Sovereign Court

Gnome
Vitals:
Archivist 15 hp 123/123 | F +12 (14) R +17 (19) W +17 (19) | AC 29 (32) T 16 (19) FF 26 CMD 24 Perception +26 (28)

"Capital! Pardon me while we go take the elixir off Loaralis - oh,bother now, I appear to be unable to reach her at the moment! Sorry, gentlebeings. Or maybe we could ask - no, it is a shame, but we seem prevented from that either."

The gnome sighs, looking around for something they might have missed.

perception: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (16) + 28 = 44

Silver Crusade

Dwarf Inquisitor 12 | HP 88/147 | AC22* T12* FF20* | CMD 25* | F16* R9* W15* | Init +6 | Per +19

Thorgan glances upward, breathing a sigh of relief as the orcs glide slowly down instead of plummeting to their death.

I don't see an immediate threat at the moment, is that correct? That being the case, Thorgan will look to prevent other harm do to further collapses.

Gliding ahead, he grips Shrade's hand, pulling the half-orc upward towards the streets while he calls out an updated assignment to his fellow Pathfinder.

"What's th' status o' th' streets?"

As he gains height, he looks for others likely to fall into the collapsed room.

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (12) + 21 = 33


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Tamerius' elementals haven't showed up quite yet, as we were still in the same round he stared casting. I was just giving the others to change their actions.

Chun Hei heals himself while the others look about for the elixir. Thorgan helps one of the half-orc twins up, who reports, "Things are under control! Well, that is, they were under control until the street collapsed. Not sure what the situation is now...."

1d2 ⇒ 2

Suddenly there is a blast of lightning from within the ice as the cracks from the falling debris widen and split apart, leaving the dragon Loaralis standing amidst the rubble shaking the last few icicles from her body. As she shakes her head to clear to the cold, you notice a pair of vials hanging from her neck....

Initiative:

1. Loaralis (195 dmg)
2. Nikolai, Chun Hei, Bishop, Tamerius, Thorgan, and Davo

You guys are up!

Dark Archive

F Nagaji "Paladin 14" | HP 114/157 DR 10/Adamantine (130) | AC 32* T 15* FF 30* (50% fort) | CMD 31 | F +13 R +12 W +12 (+2 vs. mind-affecting effects, poison & cold) Slippery Mind | Init +8 (Roll 3x, always act in surprise) | Perception -2 ll
Resources:
Spells 1-(6/8) 2-(4/7) 3-(2/7) 4-(5/7) 5-(3/7) 6-(4/5) 7-(2/4) | Iron Skin (0/1) CH (1/2) SC (1/2) Vow (1/1) Misfortune
1
Effects:
GMW 30h, Magic Vestment 14h, Ext Communal Resist 30 Fire, Cold, Electricity 40m. Stoneskin 140m, Life Bubble 4h, Heroism 50m, Cop:Evil 140m, Air Walk 140m

Chun Hei steps back towards the dragon and grins, her teeth bared as she is finally able to lay her full fury into the dragon, flinging her mace into the pit.

Judgement: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (9) + 30 = 39
damage: 2d8 + 35 + 3d6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 35 + (5, 2, 3) = 47

Hasty Judgement: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (4) + 30 = 34
damage: 2d8 + 35 + 3d6 ⇒ (6, 8) + 35 + (1, 3, 6) = 59

Iterative Judgement: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (1) + 30 = 31 Miss
damage: 2d8 + 35 + 3d6 ⇒ (7, 6) + 35 + (4, 6, 4) = 62

Chun Hei then bites the dragon for good measure.

Bite: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38
damge: 1d6 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 11 + (5) = 18

Silver Crusade

Dwarf Inquisitor 12 | HP 88/147 | AC22* T12* FF20* | CMD 25* | F16* R9* W15* | Init +6 | Per +19

Thorgan groans as the dragon returns to active threat, allowing Shrade to float to the ground as he charges back into melee.

Greataxe (vital strike, power, hero, GMW): 1d20 + 21 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 21 + 2 = 36 for 2d12 + 27 ⇒ (6, 4) + 27 = 37
Greater Bane: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 3, 5) = 16
Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8
Discordant: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Thorgan Status:

Thorgan Status:
HP: 138/147

AC Normally: 22 (T 12 | FF 20)
(can add: +3 when judgement of AC is up, +6 vs crits)

Spells Remaining Today
4th - 1/4
3rd - 3/5
2nd - 6/6
1st - 5/6

Spells/Effects Active:
Greater Magic Weapon +3
Heroism (ext), Keen Edge (ext), Freedom Of Movement, Stoneskin, Expeditious
Fly

Abilities:
Bane Left: 8/12
Judgement Left: 2/4
Judgement Surge Left: 0/1
Dispelling Attack: 1/1
Swaying Word: 1/1
Winged Boots: 1/3

Possible Modifiers:
Power Attack -3/+9
Judgement of Justice +3/+0
Judgement of Destruction +0/+3
Heroism +2/+0
Outflank +4/+0
Greater Magic Weapon +3/+3
Holy +0/+2d6
Greater Bane +2/+4d6

Base Attack (BAB +9 Str +4 Weapon +1 Power -3): +11/+6
Base Damage (Str +6 Weapon +1 Power +9): +16

Buffed Attack (+2 Hero +3 GMW +4 Judge, +1 Haste): +21/+16
Base Damage (+3 GMW +6 Judge, +2 Good Hope): +27

Dark Archive

Human Cleric (Mendevian) 15
:
HP152/152 | AC27 (26FF, 15T) | Perception +13, Sense Motive +21 | +2 Init | Fort +20, Ref +12, Will +26 | Channel (Su) 5/5 Firebolt : 11/11

Tamerius finish to cast his spell and 3 large earth elemental pop in existence. In the language of the earth in Terran he commands one to excavate Kah'l Heel from under the rubles and the other two to help his comrade fight the mighty dragon.

Then he casts a persistant fireball on Loaralis.

SR: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

But the dragon natural resistance to magic prevent him from taking any damages !

The Exchange

Male DEMON LORD OF THE RASPING RIFTS, God of Commerce, Electricty, and Insects Sorceror(Crossblood[Draconic, Orc]) 15 (HP 67/92) (AC 21/15/17) (CMD 20) (Fort +16, Ref +16, Will +12) (Init +14) (Perception +29)

Alright... Apparently, Icy Prison is an utterly useless spell...

Nikolai steps back, and fires off a brace of spells at the dragon, hoping to immolate it.

Empowered Scorching Ray (Touch): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22, for 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4, 1, 5) + 4 = 20*1.5 = 30 Fire damage.
Empowered Scorching Ray (Touch): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33, for 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3, 2, 6) + 4 = 19*1.5 = 28 Fire damage.
Empowered Scorching Ray (Touch): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31, for 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5, 2, 6) + 4 = 18 = 27 Fire damage.
Spell Resistance: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 = 30.

Quickened Scorching Ray (Touch): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21, for 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 1) + 4 = 15 Fire damage.
Quickened Scorching Ray (Touch): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15, for 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 5) + 4 = 22 Fire damage.
Quickened Scorching Ray (Touch): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21, for 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 1, 6, 1) + 4 = 17 Fire damage.
Spell Resistance: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 1 = 28.

Sovereign Court

Gnome
Vitals:
Archivist 15 hp 123/123 | F +12 (14) R +17 (19) W +17 (19) | AC 29 (32) T 16 (19) FF 26 CMD 24 Perception +26 (28)

Davoliznakamushka restart his lecturing and attempts to close the gap.

Restarting my song as a move instead of a swift, to save my immediate.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Bite me! AC 33


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Although Thorgan's axe only bounces off her scales, Chun Hei is enraged by the dragon's earlier audacity to bite into him and the nagaji warrior digs his blade and teeth deep into the dragon. Before she can unfold her wings and take flight from the cavern or dive down beneath the rubble, Nikolai throws a substantial amount of magic at the dragon, which burns her face and sends Loaralis toppling backward to collapse on top of the stones and melting ice....

Out of combat!

Unfortunately, when you inspect her corpse, the vials are her neck are clearly mundane decoys....

Sovereign Court

Gnome
Vitals:
Archivist 15 hp 123/123 | F +12 (14) R +17 (19) W +17 (19) | AC 29 (32) T 16 (19) FF 26 CMD 24 Perception +26 (28)

"Well this is a fine mess that we've gotten ourselves into. Either Loarlis hid the curst things, or it was working with another agent."

Davoliznakamushka lapses into his natural bossiness. "While you have your summoned friends here, Master Nalmois, perhaps you could quickly have them scout under ground to see if there are any nearby lairs or underground passages?"

The gnome starts looking about again at the nearby surrounds, drawing upon his magical senses via detect magic as well - he is aware of blue dragons love of trickery. perception: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (7) + 28 = 35 spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

"And not to be macabre - but we might wish to, well, cut the beast open. Master Shepard, can you check for signs of recent passage, or visitors beyond the two outside. I do realize this rubble makes matters more challenging."

Dark Archive

F Nagaji "Paladin 14" | HP 114/157 DR 10/Adamantine (130) | AC 32* T 15* FF 30* (50% fort) | CMD 31 | F +13 R +12 W +12 (+2 vs. mind-affecting effects, poison & cold) Slippery Mind | Init +8 (Roll 3x, always act in surprise) | Perception -2 ll
Resources:
Spells 1-(6/8) 2-(4/7) 3-(2/7) 4-(5/7) 5-(3/7) 6-(4/5) 7-(2/4) | Iron Skin (0/1) CH (1/2) SC (1/2) Vow (1/1) Misfortune
1
Effects:
GMW 30h, Magic Vestment 14h, Ext Communal Resist 30 Fire, Cold, Electricity 40m. Stoneskin 140m, Life Bubble 4h, Heroism 50m, Cop:Evil 140m, Air Walk 140m

Chun Hei with an unnerving glee begins to gut the beast, looking for hidden internal treasures.


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

In just a few moments Davo and the elementals locate something interesting: It seems Loaralis kept a portable hole containing several choices prizes in the cave to the east. The extradimensional space is hidden behind a large rock at the southern edge of the cavern.

Inside the portable hole are a wyrmslayer’s shield and gauntlets of giant strength +4 (function as a belt of giant strength +4 but occupies the hands slot) and two vials of the sun orchid elixir.

The portable hole also contains two loosely bound folios, seven large scrolls, a steel inkpen over 2 feet long, and a pint of ink. Both folios contain extraplanar observations of phenomena from throughout the Inner Sea region, though notes written in the margin provide ongoing commentary about how these events correlate to Thuvia and teleportation mishaps in the region. Collectively, the books posit that the composition of the sun orchid elixir and its effect on a creature’s age reacted in an unpredictable way when exposed to the Astral Plane—where all teleportation effects briefly travel—a decade ago. This might have caused a dangerous reaction or attracted astral predators; the writer favors the latter hypothesis based on the increased movement of astral creatures around Pashow, as if in anticipation of finding another elixir. The inside cover of each folio contains the words “For you as part of our deal. —S.P.”

The scrolls are all written in large letters as if by a giant. They present the writer’s thoughts about the two folios’ contents, including her skepticism about the alchemical-astral reaction. As you study these writings, you can tell that the author is obsessed with recovering a sun orchid elixir, though it seems more a point of pride and obsession that it is a matter of rejuvenation or profit. The last scroll records the reports from spies who attempted to track down the folios’ author. The author of the scrolls believes that the author of the books is one Professor Kramolag, a member of the Aspis Consortium who operates several laboratories in Nidal in order to research phenomena from beyond the stars and beyond the Material Plane. There is enough information in these scrolls that a dedicated researcher might be able to deduce these laboratories’ locations....

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger Lord 15 (HP: 203203), Init: +8* (+10 mountains/Hills/Jungle, +14 Urban), AC: 25 T: 18, FF: 20, Perception +25, +31 v Humans, +27 v. Undead/constructs), F: +18, R: +20, W: +11, CMB: +18, CMD: 36

Sorry guys. I've been keeping up with my games, but this one didn't show new posts. Bishop would likely be brooding, as is his M.O. when his arrows fail him.

The ranger snaps from his self-deprecation to join the party. "By the gods! Thank Erastil that the vial was in this space. I can't imagine reporting that we smashed them. I think we need to get this information over to trusted sources with all haste. We need to find these laboratories and arrive while the trail is fresh."

Timber's mild howl brings Bishop's attention to the agents, "Erastil provides twice the bounty, though thanks goes more to our friend Davo. How are you? Can the two of you walk?"

Once confirmed, the ranger seems ready, "I suggest we get to Emir posthaste."

Sovereign Court

Gnome
Vitals:
Archivist 15 hp 123/123 | F +12 (14) R +17 (19) W +17 (19) | AC 29 (32) T 16 (19) FF 26 CMD 24 Perception +26 (28)

The gnome immediately sits down, cross-legged, and loses himself in the papers. He begins to read at inhuman speeds... and to be fair, he isn't, precisely. When a gnome puts their mind to something... well, it is unlikely the Professor will be taking food for a bit.

I'm happy to use the rest of my Lore Masters take 20 on the documents (I have two left), which puts me in the mid to high 40s. Or is this intended as a group effort, or does it seem like we will need outside sources?


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

You've learned about all you can from the scrolls and books right now (i.e. all the scenario gives me). And it seems like a convenient jumping point for Part II, yes? ;) By which I mean, we've just got some more RP wrap-up to do over the next few days and then wait for Part II to be released (on Wednesday) so we can start it.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger Lord 15 (HP: 203203), Init: +8* (+10 mountains/Hills/Jungle, +14 Urban), AC: 25 T: 18, FF: 20, Perception +25, +31 v Humans, +27 v. Undead/constructs), F: +18, R: +20, W: +11, CMB: +18, CMD: 36

Sounds good to me!

The Exchange

Male DEMON LORD OF THE RASPING RIFTS, God of Commerce, Electricty, and Insects Sorceror(Crossblood[Draconic, Orc]) 15 (HP 67/92) (AC 21/15/17) (CMD 20) (Fort +16, Ref +16, Will +12) (Init +14) (Perception +29)

"Zat was painful, but at least ve recovered ze elixirs... I agree, ve should get zem to ze Emir as quickly as possible."

Nikolai pauses thoughtfully.

"Zat said..."

He then moves to assist as best he can with retrieving the injured from the pile of rubble.

Sadly, his physique is not especially imposing ;-)

Silver Crusade

Dwarf Inquisitor 12 | HP 88/147 | AC22* T12* FF20* | CMD 25* | F16* R9* W15* | Init +6 | Per +19

Thorgan sets his axe down and leans upon it in order to rub his temples.

"Ach! Why d' they always use their initials? It's not like 't hides 'em if ye've only got a couple leads, and 't jess taxes th' minds o' any dwarves involved!"

Thorgan begins pacing, reciting "S...B..." aloud to himself.

Not sure if we're supposed to know who that is?

251 to 300 of 813 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Endless Forms' PFS All For Immortality Series (1-3) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.