GM Batpony PFS 5-21 Merchant's Wake 2 (Inactive)

Game Master Batpony

Merchant's wake 2 Maps and Handouts


1 to 50 of 266 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Please do introduce and describe your character in your first post :)

You find a letter address to you waiting on the Lodge's table.

Pathfinders,

As the seasons change and the fickle winds alter their course to bring rain to a parched land, so too do the Ten once again turn their eyes toward Qadira and its riches. Sadly, the circumstances are tragic, not celebratory. Trade Princess Zarmina Bahjari, mentor and aunt-by-marriage to the esteemed Trade Prince Aaqir al Hakam, passed away recently, and the family is holding a wake for her at their estate in Katheer. The trade prince has asked a handful of agents to join him for this event, and I request that you do just that both as a show of solidarity for an important ally of the Society. I understand he also has other work for you that might prove quite lucrative,so as long as he does not ask for anything too bizarre, I trust you will honor his requests as you would my own.

I am away on business, but I had another agent retrieve several worthy items from my personal vault. Please take one to offer to the family in the name of the Society and me during the wake.

Be civil,
Venture-Captain Esmayl ibn Qaradi

You are to decide on a gift to bring to the wake: a silver-chased scimitar, a gold ring bearing three sapphires, or a steel shield bearing an image of Sarenrae painted in gold and studded with garnets.
Once you have decided this, you shall proceed to travel to meet Trade Prince Aaqir al'Hakam.

The Exchange

M Human Telekineticist/4 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 39/39 (0 NL) | F +7 R +8 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +9

Kinetic dot.

A well-dressed dark-skinned man reads the letter, a muffled jingle of metal betraying the presence of armor under his cloak. A dagger is his only apparent weapon, along with a pair of belt pouches that clink when he walks. "I am Jivan of Vudra, a confirmed member of the Society." As he refolds the letter it can be seen that his fingers are long and delicate, and show no signs that he has performed manual labor.

"All three are worthy gifts, to be sure. For the Trade-Princess, unless she was known for her martial skills the ring is likely the most appropriate gift."

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Wayang Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

A short figure, features obscured deeply within a dark robe, holds out his hand to read the letter. A raised pattern of white dots dance across the back of the deep indigo colored hand. He pulls back his cowl to read better, revealing that the pattern of dots covers much of his face as well.

"Indeed; three worthy gifts for an esteemed woman. I can hardly think anyone would find offense with any choice. But which is the best choice."

The wayang's eyelids flutter as he mutters to himself briefly, then he takes a closer look at all three items.

Spellcraft DC 15:
Casting Detect Magic
Dice rolls if needed
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


A lengthy , white haired elf moves toward the table. The sound of daggers banging together is noticeable. He picks up the letter and reads it with his glaring green eyes.

"All three gifts seem esteemed enough for such a woman. Each one would merit a fine decoration."

The rogue puts the letter back on the table. He finds a table and and waits for other Society members to arrive.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

You are able to identify the items as a +1 scimitar, a ring of protection +1, and a +1 light fortification light steel shield.

Scarab Sages

Male N/G Human Cleric(Ecclesitheurge)/8 | HP: 87/87| AC/FF/Tch: 13/13/9 | CMD: 14 | F/R/W: +12/3/13 | Init: +1 | Speed 30 ft | Init:+1 | Perc+11, Diplo+15, Heal+9, KnArc+6, KnHis+6, KnNob+6, KnRel+9, Ling+6, SMot+16, SCft+7, Surv +6 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

dotting

The Exchange

M Human Telekineticist/4 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 39/39 (0 NL) | F +7 R +8 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +9

Naxian, you should use your character alias to post here.

Scarab Sages

Male N/G Human Cleric(Ecclesitheurge)/8 | HP: 87/87| AC/FF/Tch: 13/13/9 | CMD: 14 | F/R/W: +12/3/13 | Init: +1 | Speed 30 ft | Init:+1 | Perc+11, Diplo+15, Heal+9, KnArc+6, KnHis+6, KnNob+6, KnRel+9, Ling+6, SMot+16, SCft+7, Surv +6 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

[b]"One can never have too many rings. An abundance of weapons and armor serves no one."[b]

Guy is robed, armed, and armored like a mage but wears the trappings of a cleric of Sarenrae. He has the dusky complexion of a native of their destnation and has an Osirian accent. He is small of stature and walks flat footed.

I have a different character that would disagree vehemently about the attitude that you can have too many weapons :)

Please tell me we have a melee character in the party!

The Exchange

NG Male Tengu Barbarian 2 | AC 18/12/16 (16/10/14) | HP 16/24 (20/28) | CMD 17 | F +5, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +8 | DR 1/- | Rage 6/8

The small, bird-like man in the corner pipes up. "Rings, more useful. It can be put on the late lady, or a family member. The best choice."

The Exchange

CN Male Elf Rogue 1 | HP:10/10 | AC:17 | F+2, R+6, W+1 | Init+6 | Perc+7 | CMB+2 | CMD:16 | Speed: 30ft | Immune to sleep |

The Rogue Elf in the corner says, "You can never have too many weapons. I disagree with anyone who says otherwise. However, that sapphire ring would make a nice addition to a woman's finger."

Itching for adventure, the rogue shuffles in his seat. I'm not used to sitting around so much. Why would someone think you can have too many weapons?, Naxian thinks to himself.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Going to go with the ring then just to keep the game going. And so we begin!

The journey to the Bahjari estate was a peaceful one, there you are greeted by some servants you immediate to your needs and direct you to the study where Trade Prince Aaqir al'Hakam awaits.

Dressed in a white linen robe tied with a silk sash, Trade Prince Aaqir al’Hakam stands behind a desk in this small study. He spreads his arms wide in welcome, though his face speaks to his fatigue and grief. “You are a welcome sight, Pathfinders, and I trust you are here at the behest of the esteemed Esmayl ibn Qaradi. As you can tell, this is not a day to uncover fresh secrets. Rather, it is one of mourning for Zarmina Bahjari—a noble trade princess, my mentor, and the reason I ever became a trade prince. I am here to see to her estate, act as executor of her will, and carry on her commercial interests.

“It may seem strange to engage in business during so somber an occasion, but trade happens quickly in Qadira; my late aunt by marriage would actually be disappointed were I not to wrangle her vulture-like competitors into submission. Even so, it would be unseemly for a member of Zarmina’s family to conduct business at her wake.

“Though I have inherited much from my mentor, I do not intend to sit idly and live off her successes. It is still my intention to strengthen trade routes with throughout the Inner Sea while making the Pathfinder Society my chief ally. I want you to stand as an example of what we have to gain by continuing to work with the western nations.

“For that reason, I requested the Society’s aid because we have only a brief window of opportunity to speak with our rivals and convince them instead to become our allies. There are five in particular that I would benefit from your attention, and I understand several of them maintain their own rivalries with one another. Win over as many as you can, and I shall speak with them afterward to negotiate any details. Is that agreeable?”

He will answer any questions you have at this point.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

You also try to recall what you know about Katheer's burial traditions.

Knowledge, Religion or Local DC10:
A typical wake begins as a somber affair, but it’s common for the mood to lighten as the sun warms the room and the living share stories about the deceased and comfort the surviving family members.

Knowledge, Religion or Local DC15:
As dusk approaches, those in attendance wish the deceased peace through speeches and gifts that might accompany the deceased to the grave. Not only does this honor the dead, but it’s also an opportunity to comfort the living and remind those present to make the world a better place.

Knowledge, Religion or Local DC20:
A less common funerary practice involves exposing the corpse to the sun for a week or more in conjunction with simple magic to prevent the corpse from decomposing. During this time, family and friends watch over the body to keep scavengers away.

Scarab Sages

Male N/G Human Cleric(Ecclesitheurge)/8 | HP: 87/87| AC/FF/Tch: 13/13/9 | CMD: 14 | F/R/W: +12/3/13 | Init: +1 | Speed 30 ft | Init:+1 | Perc+11, Diplo+15, Heal+9, KnArc+6, KnHis+6, KnNob+6, KnRel+9, Ling+6, SMot+16, SCft+7, Surv +6 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

KnRel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

"May I ask what rites you plan to practice? As a cleric of Sarenrae I particularly appreciate the rite that involves bathing the deceased in sunlight for a week. I don't suppose you are planning on performing this rite and whether you would mind having an Osirian priest of Sarenrae like myself participate in some small capacity?"

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Wayang Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 I know all of the things.

"Trade Prince, this is all agreeable. I can see why your family should not be seen to participate, but we would be happy to warm the room to you as the mood of the occasion inevitably lightens."

He walks over to the window, glancing outside at the bright sun shining over the city. Looking at the Trade Prince's white linen, he tugs at his enveloping black cloak. "I think I'm going to have to find some different attire for the event; I may not survive the day in this."

"Who are these rivals, and what can you tell us about each, specifically?"

The Exchange

M Human Telekineticist/4 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 39/39 (0 NL) | F +7 R +8 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +9

"I am certainly willing to assist, though I am not the most persuasive. There may be services I can perform that would be of use."

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Asking the hard question! I like.

The Trade Prince turns to the cleric, "While most of the funerals are officiated by Sarenrae's representatives, An old family friend, Umut Tepemkau, a cleric of Pharasma from Osirion shall be preforming the rites, as specified with Zarmina's will. Surely you, as a fine representative of Sarenrae, there should be no problem with you participating with the preparation. I shall have my servant make the arrangements."

Turning to the rest of the group, "The local custom is to wear at least some white. However, Zarmina had many foreign contacts who are likely to attend in many styles of dress, so as long as you are clean and presentable, you are welcome to wear what you wish."

“I or one of my assistants shall point them out as they arrive. Their names are Pellius Melkior from Andoran, Doritannia Raffella from Taldor, Temel Passad from Druma, Jakti al’Awar from Qadira, and Metella Rauger from the Five Kings Mountains. I understand that Passad, al’Awar, and Rauger are particularly influential.."

With that, he notions a young man, who introduces himself as Ali, to tend to your needs.

The Exchange

Male Elf CN Rogue 1 | HP:10/10 | AC:17 | F+2, R+6, W+1 | Init+6 | Perc+7 | CMB+2 | CMD:16 | Speed: 30ft | Immune to sleep |

This is my character from now on. Seems I had a dumb moment and was confusing myself on who I should post as. Just assume this whole time I have been posting as this character. Finally got it figured out(for now).

"I would also like to know more of these rivals you speak of."
"I am not very influential, but hope I can be of service. I should try and make use of myself while I am here"

Thinking to myself. I will be clean and presentable, but white is asking too much of this rogue. How am I to stay in the shadows in white? I would stick out like an Orc at a Goblin raid.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Self thoughts are normally italicized.

"It seems everyone is eager to know more about the five merchant, If there are no more questions, you may follow my servant Ali to the guest hall and he will explain the rest."

Ali, approaches the study room's door and is waiting for the pathfinderss.

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Wayang Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

"Trade Prince, I am most happy to wear white; in this weather, in fact, I prefer it. I would be happy to visit a tailor you have on retainer, or, if you will, your staff can point to a dependable merchant in town. Whichever is easiest in this troubled time."

Tenibri follows the servant through the doorway at Trade Prince Aaqir al'Hakam's behest, anxious to learn more.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

"Please, don't burden yourself with your wardrobe, if it would please you, my servant Ali can provide you with a white robe customary to our tradition."

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

You follow the servant down the grand stairs, at this time the Prince still accompanies you to answer any lingering questions you have. As you make your way down the stairs Ali points out each of the honorary guest to you.

“Temel Passad is a prophet of Kalistrade, an adherent to a strict set of personal codes that supposedly aid in one’s earning wealth. He is a clever man that the Society has dealt with before—typically under pleasant circumstances. His business ventures sometimes compete with those of the Five Kings Mountains, which has led to a rivalry with Metella Rauger."

“Doritannia Raffella buys and sells alcohol and spirits. She comes from a common household yet elevated her status through her own acumen and hard work, though she recently fell on hard times. No doubt her experience would be a valuable asset to any business venture.”
“Metella Rauger represents several trading houses from the Five Kings Mountains, and she has worked with the Society and its allies before. She’s stubborn but fair. No doubt she will be on edge here thanks to Temel Passad’s having decided to attend and honor Zarmina’s memory.”

“Pellius Melkior is from Andoran and has established himself as a reliable trader of durable goods in his country. Rumor has it that he has also looked into expanding his business into the River Kingdoms and Taldor.”

“Jakti al’Awar has spent much time abroad and only recently returned to Qadira. He maintains a small business in magic items, and some speculate that his travels and business are primarily for scholarly purposes. What is known is mostly speculation; he is something of an unknown here.”

Here's where it get's tricky folks! When you are ready, you shall mingle with these guest in order to gain influence. There are specific rules on how to gain influence.

Influence Rules:

During the course of your conversation, you may pretend to be friendly (bluff check) or be genuine (Diplomacy check). Alternatively there may be an additional possible influence specific skill check for the NPC. You may only make 2 influence checks so make your decision wisely! I will also tell you when they are friendly towards you so that you need not spend anymore influence checks on them. Also during the course of the conversation, the NPC's may ask for favors if the conversation heeds in the right direction, look out for these favors as they don't count towards your two influence checks! Happy Mingling!

The Exchange

Female Half elf Cleric 5 / Sorc 7 Init +1 HP 71/71 AC 20 T12 FF19 Fort +10 Ref+8 Will+15 Perc +10 Channel 3d6 7/7 CLW Wand 33/50 CMW 3/50 Spd 40"

Sorry, haven't seen the game started

The lovely half elf gives a silent prayer to Abadar, then speaks
Making new acquaintances and establishing a network of good willing trading is essential. I'll help to the best of my abilities in this endeavour.

The Exchange

NG Male Tengu Barbarian 2 | AC 18/12/16 (16/10/14) | HP 16/24 (20/28) | CMD 17 | F +5, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +8 | DR 1/- | Rage 6/8

"And what d'you want us to do, exactly? Cozy up to them? Seems the most logical course of action."

The Exchange

Female Half elf Cleric 5 / Sorc 7 Init +1 HP 71/71 AC 20 T12 FF19 Fort +10 Ref+8 Will+15 Perc +10 Channel 3d6 7/7 CLW Wand 33/50 CMW 3/50 Spd 40"

I'll have to find some white clothes first, I guess, before we go.

Scarab Sages

Male N/G Human Cleric(Ecclesitheurge)/8 | HP: 87/87| AC/FF/Tch: 13/13/9 | CMD: 14 | F/R/W: +12/3/13 | Init: +1 | Speed 30 ft | Init:+1 | Perc+11, Diplo+15, Heal+9, KnArc+6, KnHis+6, KnNob+6, KnRel+9, Ling+6, SMot+16, SCft+7, Surv +6 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Guy drags Tenebri along with him (or at least attempts to).

"Hey, Tenebri , lets go talk to this guy Jakti al’Awar! Arcane matters have always interested me and you seem to know a bit about that kind of stuff!. I'll bet I could learn a lot about magic from you two!"

Does Tenebri accompany him?

I'm thinking a Knowledge Arcana roll might sway him, and Guy is going to use diplomacy. Can we take 10? If anyone has profession (merchant) or knowledge history or local, they might have an in with one of the others.

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Wayang Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

"I appreciate your assistance, Trade Prince." Tenebri gives his sizes to the servant so that a proper robe can be found.

Tenibri follows Guy. "Whether Jakti al'Awar's interest in the arcane is to our advantage remains to be seen, but I know that I will be most entertained to speak with someone whose interests lean that way." The wayang smiles. "I will be glad to assist any way that I can."

The Exchange

Male Elf CN Rogue 1 | HP:10/10 | AC:17 | F+2, R+6, W+1 | Init+6 | Perc+7 | CMB+2 | CMD:16 | Speed: 30ft | Immune to sleep |

I am reluctant to new people myself and somewhat stubborn. Perhaps I will try to cozy up to Metella Rauger. Perhaps our mutual stubborn personalities will be of mutual benefit.

A reluctant elf moves toward Metella Rauger and prepares to conversate.
"Good day to you Metella Rauger. I am Naxian, a most trustworthy elf. I am usually reluctant to gain new acquaintances, but in these times it's important to try. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know. Perhaps my abilities could be of service to you.". Naxian offers his hand to greet Metella Rauger.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

The Trade Prince in a calm reply turns to Davor, "The Society's influence is an underestimated one, If these traders are made known to be friendly with the society, It would be in my benefit for future trade agreements, my wish is for the Society to expand their influence."As to the rest of the party he says " The Society's work will be one for a good cause, and the Society will be in my debt, thank you all for agreeing to this, If you would excuse me, I will need to play party host, please make yourself comfortable, eat, drink, and be mingle."

You may take ten, You may aid another but aiding another will count towards using your influence checks so I will advise against it at the start. But there are a possible 10 checks (2 each PC) with 12 total for the NPCs.

Upon the Trade Prince dismissal, the young elf Naxian makes his way towards Metella. Metella is a redheaded dwarf who wears a tabard emblazoned with the Five Kings Mountains heraldry. You note that she frequently touches her belt with her right hand.

"My dear Naxian, it's a pleasure to meet you, but forgive me in asking, who are you to provide me this services? I know nothing or have not heard about you."
Perhaps it would be good to explain who your are representing.

Scarab Sages

Male N/G Human Cleric(Ecclesitheurge)/8 | HP: 87/87| AC/FF/Tch: 13/13/9 | CMD: 14 | F/R/W: +12/3/13 | Init: +1 | Speed 30 ft | Init:+1 | Perc+11, Diplo+15, Heal+9, KnArc+6, KnHis+6, KnNob+6, KnRel+9, Ling+6, SMot+16, SCft+7, Surv +6 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Guy approaches Jakti al’Awar after casting guidance on himself.

"Greetings, noble scholar. We, that is Tenibri here and myself, Guy du Loc, are here to represent the Pathfinder Society. I understand you to be a man knowledgeable in the Arcane field? Our society, as you may well know, is constantly exploring new lands, unearthing new arcane discoveries, and working in mutually beneficial partnership with men like you. I would love to hear of some of your discoveries and perhaps I and the other society members could pass any exciting developments on to you!"

Take 10 on diplomacy for 17.

The Exchange

M Human Telekineticist/4 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 39/39 (0 NL) | F +7 R +8 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +9

I am not suited for this...I shall have to trust to luck.
Jivan makes his way across the floor to Doritannia, bowing in greeting as he approaches. "My lady, I represent the Pathfinder Society. The Trade Prince recommended I speak with you."

Untrained Diplomacy check: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Looks like Jivan has something in his teeth, or badly mispronounced something.

The Exchange

Male Elf CN Rogue 1 | HP:10/10 | AC:17 | F+2, R+6, W+1 | Init+6 | Perc+7 | CMB+2 | CMD:16 | Speed: 30ft | Immune to sleep |

"My apologies Metella Rauger, but I represent the Pathfinder Society. With lack of age or experience, I will make up for with enthusiasm. I see by your tabard that you represent trading houses from the Five Kings Mountains. I have noticed your intricately designed belt, may I ask where you got it from."

Lets see if a little flattery will persuade her.

Untrained Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 11

I'm guessing that's the correct dice roll

The Exchange

Female Half elf Cleric 5 / Sorc 7 Init +1 HP 71/71 AC 20 T12 FF19 Fort +10 Ref+8 Will+15 Perc +10 Channel 3d6 7/7 CLW Wand 33/50 CMW 3/50 Spd 40"

Diplomacy, Aid Guy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

May Abadar bring you beneficial opportunities.We're here to establish contact, as legitimate messengers from the Pathfinders, and hopefully make some business together.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Just so it's clear, you may not attempt another social skill check on the same NPC once you have done, also i'll track your available influence checks left in the player spoiler. Everyone can make the sense motive checks as you are all within ear's reach of each other.

***Guy, Baeid***

Jakti is large and somewhat physically imposing figures, he turns favourably to the pathfinder's present to him. "I have heard many a good things about the pathfinder society, I am, I am indeed a scholar of Arcane arts, perhaps maybe you could share with me what you know first about religion? I say, isn't in here? It's a shame the guards do not open the windows.
You sense you can motivate him more by a knowledge (religion) check.

sense motive DC10:
You can gain a favour (+5 to all checks on Jakti if you open the windows

sense motive DC15:
He is hiding the real reason behind why he wants the windows open

***Jivan***

Doritannia is an attractive Taldan woman in her 30s with long brown hair. She is dressed finely but moves with none of the grace and bearing that might suggest a noble upbringing. "Excuse me? Who are you? You sense that maybe if you intimidate her, you may get somewhere.

sense motive DC20:
You notices she often looks to Temel Passad for approval before answering a question.

***Naxian***

"The pathfinders! I'm much familiar with the pathfinders. You are surely welcomed in my hearts! I received this from my father, a great warrior of dwarfs. Say, I know something you can help me out with! I'm been in much of a humiliating situation thanks to that cruel Temel! It would amuse me if he got a taste of his own medicine! Maybe if someone switched his sniffing powder with a sneezing one! heh. heh. Speaking of pathfinders, I'm known that you are experts in all sorts of dealings! You have unlocked a favour, if you switch the sniffing powder, all pathfinders will get +5 bonus on all checks for Metella. Also you know that you may expand your influence if you make a profession check with Metella

GM screen:

Temel=0
Doritannia=0
Metella=1
Pellius=0
Jakti Al'awar=2

Players:

Influence checks available
2=Tenibri, Davor
1=Naxian,Baeid,Jivan,Guy du Loc
I suggest you mingle and possibly look for favours before attempting the checks, it would surely help you! Don't think you need to make the check right when you talk to them! :)

Scarab Sages

Male N/G Human Cleric(Ecclesitheurge)/8 | HP: 87/87| AC/FF/Tch: 13/13/9 | CMD: 14 | F/R/W: +12/3/13 | Init: +1 | Speed 30 ft | Init:+1 | Perc+11, Diplo+15, Heal+9, KnArc+6, KnHis+6, KnNob+6, KnRel+9, Ling+6, SMot+16, SCft+7, Surv +6 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

How do we look for favors? You said "You sense you can motivate him more by a knowledge (religion) check.". Does that mean a way to gain a favor or an additional influence point? And since Guy was already successful with him does it make sense to influence him again?

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

If the conversation is right, they will ask you for favors. Not all NPC's give favors. It was not explicitly stated but a sense motive DC10 check would let me know that opening the window is the favour for Jakti. You were successful in gaining influence with him but you need to score a certain amount of influence points before that character becomes "friendly" to you, at that time I shall let you know if they have become "friendly."

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Wayang Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15

Having followed Guy to assist with the wooing of Jakti, Tenibri hears the request to open the windows. Not convinced that the temperature is the man's true motivation, he nonetheless moves over to the windows and quietly opens a few.

Sensing that his arcane knowledge won't be a true motivator here, he moves on, leaving Guy and Beaid to handle the large man.

He instead approaches Temel. "Hello good sir. My name is Tenibri; I am here on behalf of our host and the Pathfinder Society. I understand you are no stranger to our operation and have found our assistance to be to your advantage in the past."

"Though the occasion is somber, there is no need for that to dampen our moods or our work. How do you find the day?"

Scarab Sages

Male N/G Human Cleric(Ecclesitheurge)/8 | HP: 87/87| AC/FF/Tch: 13/13/9 | CMD: 14 | F/R/W: +12/3/13 | Init: +1 | Speed 30 ft | Init:+1 | Perc+11, Diplo+15, Heal+9, KnArc+6, KnHis+6, KnNob+6, KnRel+9, Ling+6, SMot+16, SCft+7, Surv +6 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Sense motive Jakti: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Sense motive Doritannia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Guy is on fire! He will pass the information he has along to the others between influence sessions. You may all open the sense motive spoilers.

Let me know when Guy should take another action. I've done one diplo action for this round, but I'm not sure whether opening the window, communicating the sense motive results, or trying knowledge religion, or any of the other potential actions may be done now or need to wait for the next influence round or for the current influence round to end.

The Exchange

Male Elf CN Rogue 1 | HP:10/10 | AC:17 | F+2, R+6, W+1 | Init+6 | Perc+7 | CMB+2 | CMD:16 | Speed: 30ft | Immune to sleep |

"Metella, switching sneezing powder for itching powder sounds like it will bring about quite a few laughs. Where does he keep this powder of his!"

I will try switching these powders, but what would be the best way to do so?

Let me know when anyone wants to try with Metella so I can have these powders switched. That +5 bonus should come in handy

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

You guys can take all your actions at anytime without worrying, doing favors do not count as "actions", so you are free to do so, and it would be advantageous to do so! So you may want to consider holding off all your available actions until the favours are completed. (if they are)

***Tenibri***

The windows as you approach them are locked, the servants surely have the keys. Or you can Disable Device.

Temel Passad is a tall man with carefully groomed hair and an oiled beard. He wears pristine white clothing heavy with gold embroidery and gems. In following the tenets of the Prophets of Kalistrade, he avoids physical contact with others and partakes in only a small number of the refreshments available.

"Good day to you Tenibri,ah, the Society, yes I have had dealings with them in the past and have respect for your work, however don't get me wrong, your group favoured Metella over me! Nonetheless, let bygones be bygones. My day has been well this far, and let's hope Metella here does nothing to spoil it!"
If you poke a little more, he will surely ask for a favour!

***Naxian***

"Well, between me and you, it's either in his right back pocket, or his room" She whispers this to him. You can try either one, the pocket requires a sleight of hand check, and the room requires a disable device and stealth check.

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Wayang Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Tenibri places his hands together at his chest and respectfully bows towards the tall man.

"Well, there's no sense feeling like the Society favors your business competition over your own. Perhaps there's something I could do for you that would let you see that the Pathfinder Society respects and assists all of its friends?"

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Tenibri, Did you want to continue to try opening the Windows?

The well groomed man chuckles lightly at Tenibri, "But of course! I bear no ill will towards the Society, well, there is something you can do for me. I'm one to find my rivalry with Metella one of a humorous one. It would be extremely funny if she didn't have her one and only copy of her speech! All in good fun. I don't suppose you can swipe it off her, or maybe it's in her room!"

The Exchange

M Human Telekineticist/4 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 39/39 (0 NL) | F +7 R +8 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +9

Untrained Intimidate check: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Jivan glares at the woman. "I am a trained and confirmed agent of the Pathfinder Society. Do not trifle with me." He produces his wayfinder as proof of his assertion.

Scarab Sages

Male N/G Human Cleric(Ecclesitheurge)/8 | HP: 87/87| AC/FF/Tch: 13/13/9 | CMD: 14 | F/R/W: +12/3/13 | Init: +1 | Speed 30 ft | Init:+1 | Perc+11, Diplo+15, Heal+9, KnArc+6, KnHis+6, KnNob+6, KnRel+9, Ling+6, SMot+16, SCft+7, Surv +6 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

I am going wait on my second action to allow some favors to be done first then. We had a success with Jakti, does that mean it would be a waste to influence him again?

The Exchange

Male Elf CN Rogue 1 | HP:10/10 | AC:17 | F+2, R+6, W+1 | Init+6 | Perc+7 | CMB+2 | CMD:16 | Speed: 30ft | Immune to sleep |

Let's try my sleight of hand. Seems logical that you would have powder on your person for when it's needed

Naxian casually moves over to where Temel is standing and prepares to check for powder in his pocket.

Sleight of hand: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 1 = 14

Once again I believe that check is correct. Sleight of hand check 1d20 + 8 - armor check

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Wayang Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Yes, Tenibri is still interested in opening a window. I didn't want to try to roleplay two scenes at once, though, but now I see that I can combine them.

Tenibri just gives Temel a wink. "I like your sense of humor, man. I like it."

He leaves the man and seeks out the servant that had been tasked with fetching an appropriate white robe for his use at this event. Knowing that the fellow is already predisposed to filling his requests, Tenibri presses that advantage. "Good sir, I need your help. I was hoping to open a window or two--it's stuffy in here, you know--I don't suppose that you have the key. Oh, and is that the robe the Trade Prince had sent for? Oh good."

Tenibri grabs the white robe from the servant, and looks around a bit as if looking for a place to change. "Say, the Trade Prince hasn't assigned us rooms yet, and I need a place..." he eyes the robe, and his midsection, and then the robe again. "You know."

He looks back into the room, and tracks the lady Metella with his gaze, making certain that the servant can follow the gaze and see who he indicates. "Metella and I are close, and she promised any service she could provide me. If you could unlock her room for me for just a second, I can change in there. Excellent; appreciate your good work."

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

The servant looks confused at the moment, "Well if Metella said that, who am I to question." He goes and unlocks the door for Tenibri, he pauses, thinks a while and replies. "But master Tenibri, we're under strict orders by the Prince to keep all Windows locked."

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Wayang Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +11, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

"Hmmm, that's curious; did the Trade Prince say why the windows must remain closed?"

The Exchange

Female Half elf Cleric 5 / Sorc 7 Init +1 HP 71/71 AC 20 T12 FF19 Fort +10 Ref+8 Will+15 Perc +10 Channel 3d6 7/7 CLW Wand 33/50 CMW 3/50 Spd 40"

Baied takes the time to study the different people in the room, how they interact, who they avoid, who they prefer.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

If there are enemies in that room, it can be useful to know how the emotions flows

Trying to read the room's mood

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

The servant Ali whispers, "He says it was for security."

Baied:
Regarding the people immediately within the room, the traders are not particularly sad for the occasion, you only sense some distrust from one person. Jakti.

The Exchange

M Human Telekineticist/4 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 39/39 (0 NL) | F +7 R +8 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +9

GM BP, any result from Jivan's attempt to intimidate?

1 to 50 of 266 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Batpony PFS 5-21 Merchant's Wake 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.