GM AbyssDancer's 'Ire of the Storm'

Game Master AbyssDancer

Drawn by tales of long-lost temples and the abandoned riches of long-dead heretical cults, the PCs are not the first treasure-hunters, fortune-seekers, or troubled souls hoping for a fresh start at the frontier town of Pridon's Hearth. But dark threatening stormclouds are gathering beyond the horizon, for both the colonists and for the wider region. It is far from certain that this mixed group of heroes and chancers will survive to make their fortune, and in so doing shield the growing colony from raging tempests and hostile monsters. Dare they brave the Ire of the Storm?


601 to 650 of 1,214 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

ranger stuff

Smiling, Iradyiel nods to Chest Thumper then follows him off of the path. Drawing the bow from it's scabbard he strings it, ready to target the possible threat following them.


Female Human Oracle 3
Stats:
Init: +8 | HP: 22/25 | AC: 16 | FF: 14 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +3 | Will: +3 | Perc: +3 | 1; 0/6 Spells Left

Aza begins to move away from the others in silent agreement, staying a bit behind the group, herself - she really didn't have much she could do to assist in preparations, as she didn't know how long it might be until whoever was following them arrived. Still, she lowers herself and her steadily dripping staff into the grass, placing herself at a good enough distance to not be incidentally targeted by any large field of magic. Her fingers twitch with anticipation of the need to cast a blessing on her companions all the same.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


You settle down and wait. Scattered 10 to 15 feet apart with Vedic and Aza at the rear the party lay in the long grass, hunkering down prone behind what cover you can find. For perhaps the very first time since arriving on the Cobalt Eye the party are glad of the constant rain and the gusting winds: it means that the mosquitos and horseflies endemic to the marshy areas and grasslands here are absent, and the party escape being eaten alive.

It is only 5 to 10 minutes before Iradyiel’s keen eyes spot movement at the treeline they so recently left. A solitary figure, bent low, exits the tree line and slowly, cautiously starts to move down the slope, following the path the party took. Then another; then a third is spotted further ahead than the first. They are humanoid but unclothed and their silhouettes seem to merge into and out of the grass. There are at least three and may be more, approaching down the grassy slope and slipping from cover to cover with bows drawn. As they get closer their features become more clear: lizardfolk, but of a type you have not seen before.

And then without warning a further figure emerges from the treeline: a densely-muscled reptilian horror, a terrifyingly stocky lizard as large as a rhino but with a vivid green scaly hide. It pauses on the edge of the paddock; a seated lizardfolk atop it rises and points onward with a flagged spear. Steadily and with careful steps it begins to pad its way down the hillside, keeping sixty feet or so behind the scouts spreading out in front. This is an apex predator from the deep jungles further east, and stands a clear six feet tall at the shoulder - a seriously mean-looking beast.

Perhaps it’s not too late to be eaten alive after all.

You have plenty of time to prepare – it will take ten minutes or more for them to reach level with you regardless of whether they are following your trail or that of the Song’o. You are hidden, but might not remain so as the scout on your side of their group approaches closer. I’ll make a secret contested stealth check for you as a group based on the stealth rating of those at the front. Movement, or too much complex communication between you, might modify this check.

I’ve added an image of the beast and these new lizardfolk to the foot of the status and loot sheet above. Whatya doing?


I note that Iradyiel has not explicitly been healed back up to full health after his tangle with the ochre jelly, and some of the others are a few HP down. Can I assume that someone dished out full healing last night around the campfire?


Female Human Oracle 3
Stats:
Init: +8 | HP: 22/25 | AC: 16 | FF: 14 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +3 | Will: +3 | Perc: +3 | 1; 0/6 Spells Left

Aza had quite a few spell slots left over, she would've spent those before they rested to get everybody back up.


Aza Barrett wrote:
Aza had quite a few spell slots left over, she would've spent those before they rested to get everybody back up.

OK thanks Aza I'll adjust the log sheet.


Pious is content to wait for the time being, waiting to see what happens. The best traps must be sprung pertinently, Plus he's not a lot of use at range.


HP 10/14, AC 16, CMD 10, Fort -1, +1 Ref, +2 Will, +6 Perception Admixture 7/7, Active Effects: Message, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Mage Armor

Vedic looked for a place to thoroughly hide.

Taking 20 on Stealth for 26

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Male Half-Orc 3rd level Druid CG Medium humanoid (orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision, scent; Perc: +12 Francis - Init +4; Senses Lowlight vison, Perc: +1

Francis lets out an indeterminate grumble as the giant lizard appears. Chest Thumper is just as intimidated by the beast but he cannot resist the urge to tease his brother.

"What? That one's all yours. We'll handle the rest, you just wrestle that one down," he taunts.

Still, he eases closer to his brother and rests his hand on his shoulder, casting a spell to thicken his hide and fur.

Casting Barkskin on Francis. If the dino thing is close enough when the lizardfolk launch their attack (only 30') he'll hit it with Summon Swarm (spiders.) If not, he'll cast Magic Fang on Francis.


Female Human Oracle 3
Stats:
Init: +8 | HP: 22/25 | AC: 16 | FF: 14 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +3 | Will: +3 | Perc: +3 | 1; 0/6 Spells Left

"...W-w-well, then." It's all Aza can manage to think, and it inadvertently comes out of her mouth in an expression of shock at the monster the lizardfolk were accompanying. A shiver of fear ran up her spine - every other fight she had been in, she still felt like whatever she was fighting could be reasoned with, or had reasoning for why they fought - even the lizardfolk, extreme as they might be, might've been talked down, but this looked like a force of nature. She mutters something to herself and looks around for her companions, getting into a position where she can bless them before the fighting starts - they would need all the help they could get.

Aza will ready to cast bless when the enemies are only a couple rounds away. This is what I get for not taking any hour-long buffs...


GM rolls:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 1 - 4 = 21d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 151d20 ⇒ 6


Over the course of ten minutes the lizard folk move down the slope with the beast plus its rider lagging the scouts. Watching carefully you think there are four lizardfolk, not three: two flanking a hundred foot to each side, one a hundred feet ahead, and the last a hundred feet ahead of that. The scouts fade in and out of cover; their hides possessing some sort of chameleonic colour-shifting pattern, blending with the grasses and shrubs of the meadow. Throughout their approach, there is no movement from the baobab tree – it is as if the Song’o were never there.

Picture a right-angle triangle. The lizard and its rider are sat low in the grass at the right angle of the triangle, approximately 600’ away from the party and 750’ from the baobab tree. The party are 1000’ from the tree. The nearest scout (on your side of the large lizard) was therefore 500’ away from you when you lost sight of him. In the long grass it’s possible to run at x3 or x4 speed, but at the risk of injury from tripping over hidden hazards: at a safe x2 move 600’ is 10 rounds or 1 minute away, double this if moving stealthily. Iradyiel, your longbow has a range increment of 100’ and you get a -2 modifier for each increment outside that. Vedic, CT: bear in mind spell durations. I’ll assume the Barkskin has already been cast (duration 30 mins) but that you have held off the Shield/ Magic Fang (duration 3 minutes) given the distances involved and anticipating some delay before any action.

The lead lizardfolk scout reaches the point at which the Papaya Knights decided to stop approaching the Song’o and split off to one side. A hand goes up and they halt. There is a consultation; the scouts seem in two minds which direction to follow. The giant lizard sniffs the air, then settles into the long grass and its rider dismounts. The scouts sink onto all fours into the grasses and disappear from sight. You’re not clear whether they are advancing towards you, towards the tree, or both…

A new map is up. It shows the party's concealed position and the ground 200' ahead. Comments / thoughts / reactions?


At this point the lightning tattoo down Pious' arm flickers with white light and a divine vigour.

Casting Divine Favour. Hope you don't mind my playing fast and loose with spell displays, purely cosmetic.

"the patient hunter shall see the beast. But the swift shall eat the meat."

Drawing his sword but keeping it low so as to avoid unwanted attention Pious will move to the front of the group and slowly move forward...


ranger stuff

can we still see the giant lizard? Which way is it going? so there are five Lizard folk including the rider?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Male Half-Orc 3rd level Druid CG Medium humanoid (orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision, scent; Perc: +12 Francis - Init +4; Senses Lowlight vison, Perc: +1

Barkskin has been cast. Casting Magic Fang will be Chest Thumper's 11st action in the surprise round or after we roll initiative.

"I don't like this" Chest Thumper mutters to Francis as they lose sight of the lizardfolk. He gets a low groan of agreement in return.

The Half-orc begins sniffing the air, though he stays low, depending on his newly enhanced sense of smell to warn him when the enemy gets close.

Chest Thumper has scent so he should know when they get within 30'. 60 if the wind is toward him, only 15 if it's away. He won't know exactly where they are, of course.


HP 10/14, AC 16, CMD 10, Fort -1, +1 Ref, +2 Will, +6 Perception Admixture 7/7, Active Effects: Message, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Mage Armor

"Shall I get their attention and draw them this way?" Vedic asked quietly.


Iradyiel Madras wrote:
can we still see the giant lizard? Which way is it going? so there are five Lizard folk including the rider?

The lizard has sat down where the trail split, 600' away. You can still see it there.

Yes, you believe there are only 5 lizardfolk.


ranger stuff

'That's not a bad Idea.' When he notices the Lizards dropping into the grass out of sight, Iradyiel turns to Vedic, and whispers "That's not a bad idea Master Vedic, but no offence, it might be better if someone who is built to endure a frontal assault for a little bit, draw them off."

He looks to the others, "I can move toward the Song'O's location and draw the lizards there, providing you all and the halfling's the opportunity to flank them."


'Pious' Janus Shepherd wrote:

At this point the lightning tattoo down Pious' arm flickers with white light and a divine vigour.

Casting Divine Favour. Hope you don't mind my playing fast and loose with spell displays, purely cosmetic.

"the patient hunter shall see the beast. But the swift shall eat the meat."

Drawing his sword but keeping it low so as to avoid unwanted attention Pious will move to the front of the group and slowly move forward...

The rest of the party see Pious starting to edge his way forward, bent double with sword drawn.

Pious, how much distance do you want to put between you and the rest of the party, if they don't follow you? And, do you want to take a direct route towards the lizardfolk, or instead move out to one side to approach them from the flank?


Female Human Oracle 3
Stats:
Init: +8 | HP: 22/25 | AC: 16 | FF: 14 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +3 | Will: +3 | Perc: +3 | 1; 0/6 Spells Left

Aza casts her blessing of the winds before the party gets too spread apart from one another, and searches for some sign of the lizardfolk. If only they could somehow get rid of all this grass... a sudden flash of fire runs through her mind, and she shakes her head. That would be a very very bad idea for everyone involved. At the sight of Pious inching forward, and the thought of Iradyiel going, alone, to step directly between the lizardfolk and the Song'o, she quickly makes a suggested addendum to the plan - "Iradyiel, if you and Pious both go that m-might be safer - draw them into the Song'o's ambush, and we can flank from behind. I don't know if they kn-know about the traps..."

In any case, Aza will likely stay near the largest cluster of the team.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Male Half-Orc 3rd level Druid CG Medium humanoid (orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision, scent; Perc: +12 Francis - Init +4; Senses Lowlight vison, Perc: +1

Neither Chest Thumper, nor Francis are particularly sneaky and, though the half-orc's armor is made from hide and the ape's from steel, it is the former that would make hiding even more difficult.

"Perhaps if you break cover and run at an angle so you'll pass behind the Song'o's tree as though you're frightened and fleeing they'll grow overconfident and rush into an ambush. Then, while they're focused on you and the halflings we can close the trap behind them," Chest Thumper offers.

He had hoped for an opportunity to show unity with the Song'o by helping them with their pursuers. Now, he feared that the lizardfolk would simply attack his party and the Song'o would simply escape. While that would help them and was not a bad goal, it would be a far worse fight for the Papaya Knights and do little to advance their relationship with the halflings.


HP 10/14, AC 16, CMD 10, Fort -1, +1 Ref, +2 Will, +6 Perception Admixture 7/7, Active Effects: Message, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Mage Armor

"I wasn't planning on doing it myself." Vedic said, tossing his little swirling stone cluster into the air. It whirled to life, momentarily glowing until Vedic shook his head. "No. Be stealthy."


Vedic's familiar dimmed it's glow until it was nonexistent in the light of day. It's orbiting crystals slowed and pulled in tighter toward the larger stone in it's center of mass. It dropped low to the ground and hovered just below the tall grasses.

Taking 10 on Stealth for 20


ranger stuff

Iradyiel smiles and nods as Vedic explains. he then turns his attention to Pious, watching the man, to see how far he moves in front of the rest of the party.


was basically just going to move towards their last known position until the situation changes, but not directly back the way we came in, like you said - flanking (towards the tree side.) The way I see it is this:

The lizards are either hunting us of the halflings. If it's us then they already know we are here but may not be expecting us to have doubled back. When they/we attack, the closer us and the halflings are the better we may be able to help each other. Or they're hunting the halflings, in which case I'd like to be nearer to lend a hand.

Sitting and waiting did not sit well with pious. But as Vedic's glowing shambles whizes past his ear he slows, letting the thing do the scouting.

Pious will keep moving but super slow now, letting the orbs do their thing.


GM roll:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 231d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 181d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


A few tense minutes pass. Vedic’s glowing orb scoots forward keeping low in the swaying grasses. Pious and Iradyiel follow on cautiously behind it at an even slower pace. Aza, Vedic, CT and Francis remain stationary hiding behind better concealment at the rear. Ahead, the bulk of the lizard is clearly visible sitting 600’ away, waiting.

Pious and Iradyiel inch forward maybe 50’ or so before they simultaneously spot the first lizardfolk scout about 150’ ahead, rising out of the grass to scan the field. They freeze and drop prone – but it does not appear they are spotted. The scout pauses, a shortbow decorated with feather trophies at the ready, and then hunkers back down again and continues to advance. It remains visible to them - the meadow is simply too exposed for concealed stalking by human-sized creatures.

Tiny-sized constructs are a different matter. The ioun stone heads straight forward at a far faster speed, aided by its total concealment in the grass. Before long its blindsense detects the scout just 25’ ahead and it slows, considering its options.

Back at the rear, Chest Thumper spots movement – one of the lizardfolk scouts moving stealthily from behind a dika shrub six hundred foot ahead, heading for the Song’o tree. He’s about halfway between the tree and the lizard when you lose sight of him again.

Take a look at the map. I’ve placed the party, the orb and the closest scout on the battle map, with each square being (as normal) 5’ in size. For clarity I’ve also put up a schematic of the wider picture in the top left. The big lizard is sitting at the top left, and everyone else you have spotted is shown relative to each other. Each box here is 100’ in size.

Actions, reactions?


HP 10/14, AC 16, CMD 10, Fort -1, +1 Ref, +2 Will, +6 Perception Admixture 7/7, Active Effects: Message, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Mage Armor

Before the familiar left I wanted to have Vedic use his wand and Share Spells to cast Mage Armor on it.

Vedic tapped Francis with a wand.

Mage Armor on Francis too. 1 hour duration


ranger stuff
Iradyiel Madras wrote:
Iradyiel smiles and nods as Vedic explains. he then turns his attention to Pious, watching the man, to see how far he moves in front of the rest of the party.

Ummmm, Seamus wasn't moving.... he would still be with the rest of the party


Iradyiel Madras wrote:
Iradyiel Madras wrote:
Iradyiel smiles and nods as Vedic explains. he then turns his attention to Pious, watching the man, to see how far he moves in front of the rest of the party.
Ummmm, Seamus wasn't moving.... he would still be with the rest of the party

By Seamus I assume you mean Iradyial? If so then I have updated the map.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Male Half-Orc 3rd level Druid CG Medium humanoid (orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision, scent; Perc: +12 Francis - Init +4; Senses Lowlight vison, Perc: +1

Chest Thumper grunts as he sees the lizardfolk in the distance. Obviously, the scouts had not stayed together. That meant they could be picked off.

He started to creep forward, waving for Francis to come along.

He pauses when he gets near Iradyiel.

"They've split up. I think we can overwhelm them before they can get organized and gathered together," he says quietly to the other half human.

Vedic, Francis is wearing a magic chain shirt, so Mage Armor won't help him.


HP 10/14, AC 16, CMD 10, Fort -1, +1 Ref, +2 Will, +6 Perception Admixture 7/7, Active Effects: Message, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Mage Armor

Gotcha. Nevermind.


Female Human Oracle 3
Stats:
Init: +8 | HP: 22/25 | AC: 16 | FF: 14 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +3 | Will: +3 | Perc: +3 | 1; 0/6 Spells Left

Aza grits her teeth as she listens to the locations, but her head is scattered - she isn't sure of what to do, as all of her spells were short-term and she didn't know exactly when this combat was going to explode, but she listed out what she could do - "I-if we can clear out some of the lesser ones, I can disorient the big l-lizard for a moment - it might buy us more time and keep them from ganging up on us, and then g-get back out." She'll start moving forward herself, keeping down low in the grass - though she felt as though the winds could grant her invisibility, she'd prefer to avoid using that ability until absolutely necessary. If she can get within 30 feet of the big lizard without being noticed, she'll stop there.

Prepping for cause fear on the lizard.


From thirty feet away from the lizard man scout, the little orb shot a bolt of frozen energy.

Ranged Touch vs. Flat Footed: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Cold Damage, energy boost: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


ranger stuff

NOdding in response to Chest Thumpers idea Iradiel asks, "That's a good idea Master Thumper. Do you want me to put an arrow into the next lizard I see?."

Seeing Aza move forward he continues, "Or should we move forward with Aza, keeping her safe while she casts her spells?"

Nodding toward the large lizard. "Or would you like me to shoot at the behemoth and draw it our way so she can cast at it?"

that big lizard and the sneaking lizard we saw are both 600 ft away?


GM rolls:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 151d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


There’s a yelp of pain from up the meadow.

Vedic:
You sense a warm glow of satisfaction from your orb

The lizardfolk scout that you spotted ( for distances see the map stops and straightens, searching the grass around him with alarm as if looking for a snake. At this, a second lizardfolk scout maybe 100’ behind the first bobs into view, alerted by the yelp and wary of danger, but then points and yells in the direction of the party. He’s clearly seen something, or someone. His yelling attracts the attention of the first scout, who looks up in the same direction, then hunkers down again, bow drawn.

Behind them, the big lizard’s head perks up from where he has been laying low 600’ away.

You’re technically in combat, but given the distances, I don’t want to run initiative just yet. The orb is close enough to attack again and has yet to be spotted by the nearest scout. Iradyiel: the nearest scout is 200’ from you, 150’ from Pious. Aza, I moved you forward 30'.

Actions/ reactions?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Male Half-Orc 3rd level Druid CG Medium humanoid (orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision, scent; Perc: +12 Francis - Init +4; Senses Lowlight vison, Perc: +1

Chest Thumper is having a hard time thinking. With all they've seen in the last few days (has it only been days) since they've arrived at Pridon's Hearth, this is the tensest he's been. It seemed very much like if they didn't handle this perfectly, they, and the halflings just might get wiped out.

"Let's keep moving forward with Aza. But, as soon as it seems like they're going to attack, me and Francis are going to rush this nearest one. I'm sure we can overwhelm him then deal with the rest as they come. I just wish we could get them to tangle with the halflings at the same time," Chest Thumper, answered.

He continued to creep forward, staying just ahead of Aza with Francis close by his side.


HP 10/14, AC 16, CMD 10, Fort -1, +1 Ref, +2 Will, +6 Perception Admixture 7/7, Active Effects: Message, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Mage Armor

The corners of Vedic's mouth twitched up.

"They should be on their way momentarily."


Ranged Touch vs. Flat Footed: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Cold damage, energy boost: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

If the target spots me when I fire again, I moves 15 feet towards the party back into the cover of the grass.

New Stealth (if necessary): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29


ranger stuff

Moving slowly forward with Chest Thumper and Aza, Bow in hand Iradyiel whispers. "We could stay hidden until they discover the Halflings and then spring our attack."


As the yelp goes up Pious knows battle is joined. He begins muttering his benedictions under his breath and his sword begins to glow brighter.

Activating judgement : destruction

He moves more purposefully towards where he had heard the sound.

and knowledge roll to be made against these things GM?


GM rolls:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 61d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8


It’s all kicking off.

The first scout crouches and fires a speculative shot at Pious – at least you assume it was aimed at Pious, it goes far wide. Possibly his aim was disrupted by the pain of another ray of frost from the orb: none of you speak the lizardfolk’s tongue, but you can take a good guess that what you heard were pained expletives.

Behind him there are now three further scouts converging towards the party. The nearest is only 50’ behind him, the following two are 200’ behind that. They are hustling down the meadow, bows drawn, calling and signalling to each other – it is clear that they have seen Pious and quite likely the rest of you as well. Oh, and level with the rear two scouts is the loping figure of the giant lizard complete with its rider poised atop its back on a saddle and wielding a wickedly-hooked spear or lance. Not yet at full speed, the beast’s muscular bulk seems to almost glide over the ground as it accelerates towards you.

Round 1:
CT, Francis, Iradyiel, & Aza moved forward 30’. Vedic stayed put. Pious double moved forward 60’ to within 80’ from the first scout. Orb zapped, and then not being detected remained exactly where it was, hidden in the grass.

The lizardfolk all double moved forward, bar scout 1 who fired, then ducked into partial cover.

Anyone medium size or smaller attempting a charge into melee or running (x4 base move) across the meadow will run a risk of tripping prone on the uneven and concealed ground – avoid this with a DC12 Dex or Acrobatics check.

Knowledge Nature on the Lizard anyone? The rest are standard lizardfolk, though of a variety you have not seen before.

The map is up to date. The party is up for round 2 !


HP 10/14, AC 16, CMD 10, Fort -1, +1 Ref, +2 Will, +6 Perception Admixture 7/7, Active Effects: Message, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Mage Armor

Casting Message on the party. We can all talk to each other over distance now, up to 130 feet from me.

Pious, please do not move farther forward than where you are now. You are currently at the very outside edge of my spell range. Vedic said, sounding like he was talking quietly right behind everyone's shoulder


Array fired again.

Ranged Touch vs. Flat Footed: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Cold Damage, energy boost: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Same sequence as before. If I get noticed, I move and restealth. If I don't get noticed I stay where I am.

Stealth, if neccessary: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25


ranger stuff

Iradyiel calls quietly to Chest Thumper, "Master Thumper, they have seen Master Shepard, do you think they have seen us? I could shoot at the nearest scout, or we can continue moving closer without intentionally giving away our position. Which do you think would be more advantages?"


Female Human Oracle 3
Stats:
Init: +8 | HP: 22/25 | AC: 16 | FF: 14 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +3 | Will: +3 | Perc: +3 | 1; 0/6 Spells Left

Aza takes the initiative once the first arrows are flung, moving forward about 30 feet and pausing - at this range again, she felt useless, and she wanted to prove that she could be of some use in a fight, especially now that Pious had been spotted. Still, she didn't want to get too close to that hulking beast if she could help it.

I always expect the long-range encounter, but I still never actually bring anything to deal with this, going to have to wait til they get within 30 feet.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Male Half-Orc 3rd level Druid CG Medium humanoid (orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision, scent; Perc: +12 Francis - Init +4; Senses Lowlight vison, Perc: +1

"I believe the time for hiding is over, Master Iradyiel. We need to overwhelm this first scout before the rest arrive. Let fly." Chest Thumper says.

He rests his hand on Francis bare (though hairy) arm and channels the savagery of the lion through him, making his already impressive claws and fangs grow just a bit more fearsome.

Casting Magic Fang on Francis.

The Half-orc then breaks cover and moves ahead, at the same time gesturing for Francis to follow and urging him on. He also pulls out a dart though he's too far away to use it effectively.

Handle Animal plus Link: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 4 = 15

Francis eyes the charging lizard thing warily but then obeys, starting to run toward the scout but stumbling on a hole hidden by the grass. He slows, hustling forward more carefully.

[ooc]Double move toward the nearest scout.[/dice]

Chest Thumper racks his memories for stories he might have heard about that lizard thing.

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


ranger stuff

Nodding his head Iradiel draws one of his arrows as he moves forward. He angles the bow up to compensate for the distance, drawing the arrow back to his cheek he lets the shaft fly. 'Blast, that missed by 30 feet, I should have practiced with this bow, instead of assuming I would be comfortable with it.'

Iradyiel, turns to his friends and shrugs his shoulders, "Maybe I should stick with the club."
Please move Iradyiel forward 30 ft. to shoot the bow. I believe this puts him within 110 ft of the lizard. If not please add the range penalty. Edit: not that it matters much :-)

Move: 30 ft.attack: + 1 composite longbow (+2 str)
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 for damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

601 to 650 of 1,214 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ire of the Storm - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.