GM AbyssDancer's 'Ire of the Storm'

Game Master AbyssDancer

Drawn by tales of long-lost temples and the abandoned riches of long-dead heretical cults, the PCs are not the first treasure-hunters, fortune-seekers, or troubled souls hoping for a fresh start at the frontier town of Pridon's Hearth. But dark threatening stormclouds are gathering beyond the horizon, for both the colonists and for the wider region. It is far from certain that this mixed group of heroes and chancers will survive to make their fortune, and in so doing shield the growing colony from raging tempests and hostile monsters. Dare they brave the Ire of the Storm?


501 to 550 of 1,214 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

With a tearing sucking ‘pop’ Iradyiel, aided by CT and Francis pulling on each leg, wrenches himself free from inside the blob. His passage through the inside of the blob has left Iradyiel a mess; dripping with brown jelly-like ichor the barbarian makes for a sorry sight but remains pumped for combat. He barely even notices Aza poking him with a healing wand, and is oblivious to Pious on the other side of the blob flailing about with a curtain pole. Pious demonstrates more enthusiasm than effect with his make-do club, swinging a mighty two-handed overhead blow which misses the blob but demolishes a nearby chair.

The blob itself ignores the halfelf-sized hole in its midriff torn by Iradiel fighting his way free of its acid grip. It heaves itself up a clear 2 foot higher than the party, and attempts to crash down like a wave of sewage to slam and smother its second victim: Chest Thumper. This time it fails; the halforc brushes aside the tentacles and dodges back from the lunge when it comes.

Outside the house, only Aza and Francis notice the figure jogging towards them from the bushes – the others are focusing on what is in front of them. The figure appears to be a male elf, slightly built and with close fitting clothes of dark blue and light grey. A large book is chained to his belt, hung like a weapon in a scabbard.

GM rolls:
BG: 1d3 ⇒ 21d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 122d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1) + 3 = 61d4 ⇒ 21d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 242d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 3 = 8

Party status and map both updated. You’re up…


I missed an ooze! How embarrassing.

Falling uncharacteristically quiet Pious redoubles his efforts. Oblivious to new arrivals outside.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 1 = 8
DAMAGE: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


divine archer info.

Wiping the ichor from his eyes, Iradyiel feels the healing touch, "Thanks Aza." He then swings his club at the nasty creature again.

attack: Club, two handed, rage, PA RA, AC -3
attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 for damage: 1d10 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 3 = 16


Female Human Oracle 3
Stats:
Init: +8 | HP: 22/25 | AC: 16 | FF: 14 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +3 | Will: +3 | Perc: +3 | 1; 0/6 Spells Left

Aza nods and gives a scared grin in response, before snapping her fingers to create a small glow of guiding light, and touches it to Iradyiel's shoulder. "ضربة حقيقية." she mutters in draconic.

Aza casts Guidance on Iradyiel.

Draconic:
Strike True.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Male Half-Orc 3rd level Druid CG Medium humanoid (orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision, scent; Perc: +12 Francis - Init +4; Senses Lowlight vison, Perc: +1

"Raah!" Chest Thumper barks in victory as the slime thing fails to connect with him. Pious' advice rings in his ears, though so he is not going to waste time trying to cut it with his axe. Instead, he tries to distract it, though that seems difficult with something that he can't determine how it senses, to leave an opening for Pious.

Aid Another Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Francis still wants nothing to do with the big slimy thing and the furless ones seem to have it relatively under control now that they've hauled the one with the big stick out of it.

But now there is something coming at them from the other direction. So far there have been no furless and scaleless people who were still alive trying to kill them but he wasn't going to take too many chances.

He rushes toward the man running toward them, stopping close enough to charge him if he proves hostile (within 25'.) Then he rises up and bangs his fists on his chest while letting out a feral roar and revealing his razor sharp teeth. The chainmail he's wearing jingles along with the hollow thudding of fist on chest.

Intimidation: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0


divine archer info.
Chest Thumper wrote:

Francis still wants nothing to do with the big slimy thing and the furless ones seem to have it relatively under control now that they've hauled the one with the big stick out of it.

But now there is something coming at them from the other direction. So far there have been no furless and scaleless people who were still alive trying to kill them but he wasn't going to take too many chances.

He rushes toward the man running toward them, stopping close enough to charge him if he proves hostile (within 25'.) Then he rises up and bangs his fists on his chest while letting out a feral roar and revealing his razor sharp teeth. The chainmail he's wearing jingles along with the hollow thudding of fist on chest.

Vedic wrote:

Well that's aggravating. Apparently this place has no windows or other doors so I have to go all the way around.

The elf in blue and grey came around the corner to take a look inside. The corridors were far too cramped for his preferred tactics.

Double move again, around to the front.

Hey Vedic I think Francis came out to greet you.


HP 10/14, AC 16, CMD 10, Fort -1, +1 Ref, +2 Will, +6 Perception Admixture 7/7, Active Effects: Message, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Mage Armor

OOps! Missed that, thanks.

The elf stopped short in front of the giant angry ape. "Call off your beast." he called to the house. "I will defend myself if it attacks."


Spoiler:

BG attack: 1d3 ⇒ 21d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 252d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 3 = 81d4 ⇒ 21d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 142d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 3 = 9
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 212d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 3 = 9
BG: 60 damage


Round 2 retcon:
Pious flails about with his curtain pole as a make-do club, swinging a mighty two-handed overhead blow which misses the blob but demolishes a nearby chair spatters gouts of brown goo across the room.

Round 3:
Continuing his frenzied assault on the blob, Pious lays about him with a divine-inspired fury. Standing ankle-deep in the scattered shreds of the creature’s substance, his curtain pole swings left and right trailing gloop in its wake. On the other side of the blob, Iradyiel swings his club with uncontrolled rage. Under their combined attack the ooze begins to lose its integrity, shrinking in size and vitality as it is scattered across the room and walls.

Caught between the two of them, working to parry the blobs attacks and make openings for Pious, Chest Thumper catches a face full of spattered brown goo just as he is ducking away from a lunge from the monster. Distracted he catches a full-on blow in the jaw Crit strike, 17 damage + 2 acid, leaves you on 1 HP remaining I think... rattling his teeth and slamming him back against the wall covered in a thick coating of brown-green filth across his face and one shoulder.

Behind them Aza monitors the fight and boosts Iradyiel with her divine guidance, before turning round startled as Francis turns and runs off to the south to confront the approaching elf. That was a terrible ‘Intimidate’ roll. What does a ‘0’ look like, or feel like for Vedic?

Round 4:
The blob is on the back foot (hmm – poor choice of idiom) so whoever is first to post a hit vs AC4 will finish it off. Once this is done, you’re out of combat so feel free to move on and respond to the fight, meet the elf, heal up, search the property, investigate the candle-wax sealed panel door, etc etc.

Spoiler:

1d3 ⇒ 21d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 212d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4) + 3 = 81d4 ⇒ 31d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 302d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 = 10
BG: 60 damage


divine archer info.

Feeling Aza's touch again, it seemed different somehow, Seamus sees the oozing monster retaliate against Pious, "Your beginning to look a little worse for wear, Master Shepard. We need to end this thing now." Then as the monster is distracted by Chest Thumper, Iradiel swings his club again at the center of the thing.

attack: Club, two handed, rage, PA RA, guidance and aid, AC -3
attack: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 17 for damage: 1d10 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 3 = 18

As the monster splatters into small glops of goo, Iradiel releases the rage, nodding thanks to Chest Thumper and asking Pious. "Are you OK Master Shepard?"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Male Half-Orc 3rd level Druid CG Medium humanoid (orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision, scent; Perc: +12 Francis - Init +4; Senses Lowlight vison, Perc: +1

Francis is definitely taking a rank in Intimidation next level.

Chest Thumper sees stars after the blob of goo nails him with a surprisingly solid piece of itself. It is fortunate that the wall is behind him to lean against or he might have fallen on his rump.

Fortunately, Iradyiel beats the last bit of coherency out of it before the thing can capitalize on it's success.

Still, he wants to head this pain off before it begins and as the bruise starts to form on his jaw he calls on the rejuvenating power of nature.

CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

"Do I hear voices outside?" he asks, not quite trusting his senses but hearing something about a "beast."

He heads towards the ruckus on legs that grow a little less wobbly with every step.

When he sees Francis he actually laughs at his brother and just how not impressive he looks. He can't even define what it is that isn't frightening. The ape is, after all, a 500 pound, savage creature but he just looks...comical. Maybe it's the way his fur sticks out of his armor, making ruffs around his neck and arms.

He grows more serious as he sees the strange elf standing there with a crossbow in hand. Much like Francis, he assumes that danger is going to come from lizarfolk in the area, not elves, but he's not going to be too trusting.

"He won't attack unless you give him a reason to. Who are you? Why are you here?"


Female Human Oracle 3
Stats:
Init: +8 | HP: 22/25 | AC: 16 | FF: 14 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +3 | Will: +3 | Perc: +3 | 1; 0/6 Spells Left

As the ooze collapses into a less-formed clump of jelly, Aza immediately brings the wand to Chest Thumper, gifting him a piece of its healing energy, before replacing the wand with its lighter counterpart and healing Iradyiel. With that task done, she moves to the wax sealed door and attempts to heave it open, a small amount of panic in her actions. "Is s-someone in there? Are y-you okay?"

Cure Moderate Wounds (CT): 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 7) + 3 = 13

Cure Light Wounds (Iradyiel): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Strength to pull open the door: 1d20 ⇒ 11


HP 10/14, AC 16, CMD 10, Fort -1, +1 Ref, +2 Will, +6 Perception Admixture 7/7, Active Effects: Message, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Mage Armor

"My name is Vedic. I am helping the woman who owns this place." the elf said, moving past the ape and looking into the house.


divine archer info.

nodding to Aza as she touches him with the wand, "Thank you Aza."

As Aza heads to the door, and Chest Thumper speaks to the stranger. Iradyiel attempts to watch both situations to determine which may turn volatile.

He Smiles at Aza's effort and tells her, "give me a couple of seconds to recover my strength and I will help you." Iradiel begins to reach for his Kunai to pry the door open with.

Hearing the stranger, Vedic he calls out, "So the people who live here are safe?"


"I am fine Iradyiel, the Lord protects."

Pious gathers up an armful of soiled curtain and smears slime from his face, it is not immediately clear whether there is more or less grime on his face.

Grabbing a vial of tattooists ink from his pack Pious pours the contents away and fills it with some of the liquifying ooze. He is just about to turn his attention to the tallow sealed door when he hears Francis's mating cry and raised voices outside.

Drawing his sword and exiting the building he is confronted by a crossbow wielding elf.

"I know not of your part in this. But if you are friend, or foe who values your time on this plane, then relinquish your weapon. Damnation claims the unwary."

Intimidation: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Vedic is faced by a filthy middle aged man in piecemeal armour, tattoos cover him head to toe. In his right hand he carries a beautifully crafted longsword that practically hums with static energy, charge runs up and down the blade casting strange shadows around the man. In his left hand he brandishes a curtain pole.

Welcome!


Aza inspects the panel door; it’s closed but unlocked and the sealing wax around the frame is not a problem. As she shoves it open, she hears a faint but clear trembling voice on the other side; [smaller]water… [/smaller]. Pushing her way inside, she sees a small closet stuffed with household goods: boxes, brooms, crates, and linens, a lampstand, a saddle. Looking at the back of the panel door, household tallow has been used to seal the doorframe against the ooze.

Laying across the floor is a man similar in complexion to Sheriff Adaela, wearing simple work clothes but clearly extremely weak. He’s pale but covered in red blotches; he looks close to death as he stares up at you with a confused look on his face. He whispers [smaller]"Misha…?" [/smaller].

DC10 Heal check:
Jheri Praet is suffering from dehydration plus the effects of untreated ‘red ache’, and local malady easily overcome with rest and recuperation. He is at 1HP and down to only 2 STR It would be dangerous for him to travel in his current state.

DC15 Heal check:
You treat his red ache. He is now more stable and able to travel.


HP 10/14, AC 16, CMD 10, Fort -1, +1 Ref, +2 Will, +6 Perception Admixture 7/7, Active Effects: Message, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Mage Armor
Iradyiel Madras wrote:

Hearing the stranger, Vedic he calls out, "So the people who live here are safe?"

"One of them is." the elf answered. He looked into the house, and seeing that the giant ooze was defeated he gestured back the way he came.

"You can come out now." he said quietly. "It is safe." Using Message to call back to Misha.

"Are you the adventurers I have been hearing about? Killed a troll and saved a village?" he asked the group.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Male Half-Orc 3rd level Druid CG Medium humanoid (orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision, scent; Perc: +12 Francis - Init +4; Senses Lowlight vison, Perc: +1

Francis was completely befuddled as he watched the newcomer brush past him. He directed a questioning hoot toward Chest Thumper.

The half-orc shrugged. "Because you're not scary," Chest Thumper told him.

Francis gabbled on a bit while the pair followed Vedic into the building.

"I don't know. Practice," the half-orc continued.

Seeing the man on the other side of the formerly sealed door, he rushes to his side to determine what ails him.

Heal Check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

He grunts as he finds the man suffering from two different very common jungle maladies.

The first he cures by the simple expedient of giving him some water from his skin.

The second he treats with some bark, leaves, flowers and seeds he has gathered.

"Thirsty and sick. This should help.
You should be feeling better, soon,"
he says to the man.


divine archer info.

Earlier
Iradiel nods to Pious, "Indeed he does, Master Shepard, indeed he does." He rolls his eyes as Pious moves out the door, toward the new person, looking at Aza as she opens the door revealing the sick guy, he asks. "Can't we all just play nice?"

now
Looking past Shepard and Francis, Iradyiel, nods his head at the new man, "That's us, were here to help people, can't you tell?"

He steps back as Chest Thumper comes through the door to inspect the man in the closet, turning to the new guy, "Vedic, right? You say you were sent by the woman, is that her husband? Is there anyone else we should be looking for?"


HP 10/14, AC 16, CMD 10, Fort -1, +1 Ref, +2 Will, +6 Perception Admixture 7/7, Active Effects: Message, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Mage Armor

"I do not know. She will be able to tell you herself shortly." Vedic answered, glancing over his shoulder at the half-orc having a conversation with the ape. The corners of the elf's mouth twitched up.


Female Human Oracle 3
Stats:
Init: +8 | HP: 22/25 | AC: 16 | FF: 14 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +3 | Will: +3 | Perc: +3 | 1; 0/6 Spells Left

My continuing refusal to put ranks in heal bites me again! I really have to fix that.

Aza nods to Chest thumper, a bit worried for the man as the half-orc treats him. "I'm glad w-we arrived in time," she mumbles under her breath. She looks behind her towards the elf that has just arrived on the porch, her gaze narrowed somewhat suspiciously. Still, she doubted she could be as intimidating as their resident holy man, so she focused on keeping the diseased man on the floor comfortable, not that she could offer much beyond a soothing, stuttering voice.


A few minutes afterwards, once it is evident that the fighting is over, a slenderly-built middle-aged human woman wearing a plain green woven dress approaches in the fading dusk from the dika plantation. Cautious at first, she is wary of the Papaya Knights but on seeing that her husband is still alive she rushes to his side. ”Thank you, oh thank you all so much, “ she says, ”I was so sure I had lost him” She turns to Vedic, ”Thank you so much for seeing me safely here – I never thought I’d see Jheri again...” In her arms her husband, visibly less disoriented after treatment from CT, sits up and joins in the thanks.

Together they tell their story. When the terrible near-hurricane hit the area only five days ago Jheri and Misha were alone at their home. They took shelter in their house sheltered in the windbreak of the plantation, and waited out the storm. Neither Jheri nor Misha suffered any injury, but the house suffered moderate damage to the thatched roof. Unbeknownst to them however, a large and vicious ochre jelly had been blown in from the marshes, and attacked the plantation house catching them by stealth the next morning as the couple were repairing the damage.

Misha had been on the roof when the jelly came in through the window, having first digested all the hens in the chicken coop through the wire. Alerted by his yells Misha watched in horror as Jheri retreated from the blob into the closet, yelling to her to run for help. She fled on foot, fearing the worst, later found Vedic on the road and willing to help.

Jheri it seems had the nous to seal up the panel doorframe with tallow wax, preventing the jelly from gaining entrance to the closet. Without water, food or sleep, though, and already suffering from a bout of red ache, his health was suffering, whilst all the while the jelly was waiting patiently outside.

The time is late, and although the main room of the house is damp, foul-smelling and jelly-spattered, Misha is keen to offer the party accommodation in rest of the house for the night. She directs those who are interested to a nearby rickety wooden shed which acts as a warm water bath-house, courtesy of a magical contraption Jheri’s father, a capable magician, constructed. She then quickly gets the kitchen stove relit, and won’t hear of anyone leaving before the morning and certainly not without taking food. She is delighted to find that the jelly failed to find the pantry, and begins to prepare a delicious meal from the haunches of cold meats and ripened dika fruits, whilst setting food out by the door for her missing pet cat, who she believes fled from the jelly but is still missing.

Whilst she prepares food, Jheri props himself up on a chair and asks the party about themselves, and what they are seeking. He has a good knowledge of the local area having lived here for many years, and whilst talking he directs Iradyiel towards two kegs of homebrew diku brandy ”Come lad, crack that open and take a draught – it’ll put hair on your chest ‘til you look like yon ape over there!” He chuckles a wheezy weak laugh, ”Seriously, drink up, it’s good stuff. Brewed right here on this farm from my father’s recipe.”

If and only if one or more of you are willing to tuck in to Jheri’s homebrew diku brandy, you will be able to quiz him about the local area, its peoples and places. What do you want to ask him about?

I’m assuming people are happy to rest at the farmhouse? Those people who were shipwrecked this morning and trekked beside the marshes all day are already tired and hungry.

Over to you. Actions, reactions, RP? Feel free to ask any questions of the couple. Also, where are you planning to head in the morning? I have reinstated the region map in my profile.


HP 10/14, AC 16, CMD 10, Fort -1, +1 Ref, +2 Will, +6 Perception Admixture 7/7, Active Effects: Message, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Mage Armor

While the Jheri and Misha reconnected and offered hospitality, Vedic idly held a hand out towards the disgusting remains of the massive ooze. It began to dry up, congeal and turn to dust, which then dissipated into smoke. The process was slow. It might have been faster to clean it up by hand, but Vedic's arcane approach was certainly cleaner and less of a workout.

"I've been hearing about your group for a week now but no one seems to know what you are doing here besides helping people out." Vedic said. "What is your story?"


Female Human Oracle 3
Stats:
Init: +8 | HP: 22/25 | AC: 16 | FF: 14 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +3 | Will: +3 | Perc: +3 | 1; 0/6 Spells Left

To Vedic
"I can't s-speak for the oth-thers," Aza starts shakily, having very eagerly watched Vedic prestidigitate the ooze remains away, "But as for myself-" she performs a small florish, and her cloak rustles with an invisible wind, "-I am just a simple m-m-mage, looking for a new home. And I suppose I might've f-found one in Pridon's Hearth.." She adjusts her hat, tipped slightly askew from the winds. "Where do you hail from?"

At Dinner
Aza, eager for a homecooked meal after their trials over the past few days, swiftly but politely devours any food placed before her. She gratefully partakes in the homebrew, although at an almost glacial pace, wanting to limit her alcohol consumption. In between more casual conversation, she inserts a question - "Have you noticed any l-lizardfolk activity around here? Recently, I mean?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Then

As the others move past him to greet the newcomer and it becomes apparent that the elf bears them no immediate ill will, Pious lowers his sword.

"Well met then, and well met to your companion. May you find the Lord before you are lost."

Later

"Your cat is dead."

Pious does not beat around the bush, better that the plantation mistress knows. There is no hesitation from Pious when the brandy starts flowing.

"'Spread my word to the people, for who can follow the path they cannot see.' That is why I am here Vedic, to help people indeed. To save their very souls from ignorance and sin."


Female Human Oracle 3
Stats:
Init: +8 | HP: 22/25 | AC: 16 | FF: 14 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +3 | Will: +3 | Perc: +3 | 1; 0/6 Spells Left
'Pious' Janus Shepherd wrote:
"Your cat is dead."

Aza, taking another small sip of the homebrew, immediately spits it out and enters into a fit of coughing.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Male Half-Orc 3rd level Druid CG Medium humanoid (orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision, scent; Perc: +12 Francis - Init +4; Senses Lowlight vison, Perc: +1

Neither Francis nor Chest Thumper are ones to pass up a free meal, especially a hot one.

Before they dig in, Chest Thumper helps his brother take off his armor, a process that takes a great deal of jerking, twisting and pulling. It looks like a wrestling match that they're both losing, then, abruptly, Francis is free.

As usual, their table manners match and are far from pristine. They will also both partake of the dika brandy. Chest Thumper starts to slur. Francis lays on the floor and...giggles.

He nods sagely as Pious announces the fate of the cat.

"We all came on the same boat. The sheriff asked us to check a fort for her. Since then, we've just been trying to help people and get to the bottom of what's happening," he answers Vedic's question.

"Have you seen or heard about any activity to the northeast? At Quinn's first colony or the tar pits?" he asks Jheri.


divine archer info.

I think I forgot to hit 'submit' or the boards ate my post, fortunatily I had it saved on a word document, sorry about the delay

’I don’t think our new friend is from the continent here, he clearly isn’t one of the local tribes.’ As the couple reacquaints, Iradyiel watches the wizard dry up the remains of the jelly. When he introduces himself and inquires about the team, Iradyiel politely waits for Aza to respond then he echo’s her question. ”Greetings, master Vedic, I also am interested in where you hail from. As for me I am from Almas, My parents are pathfinders. Lorainne Chadwick a librarian and Eldlen Madras a famous Pathfinder Explorerer he is from the Mwangi Expanse. I wanted to see where my father grew up, so here I am in the land of his birth, just trying to good while I’m here.”

As dinner is being served Iradyiel dutifully fetches the two kegs of homebrew diku brandy. He carefully taps the keg as he had seen done in the couple maybe one taverns he had been in. He pours himself a mugful then taking a drink, he puckers his face like he had just bitten into a lemon and squinting his watering eyes as swallows he squeaks out ”Smooth.”

Sitting down beside Aza, he occasionally sips the brandy as the farmer answers the parties’ questions. Eventually asking his own, ”You haven’t happen to see a halfling named Muhdzuzi have you?”


HP 10/14, AC 16, CMD 10, Fort -1, +1 Ref, +2 Will, +6 Perception Admixture 7/7, Active Effects: Message, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Mage Armor

"Absalom, originally. The Arcanamirium. " Vedic answered. "I have not been there for many years though. Mostly, I am a sailor. I enjoy travel."


That evening:
Over the course of the evening, the party is able to dry out and relax in the small but homely Praet home. Misha’s food is simple but satisfying, if perhaps quite heavily spiced for some of the party’s palate. Jheri’s dika brandy is terribly more-ish; it’s a ferociously strong spirit but deceptively sweet and floral to taste, and quite quickly the first 2-litre keg is replaced by another as the house rocks to laugher at Francis’ boozy giggling.

After the ordeal he has been through Jheri is almost falling asleep from the start and soon after eating he retires to rest. Misha plays the genial host in his place, regaling the party with stories of her youth growing up in the slums of Sargaava, and her experience setting up the plantation with Jheri and his recently-deceased father. Hearing the party’s news of Fort Breakthrough and the lizardfolk raid she is surprised and horrified; there has never in her memory been a case of lizardfolk raiding the area before. ”There’s tribes of lizardfolk up north of here, I know; the Mireborn tribe they call themselves. They war with the boggart tribes up in the Jungle of Hungry Trees, but they’ve never come this far down south.” She chews her lip, thoughtfully; ”I know they used to go hunting along the northern coast of the peninsula, round by the old watchtower, and inter their dead in the tar pits. If they’re roaming this area you might find clues there. But it doesn’t sound like them to be so brazen, and certainly I’ve never heard of them having the power to summon weather as powerful as this…”

The tower and the tar pits are shown as locations C1 and B5 on the area map. Travelling one hex takes 8 hours to cross on foot due to the rough and rugged terrain, or 2 full days to explore fully, looking for hidden camps etc.

When asked by Iradyiel about about Muhdzuzi, Misha frowns. ”That sounds like a Cashill name, right enough. Those folk are go a-hunting through here often enough – sly and sneaky so you never notice them. They raid our dika-fruit sometimes, but the only time we’ve caught them was when three of the little folk gorged themselves on fermented fruit – drunk and insensible they were !” She smiles at the thought, then glances sideways at Chest Thumper’s slurred words and Francis curled up on the floor. ”Still they can be dangerous too. They bring down big prey for their size. Watch out if you’re headed towards their village.”

Neither Misha nor Jheri claim to have heard anything of the ‘First Colony’ which the drunken Artemis Quentin alluded to in the Stone Hall on the night of the storm.

Eventually the party retire to sleep; given the number of them and the state of the main room, it’s a crowded and noisy night, but cosy and warm nonetheless. Those who indulged heavily on Jheri’s dika brandy sleep deeply; those who didn’t, suffer Francis’ loud and drunken snoring…

Next morning:

Eggs and bacon anyone?

Those who indulged the night before will need a DC14 fortitude save to avoid a raging hangover. You were warning by the Sheriff about Jheri’s homebrew…

Where next?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Male Half-Orc 3rd level Druid CG Medium humanoid (orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision, scent; Perc: +12 Francis - Init +4; Senses Lowlight vison, Perc: +1

While they're in relative safety and before he enjoys too much of the dika brandy, Chest Thumper holds out a hand towards Iradyiel's knobkerrie (how is it I've seen that word so many times and can't remember how to spell it?)club.

"I believe you asked me to work on your weapon?" he asks.

Assuming Iradyiel agrees, Chest Thumper will take the weapon and go out on the porch. He will sit on his heels, the club balanced across his knees and his hands on it lightly. He'll chant softly to himself, watching the jungle that is always close in this land, a reminder of nature's power and that man must use all his strength to hold it back if he hopes to tame it and bend it to his will.

That is what he is trying to do. He spends a few minutes filling in the gap that he left in his spells in the morning then an hour channeling the power of nature into the club, hardening it and balancing it.

When the task is done, he bows to the trees as though they are a group of nobles then rises and returns to the group.

To his chagrin, his absence has only allowed Francis to get further into his cups...or bowls, in this case.

He hands the club back to Iradyiel.

Hope you don't mind the minor retconning, GM. I'm casting Masterwork Transformation on Iradyiel's club. I left a slot open yesterday to do it but forgot and I didn't use any of my spells today at all.

It takes some time for Chest Thumper to convince Francis to go to bed and, in the end, he has to trick him into believing that there is no more brandy. The ape is incapable of crying but he whimpers and whines as though devastated by the loss.

"Come on you big baby," Chest Thumper grumbles to him, having had enough himself to be in no mood to deal with his pouting brother.

Chest Thumper Hangover Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Francis Hangover Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

The half-orc wakes up remarkably well rested and without the least sign of having over-imbibed the night before. Other than being a bit harder to wake up than normal, his ape brother amazingly little sign of how much of the brandy he drank the night before.

They are both quite hungry, though and Francis is rooting around for food while Chest Thumper communes with the jungle to replenish his supernatural abilities.

Chest Thumper shoos him away when he returns. "People don't like when you go through their things," he says.

Francis grunts indignantly. "Because they were dead, but don't get any ideas, we only killed them because they were trying to kill us first," Chest Thumper counters.

"I say we push on and see if we can find the lost colony on our way to the tar pits. I don't like the possibility of invading someone's holy place but we know the lizard folk come to the tar pits. Given the unusual way they're acting, maybe something has gone wrong there," Chest Thumper says when the group starts their discussion of plans for the day.


Female Human Oracle 3
Stats:
Init: +8 | HP: 22/25 | AC: 16 | FF: 14 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +3 | Will: +3 | Perc: +3 | 1; 0/6 Spells Left

While Aza wasn't the weakest of constitution, she could tell that most of the other Papaya Knights easily outmatched her when it came to heavy drinking - especially after she found herself incredibly tipsy after less than a mug of the strong alcohol. Her stutter becomes noticeably more pronounced, and she manages to spill more than a little of the brew onto her robes, but eagerly engages in the conversation all the same.

Hangover Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Of course, the following morning she awoke and tensed in preperation for what she was sure would be a searing headache, but none came. The mage squinted her eyes open, waiting for her head to split or a wave of nausea, but the only remnent of the previous night's carousing was the stain on her robes. She sighed and mumbled something about not packing extra, before conjuring some water and attempting to rub out at least the scent of the dried alcohol, before giving up and just resolving to keep her dark funerary cloak tied close around her.

Her stomach softly rumbling, she sits to discuss the party's next move. "If n-nothing else, perhaps w-we can find a lizardfolk who is more willing to parley with us?" she asks, hopefully. "Although, I don't know if th-they'd want to talk with interlopers on holy ground..." Aza looks down, a bit dejected. "But we have to try."


HP 10/14, AC 16, CMD 10, Fort -1, +1 Ref, +2 Will, +6 Perception Admixture 7/7, Active Effects: Message, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Mage Armor

Vedic took a small sip of the liquor, enough to appreciate it's strength and flavor, but he knew better than to imbibe. Magic took careful concentration. Drunken wizards were bad. Hungover wizards were worse.

Still, he had a great deal of fun during the evening. The antics of the drunken ape were extremely amusing to the elf. He payed careful attention to the discussion of the weather. "I suspected that these storms weren't natural. That's what I came here to investigate. The winds and rain are causing havoc with the local sea lanes. The ship I was supposed to transfer to refused to make landfall, so I'm stuck until things go back to normal."


divine archer info.

fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
last night
with Chest thumper
Just before the settle down at the table, Iradyiel turns to Chest Thumper, ”Oh thank you Master Thumper, I had almost forgotten I had asked you to do it for me. Here is the club,” Iradyiel hands his friend the knobkerrie club his father had make him, ”Is there anything else you need from me?”

As the evening progresses, and Chest Thumper returns the club, Iradyiel takes it outside and swings it a couple of times. Going back inside, smiling broadly, ”Thanks Master Thumper, the balance is amazing, you did wonderfully! Look how it shines in the light! If there is anything I can help you with just let me know!”
Seriously CT thanks, GM I’ll subtract 150 gp. From Iradiel’s total wealth.

with Misha and Jheri
Iradyeil listens to both their hosts carefully, interjecting, ”I would like to see the old watchtower and the tar pits. We know the wild halflings can be dangerous, but we promised Muhdzuzi we would try and rescue his people along with ours.” Eventually Iradyiel, feeling a warm buzz due to the alcohol heads to bed.

in the morning
Waking in the morning with a very sour taste in his mouth, but other wise feeling good, Iradyiel nods toward the offer of bacon and eggs. ”Bacon and eggs would be wonderful, Mistress Misha.” He then smiles at Jheri, the brew was delicious but I don’t think it would be wise to drink and then travel. But thank you for sharing last night.”[/b]

As they eat, Iradyiel nods his head in agreement with Chest thumper. ”I think going to the ‘Lost Colony’ first is a good idea. We may learn why this has happened before or what were up against.””

Hearing the word ‘Parley’ he swallows the mouthful of eggs and asks Aza, ”Since there seem to be two tribes of lizardfolk’s do you think it is possible that they are not working together?”

Hearing Vedic's comment about being 'stuck' Iradyiel smiles, "Maybe after being here a while you will like it and decide to stay!"


The Praet Plantation

The Papaya Knights tuck in to eggs and bacon in the morning seemingly unaffected by their exposure to Jheri’s homebrew the night before. Indeed their clear heads and sunny demeanour catch Misha and Jheri somewhat by surprise. In truth Misha rested only fitfully last night, worried that a 150 lbs armoured ape with a hangover would wreak more damage to the plantation than the recent hurricane.

It could be that once news reaches Pridon, surviving unharmed an encounter with Jheri’s dika brandy will rank in heroism alongside their defeat of the lizardfolk raiders or Graular the Forest Troll.

As they gather their kit after breakfast, Jheri and Misha approach them with sincere thanks. Jheri carries a small lockbox with him, and from inside brings out a leather-bound book, and a small pouch of clinking coins. ”We’re not rich folk, he starts, ”but we’d like you to take some small tokens of thanks from us for what you’ve done here. There’s this pouch, plus this belonged to my Father”, he holds out the book, ”and it’s no use to me. I’ve no aptitude for the arcane arts. Perhaps you can use the knowledge within in your search for the cause of the storms. Oh, and you’ll need provisions for the journey, too…” He hefts a 3 litre keg into Francis’ arms; ”It’s 6 year’s aged – good stuff. Make it last!”

The pouch contains coins and semi-precious gems to the value of 250 gold crowns. The leather-bound book contains a dozen pages of densely-scribbled text, glyphs and symbols, and detects as magical. The keg is yes you guessed – more dika brandy.

Searching for the Lost Colony I’m taking a collective decision to head northeast to search for Artemis Quinn’s ‘Lost Colony’, then maybe onward to the Tar Pits

Leaving the Praet’s home behind them, the party head northeast, skirting the lower ground and humid swamps to the southeast. The day is clear but windy –dark clouds scud past overhead at high speed, and far away to the north a dense black mass of storm clouds is visible, another offshoot of the huge and brooding storm still lurking out to sea on the westward horizon. Occasional thunder claps are heard through the morning. Today somewhere else is on the receiving end of a hurricane.

It takes most of the day to travel to the general area by the river where Artemis Quinn claimed the lost colony had been revealed by his ‘visions’. As you walk, Pious and Iradyiel relate again Artemis’ ‘performance’ for their benefit in the Stone Hall on the night of the great storm:

Sinking into a trance-like posture, perhaps more about performance than mystic power, Artemis proclaimed in a low voice ”I see… I see… long ago a village, refugees from the Sodden Lands, settling north of here. A pious group, searching for religious freedom and escape from persecution…I see that village abandoned, vine and jungle covering all…forgotten to time, yet a relic of their devotions remains… “ He lifted his head from his ‘trance’. ”That’s it – that’s all I have.” Sensing perhaps some scepticism from Pious or Iradyiel, he added; ”I have the location of the lost colony – 2 days’ travel north east of here, by a river. I speak the truth!”

***

The search for this this ‘Lost’ or ‘First’ Colony is likely to take some time – you have to assume you’re not going to stumble onto anything within a few hours. Can you tell me how you intend to search, and what you are looking for? What do you think is the best way to search and where are you looking? Specifically in what sort of terrain are you focusing your search (along the riverbanks? a hilltop? looking for stony structures in the lowland marshes?) Finally, how cautious are you being about the search - are you staying close, spreading out, or splitting up?

Taken together, what you decide will inform your chances of finding anything, and perhaps the chances of an encounter whilst you're searching…


Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Ha!

Pious rises late and in a foul temper. He eats with his customary lack of table manners and, if anything, a more confrontational demeanor than usual. He dreads leaving the house but once the party leave he is happy to be on the road in the fresh air. He offers the plantationers a deep bow as they leave.

"Unto those in need offer succor, for in gifts thou shalt find me"

As the party make progress into the wilderness Pious' mind draws him back to his conversation with Artemis

"A pious group, searching for religious freedom" Religion is not freedom. For when God doth possess a heart we are his to command.

I'll bow to party opinion on search patterns


HP 10/14, AC 16, CMD 10, Fort -1, +1 Ref, +2 Will, +6 Perception Admixture 7/7, Active Effects: Message, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Mage Armor

Vedic said his goodbyes to Misha and Jheri, accepting the book with appreciation.

"Is it alright if I join you?" Vedic asked as the group prepared to leave. "We seem to be working toward similar goals. I don't have many leads on what might be causing these storms, and your group seems to be headed into places where I might find information."

If no one else has use for the spellbook, I'll take it.


Dm rolls:
1d100 ⇒ 501d100 ⇒ 94

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Male Half-Orc 3rd level Druid CG Medium humanoid (orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision, scent; Perc: +12 Francis - Init +4; Senses Lowlight vison, Perc: +1

Neither Chest Thumper nor Francis have much use for money, at least they don't think they do, though they're both enjoying valuables. He does not push the coin purse away, though he doesn't take it personally. He also can gain nothing from the spellbook so he does not challenge Vedic's claim on it.

"Thank you for your hospitality. I'm sorry about your cat," Chest Thumper says as they part from the Praets.

He shrugs in response to Vedic. "The jungle is a free place. There would be little we could do to stop you from coming with us. We face great dangers so any assistance we get is welcome as well."

"Stop that," he says to Francis about an hour into the trail as the ape has been trying to figure out how to get into the cask he is carrying for a quarter of that time.

When they arrive at the area where they think the lost colony might be, Chest Thumper largely sticks to the river's edge. Given how trackless the jungle here is, anyone hoping to get any supplies from the outside world would have to build near the natural pathway provided by the river.

He looks for areas with heavy vines since that seems to have been an important part of Quinn's prophecy.

Because the jungle is notorious for reclaiming what has been taken from it by man and because he knows there isn't much chance that stone was used in construction, he particularly looks for pylons or other remains of docks that might be in the river as these would be the most likely to still be standing.

And because THIS jungle is notorious, particularly lately, for being filled with things that want to kill them, he will not suggest, and will argue against splitting up to search.

Anyone know any good divination spells that could help us out? Is there a Find Ruin spell somewhere?


Female Human Oracle 3
Stats:
Init: +8 | HP: 22/25 | AC: 16 | FF: 14 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +3 | Will: +3 | Perc: +3 | 1; 0/6 Spells Left

Aza curiously picks up the magical book and examines it, unsure as to its properties - a simple spellbook, like her own, would not give off a magical aura, would it?

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Aza will examine the book, but will likely not fight to keep it.

While she had some reservations, a gift freely given was not something she would deny - if she were rewarding someone or thanking them, she wouldn't want them to protest too much, either. "Th-thank you so much for your hospitality," Aza bows slightly to their hosts, "It was a pleasure to meet with you, and I am sorry ab-bout your cat. You've helped us a great deal."

Towards Vedic, she smiles and nods. "I would be grateful for your assistance."

As the party arrives at their search location, Aza shies away from any mention of splitting up or even spreading too far apart. The jungle itself could probably kill her, getting her lost in its strange environs, let alone all of the natural and unnatural creatures that likely wandered these parts. She suggests, though she is not sure how useful this suggestion might be, that they search for non-animal activities, any sort of man-made ruins, and will keep up her magic detection throughout their search - just in case she can spot any stray auras.


GM rolls:
5d100 ⇒ (46, 25, 39, 51, 56) = 2171d100 ⇒ 401d100 ⇒ 57

During a rest break in the trek northeast, Aza and Vedic examine the leather-bound book. It is indeed an arcane caster’s record of his known spells plus various musings on certain specialist avenues of mystical study. The author was by your judgement an unremarkable mage and the writings hold little of real interest.

[spoiler=Those skilled in spellcraft can sense that…] the spells recorded include:
the following: 1st—alarm, comprehend languages, identify, magic weapon, unseen servant; 2nd—minor image, protection from arrows, see invisibility, spectral hand; 3rd—dispel magic, heroism, slow.

By the late afternoon the Papaya Knights reach the river, well, a river, in the general area referred to by Artemis Quinn. Their attention is first drawn to the sound of rushing water and a violent run of white water rapids. It makes sense that anyone using the river for transport would site themselves downstream from this obstacle, so for the next four hours until night falls, the party roams the area. Sticking closely together they sweep the river bank following Chest Thumper’s wise thoughts on what they should be looking for, and indeed, what they need to avoid.

Aside from wet feet, tired legs, a near miss with a venomous snake Iradyiel almost sat on, and a single sighting of a large forest bear which watched their search for almost 15 minutes before returning to the jungle, the party found little for their efforts.

Little, but not nothing. Pious’ keen eyes caught sight of the rotting skeleton framework of an old abandoned kayak caught in the mud by the river, and Chest Thumper found several pot shards half a mile further along the river bed. Funny how a clay pot, so fragile whole, is almost indestructible when reduced to fragments. There was something here, once. But it’s been hidden, by time and by the jungle.

With the light failing, the party are forced to give up and camp for the night.

How and where are you sleeping? Are you camping out on the river bank or in the shelter of the jungle nearby? Are you seeking height on a nearby forested hillock, or visibility by the rapids? The biting insects are worse by the river, but each attracts different types of animal at night…

Let me know who’s taking watch, if anyone, and what you eat that night. Is anyone going off alone, hunting or foraging?


divine archer info.

as they leave
Accepting the small gift from the Praets, Iradyiel nods politely, ”Thank you, we receive your token of appreciation in the spirit it is given.”

As they leave he smiles at Vedic and points toward the book. ”If you don’t want to keep the book Master Vedic I will carry it. Paper is always useful in the jungle. It’s much more comfortable that leaves.”

Now.
As Iradyiel picks up a piece of broken clay he shakes his head, ”I really was expecting something more that ceramics. You know, like a lost city, or a tower, or a mausoleum or hidden tunnels going deep in the ground.”

Shrugging his shoulders, he points to the high ground. ”Should we camp up there? That way we can see anything approaching, and possibly determine where were going tomorrow.”


HP 10/14, AC 16, CMD 10, Fort -1, +1 Ref, +2 Will, +6 Perception Admixture 7/7, Active Effects: Message, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Mage Armor

Is the book an actual spellbook?

Vedic looked appalled. "I sincerely hope you are joking."

The elf set up a rain canopy laid out his small bed roll. His blankets and sleeping mat were inside a long waterproof sack, which he climbed inside of and propped himself up against a tree to read the new book. His pack doubled as his pillow.

He pulled a small crystal sphere from an amulet around his neck and tossed it into the air. It spun to life with a faint blue glow and started buzzing around like a silent hummingbird, flitting about the camp seeming to inspect things.

"Keep watch." Vedic said.

The little floating orb changed colors briefly and rose about 40 feet into the air to slowly orbit the camp.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Male Half-Orc 3rd level Druid CG Medium humanoid (orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision, scent; Perc: +12 Francis - Init +4; Senses Lowlight vison, Perc: +1

"I'm not quite done here yet, Iradyiel. I think we should search more in the morning. If anything, this just tells us we're in the right area. Now it's just a matter of finding the right place. I know time is of the essence but a few hours of exploring in the morning can't hurt," Chest Thumper says as the sun begins to set and the party starts thinking about a place to sleep for the night.

He nods in agreement to the half-elf's choice of campsites. As usual, his camp preparations are minimal with he and his ape brother doing little more than gathering a nest made of the larger leaves in the area. And, of course, the two of them wrestling the armor off the ape.

They eat out of the rations they've brought, neither of them particularly wanting to wander into the jungle to find food and Chest Thumper gives Francis one, ONE cup of brandy.

Also, as usual, Francis does not take a watch but will sleep through the night, unless awoken by something unusual. He does watch the little sphere curiously and swipes at it as it circles up into the sky.

"That's not yours, leave it alone," Chest Thumper chides him.

He'll take the midwatch as his eyes are the best adapted to the darkness.


Female Human Oracle 3
Stats:
Init: +8 | HP: 22/25 | AC: 16 | FF: 14 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +3 | Will: +3 | Perc: +3 | 1; 0/6 Spells Left

Aza sighs with only a hint of sarcasm in her voice. "I agree, Iradyiel. Given what we've run into so far, though, I would ex-ex... assume that such a place would be filled to the brim with undead." She prepares her bedroll with care, searching for a comfy part of the ground to sit, and offers to take the first watch as she pulls out her spellbook and makes a few shaky, practically illegible notes in it, often quite a bit quieter in the evenings after Jit's departure.

However, Aza stares up at the glowing sphere with more than a little wonder as it floats into the air, then looks back down at Vedic. "W-wow, that's pretty... wh-what is it?" she asks softly.


random victim…: 1d5 ⇒ 1

Earlier...

During a rest break in the trek northeast, Aza and Vedic examine the leather-bound book. It is indeed an arcane caster’s record of his known spells plus various musings on certain specialist avenues of mystical study. The author was by your judgement an unremarkable mage and the musings themselves hold little of real interest. The spells however...

those skilled in spellcraft:
are as follows: 1st—alarm, comprehend languages, identify, magic weapon, unseen servant; 2nd—minor image, protection from arrows, see invisibility, spectral hand; 3rd—dispel magic, heroism, slow.

Later...

Leaving the rushing waters of the riverbank behind them the party head towards a small hillock, covered over with trees and thick jungle vines, but drier and less noisy. Iradyiel and Chest Thumper lead them along a deer trail up to find a rocky cleft sheltered from the rain and with a view down to the river below. Reconnoitering the immediate area, Pious even locates a small but crystal clear bubbling brook running down the rocks of the hillock – perfect for washing off the day’s grime.

Back in the cleft the Papaya Knights drop their packs and relax, and turn their thoughts to their rumbling stomachs – it’s been a long and tiring day. With a small fire holding back the dark, they eat, share stories, and fall to rest.

***

Much later, Aza gently shakes Chest Thumper awake for his watch. The rest of the group are asleep - someone is gently snoring (I’m not clear who that would be?). Chest Thumper takes a dozen steps into the foliage to answer a call of nature, and it is while he doing so, admiring the view through the trees to the river below, that it hits him.

It’s the noise that gives it away - a bubbling brook? Atop a small hillock 30’ above the river? That’s odd… Watched silently from far above by Vedic’s Ioun stone, he follows the sound of the water up the rocky slope in dim starlight filtered through the jungle foliage, and locates the source.

In a tree-lined grove, he finds a hardwood statue, inclined at an angle and heavily weathered, but recognisably of two merged humanoid figures. The water, sparklingly clear pure water, spills magically and unendingly from a leaf-shaped metal bowl clasped in their hands. Looking around him, the shapes of the grove fall into shape: a number of tumbled walls, a door’s rotted timbers overgrown with roots, the remains of some flagstones, a stone bench.

He hurries back to tell the others.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Male Half-Orc 3rd level Druid CG Medium humanoid (orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision, scent; Perc: +12 Francis - Init +4; Senses Lowlight vison, Perc: +1

Chest Thumper wakens the rest of the group (except Francis, who is used to ignoring his voice while he sleeps and is snoring the night away) with a few relatively soft calls to consciousness. They are still deep in the jungle, after all. Shouting for people to wake up is a sure way to get the attention of things whose attention is much better avoided.

"I found something. I think I found the village. There is a fountain and some ruins," he tells them as they come awake.

"It's back that way but we should probably wait until morning before we explore it. Daylight will help us all search and a good night's sleep will help us when we run into trouble." He does not think "if" is an option. The area around Pridon' Hearth is a dangerous place and there is sure to be trouble here. That trouble likely is the cause of this colony being abandoned in the first place.

Despite his caution, he is obviously excited about his discovery.


divine archer info.

earlier
"Kidding?" Iradyiel shrugs, "Maybe I would save the parts that had written stuff so we could sell it. But paper is much softer than those rough banana leaves."

He nods in aggreement with Chest Thumper, "Good thinking Master Thumper"

Getting his bunk ready Seamus watches Vedic release the crystal sphere, Iradyiel asks, 'What will that do?"

Now
Rubbing his eyes as he wakes up, Iradyiel listens carefully while Chest Thumper explains what he found. Yawning widely, "That's great Master Thumper. I'm glad you found the source of the water. It almost kept me awake. I think you right, going in the morning would be best."

He nods at the moon, "Please wake me up when it's time for my watch."

did we ever designate a watch order?"


HP 10/14, AC 16, CMD 10, Fort -1, +1 Ref, +2 Will, +6 Perception Admixture 7/7, Active Effects: Message, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Mage Armor

Earlier

"My Familiar. It's name is Array." Vedic replied to Aza.

Now

Vedic came awake with one hand already gathering a glowing power that dropped the temperature near him by a few degrees. When it was clear there was no danger he listened to the discussion but had nothing to add in his groggy, irritated state so he went back to sleep.

501 to 550 of 1,214 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ire of the Storm - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.