Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


5,901 to 5,950 of 12,164 << first < prev | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | next > last >>

Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

What about it Nimpy, can you open the captains door if we let you out? It's under one condition, for now I will have to put you back in. Do you agree?

sense motive to see if Nimpy appears to be telling the truth1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


"I... perhaps I could. Are you sure he's gone?"

Sense Motive: Nimpy hates the Captain but is terrified of him. It's impossible to say which motivation is stronger.


Meanwhile, back at sea. Round One: Xenfal tries, unsuccessfully, to cure Zimu's panic. Zimu pulls out the scroll of Levitate and casts it; she'll flee the boat for the air next round (since actually levitating is a move action, and everyone is staggered this turn). And Sir Edmin stabs one of the beasts with a harpoon, drawing blood!

Round Two, the beast that Sir Edmin stabbed snarls and lunges at him. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Whoops. Okay, can it confirm that? 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


No crit, just a nasty bite. 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 points of damage. The creature's teeth are incredibly sharp; they leave slashes like so many razors.

Bleed damage: you'll take another d6 of damage at the beginning of each turn until you get that seen to. A DC 15 Heal check will stop the bleeding, as will any sort of healing magic. You do have some healing magic at hand, right?

The other creature surges forward through the water, its mouth opening horribly wide. It lunges over the gunwale towards Zimu, drawn to her panic. It's a charge attack -- +2 to hit, but it will be at -2 AC next turn.1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 I believe that hits... Zimu, your AC is 10 + 3 Dex = 13, right? You don't have Mage Armor or anything?

Damage is 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 -- plus bleeding, as above.


Round Two PC actions: Zimu will flee into the air, dripping blood. Since she's still in range, Xenfal wastes his action trying to rally her. Sir Edmin can draw his axe and attack -- either the one already wounded, or the one that charged and is at -2 AC; your choice.


Meanwhile, in Round One in the other boat: Captain Odenkirk stares for a moment in disbelief at the attack on the other boat. Then, "My seal pelts!" he bellows. In a moment the little boat has set sail and is rushing towards the fray.

At the beginning of Round Two you'll be 360' away. At the start of Round Three, 320', and so forth. Jax, if you have anything that you can do at those ranges, you can act. Otherwise, you'll have to wait a few rounds until you get closer.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:

The other creature surges forward through the water, its mouth opening horribly wide. It lunges over the gunwale towards Zimu, drawn to her panic. It's a charge attack -- +2 to hit, but it will be at -2 AC next turn. I believe that hits... Zimu, your AC is 10 + 3 Dex = 13, right? You don't have Mage Armor or anything?

Damage is -- plus bleeding, as above.

No Mage Armor but I believe you said we would go 'full defense and withdraw' when panicked what does that do for AC? Also I looked on my paizo page sheet and it's not there, but in my notebook I have the Warden's Ring of Protection so my AC is 14 plus whatever full defense does. Sorry, I lost my iphone notes (I mentioned this a few months ago, and apologized when my phone got fried) but I have kept a detailed notebook I have been keeping since the start of the game.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

RD 3

Xen will crouch down to lower his center of gravity and help to keep the boat from capsizing. If Zimu is still within 30 feet, he will try to rally her again.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 Rallying Cry or attack with Della

If she is not he stabs the crap out of the closest one. use the above roll 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4 Della is no longer sharpened. As Xenfal strikes a blue glow seems to radiate from his body down the shaft of Della to explode on the seal beast.


Quote:


No Mage Armor but I believe you said we would go 'full defense and withdraw' when panicked what does that do for AC?

You only go full defense if you're cornered. You have a potential escape route, so you're not cornered.

Quote:
Also I looked on my paizo page sheet and it's not there, but in my notebook I have the Warden's Ring of Protection so my AC is 14

Well, it rolled a 14. So, still hits.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Actually it was a 13 but you used a d8 instead of a d20 and had added a +8 instead of a +7 which is what you used for Edmin. So f you almost hit me with a 13 rolled on a d8 I'm sure a d20 would hit me. Currently there is a 13 showing but we can assume you hit because you used a d8.


Oh, good grief, you are right -- I rolled a d8 for the attack. I'm sorry. Okay, will roll that attack again. 1d20 ⇒ 16


Xen, you're jumping ahead a little -- we still need to finish Round Two (Sir Edmin gets to attack) and then the creatures get their attacks in at the beginning of Round Three. If Edmin isn't around by late afternoon my time, I'll roll for him so we can move forward.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

I would have taken the hit, without the re roll, did not want to chance a painful crit.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Sorry, Busy schedule and didnt want you to have to wait for me today! If there are saves that need to be made prior, I trust you to blow them for me!


Xenfal wrote:
If there are saves that need to be made prior, I trust you to blow them for me!

I'll do my best!


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

How does that work with the harpoon? Can I reel it in and hit it with my ax now? I think I would like to pull it close and tie it off to the boat then go to work on it. If not I guess I can just keep stabbing.


Actually, you get a FRA this round. So you could just drop the harpoon, pull out your axe, and attack with that. You'd keep the same attack roll. Do you want to do that?

Also, which one are you attacking? The one you already hit? Or the one that charged Zimu last round, and thus is at -2 AC this round?


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Edmin, don't forget that the axe is magic, so your attack/damage should increase slightly. Also, were you using power attack?


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Right now the Judge is staying up on the deck. I figured that Dren would speak with the halfling. We both have about the same diplomacy - +11 vs. +10. Since I am already on the deck, I think that Dren should be doing the speaking/coercion.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Since you put it that way....

Keeping the above roll for Power Attack = 7+8+1= 16 to hit
Damage:1d12 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Okay, but on which creature?


Ah wait, you have Weapon Focus: Great Axe. Okay. -- See, it makes a difference, because if you didn't, you would just miss. Unless you attacked the one that charged, which is why I was asking.

Well then! Sir Edmin hacks at the wounded creature. It screams in rage -- a horrible, grating sound. It has no effect, though; you're focused on combat now.


Round Three. One creature has taken 23 points of damage, the other is unhurt. Jax and the Captain are now 320' away.

Bleed damage: Sir Edmin, take an additional 1d6 ⇒ 3 points. Zimu, take an additional 1d6 ⇒ 2. The bleed damage will continue until you get magical healing or someone makes a DC 15 Heal check on you.

The blood dripping into the water excites the two creatures into a frenzy. Shrieking and squealing, they hurl themselves against the boat. They are focusing their attacks on Sir Edmin meaning that he's going to be flanked... it's a small boat.

The injured creature lunges over the gunwale at the knight. 1d20 ⇒ 1 Its mate does the same, from the other side. 1d20 ⇒ 17


Sir Edmin takes another 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 points of damage. So, you're currently at -12.


Now, Rallying Cry: this gets interesting. The range is 30'. Levitation moves you 20' per round. So Zimu moved 20' on Round Two and will move 20' again on Round Three -- straight up. So, Zimu's fate is likely to depend on whether her initiative was higher than Xen's (in which case she'll move out of range before she can act) or lower (in which case he'll rally her).

Checking back a couple of pages... looks like Zimu's initiative was an 11, while Xen's was a 14. So Xen goes first!


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Stop messing around up there and help us out!

she gets to retake the save as if she rolled a 27


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Jax will pull out his light crossbow and load it. I think I can shoot that far...

Range increment on light crossbow is only 80 ft, ranged weapons have 10 range increments. Jax will take a -2 per increment beyond 80 so: -12 for turn 2, -10 for turn 3 and so on. Oh, plus another -4 for the creatures being in melee combat.

Round 2:
1d20 - 10 ⇒ (4) - 10 = -6

Round 3:
1d20 - 8 ⇒ (8) - 8 = 0

Round 4:
1d20 - 8 ⇒ (2) - 8 = -6

Heh..okay maybe not. The tiefling shoulders the crossbow and grins goofily at the Captain. Hopefully your seal pelts will survive.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Xenfal suddenly raises Della and cuts loose with a wild, whirling cry that echoes from the clouds above!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-UDWPXrW5c


Zimu's panic disappears, like mist blown away by a strong sudden wind. Zimu, you are yourself again. You are 20' above the boat and can act in this round.

That was Xen's Round Three action, so it's over to Zimu and Sir Edmin.

Meanwhile: 1d20 ⇒ 1


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

If you need healing call out for it, otherwise it is time to wail on the baddies, I got 3 spells, and I want to hld onto one for each of us, to stop bleeding


A nat 1... well, dang.

Okay, this is why Xen's better initiative -- and his stubborn insistence on trying Rallying Cry for a third time, after it had failed twice -- probably saved Zimu from certain death:

Zimu shakes her head, clearing the last scraps of terror away... and happens to glance upwards. Two hundred feet above her, a scrap of mist or fog seems to have detached from the dreary grey ceiling of cloud. Zimu's sharp eyes focus on it, and with a sudden chill she realizes that it's neither mist nor fog: it is Killiketz, who has come back down out of the cloud and is drifting downwards like a snowflake.

Yeah, if not for the Rallying Cry you'd be flying directly upwards in a blind panic right now, straight into his arms. And since he has +14 Stealth, you probably wouldn't have noticed him without the nat 1. Oh, well. You're not out of the woods yet...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

:) YAY Xenfal! Look who just proved he was useful!


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

HEY DMDM, I ust reread rallying cry, I believe it is a performance that I started, IE keeping it going is a free action. I also have an attack this round, last round too but I boned that one


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Xenfal brings his Della down from his cry onto the head of the wounded beast.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 for 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8


Judge Tohram Quasangi wrote:
Right now the Judge is staying up on the deck. I figured that Dren would speak with the halfling. We both have about the same diplomacy - +11 vs. +10. Since I am already on the deck, I think that Dren should be doing the speaking/coercion.

Okay. Dren, you can either roleplay this or use Diplomacy, or both.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Cуровую has fled in a panic, with no thoughts but to put herself far away from such unearthly a noise. She hears it again, and uses the force of her spell to propel her even higher. Fleeing what maybe some horrible childhood terror.

But as she ascends, Cуровую hears Xen finally catch the perfect pitch, and his war cry to call her back aligns her sense to bring her back to the present.

Cursing at herself she catches a glimpse of the ice creature decending towards her again, she then looks back to her allies on the boat.

Thinking quickly she concentrates and reverses direction and comes back down, but stops about 5 feet before landing on the boat that is being swarmed.

DM how far is the ice creature? If it is further than 40 feet the following will occur.

Cуровую traces intricate patterns before her, gestures that seem almost sensual and playful, often touching parts of her body. Mirror Image 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 images of Cуровую appear just above the boat.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Next Round or current round if the ice creature is 40 ft away.

DM Cуровую will Bluff to pretend she has not seen the ice creature descend from it's watching point, once it is within 40 feet she will hit it with Scorching Ray

Bluff 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Attack ranged touch 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20

Damage 4d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4, 5, 4, 1) + 2 + 1 = 17

If the ice creature is not within 40 ft on this round Cуровую will instead target the sea creature more hurt fighting either Xen or Edmin, while attempting to Bluff the the ice creature that she has not seen it..

Light crossbow 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 23


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Light crossbow Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Cуровую has taken 4 damage from the bite and 2 from bleed, down 6 so far.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

I understand your fear, but we must learn the captain's true nature as well as possibly his weaknesses in order to defeat him, help us...he is off the ship right now!

Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Killiketz was more than 40' away, so your Round Three action is to cast Mirror Image. If it moves within 40' on Round Four, we'll take your first action (scorching ray). If not, we'll take your second (crossbow).


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Jax you rolled a 20 to identify the ice creature right? Could you yell over some helpful advice when you a little closer to us?


"All... all right. I will try." The halfling steps out of the box. He is emaciated and dressed only in a few rags and, frankly, he stinks. Still, he moves with quiet competence, stepping softly past the sleepers to the door.

"I don't have any tools... Let's see here..."


Only Edmin left in Round 3; once he's made his attack, we can proceed to Round 4.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

He rolled for the seal-like shark-mouthed monstrosities, not the ice creature--which wasn't visible until recently to him. I'll make a roll for it now, if possible: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Damage: 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Round 4. Jax and the Captain are now 280' away.

Bleed damage: Sir Edmin, take an additional 1d6 ⇒ 3 points. Zimu, take an additional 1d6 ⇒ 5. The bleed damage will continue until you get magical healing or someone makes a DC 15 Heal check on you.

The two creatures continue to focus their attacks on Sir Edmin, snarling and squealing. 1d20 ⇒ 111d20 ⇒ 13 Both hit, for 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 6) + 3 = 11 damage. Also, Sir Edmin will suffer a second d6 of bleed damage at the beginning of each round now. Edmin and Zimu, can you track damage on your character sheets?


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

did my attack hit last rd? Rallying cry is a bardic eperf I checked


Killiketz descends in a slow spiral to 120' above Zimu. Does he realize that Zimu has spotted him? 1d20 ⇒ 17 Yes he does. He took a FRA this round, though, so he can't act until Round Five.


Xen, missed by 1 -- it's AC 15. But you can try again this round! You, Zimu and Sir Edmin are all up now.


Meanwhile, back on the Frosthamar: Nimpy the halfling stares in wonder at Morsum. He is impressed but unafraid.

"Is it an illusion? Master Ellidor was wondrous good with... but no. Some sort of elemental spirit? And it will fight for you! My friend, you are a man of talents, I can see."

5,901 to 5,950 of 12,164 << first < prev | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.