Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


6,051 to 6,100 of 12,164 << first < prev | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | next > last >>

Inspire Courage does /not/ work on Magic Missiles.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Judge Tohram Quasangi wrote:
Cy - levitate only lets you go up 20'/round. I would say launch 2 magic missiles at the ice devil before any fast healing kicks in. You really hurt it last round, maybe 2d4+2+1 will be enough to take it down. And the auto-hit with MM is good considering the distance.

That was 70 percent my next move, I was just considering Edmin may need help so I did not want to leave them fighting the remaining seal. Edmin was the former leader of team evil, and more importantly in Cуровую mind, the first of the group to show signs of a possible alliance way back in the jail cell.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
Inspire Courage does /not/ work on Magic Missiles.

Of that I am certain, but on the bright side I have a +2 Evoker bonus.


Well, Edmin and Xen are up now. (And Jax, though he's still a bit far away). Let's see how they do.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 4 = 29 Xen defensively casts CLW on Edmin

Trying killing it this time will ya? I can't keep healing you!.

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

going to try and catch four hours of sleep, so will roll this for now.

Cуровую looks at the fleeing ice creature then to the combat below. She makes a decision, and rises another 20 feet in the air.

Magic Missile 2d4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 + 2 = 9 to the ice creature.


Well if Sir Edmin dies, don't blame me...


Killiketz climbs towards the cloud ceiling above, but Zimu's spell catches the ice creature before it gets there. The magical force bolt hits it in its midsection, already half melted through by the magical flame ray.

Killiketz snaps in two like an icicle.

The lower half plummets towards the cold sea below. The upper, winged half flaps a few more times... and then it, too, falls. 1d100 ⇒ 37 1d100 ⇒ 48 The two pieces plummet into the ocean on either side of the boat, splashing you but doing no harm. (Everyone in the boat is thoroughly cold and wet already anyway.)

"Lorrrd Graaaupel! Iiiaieeee -- " First the lower and then, a couple of seconds later, the upper half of Killiketz hit the water. The impact shatters both halves into several pieces. A moment later these float to the surface. There's nothing left but some chunks of ordinary looking ice, bobbing gently on the cold green sea.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

"It is not my fault, you keep rocking the boat!" The knight draws back for another swing, his eyes narrowing as he mutters under his breath. "I am so going to make you into a coat."

Burning off bad luck dice!:
100d20 ⇒ (5, 13, 12, 6, 7, 19, 12, 16, 12, 16, 17, 7, 6, 14, 17, 11, 4, 1, 16, 11, 17, 14, 20, 5, 6, 11, 3, 20, 2, 5, 12, 4, 10, 7, 19, 9, 2, 6, 7, 20, 11, 12, 1, 6, 4, 14, 11, 3, 12, 2, 8, 16, 18, 10, 4, 14, 19, 17, 5, 16, 6, 16, 4, 15, 6, 17, 1, 1, 13, 4, 5, 19, 20, 5, 6, 8, 10, 2, 10, 7, 20, 13, 6, 12, 15, 8, 2, 16, 2, 3, 2, 4, 11, 14, 19, 1, 11, 11, 15, 13) = 997

Challenge! +1 to hit +1 Damage.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 28
Damage: 1d12 + 10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 + 1 = 15


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Did we find any lock picks on the subdued man?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Dude. Why would an ordinary sailor have lock picks?


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Because he dreamed of being much more than an npc someday?


Round 8. Jax and the Captain are now 120' away. Bleed damage: None this round.

Zimu goes, then the surviving creature, then everyone else.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cуровую зиму wrote:


Because he dreamed of being much more than an npc someday?

True story: there's an episode in an Icelandic saga where a blind guy hears the enemy of his family walking past. Like, the guy had killed his father... blood feud, totally standard in 10th century Iceland.

So Iceland was juuuust starting to go Christian then. So blind guy, he prays to Jesus to give him his sight back. And lo! His sight is restored. And he whips out his axe and splits his enemy's head in two. And lo! The people wondered, and many of them turned to Jesus.

This is often cited as an example of how Viking-era Scandinavians were a little slow to grasp what Christianity was supposed to be about. But what I find interesting about the story is that *the blind dude was walking around carrying a battleaxe*. Because it was just part of normal male attire, you see, like a necktie or something.

Anyway. No lockpicks.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

nimpy could try one more time. He doesn't have to be such a loser and give up after the first try


You know, I just checked the rule on locks. And it says you can retry! I thought it was one attempt only. Pretty sure that's another difference between PF and 3.x.

I can see arguments for both, but I think I liked 3.x better -- interpreted liberally, this would let you take 20 on every lock. The rule doesn't say how many retries you get, though. So I'm going to say that Nimpy gets a second attempt and that's it.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

huzzah!

if goblin there, gobling chew on delicious halfkinghock till door open


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Cуровую smiles at her handy work as the ice creature turns into a toping for a frozen drink. It's a short lived expression because she see's her companions still in the thick of it.

At 35 feet above the beleaguered boat, she lowers herself 20 feet and uses her bonded item to produce yet another Scorching Ray.

She hopes that the seal's fur is Edmin's size. The north can be cold for men this time of year.

Inspire Courage is still going right?

1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 15

Damage 4d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3, 2, 5) + 2 + 1 = 17


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Bref wrote:

huzzah!

if goblin there, gobling chew on delicious halfkinghock till door open

Why I miss Bref.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
Dude. Why would an ordinary sailor have lock picks?

Because sometimes sailors like to make a little extra profit by making withdrawals from locked cargo.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

I am a sailor and I carry lock picks. Just sayin.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

That explain's the battle axe's chastity belt.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

ic is up


Judge Tohram Quasangi wrote:


Because sometimes sailors like to make a little extra profit by making withdrawals from locked cargo.

Nice! But pause and consider what ship you're on.


Nimpy rubs his chin. "Maybe if I carve a hook into the end of the ivory pin, I can catch the tumbler... just a moment."

Nimpy's second attempt: 1d20 ⇒ 11 The halfling sighs and shakes his head. "No. It's a good lock."


The scorching ray hits the creature square in its open, sharklike mouth.

There is a sort of a FWOOMPH sound.


The creature sinks slowly into the water. It's still twitching a little, but it's obviously dead.


A few moments later, the second boat pulls up alongside, with Jax, Old Olaf, and Captain Odenkirk. The Captain actually looks slightly concerned.

"The seal pelts. Were they harmed?" He peers anxiously into your boat. "Ah, no. Well then."


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Cуровую scans the area for anything that can lead them to information regarding the ice creature as well as items of interest. She casts Detect Magic from above the two boats and scans the surroundings, focusing first on the waters then after that the captain.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


If Killiketz had any items on him, they were heavier than water and have now sunk to the bottom of Seal Bay.

As for Captain Odenkirk, well,

Zimu:

With your amended vision, you can see several haloes of fuzzy colored light radiating from different parts of Captain Odenkirk. After a few moments, you can parse them as follows: (1) A ring on his finger. Faint green glow, aura of transmutation. (2) A flask at his belt contains a potion, oil, or some other magical liquid. Faint yellow, abjuration. (3) He has something under his armor, in the chest area, that radiates another faint green transmutation aura. (4) He's carrying something in a belt pouch that radiates a brighter purple glow -- moderate evocation.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

I am sorry Nimpy, we didn't plan this out very well. One of our group may have some lock picks but he is off seal hunting with the captain. I guess it is back in the box for now, I am sorry.
Judge, we probably need to kill this sailor and have Morsum appear jumping off the ship again. It would look odd that he was just knocked unconscious and survived. I will do what has to be done to give the man a quick death...

Dren draws out his blade and hesitates before slitting the man's throat...


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Whoa!

O_o

Um ... Dren? Stealth? Bad day at the office?


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Morsum, speaking for the Judge turns to Dren while shaking his shadowy his head:
He does not know what hit him. Let him live. I can leave and nobody will know what happened. Perhaps he tripped and fell. If he is killed, this will make the Captain most suspicious. We need to coerce the Captain off the ship, the fewer suspicions we raise, the easier this will be.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Xen will try to grab the corpse and drag it on board with Edmin. Perhaps it is worth something as well.

Appraise 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Now which one of you needs my last healing for today?


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Probably that sailor Dren is about to Red Wedding.

Edmin could probably benefit the most among the seal hunting party.


The corpse is not worth anything except as a curiosity.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Edmin helps Xenfal drag the beast on to the deck as he mutters under his breath. "Cloak. Going to make this mother fragger into a cloak."

Is the other one still harpooned? If so I will drag it in also.


These guys are pretty big -- you can't easily get both into the boat. But yes, you can get one. For a modest fee, the Captain will instruct one of the sailors (who has Craft: Leather) to make you a cloak.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

clw 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

I was watching the combat from the other side of the room in case things went south with Morsum, did he see Morsum or was he caught completely unaware?


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Depends on the fee....


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

You know those Viking raiders with wolf pelts complete with heads they use for cloaks? It would be great to see Edmin with a seal shark head on his shoulder. Fashion statement and +2 bonus with diplomacy to bugbears.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

My thought is that neither the Judge, nor Dren, are the physically imposing specimens that someone would think could knock out a tough, albeit deaf, sailor without causing any noise. Thus, I think we can just let Deaf Olaf wake up and wonder why he has such a welt on his head. He probably dozed off and, knowing the Captain, will not admit he fell asleep to avoid punishment.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

The ghost of the old bone man who has come to haunt the ship. We can help spread a superstitious rumor of seeing him too.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Edmin Al'Roth wrote:
Depends on the fee....

Think of it as a loan. I think we have plans to get it back.


The Captain is reasonably content with the outcome of the day's hunt. He'll pay you half value for your pelts, as agreed -- add 75 gp to someone's total, or the party treasury. (Is anyone keeping track of party treasury?)

He does not seem to think it noteworthy that you were attacked by monsters and nearly killed.


Making a cloak will cost 50 gp and take a week. It will look weird, but in an intimidating way.

Well then! The ship will lift anchor, and continue on its way north...

Frosthamar Cruise Lines: don't miss our side trek specials!


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

who is keeping track. Also did anyone ever note how much we spent on iron tools? I asked a couple times for a tally but never got one.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

At an opportune time Cуровую will want to meet with Jax, Dren and the Judge in a secluded area and describe to them in detail Killiketz, and mention this Lord Grrraupel, the Mountain That Swims, perhaps they will have pertinent Knowledge to share.


Okay. You've got a couple of days for that. Try Planes and/or Arcana.

6,051 to 6,100 of 12,164 << first < prev | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.