Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


5,851 to 5,900 of 12,164 << first < prev | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | next > last >>

Come to think of it, I should probably ask people to make rolls in a particular order... well, next time.

Remarkably, it's Xenfal who saves the boat from capsizing. And nobody goes overboard! Okay, great. All is well!


Except...

Some little distance away, a brown head pops out of the water. At first glance, it looks a bit like a seal. But there's something wrong with the proportions...

The creature opens its mouth. And screams.


It's a horrible, ripping shriek, impossibly loud. It's a bit like the cry Killiketz made just before he vanished -- but much louder. It seems to get right into your brain somehow.

Everyone in the boat must now make a Will save.


(And before you ask, no, you haven't had a chance to act yet. Still in the surprise round.)


Man, if Xen hadn't rolled that 19, you guys would be in so much hurt right now. Hm.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

I didn't even preview that one, I promise, I assumed I was going over, just did them how it logically made sense. Init to see when I act, reflex to keep from going over, then survival to keep the whole boat from going over

Will 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Okay, that's one.

BTW, when the creature opened its mouth to shriek? A seal has a mouth full of carnivore teeth, rather like a dog's. A seal bite is no laughing matter. But this thing's mouth is, like, teeth and more teeth and then more teeth. Rows of them, like a shark.

Okay. It's just, if the boat capsizes, everyone has to make a Fort save to avoid being stunned by the freezing cold water, and then Swim checks, and then even if you make those you're at -2 to attack, and then you can be grappled and dragged under and drowned... it's just better in every way. Oh well, next time.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

haven't you killed me enough? Someone elses tur n I think


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

DM as I had asked, would Cуровую gotten one spell cast as that creature was flying?

Judge would it be possible for Morsum to attempt stealth first? Or enlist the halfling's aid? Not out of kindness for the sailors but rather to keep the captain's suspicions off us.

Will save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Edit - and the bad dice rolls for me continues


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Nice Survival save Xen


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Will SV: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Okay, that's a big old failed save. That's bad. Zimu, the thing's shriek touches something deep in your brain! For the first time in your life, you are completely panicked.

Panicked!:

"A panicked creature must drop anything it holds and flee at top speed from the source of its fear, as well as any other dangers it encounters, along a random path. It can't take any other actions. In addition, the creature takes a –2 penalty on all saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. If cornered, a panicked creature cowers and does not attack, typically using the total defense action in combat. A panicked creature can use special abilities, including spells, to flee; indeed, the creature must use such means if they are the only way to escape."

Under the RAW, I think that means you MUST use your scroll of Levitate on yourself, to get as far away from the thing as possible. (You could also jump into the water and try to swim away from it, but that wouldn't fit the "flee at top speed".)


Quote:
Well if you go by the time stamps on the discussion thread, I still was asking about casting Levitate and was considering casting it on the boat to stabilize it.

As noted, Levitate wouldn't help in this case.

Quote:
Or my other thought was to Summon an avian to give chase or swimming creature to find Jax, hence my question if the other boat was in sight. And have Edmin and Xen ready crossbows.

Going to say no on the first, and as to the latter -- well, they would have to say so.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

she might be ok I will be using rallying cry next rd 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

here is the link


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

nope she won't be lol.


She's not going to be okay if you roll like that! Also, note that the failed attempt used your action for this round.

Let's see. Your inits were 5, 11 and 14. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Pfft. Well.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Xenfal wrote:

she might be ok I will be using rallying cry next rd 1d20+9

here is the link

Yaay for Xen's rallying cry!

Edit - :(


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

DM in a panicked state can I still have some comprehension, meaning could I try to grab another person as I Levitate, and I will use my bonded item not the scroll.


Okay, so. There are two of the creatures. They made successful Stealth checks and snuck up on you; on the surprise round, one charged and butted the boat, while the other shrieked.

They'll now switch over! They won init against everyone, so they get to act first. The one that shrieked will now dive underwater and slam itself against the boat, while the one that butted the boat will now pop its head out of the water and shriek. So, please roll the following in this order.

Survival again: this time, since you know it's coming, it's a much easier roll -- DC 10 instead of DC 20. However, Zimu can't make a check, because she's panicked. So only Edmin and Xenfal roll.

Reflex save: +2 because you see it coming, which means it should be easy enough. Zimu, this is the only roll you make. You're at -2 because you're panicked.

Will save: Since you made it against the other creature, I'll grant you a +1 circumstance bonus. Zimu, you don't roll this, because you couldn't possibly be more terrified than you already are.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Quote:
Reflex save: +2 because you see it coming, which means it should be easy enough. Zimu, this is the only roll you make. You're at -2 because you're panicked.

DM in a panicked state can I still have some comprehension, meaning could I try to grab another person as I Levitate, and I will use my bonded item not the scroll.

Would the bonus cancel the panicked penalty?

Spoiler:
random rolls 19d20 ⇒ (11, 14, 3, 8, 12, 12, 13, 11, 18, 12, 5, 9, 12, 10, 19, 5, 8, 14, 2) = 198 Hopefully I get rid of some bad rolls

Re save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 -2?


Now, meanwhile: what of the other boat? Where are Jax and the Captain? Well, let's see. The Captain doesn't want the boats too close together, nor either too far apart. Let's say he wants to stay between 200 and 1200 feet away. So, 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4. Hey, just 400' away.

The boats have a top speed when paddling of 20' per round, or in the current light breeze they can sail at up to 50' per round. Are you upwind or downwind? 1 = upwind, 2 or 8 the wind's on the quarter, 3-6 you're downwind. 1d8 ⇒ 8 Okay, you can move 40' per round. So, ten rounds away.

If one of the crew can make a perception check to notice the conversation with Killiketz, then we can say they started sailing towards you already. 1d20 ⇒ 15 1d20 ⇒ 14 Ooh, close but not quite... Perception checks are at a minus for the distance. They did hear Killiketz's departing shriek, but that was after he'd already left; they didn't notice that he was perched on your boat chatting for a bit.

So, unless Jax can make that check, the rest of the party is 400' away and will take 10 rounds to arrive. If Jax makes it, then they're only 200' away and will arrive in 5 rounds. If they have ranged weapons or spells, they can act before that, of course.


Quote:


DM in a panicked state can I still have some comprehension, meaning could I try to grab another person as I Levitate, and I will use my bonded item not the scroll.

1) I'm pretty sure that you + Sir Edmin + all your gear > 300 lbs. You + Xenfal, well, I see that you put "120 lbs" on your character sheet. Xen doesn't seem to have. If you want to try, we could roll for it... there's a weight table. But note that your gear must be included, so he'd have to roll pretty low.

2) "A bonded object can be used once per day to cast any one spell that the wizard has in his spellbook and is capable of casting". Levitate isn't in your spellbook, so no -- gotta use the scroll.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

It's nice that DM gives some semblance of hope, not unlike shooting a downed horsie.


You made your save, anyway. So we just have to wait for the other two to do Survival / Ref save / Will save. And then you get your actions for Round One... except that Xen has already acted, and you can't do anything but flee. So that leaves Sir Edmin. Edmin, you only get a standard action this round. You're holding a harpoon, which is a d8 / x3 weapon. You can drop it and pull out your axe, but (since you don't have the quick draw feat) that would use up your action for Round One.

Meanwhile, the Judge...


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 ref
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 survival

Xen has about 25 lbs of gear since he has a haversack


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
"A bonded object can be used once per day to cast any one spell that the wizard has in his spellbook and is capable of casting". Levitate isn't in your spellbook, so no -- gotta use the scroll.

I do have that spell. (checks). Your right, how could I have not purchased that spell for my book! Uggggggh! I really thought I did!


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

back to work for me. If zimu is near next rd he will rallying cry again 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

I'll be on my phone if there is an easy post to make


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Jax H E L P


So, that'll be your Round Two action... okay. If she's in range. (And, hey, you rolled another nat 1. Wow.)

Note that if Sir Edmin doesn't make that Survival check, you're all going in the water.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

burning crap rolls:
100d20 ⇒ (7, 10, 10, 4, 11, 11, 6, 15, 19, 19, 8, 3, 11, 1, 11, 12, 5, 12, 12, 7, 20, 7, 15, 9, 13, 10, 4, 14, 12, 1, 8, 1, 4, 7, 11, 2, 8, 16, 4, 7, 11, 8, 16, 16, 15, 15, 4, 9, 13, 10, 19, 2, 13, 8, 17, 4, 4, 19, 13, 15, 8, 9, 5, 16, 5, 12, 7, 16, 13, 17, 2, 2, 14, 9, 3, 10, 11, 14, 18, 7, 19, 13, 9, 13, 7, 7, 15, 8, 17, 13, 19, 12, 14, 9, 16, 14, 4, 14, 9, 15) = 1043


Morsum rolled a 24 for Stealth. How is Deaf Olaf's perception? 1d20 ⇒ 15 Not good enough.

Okay, so Morsum sort of oozes along the bulkhead, past the sleeping bunks, and is now adjacent to Deaf Olaf. He is intent on his scrimshaw and does not notice the shadowy creature that's now right next to him.

So you said you want to knock the Deaf Olaf unconscious... Morsum is not specialized for that, so I see two options. (1) He can attack Deaf Olaf with nonlethal damage. He'll get a surprise round (one attack only) and then, if he wins initiative, a FRA. Olaf will be flat-footed, so should be easy to hit. However, attacks to deal nonlethal damage strike at -4 on attack rolls, and if you don't knock him out before his Round One action he'll scream. (2) You can attempt to grapple him around the neck and strangle him into unconsciousness. You'd almost certainly succeed in the grapple attempt. However, it takes an obnoxiously long time for someone to go unconscious if you don't have any feats that help, and even if he can't cry out he could still make noise by kicking, banging, etc. How do you want to play it?


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

S T E A L T H


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Reflex: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

atta boy! if for somereason Zimu has fled, I will use Inspire courage as my rd 2 action, and as a free action

WE ARE UNDER ATTACK! WE COULD USE A LITTLE HELP HERE!


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Harpoon Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11


Male Eidolon Disconcerting Shadowy Monstrosity HP: 9/53; AC23(27 w/Mage Armor; 31 w/MA& Shield),T12,FF20; F+6,R+3,W+4/+8; Per+9; Init+2)

Morsum silently approaches the deaf sailor from behind. He then raises his shadowy claws, curls them into fists and attempts to pummel the whittler into silence.

Surprise
Attack-bite (non-lethal): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 4 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Attack-claw (non-lethal): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 4 = 5
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Attack-claw (non-lethal): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 4 = 6
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Round 1
Attack-bite (non-lethal): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 4 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Attack-claw (non-lethal): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 4 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Attack-claw (non-lethal): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 4 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Cуровую зиму wrote:
S T E A L T H

It's good to see my advice was heeded once again.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Edim and Xen thanks for keeping the boat steady, I'm about to be forced out of it by the panic, Xen do you want to come with me and rain fire from above? But that would endanger Edmin who will have to solo keeping the boat afloat. I really hate getting taken out of the fight like this guys, sorry for my crappy rolls. I was hoping the Inspire Courage would have done the trick.


Okay, on the surprise round Morsum hits once and inflicts 9 points of nonlethal damage. Let's roll Deaf Olaf's initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 10 Since Morsum won, he goes first. He hits twice more for another 10 points of damage.

Olaf has less than 19 hit points, so down he goes.


Did anyone hear? The sleeping guys do get Perception rolls. Officially, "hear the sound of battle" is base DC -10, but this was hardly the clash of sword on armor, so I'll say the base DC is 5. "Creature making the check is asleep" is +10, and another +1 for distance (10-20 feet). So, DC 16.

1d20 ⇒ 5

1d20 ⇒ 13


Okay, so Morsum is standing over the unconscious sailor, in front of the locked door of the Captain's cabin. Now what?


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Dren slinks up to the door in stealth mode and whispers. Morsum, try the door, it may be trapped.

Shadow armor up, halfling sized.
stealth 1d20 + 7 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 31


Male Eidolon Disconcerting Shadowy Monstrosity HP: 9/53; AC23(27 w/Mage Armor; 31 w/MA& Shield),T12,FF20; F+6,R+3,W+4/+8; Per+9; Init+2)

Morsum turns and smiles his red toothed smile at Dren:

Using his grating voice, Morsum quietly speaks to Dren: My master wishes to know what is behind this door, let us see. Can you detect magical auras?

Morsum carefully checks the door to determine whether it is in some manner trapped.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 <-- I previously rolled a Perception of 22 for Morsum in Post 5807, not sure whether it is still applicable.

If there is is nothing detected (and with that door, not much could be detected), Morsum will attempt to open the door.

Cy - I wanted to use Stealth, but from what DMDM indicated, it was impossible to get through the door without eliminating Deaf Olaf from the equation. Thus, Morsum decided to reduce the chance of being seen.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

So, Captain. Did you bring along your shiny new trident for hunting?

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Assuming that roll makes it...
The tiefling jerks around and looks toward the other boat, shading his eyes with one hand. The..hell..Captain! Turn the boat around, some of our companions seem to have found something less amusing than seal to hunt. But perhaps the bones of whatever those are will be worth something, eh?

If close enough to roll a knowledge check.. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Arcane. If he knows what they are and that they aren't worth anything--Bluff to get greedy McGreedison to turn around. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


The door does not appear to be trapped. It is, however, still locked.

Quote:
But just for the record, the only locked door on the ship (that you've seen) is on the door to his cabin. So if you ever want to get in there, you'll need some way through that.

-- back in post 5619. I don't think either of you have Disable Device, so you can't pick the lock. You can try bashing it down, but that's definitely going to make enough noise to awaken the sleepers (and possibly bring sailors down from above, as well).


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

maybe nimpy can


Male Eidolon Disconcerting Shadowy Monstrosity HP: 9/53; AC23(27 w/Mage Armor; 31 w/MA& Shield),T12,FF20; F+6,R+3,W+4/+8; Per+9; Init+2)

On instruction from the Judge, Morsum turns to Dren and then points to the halfling in the box.

Maybe he help?


Jax, your Perception check wasn't high enough. So you guys are starting to move on Round One.

Knowledge Arcana, hey-oh! A natural 20! And it is, in fact, a magical beast. So, you read about these guys in a book on magical beasts. Under the chapter on dangerous things in the water...

Jax only:

Bunyip

XP 800
N Medium magical beast (aquatic)
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, keen scent 180 ft.; Perception +8

DEFENSE

AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+3 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 32 (5d10+5)
Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +1

OFFENSE

Speed 10 ft., swim 50 ft.
Melee bite +7 (1d8+1/19–20 plus bleed)
Special Attacks bleed (1d6), blood frenzy, roar

STATISTICS

Str 13, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 2, Wis 11, Cha 7
Base Atk +5; CMB +6; CMD 19
Feats Improved Critical (bite)B, Skill Focus (Perception), Skill Focus (Stealth), Weapon Focus (bite)
Skills Escape Artist +5, Perception +8, Stealth +10, Swim +9; Racial Modifiers +8 Swim
SQ amphibious

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Blood Rage (Ex)

A bunyip’s blood rage ability activates whenever it detects blood in the water using its keen scent, but otherwise functions as the universal monster rule of the same name.
Roar (Su)

A bunyip’s roar is supernaturally loud and horrifying. When a bunyip roars (a standard action the creature can perform at will), all hearing creatures with 4 or fewer HD within a 100-foot spread must succeed on a DC 13 Will save or become panicked for 2d4 rounds. Whether or not the save is successful, creatures in the area are immune to the roar of that bunyip for 24 hours. This is a sonic, mind-affecting fear effect. The save DC is Constitution-based.

ECOLOGY

Environment any aquatic
Organization solitary or pair
Treasure none

The bunyip is a fierce and avid hunter, possessing a primal ruthlessness that seems almost evil in its rapacity. A bunyip typically inhabits large freshwater inlets or sheltered coastal sea caves where food is plentiful — the bunyip is equally at home in fresh or salt water. It prefers feeding on animals of Small size or larger, though it isn’t averse to eating humanoids when presented the opportunity. Bunyips are quite territorial, and readily attack when intruders threaten their hunting grounds.

Bunyips mate annually, during the late spring. During this period, bunyips become even more aggressive...

Reports of bunyip sightings come from every end of the map. Though the accuracy of all such reports remains doubtful, enough reliable accounts exist to confirm their widespread adaptability. The species thrives in numerous ecological climes, from frigid polar fjords to idyllic tropical lagoons. The bunyip is not a deep-sea creature, and even avoids larger freshwater lakes, as it prefers to lurk near shorelines where its favorite food is more common.

While bunyips vary in appearance, all possess similar basic physical structures. The bunyip's head exhibits strong seal-like features, save for its shark-like jaws. Its upper torso is thick and muscular, with long, fin-like limbs. Some species even have a single, shark-like dorsal fin. The remaining portion of the body extends into a long tail. Those with fur usually only grow a short coat on the upper body in shades of pale gray, brown, or black.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/bunyip

-- At this range, you know what the creature is. You can't tell if it's been modified in any way (i.e., by the addition of a template).


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Jax looks about the small boat and frowns. Any chance you have some ear plugs, Captain? They have a nasty howl.

Is there any wax or similar on the tiny boat? Note to self, melt a candle into some earplugs on board the ship later.

Appriase: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 to see if the hides are worth anything :D

5,851 to 5,900 of 12,164 << first < prev | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.