Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


6,001 to 6,050 of 12,164 << first < prev | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | next > last >>

M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Thankyou for the TL;DR, went back to look up that post. I'm sorry I must have missed it!!


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

I will try to disrupt the creatures next attack.


Xenfal wrote:
handy haversack i have everything also it is magical and you cant open it

I'd say that clinches it.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

but did you see my earlier post? I dont think that is far fetched.


Xen strikes me as the kind of guy who would put it all in the haversack (and keep the haversack close).


"No useful spells? Well, I'm willing to try again, if you can find me tools." Nimpy looks down at the unconscious Deaf Olaf. "Tempting... but no. It is the Captain who is the first and great evil here." The halfling looks up at Dren. "How are you planning to deal with him? You know he cannot be killed on water, yes?"


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Let's check Olaf, maybe he has a set.
No we did not know that. Has he the ability to regenerate on water or is it something else? We haven't quite been able to find out what the "captain" really is.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Yes he is, unless we had discussed our plan. In which case he would have left them with Judge. All good if you rule that no that did no happen, but please let me know that is the decision. I have made this post 3 times now, and it keeps getting missed. It is 100% logical to me that that could have happened. I did not specify that it did. Had we been all at a table then it would have come up, but as it is PbP it did not. Not trying to be a jerk about it...


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Agreed, we were discussing this before the seal hunt in the OOC, but never really finalized a plan before the sealing thread began. I believe that DMDM had mentioned that the door was locked quite some time ago. If we had been at a table, probably Dren or I would be on the boat instead of Xen, so that Xen could be picking the lock. Knowing that the halfling was friendly toward us, and assuming we had asked him, which with eight days, is not unrealistic, I would have probably requested that Xen leave his picks for us to try to get through the door while the captain was clubbing seals.

Unfortunately, because of the flow of pbp, combined with me being extremely busy with RL for the past few weeks, I never specifically made this request IC.


Dren of the Dark Tapestry wrote:
Let's check Olaf, maybe he has a set.

No.

Quote:
[b]No we did not know that. Has he the ability to regenerate on water or is it something else? We haven't quite been able to find out what the "captain" really is.

The halfling looks grim. "Oh, he's human enough. But he made a deal." He pauses. "Listen, my friend, you know I'm ready and willing to help. But I need to know what your intentions are. Do you simply want to flee this hell-ship as soon as possible?"


The thing is, the seal hunt came up at pretty short notice -- the Captain announced it just an hour or so in advance. So I'm going to rule, no, there wasn't time (or it didn't occur to people) to hand over the tools.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

For now all you need to know for now is that our causes are aligned. We both want to be rid of the captain and we might find some clues on how to defeat him in his cabin. Helping us is your best chance to getting off this ship!


Meanwhile, it's a new round!

Round 6. Jax and the Captain are now 200' away. Bleed damage: None this round.

Zimu goes first in the round; she's holding her initiative to attack Killiketz in case the creature casts again. Unfortunately, Killiketz is not casting this round...


The creature drops to 30' above you, and breathes out a cloud of icy vapor.

Poor Killiketz can't remember if we're playing 3.x -- in which an area attack would destroy all Mirror Images -- or Pathfinder, in which it won't. Alas for the Squire to Lord Graupel, we're playing Pathfinder. Personally I liked the 3.x rule better; I think Mirror Image is a wee bit overpowered now. But there it is. So, Zimu will still have four images left. On the plus side, she'll need to make a DC 15 Reflex save.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Wouldn't an attack trigger my ready crossbow, I was just waiting for it to attack or act, be it spell or breath or claw? I thought when you ready, you just ready to go right before the other individual acts.

In case it's needed Ref save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

If Bref were around he would definitely be on the ship because a small row bout would drive him batty.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

there is still one seal alive right?


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Yes

DM I don't know if I get to go with crossbow, I hope I do! But before this little ice monkey goes flying off he will get a Scorching Ray pie to the face.

1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

I will be dropping rallying cry after edmins attack and starting inspire courage, so keep that in mind zimu, it will effect your scorching ray to hit roll


Your crossbow bolt hit it; roll damage. Next round you will go first before everyone, and can try zapping it with a scorching ray.

You only take 2 points of damage from the breath attack. (Failed save would have been 5 points and sickened.)


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

i am just waiting on the seal


Okay, here it comes: attacking Sir Edmin, still enraged but no longer flanking. 1d20 ⇒ 6


bother. Okay, Edmin and Xen are up.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Xen ceases rallying cry and starts inspire courage. It effects all who an see Xen


In that case, it would cover Jax and the Captain as well, since they're now a mere 200' away. -- Okay, that leaves Sir Edmin.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d12 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 1 = 22


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:

Your crossbow bolt hit it; roll damage. Next round you will go first before everyone, and can try zapping it with a scorching ray.

You only take 2 points of damage from the breath attack. (Failed save would have been 5 points and sickened.)

I appreciate the clarification with the actions DM. With regards to the creature's attack was that cold damage?


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Edmin your to hit chance should be affected by Xen's Inspire Courage.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

looks like he added it. Edmin just cant roll for CRAP!


Yeah, bad rolling.

Zimu, yes, cold damage. Go ahead and roll your crossbow damage.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

As scion of the Eternal Hag and progeny of Bitter Winters, I would be remiss if a little cold would do more than invigorate me. I have cold resistance 5, I may not know what that ice creature is, but it certainly has not done it's homework on me.

light crossbow damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Fair enough!

Of course, turnabout is fair play: Killiketz has DR 5. So only two points of damage get through. Your crossbow bolt barely penetrates its icy outer crust.

Killiketz grins at you facelessly, its mouth a blue cavern of icicles.


Round 7. Jax and the Captain are now 160' away. Bleed damage: None this round.

Zimu goes first in the round, followed by Killiketz and the remaining sea creature. Zimu?


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

I re rolled the to hit, and will re roll the damage.

Cуровую зиму wrote:

Next Round or current round if the ice creature is 40 ft away.

DM Cуровую will Bluff to pretend she has not seen the ice creature descend from it's watching point, once it is within 40 feet she will hit it with Scorching Ray

Bluff d20 +10

Attack ranged touch 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20

Damage 4d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4, 5, 4, 1) + 2 + 1 = 17

Cуровую зиму wrote:

Yes

DM I don't know if I get to go with crossbow, I hope I do! But before this little ice monkey goes flying off he will get a Scorching Ray pie to the face.

1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21

with +1 for Inspire Courage for 22.

damage 4d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1, 5, 3, 5) + 2 + 1 = 17

edit - the damage was actually the same.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

you do not get IC to spell DAMAGE rolls only to hit


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

I thought rays got would get this bonus applied.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

specifically says weapon damage. Up to dm I spose.


That's weird, but it's the RAW. So, +1 to hit and not to damage.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Took me 20 minutes to find this - but here is the source, I found.

rules FAQ

Spoiler:
Do rays count as weapons for the purpose of spells and effects that affect weapons?

Yes. (See also this FAQ item for a similar question about rays and weapon feats.)

For example, a bard's inspire courage ability says it affects "weapon damage rolls," which is worded that way so <you> don't try to add the bonus to a spell like fireball. However, rays are treated as weapons, whether they're from spells, a monster ability, a class ability, or some other source, so the inspire courage bonus applies to ray attack rolls and ray damage rolls.

The same rule applies to weapon-like spells such as flame blade, mage's sword, and spiritual weapon--effects that affect weapons work on these spells.

[Source]


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

yay! glad to know that.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Xen skillz earning his pay by the minute!


Aha! Well, okay then.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

In finance we look for patterns in numbers, it interesting to me that the Judge, Dren, Jax, Xen, and Cуровую the same hit points, and now that Edmin and I have taken wounds in this fight, he and I share the same health.

Spoiler:
so this may be jumping the gun but how about roll for future health at leveling
1d6 ⇒ 6

Edit - :D


The ray strikes Killiketz... and there's a FWOOSH of steam. A spray of hot water drenches Zimu -- her target's icy flesh, melted off its body by the magical flame. Killiketz lets out a grating shriek of agony.

He has the Cold subtype, so he takes an extra 50% -- total 25 points of damage.


Killiketz' turn: he turns away and flaps straight upwards, gaining altitude as fast as he can. His flight is erratic and wobbly; you can see where you've melted a large part of his torso away, and either the pain or the lost mass has thrown him off balance. He goes 80' up, so he's now 95' above Zimu and 100' above the boat. That's all his action for this round.


The surviving seal-shark thing attacks Sir Edmin again: 1d20 ⇒ 16 There we go. Sir Edmin, take 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 points of damage, and you'll take another d6 of bleed at the beginning of your turn.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
The ray strikes Killiketz... and there's a FWOOSH of steam. A spray of hot water drenches Zimu -- her target's icy flesh, melted off its body by the magical flame. Killiketz lets out a grating shriek of agony.

Obviously not in character, Squeeee!


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Cуровую зиму wrote:
Cуровую will go 10 feet closer to the ice creature so that there are no range penalties.
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
The creature drops to 30' above you, and breathes out a cloud of icy vapor.
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
He goes 80' up, so he's now 95' above Zimu and 100' above the boat. That's all his action for this round.

Just checking DM, I can actually only visualize this because I drew stick figures of the fight, I have no art skills. Cуровую was 15 feet above the boat after rising to get in crossbow range. The ice creature drops 30 feet close to me to breath placing him 45 feet above the boat and within the 40 feet I need to strike him with Ray, does the ice creature go 80 feet straight up?


Whoops, I thought you were just 5' above the boat. He was 15' above you. So now he's 95' above you (straight up) and 120' above the boat.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Cy - levitate only lets you go up 20'/round. I would say launch 2 magic missiles at the ice devil before any fast healing kicks in. You really hurt it last round, maybe 2d4+2+1 will be enough to take it down. And the auto-hit with MM is good considering the distance.

6,001 to 6,050 of 12,164 << first < prev | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.