Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


5,951 to 6,000 of 12,164 << first < prev | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | next > last >>

M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 rallying cry continues

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 to confirm 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

does not confirm 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3 of damage


He turns back to the door. "But we were speaking of this door, and the inconvenient lock that our beloved Captain has placed upon it. I am no thief, but one picks up a skill or two here and there. I have no tools, but I see that my dear friend Olaf has been busy." He picks up the bit of ivory scrimshaw that Olag was whittling. "Give me a moment and I'll shave an ivory needle off of this..."


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
Edmin and Zimu, can you track damage on your character sheets?

I have DM. Quick but important question, my Bluff was 21, at the distance of 120 feet, does the ice creature have any penalties to it's sense motive. For my last round did my light crossbow hit with a 23?

Xen can you heal either Edmin or I this round?

heal check if Xen does not heal me 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

if Xen heals me then attack with light crossbow 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17

damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

I can't heal you from 20 feet. I will get edmin next rd. Already posted an attack.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

I moved five feet above you last round you could reach up. Mind the skirt!

Also DM Perception to see what the ice creature is trying to do 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

o missed that. Either way it eill be next rd. I'd heal yourself and let me get edmin next round

perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Xenfal looks up at Zimu.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Indeed Nimpy, but this creature is not "mine". It is allied with our group, let's see what lies beyond.

Darkness guide him...
Cast Guidance on Nimpy to help, +1 bonus to his check.


Male Eidolon Disconcerting Shadowy Monstrosity HP: 9/53; AC23(27 w/Mage Armor; 31 w/MA& Shield),T12,FF20; F+6,R+3,W+4/+8; Per+9; Init+2)

Morsum moves over next to Dren and attempts to act in the most unfrightening manner he can.

Although untrained, he attempts to assist Nimpy unlock the door.

Aid Another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 vs DC10 I think


You can't aid on skills that require training in order to make an attempt.


Zimu, since Xen didn't heal you this round, I'll assume that your Round 4 action is to heal yourself. You cut a strip off the bottom of your skirt, hike up your tunic and quickly wrap a makeshift bandage around the deep slash.


Your light crossbow did hit, presumably on the injured creature. They are raging (the blood in the water has driven them into a frenzy) which gives them more hit points.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Edmin if your in a bad situation I can take a five foot step to lower myself and come alongside of you to draw some of the combat. Hopefully they hit an Image and not me.

Also DM Perception to see what the ice creature is trying to do 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 (if Spellcraft is needed it would be 17 + 11 = 28)


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Power Attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

"Damn these things! I feel a little woozy!"

Down to 10HP, wont last another round with the two bleeding wounds.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

healing coming. DMDM if Edmin goes before me in the initiative order, I would respond to his call for healing. If I go before him it would be next round that I heal him. I did not realize he was so low.

concentration 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 4 = 22 CASTS CLW Defensively 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Nimpy fiddles with the lock, muttering softly under his breath.

1d20 ⇒ 8


He shakes his head. "I'm sorry, gentlemen. It seems Captain Odenkirk does not entirely trust his crew! He has invested some of his precious gold on an obnoxiously good lock for his cabin door." Nimpy rubs his chin thoughtfully. "I hate to leave it at that... Do any of your friends have any magic that might be helpful here?"


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

IF they had told me that they panned to break in then Xen would have left his MW thieves tools with the judge.


Guys, can you try to keep track of your inits in a combat? Because otherwise I have to keep looking two or three pages back.

Edmin's attack finishes off the injured creature! The uninjured one lets out an insane shriek of pure hatred.

Let's see: Edmin and Xen attacked, and Zimu used the Heal skill to stop the bleeding. So, on to Round Five!


Round 5. Jax and the Captain are now 240' away.

Bleed damage: Sir Edmin, take an additional 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6 points. Zimu, you stopped the bleeding, so you're fine.

The remaining creature is going to make a Bull Rush attempt on Sir Edmin -- it's coming right over the side of the boat, trying to slam him into the water. That gives Sir Edmin an AoO. Edmin, since it's a new round, you get to choose whether you're still using Power Attack.


While we're waiting for Sir Edmin's AoO: Killiketz drops to 70' above Zimu. He sweeps out an arcane gesture with one arm. [rolls offscreen] Zimu, something invisible hits you, hard. You take 9 points of damage.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

AoO Attack:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Darn, made it. That means its Bull Rush attempt won't succeed except on a 20. 1d20 ⇒ 17


Sir Edmin's axe hits the creature in the face, breaking its ruch. It screams in frustration and hatred.

Okay, Team Evil can act now. I think Xen cast CLW defensively, so Sir Edmin gets 4 points of damage back. Edmin and Zimu can now act; Edmin, you get your normal, non-AoO attack.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Yes stabbed last round for 3 pts of damage and healed this round


Male Eidolon Disconcerting Shadowy Monstrosity HP: 9/53; AC23(27 w/Mage Armor; 31 w/MA& Shield),T12,FF20; F+6,R+3,W+4/+8; Per+9; Init+2)

On the Judge's advice, the shadowy Morsum speaks:
If it were greased, would the lock open more easily?

If the halfling answers yes, the Judge will step one or two steps down so that he can see the locked door, and will cast Grease. He will then return to the deck.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
While we're waiting for Sir Edmin's AoO: Killiketz drops to 70' above Zimu. He sweeps out an arcane gesture with one arm. [rolls offscreen] Zimu, something invisible hits you, hard. You take 9 points of damage.

-

DM he bypassed all my Mirror Images? What did I get with my Perception or Spellcraft? Also Jax made a Knowledge roll to try to identify this bastard.

Quote:
Also DM Perception to see what the ice creature is trying to do 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 (if Spellcraft is needed it would be 17 + 11 = 28)

Guys at this range I have little I can throw at this guy save Magic Missile and because of the bleed my health is too low to trade blows with him. I thought my Mirror Images would keep me in the fight but if he can bypass that I have very limited options. Xen, Jax can you guys disrupt his spell casting with crossbow fire?


Whoops, forgot you had Mirror Image up! My bad. Okay, he hits you on a 1 1d6 ⇒ 3.

One of Zimu's images disappears with a crack and a pop -- no damage.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Edmin attempts to press the attack on the sharp toothed creature.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Damage: 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Sorry at work trying to post, DM, Xen and Jax please read quote. And Edmin needs healing!

Cуровую зиму wrote:

DM he bypassed all my Mirror Images? What did I get with my Perception or Spellcraft? Also Jax made a Knowledge roll to try to identify this bastard.

Quote:
Also DM Perception to see what the ice creature is trying to do 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 (if Spellcraft is needed it would be 17 + 11 = 28)
Xen, Jax can you guys disrupt his spell casting with crossbow fire?


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

gotta kill these first. My healing it limited, so once we kill them i can stop the bleeding. also draw him closer


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Xen I see you logic but if Edmin takes another set of bleeds he will go down for the count. If I could heal him I would but we need to keep him from alive.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

he is not bleeding i just healed him


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

if he bleeds again I will heal him, but I can't waste one of my last two, because if i bleed then i will be dead, or if he bleeds agian he will be dead


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

That was earlier when posting from work (club) on OLD PC I could not scroll through the postings, did not realize you had.

Xenfal MVP of the seal hunt!


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Cуровую will go 10 feet closer to the ice creature so that there are no range penalties.

Cуровую will ready an attack and try to disrupt the creature's next action. If with Spellcraft I can determine his abilities are not disruptable I will not hold my action and fire as soon as possible.

Light Crossbow 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 23

She will try to shout out to Jax while pointing to the frosty assailant
'Does my new friend dislike fire? I may want to send him some spicy discouragement.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Hopefully that ready action hit, Edmin and I are looking a little worked on.

Edmin I was re reading the above, you actually get back 6 points of damage back not 4.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

nice sent from the club and we are on a seal hunt. Well played pun there!


It's funny that Bref is only with us as a bomb but still has more in post count than most players.

I actually like the story shift from the seal hunt to the captain's cabin back and forth, seems more story like.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

DM, Jax got a 22 earlier to identify the flying one. Was that enough to notice any weaknesses?

Heck if I know, woman! I can barely see the thing from here!

Jax is still 3 or more range increments away, doubtful that he can hit with a -6 to -8 to hit (meaning +0 or -2 total). If it closes to melee combat, he also has no precise shot.

Can't this dinghy move any faster, captain?


Morsum wrote:

On the Judge's advice, the shadowy Morsum speaks:

If it were greased, would the lock open more easily?

An intriguing notion, but probably not the way to bet. 1d100 ⇒ 98


"Alas, no. Do any of your friends have magic for unlocking doors? Or better tools?"


Zimu, Spellcraft: he hit you with a Magic Missile. 9 points of damage could mean two, three or four missiles, so caster equivalent somewhere between 3rd and 8th level.

Preparing an action to strike if he casts: you can do that. However, since his initiative is better than yours, you'd have to give up your action this round.


Cуровую зиму wrote:

She will try to shout out to Jax while pointing to the frosty assailant
'Does my new friend dislike fire? I may want to send him some spicy discouragement.

One, Jax is still over 200' away. And two, you have no way to know that he knows about Killiketz.


Jax Naismith wrote:
DM, Jax got a 22 earlier to identify the flying one. Was that enough to notice any weaknesses?

Go back and look under the spoiler tag I gave you after your successful knowledge check. Here's a TLDR:

Jax only!:

Immunity to cold, and also it has fast healing in a cold environment. Combined with DR 5, this makes it a PITA to kill; nobody but you or Sir Edmin will be able to take it down in melee. But it has vulnerability to fire -- fire attacks do 50% more damage.

Quote:


Can't this dinghy move any faster, captain?

"Yes, if I throw you overboard. Be silent."


Callipygous wrote:


I actually like the story shift from the seal hunt to the captain's cabin back and forth, seems more story like.

It also encourages you to split the party, which is always good.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

This leads to the - "what would be logical to do". Would Xen have left his tools knowing that he was going hunting for seals?

The Judge speaks with Morsum: Check Xen's equipment. I think he has tools for opening locks.

Morsum then speaks to Dren: Look for Xen's equipment. He might have lock picks.


Xen's tools are small; I'd expect him to be carrying them at all times, unless he says otherwise.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

yes the tolls are always on me...I mentioned before that [i[if[/i] Xen knew that this was part of the plan then he would have left the tools with Judge. I never said that, but it is a logical thing. I leave it to your judgement. How about a 30% chance they were left? 1d100 ⇒ 6

EDIT oh now you have to give us that!!


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

I was looking at the "thieves tools are small" vs. "why the heck would someone carry anything of value on a small dingy while hunting seals". Figured that there would be no reason for picks, and similar "adventuring" gear - torches, rations, backpack, etc.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

handy haversack i have everything also it is magical and you cant open it

5,951 to 6,000 of 12,164 << first < prev | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.