DM RichD's Serpent's Skull: Book 1-Soul's For Smuggler's Shiv (Closed Recruitment)

Game Master Briccone

Serpent's Skull Book 1: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
Part 1: Shipwrecked On The Shiv

The PC's thought they were on their way to Eleder to begin new lives only to awaken on an island!


1 to 50 of 1,653 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Gameplay thread for DM RichD's Serpent's Skull: Book 1-Soul's For Smuggler's Shiv (Closed Recruitment)


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

The Sargavan merchant vessel Jenivere is one of many that make the yearly voyage along the western coasts of Avistan and northern Garund. Its trade route runs from the Sargavan capital city of Eleder all the way up to Magnimar in Varisia, and then back south again. The trip is 3,400 miles long and takes just over a hundred days one way.

Yet despite its length and sometimes dangerous peril, it is also a trip filled with opportunity for profit. The Jenivere’s ports of call include (from north to south) Magnimar, Kintargo, Pezzack, Corentyn, Ilizmagorti, Ollo, Quent, Port Peril, Bloodcove, Senghor, and finally Eleder—it was at one of these cities that you boarded the ship.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

The air of a port city, any port city, is bustling with activity. No more so when a vessel arrives in port. Waifs run in all directions announcing the approaching ship's name. vendors of legal trade open their shops and taverns and begin humming happy tunes. Vendors of illegal trade including women of the evening and card-sharks also make ready. For no one departs with their money fast enough as a newly paid sailor on land!

This morning was no different as the waiffs raced through the city shouting The Jenivere is in port! The Jenivere is in port!


Male N Catfolk unchained rogue 2 (Knife Master, Scout) | HP: 15/18 | AC: 16 (14 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: 1, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: 0, Sur: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

The Shackles
Munkustrap twirled the bade deftly across his knuckles, betwixt his pointer claw and index claw in a tight spin, and almost faster than in the blink of an eye into his sleeve. He placed his muddied boots on the table and leaned back in his rickety chair. "Of course its dangerous. Since when did you become such a sissy?" he taunted the bulky man squatting forward in his chair, elbows steepled on the table. The larger man moved his hands towards the grime covered table, placed both palms down, and pushed himself up and the chair back in one smooth motion.

'Listen, puss, I ain't no sissy, and I ain't no fool. You wants to steal from Rackham, you go on right ahead and dos that. I'm out."

Tipping his chair back to the rotting wooden planked floor covered in a layer of booze and grime, Munkustrap held up a hand. "Hold on a minute. Just sit your wide butt back down. You didn't hear all the plan. See its fool proof, which is why I need you. All you have to do is break the door down. And then real quickly like, I scamper in." Munkustrap balls his paw into a fist and sprays two fingers pointed down. He motions with the fingers in an alternating stride as his paw walks across the table. "You sit outside, and then when I come out, I hand you one bag, I take the other, and we go our separate ways. I've never seen you." he places his paw upon his chest, "And you've never seen me." Munkustrap waves at the bulky man.

"And how do I know you split the loot right?" the man squinted at the cat-folk.

Scrunching up his face in astonishment, "What me? Cheat a partner? Why I never! Of all the hurtful insults slung my way, of all the disparaging comments levied at my character. Libel! I cry good sir. Libel!" Munkustrap hung his head in mock sadness.

"Ok, ok. No need to get all weepy. I just you know, gotta know, that well, when we gonna do this, I gotta get what's mine." Sitting back down, the man looked at Munkustrap. "So when you want to do it?"

Munkustrap smiled inwardly "Got him!'. "Well, I am not sure about you, but I am, how shall I put this? Strapped for cash." the rogue chuckled at his pun on his name which sailed high over the man's head. "What better time than now?"

The Shackles - later that day, Star Ferry Pier, Warehouse 4
Munkustrap slunk stealthily around the corner of the warehouse - narry a person in sight. Without looking behind him, he motioned to his accomplish who sauntered up anything but stealthily. Reaching the door, Munkustrap pantomimes lowering his shoulder, rushing forward, and smashing into the door.

The man slaps his chest a few times, cracks his knuckles, takes a few steps back, then ambles forward as quickly as his bulk will allow. Dipping his right shoulder down, he slammed into the door. The door creaked on its hinges, and the man staggered back a pace or two. Anger welled up in the man as the door resolutely remained closed. He repeated the process two more times. On the third try the door cracked along the hinges and splintered inward. His momentum carried him across the threshold. The man blinked in the darkness of the warehouse before turning backward. "Munkustrap . Come on." he called softly. He waited a breath or two before exiting the warehouse to the pier. "Munkustrap, where are ya?" He called again. He man looked around not finding the young cat-folk. "Where'd he go?" he mused. He started to walk back the way he came, searching the pier for any sign of his partner. He walked back to the door he just smashed, again looking around. Still no sight of Munkustrap. Finally he decided to look up, and saw an open window. Wonder if it was open the whole time? he thought as men rushed towards him from either side. Setting his feet on the pier, he punched out at the nearest attacker as he was suddenly swarmed by dock workers. Holding his one for a few moments, the barroom brawler could not continuously defend himself from the multitude of attackers. Badly beaten, tied up like a name day present, his head lolled to the side as blood dripped from his ruined nose.

High above the fracas, Munkustrap leapt from the rooftop of the warehouse to the adjacent rooftop with a full sack slung on his back. He giggled to himself as he raced towards the nearest docked passenger vessel. Barely breaking stride to peer at the name, he rushed up the gangplank and into a man that looked very captain like to Munkustrap. "Ahoy, captain. Munkustrap ready to pay for passage. Were we headed and can we leave right now? A bit extra if we pretend I am not here until we are well out to sea." he dropped the overly heavy sack to the deck.

'Jenivere' sounds like a nice name' Munkustrap thought to himself.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

The captain is speaking to his first mate when this catfolk marches himself on to the ship-his ship. Lookee at this Alton! He is surprised when the intruder heads right to him.

Shall me an' some of the boys give him a bath, Cap? The first mate asks.

Let's see what he wants first. He perked me interest! Besides, ye knows what happens when ye give a cat a bath!

After hearing the catfolk's demands, the good Captain Alizandru Kovack stares hard at the potential passenger. He runs his fingers through his rough, tangled beard. Whattye think Alton? I thinks this one here is on the lam!

Alton half-chuckles, half-coughs. Sure sounds like it ta me, Cap. 'specially if there be somethin' in that sack that shouldn't be.

Why Alton I do believe ye are correct! That will cost ye extra in addition to the extra for us not knowin' ye.

The grizzled captain holds out his calloused hand. Next stop is Bloodcove. Payment in advance if ye please.

After the Captain counts and double counts the coin, he instructs Alton to show the passenger to his quarters.

Gods! I hate the Shackles! he mumbles to himself.


Male N Catfolk unchained rogue 2 (Knife Master, Scout) | HP: 15/18 | AC: 16 (14 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: 1, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: 0, Sur: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

A bath? Do I smell? Why would they want to give me a bath, these men that smell like armpits and weeks old cheese? As Munkustrap listens to the men of the sea talk about him like he wasn't there, he felt his anger rise as he finally figured out what they were talking about.

Alton. Hmmmmm. I will remember that name. "Why yes, good sirs I am on the lamb. Payment in advance is no problem, peeking into my sack is. Bloodcove you say? Sounds wonderful to me. Any chance you might make it as far as Port Freedom?" Munkustrap inquires nonchalantly as he hands over payment. "And I want a superior cabin, one that has a view and all that." he demanded hoping that rooms actually had a view.


Female Human Witch 2 HP: 17/17 AC: 12/12/10 Saves: 3/2/3 perc: +0 Init +6. hex save DC 15

dot


Female Human Witch 2 HP: 17/17 AC: 12/12/10 Saves: 3/2/3 perc: +0 Init +6. hex save DC 15

Bored, bored, bored... thought Neltji tiredly. I want adventure and excitement. For anyone else, living in the Shackles would be excitement enough. Yet it seemed to Neltji that every day was the same. With her father gone sailing with another crew and her mother at home with her 3 brothers and sisters it was up to Neltji to make money for the family. Every day she would take her pot (cauldron) full of cooked clams, scallops, and shrimp around the town and sell them to dock workers, sailors, or anyone that had some money to spare. Once the pot was empty she would then head down to the shore to collect more to sell the next day.

Whistfully she would look at the ships at the docks or in the bay and dream of leaving. She didn't know where she wanted to go exactly as long as she was gone from here. It wasn't that she hated her family. She loved them dearly but she wanted more out of her life.

Returning home that night she was in for quite a surprise. Her father had returned earlier that day. 3 days earlier than expected. Pleased at seeing him she ran over giving him a big hug. Father, you back! Please do you have any stories for me of your trip? Any fantastic animals seen in the ocean or strange sights while in port?

Chuckling as the impulsive teenager Brandon shook his head no. Nothing exotic this time. However I have news for you. Your mother and I have been talking for a while now and the time has come for you to head out on your own and live your own life. If you want we will purchase a ticket on a ship named the Janivere. It is at the dock now and is on a trading voyage. It won't be scheduled to be back here for some time. It should give you a chance to see the world a bit and still give your mom and I some security in knowing that the Janivere is a respected and safe vessel. You will have to work on the ship and learn but I have faith you will do well.

Not giving an answer Neltji jumps into her fathers arms giving him the largest hug she could. She breaks free and goes to her mother almost breaking down in tears. Thank you so very much mum. I will come back. Thank you thank you!

In the morning Neltji and her father Brandon went to the dock to find the ship. a little timid she stands there with her few belongings that her father purchased for her from his recent payment. Taking a big breathe she steps onthe gang plank and moves slowly along looking at everything as if for the first time. Finding one of the sailors working she asks, Pardon me but where can I find the captain? I was told to meet with him?


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

First Mate Alton is chuckling after showing the cat thingy to the 'superior' quarters. There were only two passenger cabins - one for the men and one for the women and neither had a view. Superior quarters! he mumbles to himself with a chuckle and almost ran into the waif standing before him asking where to find the captain.

Sell yer wares elsewhere, Missy! There ain't a thing that ye can sell the captain that he can't go out and buy on his own!


Female Human Witch 2 HP: 17/17 AC: 12/12/10 Saves: 3/2/3 perc: +0 Init +6. hex save DC 15

Sell my wares?!? By no such means. Neltji shouts offended. My father Brandon LeCrosse made arrangements for me.. Stomping her foot she continues on more assertively, NOw where can I find the captain?. Clearly the affront to her has made her come out of shell. In addition it easily seen that a scorpion has crawled out of her pocket and is perched upon her shoulder, its tail raised up threateningly.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Well aren't ye a jumping dolphin! Alton responds with a chuckle. What's with the bug?

Ye want the captain? He's over thar. Alton says motioning to Captain Kovack.

As Nelji approaches the captain, he says And who might ye be and why yer on my ship?


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

As Munkustrap enters the smelly, damp quarters, he sees several hammocks hanging from the walls. In one is a nattily dressed gnome. Well, Well what do we have here? I can see from the look of shock on your face that these were not the quarters you were expecting. Trust me I am used to traveling in a much finer fashion, much finer than even you are accustomed to. I believe the hammock above me is available, unless you shed, then it is not.


Male N Catfolk unchained rogue 2 (Knife Master, Scout) | HP: 15/18 | AC: 16 (14 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: 1, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: 0, Sur: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Lounging on a stack of ropes, Munkustrap picks his teeth with a sharpened bone. He enjoys the scuttle of the ship, more-so because he is doing nothing to help. Anytime that he see Alton, his ears go back as he silently observes how he interacts with the rest of the crew, what tasks he is assigned to, and what his routines are.

It is a long voyage, and I am a patient man. You will get what is coming to you, Alton. Of that I promise.

One eye closed, half asleep, Munkustrap is jolted into full alertness by the young human girl walking aboard. What is she[/i] doing on a ship like this? These ingrates will chew her up and spit her out.[/i]

As she speaks with Alton, and then the captain, Munkustrap makes his way over to eavesdrop. "Your father made arrangements for you to be here? Brave man, and even braver girl. Munkustrap is the name, and anything I can do to help, you let me know. Come, I believe Master Alton is taking me to my superior quarters. I am sure that is the stuff of wonders."

-------

Upon entering the sparse cabin, Munkustrap is unsurprisingly disappointing. I knew this would be a terrible. At least it is better than a Shackle's jail.

"We hello Gelick is it not? Head the crew talking about you. And no, I do not shed. Hypoallergenic fur, don't you know." Munkustrap drops his sack of pilfered goods. "My stuff." he stares at the gnome and the little girl. "Grubby hands off, if you want to keep them." he brandishes a dagger from his sleeve, spins it almost faster than the eye can follow, before hiding it in the opposite sleeve. "But we won't have any problems, I am sure. So tell me a bit about yourselves, either of you. I am so very interested." Munkustrap speaks as he lithely vaults into the top hammock before laying back and closing his eyes.


Female Human Witch 2 HP: 17/17 AC: 12/12/10 Saves: 3/2/3 perc: +0 Init +6. hex save DC 15

Still riled up by the man in front of her Neltji is unaware of the fact that he is just needling her for fun and doesn't mean anything harmful by it. I am not a dolphin. I don't jump unless I want to and this here is Anthony! He is not a bug but a friend of mine. I would appreciate it is you used his name instead of calling him a bug. a Softening her tone as she take Anthony down she coos at it. You are a nice scorpion aren't you even if this man calls you a bug.

Ignoring the man the rest of the way she finds the captain. Captain Kovack, my father Brandon LeCross sent me to you. He said he made arrangements for me to sail with you until you came back here. I can help cook my dad said to help out. My name is Neltji!

----------------------------------------------------------------

As she is talkin to the captain she can't help but notice the large cat like creature coming closer. Anthony crawls up on her shoulder on guard till she is done with the captain. Turning around she looks the creature in the face for her first time. Oh how interesting! Are you one of those kitsune people I heard my father mention? I have never met one before. Is it true that you can change your shape between a cat and a human? Clearly not shy about asking questions Neltji also is blissfully unaware of how her questions may be perceived as invasive or personal.

What type of name is Munk-u-strap? Or is it Mun-ku--strap, or maybe Mun-kust-rap? Either way this is so exciting to meet you. Oh by qthe way I am Neltji. She reaches out her hand to shake it with the kitsune. Then she pulls it back quickly. Sorry do you kind shake hands or paws or what do you call them? Or how do you greet each other?

Dont worry once we get going I will curtail the teenager curiosity and invasive questioning.


Male N Catfolk unchained rogue 2 (Knife Master, Scout) | HP: 15/18 | AC: 16 (14 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: 1, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: 0, Sur: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Closing his eyes, Munkustrap tries to steady his breathing. Finding his happy place and a sense of calm, he addresses the young human girl.

"Why you are an inquisitive one, let us hope curiosity does not kill the cat. Ha! I jest. To answer your questions little one, I am not in fact a kitsune. Catfolk is what you can call me and live. Ha! I jest again, maybe." he gives Neltji a stern look. "As for what type of name, it is MY name, and one that I like quite a bit. A bit of advice, and one that might come in handy, if you think something in your head, none can hear you." Munkustrap looks around. "At least if there isn't a mesmerist aboard, but that is neither here nor there, see if you think something and then don't say it, none knows you thought it. But if you say it, and we hear it, then everyone knows what you are thinking.

"Now talking does come in handy from time to time, but there is also a good argument for not talking from time to time. This was one of those times." he gives her a mischievous grin.

"And its Munk - you - strap. Learn it well girl, for I am destined for fame."

No need to curtail it


Female Human Witch 2 HP: 17/17 AC: 12/12/10 Saves: 3/2/3 perc: +0 Init +6. hex save DC 15

Neltji's eyes go wide in excitement as she gets to hear all about Munk-you-strap. she gets a slightly puzzled expression though as he ambles on about jesting and the looks he is giving her. However she isn't certain how to take his expressions with all that hair, or do you call it fur, on his face. What do you mean Munk-you-strap? Why is this a time to not talk? How am I suppose to introduce myself and get to know people without talking?

Munk-you -strap, it is a nice name but maybe I wasn't clear earlier, sorry. What I meant was does it mean anything like the name Luna meaning little moon? And I will remember it. I have a very good memory for things like that. I think that is why I am always asking questions as I want to learn and remember everything I see and interact with.

As he gives her the mischievous grin Neltji can't help but smile and laugh. I am sorry but with all that hair on your face I cant tell what you are doing. Oh sorry, I mean is it fur or hair or what do you prefer?


RETIRED

Magnimar

Mischa darted out of the crowded back alley, pushing her way past drunks, whores and sailors, and hurried across the docks. Her long brown hair was greasy and matted, filthy from the last few nights spent on the streets, hiding from the Sczarni on her trail. Her clothes are in need of a wash, and the flower that once sat in her hair is wilted.

Desna bless me! Don't let them see me!

She rushes up the gangplank, leather boots making barely a sound against the slick wood, and hops aboard, looking for the captain or the first mate.

"I've more than enough for passage, but discretion is imperative. Can that be arranged?" she asks, clearly nervous and in a hurry. She holds up a small bag bulging with valuable crystals. "Please!"


Vanaran Male Monk HP: 22/22 | AC: 16 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 20 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, Acro +9, Stealth +9 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Unarmed: +5, d6+3+1, x2, B. Longbow: +5(6), d8+3(+1), x3, 110ft, P. Perfect Strike 1/1 | Active conditions: -2 dex

This was proving to be the most interesting voyage the Jenivere had had for a long time, not for the sailing - normal, barely even a proper storm to shake the masts - but for the passengers. First the girl who raced on at Magnimar, as though the Great Dragon himself was after her, and now here in the Shackles. Horribly lawless place, but interesting. Rii-Chin yawned widely and basked in the sun a few moments longer, draped over the yards like a particularly furry rug. Unfortunately First Mate Alton starts roaring about getting underway, and Rii-Chin knows his cue.

Anyone chancing to look up at that moment would see a shape reminiscent of an overgrown monkey, leaping about the rigging at the top of the ship and making occasionally perilous leaps between the main masts as he races around loosing sheets and binding halyards.

"All ready aloft, Captain!" Rii-Chin calls before sliding nimbly down a backstay and coming to a halt just above a pair of new passengers - a girl who seems to be half talking to a wicked looking bug on her shoulder and a cat, standing on two legs and boasting. Deciding to have a little fun Rii-Chin drops into the conversation - upside down.

"Greetings, and welcome to the Jenivere!" The upside down monkey says with a wide smile, twirling gently between the two conversants - "Nice to meet you both. You'll like the other passengers. Mischa is lovely - she'll help you brush your hair!" He addresses towards the girl, when he happens to be facing that way.

Mischa - I'm assuming we've already spoken, since Magnimar is a long time before the Shackles. :) We can RP it out as you like.


RETIRED

@ Rii-Chin: Definitely! I will happily do so once she's been allowed passage! The Captain might decide I'm more trouble than I'm worth and boot me off! lol Then I'll have to switch to the stowaway trait...


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Magnimar

Captain Kovack took a deep breath inhaling the sea air. This was his favorite time-the beginning of a new run to Eleder. After weeks of sailing he was always glad when a run ended and he swore that it would be the last one. He would sell the Jenivere, shack up with his favorite whore, buy a tavern and have a lifetime of rum at his disposal. A few days on land however always changed his thinking. He was a sailor through and through and when he died, it would be at sea and he would receive a sailor's rest.

He takes in another deep breath and closes his eyes when his silent revelry is broken by a female voice.

Mischa wrote:
"I've more than enough for passage, but discretion is imperative. Can that be arranged?" she asks, clearly nervous and in a hurry. She holds up a small bag bulging with valuable crystals. "Please!"

Captain Kovack sighs. And so it begins! he thinks to himself.

Sure lass, We will sail to Eleder with many stops around inbetween. Will ye be joining us for the whole voyage? He eyes the bulging bag Payment in advance!

Shackles

Munkustrap wrote:
"We hello Gelick is it not? Head the crew talking about you. And no, I do not shed. Hypoallergenic fur, don't you know." Munkustrap drops his sack of pilfered goods. "My stuff." he stares at the gnome and the little girl. "Grubby hands off, if you want to keep them." he brandishes a dagger from his sleeve, spins it almost faster than the eye can follow, before hiding it in the opposite sleeve. "But we won't have any problems, I am sure. So tell me a bit about yourselves, either of you. I am so very interested." Munkustrap speaks as he lithely vaults into the top hammock before laying back and closing his eyes.

Gelick gives an exaggerated bored yawn. First off, my hands are not grubby. They are clean and neatly manicured. I expect your claws aren't. And second, I am sure there is nothing of yours that I would want. He then looks over at Nelji. This here is the men's cabin, you should be in the female cabin with Mischa, Aerys, and..uh..the one whose name sounds like Mischa...Ah yes! Sasha. I think there are a few others in there too. He then stops and looks at Neltji questioningly, Unless there is a reason you like to hang out in the men's quarters? You seem to be a little young to be in the world's oldest profession.


RETIRED

Wait... Where?! Oh, it doesn't matter. I've got to get out of sight.

"Yes, thank you!" Mischa replies in relief. She smiles for the first time in days and passes over the bag of crystals.

It felt good to get them off her hands. If she hadn't stopped in that blasted cavern she could have kept her sister from getting tangled up with the Sczarni. Then her brother wouldn't be hurt, she'd be with her Clan, and her sister would be safe and healthy. Damned crystals were a curse.

"Which way to the guest cabin, Captain?" she asks.


Female Human Witch 2 HP: 17/17 AC: 12/12/10 Saves: 3/2/3 perc: +0 Init +6. hex save DC 15
Rii-Chi wrote:
"Greetings, and welcome to the Jenivere!" The upside down monkey says with a wide smile, twirling gently between the two conversants - "Nice to meet you both. You'll like the other passengers. Mischa is lovely - she'll help you brush your hair!" He addresses towards the girl, when he happens to be facing that way.

Neltji looks at wonder at the new addition to the conversation Oh wow, hello. My name is Neltji. What are you? she blurts out before glancing at Munk. I mean, sorry, who are you? and where do you come from? and who is Mischa? and why would she help me with my hair? Are you the ship's greeter as you sure have an interesting way meeting people?

Gelick wrote:
Gelick gives an exaggerated bored yawn. First off, my hands are not grubby. They are clean and neatly manicured. I expect your claws aren't. And second, I am sure there is nothing of yours that I would want. He then looks over at Nelji. This here is the men's cabin, you should be in the female cabin with Mischa, Aerys, and..uh..the one whose name sounds like Mischa...Ah yes! Sasha. I think there are a few others in there too. He then stops and looks at Neltji questioningly, Unless there is a reason you like to hang out in the men's quarters? You seem to be a little young to be in the world's oldest profession.

Neltji decides very quickly that she does not like this Gelick. However first impressions can be deceiving so she plucks up her courage to respond to him. I am merely here as Musk, I mean Munk, and I were in conversation earlier and he was heading down below. Clearly I do not wish to bunk in the men's room and will find the women's much more comfortable. As for the world's oldest profession I do not know what you are talking about. I am here to learn how to help sail and explore the seas as my father has arranged. Turning her back to head out her Anthony gives Gelick the tail much as others would flip him off. Strangely this naïve young woman has no clue that her scorpion companion would act in such a rude manner.

Arriving at the women's quarters she looks around for an empty space and sees a Varisian woman there. Pardon me ma'am but are any of these beds open to be used. I am in need of finding a place to store my stuff and sleep at night. The captain said to come down here but gave no further instructions. My name is Neltji. What is yours and where do you come from?


RETIRED

Magnimar

After getting clearance with the captain, Mischa hurried across the deck, ducking under ropes and slipping past sailors.

Don't look up. Don't make eye contact. One sailor's wagging tongue could tip the Sczarni off to my presence...

So intent was she on keeping a low profile that she didn't notice the flash of white fur in her face until she ran into it.

Eeek! That rope is furry! Definitely NOT a rope! What was that?!

Mischa jolts back from the furry tail that just rubbed all across her face and looks up to find a white-furred monkey person dangling in the rigging.

"You're tail is not a rope." she points out eloquently.

After a moment Mischa scrunches up her nose, rolls her eyes, and chuckles at herself. "Of course it's not. Sorry. I didn't see you there."

Can't stay to chat! Gotta hide!

Mischa turns to dart away but hesitates, then turns back to the vanara. "Your fur is gorgeous! I've never seen a... monkey-man... before? I'm sorry. I'm being rude, aren't I?" Mischa offers out her hand to the vanara. "I'm Mischa. Mischa Catanarri. But if you go ashore you can't tell anyone you saw me, okay?"

Over to you, Nik!

---

The Shackles

Neltji wrote:

Arriving at the women's quarters she looks around for an empty space and sees a Varisian woman there. Pardon me ma'am but are any of these beds open to be used. I am in need of finding a place to store my stuff and sleep at night. The captain said to come down here but gave no further instructions. My name is Neltji. What is yours and where do you come from?

"Yes, of course, come in!" Mischa replies in a welcoming voice, smiling at the new arrival and beckoning her inside. "This is the women's bunks. It's not much, but it's home." she chuckles lightly. It's a comforting sound, confident but casual. She seems genuine. Her lips are painted deep red, a flattering contrast to her white teeth and brown skin. Her eyes are brown and sparkling, outlined with dark browns and framed by thick, black eyelashes. The woman clearly takes great care in her appearance, artfully applying make-up and caring for her long, wavy black hair. "This bunk here is empty, beside mine and below Sasha's. Or this one here, above Aerys." she points out. "And you stuff can go... here."

GM: Is there many other women who stay in the bunk room? Is there information I can give Neltji on the guests that might be useful? If Sasha has night terrors, or Aerys snores crazy loud I'd be sure to warn Neltji as she chooses her bunk, lol.

Mischa holds out a hand for a handshake. Her nails are painted red, but her hands and fingers bear calluses. Her grip is firm. The woman's stronger than she appears. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Neltji. I'm Mischa. Mischa Catanarri. And I've been on this ship for what seems like forever!" she laughs happily.

"I'm from Varisia," she remarks. And indeed, her attire gives that away. She wears traditional Varisian attire, colourful sashes, scarves, vests, blouses and skirts, plenty of jewelry, and fitted leather armour and boots. A colourful flowers is pinned in her hair. She’s fit and strong, body honed by a life on the roads and in the wilds. "My people are caravaners. Travellers who range far and wide in cozy little wagons." she smiles wistfully, as if she missed that life. "But I've no fixed home I could give you. My Clan's home is the road. And you? Where are you from, Neltji?"


Vanaran Male Monk HP: 22/22 | AC: 16 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 20 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, Acro +9, Stealth +9 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Unarmed: +5, d6+3+1, x2, B. Longbow: +5(6), d8+3(+1), x3, 110ft, P. Perfect Strike 1/1 | Active conditions: -2 dex
Mischa Catanarri wrote:

Magnimar

Eeek! That rope is furry! Definitely NOT a rope! What was that?!

Mischa jolts back from the furry tail that just rubbed all across her face and looks up to find a white-furred monkey person dangling in the rigging.

"You're tail is not a rope." she points out eloquently.

After a moment Mischa scrunches up her nose, rolls her eyes, and chuckles at herself. "Of course it's not. Sorry. I didn't see you there."

Can't stay to chat! Gotta hide!

Mischa turns to dart away but hesitates, then turns back to the vanara. "Your fur is gorgeous! I've never seen a... monkey-man... before? I'm sorry. I'm being rude, aren't I?" Mischa offers out her hand to the vanara. "I'm Mischa. Mischa Catanarri. But if you go ashore you can't tell anyone you saw me, okay?"

"It's nice to meet you Mischa Catanarri." Rii-Chi grins, seemingly not at all put out about the tail-tugging. "People mistake my tail for a rope more than you might think." So saying his tail grasps a yard and swings him through a short arc as he lands behind her with a soft *thud*.

"You really like my fur?" He asks, finally standing on two feet, which Mischa notices are much more like hands than feet. "I work really hard on keeping it nice but with all the salt spray it can be really difficult. I'm not going to leave the ship so your secret is safe from these Scars-nasty or whoever it is, but if I show you the best hiding places could you help me brush my fur? Doing it myself just isn't the same and all my crew-mates keep trying to plait it!" His voice turns slightly aggreived, "I keep saying I don't need a pigtail but do they listen?"

He shakes, fur moving in a wave from head to tail and looks up again. "So? Do we have a deal, Mischa friend?"

The Shackles

Neltji wrote:
Neltji looks at wonder at the new addition to the conversation Oh wow, hello. My name is Neltji. What are you? she blurts out before glancing at Munk. I mean, sorry, who are you? and where do you come from? and who is Mischa? and why would she help me with my hair? Are you the ship's greeter as you sure have an interesting way meeting people?

"Mischa is one of the other passengers, she helps brush my fur - that's why I look so excellent at the moment." Rii-chi replies, ruffling his fur as he spins to demonstrate the point. "My name is Rii-chi, I'm one of the ships sailors - specifically the top-man. My job is to deal with the highest sails, we have to be light and fast to do that! Ah, you're going below. I won't come with you - but have fun, I'm sure you'll find Mischa soon."

It's only as Rii-chi scurries away that it becomes apparent that he didn't answer all of Neltji's questions.


RETIRED

Mischa watches Rii-Chi's acrobatics with a twinkle in her eyes and a big smile. Why, of course I like your fur!" she assures him. When could you find a fully furred person with such a glossy coat? And the puff on top? Adorable!

She turns, following his course through the air. "Really? You'll help me?" she sighs in relief.

People willing to cross the Sczarni are rare...

"You have a deal, Rii-Chi!" she exclaims, holding out her hand so they can shake on the deal. "Now about those hiding places?"


Male Human Ranger (skirmisher) 1 | HP 12/12 | AC:17 T:13 F:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+1 | CMB:+3 CMD:16 | Init:+4 | Perc: +5 | Conditions: Enlarged

Bloodcove, Mwangi Expanses

The docks bustle in trade, both questionable and legitimate, amid the tangled roots of Bloodcove's giant mangrove trees. Groups of sailors, given brief liberty from their ships, make their way to the dive bars, brothels, and gambling dens to spend their wages and booty and inflict more damage on their livers. Local merchants, Aspis Consortium agents, speculators, passengers, and sailors looking for work clamor for the attention of shipmasters.

On the third day in port, one of the lots of cargo headed for Sargava arrives. A large rectangular container, covered in a canvas, is wheeled up to the dock. Under the supervision of a tall, fairly severe looking man, it takes several of the local dockworkers and a few members of the crew to wheel it on deck. They slide it off the cart with a loud thud that provokes the sound of moving and irritated squawks from within. "Hey! Watch it with the merchandise or you'll be the one paying back the Consortium with your own hide!" scolds the man in charge. The dockworkers, accustomed to the roughness of many of Bloodcove's visitors, pay him little more than minimal heed.

The tall man turns to a shorter agent, "You can tell Gorse that his cargo is safely loaded for Eleder and I'll see to its safe unloading. Then he can go to Abaddon for all I care, because I'm done with him."
The shorter man chuckles, "Fine for you, Battaglia. But I'm telling you, the business isn't as good in Eleder as it is here. You won't have two silver to rub together before long."
"That's my concern, not yours, Esteban. Now you had better get back to your own masters before they start to think you're heading south with me."
"Have a care, Battaglia. And good hunting," Esteban says as he makes his departure.

With a sigh, Caine Battaglia unties and lifts up a corner of the canvas, revealing the bars of a large cage. He inspects the cage's contents briefly. A curious trilling sound comes from within. "Yeah, yeah. You'll be fine. Just stay calm and I'll have you in the new paddock in a few days." He reties the canvas and stands. Looking about, Caine notes that there are several curious sailors, though he makes no move to satisfy their curiosity.

I'm borrowing some of the fluff from the Get the Cargo Through trait as a hook, but none of the mechanics (since I already took the Boarded in Mwangi Expanse trait and am not looking to make use of the extra cash. I hope that's OK. As may be obvious, the cargo is live (and relatively harmless... relatively).


Vanaran Male Monk HP: 22/22 | AC: 16 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 20 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, Acro +9, Stealth +9 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Unarmed: +5, d6+3+1, x2, B. Longbow: +5(6), d8+3(+1), x3, 110ft, P. Perfect Strike 1/1 | Active conditions: -2 dex

"What is that?" Rii-Chi asks, perched on a nearby yard. "and why do you keep it in a cage?" The newcomer wouldn't know, but anyone who has met Rii-Chi before can hear the hard edge in his normally playful voice. Much of his fur is standing up on end. "What harm has it done to deserve this?"

Nice to meet you - I'm your most likely new target! :D


Female Human Witch 2 HP: 17/17 AC: 12/12/10 Saves: 3/2/3 perc: +0 Init +6. hex save DC 15
Mischa wrote:

Mischa holds out a hand for a handshake. Her nails are painted red, but her hands and fingers bear calluses. Her grip is firm. The woman's stronger than she appears. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Neltji. I'm Mischa. Mischa Catanarri. And I've been on this ship for what seems like forever!" she laughs happily.

"I'm from Varisia," she remarks. And indeed, her attire gives that away. She wears traditional Varisian attire, colourful sashes, scarves, vests, blouses and skirts, plenty of jewelry, and fitted leather armour and boots. A colourful flowers is pinned in her hair. She’s fit and strong, body honed by a life on the roads and in the wilds. "My people are caravaners. Travellers who range far and wide in cozy little wagons." she smiles wistfully, as if she missed that life. "But I've no fixed home I could give you. My Clan's home is the road. And you? Where are you from, Neltji?"

Neltji looks in awe at the older woman's makeup and nails. Wow Mischa. I am flattered to meet you. I have never met anyone so...so...colorful like yourself. You have color on your face, lips and fingernails. It is almost like you are a piece of art with all of that color on you. Reaching out delicately she grasps Mischa's hand but doesn't squeeze it hard at all, afraid she might break something. Is all that color on your skin permanent? I have seen many sailors with tattoos but never done quite like yours.

Neltji then places her stuff where Mischa indicates and chooses the bunk. I think I will take this one on the bottom next to yours. That way if I roll out of bed I won't fall as far.

Once having her bunk claimed Anthony crawls down her back ont toe bunk inspecting it while Neltji continues to talk with Mischa. I am from here in the Shackles. I was born and grew up here listening to stories my father would bring home from his voyages. I have never ben away from home here unlike yourself. I can't image how exciting and fun it must have been growing up always on the road travelling from one location to another. always able to see different sights and experience the whole world out there.


Female Human Witch 2 HP: 17/17 AC: 12/12/10 Saves: 3/2/3 perc: +0 Init +6. hex save DC 15
Rii-Chi wrote:

Mischa is one of the other passengers, she helps brush my fur - that's why I look so excellent at the moment." Rii-chi replies, ruffling his fur as he spins to demonstrate the point. "My name is Rii-chi, I'm one of the ships sailors - specifically the top-man. My job is to deal with the highest sails, we have to be light and fast to do that! Ah, you're going below. I won't come with you - but have fun, I'm sure you'll find Mischa soon."

It's only as Rii-chi scurries away that it becomes apparent that he didn't answer all of Neltji's questions.

Neltji watches in amusement as the monkey man scurries away. Hollering after him, It was nice to meet you. Be careful up there in the rigging?


RETIRED

"Oh, there's not much else to do on board," Mischa admits with a laugh. "It's just face powders and paints. All temporary. Surely you've seen such things before?" She smiles in surprise at the compliments. "A work of art? Well aren't you the sweetest, dear! I could show you, if you like. Once you've settled in. It will give me something else to do. I can only look at the ocean so long, and top-deck I always get in the sailor's way."

"Oh, my!" Mischa exclaims suddenly. "Is that... yours?" she asks, pointing at the scorpion. "They're fascinating creatures, but quite dangerous. How did you manage to train it?" For a woman so interesting in make-up a moment ago, Mischa is surprisingly interested in your little pet.

"I would think the Shackles is quite exciting in itself," Mischa admits. "It seems like such a colourful, chaotic place. Not to my tastes, but exciting, certainly."

Mischa smiles wistfully. "Yes, I did love caravanning. I wouldn't trade it for the world. For my people the life of a traveller is the only life we've ever known. We're born to it. For some it's more than that--the act of travelling is a holy pilgrimage. And for others, like myself, it's the places you discover along the way that matter most. Or, I thought that they mattered most. It's the people you're with that make all the difference... Your family. Your Clan."

"Yes, it was exciting, but unfortunately, exciting isn't always a good thing," she chuckles sadly. "There was trouble, and I was forced to leave for a while. I'll make my way back home in time.

"Well, whatever your life was before, you're certainly going to see the world now, Neltji. I hope you enjoy it. It can be beautiful."


Male Human Ranger (skirmisher) 1 | HP 12/12 | AC:17 T:13 F:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+1 | CMB:+3 CMD:16 | Init:+4 | Perc: +5 | Conditions: Enlarged

Bloodcove, Mwangi Expanses

Caine looks up at the simian rigger. "That is a gift, although I would consider bribe a better word for it. It seems someone down at Eleder believes that making gifts of certain exotic animals will induce the Baron to give them a better deal. The reason it's in a cage is because it's not particularly nice. I wouldn't go sticking any of your fingers through the bars of the cage - not if you want to keep them," Caine adds.


Human Male HP 20/20 | AC 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8 | Diplo +4, Bluff +0, Intim +0 Speed 20 | Spells: 1st -0/3 | Scythe +5 (2d4+4/x4) | Dagger +4 (1d6+3/19-20

The shackles

Thorion stood quietly along the dock, watching as the crew of the Jenivere began loading and unloading the vessel. He waited patiently as other approached the ship’s captain to make arrangements for passage and shipment. The dock was over busy, even for The Shackles reputation and Thorion new the environment well enough. Although the dock appeared friendly, The Shackles resided on the fringe of law and at any time could erupt in chaos. Caution was not just a consideration, but a requirement.

Uncomfortable with the close confines of the ship, Thorion had to take a moment to contemplate before recommitting to his task. (The Jenivere looks to be a solid ship and its crew looks able. Surly the voyage should be uneventful.) He thought to himself knowing the perils that the coast had in store for such trips. (Many days at sea, confined to a small wooden box filled with a lot of inquisitive people.) Thorion sighed at the thought.

After carefully making his way up the ships ramp, Throian approached the captain to make arrangements for his passage. "I hale from the church of Pharasma and I seek passage aboard your vessel.” The priest stated in a calm but firm tone while taking care to keep his face covered by the cowl of his hood.


Female Human Witch 2 HP: 17/17 AC: 12/12/10 Saves: 3/2/3 perc: +0 Init +6. hex save DC 15

With Mischa

As Mischa informs Neltji on the realities of the art Neltji smiles appreciatively. I have seen clowns and street performers with face paint before but nothing as refined as yours. I would be delighted to have you show me sometime how it is done. Perhaps some other day though when there is a lull. Right now there is so much to se and do with new people coming on board and strange and exotic people to meet like that Rii-Chi and Munk.

As Mischa exclaims aloud Neltji turns quickly to see what the problem is. All that she sees is Anthony sitting on her bed. Worried that Mischa might do something she turns back only to see Mischa asking questions instead of being scared. Getting a puzzled look on her face Neltji tries to answer her questions. His name is Anthony, or at least that is what I call him. I wouldn't say he is mine like I own him. Biting her lip as she tries to explain the complexities of a familiar that Mischa would understand, I would rather say that we belong to each other. I found him and he found me as I was looking for shell fish to sell for my mamma one day. He scuttled up onto my hand and we...connected somehow.

Hurrying to make sure that Mischa knows Anthony is safe Neltji continues on. We understand each other really well and he listens to me. Don't worry, he won't sting anyone unless they try to harm me or I tell him to, not that I have had to do that hardly at all, well maybe once or twice, but really he is nice.

Changing the subject back to Mischa's travels one can sense that Anthony is one of the few subjects that Neltji is shy about. I can understand that, wanting to be with certain people while traveling. I wish my father could be with me but he has to work and my mother has my brothers and sisters to raise still. The Shackles might be exciting for some but I was always helping out my mamma and father. Being the oldest I had to help with the rest of my siblings, not that I don't love them or anything but I want to see the world as well. What is why I am here now. My mamma and father thought that since I turned 16 I was old enough to go exploring a bit. This ship is well known in the Shackles as it continually returns to port to trade. I guess my parents thought this was the safest chance to let me live out my dreams.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

With Mischa

First Mate Alton will show you the way to the female cabin! The Captain says with his fist clutching tightly the crystals.

Mischa wrote:
GM: Is there many other women who stay in the bunk room? Is there information I can give Neltji on the guests that might be useful? If Sasha has night terrors, or Aerys snores crazy loud I'd be sure to warn Neltji as she chooses her bunk, lol.

@Mischa:
Once when you walked into the cabin and saw Sasha changing. She had what looked like red insect legs tattooed on her back. They almost looked like preying mantis legs. When she became aware of you, she tried to cover them up.

With Netji

Neltji wrote:
As for the world's oldest profession I do not know what you are talking about.

Gelick clicks his tongue. Innocent child! I fret you will know what it is soon enough! You don't look like much of a sailor!

Netji wrote:
Turning her back to head out her Anthony gives Gelick the tail much as others would flip him off.

Gelick responds by making a silent, exaggerated squishing motion.

With Caine

After you see that your cargo has been loaded, and are ready to step on the gang plank, a tian man with a huge katana arrives at the same time. You recognize the man as Ishirou - a sailor, thug, messenger, soldier, and guard for the Aspis Consortium for about 10 years. After you Caine, Didn't think anyone else from the consortium would be on this vessel!

With Thorion

Thorion wrote:
"I hale from the church of Pharasma and I seek passage aboard your vessel.”

Captain Kovack sighs. Gods! I hate the shackles! I've spent many years at sea and I've seen many different religions, so I won't hold it against ye, Ye are welcome as long as ye pay and don't go about convertin' me, my crew or the other passengers. He hold out his hand. Payment in advance!


RETIRED

With Neltji

"That is fascinating!" Mischa remarks. "I'm quite good at rearing animals, but creatures like that were always beyond my skills."

"What does your family do, did you say?" she asks.


Human Male HP 20/20 | AC 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8 | Diplo +4, Bluff +0, Intim +0 Speed 20 | Spells: 1st -0/3 | Scythe +5 (2d4+4/x4) | Dagger +4 (1d6+3/19-20

Thorion nodded in agreement with the captain’s instructions. “How much?” The priest stated plainly as he retrieved a small coin pouch that was tied to his belt.


Male Human Ranger (skirmisher) 1 | HP 12/12 | AC:17 T:13 F:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+1 | CMB:+3 CMD:16 | Init:+4 | Perc: +5 | Conditions: Enlarged

Bloodcove, Mwangi Expanses

DM RichD wrote:
After you see that your cargo has been loaded, and are ready to step on the gang plank, a tian man with a huge katana arrives at the same time. You recognize the man as Ishirou - a sailor, thug, messenger, soldier, and guard for the Aspis Consortium for about 10 years. After you Caine, Didn't think anyone else from the consortium would be on this vessel!

Caine's heart sinks a little when he sees the Aspis Consortium muscle, worried that a certain obnoxious station manager had decided to keep him under watch.

"I'm just the delivery man, Ishirou. You here to keep an eye on this cargo too?" Caine indicates the covered cage. "Or do they have you on some other business?"


Vanaran Male Monk HP: 22/22 | AC: 16 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 20 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, Acro +9, Stealth +9 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Unarmed: +5, d6+3+1, x2, B. Longbow: +5(6), d8+3(+1), x3, 110ft, P. Perfect Strike 1/1 | Active conditions: -2 dex

Rii-Chi watches from the rigging as the game keeper begins talking to another man - and seems apprehensive. Why are these men here suddenly? What other business? Mildly perturbed he scrambles a little higher into the rigging, trying to remain out of sight but close enough to listen to what is going on below him.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

With Thorion

Thorion wrote:
Thorion nodded in agreement with the captain’s instructions. “How much?” The priest stated plainly as he retrieved a small coin pouch that was tied to his belt.

The Captain gives a rate that seems very reasonable. It is a cargo ship and not a passenger ship so this is just extra money to him.

'Member what I says. Ye can worship Pharasma how ye like, but keep the rest of us out of it.

With Caine

Caine wrote:
"I'm just the delivery man, Ishirou. You here to keep an eye on this cargo too?" Caine indicates the covered cage. "Or do they have you on some other business?"

Both! The dour man says.

?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

@Caine DC15 Sense motive:
You feel that there is another reason why the man is here that has nothing to do with you or the Consortium.

With Rii-Chi

At Port Peril a rather attractive half-elf woman boarded and seemed to be looking for her cabin when Bortus, a rude sailor by even sailor standards says in a lewd voice, Ya can share my bunk, Honey!

The woman walks over to him and the smile on Bortus' face grows. She stands a few inches from him and Bortus puckers his lips for a kiss when suddenly - POW! The woman punches Bortus right in his face, breaking his nose and sending him sprawling! You hear First Mate Alton double over with laughter. I'll show ye to your cabin Miss Aerys. He says between bursts of laughter.


Male Human Ranger (skirmisher) 1 | HP 12/12 | AC:17 T:13 F:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+1 | CMB:+3 CMD:16 | Init:+4 | Perc: +5 | Conditions: Enlarged

Bloodcove, Mwangi Expanses

sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

”But no details? Of course, cryptic as usual. Maybe you should take on the job of mucking out the cage, if you want a hand in its oversight. In this heat, it won’t take long for the smell to really ripen. Do us all a favor.”


Female Human Witch 2 HP: 17/17 AC: 12/12/10 Saves: 3/2/3 perc: +0 Init +6. hex save DC 15

Neltji waves her hand dismissively at the praise. Oh no, I would not try handling any scorpion other than Anthony. I don't think it would go so well for me.

As for my family? Neltji hems and haws a bit before answering, My momma raises the family while father is the quartermaster on the Kraken. I thought I would go with him someday but he says the routes his ship takes is too dangerous. Once I get my feet wet and get some hands on experience and get my fill of seeing the world then I will join him someday.

Changing the subject slightly Neltji asks, So what brings you here now. I mean I am looking forward to strange sights and wonders, but why are you on the Jenivere and not with your family?


RETIRED

Mischa hesitates, clearly weighing something in her mind.

"My sister got in trouble with a gang. I tried to get her out of it, but she refused. The gang did not take that lightly. I had to flee. And this ship is where I wound up." she shrugs."In time I will make my way back to them. But, for now, I will see what wonders this new journey has to offer."

She smiles, and sits on her bed while Neltji settles in.

---

Anyone on the ship for at least a stop would notice that although Mischa visits the deck a lot to watch the ocean, and is quite social, she never comes out of the women's cabin when the Jenivere is in port.


Human Male HP 20/20 | AC 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8 | Diplo +4, Bluff +0, Intim +0 Speed 20 | Spells: 1st -0/3 | Scythe +5 (2d4+4/x4) | Dagger +4 (1d6+3/19-20

In agreement with the captain’s terms, Thorion renders the boarding fee and then makes his way onto the ship. Unfamiliar with the vessels layout, Thorion begins to hang around the main deck, being genuinely in the way, until someone instructs him where his quarters are located.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

With Caine

Ishirou looks at Caine with confusion. I am no one's stable boy, not anymore! He then looks as if he might have said too much. Of course I can help protect the cargo.

With Thorion

After being cursed at by several of the crew, First Mate Alton approaches. Well you must be a passenger because you don't look like a tar. He then looks up at the tall man. In fact you kinda look like Death. If you are death, I hope you aren't here for me. I always thought I would meet my end at the hands of a siren, and you definitely are not a siren! He then proceeds to show the priest to his quarters.


RETIRED

@ Aerys
Mischa smiles as she holds out a hand to the grumpy woman. "I'm Mischa," she says, introducing herself. "And you're Aerys. I hear you gave one of the sailors more than he could handle." She chuckles, clearly amused that Aerys decked one of the sailors for being too flirty. She could relate. "You'll be the talk of the ship for weeks!"

---

Once the Jenivere has left port, Mischa goes for a stroll on deck--trying to keep out of the way as best as she can. She knows it's trouble for the crew, but she can't stay below-decks for too long. She needs fresh air, the open sky above her and the wind blowing in her hair.

She gives a wave to Rii-Chi, dangling high up in the rigging, and another to the other sailors she might have befriended. She nods politely if she catches the eye of the Captain or First Mate.

She watches the horizon, wondering how far she was from her family, what her sister was doing now, and how much longer she'd be on this stinking boat... Noticing a few dolphins frolicking in the spray, she smiles. It was beautiful out here... And who knows what other amazing sights she'd see before the end of this journey!

She'd have quite the story to tell when she finally made it home.

---

Hearing strange animal noises coming from the cargo hold, Mischa slips out of her bunk and makes her way down the short hall, and into the hold. She listens carefully, and follows the noises, until she comes upon a large cargo container that has some kind of wild animal inside it. Careful to stay back she peers inside, curious what beast lay within.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

What the heck did you bring on board, Caine? lol


Human Male HP 20/20 | AC 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8 | Diplo +4, Bluff +0, Intim +0 Speed 20 | Spells: 1st -0/3 | Scythe +5 (2d4+4/x4) | Dagger +4 (1d6+3/19-20

Thorion moved about the top-deck, showing no response to the profane heckles of the crew. The insults hadn’t even come close to anything that would have effected the priest. He continued about his business in what appeared to be an oblivious state, which he knew would likely antagonize the men further.

Pausing a moment, he watched as a single crewman approached. He stared blankly, while the man introduced himself as the ship's first mate. Quietly he watched as the first mate began to ramble on about death. Unmoved by the man’s iteration, Thorion chose to follow the delusional crewman in hopes that he might actually have some insight about the ship’s quarters.

Fortunately the man was not deranged about the location of the common rooms. The room was crude, but would obviously serve its purpose. The smell of men gathering in a single confined area, did not promote a promising future for the upcoming voyage. Thorion moved quietly into the room and selected an unoccupied bed space. Staring blankly at the First Mate, the priest stood next to his newly acquired bed and uttered a single parting gesture. “Thank you.”


Vanaran Male Monk HP: 22/22 | AC: 16 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 20 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, Acro +9, Stealth +9 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Unarmed: +5, d6+3+1, x2, B. Longbow: +5(6), d8+3(+1), x3, 110ft, P. Perfect Strike 1/1 | Active conditions: -2 dex

The First Mate is rapidly followed by a humanoid monkey - who enters the cabin by its porthole and looks around with an expression which would probably mean disgust on a more humanoid visage.

"You're strange, new man." He says, as his tail sways gently behind him. "My name is Rii-Chi, what is yours?


Human Male HP 20/20 | AC 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8 | Diplo +4, Bluff +0, Intim +0 Speed 20 | Spells: 1st -0/3 | Scythe +5 (2d4+4/x4) | Dagger +4 (1d6+3/19-20

Thorion stared blankly at the uncommon monkey-like creature that slipped through one of ship’s ports. The beast’s ability to speak was uncanny, considering the state of its condition. The priest had seen similar curses during his time working as one of the church’s healers. (This is going to be a long voyage.) He thought to himself as he listened to the creature’s questions.

(If I don’t answer, maybe it will go away.) The priest hoped as he continued to stare at the monkey-man with little to no response to its ramblings.


Female Human Witch 2 HP: 17/17 AC: 12/12/10 Saves: 3/2/3 perc: +0 Init +6. hex save DC 15
Mischa Catanarri wrote:

Mischa hesitates, clearly weighing something in her mind.

"My sister got in trouble with a gang. I tried to get her out of it, but she refused. The gang did not take that lightly. I had to flee. And this ship is where I wound up." she shrugs."In time I will make my way back to them. But, for now, I will see what wonders this new journey has to offer."

She smiles, and sits on her bed while Neltji settles in.

Neltji's young heart goes out to the woman in front of her. I am so sorry to hear that. placing a comforting hand on Mischa's Neltji continues on. I can understand how important family is. If there is something I can do please let me know. Nor sure what else to say Neltji let's the woman be as she finishes stowing her stuff.


Female Human Witch 2 HP: 17/17 AC: 12/12/10 Saves: 3/2/3 perc: +0 Init +6. hex save DC 15

During the day Neltji can be found top side among the sailors trying the learn as much as possible without being in the way. While initially she found resistance from some of the sailors she kept at it and her persistence was rewarded. When not learning from the sailors Neltji could be found talking to anyone on board listening to stories the exception was the stoic priestly fellow that never smiled at anyone. Neltji wasn't sure how to approach the dour man but vowed to break the silence and get him to come out of his shell eventually.

1 to 50 of 1,653 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's Serpent's Skull: Book 1-Soul's For Smuggler's Shiv (Closed Recruitment) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.