Cottonseed PFS PbP (2E)

Game Master Redelia

Society Guide
Outpost VII Announcement
PbP Lodges and Guides
Data Tracking Form Link


1 to 50 of 717 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

Hi, everyone, and welcome to our new thread. For right now, please dot and delete; everything interesting will be happening in discussion. In the future, this thread will be for in-character interactions.


PFS Signup | SFS Signup | Requests | Need a Pregen? | Need a Map? | Konocti-Con2018 | Tables:

A Rather lost and energetic Dwarf walks into the room. "Hello?" a resounding echo greets him in return. "I be think'n I am late or may be I have arrived too early." Never the less of his word the dwarf sets up at a table, Pulling a medium sized pony keg of Metalbender mead from some pocket of space. He places it on the table, tap ready and in place. Producing a few empty pint cups from another unknown space he sets about with a sheet of paper simply labeled "Who's ready for an adventure?"


|Kintargo Area Map | Combat Slides |

A disembodied skull floats into the room. Looking from one side to the other, it's blood red eyes settle on the dwarf...sitting alone.

Through some unknown force, it soars towards the man, stopping just shy of the table. Settling into a seat, a strand of decaying hair reaches out and pokes the cup. 'Mind if I join you minion?' rings out from...somewhere, thought the skull's jaw never moves.


PFS Signup | SFS Signup | Requests | Need a Pregen? | Need a Map? | Konocti-Con2018 | Tables:

The Dwarf looks up, not even started by the floating skull, he thinks to him self "Don't I know ye? May 'ave been a pas' life. Or was it an alternate life. Somthin' bout halflings comes ya mind." shrugging at his own thoughts he grabs an empty glass filling it to the brim he sets it back down in front of the requester. "By all means; Enjoy to yer hearts content, the Keg will no' empty 'til the las' on' has been thoroughly satisfied."

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

A very confused squirrel stands in the middle of the room. "...?"

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
He/Him

An old hound, sleeping by the fire, opens one eye, spots the confused squirrel, and lazily bays at it (without getting up, of course). "ROOoooooo..."

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Human Fighter 6 | AC 27 (T 13/FF 25 | CMB +11 CMD 24 | HP 58 | Init +3 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +2 | Perception +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Everburning Torch

I will be interested in playing, but not running 2e games via pbp. I am being very optimistic about 2e. I think it could be a very good update.

Liberty's Edge

Dot to delete.

Dark Archive

Female Gnome Wizard 2 (CORE)

"Dot for the future," calls out a rather eccentric gnome woman.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 6 | HP 39/39 | AC 21, t 14, ff 18 | CMB 2, CMD 15 | F+7 R+9 W+3; +4 vs. poison, +2 vs. fear | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+11 | Extracts: 2nd-barkskin, cure moderate wounds (2), invisibility; 1st-cure light wounds, shield, targeted bomb admixture (3) | Bomb: 12/12 | Mutagen: brewed | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+10 | AC 23, t 14, ff 20 | R+11, W+2 | CMD 17

"I've been thinking of creating a new brew. Perhaps a coffee brew. Feels like the time for new, experimental things..."

Silver Crusade

Tiefling

"Trust me, mint is the way to go. Especially done up Kintargo-style, with a splash of jalapeno for the infernal fires."


Botting Guide

An construct steps into the lodge under construction **** click... bzzzt **** whir **** updating protocols in progress **** standing by for beta ****


|Kintargo Area Map | Combat Slides |

With an expressionless nod, the skull snatches the mug with a whisp of hair and downs it. The liquid can be seen traveling through the bony jaw and then...disappearing?

Slapping the mug back down, it turns towards the newcomers, 'A coffee stout would be a good thing.'


2 people marked this as a favorite.
VC - Sydney, Australia

/Looks around, all Shifty


Dragonskull |PBP Singnup

A lady gives the shifty gentleman a look, and a wave.


HP: 61/61, AC 23/23/23, F+5, R+15, W+4, speed 40ft, Perception +10, init +9, Darkvision 60ft, low light vision, scent
Batpony wrote:
A very confused squirrel stands in the middle of the room. "...?"

The natural predator of the squirrel creeps up towards it.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
He/Him

The hound refuses to move out of the way. What will the quick brown fox do about this lazy hound?

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

The hostess for this place hands the squirrel some nuts, pats the dog on the head, and looks around for someone who the little fox belongs to.


HP: 61/61, AC 23/23/23, F+5, R+15, W+4, speed 40ft, Perception +10, init +9, Darkvision 60ft, low light vision, scent

The dog hears the most annoying kind of cat miowing nearby, such that one generally wants to shut it up to rest in peace.

Would the doggie like to make a willsave DC 14?

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
He/Him

Will save: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8

"ROOOOOooooooooooo"

The hound bays again, and lifts his head to look around. Not actually seeing or smelling a cat, he quickly gives up and settles back to sleep with a grumble.


HP: 61/61, AC 23/23/23, F+5, R+15, W+4, speed 40ft, Perception +10, init +9, Darkvision 60ft, low light vision, scent

The fox seems to wait a bit, until the dog seems truly asleep.

The fox seems to pay even more attention to the squirrel, and it yawns, it's feeling Lucky.

Lucky?, squirrel CMD 6: 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 + 1 = 9
The fox advances towards the squirrel, which finds something holding it.

DC 14 CMB or escape artist to escape the holding.

Liberty's Edge

"squeeeeee" The squirrel, obviously distracted by nuts, finds itself trapped.

escape artist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

However, it squirms it's way out of the foxes grasp with relative ease and climbs up onto the fireplace.
"#£& #&£#& !&£!!!"

speak with animals:
That damn Fox!


HP: 61/61, AC 23/23/23, F+5, R+15, W+4, speed 40ft, Perception +10, init +9, Darkvision 60ft, low light vision, scent

(Waves tail from left to right)

(Looks for an empty chair and table near the fireplace)
The fox tries jumping onto the chair, table and then fireplace.

Acrobatics 10: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Acrobatics 10: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Acrobatics 15?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

It now eyes the squirrel....

Paizo Employee Organized Play Line Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.

After walking through the door and spying a plethora of animals, a red-headed woman exclaims, "Whoah! Vermin in here already? Isn't this place supposed to be new?"

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Gnome Wizard 2 (CORE)

"Do fleas count as vermin," the gnome calls across the room as she scratches the side of her head, right near where the dog lies asleep.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

The hostess sees the naughty little fox trying to get to the cute little squirrel. She opens a high up cabinet that the fox cannot possibly get to, puts a handful of nuts in it, and carefully lifts up the cute little squirrel. She puts him into the cabinet, leaving the door open, so that he can munch on the nuts in peace.


HP: 61/61, AC 23/23/23, F+5, R+15, W+4, speed 40ft, Perception +10, init +9, Darkvision 60ft, low light vision, scent
Meloriel wrote:
Whoah! Vermin in here already? Isn't this place supposed to be new?"

The young woman hears giggling in her mind.

The tiny fox observes the entire going on.

It yawns and stretches. Once the hostess has moved away, the fox's gaze goes back towards the cabinet.

With fireplaces usually having bowls, plates or picture frames to decorate them, the fox knocks over one of those. It sits down upon it, and a minute later, the object starts flying towards, and ends at the open cabinet.

Once it exits at the station, the fox lies down, watching, relaxing.

A little later, voice in the hostess' head:

You're fun. Your turn.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online)

If the little fox is still around, the hostess wonders if maybe he is getting in so much trouble because he feels unwanted. She offers him a few little meat tidbits on a plate, and pets the soft fur between his ears. She also makes sure the hound has something yummy.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 61/61, AC 23/23/23, F+5, R+15, W+4, speed 40ft, Perception +10, init +9, Darkvision 60ft, low light vision, scent

(Looks up at the hostess)

Closes eyes at getting attention and the bit of food.

(Lays down to nibble the meat and relax)

The voice in the hostess' head:

(Soft young female voice)

You're the sweetest. I'll do something for you too in the future.

Grand Lodge

He/Him

The hound opens one eye at the hostess' approach. He sniffs at her hand, then quickly scarfs the offered treat, his tail thumping against the floor, before settling back to sleep with a contented sigh.


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Year of Fortune's Fall // DA Duology Maps

“Hey everyone! I’m finally here.” The Lady in Red brings flowers to the hostess, cookies for the ninja and all his friends, and treats and blankets for the animals. “So... When does this party get started?”

Grand Lodge

Venture-Lieutenant - NH | Proprietor of Castamir's Station
GM Hmm wrote:
“Hey everyone! I’m finally here.” The Lady in Red brings flowers to the hostess, cookies for the ninja and all his friends, and treats and blankets for the animals. “So... When does this party get started?”

Sadly, the wait is still REALLY long.

Grand Lodge

Calculating time to launch...

The Exchange

male halfling sorcerer (elemental air) 10 | ♥️42 | ⛨23 t17 ff20 | Resist electricity 20 | CMB +3, CMD 19 | F +4, R +7, W +9; +2 vs fear | Init +9 | Perception +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐1st ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐2nd ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐3rd ☐☐☐☐☐☐4th ☐☐☐☐5th | Extend (rod; up to 6th) ☐☐☐ | elemental ray ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ | elemental blast ☐ | Active conditions: none

A brash halfling sorcerer walks into the lodge. "Whoa! What's with the petting zoo...?"


HP: 61/61, AC 23/23/23, F+5, R+15, W+4, speed 40ft, Perception +10, init +9, Darkvision 60ft, low light vision, scent
Telos Downshot wrote:
Whoa! What's with the petting zoo...?

The halfling hears a young female voice in his mind.

Petting zoos require farm animals.
Current ones are just adorable animals.

The Exchange

male halfling sorcerer (elemental air) 10 | ♥️42 | ⛨23 t17 ff20 | Resist electricity 20 | CMB +3, CMD 19 | F +4, R +7, W +9; +2 vs fear | Init +9 | Perception +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐1st ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐2nd ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐3rd ☐☐☐☐☐☐4th ☐☐☐☐5th | Extend (rod; up to 6th) ☐☐☐ | elemental ray ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ | elemental blast ☐ | Active conditions: none

"Hmm... good point."

Then he realizes he didn't "hear" that voice. He looks around wildly for a second.

"Hey, who was that?"


HP: 61/61, AC 23/23/23, F+5, R+15, W+4, speed 40ft, Perception +10, init +9, Darkvision 60ft, low light vision, scent

The halfling hears a playful chuckling.

A resident spirit.
Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

An empty tankard comes floating past his chest, from one table onto the next.

The Exchange

male halfling sorcerer (elemental air) 10 | ♥️42 | ⛨23 t17 ff20 | Resist electricity 20 | CMB +3, CMD 19 | F +4, R +7, W +9; +2 vs fear | Init +9 | Perception +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐1st ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐2nd ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐3rd ☐☐☐☐☐☐4th ☐☐☐☐5th | Extend (rod; up to 6th) ☐☐☐ | elemental ray ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ | elemental blast ☐ | Active conditions: none

He watches the mug float past him and gets a wry smile on his face.

”Somebody is having fun with me. I didn’t join the society yesterday. I know it takes all types. Come out new friend, for a proper greeting.”

Grand Lodge

Kitsune Guardian 1, HP 14/14, AC 14/12/12. [F+3, R+4, W+0], speed 30ft, darkvision 60ft, CMB +2, CMD 14, Perception +4

A dark figure materializes next to Telos, practically featureless save two burning eyes.

(Same voice)

Well, hello then.

The Exchange

male halfling sorcerer (elemental air) 10 | ♥️42 | ⛨23 t17 ff20 | Resist electricity 20 | CMB +3, CMD 19 | F +4, R +7, W +9; +2 vs fear | Init +9 | Perception +3 | Speed 20ft | Spells ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐1st ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐2nd ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐3rd ☐☐☐☐☐☐4th ☐☐☐☐5th | Extend (rod; up to 6th) ☐☐☐ | elemental ray ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ | elemental blast ☐ | Active conditions: none

"Well then, hello friend. I'm Telos! You have a very mysterious way about you, appearing where you please. Who or what grants this gift?"

Grand Lodge

Kitsune Guardian 1, HP 14/14, AC 14/12/12. [F+3, R+4, W+0], speed 30ft, darkvision 60ft, CMB +2, CMD 14, Perception +4

(.....)

"The spiritual energies of the world. The desire to stay close to those dear, and the need to one day exact retribution on certain people."

"But tricking the unwary passes time."

The Exchange

4 people marked this as a favorite.

A goblin comes wandering up the path singing bawdily:

"Where have all the bad men gone
And where are all their dogs?
Where's the skinny, word-reading man I always thought was odd?
Thank gods there's no paladin or her big, stompy steed!
Late at night I revel and burn
And I scream of what you need!

"I am a hero!
No longer do we cut, or chew, or bite!
I get to be strong
And I get to be fast
And your town I will no longer ignite!
I am a hero!
I can actually wander out into daylight
I'm not really pure
And sleep until noon
But I could possibly now save your life
I could save your life..."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Yes Goblin Paladin 1

*holds up a torch and waves it around emphatically!*


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Goblin Fighter 4 | hp 38 | AC 21, T 14, FF 18 | CMD 16 | F +6, R +4, W +2 (+1 vs fear) | Init +3 | Spd 30' | Intim +2, Perc +8, Ride +10, SensM +1, Stlth +10

*Sets fire to Grand Lodge.*

"OOPS!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Stranger | Sound Effects

*Waits patiently for Pathfinder 3.0, so he/she/it can join too!*

Manifold Host

2 people marked this as a favorite.
820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 11 | SP 100/100 HP 68/68 | RP 5/10 | EAC 29; KAC 29 | Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +8 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +13+1d6+2 | Speed 50ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Spot of Luck 1/1, Salvation's End 1/1, Vestments Reroll 1/1, Coin Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Telepathy via Mind Circlet
Strange Alien Creature wrote:
*Waits patiently for Pathfinder 3.0, so he/she/it can join too!*

A gnome in a bright shiny jumpsuit jets in with her rocket pack. “Psst. Have you heard of the new Starfinder faction, the Manifold Host? You’d fit right in! And if they’re not open, come join us in the Wayfinders!” Then she waves at the goblin upthread. “Great song, Eggbreath!”

Then she looks around. “Oops. I appear to be in the wrong campaign. Sorry about that!” With another blast of her rocket pack, she jets out.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13, t 13, ff 10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0, R+3, W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6, SM +4; low-light | Speed 30ft | Hand of the apprentice: 7/7 | Bonded object spell cast: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Avasir wonders if he's seeing things, looks around for a moment, and when he sees nobody else is going to ask bristles himself past the potential embarrassment.

Casts detect magic, scans for illusions
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

"Did anybody else see that nice young gnome? It seemed like there was a fire drake trapped in her backpack and then she was gone!"


Yes Goblin Paladin 1

"She had FIRE in her backpack and it made her GO places! IT WAS SO COOLLLLL! I SURE HOPE THE ETERNAL ROSE HAS A FIREPACK FOR ME! I COULD MAKE PRETTY SKY-FIRE DRAWINGS!!!"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Wizard (illusionist... or is he?)
Avasir wrote:
Casts detect magic, scans for illusions

Ha! You can't anymore! This is the Playtest thread!

Mark Seifter wrote:
Now, illusions of a higher spell level than a detect magic cantrip can foil detection!

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13, t 13, ff 10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0, R+3, W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6, SM +4; low-light | Speed 30ft | Hand of the apprentice: 7/7 | Bonded object spell cast: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

I’m just a 1e elf trying to make it in a 2e world.

1 to 50 of 717 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cottonseed PbP PFS (2E playtest) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.