CotCT Gameplay Thread! (Inactive)

Game Master leinathan

A group of PCs brought together by a shared hatred are met with far more than just a decrepit criminal. Can they band together and save the day?

Map of Korvosa


501 to 550 of 1,824 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Global Buffs:

Verik leads Goffred up the stairs into a small room. The room has got a window on the north side of the room, a table festooned with fake coins and Harrow cards on the east, and four thin bedrolls laid out on the west wall. In the south wall is a door into a small office, and it is into this office that Verik brings Goffred. A large single desk stands to the east in this room, covered in a bedroll and several blankets and pillows. Another table stands to the west, and around it are three chairs. The table is coated in papers and reports. An exquisite, curved silver dagger has been jammed into the table's surface.

Verik offers you a chair, and sits in one himself. "As I'd said...this whole...meat thing wasn't exactly my idea. Actually, I've got this uh...lover, and she..."

He seems terribly embarrassed by having to admit this to you, but smiles at your attentiveness and forges on.

"Um, a lover. She kind of pulled some strings to get me to being a Watch Captain. Powerful woman, she, and beautiful.

If I was being full-disclosure with you, she's Vimanda Arkona. She asked me to open this place up again. I've no idea why, but how was I supposed to refuse?"

The remaining four members of the group settle down at the bottom of the stairs to wait.


Male Chelaxian Void Wizard 5

I'll do my best to help keep this scene short. Don't wanna make everyone wait too long!

Fredo sits in the proffered chair, leans forward, and steeples his fingers to take in Verik's story. He inhales sharply when he names his lover and patron. A powerful woman indeed.

"Refuse?" he muses. "I don't know." For all Fredo knew, refusing her request might have put Verik in great jeopardy. In its current state the Guard might not be able to protect him. "It depends on what she wanted, specifically. Did she just say she wanted the butchery open, or did she want you to leave the job she'd gotten you in order to open it?" How Verik answered would tell Fredo whether she wanted to feed the people, or to weaken the Guard, which in turn would speak to her political intentions.

The silver dagger stuck into the table keeps drawing Fredo's eye. It is not a new acquisition; he recognizes it from six years ago. "Did Vimanda give that to you?" he says, inclining his head slightly towards the weapon.

Do I believe him? Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
What do I know about the Arkonas? About Vimanda Arkona? Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Global Buffs:

Any of the rest of you doing stuff?

Verik sets his bow down on the ground beside him and sits back, crossing his legs casually.

"Well, she didn't tell me that I HAD to leave the guard, but we both knew that they wouldn't let me do this if I was still in the guard. You wouldn't happen to have any idea about why she'd do this, would you?"

He wrinkles his brow a bit. "Yeah, it's from Vimanda...Nice, isn't it?"

He doesn't appear to be acting duplicitous with you. The Arkonas live in Old Korvosa, and effectively rule the area. They are massively wealthy, and very private. Vimanda is the daughter of the family patriarch, and not much is known about her personally aside from her exotic beauty. The family is small, and not originally from Korvosa, coming here from Vudra a generation or two ago.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Bard 1/ Cleric 1 (hp 17/21)

Sure, why not.

Nostrum draws his greataxe and begins cleans his finger nails. After all, cleanliness is Rovagugliness.

Attack (Dirt): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Chelaxian Void Wizard 5

"Only the vaguest idea," says Fredo. "Whatever she needs from you, it requires that you be well thought of. A protector of the peace turned ad-hoc philanthropist! But she should be pleased you've found a way to stay with the Guard and to run this place." He suspects Vimanda wanted to use Verik to build a following outside Old Korvosa, but that is no doubt far from the end of her plan. Once her agent had gained the loyalty of the masses here, she might use them to sabotage her family's shipping rivals or even to support a coup! As for what she actually plans, that's anybody's guess.

Fredo does believe, however, that if his plans with Verik go forward, Vimanda will sense something out of place. After all, if Verik starts operating in the name of the Guard, the people he's feeding will feel grateful to the institution, and not to him personally. She, personally, will thus see her influence wane compared to what she had predicted. Verik should be safe enough, but he, Fredo, will expect a call from her. And that's just what he wants. What better opportunity could he ask for to determine if she paid for Lamm's "destructive services" as well?

"As for the dagger," he says slowly, "It looks Vudran, and could proclaim your connection to the Arkonas. If you want to get back in the Guard's good graces, it might not be wise to carry it around anymore. You know they frown on dual loyalties at the Citadel. Speaking of which," he says, pushing his chair back from the table and standing up, "we ought to be getting back there. Leave the thing behind, and lock the doors. You can reclaim it once we've got the injunction and can get All the World's Meat up and running again."


HP 44/44; AC 17, T 14, FF 13; F+7, R+8, W+3; CMD 21; Perc +10, Init +4

Given that Fredo may be up there for a while, Thaven is going to take 10 and search the premises for anything of interest.


Global Buffs:

@Downstairs. I'll get to Goffred later.

Thaven, breaking off from the group, begins to explore. There are six rooms and the animal corral in the lower floor of the butchery. The entrance hall contains nothing of value, but the large windows in the wall reveal a swiftly ending evening. There are two doors in the hallway that contains the staircase (besides the door to the entrance hall). One leads to a meat locker. This room is cool and has several cuts of meat hooked from the ceiling. The other leads to the killing floor, where animals are killed, blooded, and cut. The mechanisms for these purposes fill the room, and a large iron barrel filled with what amounts to waste products lies in the southeast corner. A door in the northern wall leads into another animal corral. Three cages are in this room, each containing mud, straw, and a water trough. The last pen, farthest from the wall, also contains two large boars.

Let me know if there's anywhere you want to focus. There's additional detail for each room.


Global Buffs:

@ Goffred

The man gulps when Goffred finally mentions leaving and going back to the Guard. "What makes you think that they won't just arrest me? I did kind of...mutiny. I abandoned my post. That's definitely an offense that's typically met with a jail sentence..."

"If you're so afraid of the dagger giving me away, why don't you keep it? It's a fine gift, and you're such a good friend... And if you're going to represent me legally, I've gotta pay you somehow, don't I?"


Male Chelaxian Void Wizard 5

"I said I'd work pro bono," says Fredo, grasping the dagger's handle, "and I meant it. But I can hang on to this 'til it's safe for you to carry it around again." He pulls it out of the table. It comes free very easily. Fredo takes a long look at it, then shoves it into his pack. He will examine it in more detail later.

"As for the Guard," says Fredo encouragingly, "they can't afford to jail you. You were a Sergeant, you know how much they need men on the streets now. They'll especially appreciate men who've gone out of their way to ingratiate themselves with the masses." Fredo knows that Cressida only plans to ask Verik why he'd chosen to desert, but revealing that would probably not be wise. He gives Verik a pat on the back instead. "I won't lie, there probably will be consequences when you return. They'll want explanations, and they'll probably bust you down from Sergeant. But jail? If they go that far I'll get them to commute or postpone your sentence."


HP 44/44; AC 17, T 14, FF 13; F+7, R+8, W+3; CMD 21; Perc +10, Init +4

I'd like to check in the slaughter room, please.


Global Buffs:

@Killing Floor

This chamber's floor is coated in deeply blood-stained straw, the result of so many slaughterings happening here. A metal track affixed to the ceiling and looping around the house dangles meathooks here and there, and is used to move large carcasses around the room. In the south end of the, a wide, 20-by-10 grill covers a wide hole in the ground. Just north of the grill, filling much of the center of the room, sit two large vats of water. One is filled with boiling water and the other with freezing water. To the east of the vats is a butcher block and two large barrels of salt, as well as some butchering implements (knives and the like). In the southeast corner is a reeking vat of cast-off waste meat and bones.

The grating is pretty firmly stuck into the ground and reveals a mostly flooded sewer.

Can I assume that you'll basically be rooting through everything? I'll put the results of some things in spoilers just in case.

If you personally check out the cesspool:
When you approach the the cesspool and begin searching it for anything suspicious, there is a small but fierce hiss from the inside of it. Clawing its way out of the pile of castaway meat is a reefclaw (a small reptilian creature with a four-jawed mouth and two overlarge claws, that propels itself like a snake on a long tail. It's also got long, red spines that run the length of its body.), and more quickly follow it. Three reefclaws eventually pull themselves out of the piles of meat to defend their food.

Roll for initiative.


Raijinn plays rock, paper, scissors with Akiki and Nostrum.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Bard 1/ Cleric 1 (hp 17/21)

Nostrum is confused by the term rock, paper scissors. The Brethren do play a similar game called guillotine, cobra and 'rocks falling and killing everyone'.


Global Buffs:

"Rocks fall", contract, longsword, basilisk, wizard. Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock.

Verik looks very skeptically at Goffred. "If...if you're sure leniency is in store for me...I suppose I can trust you and go back to the Citadel."

He'll reluctantly follow Goffred back down the stairs, and when he gets to the bottom and sees the bodies in the entrance room, he'll give a startled yell, one hand shooting to the spear haft protruding from his back. "What did you do!?!"

That isn't to say he was stabbed. There is a spear strapped to his back.


HP 44/44; AC 17, T 14, FF 13; F+7, R+8, W+3; CMD 21; Perc +10, Init +4

I'll avoid digging through sewage, I think. A man's honor only allows so much, you know...


Male Chelaxian Void Wizard 5

I was always taught stone, scroll, and scimitar...

"The big one knocked me down and came at me with his sword," says Fredo grimly, with a sad shake of his head, "and the little one tried to butcher my cat. I'm sorry if they were special to you, but once they started things, there was no other choice."

I don't know how available I'll be during the day. I'd appreciate not being dead when I come back. To that end...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Global Buffs:

Thought so, Thaven XD Also, Goffred, too bad, skewered!

Silver Crusade

Male Human Bard 1/ Cleric 1 (hp 17/21)

I'm pretty sure "rocks fall" is always the correct choice.

Nostrum begins to worry about how long Fredo is taking. He stops discussing childhood games with the others, makes sure his axe is ready and then listens for any sounds upstairs. He is ready to sprint up if he hears raised voices or the sound of combat.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Global Buffs:

Verik and Fredo are actually on the lower landing of the stairs now. Fredo's trying to explain how the fellow guards died.

"Special to me? No...no, they were just the ones that followed me here. It just shocked me to see them dead."

He stands contemplatively for a moment before continuing. "Is that the fate that awaits deserters? Death by greataxe?" He notes Nostrum's heavy frame and large bloody axe, and Raijinn's fierce scowl.


Male Chelaxian Void Wizard 5

"No..." explains Fredo patiently. "That is the fate of people who threaten me or my friends. Your followers attacked us, and we defended ourselves." Cat decouples herself from the wall and bounds over to Verik, twining herself around his legs and purring.


F Elf Rogue (Charlatan) 5

Akiki just eyes Fredo and his new friend cagily. She fingers her knife while they talk; not menacing in specific action, but probably menacing in general demeanor.


Global Buffs:

"Oh...Well, then I'm sorry they attacked you. You all seem like good folks."

He looks between the members of the group before finishing "So...we goin' back or have you all got stuff to do? And where's your friend that I shot earlier? I'd like to apologize to him."


HP 44/44; AC 17, T 14, FF 13; F+7, R+8, W+3; CMD 21; Perc +10, Init +4

Thaven grimaces. "Right here... No..apologies necessary." He mumbles through clenched teeth.


Male Chelaxian Void Wizard 5

Given the duration of Charm Person I'd like to get Verik back to the Citadel within an hour and a half.

"We do have errands here and there," says Fredo, thinking of the ex-Lambs under the care of Nostrum's Brother, "but nothing too urgent. We can head back to the Citadel now." He makes sure to stand between Thaven and Verik, if a little off to the side.


Global Buffs:

Verik mumbles an apology anyway, looking shifty eyed, and then shoots a glance to Fredo. "So we're going?"

He looks a little bit apprehensive while he lets the group lead him out of the butchery and out onto the street, on the way back to the fishery.

So I just checked the city map, and it looks to me that given the distance between the butchery and the Citadel, its gonna take more than an hour and a half to get back. Got a plan?


Male Chelaxian Void Wizard 5

Apart from "dip into the extra twenty minutes I didn't budget so that we'd have some leeway", there's always "be extra-nice to, and up front with, the charmed person during the duration of the spell so they won't question their behavior or the things they agreed to while charmed, and will continue along the same general trajectory". Both are, I think, viable plans. There's also defend the charmed person against another, outside, threat", but that's...rather hard for us PCs to arrange *wink*.

"Yes, we are," says Fredo, making sure to lead Verik out of the front door. At least there won't be any more surprises that way. On their way out, he carves "Closed for refurbishment, will reopen soon" on the doorpost with the silver dagger, and fills in the scratches with ink. "While we walk, it'd be a good idea to discuss our strategy. I can't ethically back you up if the story you tell the Guard when they question you disagrees with the story you told me. I would also advise telling them the whole story and trusting that they'll understand the mitigating circumstances, but that's up to you." He gives his companions a meaningful look to signal that what follows is as much for their benefit as Verik's. They don't yet know about his plans to keep feeding people out of All the World's Meat, and this is as good a time as any to bring them up to speed.

"After they're satisfied with your story, the negotiation really begins. Like I said in your office, the Guard wants people policing the streets, so you start from a position of strength. What's more, you can offer them your idea of turning All the World's Meat into a Guard station, continuing to feed people out of it, and thereby pacifying this area in the name of the Guard." At this, Cat jumps up onto Fredo's head and bats his balding pate insistently with her paw. Fredo ignores her outwardly, but she can feel his gratitude. "Accordingly, I think we should start by asking for full reinstatement as Sergeant, command over the All the World's Meat Guard station once title goes through, full pension and pay, and no disciplinary action. We can give on rank, command, pension, pay, disciplinary action, and station, in that order. Going into the negotiation, I would consider your being assigned to All the World's Meat as a regular Guard under another officer, with full Guardsman's pay and pension and no or minor disciplinary action, a success."


Global Buffs:

Wait, just kidding. There's a little scale thing on the map that I thought was different. Turns out the city's actually quite small.


Global Buffs:

So... is this dead? :P

The quintet escort Verik out of the butchery and into the streets. The charm spell works marvelously, and Verik follows Goffred like a lapdog through the streets of Korvosa, back to the Citadel. It only takes about a half an hour to walk there, and the trip goes without an incident, despite the nighttime coming on quickly. Presenting Goffred to the Field Marshall, Goffred lays out his plan, and the Field Marshal considers it. "There WILL be a full investigation", she says, "But feeding the needy is a righteous goal. The Guard is very understaffed, with the anarchy in the streets and all, to run a butchery, but if it could be reopened legally, that would be a boon. We will have to check out the practices with which they were running the place, of course. It wouldn't be as possible to easily open it if they were running the place through theft and murder."

In all, though, she promises to treat Verik well, and to accord his requests some merit, pending an investigation. At the conclusion of the conversation, she also hands over a small chest with one thousand gold pieces in it as payment for your services. "Thank you for this, and here is your compensation. I'll contact you again when I have another odd job for you."


The Harrow GM wrote:
So... is this dead? :P

I have been rather... indisposed, but am returned, good as new. Though now we seem to be at kind of a lull point.


Male Chelaxian Void Wizard 5
The Harrow GM wrote:
So... is this dead? :P

No. I for one was expecting a follow-up post to your Sunday post, and had nothing more to say after my Saturday post. Finals may also be playing a role.

"Thank you yourself," says Fredo as the chest passes under his nose. "That's a good idea to follow up. We didn't stay long; it only took a few minutes to retrieve Verik and convince him to come back with us. The most I could tell you about the way they ran the place is that the men manning the front didn't know how much they would pay for a cow. Maybe start with the ranchers who feel comfortable bringing their livestock to market in Korvosa, ask them if they were being harassed?

"But even if it turns out it wasn't being run honestly," Fredo pushes, "I don't see what impact it has on the Guard's ability to reopen the place as long as the Arbiters let you. You may lack men, but apparently not money," he says, gesturing toward the chest, "and the Guard isn't exactly supposed to make a profit. It's supposed to keep order. If ranchers can expect Guard protection when bringing in their livestock, they might feel more comfortable doing business in Korvosa again. The less hungry people are, the less likely they'll be to riot, and the less trouble you'll have to deal with. If you really want to cut manpower costs, hire a crew and put them under the command of a single Guard or pair of Guards."


F Elf Rogue (Charlatan) 5

I liiiiiiive! Nostrum seems to have disappeared though, Sadface.

Akiki is just oggling the chest of money. So ... much ... money. If she thought the gold bars were a lot, this is just ridiculous. She doesn't go digging around in it, having at least enough self control to keep herself from pouring the coins from hand to hand. But the rogue instinct is strong in this one.

She glances up at Fredo and his wheeling and dealing, a bit surprised maybe, but pleased with how intelligent he makes it all sound. Here she is, distracted by shiny things.


HP 44/44; AC 17, T 14, FF 13; F+7, R+8, W+3; CMD 21; Perc +10, Init +4

Thaven salutes and snaps to attention. He cringes a bit when Fredo criticizes the guards' behavior.


Global Buffs:

Hooray! People are alive! I was worried for a bit.

Kroft watches Goffred speak thoughtfully, one hand stroking a worry and exhaustion-lined face as she listens. She takes a moment before she takes her breath to respond. "You bring up a lot of good points. Truly, if a man like you was in a leadership position for an institution like this, it would run smoothly. I will certainly consider it, and I will get back to you. Remember, everything is pending on our investigation of Verik's desertion. Now please, get some rest. It's late, and I'm sure you're exhausted. You may use the barracks here if you wish, and I'm sure you have your own arrangements. As I said, I'll contact you again when I need you."

With that, she dismisses you; she's a busy woman, and has a lot to do. You're ushered out of her office and onto the castle Grounds.

So basically you have a day or two of downtime now. It's late, though. The sun is setting.


HP 44/44; AC 17, T 14, FF 13; F+7, R+8, W+3; CMD 21; Perc +10, Init +4

Thaven salutes, turns on his heel and steps out.

Do we have any loot to share between us? If so, how much?


Global Buffs:

Nothing was taken from the butchery. There is a 1000gp reward from the Guard to share from Kroft, though. And I don't see that you have the 3 gold bars owed you from the Queen awhile ago.


Male Chelaxian Void Wizard 5

"Thank you," says Fredo, clearly appreciating the flattery. Despite how much he enjoys being told he would make a good commander, it troubles him slightly, in light of his dream and how quickly and successfully he resorted to mind-altering magic, to hear it. "I must say in return that I suspect the Guard would be significantly worse off were it not for your efforts to sustain it. That being the case, I will look forward to when you do get back to me, in the faith that your decision will be wise. If Verik wants to see me, please let me know," he says, heading to the door. "To that end, I think I will stay in the barracks tonight. I do have a few errands to run, but I should be back within a couple of hours."

Once he steps out the door, Fredo shares his planned itinerary with the others. "It occurs to me that it would be wise to disperse somewhat our curative capacity," he says, feeling a little ridiculous. The words coming out of his mouth are needlessly loquacious, and might be insulting to Nostrum. This is obviously to compensate for Nostrum's hopefully temporary inactivity, but Fredo doesn't know that. Nevertheless, he continues. "To that end, I would like to see if I can find a scholar willing to share the knowledge of how to do so with me. Once that is done, I would like to meet you at the house of Nostrum's Brethren, to move the children to the Citadel. Is that acceptable?" He looks towards Nostrum and Akiki for their responses, since they're the people with the most stake in where the ex-Lambs end up.

Once ensconced back in the Citadel, Fredo plans to probe Vimanda's silver dagger for any secrets it may contain, and to try to find any references to her in Lamm's files.

GM:
Aaaand here's some rolls to expedite matters.

Where can I find a scroll of infernal healing? Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

That scroll should cost 50 gp: the base price of a scroll plus the price of a flask of unholy water. I'd then like to scribe the spell into my spellbook. I didn't prepare read magic today, so let's see if I can: Spellcraft vs. DC 16: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

If I can, scribing the spell should cost me a further 10 gp.

After all that's done and the kids are back in the Citadel - assuming folks go along with that plan - I'll examine Vimanda's dagger with detect magic, having first cleared the immediate area of all items I know to bear magic auras, and concentrate on the dagger for three rounds. What, if anything, do I detect?


Global Buffs:

Goffred:
You can find the scroll at the curiously empty but still open-for-business main market in the center of town. Paying the 60gp, you do successfully scribe it into your spellbook.

The dagger detects as magic, but not of any specific school, and won't reveal any specific powers.

Will wait on IC developments for other things.


F Elf Rogue (Charlatan) 5

Akiki nods. She's not really sure what to make of Nostrum's brethren. She likes Nostrum well enough, and she trusts him insofar as the twitchy rogue trusts anyone. But whoever taught him his religion is obviously off and she wasn't sure she wanted to leave the kids there in the first place. With no other options at the spur of the moment she'd agreed, but she seems happy to get her sister and the others out to more, uh, normal climes.

She spends some time with them getting them settled at the Citadel.


Raijinn finds Goffred's criticism of the guard both accurate and amusing, but bites his tongue, knowing too well how most people view his kind. The last thing that Raijinn needed was to be thrown into a dungeon to rot. So much fear in the world. he thought to himself. He surprised himself by wanting the best for Verik. There weren't enough people who were trying to do the right thing, even if they weren't necessarily going about it in the best way. It was still better than not trying at all.

As the group was given the chest of gold, Raijinn stared at the contents, unsure of what to make of it. He doesn't move to remove any of the coins from the chest, nor to take the chest itself. With little else to be done until being called on again, he retreats to the barracks to meditate.

If the barracks are empty, he may toy with trying to use magic, but nothing will come of it.


HP 44/44; AC 17, T 14, FF 13; F+7, R+8, W+3; CMD 21; Perc +10, Init +4

Thaven spends the down time watching the hippogriff riders from afar, recalling the many faults that lead to his downfall and feeling, strangely enough, empty after the death of Lamm. Helping the city has given him a purpose, but despite that, he doesn't seem to miss the Sable Company as much as he thought he would. Could it be that his ambitions were simply to fulfill some desire to please his father? Is there another path that would suit him better? He spends a great deal of time thinking, whittling away at arrows as he does.


Global Buffs:

Goffred's trip to the market is easy and quick: he gets in an out without trouble, but the market is very curiously empty.

Still, he finds a magic item dealer: a gnome named Halungalom. The man sells him his scroll of infernal healing, and Goffred returns to the Citadel to pick up Akiki.

Akiki and Goffred go to the Brethren's chapel, and Brother Jael recognizes them when they arrive, and seems okay with having children there, if a little bit stressed. The pair pick the children up and walk back to the Citadel.

The Citadel is a curiously comfortable place for the group, and the children, to stay. It's on a skeleton crew, so the only people there are guardsmen getting a few hours' rest and the minimum necessary for manning the castle's defenses. The children quickly liven up upon arriving and begin to play in the huge amount of space that's available to them. When Akiki and Goffred return to the Citadel, however, the Field Marshall wants to see them again.

She looks haggard as ever when they return to her office, but her voice and stance are still strong. She speaks to the pair, "I believe I have a place for the children, but I wanted to know what you thought first. The thing is, this city isn't the safest place for orphans at the moment, and the Guard aren't particularly equipped to take care of a bunch of children right now. So, a friend of the Guard volunteered to take them. The thing is, they're a bit...unconventional."


Are we all with the Field Marshal, or just Akiki and Goffred?


Male Chelaxian Void Wizard 5
Raijinn wrote:
Are we all with the Field Marshal, or just Akiki and Goffred?

Does it matter? IMO, Akiki should have the first crack at a response whoever is present.


Male Human Dungeon Master 2/Fop 1

Just Akiki and Goffred, and Raijinn and Thaven had other things to do. You can include yourselves if you like in an IC post, but my original intent was for that pair to be called up, as they were the ones to go for the children.


HP 44/44; AC 17, T 14, FF 13; F+7, R+8, W+3; CMD 21; Perc +10, Init +4

Thaven's whittlin'. Besides, the kids are great and swell and all, but he's not really concerned with them. Now if you wanted to give them weapons and turn them into a small fighting force?


F Elf Rogue (Charlatan) 5

"What friend of the guard is that?" Akiki asks, raising her eyebrows at her. She doesn't seem hostile to the idea, but wary.


Male Chelaxian Void Wizard 5
Thaven Jack wrote:
Thaven's whittlin'. Besides, the kids are great and swell and all, but he's not really concerned with them. Now if you wanted to give them weapons and turn them into a small fighting force?

That's despicable. I love it. Lancet Street Irregulars, anyone?

What's more, if this "friend of the Guard" is who I think it is, it's not terribly unlikely.

"Whoever they are, they probably live outside the city proper," says Fredo, resisting the urge to smack himself on the forehead. He has just remembered that Zellara could tell him more about Vimanda's dagger. Holding on to this realization lest it slip away again, he seems distracted and confident with letting Akiki take the lead in the conversation. "But where?" he muses. "Communities like Harse, Abken and Sirathu don't see much of the Guard, and Biston loves the organization not at all. Baslwief? Melfesh? They'd be friendlier."


Goffred Giulianoff wrote:
Thaven Jack wrote:
Thaven's whittlin'. Besides, the kids are great and swell and all, but he's not really concerned with them. Now if you wanted to give them weapons and turn them into a small fighting force?
That's despicable. I love it. Lancet Street Irregulars, anyone?

Omgyes


Global Buffs:

"A fellow by the name of Thousand Bones.", the Marshall replies. "He's a Varisian shaman that's an important member of the Sklar-Quah clan and their ambassador here. He's volunteered to take the children away from Korvosa and to a safer place."


Global Buffs:

Did I say Varisian? I really meant Shoanti.

501 to 550 of 1,824 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / CotCT Gameplay Thread! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.