AC 18, touch 15, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +5 Dex)
hp 28 (5d8)
Fort +1, Ref +9, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments
Defensive Abilities evasion, uncanny dodge; Immune sleeps
Speed 30 ft.
Melee +1 silver rapier +8 (1d6+2/18-20) and
. . sickle +6 (1d6+1)
Ranged composite longbow +8 (1d8+2/×3)
Special Attacks sneak attack +3d6
Str 14, Dex 20, Con 11, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 12
Feats Combat Reflexes, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (dagger)
Traits: Canter, Missing Child (Sibling)
Skills Acrobatics +10, Appraise +8, Bluff +9, Climb +9, Diplomacy +9, Disable Device +12, Disguise +7, Escape Artist +8, Fly +5, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (local) +11, Linguistics +7, Perception +11, Ride +5, Sense Motive +5 (+10 to intercept a secret message), Sleight of Hand +12, Stealth +12, Swim +5, Use Magic Device +9; Racial Modifiers +2 Perception, rogue talents (honeyed words, weapon training)
Languages Common, Draconic, Drow Sign Language, Elven, Gnome, Sylvan
SQ elven magic, weapon familiarity, natural born liar, grand hoax
Other Gear studded leather, composite longbow, dagger, dagger, sickle,
Canter If someone uses Bluff to give you a secret message, they get +5, if you attempt to intercept a secret message with Sense Motive, you get +5.
Step 1: Write 5 background and concept elements that you feel are important to your image of the character. These can be a concept overview, a list of important life events, a physical description, a personality profile...whatever you need to get an image in your mind. 5 is just a minimum...more elements are encouraged!
- Akiki is a street orphan. She was raised among thieves and beggars, and has only since becoming an adult managed to turn her fate. She still fights these ties sometimes, and is still by no means wealthy.
- Born and raised in Korvosa of course - there are not many elves there at all, and Akiki and her family were never what you'd call integrated. Her mother would never tell her what she was running from to land them in such poverty, and Akiki's father died just shortly before they came to the city.
- Akiki is working hard to get out of her situation for the sake of her little sister Semelle - she's been working hard at stealing from higher-profile targets for a while now. But Semelle has disappeared ... and Akiki will do anything to get her little sister back.
- Akiki would like to be an opportunist, or a pragmatist, and someone that can live by her wits. But she isn't. Time being hungry and seeing some of the true horrors that the poor experienced around her leaves her for a soft spot for others in that position. Thus, she'd like, in the long run, to take on a sort of 'Robin Hood' persona for people like her.
- She rarely has to fight, but will to save her skin or get out of trouble. In most situations, her first instinct is to hide or lie or otherwise slip her way out of problems. She's recently stolen the bow ... and is debating whether to sell it or not. Its worth a lot, but she is also naturally good at using it and can see how that might be handy.
List at least two goals for the character. At least one of these goals should be one that the character has, while another should be one that you, as a player, want to see developed over the course of the game.
1. Akiki's immediate and most pressing goal is to find her sister Semelle, and pay back whatever bastard took her.
2. In the long run, she wants to get her family out of poverty, and in more of a pipe-dream way ... she wants to improve conditions for everyone in Korvosa.
3. My goal for her should be to become more of a hero. She'll start out more interested in herself (with an undeniable conscience always dragging her into complicated situations) - and hopefully change over time to be a real hero.
List at least two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet.
Known - Akiki doesn't tell her sister or her family what she does to make the money she does. She's a criminal herself, but doesn't want them dragged into her world; its part of the reason she's so angry about Semelle being taken, and potentially working for Gaeden.
Unknown - Akiki's father isn't dead - their mother just told her that because it was easier ... he left them after things became difficult with Semelle in the house. They don't know where he is ... but he might come poking his head up again if he thinks Akiki can do anything for him.
Describe at least three people that are tied to the character. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile. If you like, you can include an enemy of yours here as well, so I have an instant NPC nemesis to throw at you.
1. Semelle - A young elf that looks a lot like Akiki. She is not actually oblivious of what Akiki does for a living, but pretends she is. Its possible she ran away to help her sister provide for their mother.
2. Ranken - A human that happened to grow up near the elf in recent years. Of course, Akiki was already mostly grown by then, but she has a fondness for the teenager as someone who 'grew up with her' anyway. He works at his father's general store and can be counted on to sell things without asking where Akiki got them.
3. Nimoe - Ranken's father. He does not approve of the elf or her relationship with his son, and will chase her out of his shop any time she appears.
Describe three memories, mannerisms, or quirks that your character has. They don't have to be elaborate, but they should provide some context and flavor.
1. Akiki doesn't remember 'better times' and she doesn't remember her father at all, but she does remember moving to Korvosa and how difficult it was. She remembers a lot of being hungry. She has a particular soft spot for anyone who is hungry.
2. Akiki likes to sleep high up. Ranken likes to tease her about her ancestors sleeping in trees. The elf has always preferred lofts and roofs to beds in more normal places.
3. Akiki remembers one time when she had enough money to buy a fancy pastry. She's had a sweet tooth since then, but not much chance to eat anything that would satisfy it.