Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


13,201 to 13,250 of 26,346 << first < prev | 260 | 261 | 262 | 263 | 264 | 265 | 266 | 267 | 268 | 269 | 270 | next > last >>

Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

str: 1d20 ⇒ 14

On phone awkward typing for hour


Evil GM

Andrea slides towards the door and she is 5 foot closer now. Make another Str check


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Sense motive 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Perception 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36

"I'm fine Trouble, just feeling a bit squashed."


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn watches Truk prepare to help Lucrezia and keeps an eye on the surroundings. Keep your mind on the situation Zizmort. Truk...what are you thinking?

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23


Evil GM

Lucrezia read Truk's spoiler.

I will reveal the perception checks once I get another Str check, two checks if the first one fails, from Andrea. She is is two rounds behind Truk in the action, since he took off his armor.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

I need a little help here!

str: 1d20 ⇒ 8


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Well Faelyn, if something is about to attack, I can sure fight it better naked than stuck to this damn door."


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn looks at Lucrezia a little confused then it hits him. I am asking what he thinks might be the trouble. I wasn't speaking about you. I will be little help getting you off of the door. I am preparing to attack something should it threaten us.


[Fem Elf][Inq1/Ninja5][Init:+4][Perc:+12][33HP][AC:21(23)(Touch:14(15)(FF:17(18)][Fort+3][Ref+8][Will+4]

Shadow does her best to stop Andrea from sliding into the trapped door., though she continues to look around for anything which might take advantage of the parties current situation.

Str Check:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20(Plus 'Low light' being an Elf and all.)


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Maybe it's the being stripped part, but I totally misread "parties" as "panties" and had to reread Shadow's post. I mean really, I'm being stripped by Truk, can't she guess the current situation of my panties?


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

You don't wear any? Just get in the way.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
Maybe it's the being stripped part, but I totally misread "parties" as "panties" and had to reread Shadow's post. I mean really, I'm being stripped by Truk, can't she guess the current situation of my panties?

lol! Commando is the only way to go!


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

So it looks like we will need to invest in lighter armor. Everyone buya haversack to carry around some leather, and have Faelyn research 'Detect magnetic trap'


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

I left my mithril chain shirt at the safehouse. :(

......along with my panties.


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:

I need a little help here!

[dice=str]1d20

Andrea suddenly gets pulled in and smacks the strange stone door, next to Lucrezia. Barely missing the dwarf's battleaxe. Her body clinging tightly to the door. Andrea slips through he diving elf's finger tips as she lands between Grimm and Orsin, pushing Orsin back 5 ft.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia looks over at Andrea.

"Hey there, how's it hanging?"


Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
"Well Faelyn, if something is about to attack, I can sure fight it better naked than stuck to this damn door."

YES...YES, master let her fight naked...we luvssssss nakedness...we do, we do.!'


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:

I left my mithril chain shirt at the safehouse. :(

......along with my panties.

No doubt Truk is wearing them.

Get my armor off please, Truk.


[Fem Elf][Inq1/Ninja5][Init:+4][Perc:+12][33HP][AC:21(23)(Touch:14(15)(FF:17(18)][Fort+3][Ref+8][Will+4]

Shadow runs forwards and helps Andrea out of her...clothes...?

How much is Andrea wearing under her fighting gear, any ways?


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"In a minute", Truk barks.

"With any luck, Lucrezia will be able to shut this thing down once she's free..."


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:
So it looks like we will need to invest in lighter armor. Everyone buya haversack to carry around some leather, and have Faelyn research 'Detect magnetic trap'

I absolutely get a thrill out using magnetic doors, floors and walls. Its the bane to the heavy AC character. Oh, this was not in the AP

Lucrezia's earlier perception check.

The last bit of daylight flickers out of view and you can see to the east (top of the map) a wispy trail of dark fluff.

Truk you did not see anything with your earlier perception check.

Grimm, orsin, John can make percpetion check

Faelyn and fluer you do not see anything but notice the main dining hall is still.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia tries to point in the direction of the dark fluff. "Just what the hell is that?"


Evil GM

Fluer as you scramble forward I need you to make DC15 Str. check to hold onto your weapon.


Evil GM
Truk'tosh wrote:

"In a minute", Truk barks.

"With any luck, Lucrezia will be able to shut this thing down once she's free..."

It take 1 minute to remove a breastplate and you've been working on it 18 seconds (3 RD). Andrea has yet to begin getting out of hers


Evil GM

Lucrezia Only:
YOu've fought enough shadows to know its some type of shadow rounding the corner at the top of the map. It looks a bit different in that it seems distorted and stretched.


[Fem Elf][Inq1/Ninja5][Init:+4][Perc:+12][33HP][AC:21(23)(Touch:14(15)(FF:17(18)][Fort+3][Ref+8][Will+4]

Bah! Happy to throw it at the door so as not to hurt any one. :P

With Shadows strength, she's not going to keep hold of it until we turn off the magic magnets. :P

Throw Check:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11(+7 to throw.-4 with no 'Throw anything' skill)

It should not be that hard to hit an empty spot on the door...(¬_¬)


Evil GM

Fluer's weapon is semi-directed towards the top of the one of the double doors. and it thunks loudly.

I didn't realize that you had mithral agile breast plate on, you need DC15 Str or you are sliding int to the door.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea starts working to get her mail shirt off.

At least I have my old suit of leather still at home.


[Fem Elf][Inq1/Ninja5][Init:+4][Perc:+12][33HP][AC:21(23)(Touch:14(15)(FF:17(18)][Fort+3][Ref+8][Will+4]

Now you tell me.....

Str Check:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

"Whaaaaaaa...!"

Acrobatics Check:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

*THUNK*

And Shadow ends up pinned to the door besides Andrea.

"Well...do I at least get points for trying..?" She asks quietly, even as she too begins to wriggle and squirm to release the straps and buckles now pining her to the door.

Escape Artist:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Oh wow. Hey there, us Calsitrians need to stick together. Andrea keps working on her mail shirt.


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:

Andrea starts working to get her mail shirt off.

At least I have my old suit of leather still at home.

chain shirt takes 1 minute to get off


Evil GM

Hey watch where you are touching right now...later...I say.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Uhm, I think that's a shadowbeastie thingy approaching us. If we toss the light stones around us will that be enough light to scare it away? 'Cause you know it's kinda hard to fight right now..."


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Light stones are in the haversack, pull them out and spread them around.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Faelyn, Zizzy, get the stones out. Hurry!"


Evil GM

MAP

Initiative:

Andrea: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Orsin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Truk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Fluer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Lucrezia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
John: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Grimm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Faelyn: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Faelyn, grimms 2nd casting of his ability: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Shadow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
distorted shadow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Initiatives:
Grimm
Shadow creature
Andrea
Faelyn
Distorted Shadow
Fluer
John
Lucrezia
Truk
Orsin

There are two shadows approaching.


[Fem Elf][Inq1/Ninja5][Init:+4][Perc:+12][33HP][AC:21(23)(Touch:14(15)(FF:17(18)][Fort+3][Ref+8][Will+4]

When does Shadow get a second 'Escape' check top speed things up?

Wait! Two 'SHADOWS'? Or two 'Shadow BEASTS'! BIG Difference!


Evil GM

You can make a knowledge religion or planes


Evil GM
.Shadow. wrote:
When does Shadow get a second 'Escape' check top speed things up?

Initiative is posted but if you want to post, if you will be off line feel free to post tow or three actions. These are shadows, undead incorporeal. YOu need DC 15 str check to break the hold and get over 5ft out of its magnetic grasp.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Buffs up
Magic Circle Against Evil on Orsin(+2 AC/Saves 10' radius 70 minutes)

Andrea looks to the Shadow approaching down the hall and her circlet glows, sending a beam of light at the shadow creature.

Searing Light touch attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 163d8 ⇒ (6, 2, 6) = 14

Religon: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Shadows tend to get lumped in with Shadowbeasts since there are several kinds like Shadowgarms and whatnot.


[Fem Elf][Inq1/Ninja5][Init:+4][Perc:+12][33HP][AC:21(23)(Touch:14(15)(FF:17(18)][Fort+3][Ref+8][Will+4]
DM Baldwin wrote:
You need DC 15 str check to break the hold and get over 5ft out of its magnetic grasp.

Bugger THAT! I want OUT of my armor! Escape artist check please!

"Oooo...cr@p, cr@p, cr@p, cr@p, cr@p!" Shadow mutters as true terrors of the night slink forwards.

Since it looks like Andrea and Shadow are 'sharing space' upon the doors (^_~)

"Well...they kind of have to go through me to get to you." Shadow smiles wanly to Andrea, trying to make some silver lining out of their current predicament.

"Think of me as snug-able extra-health." (^_^)

Really looking forwards to that next dice roll for escapologist! *frets*


Evil GM

DMPC Grimm:

He already cast his protection from evil again (4 out of 5 spells used, I believe from his profile), pull his magical warhammer, and swift action cast his judgment protection. (not sure how many judgements he has used so far...Grimm can update that stat.).

he does realize that the shadow approaching is coming from Faelyn and John's side and he will ahve to cross the magnetic field to engage. (DC17 Str for armor and DC15 str for weapon. If his armor is mithral and agile then its DC15 Str check.)


Evil GM

TA: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The Shadow approaching from the bottom of the map will touch attack Zizmort. Missing


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:

Buffs up

Magic Circle Against Evil on Orsin(+2 AC/Saves 10' radius 70 minutes)

Andrea looks to the Shadow approaching down the hall and her circlet glows, sending a beam of light at the shadow creature.

[dice=Searing Light touch attack]1d20+5;3d8

[dice=Religon]1d20+10

Shadows tend to get lumped in with Shadowbeasts since there are several kinds like Shadowgarms and whatnot.

Andrea's touch attack hits and the searing light hurts the approaching shadow.

Andrea's Know Rel check:

You know this is a shdow type - known as a distorted shadow, at least the one you see. A distorted shadow has 10 foot reach.

It is undead so no death effects, ability damage or drain, disease, mind effecting, paralysis, sleep, stun, or poisons work.

Incorporeal: magical weapons only but they still do only 1/2 damage. Holey water works. Spells only hit for half damage unless they are Force spells. there touch passes through nat armor, armor, and shield, although deflection and force bonsues work.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk continues to aggressively undress Lucrezia (although the closing shadows puts a damper on his mood).

So 6 more rounds until she's out of the armor? Would it be possible to just pull her off the wall instead?

Grimm has 3 Judgements. This will be his 2nd. I thought Grimm's weapon got stuck to the magnet earlier?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

His axe narrowly missed my head.
And don't bother pulling me off cause I will likely just get stuck again. :(


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Depending on the distances involved it might be possible to tear you off and drag you to cover fairly quickly. What do you think Baldwin?


Evil GM
Truk'tosh wrote:

Truk continues to aggressively undress Lucrezia (although the closing shadows puts a damper on his mood).

So 6 more rounds until she's out of the armor? Would it be possible to just pull her off the wall instead?

Grimm has 3 Judgements. This will be his 2nd. I thought Grimm's weapon got stuck to the magnet earlier?

his battleax is stuck, he is using his magical warhammer.

You can try to pull her off the magnet...Str. DC17...DC19 to move her to a side hex, AF21, off the door.


F Undead Erinyes NPC

"Eek...there's gotta be kill switch somewhere around. to turn the magnet off.

13,201 to 13,250 of 26,346 << first < prev | 260 | 261 | 262 | 263 | 264 | 265 | 266 | 267 | 268 | 269 | 270 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.