Arcanium ~ A New World

Game Master BloodWolven

Present Quick fight!

Fight Map!!!

You have died and the gods have decided for one reason or another to give you another chance. This chance is to start anew as you are with a special ability in a mystical world of monsters and adventure.

It is an Isekai game, a reference to a situation in which characters find themselves transported to an alternate dimension or universe.


1,201 to 1,250 of 1,709 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Surprise Round

Caught unaware she is flat footed.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
With reflexes born from a steady morning regiment, Joe lift Excalibur and thrusts the magical blade at the creature.
Excalibur: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Dmg.: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Excalibur is made of cold iron if it matters.


Surprise Round

As the creature begins to burst from the debris Delman blasts it as Joe quickly sidesteps to strike it down as it jumps forward.

The initial battle over before it starts.

Round 1

Two more blue lions come around a wall to be 10 feet ahead of the group. One comes along the top of a wall closest to Ryada. Three more have moved in behind the group, 20 feet from Jellena. Map will be up soon.

initiatives:

Jellena: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Delman: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Ryada: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Artemis: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Frank: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Joe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Blue Lion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Silver Crusade

Male HP 47/45 | AC: 22 /T: 14 /FF: 18 | Perc. +5 | F: +6 / R: +3 /W: +4 | CMB +10 | CMD 27 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +8|

Looks like some Init Roll offs are needed for the 15's so Init Roll off: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Round 1

Frank notice the creature and charges forward like a cat. He pounces.

[ooc]Full Acton Panthera on the Hunt as part of charge

Charge: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 33
Charge Confirmation: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 33

Damage: 2d6 + 18 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 3) + 18 + (1) = 26


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Round 1

Noticing the blue lion above Ryada, Joe readies an attack should the aberration leap and attack.

Readied Attack:
Excalibur: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Dmg.: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 Wow! Same attack! Same damage as before!


Round 1

Frank cuts down one of the lions with a surge of energy. Joe waits and once the lion above charges down he swings and gives it a grievous wound, though it does not stop the creature as it bites Ryada. Ryada quickly takes a few steps back and throws some electricity into the beasts face knocking it down, she grabs her arm where she was bit and grimaces. At the back Jellena charges forward with her lightsaber and with her charge she slices off a few tentacles. Delman looks at these creatures trying to remember anything but nothing comes to him. He fires a ray at the other lion near Frank, it burns but only leaves behind a single singe mark.

Everyone go ahead and post for round 2, artemis catch up when you can.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 47/45 | AC: 22 /T: 14 /FF: 18 | Perc. +5 | F: +6 / R: +3 /W: +4 | CMB +10 | CMD 27 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +8|

Frank acts quickly looking at Joe.

"We can bring it down together. Follow my lead!"

With that said he takes up a charge against the last lion creature summoning up his warlord inspiration of his Brave Gambit aiding his attack as well as inspiring his friends weapons to wound the creature more. Franks blow is precise and near deadly leaving the creature clutching to life awaiting Joe and his Holy Blade.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Frank Steel wrote:

Frank acts quickly looking at Joe.

"We can bring it down together. Follow my lead!"

Round 2

Joe looks to the warlord and nods, rushing toward the leonine aberration and slicing deeping into it with Excalibur.


Round 2

The two lions next to Joe and Frank lie dead before them, the black ichor like blood stains your weapons slightly and any spray seems to cling to your clothes more. Artemis, Delman and Ryada aim at the wounded lion that Delman already hit and take it down, leaving only two left being held at bay by Jellena.

The blue lions are surprisingly quiet as they die and as they fight, no huffs and puffs from their exertions and simple mews and biological sounds as the creatures die.

Go Round 3

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

Round 2

She continues to attack with defense in mind, using the lightsaber as a good excuse for them to avoid attacking her as well. Taking more tentacles as they bite and swing those tentacles at her. She almost gets nipped but twists out of the way.

Round 3

She keeps her defense up though still striking at the beasts, luck is still not with her but she smiles as she knows her allies will soon enough.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Round 3
The paladin retreats back to his original position next to Ryada. The elf bard still wincing from the painful bite.
"Let me see the wound!" Joe asks quickly, checking his surroundings.


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

Round 3

Ryada smiles at the attention but quickly points out, "Jellena needs our aid, help her first."

With that she charges up and unleashes another electrical charge at one of the blue lions.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 47/45 | AC: 22 /T: 14 /FF: 18 | Perc. +5 | F: +6 / R: +3 /W: +4 | CMB +10 | CMD 27 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +8|

Frank sees Jellena defending on her own and as he has started getting closer with her feels anxious that she could be in danger.

He charges forward as well unleashing his blade in an arc that cuts into both creatures with one swing.

"You alright Jellena?"


Male Human | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) | Active Conditions: None

Round 1
Aiming his gun towards one of the blue lions, cursing a bit under his breath as he fails to steady his breath, the shot barely whizzing by them as it goes hits a wall further down into the complex.
Round 2
Making sure to catch his breath a little, Artemis would aim towards the one Delman hit, making sure to hit it as the beast falls down to the ground, dead.
Round 3
Looking up at the two lions near Jellena, Artemis would aim for the one Ryada didn't hit with her electrical charge, humming a bit as he hits it dead in the chest, hoping it to falls over dead.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Round 4
Joe dashes back over to the oracle, narrowly missed by a leonine claw. The paladin stabs Excalibur into ground, freeing his hand.
"Um..sorry", the holy warrior apologizes at Jellena as he touches her exposed neck with his hand to Lay on Hands
LoH: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Crud..

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

Still facing the lions that appear to have been slain, she smiles as she is healed but quickly slashes down cutting a stray tentacle that may have done the paladin harm. Moving away from the bodies she says a bit stern to Joe, "Always remain armed." Then she smiles and warmly thanks each of you, "Joe thank for the healing. Frank thank you for coming to my side. Artemis, Ryada, and Delman thank you for the support. There may be many more of these things. Hold here as I consult the Mistress. Among the carnage of death I can commune as easily as at the temple." She sits down with crossed legs and begins to quietly chant to herself.

She gasps and her eyes roll up and behind, then the strong voice of the Mistress reveals riddles, "The revenant that protects the portal to another realm could become a great ally should his immortality be broken with a ring. Mark yourself with the inhcor with a circle and a cross breaking it and sanctuary shall be yours. Dechiper these riddles to help your present journey." Then Jellena returns a bit paler. She thinks for a moment and asks, "What does it mean?!"

Wisdom DC 15 to be given a more clear part of the riddle.

Wis DC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Joe frowns slightly at Jellena's admonishment as he retakes Excalibur from the ground. It's Lay on Hands! I need at least one hand free to do that. And taking off a shield takes longer than not holding a sword!
Even so, it looks like Jellena took my channeled energy like a champ, not c#mming in her pants like last time. It must be triggered by large amounts of healing energy.

Wis Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
"Well, a revenant is normally a dead guy. He's protecting the portal. He might not be doing it of his own volition. He might be able to die if we break his forced existence. With a ring. We might be able to break the ring if we mark ourselves with gross stuff in the form of a cross in a circle. And doing that might not have these aberrations constantly attacking us."
"That is my current guess", states the paladin.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 47/45 | AC: 22 /T: 14 /FF: 18 | Perc. +5 | F: +6 / R: +3 /W: +4 | CMB +10 | CMD 27 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +8|

Wis check: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Frank nods along with Joe assessment as he is a bit lost on his own.


Joe:
You are pretty sure you are on the money with your guesses. Though the word sanctuary resonates with you. You are sure if someone does mark themselves with the inchor like blood correctly and then attacks something it won't protect you any more.

rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 20 Delman
1d20 ⇒ 12 Ryada


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

Ryada comes up to Joe smiling, she tilts her head to one side in concern and asks warmly, "Is something wrong? Did you want to check on my bite? Thank you for your concern."

She isn't very aware of things and has no input on the current subject besides agreeing with Joe, "That sounds very intuitive Joe. So should we then put the gross stuff on ourselves?"


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

The paladin snaps out of his deep thought, and addresses the elf maiden.
"Ryada! Yes! Your bite. Sorry," Joe apologizes and gestures toward Ryada's injured arm. Shaking off his shield, the holy warrior places his hand carefully on the injury, and speaks low in a kind of whisper to the bard.
"This is Lay on Hands. Looks like you got your wish."
LoH: 1d6 ⇒ 6 NICE!

Ryada wrote:
She isn't very aware of things and has no input on the current subject besides agreeing with Joe, "That sounds very intuitive Joe. So should we then put the gross stuff on ourselves?"

"It sure seems that way. The blue blood of these aberrations seems to be the most ready source," Joe hypothesizes, reequipping his shield. I've really gotta clean this thing sometime soon.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

With a sly grin Jellena begins to say "I think I have a good idea what ring it is talking about..." She then considers Joe's words and pouts out her lips as she wonders if she had thought correctly.

"Well either way it is worth a try, we can easily clean it off if needed. Thanks to Joe and prestidigitation." She then kneels down and takes some of the black blood and makes a circle on her arm then a cross that goes over the edges of the circle.

Silver Crusade

HP: 21/19_ AC: 22 _ T: 22 _FF: 14_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +1[/ooc]_Init: +4_Fort: +3_Ref: +4_Will: +1_CMB: +0_CMD: 14_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +8_Bluff +0 _ Climb -1 _ Diplomacy +0 _ Escape Artist +4 _ Heal +1 _ Intimidate +0 _ Sense Motive +1 _ Stealth +8 _ Survival +1 _ Swim -1 _

He nods in agreement with the group and murmurs out loud, "immortality be broken, seems to simple to kill the revenant. Also how can we gain a great ally if it dies? We need something to break the immortality or a ring to bypass... Well perhaps it will reveal itself when we face it. Well perhaps the immortality it talking about being undead, and a raise dead spell or resurrection spell could reverse it being undead breaking the immortality, perhaps... does anyone have something like that?"


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

"Thank you Joe!" she practically squeals and gives him a quick peck on his cheek. She nods and takes up some of the goo and draws a circle on Joe's shield and then a cross that breaks the edges of the circle before making a similar shape on her arm like Jellena. "There you go!" She states with a wide smile looking at the symbol she has made for Joe.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Ryada wrote:
She nods and takes up some of the goo and draws a circle on Joe's shield and then a cross that breaks the edges of the circle before making a similar shape on her arm like Jellena. "There you go!" She states with a wide smile looking at the symbol she has made for Joe.

The paladin blushes from the incredibly-soft kiss on the cheek from the elven bard. "Um, you're welcome."

"Do you mind putting another sigil on my forehead? Just to be safe."
Joe looks over to his warlock friend. "An ally doesn't have to be for any great amount of time, Delman. If this revenant is kept 'alive' not by his own will, but by a curse or evil object, I should like to end his torment as humanly..;", Joe stops to looks back at the elven bard, "..or inalienably, as possible. Surely that act cannot be in anyway against The Mistress's teachings?"
The holy warrior snaps his fingers, as if remembering something. "I think so long as we have the marks on us, it might act as a sanctuary spell: so don't attack anything or the sanctuary breaks!"

Silver Crusade

Male HP 47/45 | AC: 22 /T: 14 /FF: 18 | Perc. +5 | F: +6 / R: +3 /W: +4 | CMB +10 | CMD 27 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +8|

Frank nods.

"Worth a try Joe."

He too follows the others and draws the symbol out on his forehead like Joe.


Male Human | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) | Active Conditions: None

Wisdom Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Artemis would just silently nod at Joe's interpretation and Delman's suggestion, not really getting the riddle all that well. Seeing as the rest of the party begins marking themselves up, Artemis would grimace a little before drawing the circle broken by the cross on his arm. "Well, lets get this show on the road then?" Artemis says, absentmindedly cleaning his hand off using the hem of his shirt.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

Jellena nods in agreement to Joe's words, "That would be right, though Ryada do you know what Joe means by humanly?" Then at the point of sanctuary she agrees with him by saying, "That would make sense Joe, only attack if you are attacked first."


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

"Hmmm you mean treating them in a good manner even if they are an enemy. Humanly is used in this manner here as well. You might think it odd but humans are actually more forgiving than most other races in general and thus it is used that way." She says confirming Joe and Jellena's statements about the word and how it is used. Meanwhile she does as Joe asked and she marks his forehead as well with the blood and the same symbol.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Ryada wrote:
"Hmmm you mean treating them in a good manner even if they are an enemy. Humanly is used in this manner here as well. You might think it odd but humans are actually more forgiving than most other races in general and thus it is used that way."

"Well, it's good to know not all human are d|<ks", the paladin says with a small smile.


Once the symbols are in place and you begin walking you see the blue lions seem to be almost aimless in their movements. Though they see each other and give a decent berth. Just as you walk forward they give you room as if you are one of their own.

Moving along the 'passages' made by the derelict buildings you come to the first large structure. The door seems solid and still sealed, the walls don't seem to have any holes in them that any of you could get through even if you squeezed through, and no apparent windows. This building looks untouched compared to the rest of the town.

There is another building down the street that looks larger than most other buildings and in relative good shape compared to the one before you.

The last obvious choice would be a large fountain that is now dry and the well behind it.

Most of the group laughs at Joe's blatant statement.

Silver Crusade

HP: 21/19_ AC: 22 _ T: 22 _FF: 14_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +1[/ooc]_Init: +4_Fort: +3_Ref: +4_Will: +1_CMB: +0_CMD: 14_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +8_Bluff +0 _ Climb -1 _ Diplomacy +0 _ Escape Artist +4 _ Heal +1 _ Intimidate +0 _ Sense Motive +1 _ Stealth +8 _ Survival +1 _ Swim -1 _

Delman laughs and recovers quickly with a gutteral sigh, with a bit of mirth he responds, "Well so far it looks like us four are pretty nice and the ladies are great. Then again Ryada is the only one from here, the rest of us are Chosen. Well any ideas about the library, that is to get in?" He whistles lowly as he looks up at the 50 foot tall building before them.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Joe walks around the walled-in library. "No obvious way I can see, Delman."
"Leave this one for last?" The paladin questions.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 47/45 | AC: 22 /T: 14 /FF: 18 | Perc. +5 | F: +6 / R: +3 /W: +4 | CMB +10 | CMD 27 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +8|

Are the sealed doors wood?

"We don't have anyone skilled at picking locks or opening things then? I could attempt to brute force it open, but that can be done last if we want to check other structures first."


The doors are made of a foreign material it might be a wood or stone. There are many bumps on the doors and they appear to be slick with something as if wet. There is no apparent seal that you can see and might ask Delman why he said that.

K Nature DC 10:
It is some kind of stone you believe.

K Nature DC 15:
It is like pumice, a stone that lasts a long time but also very weak, you think it odd that such a stone would be used for a door.

K Nature DC 20:
You believe that the door is not made of pumice but a wet concrete mixture. You are sure magic is involved here.

Jellena:
You can see the markings of the protective ward but there appears to be no traps. You could use disable device to take the ward down.


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

K Nature: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

"The door appears to be made of pumice, it seems an odd choice since we could just break through with ease." She relays and thinks more on the conundrum.

Silver Crusade

HP: 21/19_ AC: 22 _ T: 22 _FF: 14_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +1[/ooc]_Init: +4_Fort: +3_Ref: +4_Will: +1_CMB: +0_CMD: 14_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +8_Bluff +0 _ Climb -1 _ Diplomacy +0 _ Escape Artist +4 _ Heal +1 _ Intimidate +0 _ Sense Motive +1 _ Stealth +8 _ Survival +1 _ Swim -1 _

He quickly points out, "Ah, you don't have detect magic. There are magical runes upon the door, so perhaps the element is part of a spell."

Silver Crusade

Male HP 47/45 | AC: 22 /T: 14 /FF: 18 | Perc. +5 | F: +6 / R: +3 /W: +4 | CMB +10 | CMD 27 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +8|

K. Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

"It seems weak but magic is at play."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

She walks up to within inches of the door and begins looking intently at the door, its frame, and the surrounding area. Since we are not rushed taking a 20 on perception.

"I could disable the magical ward sealing the door..." She states looking to the others for yays or nays.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Knowledge (nature, untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Joe shrugs. "It shouldn't hurt to try, I hope."

Silver Crusade

Male HP 47/45 | AC: 22 /T: 14 /FF: 18 | Perc. +5 | F: +6 / R: +3 /W: +4 | CMB +10 | CMD 27 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +8|

"Yes please try. It seems weak enough to break in if not warded."


Male Human | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) | Active Conditions: None

Knowledge Nature (Untrained): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Artemis just hums a little, leaning in to look at the material a bit more closely before shrugging as he backs off, "My vote is yes on disabling the magical ward, better be to be safe than sorry..."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

She first casts a cantrip which makes her eyes glow blue, Spellcraft DC 10: you know it to be detect magic. Taking her dagger she works at the runes and once done looks at them closely and tries again. With no negative repercussions she keeps working until it is gone. Taking a 20 so 27.


It takes her several minutes to get the wards to drop. Once they do the 'door' collapses. It moves like an ooze and covers her entirely. The concrete like substance spills out upon her quickly then begins to slowly spread out allowing each of you to quickly back away if you wanted to. There is no sign of Jellena and no movement.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Joe only had seconds to react. His first instinct was to slice at the pumus-like ooze with Excalibur, but the paladin remembered about the marks of sanctuary on his shield and forehead. His next instinct was to cast detect evil on the ooze, but there was no time. Fighting all his gut feelings, the holy warrior let the concrete ooze creep up his legs. Before becoming completely engulfed, Joe orders Brandon to fly off, and mutters a quick prayer.
"Mistress!"

Silver Crusade

Male HP 47/45 | AC: 22 /T: 14 /FF: 18 | Perc. +5 | F: +6 / R: +3 /W: +4 | CMB +10 | CMD 27 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +8|

Frank with little regard for his own safety looks on and reaches out trying to penetrate the ooze and feel around for Jellena to pull her out.

Not sure if I can try and grapple her out or do a reposition maneuver or what. Let me know. Thanks.


First Frank moves forward reaching into the ooze and quickly is pulled into the substance as well. Joe you have a chance to back away from the stuff if you want before it engulfs you... I need to know what you do before moving forward.


Frank:
You get pulled in right after Jellena, you realize too quickly that it literally sucks you in. Then you feel the suffocating presence though it is calming, you are not suffocating. Momentarily you are in darkness before you are flung out of the substance with more velocity than what pulled you into it.

Landing in water you are likely confused as you look around to see a stone room, a very plain stone room. You are in a simple pool of water that has steps leading up out of it towards the doorway still filled with the concrete like substance. You have plenty of room to walk either right or left and then back into a larger room beyond. You see shelves with towels and simple cloth mosaics on the walls. Globes are spaced every 5 feet that give off a bit of light, just enough that shadows are easily made from all angles.

I assume you get out of the water. What do you do next?

Leaving the entryway to enter the large room beyond you take steps up and find yourself in a large library. The main room is open with two large tables mostly empty except for a few books at the far end.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

The paladin hopes this ooze is the 'door' so he becomes engulfed. Brandon disobeys Joe and flies on top of the ooze that covers the paladin.


Male Human | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis watches Jellena get engulfed by the ooze and would back away, not wanting to take his chances as he watches half of the party get pulled/covered in the substance. Backing off until he is 15 feet away from the ooze, Artemis would look towards Delman and Ryada quickly saying, "Look, I don't know about you guys, but I am definitely keeping my distance..."

1,201 to 1,250 of 1,709 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Arcanium ~ Where the action happens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.