Arcanium ~ A New World

Game Master BloodWolven

Present Quick fight!

Fight Map!!!

You have died and the gods have decided for one reason or another to give you another chance. This chance is to start anew as you are with a special ability in a mystical world of monsters and adventure.

It is an Isekai game, a reference to a situation in which characters find themselves transported to an alternate dimension or universe.


1,351 to 1,400 of 1,707 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

After the breakfast, Joe begins to continue his research on becoming a godling.
Day 1 - Searching: 10d100 ⇒ (68, 24, 52, 29, 95, 76, 73, 68, 1, 29) = 515
Day 2 - Searching: 10d100 ⇒ (92, 86, 27, 57, 77, 62, 76, 1, 68, 40) = 586
Day 3 - Searching: 10d100 ⇒ (73, 77, 73, 94, 1, 21, 77, 1, 34, 98) = 549
At the very end of the third day of research, Joe, being mentally exhausted, was perusing one of the many bookshelves he already looked over, when he saw it.
A large tome, bound on mythril plates, written in Celestial on the cover: Unlocking Your Divine Potential: A Journey Into Godlinghood.
It takes several minutes for the paladin to process his find, then he remembers his warlord friend.
"Frank!" Joe yells weakly. "Fraank!! I got it! I GOT IT!"

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8
Joe "Joseph" Waskalis wrote:


Joe looks on nonplussed. "WHAT?! You've been a ninja this whole time?! AND gestalt classed?! What the Hell! You've been playing that close to the chest!"

She shrugs and nods her head agreeing with Joe, then explains, "Yes. Well when I became an oracle I did my best to get the wording correct and my pledge actually made me a sort of 'high' oracle or you could say the mouthpiece of Mistress herself. Thus gaining the familia bonus and getting oracle merely added on. I have always been a ninja since getting here, number one reason for the flanking. Well I suppose I might as well come clean about everything. No one has asked where the rings came from. You are lucky I am not evil, you would all be my thralls by now. The rings, my lightsaber, the modern rifle, the magical food cube, and a few other trinkets came from my Super Special. Which is my invisible ring of wishes. I can make a wish everyday without fault. The only specific clause attached to it is that I must bath it in the blood of a recent kill. I haven't been murdering people. The last few days have been chickens. I summon the chicken using another magical item that uses summon monster 1. Yes you called it was one of my wishes. Though using it overtly for my direct gain will get me the attention of the closest threat, which I have avoided thus far. 'Variety is the spice of Life' has been an excellent proverb or saying in regards to my wishes. Oh I know what my other class can be, wait for it, "Jedi Knight."


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

She finally understands what Jellena is saying and mumbles it out quietly, "Unlimited wishes..."

She then looks directly at her with amazement, "A herald of our Goddess, with the power of a genie!"

Silver Crusade

A loud Male voice comes from Joe, "And you thought I had secrets!!! Wait, the light saber. It could slice me in half! Joeseph!!!" The voice becomes hysterical with the last sentence said.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Joe just stares at Jellena, mouth agape. "One wish. EVERY DAY. Fff#<k." The paladin's mouth begins to dry out and takes a sip of water. "If I may make a suggestion.., " The paladin chuckles, unbelieving, "many of us still have electronic devices from Earth. I've been afraid to turn mine on, because we have no way of recharging them. If you could 'wish' for some type of 'universal charger' that would charge our devices daily. It would be a great way to introduce Ryada to Earth music via my mp3 player, for example."

Excalibur bane of Undead wrote:
A loud Male voice comes from Joe, "And you thought I had secrets!!! Wait, the light saber. It could slice me in half! Joseph!!!" The voice becomes hysterical with the last sentence said.

Joe continues to blink in disbelief. "You..could talk..out LOUD, this WHOLE TIME?!?!"

Rubbing his temple in frustration, the paladin unsheaths his magical sword and holds it handle up in front of him and sighs. "Everyone, Excalibur, Bane of Undead and former sword of King Arthur. Excalibur, everyone."

Silver Crusade

HP: 21/19_ AC: 22 _ T: 22 _FF: 14_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +1[/ooc]_Init: +4_Fort: +3_Ref: +4_Will: +1_CMB: +0_CMD: 14_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +8_Bluff +0 _ Climb -1 _ Diplomacy +0 _ Escape Artist +4 _ Heal +1 _ Intimidate +0 _ Sense Motive +1 _ Stealth +8 _ Survival +1 _ Swim -1 _

He takes a completely different view on the situation and tells as he lifts his arm into the air, "Our team ROCKS! The best paladin, a warlord soon to become Thor, a voice for OUR GODDESS and blessings a plenty! Who will stand in our way!?! Ohhh, ohhh Artemis do you have an awesome secret too?!"


Male Human | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis would shift a bit, blushing a bit as he internally curses his height, "Well, um... in terms of skills, I'm good with history, and shooting..." he thinks a bit, pausing as he scratches the back of his head, "That's it really..."

--------------------

Day 1: Artemis would spend the rest of the day finishing up the manual before beginning to search for a comprehensive history of Arcanium and depending on how that goes, then Artemis will look up how to change races easily.
Day 2 - Searching: 10d100 ⇒ (58, 75, 12, 84, 43, 19, 72, 83, 88, 17) = 551
Day 3 - Searching: 10d100 ⇒ (59, 85, 1, 69, 86, 35, 77, 84, 47, 19) = 562

Artemis would look up from his relative seclusion at hearing a faint, 'I got it' in the distance. Looking around briefly, Artemis would shrug to himself as he goes back down to read, before grumbling to himself about not bringing extra trail rations because of the magic box.

Day 4 - Searching: 10d100 ⇒ (65, 86, 65, 18, 35, 83, 24, 20, 24, 41) = 461
Day 5 - Searching: 10d100 ⇒ (63, 4, 96, 68, 79, 97, 7, 82, 5, 13) = 514
Day 6 - Searching: 10d100 ⇒ (19, 82, 41, 1, 97, 68, 6, 42, 73, 56) = 485
Day 7 - Searching: 10d100 ⇒ (85, 67, 67, 85, 14, 43, 70, 85, 18, 86) = 620

Silver Crusade

The voice resonates from the blade, "Yes, we have all been introduced. It's true not many have responded to me. But I have spoken before... many times, only recently have I begun to think to you. It takes more of a connection to do that..."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

She looks at Joe a bit strange but then nods, "Okay well let me word it this way, Mistress Grant my wish, "May their devices always have a charge and act as if they were in the lands they originated from." With a sizzle and a pop, your devices turn on and the notifications begin to blare away. Then responding to excalibur, "YES, sword. I did wish for a weapon that could destroy you but only in case YOU, or Joe turned hostile on me. You should have no fears now. We serve the same Goddess and on the same team." The last sentence she sounds perkier almost as if to say 'what if we weren't.'

"Oh I should tell you with all my research on this place and time magic. Time works here differently than on our home plane. Every day is about a year there. So if you had kids you might be able to speak to them. Assuming they have the same numbers. Then if you can even talk to them through the time dilation. Oh wait, I could switch it to match the time distortion but weeks could pass in that time, just saying."


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

As sword and oracle verbally spared, the paladin looks to be in own little world, as his eyes begin to tear up. "Oh my..god. Oh my god."
Joe set Excalibur down on the table and abruptly bolts from the table, rocketing back to his bed. Pushing his armor aside, Joe digs through his backpack like a madman until he finds it. His phone is turned on and the battery icon is on full. The paladin finds it hard to see through frantic tears, as his nervous fingers fumbles to get to the Conversations tab on the phone. The first listing is two text messages from Cyndy, Joe's wife.

The first text was Cyndy asking where Joe was. This message must have been before she found out about the accident. The second one was several weeks later. It nearly broke Joe's heart to read it. She texted Joe's phone to tell him that she missed him so much and loved him so very much. That even though both husband and wife said "I love you" every day, it still wasn't enough. And that they will meet again someday in the afterlife.

In regards to this new development, let's say Joe didn't do the first several hours of research on the first day. Joe sobbed with the knowledge that there was a chance he could call his wife, but wondering if he should.


As Joe ran from the table, Brandon, in crow form, was blown off the paladin's shoulder. The cassissan angel waited just outside the bedroom where Joe sat hunched over his phone. Solemn, Brandon transforms into his black pug form and walks up to the grieving paladin's lap and sits down, getting occasional hugs and pets from the distraught human.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 47/45 | AC: 22 /T: 14 /FF: 18 | Perc. +5 | F: +6 / R: +3 /W: +4 | CMB +10 | CMD 27 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +8|

Is the Ryada post about waking and screaming supposed to be toward Joe? Or was it supposed to be Jellena posting? Frank aint looking for no love triangle :)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Frank enjoys the time he is spending with the others, but mostly with Jellena. He has gotten comfortable and started to care for her. On the third night he takes notice of the blood.

"Jellena I have really enjoyed our time. I have certainly began to develop feelings for you. It is alright if you don't feel the same. I don't have any expectations but to continue to be with you and protect you. I have noticed though you are not telling me something and it looks like you missed some blood there on your neck tonight. Listen babe you can talk to me as well. You don't need only confide in your mistress."

So I'm assuming she will share with Frank what she shares with the others at the end of the 7 days unless there is something else as well. Frank will keep her secret until she shares with the group. So if she shares the same stuff with Frank.

"I knew you were a ninja. I thought you multiclassed or something. That's cool the mistress empowered you that way. Asking for a ring like that well was smarter than all of us. A power like that can and will make us a target. I trust you though. You have stayed out of trouble up to this point. I'm almost tempted to ask you to wish for this damn book on becoming a godling."

He laughs a bit then leans in and gives her a goodnight kiss and squeezes her ass.

Searching: 10d100 ⇒ (82, 66, 48, 73, 38, 63, 21, 77, 57, 55) = 580
Searching: 10d100 ⇒ (44, 63, 10, 45, 52, 77, 46, 69, 34, 33) = 473
Searching: 10d100 ⇒ (35, 23, 91, 79, 89, 76, 4, 15, 25, 21) = 458

"Holy f~$~ing s!+%. I have spent so many hours looking for that damn thing. Way to go Joe. Now lets spend some time studying it."

Researching the book of gods: 8d100 ⇒ (13, 78, 96, 12, 68, 47, 30, 73) = 417
Researching the book of gods: 8d100 ⇒ (25, 61, 56, 53, 7, 36, 21, 71) = 330
Researching the book of gods: 8d100 ⇒ (62, 49, 68, 25, 20, 72, 91, 22) = 409
Researching the book of gods: 8d100 ⇒ (56, 85, 87, 62, 50, 35, 20, 42) = 437

As they all gather at the end of the week and Jellena begins to share some things.

"I can cook. Actually pretty good at it. I have cooked 3 meals for over 100 people a few times in the SCA. The dumb thing here is cooking is based on wisdom and well I tend to do dumb things." He chuckles.

"Anyways I am trained in cooking, leadership, dancing, lying, diplomacy. I know about engineering, nature, history, the planes and religion. I'm looking forward to starting my path of godhood. Did someone find a book on retraining? I will need to retrain my favored class once I gestalt."

After Joe talks about electronics and Jellena makes the wish.

"I died in my armor all my electronics were in my truck. Oh well it's for the best, and if time passes that different here who knows what my wife is up too. Hope she has moved on."


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Later that morning, Joe returns to the main hall table several hours later to collect Excalibur. The paladin despondently apologizes to the magical sword should he make a fuss. The holy warrior returns to his researching, this time, with his phone in his front pocket and his mp3 player in his ears, at a volume not to interrupt anyone else's research. At meals and during sleep, Joe kept his ears free of his ear buds, and offered to show Ryada how the mp3 player works, so she could study 'outsider music' on her own. But his quiet remorseful mood continues for the next two days.
Joe's mood improved for a while, when he located the Godling Codex at the end of the third day, and handed it over to Frank for further research.
That should catch us up to current events in the library.


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

So sorry Frank, I misposted. It was suppose to be for Joe.

After the apparent surprise of music coming from such a device she gladly learns how it works and uses it frequently.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Ryada wrote:
Frank Joe, on the second night she wakes up screaming. She quiets down quickly once she gets her bearings and shrugs as she looks at you. She moves to a sitting position on the edge of the bed and pats it, assuming you are not already next to her, but if you are that can still work.

Joe wakes up with a start at Ryada's scream. "Ryada! What's wrong?" The sleepy paladin asks. Noticing the cue that the elf bard wishes to talk, Joe gets out of bed, and sits next to Ryada. "What's up?"

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

She will let Frank know about her secrets but lets him know more.

Frank:
"I should let you know I hold little value in love. I was a prostitute in my past life and I had to because of my father. I have enjoyed our time and pleasure but don't get attached. I don't mean to be cruel just letting you know I feel as well."


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

"Its just the memories of the sewer coming to me again. Hold me, tell me it's going to be alright."

Each night it becomes less and less, as she talks through what happened to her.


The eighth day you meet as normal in the morning. Food is summoned and talk about today's plans.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

She begins with a prayer to the Mistress and that she bless us. Then she leads the conversation, "We our out of rations, what is our plan of attack? Clean out the blue lions, head for the portal, return to New Faces for resources and possible reinforcements, or search out Midnight?"


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Ryada wrote:

"Its just the memories of the sewer coming to me again. Hold me, tell me it's going to be alright."

Each night it becomes less and less, as she talks through what happened to her.

Joe chuckles, still a little sleepy, "Admit it, you're just a fan of my hugs. Just kidding!" The paladin holds the bard's soft body next to his, and reassures her, "Everything is going to be alright. You can turn this tragedy into a strength. Elves are known for their bravery, you know", Joe smiles at Ryada. "Do you want to lay down with me, or I can keep you company here?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

She grips you a little harder at his joke then almost desperately she says, "Stay with me Joe!" She is breathing heavily and blushing as she slowly moves her mouth closer to his.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

She's so beautiful, Joe ponders. She's essential a Playboy Centerfold with pointy ears. And she wants me. And I want her. And we're both in our sexual prime, thanks to the Youthful Draught!
Joe leans in and kisses Ryada on her unbelievably-soft lips. The paladin follows any cues from the elf maiden on how to proceed, keeping Ryada's comfort level in the forefront of his mind..well..second most forefront of his mind.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

Joe she has been wanting you for weeks, Joe will need to be the one who cools down in this situation. She holds either side of your face as the kissing grows more heated at least until she slips one hand down to your command stick...


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Well, let's dim the lights and set the mood.
Joe returns the passionate kisses as vigorously as given. As a gentle, but adamant hand, reaches for the human's 'command stick', an strong but careful pair of hands reach to remove the elf's emerald bra.
The paladin caresses and kisses every inch of the bard's body, drinking her in. Hope's she's not a 'screamer', was Joe's last cohesive thought for the remainder of the evening.
Constitution Saves for no reason: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Constitution Saves for no reason: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Constitution Saves for no reason: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Constitution Saves for no reason: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
The human and elf continue to celebrate each other carnally for several hours, eventually leaving the two lovers from two different worlds, sweating, perhaps panting, and held in each others arms.
Joe made sure to use methods that would reduce the odds of pregnancy considerably.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Before the week is up, Joe, like the rest of the Night Hawks, continues to do research. While Frank took up the mantle of studying the Godling Codex, the paladin began to look in earnest for a tome to help increase his mental abilities. Essentially Joe is researching for the Overpowered Feat Mental Paragon.
Day 4 - Researching: 10d100 ⇒ (37, 74, 85, 30, 65, 56, 13, 20, 88, 43) = 511
Day 5 - Researching: 10d100 ⇒ (72, 85, 48, 84, 90, 59, 63, 58, 95, 23) = 677
Day 6 - Researching: 10d100 ⇒ (36, 34, 15, 55, 38, 97, 90, 59, 49, 49) = 522
Day 7 - Researching: 10d100 ⇒ (88, 79, 37, 19, 41, 76, 31, 80, 59, 17) = 527 No luck.

Jellena Darkling wrote:
She begins with a prayer to the Mistress and that she bless us. Then she leads the conversation, "We our out of rations, what is our plan of attack? Clean out the blue lions, head for the portal, return to New Faces for resources and possible reinforcements, or search out Midnight?"

Joe looks confused. "Portal? Do you mean the rift? If so, yeah, Clean out the lions, destroy the rift, find Midnight and get back to New Faces."

Silver Crusade

Male HP 47/45 | AC: 22 /T: 14 /FF: 18 | Perc. +5 | F: +6 / R: +3 /W: +4 | CMB +10 | CMD 27 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +8|

Sorry doing AWS training yesterday and today. Back to normal posting tomorrow.

Jellena:
"Oh, I'm going to be honest that's a bit of relief. I will admit this has helped me to think less of my wife and the life I left. I'm not looking for love or I don't think I am and I'm happy to keep spending time with you as we both have needs. He smiles. "So lets keep it casual then, but I will still look out for you just like the others deal?"

"I agree with Joe. lets deal with the lions before going back. The rift may need some more research."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

"Yes rift, portal, pretty much the same thing. So take out the lions at least until our spells are out then head to New Faces for supplies." With that said she leads the group to the exit way. Touching the runes and crystals she nods to the group and walks through.

Frank:
"Sounds like a good deal." She agrees.


The trip is much faster this time and not so rememberable. In a split second you exit the doorway onto the dried cobblestones. Sand fills the street just as it did before you ventured into the library. There are no blue lions in view.

What do you do?


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Before exiting the library, the paladin repacks his backpack, making sure the magical books he found leaves with him. I assume Frank has the Godling Codex with him.
As the reappear at the doorway, Joe draws Excalibur and addresses both magical sword and familiar.
"Okay guys. S.O.P. Excalibur, any undead within range? Brandon, any evil within range?"

Silver Crusade

"Searching, searching... nope. No undead within 60 feet." emanates the firm male voice from the sword.

As Brandon checks, and finds a few auras in the rubble next to the library 30 feet away and about 20 feet down, somehow...


Excalibur bane of Undead wrote:
As Brandon checks, and finds a few auras in the rubble next to the library 30 feet away and about 20 feet down, somehow...

Brandon communicates this information to the Night Hawks in Truespeak.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

"Sounds like we got some blue lions underground nearby", the paladin cautions.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

She looks up at the crow at the statement and offers, "Frank or Joe, leads us on and we will follow."


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Paladin and warlord lock gazes and nod. Joe equips his shield and in a low voice calls out, "Follow me." The holy warrior leads the Night Hawks toward the concentration Brandon sensed earlier.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 47/45 | AC: 22 /T: 14 /FF: 18 | Perc. +5 | F: +6 / R: +3 /W: +4 | CMB +10 | CMD 27 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +8|

Weapon in hand Frank follows.

"So we are looking for an opening of sorts then. I don't think these things can burrow."


Male Human | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) | Active Conditions: None

Guess my post was eaten :/

Artemis would nod, following after Frank and Joe, "I'd suggest looking in a ruined building for a stairwell that leads underground?


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Joe nods back at Artemis. "Great idea." The paladin begins looking for nearby buildings. Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


It appears that any such opening does not exist on this side of the rubble. You could go around, over, dig and move rubble around, or go investigate something else.

Perception DC 15:
You notice that the rubble seems rather unstable, any movement over it or to dig could mean you all fall in.

Perception DC 20:
You see a specific piece of stone that looks big and under a lot of the rubble. K engineering or dungeoning could be useful here.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
"I don't like the look of this rubble", Joe breathed. "Looks too unstable."

Silver Crusade

Male HP 47/45 | AC: 22 /T: 14 /FF: 18 | Perc. +5 | F: +6 / R: +3 /W: +4 | CMB +10 | CMD 27 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +8|

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"I agree. If that's the plan lets look for a path around to the other side."


Circling around seems much more than expected. Walking down nearly 100 feet and you see an unobstructed alley. At the entrance to the alley which is no more than 5 feet wide you see a blue lion pop out 40 feet from the rubble further down the road. It notices you and begins to advance...

Silver Crusade

Male HP 47/45 | AC: 22 /T: 14 /FF: 18 | Perc. +5 | F: +6 / R: +3 /W: +4 | CMB +10 | CMD 27 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +8|

Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

"Be cautious. It could be an ambush."

As a constant example of do what I say not what I do Frank rushes forward letting out a roar to bolster his friends.

Swift: Encouraging Roar
Full: Charge with Panthera on the Hunt

Encouraging Roar Duration: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 rounds +2 morale bonus to att/dmg

Charge Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 + 4 - 1 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + (5) + 4 + 2 = 23


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Init: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Joe places himself, shield up, between his friends and the blue lion. Holding action to attack in melee range.
Brandon activates his Lesser Protective Aura (Su) on Joe while on his shoulder.


Frank charges forward once the lion is within range and slices it in two. As the creature lays in pieces and quivers its last two more jump out cutting Frank from the rest of the group.

The rest of the group may act now in Round 1, setting your init after Frank or roll init and come in on round 2. Two lions, each AC 13 and 15 hp.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

Round 1

She pulls the rifle from her cloak and quickly aims it at one of the lions, hitting the switch to semi automatic fire and taking a breath she pulls the trigger. A loud blam goes off as the modern rifle shoots. The shot goes wide.

combat rifle: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9
damage: 1d10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11

Silver Crusade

HP: 21/19_ AC: 22 _ T: 22 _FF: 14_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +1[/ooc]_Init: +4_Fort: +3_Ref: +4_Will: +1_CMB: +0_CMD: 14_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +8_Bluff +0 _ Climb -1 _ Diplomacy +0 _ Escape Artist +4 _ Heal +1 _ Intimidate +0 _ Sense Motive +1 _ Stealth +8 _ Survival +1 _ Swim -1 _

Round 1

Delman had pulled out a kukri as they began looking for the blue lions. He let the others act first and after the initial flurry of action he took a few steps to be in the clear and shot a golden ray at the new lion on the left. It is scalded by the holy energy only minimally.

Warlock blast: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

Round 1

Ryada waits for an opening looking around for other threats first then let's off an electrical charge towards the one on the left as well.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Electrical blast: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 = 26
Electrical blast: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 = 26
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5) + 4 = 10I get to double all the damage right?


Male Human | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) | Active Conditions: None

Round 1

Artemis would see Ryada let off an electrical charge, waiting to see its effects before firing at any lion still standing.

Alchemist Shot: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Rifle Damage: 1d10 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + (5) + 4 = 10

I believe you do.


Round 1

The first lion is cut in half but not before it tries to bite him. Two more emerge from the rubble and head after Frank. Joe takes a defensive stance as the others make a barrage taking out the lion on the left.

bite : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3plus void bite fort DC 12

bite : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5plus void bite fort DC 12

bite : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2plus void bite fort DC 12

Round 2:

bite : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2plus void bite fort DC 12


Joe, Beasts, Frank, then everyone else.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Round 2 Fight!
"FRANK!" The paladin cries in fright as his friend is surrounded by the snapping jaws of blue lions. Joe runs to give melee support to the warlord. "Please don't shoot me, guys!" The holy warrior calls back to the ranged contingent of the Night Hawks.

If he makes it within melee:

Excalibur: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Dmg.: 1d8 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 8 + (1, 2) = 12

1,351 to 1,400 of 1,707 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Arcanium ~ Where the action happens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.