Arcanium ~ A New World

Game Master BloodWolven

Present Quick fight!

Fight Map!!!

You have died and the gods have decided for one reason or another to give you another chance. This chance is to start anew as you are with a special ability in a mystical world of monsters and adventure.

It is an Isekai game, a reference to a situation in which characters find themselves transported to an alternate dimension or universe.


1,301 to 1,350 of 1,708 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>

Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

She seems worse for wear than the rest of you, not speaking much and just listening. She accepts Joe's help in getting dry and sits down at the table where everyone is talking. If offered she takes food and slowly chews on it but seems very vacant in emotions. Almost as if she is looking at something that isn't there.

Silver Crusade

HP: 21/19_ AC: 22 _ T: 22 _FF: 14_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +1[/ooc]_Init: +4_Fort: +3_Ref: +4_Will: +1_CMB: +0_CMD: 14_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +8_Bluff +0 _ Climb -1 _ Diplomacy +0 _ Escape Artist +4 _ Heal +1 _ Intimidate +0 _ Sense Motive +1 _ Stealth +8 _ Survival +1 _ Swim -1 _

He dries off like the rest of them and listens to the others talk. Then he begins to roam looking for some books.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
With Joe's excitement about finding the Library, the paladin fails to notice Ryada's mental state. After some food, Joe finds Delman in the 'stacks' and shows the warlock the gestalt book.
"When I found this, I immediately thought of you, Delman", the holy warrior hands the exalted warlock the black-covered book. "With a gestalt class, you can mesh your warlock abilities, with another 'holy' class; like cleric, or paladin, or shaman, etc. Walking to paths at the same time!" The paladin emphasized.


Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
As Joe is speaking excitedly with the exalted warlock. Brandon turns his head to look at the bard.
Leaping into flight, the cassassian angel in crow feathers lands near the elf maiden, and asks in Truespeak quietly.
"Ryada? Is anything wrong?"

Silver Crusade

Male HP 47/45 | AC: 22 /T: 14 /FF: 18 | Perc. +5 | F: +6 / R: +3 /W: +4 | CMB +10 | CMD 27 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +8|

Frank too takes notice of Ryada. Not wanting to overstep he looks on seeing what Joe and the others can gather from her.

Frank sits and chows down on a few tacos.

"Well Jellena I would think it better if time was much slower in here. Like the Hyperbolic time chamber if a year in hear only equaled a day out there we would have significant advantage to train, study or retreat and overcome things. Also if we can alter the time that is beneficial so we can change it on the fly. What do the rest of you think? Joe I'm going to look some more on a manual on becoming a godling. I didn't have any luck this first go."


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Frank Steel wrote:
"Joe, I'm going to look some more on a manual on becoming a godling. I didn't have any luck this first go."

"I'll help. As soon as I done talking with Delman," Joe says, looking over this shoulder at the warlord.

Silver Crusade

HP: 21/19_ AC: 22 _ T: 22 _FF: 14_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +1[/ooc]_Init: +4_Fort: +3_Ref: +4_Will: +1_CMB: +0_CMD: 14_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +8_Bluff +0 _ Climb -1 _ Diplomacy +0 _ Escape Artist +4 _ Heal +1 _ Intimidate +0 _ Sense Motive +1 _ Stealth +8 _ Survival +1 _ Swim -1 _

He looks up at Joe's approach. Listening intently you can see the excitement on his face as you tell him the good news. Agreeing he says happily, "That sounds great! What class do you think I should select?"


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

As the crow lands she is visibly startled as she jumps a good inch or two. Taking a breath to steady herself she relays quietly, "I... I don't know. I am not hurt but my insides feel all twisted up, so anxious and all wrong."


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Delman Fredrel Vortani III wrote:
He looks up at Joe's approach. Listening intently you can see the excitement on his face as you tell him the good news. Agreeing he says happily, "That sounds great! What class do you think I should select?"

"I've been giving this some thought", Joe began, "and I think the two classes that would work best for you and your abilities is either an oracle, or a range-based paladin. You ooze charisma, and you got nearly as deadly an aim as Artemis."

Silver Crusade

HP: 21/19_ AC: 22 _ T: 22 _FF: 14_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +1[/ooc]_Init: +4_Fort: +3_Ref: +4_Will: +1_CMB: +0_CMD: 14_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +8_Bluff +0 _ Climb -1 _ Diplomacy +0 _ Escape Artist +4 _ Heal +1 _ Intimidate +0 _ Sense Motive +1 _ Stealth +8 _ Survival +1 _ Swim -1 _

"Well yes I do. Though rays are merely touch, so it is not hard to miss. I am sure he has better aim. Well let's look into this oracle class and range based paladin." He then begins looking for such information pulling down books when he finds them.

After a few minutes he goes looking for Jellena and asks, "With Joe's Gestalt book would I be able to become an Oracle? Would the Mistress allow it?"

With her answer he turns from finding oracle and looks to paladin

Assuming that 8 hours of time passes, searching for 6 hours and 2 hours of research, thus looking for alternative paladins, especially a book on ranged paladin:
6d100 ⇒ (57, 60, 78, 95, 84, 56) = 430

He finds two books on alternative paladin classes and a strange manuscript on ranged paladins. He then spends 2 hours on research.

After pouring over the manuscript he looks up and calls to Joe, "Hey look at this I found a book on a paladin becoming an Undead Scourge . Also this manuscript that talks about an archer paladin, though it doesn't name the class... I wonder what it would be called?"


Ryada wrote:
As the crow lands she is visibly startled as she jumps a good inch or two. Taking a breath to steady herself she relays quietly, "I... I don't know. I am not hurt but my insides feel all twisted up, so anxious and all wrong."

Brandon erupts with a loud caw! "Healers! Ryada needs healers!" The cassassian angel continues to jump up and down, waiting for assistance.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
|Brandon| wrote:
Brandon erupts with a loud caw! "Healers! Ryada needs healers!" The cassassian angel continues to jump up and down, waiting for assistance.

Startled, Joe breaks away from Delman, and rushes to the elf's side. Using his Perfect Memory (Ex) ability, Brandon relays everything Ryada said.

"Ryada. It will be okay. Let us look at you", speaks Joe as he checks the bard's overall health.
Heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

At Frank's mention of the time difference being advantageous she left and came back quickly.
___________

She looks nonplussed but thinks about it before responding, "I know there are clerics in the order devoted to the Mistress that are men, though all the oracles that I know of are women. Let me ask." She gets into a comfortable seating position, similar to a yoga pose and after a few minutes comes out of the trance.

Pleasantly she points out to Delman, "You could become an oracle but you would need to become a uniq. Knowing most men don't want to go down that route, she would suggest becoming a paladin, cleric, or a warpriest. Also you should think about becoming a celestial sorcerer or something along those lines rather than a warlock."
___________

Jellena also rushes over at the outburst, though letting Joe take point as she observes.

heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

Ryada is startled by Brandon's cawing and by the quick movements of the others to come to her aid. Joe's quick assessment says that she has a concussion though there is no obvious reason why. She lets you look her over and as Joe goes to touch her she begins to cry.

To those around Ryada:
You hear her mumble between the sobs of crying, telling 'them' to stop and 'no'.

Silver Crusade

HP: 21/19_ AC: 22 _ T: 22 _FF: 14_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +1[/ooc]_Init: +4_Fort: +3_Ref: +4_Will: +1_CMB: +0_CMD: 14_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +8_Bluff +0 _ Climb -1 _ Diplomacy +0 _ Escape Artist +4 _ Heal +1 _ Intimidate +0 _ Sense Motive +1 _ Stealth +8 _ Survival +1 _ Swim -1 _

Once the others are done helping Ryada and a few hours later he continues his conversation with Joe...

"Also look at this book, You are the Chosen One... perhaps it would fit" I can't seem to find an archer archetype for paladin, looking for some help. "Oh hey thanks for that book Joe, Divine Hunter looks great with just a glimpse into it!"

The Mistresses Code of Conduct for her Paladins - for Joe to look at more than others but all can chime in.:

The dead have earned their peace. I shall see them put to rest with respect, and do my utmost to keep their graves and tombs honored and undisturbed.
Should some force or custom insist on treating the graves of the passed as anything other than a place of quiet memorial, I shall do all in my power to end this practice.
The undead have stepped out of the natural order of life and death, and they threaten the sanctity of the grave. I shall seek to destroy them when possible, and keep them from the resting places of others.
Rituals, magic, and tortures that damage the soul undo the work of the Taskmaster. I will destroy those who use these methods, and seek to repair those who have fallen victim to these crimes.
Though I shall not do the work for them, I shall aid others in completing tasks that are important to them whenever it is possible and moral, so that they will not go to the grave with unfinished business.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Joe looks to Jellena. "Looks like a concussion. I've got this. Go tell Frank I'll help him research later." The paladin, with eyes of understanding and sympathy, slowly reaches toward Ryada for a hug, but looks for cues that she doesn't want to be touched.
"I'm so sorry, Ryada.."


Jellena nods and goes to let Frank know. As Joe hugs her she cries harder.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

When she returns from telling Frank. She gently motions to Joe with her hands for him to back off.

If he does:
She soothingly comes to the side of Ryada and calmly says, "Its alright Ryada, we are here for you. It is Jellena." Then she hugs her from the side trying to soothe her more with 'shhh' and the friendly hug than anything else.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

The holy warrior takes the que from Jellena and backs off, yet still staying close to Ryada, resting a hand on the elf maiden's back.


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

With the barest touch from Jellena the crying stops and with the hug she hugs Jellena back. She looks back at Joe and silently says thank you.

After a few minutes she relays her feelings, "I don't know why. It just all came rushing back to me. Down in the sewers. My 'friends'..." She stops the word almost a curse in her mouth from calling them that. She takes a few breaths to collect herself again almost breaking into crying again but stops herself. With a quiver she continues, "Above it all came rushing back when you were both gone... Also if you were gone I didn't want to live..." She stops then and takes comfort in Jellena's hug and Joe's touch. Soon enough she is asleep.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

She nods to Joe whispering, "You can either pick her up and take her to one of the beds or let her sleep here with me."


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Joe nods at the oracle, and carefully scoops the resting bard in his arms. Carefully the paladin walks Ryada to one of the directed beds and lays her down gently. Joe takes the blanket and walks several steps away to shake out the dust, then carefully lays it over the elf maiden.
The holy warrior then kneels at Ryada's feet and prays to The Mistress for protection for Ryada; then to Desna, Goddess of Dreams, to grant Ryada a sound sleep, free of nightmares.


Male Human | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) | Active Conditions: None

Research: 8d100 ⇒ (29, 55, 33, 39, 95, 66, 27, 5) = 349

Artemis would silently watch Ryada, feeling pretty bad as he lets the others take care of Ryada, scratching the back of his head. Biting his lip and silently sighing, Artemis would search for a manual in order to craft mundane/magical firearms and ammo.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

After his prayers, Joe quietly leaves the bedroom to go back to researching in the library for a few hours, his heart a little more heavy.
2d100: 2d100 ⇒ (2, 45) = 47
With no luck, Delman flags Joe down to continue their conversation.

Delman Fredrel Vortani III wrote:
After pouring over the manuscript he looks up and calls to Joe, "Hey look at this I found a book on a paladin becoming an Undead Scourge . Also this manuscript that talks about an archer paladin, though it doesn't name the class... I wonder what it would be called?"
Delman Fredrel Vortani III wrote:
"Also look at this book, You are the Chosen One... perhaps it would fit" I can't seem to find an archer archetype for paladin, looking for some help. "Oh hey thanks for that book Joe, Divine Hunter looks great with just a glimpse into it!"

Joe looks over both books, then looks at Delman. "You know, Delman. As a paladin, I'm pretty lucky. Wielding Excalibur pretty much already makes me an undead scourge, and with Brandon by my side, I don't need another celestial on my shoulder to feel like a chosen one," the holy warrior smiles.

"No. Although the focused archetypes are interesting, I'm fine remaining a default paladin; who knows what evils we face in the future."
Joe does take the offered paladinic code, reading it and smiling. "I'm glad The Mistress's Code of Conduct and my own beliefs mesh quite well. But I plan on adding something to it:"
"When encountering an wayward spirit or haunt, if it's nature is not hostile or evil, offer to send it to The Mistress's Domain for proper judgement and passage into it's next step of existence."

Silver Crusade

Male HP 47/45 | AC: 22 /T: 14 /FF: 18 | Perc. +5 | F: +6 / R: +3 /W: +4 | CMB +10 | CMD 27 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +8|

Frank would spend a little time looking at the 4 books he found on godling but like Jellena he had been here over 12 hours now and was a bit tired so after Ryada was calm again and a few decided to rest so would Frank. When he awakes with the others. He stands and stretches letting out a mighty yawn.

"So more searching for things? Jellena did you adjust the time that is passing here?"


Artemis finds a manual on the crafting of mundane firearms.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

"Yes I adjusted it back so a few seconds have passed in the real world. I am fine with spending a week here or more on research. We should head back and take care of the blue lions and the portal, I am a bit afraid of the influence of the magical energies of the portal on our time magic. If you notice any disease or strange marks on your body let me know immediately." she says the last bit with emphasis.


In an average day you can get about 8 hours of research done or 11 hours of searching. Jellena shows the group where the dormitory, four bedrooms, several of the bathrooms, kitchen, and the three lounges are located. They are sparse in accommodations but there are plenty of pillows and at least a set of sheets and a blanket on each bed. You could easily sleep in any of the lounges with the couches and many pillows in those rooms. Each bedroom has a queen sized bed, vanity with mirror, and several cabinets. The dormitory is filled with bunk beds and chests. There are other rooms that she doesn't point out though testing the door knobs they are locked, some just have knockers but no other obvious way to enter. So there is plenty of places to sleep.

One of the lounges still has a corpse sitting in a chair, surrounded by books and an open book on its chest. No obvious items of wealth are around but you could take some time to search.

The kitchen has the essential items to cook food and it looks like the stove has a little fire elemental in it to keep the fire going but there is no food to be found. The pantry has a few things in it mostly spices and other small ingredients but no food.

I need to know where you sleep and if you are studying in a lounge or in the main hall with the two massive tables.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

"You got it, Boss", Joe yawned. "I'm gonna get some sleep, and check on our bard. Good night."
The paladin walks to the room Ryada is sleeping in quietly. He takes a bed adjacent to the elf maiden, trying to remove his armor as quietly as possible.
"Brandon?" Joe whispered to his feathered celestial. "Can you keep Ryada company? Make sure her breathing is steady."
To be safe, Joe uses Lay On Hands on Ryada before he himself sleeps.
LoH: 1d6 ⇒ 6


The cassissian angel changes forms from crow to black pug and buries himself under the covers near Ryada's waist.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

Jellena collects more books and documents on how this place works for 4 hours and then researches it for 4 hours in the main hall. Then she retires to one of the bedrooms.

Finding another magical item to help communicate and upkeep the building she is giddy as she researches it and the scroll she found.
4d100 ⇒ (100, 69, 82, 1) = 252


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

She sleeps through most of the time that others are searching and researching. She wakes up and pets the pug, with a smile she snuggles more into the bed with the dog. Joe finds her awake and just resting and watching him.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

"Good morning.." Joe blinks as he wakes up to Ryada's gaze. "How are you feeling?"


Male Human | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis would smile as he finds a suitable manual in the 5th hour or so of searching. Stopping the rest of his search after that, Artemis would retreat into one of the bedrooms, grabbing some food at one of kitchens as he reads until he falls asleep, right on top of the manual cover.


The next morning the group congregates at the main hall to eat a meal provided by Jellena's magical box and Frank's, or Joe's, memory. Stacked high of... Frank or Joe insert meal.


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

Warmly she states, "much better, thank you for the companion for the night. Also thank you for watching over me. It is good to work past the trauma even if it was... Anyways shall we go get some food?" She wobbly gets out of bed and takes her bag to one of the bathrooms coming back after a few minutes she asks, "Would you clean my clothes and leave a scent of roses behind? Please."

She eats heartily and is observant of your conversation turning to the speaker and responding well when someone asks. She looks visibly back to herself again.

Silver Crusade

HP: 21/19_ AC: 22 _ T: 22 _FF: 14_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +1[/ooc]_Init: +4_Fort: +3_Ref: +4_Will: +1_CMB: +0_CMD: 14_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +8_Bluff +0 _ Climb -1 _ Diplomacy +0 _ Escape Artist +4 _ Heal +1 _ Intimidate +0 _ Sense Motive +1 _ Stealth +8 _ Survival +1 _ Swim -1 _

He wakes up bright and early before the rest and wakes up everyone, letting them know to meet in the main hall. He stands at the end of the table and offers to pour water for each of you as you come in, before you sit down. Once everyone is seated he sits down as well.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

A bit hesitantly she offers, "we don't need to really make meetings formal but it feels right, so just let me try it out." She then in a louder than normal voice confidently says, "Mistress hear your Chosen and may we be blessed by your will. I order the first Night Hawks meeting within this library. May our research be fruitful and may we find what we search for. First order of business, time. How long do we want to research before going back to town to clear it out?" With her prayer established any negative feelings are sent fleeing from the room. You each can feel the underlying presence of something that is now not there. Just stifled enough that you couldn't feel it until it was gone.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Ryada wrote:
"Would you clean my clothes and leave a scent of roses behind? Please."

Joe watches as his former patient walks away, leaving him with laundry duty. Slightly perturbed, the holy warrior uses prestidigitation to magically clean the bard's clothes to her specifications. With the room to himself, the paladin leaves his armor behind, wearing the work clothes he came to Arcanium in. Strapping Excalibur and his scabbard to his shoulder, Joe leaves the sleeping quarters.

When the Paladin of Death enters the main hall, he asks for Jellena's magic box and summons 3 large plates of hash browns topped with scrambled eggs, mushrooms, green peppers, onions and cheese, covered in sausage gravy. "It's called the Breakfast Mess, a signature plate from a great breakfast restaurant I used to go to when I lived in Hillsdale, Michigan."
Jellena Darkling wrote:
"Mistress hear your Chosen and may we be blessed by your will. I order the first Night Hawks meeting within this library. May our research be fruitful and may we find what we search for. First order of business, time. How long do we want to research before going back to town to clear it out?"

The paladin stands up to address his fellow Night hawks. "I liked the idea of staying one of our weeks to continue researching before heading back to normal time."

"I'd also like to share my current thoughts about our new surroundings. I think we should make this amazing place our new headquarters. Granted, it is far away from New Faces, and most other places as well. I'd like to petition the church to help us create a teleportation circle to get us here to New Faces instantly. This would allow The Church of The Mistress another amazing resource, much like The Draught of Youthful Restoration. My only concern is that when the location of our new headquarters comes to light, we will attract the ire of rival faiths. But with the church's backing, we could equip this location with experts, sages, clerics and layman of the faith to help keep his location functioning in our absence."


Male Human | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis would wake up and shamble on in, tired from staying up and reading the manual as much as he can. Taking the water and nodding towards Delman, Artemis would stretch and listen to the paladin. "Well then, if you are worried about rival faiths, then why not just make this our headquarters now and wait to officially affiliate this location with the Church of the Mistress?"

Silver Crusade

Male HP 47/45 | AC: 22 /T: 14 /FF: 18 | Perc. +5 | F: +6 / R: +3 /W: +4 | CMB +10 | CMD 27 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +8|

Frank spends the next 8 hours searching for a manual on the Godling class 8d100 ⇒ (55, 85, 12, 77, 8, 42, 6, 61) = 346 He finds 2 more books with information to go with his others. He then goes to sleep next to Jellena when she decides to rest.
Upon waking he gathers to eat with the others. He listens to all the plans and agrees.

"Teleportation is done on the same plane of existence. This is some sort of pocket dimension for sure. Now we could have a teleportation circle built outside once we close the portal and deal with the blue lions. We could establish rule over this area and bring the ruins back to life as a settlement and watch it grow. All along using this as our base still. The church could be our ally in establishing the settlement but this place should probably remain a secret. Remember we are hear to deal with the dark entities so we need to protect ourselves until we gain the needed power. On that note. I'm going to go look some more for a manual on the Godling classes."


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

She presents herself wearing the clothes and waits for you to cast the spell not only on her clothes but her body.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 47/45 | AC: 22 /T: 14 /FF: 18 | Perc. +5 | F: +6 / R: +3 /W: +4 | CMB +10 | CMD 27 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +8|

Next 11 hours searching 11d100 ⇒ (19, 16, 65, 77, 90, 59, 92, 80, 53, 30, 81) = 662

Frank finds another 5 mentions now having 11 books mentioning it. He knows there must be a book here, but how long until he finds it.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Ryada wrote:
Warmly she states, "much better, thank you for the companion for the night. Also thank you for watching over me. It is good to work past the trauma even if it was... Anyways shall we go get some food?" She wobbly gets out of bed and takes her bag to one of the bathrooms coming back after a few minutes she asks, "Would you clean my clothes and leave a scent of roses behind? Please."
Joe "Joseph" Waskalis wrote:
Joe watches as his former patient walks away, leaving him with laundry duty. Slightly perturbed, the holy warrior uses prestidigitation to magically clean the bard's clothes to her specifications.

"You are most welcome. I'm glad you are feeling better", the paladin smiles. "My original offer still stands: if you ever need someone to talk issues through, please let me know."

The paladin casts prestidigitation on the elf maiden as per her request. Joe goes back into a side room to change into his original clothes, stowing his armor by the bed she slept in.


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

She thanks Joe with a quick hug and a simple, "Thank you, I will search you out should I feel the need."

___________
At the meeting and after the agreed upon week is set for research she asks, "Is there a particular class that any of you suggest I take as per we all are planning to gestalt. Hmmm I wonder if I should take fighter? I don't really want to mess with more spells. Oh perhaps ranger? Any books or ideas that I should look for? Though I do have an affinity for electrical magic perhaps I should look into a magical class?"

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

"I agree that this would be a great headquarters. There is already a teleportation hub nearby as we came here by that avenue. Yes it is not in town but nearby, perhaps for
a good reason. I will commune with the Mistress tonight about getting the church involved."
She states supporting the ideas.

"That is quite a quandary you have there Ryada. Since you have a pension for it, I would suggest sorcerer as charisma helps your bardic skills too," she relays smiling that Ryada is back to her normal self.

"Is anyone going to learn how to cook, I know how to in our world but barely the basics here. Joe weren't you a cook in your past life? Is there any other skills that we should diversify over the group? What are each of you good at? Is there something we are lacking as a group?"

"On a different note I was thinking of changing my ninja class to sword sage or something that works best with Oracle. Any suggestions? Oh yes, I am already gestalted." She states and give a big grin with a slight shrug.

Frank:
Near midnight everyday she mentions she is going around to check on spells, how the building is holding up, and to do her prayers. She is gone about an hour. She leaves the room you share after sex onto her chores. She comes back with freshly dried hair. If you are still up she gives you a quick kiss then slips into bed and quickly falls asleep.

Frank - Sense Motive DC 12:
You think she is not telling you something or perhaps omitting something she is doing.

Frank - Sense Motive DC 15:
It is obviously nothing serious but something she doesn't want you to know about. You are pretty sure it is an omission.

Frank - Perception DC 16:
On the third night you notice there is a little bit of blood on her neck. More than a cut but she doesn't seem to have a cut.

She will start looking for her new classes and spend the other half searching for more information on this place:
Day 1 - searching: 10d100 ⇒ (26, 83, 33, 68, 28, 46, 39, 17, 3, 47) = 390
Day 2 - searching: 10d100 ⇒ (60, 90, 56, 49, 24, 38, 99, 13, 12, 13) = 454
Day 3 - searching: 10d100 ⇒ (66, 71, 94, 25, 59, 9, 17, 42, 39, 93) = 515
Day 4 - searching: 10d100 ⇒ (56, 38, 20, 10, 74, 64, 99, 82, 84, 10) = 537
Day 5 - searching: 10d100 ⇒ (36, 19, 76, 51, 83, 91, 59, 87, 23, 43) = 568
Day 6 - searching: 10d100 ⇒ (74, 78, 98, 35, 68, 67, 49, 33, 7, 81) = 590
Day 7 - researching

Silver Crusade

HP: 21/19_ AC: 22 _ T: 22 _FF: 14_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +1[/ooc]_Init: +4_Fort: +3_Ref: +4_Will: +1_CMB: +0_CMD: 14_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +8_Bluff +0 _ Climb -1 _ Diplomacy +0 _ Escape Artist +4 _ Heal +1 _ Intimidate +0 _ Sense Motive +1 _ Stealth +8 _ Survival +1 _ Swim -1 _

Delman nods and waits for anyone to need more water, to have their dish taken to the kitchen, or to clean up the meal once all is done. He simply nods in agreement to most of what the group says and doesn't seem to have any input.

Once everyone heads off to do research or searching he grabs his stack of books and spreads them out. He first looks through a very large tome the Divine Hunter book for as much information as possible. He found some paper, quill, and ink to take notes. After an hour of research he realizes that he should search for more information.

He spends the first day researching all about the class. Day 1 - 11 hours of searching for more information on Divine Hunter.
10d100 ⇒ (48, 33, 68, 27, 74, 47, 65, 81, 28, 60) = 531 He only finds another book on Divine Hunters

Day 2-3: More searching. 22d100 ⇒ (7, 93, 38, 38, 62, 62, 6, 83, 97, 2, 29, 38, 94, 78, 20, 13, 66, 69, 93, 21, 51, 50) = 1110 4 Scrolls with little information on Divine Hunters, 1 book that should be helpful, and another book on the Mistress.

Day 4-7: 32 hours of research. Half on the Mistress, Half on Divine Hunter. Rations subtracted and collected one from Jellena.


The large meals do help a lot each day but you can only make 3 a day so for the week everyone still needs to subtract 6 rations to feel well, as opposed to being hungry.

Jellena:

Killing a chicken a day I am assuming...so 6 more wishes and keeping the seventh for the coming day?

You finds 12 books: 6 on the library, and 6 on your new class. You also find a magical tablet about upkeep of the library, a scroll of 'translation' (switching classes with no penalties if they both have the same parent class), and a tome on weapon smithing.

Delman:
Your stewardship is making good fruits you believe. Your studies support you being a servant to others especially your oracle. Your research proves that men do have a place in the church but second to the matron. Women do bring life into this world and they can equally extinguish it. Serve your oracle as you would your Mistress. Abhor the undead, do not give it a chance to get away destroy it. Though know what you fight before running headlong into a battle.

The Divine Hunter book is a great inspiration. Though it does not line with the tenants of the Mistress's faith it does support you in the destruction of undead.


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

Frank, on the second night she wakes up screaming. She quiets down quickly once she gets her bearings and shrugs as she looks at you. She moves to a sitting position on the edge of the bed and pats it, assuming you are not already next to her, but if you are that can still work.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Ryada wrote:
At the meeting and after the agreed upon week is set for research she asks, "Is there a particular class that any of you suggest I take as per we all are planning to gestalt. Hmmm I wonder if I should take fighter? I don't really want to mess with more spells. Oh perhaps ranger? Any books or ideas that I should look for? Though I do have an affinity for electrical magic perhaps I should look into a magical class?"

"That brings up a good question, Ryada", Joe asks the elf maiden. "Are you classically-trained as a bard, like a standard bard, or are you a specialist, like one who's focus is history or fey creatures? Perhaps you could find a gestalt class that would enhances your already considerable skill set."

Jellena Darkling wrote:
"Is anyone going to learn how to cook, I know how to in our world but barely the basics here. Joe weren't you a cook in your past life? Is there any other skills that we should diversify over the group? What are each of you good at? Is there something we are lacking as a group?"

"I cooked breakfast for the hotel I worked at for Audit. Several decades prior I worked various fast food jobs. I could give it a try. Of course, that all depends on what ingredients are available."

"As for skills to bare, I'm good at social interactions. I can lie when I need to, and detect lies fairly well. I also know what social cues are best in most situations. I'm good with animals, having lots of pets in my old life. I like to study religions and other practices as well."
Jellena Darkling wrote:
"On a different note I was thinking of changing my ninja class to sword sage or something that works best with Oracle. Any suggestions? Oh yes, I am already gestalted." She states and give a big grin with a slight shrug.

Joe looks on nonplussed. "WHAT?! You've been a ninja this whole time?! AND gestalt classed?! What the Hell! You've been playing that close to the chest!"

1,301 to 1,350 of 1,708 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Arcanium ~ Where the action happens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.