Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

In Search of Heroes (Inactive)

Game Master verdigris

Play-by-Post game set in Darkmoon Vale, using the Pathfinder ruleset.


901 to 950 of 4,787 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

As Othoe and Kast search the upper room, light catches on scratches and grooves etched upon the wall. Closer inspection reveals what appear to be journal entries, all dated in the year 3980 AR.

upon the walls, in Dwarven:

….the ground trembles with the force of Torag’s blows, each seemingly closer. We see the sparks from his anvil in the night sky and the smoke from his forge billows out in huge steaming pillars during the day. I carve my thoughts here, in my most private of sanctuaries, to protect my bretheren from my misgivings. I must squash, hammer, destroy these doubts!

Torag will see us through.

I know not what to say to keep the brother’s faith on target, but I must think of something.

...In Doubt, there is Disease.
In Doubt, there is Destruction.
In Doubt, there is Death.

....There are just as many rumblings within the monastery as without. Torag has been life and breath to this cell, protecting us from everything that might come. Yet in the face of his anger, they seek not his face, but grovel before Droskar in the darkness. I must find some way to bring their faith home. I must relieve their Doubts, but the roar from the Forge above becomes deafening, and my Brothers find it difficult to hear me above it's growl...

…The lights of Raseri Kanton have been engulfed by the earth!

The fiery glow on the horizon is not the Eye of the sky, but molten rock poured out upon the land. This cannot be the work of the Father, for it destroys much more than it could ever create!

What could your children done to anger YOU so?

....Drekulk brings word from Tar Khadurrm. He is the last, having jumped from the bridge to nearly certain death. If not for his ring, he would be part of the ash in the wind that blows ever closer. Perhaps it would have been better that way, to go quickly rather than devolve like the others. They disappear one by one by one. I heard Kalum muttering in his sleep to Droskar… "The End Comes"

...Kalum is gone. His cell is spotless, his gardens more square and perfect than ever, but he is nowhere to be seen. Droskar claims another, but where do they go?

....The brothers have returned! Pouring forth from below, they have overrun the monastery. “Convert or Die” is their battle cry, and many have done both. I am barely able to hold the door with Torag’s blessings, but for how long is unknown. Taking aid where it can be found, I have enlarged Minerva and asked her to guard below that I might leave this last warning for the future. How long she will last, only Torag can tell, but as the Father of the Forge has given me this much strength, perhaps he will see fit to bless a poor spider as well. We are the last, Droskar’s slaves have swept through the building. It is not for the likes of them, and yet, here I sit, bereft of even the companionship of a lowly spider at the last. Soon I too will lay down my chisel, lay down my hammer, and let Torag’s Will be my guide to the far realm. I leave these, my last will and wishes; should you find me, bury me within the Father’s Forge that I may become one with his work.

I have no doubts left. Torag, Father of All Creation, sees fit to start anew.

So Be It.

Jeryk Kif Jernashall



Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Othoe whistles slowly.

"Kast, can you read this? It's Dwarvish, and it's quite impressive. I think we can't just bury this poor man here, but rather within a place he calls the Father's Forge. Presuming the dead man is in fact the same Jeryk Kif Jernashall who wrote this."

If Kast cannot read the writing, Othoe translates as best he can, speaking slowly to get it right.

"Kast, you much of a historian? Does any of this ring a bell? Unfortunately my training did not include much in the way of historical reference so I'm like a buoy on the sea of knowledge - no roots."

He shouts to the folks below, "We've found some Dwarven runes and are translating them. Give us a moment and we'll bring it down."

Othoe takes out some paper and notes the Dwarven carefully. Then he wraps the document in his scroll tube and crawls back down the hole.

He takes 10 on the climb to avoid falling from such a height.

At the bottom he takes out the scroll and shares it around, translating for any who need it.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast helps Othoe scribe the dwarvish words, puzzling over the translation in his mind.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 History on Raseri Kanton

"Raseri Kanton, Othoe?"

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 History on Tar Khadurrm

"Heh. Tar Kah-DURRRR-m. 'Dur.' Heh," Kast says as he scribes some notes of his own.

* * *

Kast, when the body is lowered, will dig a grave with his shovel someplace outside the walls.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Religion on Toragian burial rites


Raseri Kanton:
A dwarven surface city, Raseri Kanton was known for as a trade hub, with the deeper cities sending their wares to Raseri Kanton and other surface cities, while calling the deeper fortresses home. Founded after the wars with the Orcs, it was said to sit directly atop its sister city, Jernashall, the capitol of the dwarven kingdom of Tar Khadurrm.

Tar Khadurrm:
Kast remembers much less of Tar KahDurrm itself, other than it was once the center of Dwarven culture, and was well known for its beautiful cities, with extravagant magma falls and towering stone monuments.

Burying the first, long snouted, body goes easily, the ground giving way to the shovel until a suitable grave has been dug. But for the second, the ground is hard, resistant, resulting in something more shallow than might seem proper.

Something thrums in Kast's mind, and he seems to remember something about some of the more devout Toragian monk's being cast back into the forge of creation upon death. This forge was different in each place, some a funeral pyre. It is rumored that others may have used actual volcanoes for this practice.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast tries to remember to tell Othoe (and whomever else cares) about what he recalls about Raseri Kanton and Dur Thadurn.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"Does this seem right to any of you? This poor dwarf surely died hard and now the ground itself rejects him. Perhaps we should come back for him and find a proper place to bury him after we are done with the plague?"


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast tosses down his shovel and looks at Nimeon.

"Yeah, it does seem harder than it should be, Nimeon. I thought it was just me being tired. But then again, I can only imagine how tired you must be just watching me climb up and down the rope repeatedly and then single handedly try to bury these two," Kast smirks at Nimeon.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

"I know nothing about dwarves", adds Chrystosm, helpfully.

"Maybe we should bury him underground, or inter him in a barrel of beer, or cremate him?"


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"That didn't tire me out at all Kast. Watching for the wolf who lives in this area is a bit of a strain though. Don't worry, if we are attacked by wolves we can always run away. Do you still want me to help dig?"

Nimeon offers Kast a Lastwall fist bump as consolation for their lots in life.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

"Yes, in his last will, he says he wishes to be buried in the Father's Forge so it's not surprising that the ground itself rejects him. I suggest we leave him here for the moment and we continue to explore. What is it we're looking for here again? I've lost track..."

I hope the Father's Forge isn't far. I want to do right by this Dwarf if we can, but the living must come before the dead.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast moves the body back to the courtyard and puts it near the wall.

"Othoe, where is Dorial?" Kast looks around.

"Nimeon, you were on guard. Where is Dorial?" Kast grabs his longspear and looks around, more concerned.


Othoe wrote:

"Yes, in his last will, he says he wishes to be buried in the Father's Forge so it's not surprising that the ground itself rejects him. I suggest we leave him here for the moment and we continue to explore. What is it we're looking for here again? I've lost track..."

I hope the Father's Forge isn't far. I want to do right by this Dwarf if we can, but the living must come before the dead.

Considering the writing on the wall, you strongly suspect that the Father's Forge would be the volcanic crater at the top of the mountains that loom nearby. While they appear close, the actual trek is likely to be long, arduous and fraught with danger, definitely too much a delay for the good townsfolk of Falcon's Hollow.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

OK then. I guess this guy doesn't get what he wants.

Othoe looks at the mountain range and gestures to them.

"I'm guessing that's the Father's Forge. I don't know about you folks, but that's an awfully long haul to be making now. Maybe we can prop the body inside and come back for him when the plague has passed. Or not at all really - who's to say this is our responsibility?"

He turns to Kast, "Hrm. No I haven't seen Dorial. She was just standing here a few moments ago when I came in to join you. She can't have gone far."


Dorial looks up and down both hallways as she makes her way into the building. Seeing a path that looks good, she turns down the southern hall.

Dorial will move cautiously towards F12.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"What's this? How could I miss her?"

Nimeon will cast about looking for signs of Dorial and begin tracking her if he is able.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Well...I hope she dug an arrow pointing the way.


Dorial:
Just ahead, something mutters, the sound a sibilant hiss from beyond the door, "ՇՇՇՇՇՇՇ!!!!!" before all falls into silence. Across the hall, a small reptilian creature looks wide eyed at her, almost surprised as she probably is as the scroll in his hands crumbles to bits. He recovers quickly, though, yanking on a rope that runs up the wall, across the ceiling, and down by the door to an awkwardly shaped block, which comes free at his tug, releasing the doors to slam shut behind her.

dice rolls for Dorial encounter:
stealth for Flegmittle 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Initiative rolls for Dorial and Flegmittle:
Flegmittle: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Dorial: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Due to the flaky nature of initiative rolls, I'll redo yours and Flegmittles once the others join you if that will work ok for you. It is now your turn, as Flegmittle had a surprise round on you, plus won initiative.

perception 10:

A slight tremor ripples through the ground, and out of the corner of one eye, the West doors are just barely visible shutting hard, but without a single sound.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

"The western door!"

Nimeon puts actions to words and moves to the door he saw swing closed.


Laying at the foot of the door, the tiny shrunken head leers up at the companions from outside the heavy closed doors to the monastery. It's blank wide-eyed stare seems to come to life for a moment, repeating the entrusted message in Dorial's wisp of a voice,

"Y'all were taking too long so I went on ahead. I believe the way down is through these doors, but I'll send word back here if I need assistance."

Its message delivered, the wizened little head's eyes snap tightly closed once more.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast follows Nimeon in his fighting stance, preparing the longspear for use against any enemy.

Kast flinches as the voodoo head speaks, but listens carefully to the words.

"Alright peeps, let's stay calm and go in and find Dorial. No shouting, please. We want to keep our calm and not alert everyone."

Kast opens the door when people are ready to follow where Dorial went.

"Chrysto, if you want to go first, I'll cover you with the longspear. Nimeon, you have the back? Othoe, make sure Simon doesn't go running off too when he sees more spiders."

Kast looks at Simon.

The poor sick bastard. Hang on, buddy.


Kast tries to open the doors, but the heavy stone seems stuck closed, or at least too heavy to simply open on a whim. stuck stone doors=DC15 strength check or 18 disable device


Simon:
While the others try to draw your attention, Llwynaly nudges at your hand as well, finally dropping a small mushroom into your lap. Faint flecks of the iridescent powder from earlier shimmer on its top, reminiscent of the spidery webs that have been haunting your dreams.


Round 1 | Initiative 17

Spellcraft vs scroll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Seeing that she is not alone, and watching the doors close behind her, Dorial crouches down into a defensive position. Her shield raised and dart ready to throw, she watches his moves for any signs of aggression.

Readied action to Wind Blast (Su) should he attempt to cast a spell or make aggressive movements towards Dorial.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Chrystosm attempts to get the door open, either on his own or in conjunction with one of the others

Strength check/Aid Another 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Othoe dutifully takes up the rear and eyes Simon.

He'll do alright. He just needs to relax and settle in with the flow of things.

"Lead on Kast, we're ready! Good job on that door Chrystosm!"

Othoe takes out and grips his dagger in one hand while he fingers his spell component pouch with the other.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast moves to aid Chrysto with the stuck door.

Of all the luck...

"At least this explains why she hasn't responded. One...two...three..."

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 Str to aid Chrysto

Soldiers heave.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Simon's eyes pop wide and he quickly gobbles up the little mushroom then pats the head of Llwynaly with affection. "That's my girl!"

"Sorry, friends, I sort of blanked out there for a minute...or two. I'm on the way, just let me pack this up real quick."

Pulling a sack from his backpack, Simon scampers over to the skeletal remains of the dwarf and carefully places the bones into the bag. average human skeleton is 20 lbs, assume the dwarf weighed 170 lbs, so calculate it about the same weight?

Simon carries the sack freely in his arms, cradling it with reverence.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast looks at Simon stuffing the dwarf into his backpack, then cradling the backpack like a swaddled child. Sheesh, for once, I'd like just one PbP game where I don't type those words.

*sigh*

He's getting worse.

"Uhm...Simon...we think that that body needs to go up to volcano..." Kast points up the nearby mountain. "We were going to leave it here and get it later, if necessary. But maybe we're missing why you want to bring it with?"


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Nimeon readies at the rear of the group, waiting for Chrys and Kast to break down the door.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Simon blinks slowly and looks blankly at Kast, as if it should be clear why the dwarf corpse be stuffed in a bag and hoisted about.

"We can't just leave him, his body has been hidden there all those years, now that we've exposed it we're the ones responsible for seeing him through to his final destination. I'll carry him, even back to town if I must, this task is ours now, regardless if we want it or not."

A shrewish look crosses Simon's face.

"You didn't let me carry the cauldron about though, is it to be the same again? The cauldron will find me, mark my words, and when it appears, creeping out of the darkness, then you'll be the ones looking over your shoulders, waiting for the corpse of the neglected dwarf to sneak up on you!"

Simon clutches the corpse in a bag and glares at his companions.


Dorial wrote:

Round 1 | Initiative 17

Spellcraft vs scroll: 1d20+5

Seeing that she is not alone, and watching the doors close behind her, Dorial crouches down into a defensive position. Her shield raised and dart ready to throw, she watches his moves for any signs of aggression.

Readied action to Wind Blast (Su) should he attempt to cast a spell or make aggressive movements towards Dorial.

Round 2, Initiative 24

The silence that surrounds Dorial is absolute; not even the scrape of her soles upon the floor makes any noise. The little reptilian face seems to grin from behind the door(E8), one finger crooking to call her closer in the universal sign to approach. The sharp point of a dagger gleams in his hand, prepared to stab or pitch as the need arises. Stepping out and around, he motions with the blade, his mouth moving, though this too has been silenced.

Spellcraft=Silence. He/She/It moves from E7 to G7 with his dagger, provoking, though gaining partial cover from the doors. map.

Let's do (round 1) for discovering she's missing, (round 2) for fighting with the doors. I will do new initiatives at the start of round 3.


Round 2 | Initiative 17 | F9 -> F8

Returning its grin, Dorial steps forward to confront the the creature, dropping her dart on the ground and draws her club. Testing the weight of the club, she taunts the creature in return.

Readied action if he attacks: Wind Blast1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Round 3
Flegmittle. . . . . . . . 23.1
Simon. . . . . . . . . . . 23
Chrystosm. . . . . . . .18
Nimeon . . . . . . . . . .16
Dorial. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12.1
Othoe. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . 12
Kast. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . .9

initiative rolls:

Chrystosm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Dorial: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Kast: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Nimeon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Othoe: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Simon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Flegmittle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Flegmittle swings the blade up and around, ready to strike, when Dorial's WindBlast surges forth, knocking him back and to the side. His dagger slips silently across the floor and down the hall as the little gold reptile falls prone. The stone door breaks free, slamming into his head, though both the slam and his scream are swallowed by the complete lack of sound with nary a peep.

from the other side:

The door finally gives way, with Kast and Chrysto nearly falling in as it does so. It hits something, though it makes no noise in doing so. A gust of wind rushes out of the building, ruffling hair and clothing of those closest to the door.

Flegmittle is now in (H7), prone and battered by the door.
Non-lethal slam attack by the intruders1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 181d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7makes the reflex to save for half.

and I believe that makes it Simon's turn, though go when you will and I'll put it in order.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

What can we see? How light is it?


Chrystosm wrote:
What can we see? How light is it?

Currently you can see what is lit in the map, due to Dorial's Light spell on the dart on the floor. Of course, you can't see around the corners until you would normally be able to do so.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Round 1, Init 9

"!" Kast points at Chrysto and then inside. "?" Kast asks Chrystosm.

" ! ?" Kasts says vehemently. Kast waits a response from Chrystosm.

Kast readies his spear on his turn.


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Round 3, Initiative 12, Location: L8->N7

Status:
HP: 7/7
Weapon Equipped = Dagger
Conditions = None
Arcane Bond = Unused
Force Missile = 4/6
Wizard Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1) Color Spray, Magic Missile w/ Topple

Othoe takes a close look at the creature and tries to understand a little about it's nature.

Likely neither of these, but he tries anyway...
Knowledge local or arcane 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Learning nothing useful, Othoe mumbles under his breath and backs away until he can hear himself (N7 should do it I hope?). He then readies a Force Missile to hit Flegmittle if he takes any hostile actions against the party.

In case he does... Force Missile hits for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage.


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Round 3, Init 23, HP 8/9, AC 17

Llwynaly barks urgently, then nips at Simon's leg, startling him from his focused discussion.

"What, Dorial, she's in the...." As the door clatters down Simon's speech turns into incoherent blubbering, he drops the sack of corpse, and strides forward while drawing his morningstar.

free action: drop item - move action: draw weapon - move action: move forward to J8


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Round 1, init 18

"!**#<>!", replies Chrystosm, drawing his rapier and looking around to see what he's just tripped over.

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 13

Apropos of nothing, this method of conversation makes me long for an Asterix the Gaul swearword generator, which must exist *somewhere* on the web... Don't know if that'll make sense to anyone except me, though


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Round 1 Init 16

Status:

HP = 11/11
AC = 15/12/13
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Longbow
Speed = 20'
Smite Evil = 1/1
Status Effects = None

Nimeon gazes at the creature on the floor, the power of Erastil enabling him to see into it's heart.

Move Action: Detect Evil. If it's Evil I'll shoot it.

Mwk Longbow PBS: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Didn't include prone but I think I whiffed it.


Round 3 | Initiative 12.1

Surprised to see familiar faces, Dorial gestures to the creature lying half-exposed behind the door while readying herself in the event that he stands up.

Bluff check to gesture vs DC 15:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Sense Motive:

The strain must be too much as Dorial's arms make odd gestures in the air.

Readied action to windblast the kobold if he stands up:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Flegmittle scurries back 5 feet, provoking an attack by Kast with his longspear. Kast misses, and Flegmittle scrambles to his feet next to Dorial. (moves back to G7, then stands).

Simon, seeing the creature inside and Dorial near him, draws his weapon, babbles a little, and moves (to J8) up.
Chrystosm curses in surprise, draws his rapier and stares at the little reptilian creature as it scrambles back towards Dorial.

Nimeon, ever on the trail of evil, gets a faint whiff of it, and shoots first, more than willing to forgo the asking questions part the equation altogether. His arrow skitters harmlessly and soundlessly across the floor to land at Dorial’s feet.

Dorial, for her part, waves her hands around, but whatever she meant to say is lost on her companions. She prepares to windblast the little guy, but is too late, his quick response earlier in the round getting him to his feet before she can react (used your attack of op for last round to blow him down the first time, leaving him able to stand this time before your next readied action going off). She tries to blow him back again, but he is ready, and stays on his feet.

Othoe, seeing the thing clearly, remembers hearing stories about kobolds in this area, and that the creatures are sensitive to bright light such as sunlight. He moves back (to N7) to be able to hear himself, and shoots a force missile at the thing when it jumps up next to Dorial, wounding its shoulder with his magic.

Kast’s spear attack against the scurrying Flegmittle1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

end of round 1, begin round 2
Round 2

last round summary:

Flegmittle. . . . . . . . 23.1
Simon. . . . . . . . . . . 23 draws weapon and moves to J8
Chrystosm. . . . . . . .18 curses and looks
Nimeon . . . . . . . . . .16 sense faint evil just ahead, not entirely sure but shoots at the kobold on the floor, sending an arrow sliding across the floor.
Dorial. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12.1 waves her hands around, trying to say something, but the others don't understand, uses WB but it doesn’t work (that’s 2 for the day? )
Othoe. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . 12 learns that Flegmittle is a kobold, shoots missile, wounds for 2 points
Kast. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. 9, readies and attacks, but misses

Round 2 (for everyone), Init 23.1,
Looking at Dorial, the creature grimaces, then bolts across the hallway into the door next to her, provoking attacks from both Dorial and Kast as he sprints through the door on the other side and into the shadows.
map, assuming he lives through the two AoO


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

If Flegmittle survives...

Round 2, init 18

"Tally ho!"

Chrystosm decides to chase after the creature and attempt to rugby tackle it.

Run after the kobold - if in a position to do so, dive at the creature and try to grapple it (provoking AoO) - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 The latest in a series of fantastic ideas...


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast, who already swung and missed on an AoO, is not in position to take another.

Off balance again! I need to position myself better!


Dorial swings at the Kobold as it ducks into the side room.

Attack of opportunity:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 181d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2


Human Oracle 5 / Witch 1 | init +3, per +1 | AC 16/13/13 | HP 19/37 | Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17

Round 4, Init 23, HP 8/9, AC 17

Unsure what's occurring, Simon will ready an action to strike the kobold if it poses a threat, and try to follow it if it flees.


Dorial swings, and is almost certain it should have hit, but her attack bounces off some unseen force, and the little kobold escapes into the darkness of the room. Chrystosm and Simon follow, with Chrystosm grabbing onto something and squeezing it tight. Poor Simon is right behind him, but can't see a thing past Chrystosm's fight with whatever it is that he's grabbed hold of, but doesn't remember their adversary wearing anything quite so voluminous or dusty.

Soo close, Dorial. You almost had him. Sorry for the delay, continue with the rounds, please.


|| Per +15 | Fort +9 Ref +9 Will +6 | BAB +5 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Half-Elf (Humanoid Elf/Human) Paladin of Erastil/Ranger 3/2

Round 2

Status:

HP = 11/11
AC = 15/12/13
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Longbow
Speed = 20'
Smite Evil = 1/1
Status Effects = None

Recover Arrow: 1d100 ⇒ 38

His arrow broken by the missed shot Nimeon pulls another from his quiver before stepping slightly into the room and covering the rest of the visible complex.

5' to H7

"Dorial, what's going on here?"


Male Halfing (Chelaxian) (HP: 30/32, AC: 12 (f11/t12))

Round 2, Initiative 12, Location: N7

Status:
HP: 7/7
Weapon Equipped = Dagger
Conditions = None
Arcane Bond = Unused
Force Missile = 3/6
Wizard Spells Remaining:
0) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1) Color Spray, Magic Missile w/ Topple

Othoe watches the small creature scurry out of site and considers the available space. He looks around the courtyard and waits.

Delaying I think for now.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Round 1, Init 9

Kast will move to F7 and cast light on his spear...and nothing happens.

"!" Kast mouth moves with silent invectives.

Oh yeah...silence.


M Human (Cheliaxian) Fighter (Cad) 3 /Rogue 3

Round 2, Init 18

This is either 'Chrysthu meets the nameless horror' or 'Playtime with Bozotosm the Clown'. I wonder which?

Chrystosm squints into the darkness to see whether or not he wants to maintain his grapple

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 19 Will delay further action until I know what's what...

901 to 950 of 4,787 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "In Search of Heroes" gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.