Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Rat Sass's Age of Worms

Game Master Governayle

Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
Map of Diamond Lake
Map of Egorian
Map of Diamond Lake, Destroyed


7,251 to 7,300 of 8,282 << first < prev | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human

Mortimer wades through the crowd, largely ignoring the unwanted clinging. Every once in a while he becomes too encumbered to move as the children swarm trying to climb him.

Where did all of these little people come from? Can't they keep them put away? Why can't they all be grown women like Sol?!

When this happens, with a wink to nearby maidens -- he patiently plucks them off one by one and sets them back on the street on their way before resuming the wading.

GMSass wrote:
The promise of a dinner with Ekaym, the Crooked House and its residents, Eligos and his estate, and his final conclusions of Worm study.

"Well, that's it. We've returned to civilization with all its -- ACK!" he gasps, as a particularly spry child expertly and expeditiously scales him, then grabs onto his nose for leverage in upward momentum. He removes the baby by the scruff of his collar, and bellows, "There! I hear your mother calling you! She's over there!" he points vaguely off into the distance, helping the child along with a gentle shove of the ball of the foot.

"Where was I? Right. Civilization... This, Sodden Hold and Mind Readers... It's early in the day, still. Morning, even. Should we bother checking in at the Crooked House after our shopping errands? We can drop off some smelt, say 'Hi' to Scout, and see if Raziel wants to come to Eligos and his estate with us."

Eidi wrote:
"We decided to visit Ekaym, didn't we? We would likely have to find a moment to report to Celeste as well"
Ascaria wrote:
"We could report to Celeste now, get it out of the way."

"Can we bring her to dinner at Ekaym's? You don't think he'd mind, do you?! It's only because of her and Eidi that we know Ekaym at all!" asks, trying to hide his excitement about the possibility of seeing Celeste again.


hp 99/102 | AC 19/13/16 | CMD 17 | F +14 R +8 W +17 (+2 vs enchantments, fear and death effects; immune to sleep) | (Ch: 3/3 S: 9/10 Ex: 3/3 B: 1|1 L1: 5/7|6/6+0/2 L2: 5/6|4/5 L3: 3/5|4/5+1/1 L4: 2/4|2/3) | Ini +1 | Senses +16
Skills:
Acrob+5,App+10,Bluff+0,Climb-1,Diplom+14,Escap+12,Heal+7,Knowledge(Arcana+2 0,Local+20,Religion+20,Other+12),Linguis+10,Perf.Wind+3,Prof+5,S.Motives+7, SoHand+9,Spellcraft+20,Stealth+1,Concentration+16|+11
Old Half-elf Wizard 3/Cleric (ecclesithurge) 3/Theurge 5 | mage armor 10h, see invisibility 200 min, evil circle prot. 80 min

"I can later send a magical message to Celeste. That would suffice" Eidi looks at his own tunic a bit ragged after the numerous fights in the Arena "Perhaps I should look for a tailor to fix this. I would not like to appear disgusting to Ekaym tonight. And I should also check for that locate creature spell"

If possible Eidi would look for someone able to teach him locate creature to add it to his spellbook


Male, Gnome

"Cool about the magical message and all, but we should probably thank her in person if we can."

Isn't she in town? Can we just pop over before dinner? Should have time...


F Half Elf:
AC 27 (w/shield), HP 92, F14R10W11,Dip+11, HanAnim+7;K(rel)+14, Spllcrft +14,UMD +18

Solrisa, still motivated by dinner, is still headed to Ekaym's unless otherwise directed. It is slow going however as she stops often to smile and wave to anyone who seems inclined to be nice to the party.


hp 99/102 | AC 19/13/16 | CMD 17 | F +14 R +8 W +17 (+2 vs enchantments, fear and death effects; immune to sleep) | (Ch: 3/3 S: 9/10 Ex: 3/3 B: 1|1 L1: 5/7|6/6+0/2 L2: 5/6|4/5 L3: 3/5|4/5+1/1 L4: 2/4|2/3) | Ini +1 | Senses +16
Skills:
Acrob+5,App+10,Bluff+0,Climb-1,Diplom+14,Escap+12,Heal+7,Knowledge(Arcana+2 0,Local+20,Religion+20,Other+12),Linguis+10,Perf.Wind+3,Prof+5,S.Motives+7, SoHand+9,Spellcraft+20,Stealth+1,Concentration+16|+11
Old Half-elf Wizard 3/Cleric (ecclesithurge) 3/Theurge 5 | mage armor 10h, see invisibility 200 min, evil circle prot. 80 min

Eidi smiles "I cannot tell where she is right now, as I myself do not know, but she left town immediately after our last supper together"

"We should probably better visit Ekaym and see what does he have to say about Loris and all the other stuff" the half-elf keeps walking helping himself with his arcane staff.


Male Human
Eidi wrote:
"I can later send a magical message to Celeste. That would suffice"

At this, Mortimer immediately looks crestfallen.

Solrisa wrote:
Solrisa, still motivated by dinner ...

"But it's awhile before dinner! We just had breakfast! It's not even lunchtime yet," Mortimer points out, wishing there was something he could do to speed up time.

He pulls out the map of Egorian, and points to the Academy of the Magical Arts.

"Hey! Eidi! Maybe these guys can help you get the locate person scroll!" he looks at Eidi and pauses at some length. "Maybe with two we can find Celeste, too? ... I'll even pony up the cash for one!"

"After that, we can get some smelt, head to the Crooked House, check in, have lunch and cookies with tea. Then we could see if Raziel would like to come with us to Eligos's to hear what more if anything Eligos might have learned about Worms, and if Eligos can help get Raziel back to Korvosa -- assuming Raziel even still wants to return there."

"After that, dinner at Ekaym's?" he proposes.


Male, Gnome
Eidi wrote:
Eidi smiles "I cannot tell where she is right now, as I myself do not know, but she left town immediately after our last supper together"

"Ahhhh, I forgot that, sorry. All this fighting has left me a little addled I fear." he grins

”Yeah, Mort’s right (I think). We have lots of time, and we want to prepare to hunt Loris, so let’s pick up the scrolls or whatever we need now and check in with the others before dinner. No need to stand around doing nothing when Loris is almost certainly preparing for us.”


Rat Roll20 Link

GM Rolls:

1d100 ⇒ 25

Eidi:

The Egorian Academy of the Magical Arts is just off Thrune Square, to the north by several city blocks. There, you may inquire about membership, and thereby gain access to its permitted spellbook library, for scribing spells into your personal spellbook.

The new Champions debate acquiring spell scrolls. Mortimer rightly points to one of the respected channels for procuring such scrolls- the Academy of Magical Arts. Divine scrolls are largely controlled by the Midnight Temple, though the smaller local churches of Abadar and Iomedae which are tolerated may be able to provide, as well. While magical weaponry and armor are often available for purchase through local stores, the Academy maintains a firm hand in regulating public transactions regarding all things magic.

Knowledge(Local) DC 15:

There is likely a black market that would also assist in securing the scrolls, though it may take a little longer, with a strongly implied 'buyer beware', relating to the Hellknight Order of the Scourge, which seeks to unearth anything with the smell of illegality.

For its proximity, you find yourselves on the dolerite steps of the Academy within the hour of your drifting from Thrune Square. You are greeted in short order by a trio of white-clad, young acolytes, who escort you across a grandly vaulted entry hall and into a naturally lit viewing room, one of dozens. The room is empty, save for a single plain table which rises to a comfortable height while one stands, hence the lack of chairs. The room is a twenty-foot square.

One of the acolytes stands to engage you in your inquiry, her face never turning from you. Another acolyte places a small, black leather journal on the table, and begins to write at every spoken word. The third acolyte waits for instruction from the first, depending on your petition.

The door closes behind you, which times perfectly to the female acolyte's gesture to something directly above her. "We are not alone here. Please note the sensor with us now. Welcome to the Academy. What may we do for you today?"

...

Gaining entrance to the Crooked House, you are greeted loudly by Tarquin and Christina, who are at present cleaning the main room. Their welcome, in turn, triggers the eventual sound of footsteps pounding down the stairs, as Scout's ruddy-cheeked face emerges around the bar, followed close behind by the agile pseudodragon. Raziel's wings are tucked neatly along his back, as he scurries along the stairs, then floor, keeping his profile low.

Scout lands a hug on the first one of you she can reach, before moving from person to person, leaving no one out. Raziel damns his current protocol to take wing, circling the room quickly, before landing on Solrisa's shoulder and nuzzling the maiden's hair.

"Oh, we've heard! How wonderful! I knew you'd win, I just knew it!!" Scout's voice is something changed, her timbre bright and bold, a confidence radiating warmly, where once it echoed cold and quiet.

"Oh, you must tell us everything! Everything!! Don't you dare leave out the smallest detail! I'll know, you know, and your pants will itch with ants if you hold back!" To reinforce the point, she tugs on Tynan's pants, pretend-pinching with still-bony fingers.


Male Human Fighter (archer) / Sorcerer (stormborn) / Eldritch Knight 1/7/3

knowledge local DC:15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Eri is caught off guard by Scout’s glow-ey exuberance. He stiffens briefly at the hug but quickly returns it letting the warmth tumble in. During the story telling he makes sure Ascaria does not leave any his own heroic feats out.

When we are out purchasing Eri re-supplies his Cold Iron Arrows.


hp 99/102 | AC 19/13/16 | CMD 17 | F +14 R +8 W +17 (+2 vs enchantments, fear and death effects; immune to sleep) | (Ch: 3/3 S: 9/10 Ex: 3/3 B: 1|1 L1: 5/7|6/6+0/2 L2: 5/6|4/5 L3: 3/5|4/5+1/1 L4: 2/4|2/3) | Ini +1 | Senses +16
Skills:
Acrob+5,App+10,Bluff+0,Climb-1,Diplom+14,Escap+12,Heal+7,Knowledge(Arcana+2 0,Local+20,Religion+20,Other+12),Linguis+10,Perf.Wind+3,Prof+5,S.Motives+7, SoHand+9,Spellcraft+20,Stealth+1,Concentration+16|+11
Old Half-elf Wizard 3/Cleric (ecclesithurge) 3/Theurge 5 | mage armor 10h, see invisibility 200 min, evil circle prot. 80 min

Eidi looks breathless at Mortimer as he draws the map and points out the Academy of the Magical Arts. The half-elf rudely takes the map from the giants hands "What??! This is outrageous!"

"The took the capital from Westcrown and even moved here the Academy of Magical Arts?" the elder clenches his teeth "What has it been of good professor Roglin or mind you lady Mariabel?"

-------------------

After shuffling away his angriness Eidi reaches the Academy in as good disposition he can to learn as much as the group needs. He greets the female acolyte "Nice to meet you nice fellow, my name is Eidi and I would like to review some longly forgotten magical lines and write them down to my book. How much would it be the fee to gain access to your Archives?"

"[b]I am particularly interested into some basic spells: locate creature, dark tentacles, elemental body I, ice wall, arcane sight, knock and locate object" he adds.


F Half Elf:
AC 27 (w/shield), HP 92, F14R10W11,Dip+11, HanAnim+7;K(rel)+14, Spllcrft +14,UMD +18

Solrisa waits as magics are procured. She's happy to contribute monies to the efforts as she wants to find Loris.

She has no idea why Eidi is so angry about Eastcrown or the Academy...she doesn't just get it.

* * *
"Hey Razie, it's good to see you too," Solrisa beams, nuzzling the pseudodrake back in its scaly face. And she kneels down to give Scout a big hug. "Of course we won. We had the Dragon with us. And teamwork. And nothing could beat that. Nothing." Solrisa beams and smiles and answers questions about the victory.


Male, Gnome

Ascaria is quiet, even subdued, during their time at the academy. His magic has always come to him naturally, and as such, he knows that some are jealous of his ways. These folks seem nice enough, but you never know...

Later, at the bar, he joyfully relates their story, letting others cut in at length trying to make the storytelling a group affair. When appropriate, he brings out drawings to show what they saw, and what they did. He's beaming, glowing almost, and all smiles - proud of his accomplishments.

He agrees with Sol - if Eidi needs some funds for the spells, he's happy to chip in to find Loris. He also sells their items, happy especially to rid the party of that unholy club....

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Divvy!
We had an error in the treasure sheet which I'm cleaning up with this divvy. Sorry for that. From what's left though, everyone gets 3,363gp to make purchases if anything strikes your fancy.

When the funds have been distributed, Ascaria walks up to Sol. "I want to thank you for the loaner you gave me a while ago. Now that we're flush, I must repay you. Here, and thanks again."

He hands Sol 1,500gp to square the books between them, pocketing the rest of the cash.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human
Eidi wrote:
The half-elf rudely takes the map from the giants hands."What??! This is outrageous!"

Mortimer's eyes grow wide with surprise as Eidi snatches the map out of his outstretched arms, and he watches Eidi very carefully with an arched compromised eyebrow. Once he is sure Eidi's outrage is merely directed at the geographical politics and maps, he slowly lowers his arms so as not to further enrage or alarm the half elf.

He stays very, very quiet, and follows the group to the Academy.

Female Acolyte wrote:
"We are not alone here. Please note the sensor with us now. Welcome to the Academy. What may we do for you today?"

As the negotiations proceed, Mortimer notes the sensor as asked, cocking his head curiously at it. He walks up to it and peers into its focal point intently.

Frowning, he scratches his head. Why don't these things ever work in reverse!? he inwardly complains, gently tapping it hoping to get to see who is watching.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23 +18 If Surp/Inviso/Incorpo
Is it a non-invisible identical version of the sensor we observed in Sodden Hold, or do they just all look like this?

GMSass:
While out shopping, Mortimer will wait to see what the others need to purchase. He will contribute what is necessary. In the end providing that there is enough cash left over, he will purchase a Masterwork +1 magic enhanced Butterfly Sword. (4620 Gp, +1 hit, +1 damage)

~~~~
Crooked House

Mortimer waves and salutes as he walks into the Crooked House. He sets down his haul of fresh smelt to warmly hug Scout back. Touched by her renewed vitality, He beams in gratitude at the "hidden" forces that gave her a second chance at life.

He nods to Raziel as he performs his aerial greeting. He holds up his smelt score for all to see. "I'm told these are fresh caught," he announces, "so no time to waste." He wanders off to avail himself to the kitchen.

A little while later, he returns with fresh sweet fish kabobs and a spicy hot/sour sauce.

"We all deserve a little treat." he states.


Rat Roll20 Link
Eidi wrote:
"Nice to meet you nice fellow, my name is Eidi and I would like to review some longly forgotten magical lines and write them down to my book. How much would it be the fee to gain access to your Archives?"

The female acolyte smiles and nods, raising her hand forward, in a gesture that invites the half-elf to step forward. "Before we go any further, would you please demonstrate your ability."

The sensor remains in place, as the giant reaches somewhat rudely above the female acolyte's head to poke at it. The sensor has the same general transparency and sphericity as the scry sensor observed in the Sodden Hold.

...

GM Rolls:

1d100 ⇒ 57

Mortimer:

You can easily secure the MasterWork Butterfly Sword(s), but require separate services to see it magicked to +1.

Depending on how the relations fare at the Academy, the Sword can be taken there, or given over to the proprietor of Bear and Bellows for magical treatment on retainer.

...

For all of the maiden's wiles, she can't compete with fresh smelt. Raziel purrs a psuedodragon purr, and nods vigorously as smelt is given over, fresh or no. Tarquin shooes him to drag the bag into the kitchen, as eating on the bar makes for messy feeding and uncomfortable patrons, as a handful lingers about.

Tarquin, Christina, and Scout all enjoy the recounting, only interrupting to ask about the other competitors, what they were like up close and personal, what was Loris like, and the like. They really like the storytelling. They are less enthusiastic as your stories touch on the Queen and your close quarters with Her, though they do look more at ease when you detail nothing untowards.

The afternoon passes the time in a lovely way, as the Crooked House begins to take on more and more patrons, correlating nicely with the tapering debriefing.

...

The time for dinner with Ekaym arrives, as do you at his estate. You have no need for permissions or Estate sigils, as most of the dottari you encounter on your approach seem to recognize your entourage immediately. You are expected.

You are escorted through Ekaym's manor, until you find yourselves entering the back patio. With lush foliage, you are shielded from a light rain that has begun to fall with the setting sun. The servants come and go, as various plates of food are placed along a long serving table. The food at least matches the production of the Gauntlet, but often surpasses it for smaller batches of meat cuts, finer wines, and more exotic vegetable selections.

Ekaym joins you in short order, himself dressed in casual house robes. He greets you each individually, robust handshakes and backclapping almost without end. But end it does, as a voice physically turns each of your heads in its direction.

"So I'm indebted to these fine people, Ekaym? I am only too glad for the chance to thank them, then."

Before you stands Lahaka, brought to life, much like a masterpiece painting exudes a vibrancy through expert restoration. She wears a sheer evening gown, the color of peacock. Her movement across the patio belies her formal training in dance, as she appears to float without footsteps. She doesn't wait to enter each of your personal spaces, but she also pauses to feel the change in your body's muscles, before she either maintains a proper, courteous hug, or melts into you, bringing a full awareness of the feminine form. Her scent is a mixture of jasmine, tuberose, and gardenia, and her kiss of gratitude is quite soft.

"Shall we dine? Ekaym promises a curated sarain this evening with our entree, so I might even find the courage to dance for you, as well."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male, Gnome

Status:
HP: 63/63 AC: 24 (F21/T14) (included: +2 from magic vestment)
Weapon Equipped = None
Conditions = Magic Vestment on Buckler (8/10h)
Life Link (10)(100’) = Eri, Edi, Mort, Sol, Tynan, Lahaka
Channel Energy (9/9)(7/7) (DC: 23)(Avoid 6) (5d6+1+2d6 phylactery)
Amiable Blunder (1/1) (if Diplomacy failed by >5, re-roll to avoid worsening attitude)
Rod of Extend (lesser) (1/3)
Melee Attack: BAB +7/+2, Size +1 Damage: +0
Ranged Attack: BAB +7/+2, Dex +1, Size +1 Damage: +0
Spells (Caster Level 10, Concentration +16)
Once per Day: Arcane Mark, Comprehend Languages, Message, Read Magic
Zero (16): Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Spark, Stabilize
First (17): (7/8) Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Diagnose Disease, Enhance Water, Liberating Command, Remove Fear
Second (18): (7/8) Burst of Radiance, Cure Moderate Wounds, Lesser Restoration, Light Prison, Pilfering Hand, Protection from Evil Communal
Third (19): (5/7) Cure Serious Wounds, Daylight, Magic Vestments, Neutralize Poison, Prayer
Fourth (20): (5/6) Blessings of Fervor, Cure Critical Wounds, Protection from Energy Communal, Restoration
Fifth (21): (4/4) Air Walk Communal, Breath of Life, Cure Light Wounds Mass

Ascaria wonders what spell Eidi will select for his demonstration. Will it be something powerful so as to impress them? Or will he keep it simple and merely show them his art. He's watching keenly to see how it turns out.

- - -

He enjoys himself thoroughly at the Crooked House. These are his people, not the Queen or the many in her entourage with power. Nor Loris and his evil cronies. He enjoys being with 'just folk'.

- - -

When they travel through to the manor, Ascaria begins to worry about their notoriety. That is going to make it very difficult to get information about Loris without tipping their hand. He wonders how they will manage to find him, and best him.

He greets Ekaym warmly, and has questions he wants to ask, but manages to refrain from asking them out of politeness. He keeps his tongue in his head, at least until Lahaka appears. HIs grin broadens with her hug and he says, "Lahaka, you owe us nothing, we are only too glad to have been of whatever minor assistance we've been in your restoration. It's good to see you whole and hale."

He can't help but to reach out with his magics and protect the elegant woman. He links her in his healing circle.


hp 99/102 | AC 19/13/16 | CMD 17 | F +14 R +8 W +17 (+2 vs enchantments, fear and death effects; immune to sleep) | (Ch: 3/3 S: 9/10 Ex: 3/3 B: 1|1 L1: 5/7|6/6+0/2 L2: 5/6|4/5 L3: 3/5|4/5+1/1 L4: 2/4|2/3) | Ini +1 | Senses +16
Skills:
Acrob+5,App+10,Bluff+0,Climb-1,Diplom+14,Escap+12,Heal+7,Knowledge(Arcana+2 0,Local+20,Religion+20,Other+12),Linguis+10,Perf.Wind+3,Prof+5,S.Motives+7, SoHand+9,Spellcraft+20,Stealth+1,Concentration+16|+11
Old Half-elf Wizard 3/Cleric (ecclesithurge) 3/Theurge 5 | mage armor 10h, see invisibility 200 min, evil circle prot. 80 min

Eidi stares at the woman for a while "I guess that is fair" the half-elf turns towards Ascaria "Can I?" and picks up one of the halfling's loose hairs in his hat.

Holding up the hair for everybody to see he waves his other hand and looks close up the hair. With a couple arcane words and a hand movement over the hair Eidi casts a spell and suddenly starts to shrink and fat!

Spellcraft DC 18:

Alter self

As the magic finishes all it is left from Eidi is a halfling female of blue rounded eyes "Voilà!" the halfling smiles wide.

-------------

Eidi greets Ekaym then Lahaka with a grim look "I fear you might not be totally safe until we make sure Loris will never again bother you"

The half-elf sits close to Lahaka "But tell me, how was your passage? Did you see the light? How did you feel when you were called back?"


F Half Elf:
AC 27 (w/shield), HP 92, F14R10W11,Dip+11, HanAnim+7;K(rel)+14, Spllcrft +14,UMD +18

"Oh, Eidi! That's a neat trick! You must show me how to do that," Solrisa claps her hands with glee and joy for Eidi's successful change.

"I like you that way if you like you that way...it's the best way!"

* * *

"Lahaka?! Nice to meet you!!" Solrisa pours every ounce of joy and bliss into her return hug with Lahaka. "You look great! And you're going to dance for us! That sounds lovely!!" Sol smiles bigly.

"Oh my Dragon, yes, let's eat!" Solrisa seems really excited about food. "We should talk about Loris and how to find him. I would like to find him and make sure he doesn't get to do this again."


Rat Roll20 Link
Eidi wrote:
"Voilà!"

Perception DC 25:

You can hear a faint voice, speaking to the female acolyte, presumably. "That will do."

Perception DC 25 and Spellcraft DC 22:

There is Greater Scrying about, as the sensor allowed a Message to be passed.

The female acolyte lowers her hand, and bows a light curtsy. "You are welcome, practitioner. Anyone else?" She looks about the others out of courtesy, but continues whether or not anyone else steps forward to demonstrate their skill, as well.

"You are welcome to enroll for the year, and apprentice with the finest teachers of all Golarion. A year's tuition is 2000 gold. If you prove exceptionally gifted, the fee can be negotiated, of course." When it appears that Eidi is only interested in a short visit for certain procurements, the acolyte nods politely.

"A day's visit is 100 gold. The spellbooks are brought to you one at a time for your study. You are assessed our standard copy-right at half the cost to scribe the spell. Of course, you are only liable for the spells which you successfully study. If you're ready to begin?" For those not part of the transaction, you are escorted from the Academy, leaving Eidi to his concentrations. The half-elf has indicated a desire to study seven spells, which leaves him no time to visit at the Crooked House, before meeting with Ekaym at the designated dinner time.

Eidi:

Aside from the 100gp, the time and expense to copy spells is standard rules. Feel free to make your Spellcraft checks, and tally your time and gold. Seven spells, seven hours, then?

...

Ascaria wrote:
"Lahaka, you owe us nothing, we are only too glad to have been of whatever minor assistance we've been in your restoration. It's good to see you whole and hale."

Lahaka smiles upon the humble gnome, her eyes visibly brightening as Ascaria tethers her to him in his healing chain-link. She is about to say something, when Ekaym takes her hand. Lahaka reaches forward to grab Solrisa's hand, so he escorts them both to the table, where dinner begins as soon as the last of you is seated.

Solrisa wrote:
"We should talk about Loris and how to find him. I would like to find him and make sure he doesn't get to do this again."

Ekaym takes initiative, answering the maiden. "So Loris still lives. Not that have any right to ask you to see such foul work done, but I agree with you- I very much would like to see Loris brought to justice for his desecration of my sister."

Eidi wrote:
"I fear you might not be totally safe until we make sure Loris will never again bother you. But tell me, how was your passage? Did you see the light? How did you feel when you were called back?"

Lahaka frowns a moment, finishing a sip of her first glass of sarain. "Not safe? I must admit, I feel perfectly safe, now that I've been reunited with my brother." She raises her glass to Ekaym. "As for my 'passage', I'm sorry to disappoint you, for I remember very little about my return. I can tell you that the Boneyard was dreadfully boring, and that Elysium was its polar opposite. I only regret that I didn't lay eyes on the Cynosure. How often does one get a second chance? I count my lucky stars that I can now live a fuller life, and make Desna prouder of me in my second go-around." She draws another long sip, closing her eyes, savoring it slowly. This gives Ekaym a chance to raise his glass, toasting his sister's words, and gathering your eyeballs at the same time.

"So, I have collected your winnings, let's not forget. You will have it before you depart this evening, though I suggest we celebrate until dawn." He smiles grandly, clapping his hands.

A young teenage servant rolls forth a cart, which bears your Bronze, Silver, and Gold trophies, alongside which rest three coin purses. A separate purse sits alone on its side of the cart, accompanied by six scrolls embossed with the Royal Seal.

"That should total 37,000 gold, in more portable finely-cut gems, as well as your individual commissions for magical items personally crafted. That is a fair amount of wealth you just procured, but I still feel indebted to you for the return of Lahaka. Do not hesitate to inquire with me in the future, should you find yourselves in need. I will answer as best I can when the call comes."

The commissions empower you to request a single magical item up to 10kgp for each of you. The Academy is responsible for seeing the task completed. You are welcome to add your personal wealth to see the creation of a more expensive magical item, should you choose to do so.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
hp 99/102 | AC 19/13/16 | CMD 17 | F +14 R +8 W +17 (+2 vs enchantments, fear and death effects; immune to sleep) | (Ch: 3/3 S: 9/10 Ex: 3/3 B: 1|1 L1: 5/7|6/6+0/2 L2: 5/6|4/5 L3: 3/5|4/5+1/1 L4: 2/4|2/3) | Ini +1 | Senses +16
Skills:
Acrob+5,App+10,Bluff+0,Climb-1,Diplom+14,Escap+12,Heal+7,Knowledge(Arcana+2 0,Local+20,Religion+20,Other+12),Linguis+10,Perf.Wind+3,Prof+5,S.Motives+7, SoHand+9,Spellcraft+20,Stealth+1,Concentration+16|+11
Old Half-elf Wizard 3/Cleric (ecclesithurge) 3/Theurge 5 | mage armor 10h, see invisibility 200 min, evil circle prot. 80 min

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21
Eidi nods to the acolyte "The rules I understand" he turns to his companions "Please, do not wait for me. We will see each other again at supper" That said he pays the 100 gp fee and moves diligently to a desk to start requesting books and copying the appropriate spells.

Spellcraft rolls:

Spellcraft (copy locate creature) DC 19: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23 240 gp
Spellcraft (copy black tentacles) DC 19: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23 240 gp
Spellcraft (copy elemental body I) DC 19: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29 240 gp
Spellcraft (copy wall of ice) DC 19: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31 240 gp
Spellcraft (copy arcane sight) DC 18: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21 135 gp
Spellcraft (copy knock) DC 17: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22 60 gp
Spellcraft (copy locate object) DC 17: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35 60 gp

7 hours later, Eidi's hands are bleeding in pain. He finishes the last lines and then, the half-elf pays 1215 gp for inscribing materials and the spells fee.

-------------------

During the supper Eidi keeps the conversation with Lahara "Aya, I understand what you say. At first the pain makes you forget everything, but then little by little you start remembering pieces here and there" the half-elf frowns "Then it starts to be confusing, you do not really know where you got all those things, if from your previous life or you got a glimpse on all the turns and gos that present in that ominous plane spaces"

Always sober the elder picks the brought richness as materials to keep the group mission ongoing "I will pick a pearl of power III Ekaym, thanks again for your patronage"

He turns to Ascaria, Mortimer and the other Outcasts then "So what now then? Do you plan to go back to Diamond Lake?"


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male, Gnome

Ascaria holds his tongue when asked if he wants to join their little club as well. Those magics are not useful to me. he thinks, though he’s glad for Eidi’s mastery.

Ekaym wrote:
Ekaym takes initiative, answering the maiden. ”So Loris still lives. Not that have any right to ask you to see such foul work done, but I agree with you- I very much would like to see Loris brought to justice for his desecration of my sister.”

His wide smile darkens a moment, ”He does yet live, but we do not intend that to be a long term prospect. We’re going to hunt him down if we can, and kill him. He has the Queen’s ear though, so it may be a suicide mission.” he looks levelly at the others in the group and wonders. ”Certainly exile if we succeed.”

When the mood shifts, Ascaria easily shifts with it, happy to put such thoughts to the side for the moment. When the loot-cart is brought out, he is silenced by the sheer volume of it. ”Wow.”

”Ekaym, thank you for this, you are most generous. We are indebted to you as well - we could not have gotten this close to Loris without your help. I consider us even - and friends.” he gets up, and reaching up, hugs Ekaym’s waist. After a short moment, he returns to the pouches, distributing them evenly between the party.

Party Divvy - we each get the 10,000gp in the form of a magic item, as well as 7,400gp in cash. Huzzah!

Eidi wrote:
He turns to Ascaria, Mortimer and the other Outcasts then "So what now then? Do you plan to go back to Diamond Lake?"

”Oh, no. We must stop Loris from doing this again, and I think that means killing. But let’s put such thoughts aside for tomorrow and celebrate our victory tonight!”

Ascaria helps the servants pour more wine and prepares a toast to the group. Short of course, as he wants to get to the drinking more than he wants to hear himself speak. He drinks and parties all night long with his new friends.

Later, he takes Ekaym aside, ”I should like a Mulberry Pentacle ioun stone for my selection. It’s 10,000gp I think, last time I saw one. I’d also like to obtain a Vest of Surgery (3,000gp) and a Circlet of Persuasion (4,500gp).” he adds, taking 100gp of his own money and adding it to the pile to cover the costs.

At some point late in the evening, he draws the group. He cannot help but put Lahaka in the center in as pure an beautiful a manner as he can manage in detailed pencil. He adds the party and Ekaym around her in charcoal, but shows several overlapping caricatures of each person doing different things - drinking, laughing, telling stories. As usual, he is not present in the final work.

drawing: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

It's the finest drawing he's ever made...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human

Mortimer watches Eidi retrieve one of Ascaria's fine little golden hairs, then cast something to turn himself into a blue-eyed female wee-one.

"Whoa! How does -- you are a woman?! -- how do you get THAT out of -- WAIT! -- where did the hair go?! " he shakes his head, the ways of magic being completely alien to him.

PerceptDC25: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18 +18 if Inv/Incorp/Sur

GMSass wrote:
The sensor has the same general transparency and sphericity as the scry sensor observed in the Sodden Hold.

He scowls at the sensor. Finding the Academy a bit stuffy as well as creepy and expensive, Mortimer takes his newly acquired masterwork butterfly sword to the Bear and Bellows to have it further magicked.

Out of earshot of the Academy...
"Hey! That sensor they have set up in the Academy -- are those things everywhere? That's at least the second one we've seen floating about here in Egorian. I wonder who makes them."

~~~
Ekyam's

Lahaka wrote:
"So I'm indebted to these fine people, Ekaym? I am only too glad for the chance to thank them, then." Before you stands Lahaka, brought to life, much like a masterpiece painting exudes a vibrancy through expert restoration.

...

"..."

Though his mind is completely derailed by Lahaka's presence, grace and beauty, Mortimer is able to consciously resist the urge to gape. He stands in solid contrast to her fluid motion as she moves to hug him, and he lets her melt into him.

He finds that he is unable to control his sudden and inexplicable rapid eye blinking.

Lahaka wrote:
"Shall we dine? Ekaym promises a curated sarain this evening with our entree, so I might even find the courage to dance for you, as well."

... Please?

"..." He swallows hard.

He drifts as if in a dream following Ekaym, Sol and Lakaha. He falls into a chair where he can keep all three easily in view, and listens with rapt attention as the Afterlife is discussed.

Eidi wrote:
"Aya, I understand what you say. At first the pain makes you forget everything, but then little by little you start remembering pieces here and there. Then it starts to be confusing, you do not really know where you got all those things, if from your previous life or you got a glimpse on all the turns and gos that present in that ominous plane spaces"

Mortimer's mind is suddenly ambushed by a volley of questions, but all he manages to blurt out is "Is it possible for a person to never remember any of it?! What happened to you, Eidi? What do you remember?"

He stares at the treasure, dumbfound. "Wow! I've never seen anything like that! I could buy Osgood's Smithy! But, what should we do with those?" he asks, gesturing at the trophies.

Glancing over Ascaria's shoulder at Ascaria's drawing, Mortimer mutters into the gnome's ear, "I still don't see it. Those two being siblings, I mean.

"Nice drawing, Canary!"


Male Human Fighter (archer) / Sorcerer (stormborn) / Eldritch Knight 1/7/3

Eri is struck dumb by Lahaka's beauty, the opulence of the feast and the excessiveness of the wealth. His eyes dart, his fork is a blur of motion and his eyes are boggled. Every so often his mouth emits an uncontrolled "ahh" or "amazing." He cracks jokes he doesn't realize and smiles as though someone else spoke it. He is in thrall of the unreal reality in which he finds himself.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
hp 99/102 | AC 19/13/16 | CMD 17 | F +14 R +8 W +17 (+2 vs enchantments, fear and death effects; immune to sleep) | (Ch: 3/3 S: 9/10 Ex: 3/3 B: 1|1 L1: 5/7|6/6+0/2 L2: 5/6|4/5 L3: 3/5|4/5+1/1 L4: 2/4|2/3) | Ini +1 | Senses +16
Skills:
Acrob+5,App+10,Bluff+0,Climb-1,Diplom+14,Escap+12,Heal+7,Knowledge(Arcana+2 0,Local+20,Religion+20,Other+12),Linguis+10,Perf.Wind+3,Prof+5,S.Motives+7, SoHand+9,Spellcraft+20,Stealth+1,Concentration+16|+11
Old Half-elf Wizard 3/Cleric (ecclesithurge) 3/Theurge 5 | mage armor 10h, see invisibility 200 min, evil circle prot. 80 min

Eidi attempts to answer Mortimer "It is sometimes confusing but it seems I was another one before I was even born. There are moments I can remember names and images of a past life I cannot remember to have lived" the half-elf smiles "Life and death are just a cycle. That's why you should never fear of death, you should fear not living your life"

The elder continues eating then with ease as if this fact was unimportant really "So you think we will be able to locate Loris?" he turns to Ekyam "Where do you think he might have his hideout?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human
Eidi wrote:
"It is sometimes confusing but it seems I was another one before I was even born. [ ... ]"

Mortimer looks somewhat dejected. "Oh," he says, deflating. "I don't think that's it for me then. Although I have weird dreams from time to time I don't think they mean that. I just don't remember *being at all* up until about five years ago or so," he says, playing a bit with his food. "I thought maybe... Despite not knowing, I just keep plowing on ahead," he smiles, forking some potato toward his face.

Eidi wrote:
"Where do you think [Loris] might have his hideout?"

While waiting for Ekaym to respond, Mortimer stops eating and finds his gaze rest upon Lahaka once again.

I hope she's safe now. As soon as I find Loris, I'm going to rip him limb from limb. Then I'm going to beat him to death whith his own limbs. Then I'm gonna have someone bring him back to life -- just so I can do it to him all over again.

He quietly fumes slightly over his potatoes, then looks guilty, his eyes darting around the table.

Maybe I should let the others have a piece of him too... He sighs.


F Half Elf:
AC 27 (w/shield), HP 92, F14R10W11,Dip+11, HanAnim+7;K(rel)+14, Spllcrft +14,UMD +18
Eidi wrote:
"So what now then? Do you plan to go back to Diamond Lake?"

Solrisa offers a yawn as if trying to wake up from a weird time-lagged nap, which is ridiculous of course, but Sol yawns. And then smiles at her yawning, snapping to attention to answer Eidi's question.

"Oh no, Eidi, I have to kill Loris. Then I need to track down the evil black dragon and kill it. There are things I need to do," Solrisa explains as if it will all be so easy. "This has been a nice contest and distraction, but I really need to get back on the track of the dragon and it's evil little green worms."

Solirsa smiles, looking around. She is happy to enjoy the night, but really wants to get moving on to tracking down Loris.

Tonight, we dance. Tomorrow, we hunt. Oh hunting! I love hunting!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rat Roll20 Link

GM Rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 13

Eidi:

The Academy becomes something else, after the others have been dismissed. The female acolyte escorts you from the entry room, the scrying sensor following her along the way. Several warmly lit hallways later, and you emerge in slightly larger scribe room, where various writing implements are at your disposal. The writing desk itself is a tilted oval, allowing you to see your writing and the studied spellbook without having to hunch over. The light level in the room is adjustable, and directable, as the female acolyte demonstrates with spoken word and hand gestures. A single summoning bell stands next to the desk, when you are ready for your next spellbook. Spellbooks are dedicated to each school of magic.

Sustenance is provided in simple standards on a sideboard, to quench your thirst and tame your hunger.

When you have come to the end of your day's study, you are escorted from the scribe room, through hallways that are not familiar, and yet you arrive at the Academy's front doors within the same time frame. It occurs to you only as you leave, that the female acolyte's eyes have changed color, from blue to green. The scry sensor still accompanies her, at least.

Eidi wrote:
"I will pick a pearl of power III, Ekaym, thanks again for your patronage."
Ascaria wrote:
"I should like a Mulberry Pentacle ioun stone for my selection. It’s 10,000gp I think, last time I saw one. I’d also like to obtain a Vest of Surgery and a Circlet of Persuasion."

"Of course! Consider it done."

Sense Motive DC 30:

Ekaym has done an admirable job maintaining his countenance, as he agrees to obtain the items requested, as a servant would, as he is no longer your Sponsor. His gratitude to you all overcomes any offense he might take to the slight.

Ascaria wrote:
At some point late in the evening, he draws the group. He cannot help but put Lahaka in the center in as pure an beautiful a manner as he can manage in detailed pencil. He adds the party and Ekaym around her in charcoal, but shows several overlapping caricatures of each person doing different things - drinking, laughing, telling stories. As usual, he is not present in the final work.

"And where is the noble gnome?" Lahaka whispers gently over Ascaria's shoulder, as he comes to a finish on his drawing. "You really should be among your friends in your depiction. It is very lovely, nonetheless. Have you ever been contracted to sketch nobility? You could make a name for yourself, in the right circles." The lady brushes a blonde lock of hair to the side of the gnome's hair.

Eidi wrote:
"Where do you think he might have his hideout?"

Ekaym sets his goblet down, bringing his gaze from Solrisa back to Eidi. "He has several holdings in Egorian. He has made quite a name for himself, and has found all manner of investment, from slave trade to tavern ownership, from bodyguard services to waterway transport. His 'hideout', as you say, was the Catafalque. The one place I could not infiltrate with coin or cooperation."

Mortimer wrote:
He quietly fumes slightly over his potatoes, then looks guilty, his eyes darting around the table.

"You are more than welcome to rest your eyes on me, Mortimer. They seemed to be most at ease there." Lahaka smiles gently, bringing her hair to one side with a lazy circle of her hand, exposing the perspiring skin of her neck. She fans it slowly, while returning the giant's look.

Solrisa wrote:
"This has been a nice contest and distraction, but I really need to get back on the track of the dragon and its evil little green worms."

Ekaym and Lahaka both turn to hear out the maiden. "A dragon?" They speak the word in unison, the word become almost musical as their tones modulate to each other's.


F Half Elf:
AC 27 (w/shield), HP 92, F14R10W11,Dip+11, HanAnim+7;K(rel)+14, Spllcrft +14,UMD +18
Ekayhaka wrote:
"A dragon?"

Solrisa smiles. "Yes, a dragon!" Solrisa wrinkles her nose, trying to remember all that she can of the flying pest. "But this dragon is an evil one, unlike the one Loris had killed in the Arena a few days ago. This dragon is black as night and as evil as all evil. And it's spreading evil bad worms to hurt good things."

Solrisa, having said what she said, nods her head as if she explained it all very clearly.


hp 99/102 | AC 19/13/16 | CMD 17 | F +14 R +8 W +17 (+2 vs enchantments, fear and death effects; immune to sleep) | (Ch: 3/3 S: 9/10 Ex: 3/3 B: 1|1 L1: 5/7|6/6+0/2 L2: 5/6|4/5 L3: 3/5|4/5+1/1 L4: 2/4|2/3) | Ini +1 | Senses +16
Skills:
Acrob+5,App+10,Bluff+0,Climb-1,Diplom+14,Escap+12,Heal+7,Knowledge(Arcana+2 0,Local+20,Religion+20,Other+12),Linguis+10,Perf.Wind+3,Prof+5,S.Motives+7, SoHand+9,Spellcraft+20,Stealth+1,Concentration+16|+11
Old Half-elf Wizard 3/Cleric (ecclesithurge) 3/Theurge 5 | mage armor 10h, see invisibility 200 min, evil circle prot. 80 min

Academy:

Eidi looks confused at the sudden change of eyes color, but he is happy enough after learning some new useful spells to give too much attention. The half-elf smiles towards the acolyte and leaves waving his hand.

Sense motives: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
"To kill Loris..." mumble Eidi repeating Solrisa's words. The half-elf theurge seems to ponder the words for a while "Good, that means time to prepare myself for the dead"

Standing up from table he greets Ekaym "Thanks again for your support" and looks towards the living room "My I have a small space to study for a while? I will try to locate where Loris is right now"

Assuming the desire is granted, the elder dedicates almost half an hour to prepare the locate creature spell he just recently learned and offers the party to cast it.


Male, Gnome

Earlier...
"That was a scry sensor Mort. They can be anywhere, and they're really hard to spot. If someone is scrying on us, there's not much we can do about it I don't think. Eidi - do you have anything in your toolbox to block such things?"

At the party...
Ascaria loves the trophies. He's never seen anything like it, but has no idea where they'd show off such a thing. "We'll have to be careful with these lest they get stolen. I can cary them in my haversack if folks wish."

Ascaria thanks Ekaym thoroughly for his aid in obtaining their items, and blushes brightly when his work is admired by his sister Lahaka. He explains, ”I’m the artist, I can’t appear in the work. That would be unnatural!” he laughs. When she suggests work he hedges, ”I haven’t known many nobles, but the ones I’ve met, I don’t think I want to get too close to.” he grins.

”The servants in the Catafalque said he was off somewhere else.” he mentions when Ekaym suggests hiding places. ”Eidi, save your spell. We’re not going hunting now. Perhaps tomorrow - or whenever we obtain our items. He very nearly had us killed in front of thousands, he too will be prepared for us. We must be ready and not rush off half-ready.”

”Yes, a black dragon. Do we know what they breathe? We’ll need to be ready for him too.”


Male Human

SenseMotive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Lahaka wrote:
"You are more than welcome to rest your eyes on me, Mortimer. They seemed to be most at ease there."

Mortimer pulls his eyes out of his potatoes to rivet them back on Lakaha as she starts speaking to him, briefly forgetting not to gape at her exposed neck.

"Uh -- " He shakes his head, then smiles, abashedly and apologetically pulling on his forelock. "Sorry! I can and will be a more pleasant guest."

He puts aside his negativity towards Loris and his gang for the duration of the evening, at least while Lahaka is present.

Lahaka & Ekaym wrote:
"A Dragon?"

Mortimer nods as Solrisa confirms.

"Is a black Dragon surprising? Did you hear something about one? See something?"

Ascaria wrote:
"Yes, a black dragon. Do we know what they breathe? We’ll need to be ready for him too.”

"Yes! That -- and anything that can protect us from -- whatever it was that overgrown worm exuded at us!"


hp 99/102 | AC 19/13/16 | CMD 17 | F +14 R +8 W +17 (+2 vs enchantments, fear and death effects; immune to sleep) | (Ch: 3/3 S: 9/10 Ex: 3/3 B: 1|1 L1: 5/7|6/6+0/2 L2: 5/6|4/5 L3: 3/5|4/5+1/1 L4: 2/4|2/3) | Ini +1 | Senses +16
Skills:
Acrob+5,App+10,Bluff+0,Climb-1,Diplom+14,Escap+12,Heal+7,Knowledge(Arcana+2 0,Local+20,Religion+20,Other+12),Linguis+10,Perf.Wind+3,Prof+5,S.Motives+7, SoHand+9,Spellcraft+20,Stealth+1,Concentration+16|+11
Old Half-elf Wizard 3/Cleric (ecclesithurge) 3/Theurge 5 | mage armor 10h, see invisibility 200 min, evil circle prot. 80 min

"Scrying..." mumbles Eidi "There are options to protect an object or a single creature against distant spying but... protecting the whole party... that would be difficult. We probably are better trying to improve our capacity to detect magical sensors"

The half-elf nods "Ok. I think I will retreat to bed then. Tomorrow promises to be an exciting one too"


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Fighter (archer) / Sorcerer (stormborn) / Eldritch Knight 1/7/3
Eidi wrote:
”To kill Loris.”

Whoa. I still can’t quite wrap my head around this turban. I mean, he turned this beautiful woman into a zombie. I mean he turned a the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen into a zombie.

He’s responsible for untold misery to boot. Out in the frontier, I’ve often heard ”Some folk just need killin’.” I guess I never really bought into that… Maybe I was wrong there.

The look in her eyes in the dungeon made me colder than I’ve ever been. Seeing her so full of welcoming, comforting fire …

DM_Sass wrote:
Lahaka whispers gently over Ascaria's shoulder, as he comes to a finish on his drawing.
Lahaka wrote:
”You are more than welcome to rest your eyes on me, Mortimer. They seemed to be most at ease there.” Lahaka smiles gently, bringing her hair to one side with a lazy circle of her hand, exposing the perspiring skin of her neck. She fans it slowly, while returning the giant's look.”

… … … egad Eri gets a little red faced.

Yeh, ok. I’m starting to get it now. Even in this city of dismay there can still be light. There still must be light. Without it, the darkness will keep growing.


Male, Gnome

Ascaria bids Eidi farewell, but he remains as long as it seems proper. Ekaym wants to host a party, and he's most willing to oblige.

However, eventually, he too grows tired, and heads off to sleep...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rat Roll20 Link
Solrisa wrote:
"Yes, a dragon! But this dragon is an evil one, unlike the one Loris had killed in the Arena a few days ago. This dragon is black as night and as evil as all evil. And it's spreading evil bad worms to hurt good things."

Both Ekaym and Lahaka listen avidly. Ekaym then speaks. "So, you now track an evil man, as well as an evil dragon. I'm not sure I envy the path you walk, but I certainly respect it." The diplomat toasts the maiden, then the rest of you.

Mortimer wrote:
"Uh -- Sorry! I can and will be a more pleasant guest."

Lahaka smiles a charming smile. "Please, ease your conscience. We are all friends here, are we not? The world can wait for a night. I only ask that you try to enjoy yourself, for tomorrow you take up your crusade again."

The sound of thunder punctuates the dancer's words, as if the gods themselves chorused affirmation. The light rain continues for another hour, before the cool night air breaches the patio. In response to the change in temperature, Lahaka avails herself of a silk shawl, which she begins to don, then divest, then don again. Her shudders of cold become something more intentional, and her natural, mundane movements transform into dance, as promised. Ekaym picks up his nine-string lute, and begins to accompany his sister, who both dances and sings. The stringed instrument maintains harmonic chords, while the dancer captures the melody. The song begins simply enough, a story of a boy seeking to win the attention of a beautiful woman. But the woman is only beautiful outwardly, and her cold heart plays with the boy, asking him to indulge her fancies in ever crueler acts to demonstrate his dedication to her happiness. His final submission to her desire is his very heart. It is, after all, hers and no one else's. As Lahaka collapses to the floor, with her hand extended upwards, the shawl has been transformed into something resembling an actual heart, with part of the shawl bleeding downwards from her palm. Ekaym's playing reaches a fevered crescendo, before both of them grow quiet. Moments later, Ekaym's lute begins again, and Lahaka's hand begins to clutch in heartbeat rhythm, indicating life in the boy's poor, naked heart. From the floor, Lahaka begins to rise, from the heart hand as if pulled like a marionette. Her hand brings the shawl to her breast, and her whole body begins to sway, swirling about, as she represents the boy returned to life, a new confidence residing in his portrayed frame. The song begins its conclusion, as the woman's heart bursts from new passion for the boy, now a newly risen celestial of unmatched, androgynous beauty. The boy is welcomed into the fold of heavenly host, leaving the cruel, beautiful woman to her fate. She will never look upon a man and find reflected in his eyes the love that shone through the eyes of the boy, and she will weep, endlessly. The song concludes as Lahaka heaves and slumps to the floor once more, as Ekaym stills the strings.

The evening ends shortly thereafter.

...

You return to the Crooked House, sated and warm of spirit. The night passes uneventfully, and the morning greets you with a brisk cool air from the previous night's rains.


Male, Gnome

Status:
HP: 63/63 AC: 24 (F21/T14) (included: +2 from magic vestment)
Weapon Equipped = None
Conditions = Magic Vestment on Buckler (1/10h)
Life Link (10)(100’) = Eri, Edi, Mort, Sol, Tynan
Channel Energy (9/9)(7/7) (DC: 23)(Avoid 6) (5d6+1+2d6 phylactery)
Amiable Blunder (1/1) (if Diplomacy failed by >5, re-roll to avoid worsening attitude)
Rod of Extend (lesser) (3/3)
Melee Attack: BAB +7/+2, Size +1 Damage: +0
Ranged Attack: BAB +7/+2, Dex +1, Size +1 Damage: +0
Spells (Caster Level 10, Concentration +16)
Once per Day: Arcane Mark, Comprehend Languages, Message, Read Magic
Zero (16): Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Spark, Stabilize
First (17): (8/8) Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Diagnose Disease, Enhance Water, Liberating Command, Remove Fear
Second (18): (8/8) Burst of Radiance, Cure Moderate Wounds, Lesser Restoration, Light Prison, Pilfering Hand, Protection from Evil Communal
Third (19): (5/7) Cure Serious Wounds, Daylight, Magic Vestments, Neutralize Poison, Prayer
Fourth (20): (6/6) Blessings of Fervor, Cure Critical Wounds, Protection from Energy Communal, Restoration
Fifth (21): (4/4) Air Walk Communal, Breath of Life, Cure Light Wounds Mass

Ascaria sits enraptured at the brother-sister demonstration. An admirer of beauty in all it's forms, he didn't expect such skill from Ekaym and he increases his measure of the man.

When the performance is over, and it's clear the night is as well, Ascaria makes his departure, herding the others if need be back to the Crooked House.

He wakes late, sleeping off a little overindulgence from the night before, and a general laziness. Still, there's work to be done, and he comes down to breakfast in due time after performing his obligations to his art and his patron.

When he sees Sol, he casts Magic Vestments on her and himself to prepare for the day.

Over breakfast he suggests, "We're famous now, so we can't move around and ask questions without drawing attention to ourselves. It's just as well we have Eidi's magics to help us locate Loris, but before we do, we should be prepared."

"I should have what I ordered in a day or two, and expect us all to be in the same boat. I suggest we wait until then to proceed. We don't know what we're getting ourselves into, but I expect it's going to be tough, so let's be ready. OK?"

"While we wait though, we should, uh, research Black Dragons. Eidi, can you do that for us? I expect your membership there comes with some library time yeah? I need to know what they breathe, so I can protect us against it, at least a little."


Male Human Fighter (archer) / Sorcerer (stormborn) / Eldritch Knight 1/7/3
DM_Sass wrote:
Beautiful woman, ugly on the inside becomes beautiful, cursed woman.

Eri watches with interest. Is this self referential? I wonder. This whole place is out of whack.

Ascaria wrote:
”We're famous now, so we can't move around and ask questions without drawing attention to ourselves.”

”I like the pun. Also, I am quite happy spending a little time in repose. I think I may have a beer with breakfast. Start the day off smoothly.” Eri does just that.

Ascaria:
Can I borrow 252 gps?


F Half Elf:
AC 27 (w/shield), HP 92, F14R10W11,Dip+11, HanAnim+7;K(rel)+14, Spllcrft +14,UMD +18

Oops, just remembered that I owe some purchasing decisions. Will have them tonight or tomorrow night. Apologies. Brain fart.

Solarisa smiles all throughout the dinner, enjoying the company of friends and the heady rush of victory. She claps and cheers loudly when the brother/sister team finish, rarely seeing so much love and beauty in the same place.

When she leaves, she thanks and hugs both Lahaka and Ekaym. She will miss them, and already considers them to be dear friends.

* * *

Sol gladly accepts Ascaria's magics upon her shield, thinking about what she wants to do next.

"Ascaria, while you go shopping, I'll go visit Eligios. Maybe he has some leads for us as well. He seems nice. Or maybe you'll come with me. Whatever works best."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human

Mortimer sits, enraptured by the soft graceful movements and angelic voice of Lahaka, and the clarity of Ekaym's lute. He softly grunts in surprise during parts of the performance, but otherwise keeps still.

Once the others pry him from his trance, he follows them back to the Crooked House in silence. He tarries outside, enjoying the air before retiring to his room where he promptly collapses, exhausted.

Restless Sleep, Part II:


GMSass wrote:
Lahaka avails herself of a silk shawl, which she begins to don, then divest, then don again. [ ... ]

The scene is suddenly shattered when a Black Dragon with a thorn stuck in Its eyeball comes crashing through the wall and begins to inhale.

[Mortimer] leaps forward and takes a swing at It, but the Earth beneath the house suddenly cracks open revealing an underground ocean, spilling and dispersing all within the house into various eddies of water formed by the rift.

"Again?"

He gasps fully expecting to drown, and is at once surprised and relieved to find the medium breathable. He watches in frustration as the Dragon flies off.

"Hello?!" He frantically calls out to the others repeatedly, but hears no response. Eventually exhausting himself, he passes out.

Dizzy, he awakens an unfathomable amount of time later still spinning endlessly in the dark void of the water. He casts about and catches a glimpse of something darker than the surrounding medium. What little light there is falls into it, and the immensity and proximity of it overwhelms him. He is overcome at once with a profound sense of yawning nausea and emptiness.

He cries out suddenly awakening himself, laying in a puddle of sweat.


Ascaria wrote:
"While we wait though, we should, uh, research Black Dragons. Eidi, can you do that for us? I expect your membership there comes with some library time yeah? I need to know what they breathe, so I can protect us against it, at least a little."

Mortimer shudders slightly, and breaks into a sweat. Trying to engage Eidi's eyes, he nods pleadingly.

"Yeh?" he grunts, wide-eyed.

Solrisa wrote:
"Ascaria, while you go shopping, I'll go visit Eligios. Maybe he has some leads for us as well. He seems nice. Or maybe you'll come with me. Whatever works best."

Mortimer points to himself. "I want to go with you to Eligios'ses'es... uh -- " he tugs on his cowlick a little, "I mean -- I too would like to know what he might have to say."


F Half Elf:
AC 27 (w/shield), HP 92, F14R10W11,Dip+11, HanAnim+7;K(rel)+14, Spllcrft +14,UMD +18
Cowlickimer wrote:
"I, too, would like to know what he might have to say."

Solarisa beams. "Good, yes, good! We should go there after we go shopping!" Solrisa says as if she is being mischievous. "I'd like to buy some fancy new shoes!" Her eyes twinkle with joy and expectation.

Solrisa will go to Eligios'eses after a quick shopping trip.


hp 99/102 | AC 19/13/16 | CMD 17 | F +14 R +8 W +17 (+2 vs enchantments, fear and death effects; immune to sleep) | (Ch: 3/3 S: 9/10 Ex: 3/3 B: 1|1 L1: 5/7|6/6+0/2 L2: 5/6|4/5 L3: 3/5|4/5+1/1 L4: 2/4|2/3) | Ini +1 | Senses +16
Skills:
Acrob+5,App+10,Bluff+0,Climb-1,Diplom+14,Escap+12,Heal+7,Knowledge(Arcana+2 0,Local+20,Religion+20,Other+12),Linguis+10,Perf.Wind+3,Prof+5,S.Motives+7, SoHand+9,Spellcraft+20,Stealth+1,Concentration+16|+11
Old Half-elf Wizard 3/Cleric (ecclesithurge) 3/Theurge 5 | mage armor 10h, see invisibility 200 min, evil circle prot. 80 min

"Black dragons..." mumbles Eidi.
K. arcana: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29

If he does not know what Ascaria requires...:

"I cannot tell by sure... let me try to check at the library as you suggest"

Eidi will check at the next opportunity in the Academy for the information Ascaria needs.
K. arcana: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34 + any bonuses from academy study


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human
Solrisa wrote:
"Good, yes, good! We should go there after we go shopping!" Solrisa says as if she is being mischievous.

Mortimer cocks an eyebrow at her.

Solrisa wrote:
"I'd like to buy some fancy new shoes!" Her eyes twinkle with joy and expectation.

Mortimer looks down at her sabatons. SHOES?! What is it with women and SHOES?!

"Uhh - uh huh, yah -- that's right. I have to pick up my butterfly sword from the Bear and Bellows, and re-magic some of this other stuff I have. First, the shopping!"

Shoes?! She should just be able to fly, like Raziel. Oh -- RIGHT!

"Hey Raziel, did you want to accompany us to Eligosiesuses this afternoon?"


Male Human Slayer 11

Enjoying the delightful repast provided by Ekaym, followed by quiet conversations over the patter of rain, Tynan finally begins to lose some of the tension which had gripped him throughout the group's time in the Catafalque. When the topic of dragons is raised, a shadow begins to creep acorss his visage once again, knowing that their fight is far from over.

As his thoughts begin to turn in upon themselves once more, he is pulled away from his reveries by Ekaym's music and Lahaka's dance. The darkness within the story she performs starts to reinforce his already dark thoughts, but as the boy is brought back to life, it rekindles something in Tynan that he has rarely felt of late: the spark of hope.

As bad as our foes may be, there is always the opportunity to rise above them, becoming more than we ever thought we could become.

As the evening ends, and goodbyes are being said, Tynan readily accepts another of Lahaka's hugs. Holding her embrace, he quietly whispers to her.

"Thank you for your performance... it was just what I needed." He pulls her in closer. "I'm so glad I... we found you in that wretched place. Take care of yourself."


Rat Roll20 Link
Tynan wrote:
"Thank you for your performance... it was just what I needed. I'm so glad I... we found you in that wretched place. Take care of yourself."

Lahaka welcomes the embrace, raising a hand to the quiet man's face. "You've given me a chance to return to this world, and I am eternally grateful. For whatever is to come for you, do not take it for granted for one moment. I know that I shall not."

...

Eidi:

If you choose to return to the Academy, you will find yourself petitioned for an annual enrollment of 2000gp again, or 100gp for a day's access to the Library.

For your current knowledge of black dragons, you are well aware of their strength, from Wyrmling to Very Old age. Chaotic Evil, water subtype. A black dragon of sufficient age is capable of spell-like abilities, Darkness and Plant Growth at least. They can create acid pools, as well as breath a line of acid. A very old dragon's bite exacts acidic damage as well. They can also corrupt water sources, including magic potions.

Mortimer wrote:
"Hey Raziel, did you want to accompany us to Eligosiesuses this afternoon?"

Raziel stretches his ass upwards, as his front arms stretch downwards and forwards in lazy prostrate worship of the giant, before shaking his head, and straightening up. "Oh, yes, the wizard! I wouldn't mind a foray into the city, not one bit!" For a moment, you catch Raziel looking at Christina, who nods a tacit approval in response. The pseudodragon scurries along the bar's footrest, making the door of the Crooked House in no time. When you all leave, Raziel takes to the sky, visibly relieved to be able to use his wings in greater space.

Ascaria wrote:
"We're famous now, so we can't move around and ask questions without drawing attention to ourselves."

Truer words were never spoken.

As you begin to navigate Egorian through its less opulent districts, you find out very quickly the burden of fame. Word has spread more widely now, and it only takes one or two individuals in the crowd to identify you, causing gawkers' delays aplenty. It makes your shopping grind to a halt several times, as the vendors spend more time shooing hangers-on out of the stores, so they can get down to business. It's made easier if a couple of you draw the crowd away in an obvious manner, leaving the other Outcasts to their business.

As the shopping comes to a close, you find yourselves challenged to rid yourselves of your adoring fans. At least those without gainful employment, with plenty of time on their hands to follow you at their leisure. Before you near Eligos's estate, you manage well enough, through a combination of polite insistence and dottari assistance, courtesy of Thorntown's well-to-do status.

The gatekeeper greets you, bringing the gates open, before he addresses you. The bearded man of forty pulls his hat from his head, wringing it a little. "Here to see master Eligos, I presume? Well, I haven't seen him or Reginald for two days now, coming or going. I don't rightly know if they're here to welcome guests. I usually know, because Reggie stops to make sure I know. But he hasn't done so, so I don't know, beggin' your pardon."

He stands there, neither welcoming you or bidding you good day.


Male, Gnome

Ascaria had no idea the level of fame they had achieved. He considered Air Walking above it all, but was convinced that would just draw a larger crowd, and they’d have to come down sometime. His small stature makes it even harder to avoid the throng and he’s hard pressed not to rap a few kneecaps to get some air. Whenever possible, he pushes Mort and Sol in front of people and takes a step back.

When they reach Eligos's at last, he smiles his widest smile at the gatekeeper and suggests, ”Could you please go check? We’d very much like an audience if we can get one. We’ll wait here.”

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31


F Half Elf:
AC 27 (w/shield), HP 92, F14R10W11,Dip+11, HanAnim+7;K(rel)+14, Spllcrft +14,UMD +18

Solrisa seems surprised when they are not allowed entrance. She smiles prettily as Ascaria makes his request. It's a good one.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 Diplomacy to aid

"Oh yes, Eligios suggested that he wanted to see much more of me."


Rat Roll20 Link

GM Rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 3

The footman looks towards the manor, then turns to nod at you. He moves with deliberateness, as much on the go, as the return.

"Yeah, there's no response at the door. I don't think they're home today. Perhaps you could call another day?"

Sense Motive DC 3:

He is poorly skilled at making up excuses, a mere novice in the art of deception. The first part of his answer is truthful. The second part of his answer belies the growing concern that he doesn't believe he would have been abused like this, not being told about their absence. The third part of his answer decries his discomfort with dealing with this situation.


F Half Elf:
AC 27 (w/shield), HP 92, F14R10W11,Dip+11, HanAnim+7;K(rel)+14, Spllcrft +14,UMD +18

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3 Sense Motive

Ah yeah...

Solrisa smiles at the man. "We could come another day, but we just want a word or to make an appointment to talk. Mind if I go check if I can get a word in?"

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 Diplomacy

Solrisa smiles and hopes for permission to go knock on the door.


Rat Roll20 Link

The footman stands down, stepping out of your way, and towards his gatehouse. "Just, you know, don't tarry to long. I can always relay a message, you know."

Arriving at the manor, you're greeted by the beautiful door and its knocker. Presuming you knock, you are greeted only by silence.


F Half Elf:
AC 27 (w/shield), HP 92, F14R10W11,Dip+11, HanAnim+7;K(rel)+14, Spllcrft +14,UMD +18

"Oh, okay, thanks," Solrisa quips and flashes a happy smile. She invites the rest of the party to join her at the door.

Solrisa tries the handle and tries to enter. "Eligios?! It's me, Solrisa! Hello!?!"


Rat Roll20 Link

The maiden tries the handle, and finds the door locked, as any good door in a wealthy district would be.

7,251 to 7,300 of 8,282 << first < prev | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Age of Worms All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.