Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Blood of Dragonscar-Level 15 (Inactive)

Game Master concerro

High Level Danger


201 to 250 of 725 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar Cleric 16 (Sarenrae)/

The command:

Lotus was dying she knew that, she had seen it before in others and that last blast from the dragon had knocked her throw and out of a building, she could feel her bones broken and shattered, there was no pain she has passed that stage now just the light up ahead, all she need do was walk to it and cross over. She feelt happy and sad, sad she would not see another spring or walk under the moon at night again, but she had known this may be the cost when she had gone out unarmed and unarmed to face the Dragon, time thats what she was buying, time for the wedding guests to go for cover, time for the children to head to the save places, time for the towns watch to take up the fight once she was dead, so she has confronted the dragon, made her self a target, the fight has been short but she had given them the time they needed. She started to walk, but then she stopped, some one or thing was walking to her, yes there was no mistake some thing was, and then she could see, make out from the light an angel of such splendor and purity she could not look upon it,

Where are you going child?
it asked in a harsh tone
Slightly shacking she responded
I am going to be judged and all are and if my deeds are deemed good on to my place in the realm of light such I hope will be my after life
They being of light knelt down and with one hand lifted up Lotus's bowed head, and in a soft loving tone said.
No my child you are yet need, there is a storm coming, you have faced but the 1st battle, hope is being lost and the weak need a light to show them the way, you will be that light, but fear not you will have help in pushing back the darkness, seek the ones who travel with the good dragon small has he may be his hart is vast, now awaken and put on your Armor now my child

The two women where looking girl cleric in front of them, she had been placed in the dying room of the inn, she was alone the other dead and taken by kin, she was a guest they said at the wedding and with only a dress on had walked out alone to face the dragon. Broken she had been and yet in-front of them she was being pulled up into a piller of light. they could see her bones set, she skin gain once more an image of life, then she tuck a huge Gulp of air and sank back onto the pallet she had been placed on not one hour before. She open her eyes, and looked at them.
Im sorry do not be afraid I wounder if you could help me im looking for a dragon?

She had gone a collected her things, asking around she had been told of a group heading out to where prisoners were being held,
Yes one of the towns people said, he had seen some thing moving on the roof tops heading the same way but what he could not tell. Well it was a start, ready she looked around the Inn other healers where dealing with the sick she was not needed for now. She headed out into the street. No one in sight, good she could get there fast soon she came to the place, sounds of conflict from with in, to a sight of combat underway.


I tall Aasimar in glowing full plate emblazoned with the symbols of
Sarenrae comes in behind the party, she has a Shield and scimitar (still in scabbed) She positively radiates goodness. As she comes into the combat space she hold up her shield and says
Ho what be the quarrel here?

Initiaive:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


One of the people holding a scythe says, "These criminals are going to die for breaking the law. If you interfere on their behalf you will die also."

knowledge religion check for Lotus:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Lotus you would have found out the town is under martial law until further notice and that these people carrying scythes used to be normal members of the town.

Your knowledge religion check allows you to recognize them as some form of unique undead creatures. They look very much like they did in life so it is really hard to tell that they are no longer alive.


Female Aasimar Cleric 16 (Sarenrae)/

Lotus holds up her gold and sliver holy symbol of Sarenrae and says
The law of life and death seems to have been broken here, I do not know what malevolent form of necromancy has crafted thee but your time in the realm of the living has passed, now be gone from here The Halo that seems faint around Lotus's head flares bright for a moment with holly light as she commands the undead to flee.

Turn Undead DC 27


Will save vs channel Monster 1:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

Will save vs channel Monster 2:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22

Both of them flee and cower against the wall.

Kaz and Thogg may take attacks of opportunity if they wish.


Male Fighter 5, Mag 10, HP: 143, AC: 36 Tch: 16, FF: 34 F: +18, R: +13, W: +13, Init: +14, Per: +16

Kaz smiles as the monster starts to run he pulls back striking him with Keeper.

Keeper AoO 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22

Keeper Damage 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23


AoO: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (16) + 24 = 402d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 31 ⇒ (2, 5) + (4) + (2) + 31 = 44


Female Aasimar Cleric 16 (Sarenrae)/

Lotus looks on as the brave duo set to in destroying the undead abominations. Her holy symbol held high.


Kaz's attack misses, but Thogg's does not.
Link to map for convenience

Init order

Kaz 23

Bad guys 23

Lotus 21

Thogg 10

Keffle 1

PS:I just let Lotus take a turn out of order. Keffle's attack finished Monster 2 off.

Round 2

Will save to no longer be turned" 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

Lotus:
How are you getting a turn DC of 27?


Female Aasimar Cleric 16 (Sarenrae)/

Hi GM worked out what I did wrong and posted on discussion, the upshot was O added the +2 from Glory domain twice douuu!


Male Fighter 5, Mag 10, HP: 143, AC: 36 Tch: 16, FF: 34 F: +18, R: +13, W: +13, Init: +14, Per: +16

Kaz watches the creatures run he advances on Baddie 1 moving to 5D Using his Greater Spell Combat "Let us see how you like this foul abomination."

Attack Keeper: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22

Damage Keeper: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25

Concentration Check(DC 17) 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 3 = 15

Shocking Grasp: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

Shocking Grasp Damage: 16 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ 16 + (5) + (5) + (6) + (5) = 37
against touch AC and +3 to hit if he is wearing Metal Armor)

Attack Keeper: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27

Damage Keeper: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22

Attack Keeper: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26

Damage Keeper: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25

EDIT: +2 to the Concentration Check for Focused mind I forgot to add that in so the Spell goes off. Also the Damage for shocking grasp is not coming out Correctly let's try this 5d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 4, 4, 3) = 13


Not to derail gameplay or anything but how did you move and do a full round action?


Male Fighter 5, Mag 10, HP: 143, AC: 36 Tch: 16, FF: 34 F: +18, R: +13, W: +13, Init: +14, Per: +16

DOH, I am sorry @watcher only the first attack will count


Kaz lands 62 points of damage.

The creature does not know where to go, and stays huddled in the corner.

Lotus you are up.

Round 2 continues.


Female Aasimar Cleric 16 (Sarenrae)/

We must not let such mockeries of life be my fellow fighters for hope
With that Lotus points at the undead and from here hand shoots 3 fire balls of Sun colored fire that seek its form.

Damion Fire -Fire Bolt (1D6+7)(9/day)(Sp)(cleric) (Ranged touch attack)

To hit
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Damage In order of attacks

1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

as the Smasher is up next i think Lotus would feel hes more than capable of end the undead thing


Just in case we need it

Power Attack: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (15) + 24 = 392d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 31 ⇒ (5, 6) + (2) + (2) + 31 = 46


Fire Bolt (Sp): As a standard action, you can unleash a scorching bolt of divine fire from your outstretched hand. You can target any single foe within 30 feet as a ranged touch attack with this bolt of fire. If you hit the foe, the fire bolt deals 1d6 points of fire damage + 1 point for every two cleric levels you possess. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

You only get to fire one shot off. The description does not allow for iterative attacks, but you did hit it for 11 points of damage.

Keffle is up.


Female Aasimar Cleric 16 (Sarenrae)/

Got it GM one shot a round, it was more for show, hand to hand I thinks going to won this one, but 11 points is betters than nothing :)


Male Human Conjuror 7, Malconvoker 8

Keffle nods to the priest in welcome. This seems well in hand. I will check on reinforcements.

Cast prying eyes and send them through exits or downstairs. If the other undead thing is really done, the contagious flame fizzles, since the original target can't shhot itself.


Kaz you are up. Then it is the cowering baddie.


Female Aasimar Cleric 16 (Sarenrae)/

nods back


Male Fighter 5, Mag 10, HP: 143, AC: 36 Tch: 16, FF: 34 F: +18, R: +13, W: +13, Init: +14, Per: +16

Kaz looks at the mess that is the cowering creature feeling he needs to finish it off. He calls forth his full array of attacks striking at the baddie.

Attack Keeper: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23

Damage Keeper: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22

Concentration Check(DC 17) 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 3 = 23

Shocking Grasp: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Shocking Grasp Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 3, 3, 3) = 15

against touch AC and +3 to hit if he is wearing Metal Armor)

Attack Keeper: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34

Damage Keeper: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24

Attack Keeper: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Damage Keeper: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21


The monster takes the hits, and double moves to L4. Kaz gets an attack of opportunity.

Kaz also realizes that the creature is hard to damage(it has a high AC, and its touch AC is not shabby either).


Female Aasimar Cleric 16 (Sarenrae)/

If its my go next and if I can get to him and if I can pull my sword and try to hit, if not its a fire ball again, happy for you to roll GM Sword
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27to hit 3d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 6) + 3 = 12 Damage


Fire ball
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23 to hit v touch 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 damage


*BOOM*

Whenever my turn rolls around, since I got left out of the most recent Initiative list.

Digging around in his tiny little Tik pulls out a piece of folded black cloth which he flicks quickly into a 6ft circle.

::Hop in the hole. Yes, I know it's got things in it, but you'll be fine. Nothing in there you can break.::

Basically, I'm telling each prisoner to get into the portable so I can get them out all at once.


Female Aasimar Cleric 16 (Sarenrae)/

you got a bottle of air in there I hope, I dont have that meany Resurrection spells hehe


*BOOM*

Yep. ;) I sleep in this thing when I have too. Got a decanter of water too. This wasn't the intended purpose, but it works.


Female Aasimar Cleric 16 (Sarenrae)/

Lotus is all about viability and giving hope to others, so she sleeps with the poor, mixes with the down cast, the darker the night the more she feels compelled to shine out in the dark, that kind of thing, she's positive radiation literally in the room with undead around


Male Fighter 5, Mag 10, HP: 143, AC: 36 Tch: 16, FF: 34 F: +18, R: +13, W: +13, Init: +14, Per: +16

AoO

Keeper Attack 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37

Keeper damage 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23


The undead creature has been destroyed.
When Tik-Tik suggest going into the portable hole the prisoners look at him strangely.
"What is that? How can we stay alive in there?"


Female Aasimar Cleric 16 (Sarenrae)/

Lotus stands her full height and in glowing armor with its ethereal wings of light intersecting with the walls says.

Well meet brave harts, now you have banished throws grotesque shadows of true life, I should introduce myself, I am ex captain Lotus Larina a seasoned Batter healer In the Divine and most holy church of Sarenrae, I Offer you my assistance, IF any of you are injured or harmed in any way, please let me offer my services to you

With that she calmly puts her holy symbol back in its place. Then looks at the others in the room moving to see if any needs her help.

1d20 + 24 ⇒ (18) + 24 = 42 heal check


Female Aasimar Cleric 16 (Sarenrae)/

battle Healer not Batter healer, makes me sound like i work with sick corndogs. "curse you tiny toilet spell checker"

Grand Lodge

Female Drow Bard 8/ Oracle of Wind 7

Halistria arrives at the gate, slightly winded.

Late again! Tik-Tik is going to give me such a tongue-lashing. Hell hath no fury like a pseudodragon whose perfect plans have been disrupted. But I couldn't just leave that poor merchant with a crushed leg, could I? It would never have set properly on its own. Shelyn guides me to where I am most needed...

Speaking of which, there is something deeply amiss. This is no town celebration.

After speaking with the guards, Halistria is even more uneasy.

There is something unnatural here.

Perception check for Undead: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 39
Knowledge Religion check for Undead: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

At this point Halistria is torn between taking on the gate guardians by herself, which would most likely bring out more, and... concern for her friend. She steps inside the gate, not planning to leave until the troubles here are ended in any case.

*Windsight Revelation* She begins looking and listening for Tik-Tik in any unobstructed place. If/when she finds him

*Message* to TikTik What kind of trouble have you gotten into now? Have you found a recipe for raising the dead?


Thogg shakes himself like a dog throwing off water, or perhaps more like a wolf.

"That was fun! Are one of you the groom?"

He kicks a fallen enemy. "What manner of creature is this? That was no mere man."


Female Aasimar Cleric 16 (Sarenrae)/

Lotus looks down with Thogg at whats left of the undead and racks her mind to see if she knows just what it was.

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20 Knowledge check Dungeoneering
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25 Knowledge check Nature
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25 Knowledge check Religion
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Knowledge check Plains
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Knowledge check History


Male Human Conjuror 7, Malconvoker 8

Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

Eyes closed, Keffle sends his magical sensors under doors and through cracks. We are pleased to meet with you Lotus Larina. Clearly darkness trembles at the thought of your presence. Our aim here is to release those held unjustly and replace the mayor here with someone willing to defy this dragon. Would you care to join us?


*BOOM*
Watcher Uatu wrote:

The undead creature has been destroyed.

When Tik-Tik suggest going into the portable hole the prisoners look at him strangely.
"What is that? How can we stay alive in there?"

::There's enough air in there fo me to get you all in it and out before it runs out. It's called a portable hole. Think of it like a closet I have to set down to open.::

Halistria D'Harvash wrote:
*Message* to TikTik What kind of trouble have you gotten into now? Have you found a recipe for raising the dead?

::You make dwarven coffee stronger one time and you never live it down... No, one of my bigger kin is at fault."::

Halistria knows Tik-Tik refers to true dragons(and linnorms) as his 'bigger kin'.


Halistria D'Harvash wrote:

Halistria arrives at the gate, slightly winded.

Late again! Tik-Tik is going to give me such a tongue-lashing. Hell hath no fury like a pseudodragon whose perfect plans have been disrupted. But I couldn't just leave that poor merchant with a crushed leg, could I? It would never have set properly on its own. Shelyn guides me to where I am most needed...

Speaking of which, there is something deeply amiss. This is no town celebration.

After speaking with the guards, Halistria is even more uneasy.

There is something unnatural here.

[dice=Perception check for Undead]1d20+20
[dice=Knowledge Religion check for Undead]1d20+12

At this point Halistria is torn between taking on the gate guardians by herself, which would most likely bring out more, and... concern for her friend. She steps inside the gate, not planning to leave until the troubles here are ended in any case.

*Windsight Revelation* She begins looking and listening for Tik-Tik in any unobstructed place. If/when she finds him

*Message* to TikTik What kind of trouble have you gotten into now? Have you found a recipe for raising the dead?

The female at the gate gives you the same "talking to" as everyone else, but she lets you in. You don't see any undead yet, but you hear from random there is a commotion at the local jail house. It is not hard to find directions there despite the small number of people outside. It seems some really big guy broke the doors on the building.

If you asked about the fact that some of the buildings have been burned they tell you a dragon attacked recently.


Thogg Smashes-What-He-Hates wrote:

Thogg shakes himself like a dog throwing off water, or perhaps more like a wolf.

"That was fun! Are one of you the groom?"

He kicks a fallen enemy. "What manner of creature is this? That was no mere man."

One of them answers. "None of us are the groom. Is that hole(Tik Tik's portable hole) safe?"

Roll a diplomacy check if you are going to try to convince them that the portable hole is safe, or you can just have fun with the situation. :)


Lotus
knowledge(nobility) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Keffle
knowledge(nobility)1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

Here is what you can recall:
[i]The Dalassenos family built Dalaston, transforming it from a mining camp into a thriving community and eventually earning a noble title from
the Taldan king. A Dalassenos has ruled the town ever since. There are two other influential families in the town: the Morians, a dwarf clan with strong connections throughout the metalworking industries; and the Irinis, a family tied to the distillery and service businesses.
Despite their influence, neither the Morians nor the Irinis are actually Taldan aristocracy.

Baydon Irini(the groom) is the rising star of the Irini family.
Though young, he has proven himself to be a canny and charismatic administrator, and recently settled a labor dispute that had stopped the flow of Blackpeak Ale to the west. Rumors say that he’s an accomplished alchemist and has been working on a revolutionary new brewing process, but this may simply be propaganda.

[i/]

Friendly GM reminder: Earlier I also mentioned he(Baydon) spoke out against the Count Saleno Dalassenos(town ruler), and Eldran Tash(mysterious new advisor), and he was taken away.


"Probably safer than your prison cells, fool. Get in or run away, it matters not to me. Are there other cells? Some dungeon below the place. Where is this person we're meant to find?"

Is there another door out of here? Or another in the room we just left?

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19


Female Aasimar Cleric 16 (Sarenrae)/

That is my wish, To save lives I faced the dragon alone when it came last, I would do so again, but it would have ended me if not for the fact a divine hand sent back to find the ones seeking to aid the souls being held here. All that I have is yours
she then walks to the Prisoners.
We wish only to take you to a safe place, away from here so that you can rest and tell us any thing that may aid us to aid your town, I offer to go with you into the Bag of holding so that you will know you will be safe, please time is short, we must be away now, enter and all will be well, you will be out again very soon

1d20 + 24 ⇒ (15) + 24 = 39 Diplomacy check


With Lotus's words they agree to follow Tik Tik's advice, and rush to get into the portable hole.

@Thogg: The only way out is the way in.


Female Aasimar Cleric 16 (Sarenrae)/

Any any one has no objections Lotus follow them in, Tik Tik shes in your hands.

Grand Lodge

Female Drow Bard 8/ Oracle of Wind 7

Halistria kicks in her boots of speed and runs towards where she'd found Tik-Tik (using Windsight. I think all the doors that Thogg smashed down cleared an open path. Thogg hates doors?)

For the record, the following are "on"

*Protective Penumbra* It's bright outside.

*Tattoo of Disguise* Looks like a "normal" fair-haired, fair-skinned elf.

*Message* with Tik-Tik

and now...

*Air Barrier*

and

*Haste* per Boots of Speed

~~~

*Message* to Tik-Tik: Come to the wedding, you said. There will be drinking and dancing, you said. It'll be fun, you said. And now there's only undead... and dragons. I'll tell you this much right now... one dragon or another is going to dance for me today, youngling.


Halistria you used the wrong profile. :)

Grand Lodge

Female Drow Bard 8/ Oracle of Wind 7

Whoops! Got it.


*BOOM*

*message* to Halistria ::You handle the floor, crone, and I'll dance in the air.::

::That everyone? Good. Does anyone want to talk to the ex-prisoners before I let them go outside the city walls?::


Female Aasimar Cleric 16 (Sarenrae)/

Lotus will ask them why they where locked up, if they know, could I ask are they all of a type, Male fighter types, young virgins, magic users that can of thing. Ill use Persuasion wile in Tik-tiks bag, any other need too know any thing, Relay V Tik-Tik

Lotus talks to them in the bag and trys to find out why they had been locked in cells.


Lotus, they tell you they are people who broke the towns new laws, but luckily were spared. None of them are adventures. Many people who were disobedient have been killed.


Female Aasimar Cleric 16 (Sarenrae)/

I will ask in what way did the disobedient die? Killed on the spot or turned into undead? If Tik tik is tuned in ill pass what I am told on so he can do the same

201 to 250 of 725 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay Thread for Blood of Dragonscar All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.