[AP] Giantslayer Campaign by GM Mazra - Gameplay side action


Play-by-Post


HP 86/86 DR 5/Bludgeoning (50/50) AC 30 24 TAC 14 13 FF 27 21 | CMD 25 (26 grapple) | F +9 R +10 W +12 (+2 vs fear; +4 reroll) | L1: 5/7 L2: 4/7 L3: 6/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 3/3 | Ini +3 (rolls twice) Senses darkvision 60' +14 |
Skills:
Acro+10,Climb+2,Diplo+16,DisDevice+5,HAnim+5,Heal+5,Intim+8,Keng+4,Khist+11 ,Kplanes+4,Kreligion+13,Ling+10,Ride+3,SMotive+5,Spellcraft+5,Stealth-1,UMD +16,Conc+14
Female Orc blooded Human Oracle 10 | GS Doc | mv10h, gmw10h, db10h, sf10m, ep10m, iskn10m

Surprise Round
The ancient Slag Giant Etena emerges from the Underforge. She cast a spell at the Dragon Disciple.

The other Slag Giant Ferrin looks shocked by her mistress' actions.

Round One
Leira can now take actions in Round One.

"Figures! This is just great," Droja says as she begins to cast a Summoning spell.

Kaos 22 (AC20/MA21 112/112)
Etena 18 (AC? ?/?)
Leira 14 (AC19 69/69)
Droja 13 (AC16 71(83)/71(83FL)
Lug 4 (AC21 43/?.)
Hill Giant (AC21 10/85)

"Rats! I knew you giants were traitors and I should have exterminated you on our first meeting!" Leira casts greater invisibility to disappear from sight as soon as possible, stepping back to avoid opportunity attacks if needed.


Kaos needs to make a DC16 Will Save.

Thanks Leira for setting up this thread. It was a great idea.

Grand Lodge

HP 112 Base AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 18, Base Atk +7; CMB +12 (+13 sunder); CMD 27 (29 vs. awesome blow, 28 vs. sunder) Human 5 resistance fire Fort +11, Ref +4, Will +5, +8 init, +7 Perception

Sorry guys I didn't see the pm.
Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
What are you doing?
Kaos will cast defensively and put up a shield.
Concentration check DC17: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


Round One

After Etena emerges and tries to put a Hold Dragon Disciple, Kaos puts up a Shield.

If at first you don't succeed....

Etena cast another Hold Person at the Dragon Disciple. She then the moves toward the massive stairs.

Again, DC16 Will Save.

Leira casts Greater Invisibility on herself and disappears.

Droja communicates her mood and begins to summon in some help.

Ferrin moves toward the double doors in a near state of shock, "Mistress! They have been helping us."

The other Hill Giant starts getting agitated with the sudden violence, but Lug goes to him and stops him, and in the Giant tongues says, "This is not our fight."

Kaos 22 (AC20/MA21/SH25 112/112)
Etena 18 (AC? ?/?)
Leira 14 (AC19 69/69)
Droja 13 (AC16 71(83)/71(83FL)
Ferrin (AC? ?/?)
Lug 4 (AC21 43/?.)
Hill Giant (AC21 10/85)

Round Two


HP 86/86 DR 5/Bludgeoning (50/50) AC 30 24 TAC 14 13 FF 27 21 | CMD 25 (26 grapple) | F +9 R +10 W +12 (+2 vs fear; +4 reroll) | L1: 5/7 L2: 4/7 L3: 6/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 3/3 | Ini +3 (rolls twice) Senses darkvision 60' +14 |
Skills:
Acro+10,Climb+2,Diplo+16,DisDevice+5,HAnim+5,Heal+5,Intim+8,Keng+4,Khist+11 ,Kplanes+4,Kreligion+13,Ling+10,Ride+3,SMotive+5,Spellcraft+5,Stealth-1,UMD +16,Conc+14
Female Orc blooded Human Oracle 10 | GS Doc | mv10h, gmw10h, db10h, sf10m, ep10m, iskn10m

"Snake!" Leira keeps cursing while she moves forward to the base of the stairs to be on sneak attack range "Are you ok Kaos?" she retrieves a small dart focus and a rhubarb leaf she uses to conjure a acid arrow that blobs from her hand to Etena.
Acid arrow+PB+invis (touch, flatfooted): 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 20
Acid damage+sneak attack 3/4: 2d4 + 4d6 ⇒ (1, 3) + (3, 6, 6, 2) = 21
The damage is continuous, which means she will need concentration rolls to cast next round if the arrow touched her

She calls back then to Lug "Lug! Zure arpa jotzeko behar dugu eta esan bere buruari eta Forgeari amore emateko!"

Giant:

"Lug! We need you to play your harp and tell her to surrender herself and the Forge!"

Leira remains invisible thanks to her spell.

Grand Lodge

HP 112 Base AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 18, Base Atk +7; CMB +12 (+13 sunder); CMD 27 (29 vs. awesome blow, 28 vs. sunder) Human 5 resistance fire Fort +11, Ref +4, Will +5, +8 init, +7 Perception

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Round Two

Kaos is magically Held.

Kaos needs to make yet another DC 16 Will Save to see if he can react in Round Three.

Etena heads down the stairs and comes upon the invisible Leira, "Non zaude?"

She takes a swing with both hands at Leira's square.

50% Miss Chance less than 51 misses: 1d100 ⇒ 68

Etena's Warhammer: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 223d6 + 22 ⇒ (6, 2, 3) + 22 = 33

I think that might have hit. If so, then Leira takes 33 points of damage.

The Invisibility rules are far from complete in my opinion. Would casting a spell while invisible create an Attack of Opportunity? I would think with a spell with a Verbal component, that the same 50% miss chance exist. @Leira, do you have clarity with this?

Kaos 22 (AC20/MA21/SH25 112/112)
Etena 18 (AC? ?/?)
Leira 14 (AC19 36?/69)
Droja 13 (AC16 71(83)/71(83FL)
Ferrin (AC? ?/?)
Lug 4 (AC21 43/?.)
Hill Giant (AC21 10/85)

Grand Lodge

HP 112 Base AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 18, Base Atk +7; CMB +12 (+13 sunder); CMD 27 (29 vs. awesome blow, 28 vs. sunder) Human 5 resistance fire Fort +11, Ref +4, Will +5, +8 init, +7 Perception

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Kaos will shake off the hold and move to strike Etena.
Acrobatic Check Vs CMD+10: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Vital Strike GM: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 354d6 + 17 ⇒ (3, 6, 6, 5) + 17 = 37
Vital Strike Crit GM: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 364d6 + 17 ⇒ (3, 3, 3, 6) + 17 = 32
Free trip: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

Im not sure she would get an AOO.

Grand Lodge

HP 112 Base AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 18, Base Atk +7; CMB +12 (+13 sunder); CMD 27 (29 vs. awesome blow, 28 vs. sunder) Human 5 resistance fire Fort +11, Ref +4, Will +5, +8 init, +7 Perception

GM is supposed to be GT


HP 86/86 DR 5/Bludgeoning (50/50) AC 30 24 TAC 14 13 FF 27 21 | CMD 25 (26 grapple) | F +9 R +10 W +12 (+2 vs fear; +4 reroll) | L1: 5/7 L2: 4/7 L3: 6/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 3/3 | Ini +3 (rolls twice) Senses darkvision 60' +14 |
Skills:
Acro+10,Climb+2,Diplo+16,DisDevice+5,HAnim+5,Heal+5,Intim+8,Keng+4,Khist+11 ,Kplanes+4,Kreligion+13,Ling+10,Ride+3,SMotive+5,Spellcraft+5,Stealth-1,UMD +16,Conc+14
Female Orc blooded Human Oracle 10 | GS Doc | mv10h, gmw10h, db10h, sf10m, ep10m, iskn10m

@Mazra I agree those rules are sparse. The relevant bit in this case is not in invisibility or the attack of opportunity sections but on the total concealment on combat, sorry in advance for the long rules ooc ;)

PRD: Total concealment wrote:
You can't execute an attack of opportunity against an opponent with total concealment, even if you know what square or squares the opponent occupies.

Also of note in this situation about invisibility:
PRD: Pinpointing and invisibility creature wrote:
A creature can generally notice the presence of an active invisible creature within 30 feet with a DC 20 Perception check. The observer gains a hunch that "something's there" but can't see it or target it accurately with an attack. It's practically impossible (+20 DC) to pinpoint an invisible creature's location with a Perception check. Even once a character has pinpointed the square that contains an invisible creature, the creature still benefits from total concealment (50% miss chance). There are a number of modifiers that can be applied to this DC if the invisible creature is moving or engaged in a noisy activity.

Also of note:

PRD: Invisibility wrote:
If an invisible creature strikes a character, the character struck knows the location of the creature that struck him (until, of course, the invisible creature moves). The only exception is if the invisible creature has a reach greater than 5 feet. In this case, the struck character knows the general location of the creature but has not pinpointed the exact location.

Leira attacked from distance, and then it is a case between having to pinpoint and the being struck you know where the invisible creature is cases. But I guess since there was an acid blob flying it has sense the giantess new where exactly she was in this case.

Leira says the magical words to cast displacement, then steps back to confuse Etana about her position, and touches Kaos to release the spell on him. The half-dragon seems displaced 2 feet away of his actual position.

She then draws the giant bane crossbow while her acid arrow keeps damaging the giantess.
Acid continuous damage 2/4: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

HP 36/69 AC 19 TAC 15


Round Two Complete

Etena's Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

Etena will have perceived Leira. That attack stands.

Leira hits Etena with an Acid Blob.

Droja summons in a Large Air Elemental. It flies toward the Ancient Slag Giant in an attempt to move above and behind Etena. The Air Elemental strikes the Slag Giant.

Air Elemental Slam: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 261d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Droja herself moves up and holds out the palm of her hand. A ray of divine light shoots forth from her palms striking the Ancient Slag Giant.

RTA plus damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 265d8 ⇒ (2, 8, 4, 5, 7) = 26

Lug tries to understand the command Leira gave him, but is too busy at present with containing the other Hill Giant.

The four Stone Giant guards run into the Cathedral at the sounds of the conflict.

Kaos 22 (AC20/MA21/SH25 112/112)
Etena 18 (AC? -56/?)
Leira 14 (AC19 36?/69)
Droja 13 (AC16 71(83)/71(83FL)
Ferrin (AC? ?/?)
Lug 4 (AC21 43/?.)
Hill Giant (AC21 10/85)
Stone Giants

Round Three

The biggest problem in this format is initiative. Etena goes before Leira, so her movement an Acid Blob actually happens afterward. Likewise, giving Kaos Displacement will occur after Kaos' attack in Round Three.


HP 86/86 DR 5/Bludgeoning (50/50) AC 30 24 TAC 14 13 FF 27 21 | CMD 25 (26 grapple) | F +9 R +10 W +12 (+2 vs fear; +4 reroll) | L1: 5/7 L2: 4/7 L3: 6/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 3/3 | Ini +3 (rolls twice) Senses darkvision 60' +14 |
Skills:
Acro+10,Climb+2,Diplo+16,DisDevice+5,HAnim+5,Heal+5,Intim+8,Keng+4,Khist+11 ,Kplanes+4,Kreligion+13,Ling+10,Ride+3,SMotive+5,Spellcraft+5,Stealth-1,UMD +16,Conc+14
Female Orc blooded Human Oracle 10 | GS Doc | mv10h, gmw10h, db10h, sf10m, ep10m, iskn10m

Sorry I misunderstood the initiative order. If I am right now, Etena still has to take her 3rd round action, and the displacement will be Leira's round three action then, isn't it? Thanks!


I have everything for Round Three. As a side note, Leira is the first character I have GM'd in a long time with Greater Invisibility. Thanks Leira for the greater clarity.

Round Three

Free from the Hold, Kaos makes a nifty move to avoid an attack.

Why would she not have been able to take an AoO?

But the Dragon Disciple delivers a vital strike in a vital area that drops the Ancient Slag Giant. Etena falls. The further damage from the acid kills the Ancient Slag Giant.

Seeing her mistress fall, Ferrin steps out and holds her hand up at the approaching Stone Giants, "Gelditu! Egoera amaitu da."

Giant:
Stop! The situation is over.

The Stone Giants relax clearly obeying the younger Stag Giant.

The other Hill Giant relaxes. Lug takes a deep breath.

Droja gives Ferrin a wary eye. She is ready to attack the younger Stag Giant if necessary.

Ferrin speaks in Common, "My mistress had gone mad. She was obsessed by the Forge. She also held a contempt for your kind. She was my mentor. I could not strike her." She looks over toward Etena, but interestingly didn't go over to her to render aid. She continues, "Stag Giants, as well as Stone Giants, have tried to live in peace with your kind for centuries. The Storm Tyrant tried to end this. Let this be the end to the violence and the madness. Let's light the forge as a sign of peace and not of war."

Kaos 22 (AC20/MA21/SH25 112/112)
Etena 18 (AC? D/?)
Leira 14 (AC19 36?/69)
Droja 13 (AC16 71(83)/71(83FL)
Ferrin (AC? ?/?)
Lug 4 (AC21 43/?.)
Hill Giant (AC21 10/85)

That was easy! Now if only my encounters in the PC Game Pathfinder: Kingmaker was that easy. There are some really tough encounters in that game.

Grand Lodge

HP 112 Base AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 18, Base Atk +7; CMB +12 (+13 sunder); CMD 27 (29 vs. awesome blow, 28 vs. sunder) Human 5 resistance fire Fort +11, Ref +4, Will +5, +8 init, +7 Perception

AOO I wasent sure but because of the angle Kaos took to get to her.
We will see. But why know she would know that our friends would be back. Did she think you would rally to her?
Kaos casts DM and searches Etena.
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


HP 86/86 DR 5/Bludgeoning (50/50) AC 30 24 TAC 14 13 FF 27 21 | CMD 25 (26 grapple) | F +9 R +10 W +12 (+2 vs fear; +4 reroll) | L1: 5/7 L2: 4/7 L3: 6/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 3/3 | Ini +3 (rolls twice) Senses darkvision 60' +14 |
Skills:
Acro+10,Climb+2,Diplo+16,DisDevice+5,HAnim+5,Heal+5,Intim+8,Keng+4,Khist+11 ,Kplanes+4,Kreligion+13,Ling+10,Ride+3,SMotive+5,Spellcraft+5,Stealth-1,UMD +16,Conc+14
Female Orc blooded Human Oracle 10 | GS Doc | mv10h, gmw10h, db10h, sf10m, ep10m, iskn10m

@Mazra that's fine, invisibility is complex to handle. When it came to strike Leira like that I thought she might have see invisibility or blindsight after all

With zero confidence on what any giant might say, Leira remains silent. Quietly picking up the few healing potions she has and drinking them, ready to face the remaining giants if it comes to.
Potion of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Potion of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Sic. I need to rely less on Haskyll's healing and request some more healing pots... the young girl thinks for herself.

HP 49/69 AC 19 TAC 15

Only when it is clear that Ferrin will hold to his word and the giants are not going to attack, Leira talks up "I don't judge her for hating us. I do myself find difficulties understanding our alliance"

While Kaos inspects the body, Leira's invisibility fades out "So what are the differences between you Stag Giants and the Stone ones?"


Female half-orc Oracle 10 AC18, HP(67), F6,R4,W9; Init.+0; Perc.+15; 30'

Droja gives Leira a smirk.

CCW: 4d8 + 10 ⇒ (1, 7, 4, 2) + 10 = 24

Leira HP 69/69 AC 19 TAC 15

Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [AP] Giantslayer Campaign by GM Mazra - Gameplay side action All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.