Where Death Travels

Game Master Signore di Fortuna

The Black Carriage Has Come To Collect Some Souls


1 to 50 of 474 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

A Story Begins Here.


dot

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 16

.


I don't remember dotting this. Did you dot me honey? LOL


I did.


My my, how naughty of you. You're a bad boobear. Lol


You asked me to make it so that you could access it from your campaigns tab. That's how you do it.


I did?


Yes. You were probably half-awake at that point. You thrust your phone at me and said "fix it".


Ohhhh....okay, I forgive you for dotting me then. *hugs & kisses.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 16

Heh


Your midmorning routine is interrupted by a loud pounding on your front door. "Vicar!"

You instantly recognize the voice as Ervan's and are assured he has come with a complaint ready. He has been quite the nuisance lately with the Harvest Festival coming up tonight.


F Halfling Cleric/2

Putting down her Holy Text and sermon notes, Emma sighs as she gets up from the table that she and Aiden use to take their meals at. Giving her husband a smile and shrug, she heads to the door.

Steeling herself for whatever new grievance Ervan has come up with, she pauses briefly.

Taking a deep breath, she plasters on a dazzling smiling as she opens the door, "Good morning Ervan, care for some tea?" Emma gestures to the fresh pot she has sitting on the wood stove. If she had to listen to him complain again, maybe she could at least enjoy a cup of her favorite chamomile and jasmine tea while doing so. Goddess forgive me, but this man is working my last nerve. Please give me patience to deal with him, she silently prays while inviting Ervan into their home.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Hunter 2 |18/18 HP | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7| Animal Focus: 2 mins /day ; Used:

Sitting at the table, fletching a few new arrows, Aiden looks up at the banging on the door, staying Shadow's response with a gesture, the wolf relaxing slightly, though still staring at the door.

Rolling his eyes at the sound of Ervan;'s voice, the young hunter returns his wife's smile as she walks over to the door with a sigh. Her patience with the town bellyacher was far beyond his own, just one of the many reasons she was the best person he knew.


"I would not," the old dwarf grumbles, trying tame the wispy white hairs of his beard. "Three festival meetings! We had three festival meetings, we agreed that no one would set up anything in front of my house and that witch, Priscilla, sets up her cauldron outside of my rose garden! Vicar, will you please do something about that woman?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
F Halfling Cleric/2

She had spoken to him several times about the way that he aired his grievances. It was okay to be upset or concerned about something, but she was not okay with the way he referred to Priscilla...as well as many others he had complained about.

Resisting the temptation of telling him exactly how she felt, Emma refers back to her lessons and decides to temper her words with kindness. Getting upset at him would serve no purpose.

Maintaining her composed and calm demeanor, Emma steps forward and sets a gentle hand on his arm, "Ervan, I understand that you are very upset and concerned about your roses. You have spent many years caring for and cultivating some of the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen. However, getting upset like this is not good for you. I understand your frustration and I will speak with Ms. Priscilla about the situation." Emma says to the disgruntled dwarf, while trying to help him calm down before he made himself sick.

Removing her hand from his arm, Emma gives him a more stern look while remaining calm and her voice filled with understanding and compassion, "While I understand your feelings and frustration though, the way you voice your feelings and frustration is not okay. You don't have to make derogatory remarks, or yell for me to hear you. I would ask that you remember that we all live and work here together, and tearing down others or their beliefs is not okay. Yes, Priscilla is a witch and one that we are very lucky to have. She has done much for this village with her herbs and teas. Without her, quite a few of the children of this village would not have survived the fever sickness that swept through here not that long ago. Everyone....everyone has a purpose, and a gift to share with the rest of us. Even you Ervan...you have knowledge of the past that we do not and wisdom that only comes with living a long life. I know you miss your wife. You must have loved her very much, but even though she is not physically present...she is always with you Ervan." Looking deeply into his eyes she says, "You are never alone Ervan. We will always be here for you. Anytime you feel the need to talk, you are more than welcome to come find me. I will always make time for you."

Taking a breath she gives him an understanding smile, "Is there anything else I can do for you while you're here?" She asks kindly, hoping that he understood what she was trying to tell him.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Ervan snorts and waves his hand, his usual sign of discomfort. "Oh, quit your fussing over me. Just please get her to move away from my house as soon as you can."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Hunter 2 |18/18 HP | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7| Animal Focus: 2 mins /day ; Used:

Aiden smiles to himself as he finishes up with the arrows. Even the disgruntled old curmudgeon Ervan wasn't immune to the way Emma could melt away anger and negativity when she put her mind to it.

Thinking about it, he couldn't help but soften a little toward the old dwarf himself. If he ever lost Emma, he doubted he'd become someone anybody wanted to be around if they could help it.


F Halfling Cleric/2

Emma nods, "I'll be there as soon as I have my tea, and finish the notes I'm working on. Please just try to stay calm, and let me deal with it."

Once he turns and leaves, Emma closes the door with a sigh.

Shaking her head, Emma goes to the teapot and pours herself a cup. Sitting back down at the table, she takes a few sips before looking over at her husband with a half smirk, "Well, that must be some kind of record. I made it all the way to mid morning tea before he came banging on our door."


Male Human Hunter 2 |18/18 HP | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7| Animal Focus: 2 mins /day ; Used:

"Took care of it in record time too." Aiden replies with a chuckle. "I don't know what Priscilla is thinking setting up in front of his house....probably something to do with where the moonlight will hit or something like that." she says with a shrug.


F Halfling Cleric/2

Emma hides her pixie like smile behind her mug, "I think those roses are special to him somehow, and that's why he's so protective of them. They probably have something to do with his wife. Everyone knows how he is about his roses, so I'm sure there's an explanation. Hopefully a compromise can be reached. As for dealing with Ervan....I've just come to understand that arguing with him is counterproductive, and just feeds into whatever crazy thing is going on in his head at the time. A little understanding and kindness goes a long way." Finishing her tea, she says, "I don't do anything special, I just put myself in their place, and try to treat them the way I would want to be treated, if I was in that situation."

Rinsing out her cup, Emma goes to Aiden and climbs up on his lap. Snuggling into his chest she asks, "Did you and Shadow want to walk with me to see Priscilla, or did you two have something else to do today?" She asks, unsure of his plans.


Male Human Hunter 2 |18/18 HP | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7| Animal Focus: 2 mins /day ; Used:

Aiden nuzzles into Emma for a moment as she settles into his lap, slipping his strong arm around her waist. "Hmm.. I was planning on doing a little hunting later, maybe see if I could snag some quail. Craig's racks are low on fowl, so I figured I'd drop some off before week's end, make sure there's something people can get for Pharus dinner... and I'd bring one home for us after he's gotten them all dressed of course."

"But of course we'll come with you to see Pricilla. I'm kind of curious what she's up to anyway." he says with a smile.


F Halfling Cleric/2

Curling into his chest she sighs, "That sounds lovely, you're such a skillful hunter and wonderful husband. We better get going then, before Ervan does something....Ervan like."

Pulling back slightly, she tilts her head up and kisses him lightly on the lips, "I love you." Emma says, before reluctantly sliding down off her husbands lap and donning her cloak.


Male Human Hunter 2 |18/18 HP | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7| Animal Focus: 2 mins /day ; Used:

"I love you too!" Aiden says with a smile, returning the kiss. Once Emma gets down to grab her cloak, he stands up, grabbing his bow, more out of habit than necessity, and putting the few finished arrows back in the quiver, he slings over his back.

"C'mon Shadow, let's go see what's going on!" he says to the dusky wolf that was a constant at his side.


F Halfling Cleric/2

After putting on her cloak, Emma heads over with her husband to see what is going on in front of Ervan's home.


You make it no more than five steps from your door before a brown haired waif bounds in front of you. "Hallo, Vicar! Hallo, Mr. Northwood! Hallo, Shadow! Who's a good boy?"

Rosie Figg grins at Emma. "Are you ready for tonight? I'm not. I'm nervous. This is worse than singing in front of the entire church..."


F Halfling Cleric/2

Putting a comforting hand on Rosie's shoulder, "I think it's going to be a wonderful night, and I'm very much looking forward to hearing you sing. You have a beautiful voice Rosie. Everyone loves to hear you sing, and I am sure they are all looking forward to it as well. There's nothing to be nervous of, you're here with all your family, friends, and neighbors, and we all think you're wonderful." Emma says with an encouraging smile.


"Do you want to hear me practice my song for tonight?" Rosie asks, expectantly. "I'd like your honest opinion, Vicar."


F Halfling Cleric/2

"Under normal circumstances I would love to listen you practice your song, but right now I need to go speak to Ms. Priscilla about her choice in location. You know how upset Ervan gets when anyone gets too close to his roses. If you can give me just a few minutes to try and solve the situation, I would be happy to come listen to you." She replies, hoping that Rosie would understand.


The girl's lip quivers slightly. "Yes, I understand. You have many important things to do, Vicar."


F Halfling Cleric/2

Feeling bad for upsetting Rosie, Emma steps forward and puts her arms around her, "You are important as well as any other task I have. Please don't feel bad, I promise I will come and watch you as soon as I settle things between Ms. Priscilla and Mr. Ervan. Are you going to be practicing in the chapel?"


Male Human Hunter 2 |18/18 HP | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7| Animal Focus: 2 mins /day ; Used:

Aiden takes the opportunity to look around at anything noteworthy going on.


Rosie cocks her head to the side. "Can I do that? Is that allowed if you're not there?"

Aiden catches sight of Sam Hopps, the village's baker, struggling with his cart. He also notices some clouds that may spoil tonight's festivities to the west.


F Halfling Cleric/2

Emma smiles, her eyes twinkling a bit as she looks at Rosie, "I'm the Vicar ain't I? If I say it's okay for you to use the chapel to practice your song, it is. If anyone says anything to ya about it, you just tell em' I gave you permission to be there. Okay?" She says, hoping to make Rosie feel a little more at ease.


Rosie smiles. "Okay!"

She turns to head to the chapel but stops. "Oh, bye, Vicar! Bye, Mr. Northwood! Bye, Shadow! Be a good boy!"

Then, at top speed, she runs towards the chapel.


F Halfling Cleric/2

Emma shakes her head and chuckles as Rosie runs off towards the chapel. Looking over at her husband she notices the look on his face, "Everything okay?"


Male Human Hunter 2 |18/18 HP | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7| Animal Focus: 2 mins /day ; Used:

"Hmm... yes. Those clouds might be a problem for the Harvest Festival though, depending on the wind direction over the next few hours." Aiden replies to his wife.

"Just a second, Love, it looks like Sam needs a hand with his cart." he says, nodding toward the baker having a bit of difficulty before striding over to help.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Halfling Cleric/2

Emma smiles and follows him over to where Sam is struggling with his cart. Watching her husband help the village baker, just made her feel so extremely lucky to have found someone with such a big and giving heart.


Sam kicks the cart as he struggles to free it from between a piece of fencing and the wall of his bakery. "Blasted thing!"

He looks up and sees the hunter approaching him. "Oi, Aiden! Gonna give us a hand here?"

DC 10 Strength check.


Male Human Hunter 2 |18/18 HP | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7| Animal Focus: 2 mins /day ; Used:

"Definitely!"Aiden replies with a grin, setting his bow stop the cart as he sets his shoulder against it, taking a moment to properly brace himself before lifting and pushing.

Strength: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


"Bless you, you're a life saver," Sam sighs. "I probably rolled this thing back when I was drunk last festival."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Halfling Cleric/2

Emma can't help the smile that seems to go all the way to her eyes as she watches Aiden move the cart with what appeared to be little trouble.

Emma can't help the way her eyes twinkle as she thinks back to when he saved her from the charging boar. He had always been good at hunting, almost like it was as natural to him as swimming was to fish.

Leaning on the fence slightly, she lets out a soft sigh while leaning her cheek against her palm.


Male Human Hunter 2 |18/18 HP | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7| Animal Focus: 2 mins /day ; Used:

"Heh, no trouble at all, Sam!" Aiden replies with a grin, picking up his bow as the baker gets back underway. Turning back toward his wife, he catches one of her little looks that always make his heart skip a beat.

"All done, ready love?" he asks taking her hand in his.


Female Dwarf WarPriestess/2 HP 18/18; Init: +1; AC: 18, T: 12, FF: 16; Fort: +5, Ref: +1, Will: +6 (+2 vs poison, spells and spell-like abilities); Perception: +5 (+7 vs unusual stonework)

Emma nods as she looks up at him, the smile still on her face.

Giving his hand a light squeeze, "As ready as I can be. Let's go see see what's going on over at Sir Grumpy's house." She replies with a slight smirk.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Halfling Cleric/2

Damn it! Just pretend it's Emma. I'm so tired I guess I didn't realize who I posted as. I'm sorry.


You approach Ervan's house and you see Priscilla's cart right in front of his rose garden. The changeling seems to be rummaging in the back because you only catch sight of her legs flailing in the air.


F Halfling Cleric/2

Emma stops behind Priscilla, "Good morning Priscilla, whatcha doin'? She asks, a light note to her voice.


Male Human Hunter 2 |18/18 HP | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7| Animal Focus: 2 mins /day ; Used:

Aiden watches on in amusement as Emma tries to get Pricilla's attention.


Priscilla lets out a loud yelp and nearly leaps out of the cart. She turns towards Emma, white as a sheet. "Oi, ye canna be scarin' a lass like tha', Vicar! Ye're gonna shave years off me life."


F Halfling Cleric/2

Emma tries very hard not to snicker as her lip turns up in a mischievous smile, her prankster side still very much evident, even though she tries to behave better since becoming the Vicar.

"Sorry bout that Ms. Priscilla, but someone asked me to speak to you about your choice of spot for the festival." She says, all of them knowing exactly whom she's referring to.

Giving her a knowing look she says, "I'm not sure your reasoning for picking this spot, but we all know how he feels about his roses. They are very special to him, and he would be devastated if something happened to them. I'm pretty sure they're the last living reminder he has of his dearly departed wife. Is there any way I can talk you into picking a different place to set up?"

1 to 50 of 474 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Where Death Travels All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.