|10 people marked this as a favorite.|
Here is my hack of the official Paizo sheet. Its form fillable and has auto-calc built in. Also, also has been done to de-clutter the sheet.
There is a button to reset the sheet. There is also a toggle to allow you to set untrained skills to +0 (default), to +1/2 level or to +level. Neither of these are visible when you print.
All TEML default to untrained (tiny grey circle). This tiny circle is not present when you print the sheet.
Due to the inability to edit posts on this board, I will just keep updating the sheet on Google Drive. The link below will always connect you with the newest version of this sheet. I will post to these thread when/if I make a major update.
|1 person marked this as a favorite.|
Alright, I made a major update to the sheet.
I have made some significant changes to the feat and inventory page. It has been split into two. Now there is more space to describe feats and the inventory has auto-calc of bulk.
Newer Sheet This is the version that will be updated moving forward.
Older Version This older version will no longer be updated.
I love the clarity of your redesign.
Sadly form-filling PDFs isn't supported in Ubuntu's default PDF reader (Evince). That said I generally prefer filling in sheets by hand anyway.
I'm not entirely sure about your revision of the later pages yet though. For gear, it seems to be important to note which gear is carried deep in a pack vs. which gear is in a bandolier for quick access for example.
One idea I've seen is to create a textbox/table per container, so that you can track the bulk per container. That gets handy if you do the "combat starts, drop pack to stop being encumbered" routine.
I'm conflicted about the fourth page. Splitting biographical data into the front and fourth page is a bit jarring, although obviously space is at a premium on the front page. I would note though that ethnicity/nationality can have game mechanical impact on uncommon options such as ethnic weaponry.
Almost everything else on the fourth page seems like "soft" information. Important but not necessarily stuff you want to put in a predetermined-size box on a character sheet, but more in a campaign notebook.
With regard to page 5-9, I don't think the design is entirely future-proof. You have a box for page references (which is GREAT!), but not for book sources, which is going to become problematic in time.
The spells and powers pages I think are bit inflexible towards:
- You might have both spontaneous and prepared casting, due to multiclassing. Likewise, you might have spells from several traditions.
- If you get spells from a different source, like cantrips from an ancestry, those have their own proficiency and sometimes ability modifier.
- The prep checkboxes make me unsure how those are supposed to be used. If a prepared caster prepares the same spell three times, how is he supposed to use a yes/no checkbox? Write the spell in three statblocks? Isn't this going to get smudgey really fast?
Further comments on those spell boxes:
- Maybe there should be room to write down the origin of a spell, like "got this from domain". Although that could go in the description.
- Maybe room to write down the actions for the spell, not just the types of components?
Overall I really like your sheet, it's got the highest clarity of all the designs I've seen and strikes a good balance between not presuming too much about your build vs. not wasting too much space having a box for every eventuality.
I cant respond to every point but...
- This is a form fillable pdf but nothing is stopping you from printing a blank
- Book sources can be placed in current page ref boxes. I write "CRB XYZ" in current boxes. The font auto sizes.
- You can simulate containers with the stash drop downs if necessary. You may not see this functionality due to your inability to use form fillable pdfs.
- Ethnicity is fine where it is for the most part (which is where it was in the official sheet). Please remember this is a hack of the official sheet and "decluttering" stuff is a major goal. If you really want something there that isnt, just use the notes section (which is why I added it).
- If you dont like the "campaign notebook" section, just dont use it. I put it there because (a) it was in the official one and (b) I found it valuable.
- Prep checkboxes: A prep caster would list the spell numerous times most likely (perhaps describing it only once in detail).
- The multiple sources of spells (and multiclassing issues which are similar) is an issue with the Paizo design of the sheet. Please direct your issues with the core design of those aspects of the sheet to them. Remember, this is effectively a hack of thier sheet.
I am glad you found the sheet valuable. I would suggest you direct your core design suggestions to Paizo. Once they put out a redesigned sheet, I may put out a hack of that in the future.