Are there any Wisdom boosting items that are not headbands?


Advice


I am looking for a +2 wisdom item for my PFS Theurge. I am using the shifter's headband for Intelligence, which cannot have wisdom added to it, so I am looking for another option for that wisdom boost.

The only option I know of is the Ioun stone, which I can put in my wayfinder, and isn't a bad option at all, I'm just wondering if I have any other options in PFS.


Besides the Tomes of Infinite Money that boost stats, the only other way that I can see is somehow having another item have a Wisdom enhancement piggyback on it. That may or may not be RAW, but I've read other posters write about it.


EpicFail wrote:
Besides the Tomes of Infinite Money that boost stats, the only other way that I can see is somehow having another item have a Wisdom enhancement piggyback on it. That may or may not be RAW, but I've read other posters write about it.

See pfsrd link about crafting dissimilar abilities"

"Multiple Different Abilities: Abilities such as an attack roll bonus or saving throw bonus and a spell-like function are not similar, and their values are simply added together to determine the cost. For items that take up a space on a character's body, each additional power not only has no discount but instead has a 50% increase in price." (from paragraph to the left of the chart about 3/4 down page)

As you're dealing with PFS, I have no idea if that is allowed.


Custom magic items are not allowed in PFS, so it would have to be an item actually listed in one of the approved books


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

The ioun stone is the only other way I know of to do so without just buying the tome of wisdom.

If you want to go for broke, save up for headband of mental superiority?

Scarab Sages

Incandescent Blue Ioun Stone is all I can think of off hand.


Yeah that is what I am seeing too, Ioun stone is pretty sweet. 8k for +2 wisdom, plus in a wayfinder it gets Blind Fighting. Blind Fighting isn't amazing for a theurge, but it could come in handy. I was hoping there was a cheaper option for the +2 wisdom, but oh well.


Jayder22 wrote:

I am looking for a +2 wisdom item for my PFS Theurge. I am using the shifter's headband for Intelligence, which cannot have wisdom added to it, so I am looking for another option for that wisdom boost.

The only option I know of is the Ioun stone, which I can put in my wayfinder, and isn't a bad option at all, I'm just wondering if I have any other options in PFS.

A wand of Owl's Wisdom?


Orfamay Quest wrote:
Jayder22 wrote:

I am looking for a +2 wisdom item for my PFS Theurge. I am using the shifter's headband for Intelligence, which cannot have wisdom added to it, so I am looking for another option for that wisdom boost.

The only option I know of is the Ioun stone, which I can put in my wayfinder, and isn't a bad option at all, I'm just wondering if I have any other options in PFS.

A wand of Owl's Wisdom?

I considered this, but the boost in wisdom is mainly for the ability to cast higher level cleric spells. As of right now, my Theurge has a wisdom of 14, which will be sufficient until I want to cast 5th level Cleric spells, at which time I'll want a permanent 15 or 16 wisdom. I wouldn't mind picking up the boost before that time, as the bonus to perception, will saves, and other things will come in handy.

edit: in addition the 16 wisdom would get me a bonus 3rd level cleric spell which would be useful


Make it a tattoo...

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/item-creation-feats/inscribe-magical-tattoo-i tem-creation


Try:

this link for rules and info on tattoos.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Advice / Are there any Wisdom boosting items that are not headbands? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.