Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

124,051 to 124,100 of 238,479 << first < prev | 2477 | 2478 | 2479 | 2480 | 2481 | 2482 | 2483 | 2484 | 2485 | 2486 | 2487 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.

me: finds one awesome song

me: Plays it over and over until I get distracted or get tired of it


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Bonus points for listening to music naked.

I can not do it anymore since friends moved in. It is not worth the trouble with putting on pants every time I want to go to kitchen or bathroom...


5 people marked this as a favorite.

i do everything while naked. i even wear clothes while naked.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
i do everything while naked. i even wear clothes while naked.

headsplosion


2 people marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:

Date went surprisingly well. She's into history and old books, is a big fan of Jawbreaker, and is way more attractive than I deserve.

Maybe this will work out, or maybe she's just planning on laying eggs in my chest cavity. Not sure which is more probable.

you see, if you had brought me with you, I could have told you if she was planning to lay eggs in your chest cavity, cuz that's what wingmen do. Not that I would have interrupted the date or anything. I mean...that might be your thing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Speaking of, I just finished watching The Thing. It explains a lot of white wolf art and game mechanics.

I also look forward to drawing all of your blood and testing it because I don't know how many of you are who you say you are.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I do not recommend drawing all of my blood as I need at least 60% of my blood volume to survive.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
I do not recommend drawing all of my blood as I need at least 60% of my blood volume to survive.

that's exactly what one of THEM would say! brandishes flamethrower


Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
unfortunately, unless I can find the right kind of adhesive for making a flexible join between silicone and metal, it's not fixable.
Fine-grit sandpaper and a little dab of silicone caulk might work.
assuming I can find them. being on a college campus with no money or transport kind of limits my options.

Wait, this is for a necklace chain? I am intrigued and confused. I do jewelry making as a hobby, with a lot of wire work as part of that. And I've never encountered silicone as a chain component before. Usually when a chain breaks you just have to replace a jump ring. Is it the clasp or the pendant that is made of unusual material? I'm really quite curious.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Good luck getting my blood, as you can see I've taken precautions to prevent that, I might need to rethink my methods in the future however.


lynora wrote:
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
unfortunately, unless I can find the right kind of adhesive for making a flexible join between silicone and metal, it's not fixable.
Fine-grit sandpaper and a little dab of silicone caulk might work.
assuming I can find them. being on a college campus with no money or transport kind of limits my options.
Wait, this is for a necklace chain? I am intrigued and confused. I do jewelry making as a hobby, with a lot of wire work as part of that. And I've never encountered silicone as a chain component before. Usually when a chain breaks you just have to replace a jump ring. Is it the clasp or the pendant that is made of unusual material? I'm really quite curious.

technically it's not a chain, that's just what i'm accustomed to calling it.

what it actually is is a silicone string/wire thing with lots of tiny little orange beads strung on it, and it is fastened by little metal fasteners on either end that screw into each other. the string broke right off of one of the fasteners. I think some of the remains of the silicon is in the hole in the back of the fastener where the silicone string was inserted during manufacture.

the chain/necklace whatever is important only to hold up my pendant. I wouldn't mind so much if i could find something else to string my pendant, but I know from experience that they don't even sell string here.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Went to Renn yesterday. Mostly a fun time. The highlights include Tartanic bringing a couple of guys in full Knights Templar costumes on stage to play tambourine for them and of course the weird show from Zoltan the Adequate.
Unfortunately it was the day for losing things. My husband accidentally dropped his gauntlets in the parking lot, and I lost a one of a kind bracelet. It slipped off my wrist at some point during the day. I can only guess that it must have caught on my sleeve and loosened and then fallen off. :(


Captain Yesterday's Skeleton wrote:
Good luck getting my blood, as you can see I've taken precautions to prevent that, I might need to rethink my methods in the future however.

Hey are you how Medic lost his medical license?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
lynora wrote:
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
unfortunately, unless I can find the right kind of adhesive for making a flexible join between silicone and metal, it's not fixable.
Fine-grit sandpaper and a little dab of silicone caulk might work.
assuming I can find them. being on a college campus with no money or transport kind of limits my options.
Wait, this is for a necklace chain? I am intrigued and confused. I do jewelry making as a hobby, with a lot of wire work as part of that. And I've never encountered silicone as a chain component before. Usually when a chain breaks you just have to replace a jump ring. Is it the clasp or the pendant that is made of unusual material? I'm really quite curious.

technically it's not a chain, that's just what i'm accustomed to calling it.

what it actually is is a silicone string/wire thing with lots of tiny little orange beads strung on it, and it is fastened by little metal fasteners on either end that screw into each other. the string broke right off of one of the fasteners. I think some of the remains of the silicon is in the hole in the back of the fastener where the silicone string was inserted during manufacture.

the chain/necklace whatever is important only to hold up my pendant. I wouldn't mind so much if i could find something else to string my pendant, but I know from experience that they don't even sell string here.

Ah. Well that explains it. Interesting string. I have never seen one like that. It sounds pretty cool.

If you can find either a hardware store or a craft store, you'll be spoiled for choices as far as string goes. Or a sporting goods store. Fishing line makes excellent necklace string.
Good luck with your search and thanks for assuaging my curiosity. :)


lynora wrote:
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
lynora wrote:
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
unfortunately, unless I can find the right kind of adhesive for making a flexible join between silicone and metal, it's not fixable.
Fine-grit sandpaper and a little dab of silicone caulk might work.
assuming I can find them. being on a college campus with no money or transport kind of limits my options.
Wait, this is for a necklace chain? I am intrigued and confused. I do jewelry making as a hobby, with a lot of wire work as part of that. And I've never encountered silicone as a chain component before. Usually when a chain breaks you just have to replace a jump ring. Is it the clasp or the pendant that is made of unusual material? I'm really quite curious.

technically it's not a chain, that's just what i'm accustomed to calling it.

what it actually is is a silicone string/wire thing with lots of tiny little orange beads strung on it, and it is fastened by little metal fasteners on either end that screw into each other. the string broke right off of one of the fasteners. I think some of the remains of the silicon is in the hole in the back of the fastener where the silicone string was inserted during manufacture.

the chain/necklace whatever is important only to hold up my pendant. I wouldn't mind so much if i could find something else to string my pendant, but I know from experience that they don't even sell string here.

Ah. Well that explains it. Interesting string. I have never seen one like that. It sounds pretty cool.

If you can find either a hardware store or a craft store, you'll be spoiled for choices as far as string goes. Or a sporting goods store. Fishing line makes excellent necklace string.
Good luck with your search and thanks for assuaging my curiosity. :)

Thanks!

I don't even know how it broke. I went to bed wearing it (as I always do) and then this morning I was just watching a youtube video and looked down to see that the string was broken and beads and stuff were falling off.


Freehold DM wrote:

Speaking of, I just finished watching The Thing. It explains a lot of white wolf art and game mechanics.

I also look forward to drawing all of your blood and testing it because I don't know how many of you are who you say you are.

I'm a real light sleeper, Freehold.

Childs in the end:
Supposedly was still a human at the end. He had an earring in the final scene, which should be discarded during the copying process...

In the book:
MacReady starts to teach Childs how to play chess.

The book is novelization based on earlier version of the script and contains a few differences, including at least one sequence that wasn't included in the final script or was cut away.


lynora wrote:

Went to Renn yesterday. Mostly a fun time. The highlights include Tartanic bringing a couple of guys in full Knights Templar costumes on stage to play tambourine for them and of course the weird show from Zoltan the Adequate.

Unfortunately it was the day for losing things. My husband accidentally dropped his gauntlets in the parking lot, and I lost a one of a kind bracelet. It slipped off my wrist at some point during the day. I can only guess that it must have caught on my sleeve and loosened and then fallen off. :(

Or there was a competent thief around.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

"The Thing" is one of my all time favorite movies. And the mastery of it can be seen in that it aged reasonably well.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Picked up a copy of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (original Xbox) on a lark, and now I'm completely hooked. It's like Star Wars Mass Effect, which is pretty damn close to perfection in my book.


"Vikings React to Modern Day Stuff"

i need to stop coming up with terrible viking-themed youtube show ideas


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Vikings After Dark, A Sheep's Tale now on Cinemax :-)


Viking-Ninja-Pirate Karaoke and Dance-Off.

The ninjas get crushed in the singing part of the competition, but no one can compete with their dance moves...


NobodysHome wrote:

Viking-Ninja-Pirate Karaoke and Dance-Off.

The ninjas get crushed in the singing part of the competition, but no one can compete with their dance moves...

hmm if we're going to be doing historically authentic vikings (which is without question because honestly horned helms and ragged pelt tunics and so forth are boring and way overdone) then we'll have to do historically authentic pirates and ninjas as well...

Dark Archive

6 people marked this as a favorite.

It's my birthday... I'm 16... Stay off the streets.


Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

Viking-Ninja-Pirate Karaoke and Dance-Off.

The ninjas get crushed in the singing part of the competition, but no one can compete with their dance moves...

hmm if we're going to be doing historically authentic vikings (which is without question because honestly horned helms and ragged pelt tunics and so forth are boring and way overdone) then we'll have to do historically authentic pirates and ninjas as well...

Y'arr!, gimme yer Rum or I'll make ya dance with the sharks


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cr500cricket wrote:
It's my birthday... I'm 16... Stay off the streets.

Man, you're younger than I was when I started posting here, and I used to be the kid on these boards...


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Cr500cricket wrote:
It's my birthday... I'm 16... Stay off the streets.

Congrats! You're now first level, beware of Skeletons, Goblins and Rust Monsters.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
Cr500cricket wrote:
It's my birthday... I'm 16... Stay off the streets.
Man, you're younger than I was when I started posting here, and I used to be the kid on these boards...

Hey, I can honestly say I have shoes older than he is! And I know where they are!

In fact, I have T-shirts older than he is that I still wear...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

My alarm clock turns 30 this Christmas :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:
Ragadolf wrote:
Treppa wrote:

Moving day.

Yay.

Boo.

Ugh.

I hope at least it's a 'good' move? For good reasons at least?
If splitting up with your partner of over a decade is a good reason, then yes, it's for a good reason. :P

Just catching up and saw this.

So sorry to hear Treppa, but I would say that qualifies as a 'good' reason, yes.

Just not a happy one. ;/

EDIT- and now I see that I was ninja'd by about 165 posts! ;P

Best of luck wishes Treppa, Prayers for you are included, no charge. :)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
Speaking of games, I caved and ordered Knights of the Old Republic (original Xbox) on Amazon. DA:I is OK, but without Mass Effect, I'm not getting my Jennifer Hale fix.

Lol,

I have both an original Xbox and a 360, (but refuse to be sucked into the madness that is One)

AND,... GOG.com just added a LOT of Star Wars titles into their offerings fairly recently, including almost ALL of the original XBox and PC games.

Yeah, I spent a few dollars getting one collection. (It was on sale! and there were a lot of games in the package!) :P


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
lynora wrote:
Wait, this is for a necklace chain? I am intrigued and confused. I do jewelry making as a hobby, with a lot of wire work as part of that. And I've never encountered silicone as a chain component before. Usually when a chain breaks you just have to replace a jump ring. Is it the clasp or the pendant that is made of unusual material? I'm really quite curious.

technically it's not a chain, that's just what i'm accustomed to calling it.

what it actually is is a silicone string/wire thing with lots of tiny little orange beads strung on it, and it is fastened by little metal fasteners on either end that screw into each other. the string broke right off of one of the fasteners. I think some of the remains of the silicon is in the hole in the back of the fastener where the silicone string was inserted during manufacture.

the chain/necklace whatever is important only to hold up my pendant. I wouldn't mind so much if i could find something else to string my pendant, but I know from experience that they don't even sell string here.

Ah. Well that explains it. Interesting string. I have never seen one like that. It sounds pretty cool.

If you can find either a hardware store or a craft store, you'll be spoiled for choices as far as string goes. Or a sporting goods store. Fishing line makes excellent necklace string.
Good luck with your search and thanks for assuaging my curiosity. :)

Yep, seconding the fishing line suggestion, and it's usually much stronger than string. Just get some plain old non-braided monofilament or nylon line, making sure the test/diameter is thin enough to string through the beads (fishing line can get pretty thick in higher strengths). And conventional knots usually don't work, so use a hangman's knot or a clinch knot.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Just need to survive through second show of the day.
THEN I can kiss this show good bye, go home and play SWTOR online with my old college buddies.
(Which is the only way we get to hang out anymore)
;P


Cr500cricket wrote:
It's my birthday... I'm 16... Stay off the streets.

that's impossible. You'd be like...12 when you first posted.


NobodysHome wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
Cr500cricket wrote:
It's my birthday... I'm 16... Stay off the streets.
Man, you're younger than I was when I started posting here, and I used to be the kid on these boards...

Hey, I can honestly say I have shoes older than he is! And I know where they are!

In fact, I have T-shirts older than he is that I still wear...

oldest shirt I have is 15 years old...otakon 2002.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Argh!
My daughter JUST had her 16th birthday and party last weekend.
(And the world will never be the same!)

Stop reminding me how old i am! :P

"And stay off my lawn!"


I have t-shirts from theater shows in college that are 20 years old. :(


Now I find myself inspired to raid my closets for my oldest outfit...
Which turns out to be a hand me down formal dress that clearly belongs in the late 70's or early 80's, not sure which of my relatives owned it first but I think I am not going to wear it, I am pretty sure I never have.


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Cr500cricket wrote:
It's my birthday... I'm 16... Stay off the streets.

Happy birthday, fellow celebrant!

Thanks to math, I'm now less than thrice your age.


Freehold DM wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

In fact, I have T-shirts older than he is that I still wear...

oldest shirt I have is 15 years old...otakon 2002.

Oldest shirt for me is a homemade Marilyn Manson shirt from circa 2004.


Ragadolf wrote:
I have both an original Xbox and a 360, (but refuse to be sucked into the madness that is One)

Same. The only XBOne game that even remotely interested me (DA:I) had a 360 port (a very buggy one, but a port nonetheless).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rawr! wrote:
Cr500cricket wrote:
It's my birthday... I'm 16... Stay off the streets.

Happy birthday, fellow celebrant!

Thanks to math, I'm now less than thrice your age.

I knew Math had SOME redeeming quality! ;P


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ragadolf wrote:
I have t-shirts from theater shows in college that are 20 years old. :(

I *just* threw out my "Class of '85 10-year-reunion" shirts, so those were almost exactly 20.

I have a few of my old punk shirts from the early '80s in storage, but that doesn't count because I don't wear them.

My hiking boots are from circa 1985, when I was clambering over some talus and a sharp edge went right through 1/8" of leather and nearly took a toe, so I got some even heavier-duty boots.

Oh, but I *did* just put Impus Minor in my infamous "scum coat" -- an army surplus coat from 1985. So my son has worn clothes more than twice his age.

EDIT: Oooh! Thanks, Rawr! I am within some trivial decimal points of being precisely thrice Cr500Cricket's age. (I'm 48, but my birthday's in June so we're off by a couple of months...)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

My motivation to work is about zero, or possibly even less :-)


Ragadolf wrote:
I have t-shirts from theater shows in college that are 20 years old. :(

Mine oldest T-shirts from early nineties gave up their life last year and this. Now, the oldest things I have will probably be jeans jacket (which might be nearly or even over twenty) and a sweater or two.

EDIT: I mean things that I actually wear. I am pretty sure my closet contains older clothing...


Oh sure make it a requirement that I have to wear it! I guess my oldest item I still wear is my GenCon 2000 tshirt which is big and comfy and I wear it to bed cause it's pretty ratty now.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Ragadolf wrote:
I have t-shirts from theater shows in college that are 20 years old. :(
I *just* threw out my "Class of '85 10-year-reunion" shirts, so those were almost exactly 20.

If my assumptions are correct, and you're referring to high school, I graduated a decade after your 10-year reunion.

*ducks*


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Ragadolf wrote:
I have t-shirts from theater shows in college that are 20 years old. :(

I *just* threw out my "Class of '85 10-year-reunion" shirts, so those were almost exactly 20.

I have a few of my old punk shirts from the early '80s in storage, but that doesn't count because I don't wear them.

My hiking boots are from circa 1985, when I was clambering over some talus and a sharp edge went right through 1/8" of leather and nearly took a toe, so I got some even heavier-duty boots.

Oh, but I *did* just put Impus Minor in my infamous "scum coat" -- an army surplus coat from 1985. So my son has worn clothes more than twice his age.

EDIT: Oooh! Thanks, Rawr! I am within some trivial decimal points of being precisely thrice Cr500Cricket's age. (I'm 48, but my birthday's in June so we're off by a couple of months...)

jesus.

I didn't think it was possible for someone on the boards to be that old...


Freehold DM wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Ragadolf wrote:
I have t-shirts from theater shows in college that are 20 years old. :(

I *just* threw out my "Class of '85 10-year-reunion" shirts, so those were almost exactly 20.

I have a few of my old punk shirts from the early '80s in storage, but that doesn't count because I don't wear them.

My hiking boots are from circa 1985, when I was clambering over some talus and a sharp edge went right through 1/8" of leather and nearly took a toe, so I got some even heavier-duty boots.

Oh, but I *did* just put Impus Minor in my infamous "scum coat" -- an army surplus coat from 1985. So my son has worn clothes more than twice his age.

EDIT: Oooh! Thanks, Rawr! I am within some trivial decimal points of being precisely thrice Cr500Cricket's age. (I'm 48, but my birthday's in June so we're off by a couple of months...)

jesus.

I didn't think it was possible for someone on the boards to be that old...

You haven't looked at the who is the oldest on the forums thread then... There were people that were in their late fifties and some in their sixties there. And it was a few years ago.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Ragadolf wrote:
I have t-shirts from theater shows in college that are 20 years old. :(
I *just* threw out my "Class of '85 10-year-reunion" shirts, so those were almost exactly 20.

If my assumptions are correct, and you're referring to high school, I graduated a decade after your 10-year reunion.

*ducks*

Grabs Freehold's bike. Throws it. Injures elbow due to extreme age. Sues Freehold. Wins free ride.

124,051 to 124,100 of 238,479 << first < prev | 2477 | 2478 | 2479 | 2480 | 2481 | 2482 | 2483 | 2484 | 2485 | 2486 | 2487 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.