>>Ask *James Jacobs* ALL your Questions Here!<<


Off-Topic Discussions

251 to 300 of 77,491 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo Employee Creative Director

Mothman wrote:

Dear Doctor Jacobs,

Are trout you find in rivers the same as trout you find in the sea?

Nope. Because they don't live in the sea.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Mothman wrote:

Dear Doctor Jacobs,

Who would win in a fight, an adult male (neutered) common house cat or a juvenile (80cm long) red bellied black snake?

Depends on who wins initiative, and if the cat has a knife.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Mothman wrote:

Dear Doctor Jacobs,

Why is it that birds and crocodiles and sharks survived the extinction event that killed off the dinosaurs, but pterosaurs, bird-like dinosaurs and mosasaurs didn’t?

Now you're just trying to make me cry.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Mothman wrote:

Dear Doctor Jacobs,

Is the Komodo dragon still counted as a cryptid?

Absolutely not. I've seen one! If I see something, it's real!

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Mothman wrote:

Dear Doctor Jacobs,

Is there a case for scientific whaling? What are the ethical implications of selling the meat for food of whales hunted for scientific purposes?

If scientific whaling is limited to non-threatened or non-endangered species, and if the whaling is being done for legitimate science, then selling the meat for food is MUCH more ethical than dumping it overboard.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Mothman wrote:

Dear Doctor Jacobs,

When do you think the dolphins will make their move? Should we make a pre-emptive strike?

Too late. Go check your bathtub.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Mothman wrote:

Dear Doctor Jacobs,

Is it true you can talk to the animals?

Matt Sernett seems to think so.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Mothman wrote:
What are your thoughts on Paizo hiring someone with the first name Jacob?

Paizo already did that. He doesn't work here anymore.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Mothman wrote:
What are your thoughts on someone having the name ‘Jacob Jacob’. Would it make any difference if they were a doctor – Doctor Jacob Jacob? How about Michael Michael?

What about Mothman Mothman? Or Mothmothmanman?


The names of my honest serving men?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Zombieneighbours wrote:
The names of my honest serving men?

Sounds like Jacob Jacob or something like that, I guess.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Why do all cats not possess the fiendish template, despite all evidence pointing to the fact that they should?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

What is the farthest you have ever tossed a Dwarf?

If you had a superpower what would it be?

Does this make me look fat?

What is your favorite DQ blizzard?

What is your favorite character from G.I. Joe?

If you could fight anyone in history who would you fight?

What is your favorite episode of Star Wars?

Did Han shoot first?

Can I have the last slice of pizza?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Zombieneighbours wrote:
Why do all cats not possess the fiendish template, despite all evidence pointing to the fact that they should?

KITTIES!

They're not fiendish! Dogs are!

Paizo Employee Creative Director

JMD031 wrote:

What is the farthest you have ever tossed a Dwarf?

If you had a superpower what would it be?

Does this make me look fat?

What is your favorite DQ blizzard?

What is your favorite character from G.I. Joe?

If you could fight anyone in history who would you fight?

What is your favorite episode of Star Wars?

Did Han shoot first?

Can I have the last slice of pizza?

1) Not far enough.

2) Shapechanging.
3) Reeses Peanut Butter Cup.
4) I guess Cobra Commander, although I'm not really a fan of G.I. Joe.
5) Young Hitler, because if I won, well...
6) Empire Strikes Back, because it's got the least Lucas on it, and because an actual writer worked on the script.
7) I guess so. Not a Star Wars fan, really, but Harrison Ford's a badass, so probably.
8) Sure! Enjoy!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
JMD031 wrote:

What is the farthest you have ever tossed a Dwarf?

If you had a superpower what would it be?

Does this make me look fat?

What is your favorite DQ blizzard?

What is your favorite character from G.I. Joe?

If you could fight anyone in history who would you fight?

What is your favorite episode of Star Wars?

Did Han shoot first?

Can I have the last slice of pizza?

1) Not far enough.

2) Shapechanging.
3) Reeses Peanut Butter Cup.
4) I guess Cobra Commander, although I'm not really a fan of G.I. Joe.
5) Young Hitler, because if I won, well...
6) Empire Strikes Back, because it's got the least Lucas on it, and because an actual writer worked on the script.
7) I guess so. Not a Star Wars fan, really, but Harrison Ford's a badass, so probably.
8) Sure! Enjoy!

So you think I'm fat?

What was your favorite toy as a child?


On Golarion, when will the stars be right for my fell masters deep within the Dark Tapestry to descend on the world?

When will that Adventure Path be coming (2012....perhaps)?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

JMD031 wrote:

So you think I'm fat?

What was your favorite toy as a child?

1) Not at all! You're just big-boned! Now eat that pizza, tubby!

2) This. To the extent that I still own it, with a broken-off leg, a missing hand (it could, for whatever reason, launch like a missile!) and a missing tail (which could come off and was hollow and you could hide things in it).

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Yasha wrote:

On Golarion, when will the stars be right for my fell masters deep within the Dark Tapestry to descend on the world?

When will that Adventure Path be coming (2012....perhaps)?

Ask again in 3 years.


Has 'The Spirit Level: Why Equality is Better for everyone' made it over to the states yet?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Zombieneighbours wrote:
Has 'The Spirit Level: Why Equality is Better for everyone' made it over to the states yet?

Looks like yes.

The Exchange

WHen will Pathfinder Players handbook 2: Other PC Humanoid Races and non core Character classes be made available?

Dark Archive

*n* disapointed about never seeing the chthulrex

what will we ever do without it?

Dark Archive

if you placed all the iconics in a tavern and locked them up what would happen?


when do you sleep?

Liberty's Edge

Thanks for the answers James! Most enlightening (well, funny anyway).


Maine Coon, American Shorthair, Siamese, other? Tuxedo, tortoiseshell, calico, tabby, other?

Favorite local eatery for breakfast? Favorite breakfast?


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

What kind of strange tortures do you have planned for Yoda now that he lives in the area (and/or works for Paizo)?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
Studpuffin wrote:
Is Aroden really REALLY dead?
Sure enough!

Are you planning on publishing a Death Certificate, as when Stephen Strange cast that epic spell that removed all vampires from Marvel Earth.? (they did eventually get better though)


LazarX wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Studpuffin wrote:
Is Aroden really REALLY dead?
Sure enough!
Are you planning on publishing a Death Certificate, as when Stephen Strange cast that epic spell that removed all vampires from Marvel Earth.? (they did eventually get better though)

Or Arody's will (maybe like this)?


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

Is Godzilla a Spawn of Rovagug?

Who got Aroden's record-collection?


Which adventuring party was the first to meet in a tavern brawl, and where are they today?


What's the best wine pairing for a human brain?

The Exchange

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

He skipped my question. I haz a sad. :-(


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

After a long day slaying monsters in the woods, the band decides to set up camp, and Kyra and Merisiel trots off to clean the sweat (and hobgoblin-gore) off of themselves in a nearby pool where they're caught unawares by two succubi looking for some fun. What would Lem do?


Jacobian #5 wrote:
Which adventuring party was the first to meet in a tavern brawl, and where are they today?

You mean the characters or the players?


Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Jacobian #5 wrote:
Which adventuring party was the first to meet in a tavern brawl, and where are they today?
You mean the characters or the players?

Yes!


James Jacobs wrote:
Kajehase wrote:
Dear James Jacobs, why can't Swedish soccer teams seem to qualify for the Champions League any longer?
It's all part of their 19 year plan of making other teams overconfident so that when the time is right they'll be able to strike with unwavering power and vim.

LOL

Paizo Employee Creative Director

yellowdingo wrote:
WHen will Pathfinder Players handbook 2: Other PC Humanoid Races and non core Character classes be made available?

We'll never have a product called "Pathfinder Player's Handbook 2." With the exception of the bestiary line, we're kind of down on slapping numbers on our titles.

A book about playing monstrous PCs is still a pretty solid idea, but it's not gonna happen in 2010 or 2011. Probably not 2012 either, but we'll see!

Paizo Employee Creative Director

ulgulanoth wrote:
if you placed all the iconics in a tavern and locked them up what would happen?

Some sort of awesome adventure that Merisiel would win.


Jacobian #5 wrote:
Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Jacobian #5 wrote:
Which adventuring party was the first to meet in a tavern brawl, and where are they today?
You mean the characters or the players?
Yes!

I see all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way!

Paizo Employee Creative Director

The smitter wrote:
when do you sleep?

Generally from about 2:00 AM to about 10:00 AM.


Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Jacobian #5 wrote:
Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Jacobian #5 wrote:
Which adventuring party was the first to meet in a tavern brawl, and where are they today?
You mean the characters or the players?
Yes!
I see all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way!

When I'm drivin' in my car and a man comes on the radio and he's tellin' me more and more about some useless information supposed to fire my imagination.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Justin Franklin wrote:
What kind of strange tortures do you have planned for Yoda now that he lives in the area (and/or works for Paizo)?

The primary one is the revelation that working at Paizo isn't all fun and games. Sometimes, it's work. STRESSFUL work.

Also: the spiky rat box.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

LazarX wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Studpuffin wrote:
Is Aroden really REALLY dead?
Sure enough!
Are you planning on publishing a Death Certificate, as when Stephen Strange cast that epic spell that removed all vampires from Marvel Earth.? (they did eventually get better though)

If that'll convince people that he's for real dead, it's not a half-bad idea.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Kajehase wrote:

Is Godzilla a Spawn of Rovagug?

Who got Aroden's record-collection?

Godzilla's even more off limits than beholders. (And if he weren't, he'd be a free agent—he probably fights against the spawn of Rovagug though!)

Aroden made sure to break all his records before he died.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Hannibal Lecter wrote:
What's the best wine pairing for a human brain?

If you were the REAL Hannibal Lecter, you'd know. If you aren't, I don't want to encourage that kind of dining. Even if it's Ray Liota's brain, which is kind of a public service.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
delabarre wrote:
He skipped my question. I haz a sad. :-(

Post it again! Of course, if I skipped it because it wasn't worthy, that'll just get you a DOUBLE sad. The internet is FULL OF RISKS.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Kajehase wrote:
After a long day slaying monsters in the woods, the band decides to set up camp, and Kyra and Merisiel trots off to clean the sweat (and hobgoblin-gore) off of themselves in a nearby pool where they're caught unawares by two succubi looking for some fun. What would Lem do?

Start making Diplomacy checks, or maybe Stealth and Perception and Sleight of Hand checks.

Dark Archive

what is the safe choice for a long term relationship, succubus or erynies?

251 to 300 of 77,491 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / >>Ask *James Jacobs* ALL your Questions Here!<< All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.