Asmodeus

Arakhor's page

1,614 posts. No reviews. No lists. No wishlists.


1 to 50 of 220 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Really? Even if you can't do it in your head, a few scribblings on your character sheet would solve that immediately.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

That's a shame - I thought that they were better than ability penalties overall.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

What's wrong with the conditions?


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Colette Brunel wrote:
I am very much on the autistic spectrum.

So am I. I don't see how that's relevant.

Quote:
If Pathfinder 2e crumbles apart just because a GM opts for that...

Literally any game with a GM can fall apart if you aim to kill your players at any opportunity, because you always have that power. As such, any anecdote that starts with "I killed all their characters, therefore X is bad" is automatically suspect if every session is "I actively try to kill all their characters and usually succeed".

(Frankly, if you couldn't kill all their characters when you're the GM despite trying to, you're not just trying hard enough.)


11 people marked this as a favorite.
Colette Brunel wrote:
While I appreciate removing the slowed condition from the dying rules, I cannot help but think that the wounded condition will make it even easier for a gang of determined enemies to beat down on a massively-AC-debuffed, dying PC in order to finish them off once and for all. That is a tactic I have been using in my playtest games to force TPKs, and the new wounded condition will make it even easier.

You've literally been "forcing" TPKs and then wonder why why you have a 100% TPK rate??


3 people marked this as a favorite.
graystone wrote:
Honestly, a lot of americans get annoyed with efforts to get them to convert to metric. As such, I think more people would dislike seeing metric in their pathfinder than there are metric uses that'd be happy to see the conversions.

That is certainly the lamest excuse presented so far.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You might want to run a spell-check over it next time before PDFing it.

I like your idea for awarding hero points for pushing on, rather than retreating. I also agree with you on trinkets.


9 people marked this as a favorite.

The text about resonance in the blog seems entirely neutral to me, so I don't see how it can be interpreted as negatively as above.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Paradox games give away patch fixes and the like for free with every update. Their DLC are always optional and the visual content packs can safely be skipped.


11 people marked this as a favorite.
Fallyrion Dunegrién wrote:
Stop trying to fixing the game by changing the world around it has ben working for decades.

Demi-human level limits, paladins only for humans and multi-classing never for humans were all ways the world worked "for decades". They changed, for the better too.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lausth wrote:
<stuff>

Do you not know how to use the space bar after a full stop or question mark or is this just a stylistic choice?


5 people marked this as a favorite.

"Standard" would be a better word than "basic" here.

I would agree that if the save results are written out in a line like that, the CS result should definitely precede the S result.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

SWSE did it that way too, such that your Reflex save also stood in for your AC.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I wasn't expecting to get SWSE tips in this thread, but I'll take 'em! :)


4 people marked this as a favorite.

The trait bubbles should really be ranked by importance, rather than alphabetically, e.g. Outsider Evil Chaotic for demons or Enchantment Emotion Mental for the charm spell.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's not the same without Tony DiTerlizzi's artwork, but thank you. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I own most of TSR's Planescape output, but sadly I never got to have a proper 2nd Ed game with any of it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

In Planescape lore, certain outsiders used to send mephits to each other, with each type of mephit conveying a certain "coded" message by virtue of their quantity or racial type.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'd rather steer clear of more icons. How about two sub-paragraphs, one for invested powers and the other for activated/resonance powers?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

It does seem a little bit odd that the alchemist is the only class that needs resonance to power their abilities. If you changed that, then you'd have the liberty to mess around with investment/charge mechanics, which I think are by far the most useful part of resonance.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I mixed up lbs and kg, but I had the right idea. My excuse is that I am indeed British, so we use either or neither as the case demands. :)

One stone is 14 lbs and is typically only used for weighing people. It would be about 2 Bulk.


10 people marked this as a favorite.

For the record, I think that having the powers mixed in with the spells is a really silly idea - either include them at the end of the class chapter or as a separate section in the spells chapter.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
graystone wrote:
What is the formula for bulk to kilograms? Pounds?

5-10 for lbs; roughly 10-20 for kg. That one was easy.

Quote:
I can recall that some use the metric system and respect their choice but I don't see how that translates into HAVING to go to the trouble of printing dual stats OR requiring other material to be removed to make room for it.

How much content do you think would have to be removed by adding one to two lines in the temperature section and maybe a sidebar on common Imperial-Metric conversions? The answer is almost certainly far less than you think.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
CWheezy wrote:
Unless the spells are actually organized I wont look any harder (alphabetically and not by level??? wtf)

I know - it's shocking that it's been done that way ever since 3rd Edition debuted. Incredible, isn't it?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Gazebo, aka Treachery Demon? :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
graystone wrote:
T(°C) = (T(°F) - 32) / 1.8

I'm well aware of what the formula is, thanks. I do wonder though, if some people are complaining that they can't work with Bulk because it's abstract or too imprecise or it (allegedly) allows spears to be fitted into belt-pouches, why should they be expected to work with mental arithmetic on the fly? Surely the latter is far more difficult.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

A potted description beside each spell, as in 3E or PF1?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Jason Bulmahn wrote:

I actually made the case early in our design to change to metric, but as you might have guessed, with the vast majority of the audience being based in the US we could not find a way to make it work.

That said.. the game works pretty smoothly if you call 5 feet equal to 2 meters, and then all diagonal moves are 3 meters.

Well, that works fine for linear measurements, as has been pointed out, but not for Fahrenheit into Celsius. Given that there appear to be only eight specific temperatures mentioned throughout the playtest (all in section on Temperature), it can't be that difficult to include eight conversions into Celsius. It would take up one extra line, two at most.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ugh? Squares? I don't think we need any further resemblance to 4th Edition.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Personally, I liked the idea of Starfinder's "craft skills are merged into the other skills". Alternatively, they could have given the Lores some bite and allowed you to craft with some of those.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Your vision in darkness with darkvision is black and white - it says nothing about being so in dim light. Still, even if it did, there is no such proviso for low-light vision.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

No, Fahrenheit is used because Paizo is an American company, not because of any fanciful ideas about it being more "natural" or anything like that.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Endure Elements lost its temperature rating in Fahrenheit, but the section on temperature is still entirely in Fahrenheit. Given that 'heat' and 'extreme heat' are now game terms, including temperatures in Celsius in that one small section on p341 really shouldn't be a big ask.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

All the more reason why it shouldn't be a feat.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Which is fine for vocational lores, Xenocrat. Noble Lore? Vampire Lore?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Lore seems to work as a profession skill and a really limited trivia skill, but it's not clear why you'd spend skill slots on training it even up to Expert, let alone beyond (unless of course you don't adventure for your money).


14 people marked this as a favorite.

I wonder how many of these people not wanting martial characters to have Legendary abilities will happily allow spells of 8th-level plus (and probably in the very same party, too).


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I often just roll Handle Animal and Ride together and be done with it.

Given that we've been told that characters will automatically improve in Perception, rather than put ranks in it, it seems a bit odd that Sense Motive would also be included in this.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
thflame wrote:
Because nobody wants to play an under powered character, just because they want to have a flaw. It's called good character building. Good characters have flaws. If you have no flaws, you aren't interesting.

You only want your interesting, flavourful character that won't be possible in PF2 (?) if you get to be better than someone else because of it? In other words, you're less interested in the role-playing of this exciting, interesting, potentially dangerous flaw than in optimising your character?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I like the idea of giving the option - a swift action to check each round or a full-round somatic action for the longer affair.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

First you hate the art and now you're angry about how much the game has been (allegedly) dumbed down. Haven't you heard about trapping more flies with honey than with vinegar?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm pro "corner paladins" and not anti-goblin, but then I've never even touched a Golarion book. My goblins are more 3.5 than PF, with a generous sprinkling of 2E's Birthright setting.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

You say that like not offending people unnecessarily is a bad thing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I thought it was Erik Mona who had the ultimate say over which mechanics go into the game. Whether you use power points or spell slots is hardly likely to be referenced in-world.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

There's a vast difference between a 5,000 gp diamond and the nebulous, cost-less components that come in any spell component pouch (and which are entirely negated by a single feat). Removing the latter has no game impact on the former and can easily be enacted without doing so.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Thanks, that's helpful" is exactly my response when I see a temperature in Fahrenheit, but I don't recall anyone suggesting that it be stricken from the rules forever more. Good grief, guys.

1 to 50 of 220 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>