Mummy's Mask Campaign

Game Master AoW_GM


101 to 150 of 417 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Map Link

Sahba and Radamiel do not notice anything out of the ordinary in the room.
Falric investigates the chariot and discerns the following: It is a light chariot. Time has taken a toll on the chariot, such that using it as a vehicle would be dubious at best. Perhaps, magic could be used to repair it. Then there is also the issue of transporting the chariot out of the tomb.
The animal skins have also been ravaged by time and are worthless.
Tethys investigates the chest. It is beautiful in quality and if undamaged, may be worth some gold as an object of art. The chest is locked, and Tethys spots a trap on it. He tries to disable it but fails. Thankfully, he does not set off the trap.

Dice rolls:

Tethys: Aid another: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Tethys: Aid another: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Falric: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 2 = 25
Falric: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 = 27

Realizing that perhaps the halfling is more skilled at disabling traps, Tethys and Falric work together to disarm the poison needle trap and unlock the chest. The chest contains two similar looking potions with red liquid and one potion with black liquid. All 3 potions radiate magic. Also inside the chest are two books with thin, gold-plated metal sheets for pages. The first is a brief biography of Akhentepi, and the second is a list and description of the various military campaigns conducted by the nation of Osirion between 2350 and 2450AR. Each book weighs 25 pounds.

In addition to the standard methods of identification, PCs can sample from each container they find to attempt to determine the nature of the liquid inside with a Perception check.


Map Link

After the perception checks on the potions...I will assume Tethys will carry the 50 lbs. of books. Moving further east..

Four funerary masks hang on one wall of this short 10' hallway, staring down as if in judgment at anyone standing in the corridor.


Male halfling alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 1/bard (dawnflower dervish) 1 HP 14/14|F: +2, R: +8, W: +2|Init + 4|AC 20 (16 T, 15 FF)|Bardic Performance 5/5 rds./day|Perception: +7/+8 vs. traps|Disable Device: +12|Alkahest Bombs: 3/day|Halfling Luck 3/day

Perception check on red potion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Perception check on black potion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Perception check on mask hallway: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Perception check on masks: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Female Half-Elf/Keleshite Magus (Bladebound/Spire Defender) 2 | HP: 15/15| AC: 13 (14) (17 W Shield spell), Touch 13 FF 10 | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +3 (+5 enchantment)| Init: +2 | Arcane pool 6/day (Used: 0)| Perc: +3 Active effects:

With a brief utterance, Sahba's eyes take on a shimmering blue glow as she shifts her vision into the arcane spectrum, taking a minute to study the potions

Cast Detect Magic
Spellcraft Black (DC 15 + CL): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Spellcraft Red(DC 15 + CL): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Map Link

Falric and Sahba discern that the two red potions are each a Potion of Cure Light Wounds and the black potion is a Potion of Darkvision.

Falric detects no traps and approaches the gold-plated masks. Two of the masks represent Pharasma and Abadar, respectively. Despite the ominous appearance of the hallway, there is no trap and you can freely take the four masks, if you wish.

DC 20 K. Religion:
The other two funerary masks represent Sekhmet and Osiris, the ancient Osirian goddess of war and god of the afterlife, respectively.

Moving further east...

A table displaying a three-dimensional diorama occupies much of the north side of this room. Three shields with different designs are displayed upon a rack against the east wall, while various weapons hang rom another rack along the south wall. Arrayed around the room are five small chests and a clay urn.


Male Human Cleric (Pharasma) 2 HP 13/13 | AC 17, FF 16, Touch 10, CMD 13 | Fort +3 Ref +0 Will +6 | Init +0 | Per +3, SM +7 | Speed 30ft (20 in armor) | Channel (Positive) 7x/day | Disrupt Undead 6x/day | Rebuke Death 6x/day |Conditions:

know religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Radamiel feels drawn to the diorama and moves in to take a look at it.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Well, my digital dice seem to behave as well as my physical dice.


M Catfolk Wizard (Chronomancer) 2 HP 14/14 | AC 12, FF 10, Touch 12, CMD 12 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +2, +2 vs Fear| Init +6 | Per -1, SM -1 | Speed 30ft | Conditions: MA, EE, WP

knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Idari-lucien's sweet breath purrs out over Radamiel's shoulder, as the Cleric looks over the collection of masks.
The other two funerary masks represent Sekhmet and Osiris, the ancient Osirian goddess of war and god of the afterlife, respectively.

The Catfolk seems to already be moving forward toward the east....

Waiting at the trappers to give the all clear, the Wizard does direct his Unseen Servant to walk the parameter of the table.

He also casts Detect Magic to scan the area.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
TN Female Half-Elf | Fighter 1/U. Rogue 1 | HP 4/19 | AC 17, FF 16, Touch 11, CMD 16 | Fort +2 Ref +2 Will -1, +2 vs enchantment | Init +2 | Per +9, SM -1 | Speed 20ft | Conditions:

Tethys methodically takes anything she can carry and might be of value, starting with the lacquered chest and proceeding down the hall with the masks. Certain their is no danger she starts to investigate each of the smaller chests opening each in turn.

She nods her thanks when the potions and masks are identified, "Canny."

Started a loot sheet, here.


Male halfling alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 1/bard (dawnflower dervish) 1 HP 14/14|F: +2, R: +8, W: +2|Init + 4|AC 20 (16 T, 15 FF)|Bardic Performance 5/5 rds./day|Perception: +7/+8 vs. traps|Disable Device: +12|Alkahest Bombs: 3/day|Halfling Luck 3/day

Falric checks out the room for any traps or hidden dangers.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Map Link

As soon as the party enters the room and approaches the diorama, three tiny wooden dolls spring to life and clamber down the diorama to attack! Thanks to Falric's keen senses, you are not surprised! The warrior dolls did not react to the unseen servant.

Initiative rolls:
Dolls: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Falric: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Idari: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Radamiel: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Sahba: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Tethys: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Round 1: Idari, Radamiel, Tethys, and Falric are up. The enemies have been color coded on the slide so you can specify which you attack. They are tiny so multiple enemies can fit in same square.


Male Human Cleric (Pharasma) 2 HP 13/13 | AC 17, FF 16, Touch 10, CMD 13 | Fort +3 Ref +0 Will +6 | Init +0 | Per +3, SM +7 | Speed 30ft (20 in armor) | Channel (Positive) 7x/day | Disrupt Undead 6x/day | Rebuke Death 6x/day |Conditions:

Radamiel takes a 5' step forward and swings at the warrior doll in black.

attack (heavy mace): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
damage (if successful): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


TN Female Half-Elf | Fighter 1/U. Rogue 1 | HP 4/19 | AC 17, FF 16, Touch 11, CMD 16 | Fort +2 Ref +2 Will -1, +2 vs enchantment | Init +2 | Per +9, SM -1 | Speed 20ft | Conditions:

Tethys maneuvers to a better vantage and hefts her hammer, trying to bring it down on one of the dolls (the nearest one). She puts her whole body into the swing hoping to crush it entirely.

Lucerne Hammer vs Teal, power attack: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 1 = 8
Damage: 1d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 3 = 17
Sneak attack, if applicable: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Maybe with it flat footed, unlikely if it's tiny.

She readies her hammer, ready to strike if they make themselves vulnerable. I'm threatening them all and will take an attack of opportunity at any uninjured ones that provoke.

AoO:
AoO: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 1 = 14 Maybe if Idari gives me some luck?
Damage: 1d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 3 = 13
Sneak attack, if applicable: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Male halfling alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 1/bard (dawnflower dervish) 1 HP 14/14|F: +2, R: +8, W: +2|Init + 4|AC 20 (16 T, 15 FF)|Bardic Performance 5/5 rds./day|Perception: +7/+8 vs. traps|Disable Device: +12|Alkahest Bombs: 3/day|Halfling Luck 3/day

Round 1:
Falric will skirt around the room and swing his scimitar at the doll wounded by Radamiel, if it is still up. If not, he will attack the fresh enemy adjacent to him.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Map Link

Radamiel steps up and bashes the warrior doll. However, the tiny construct's hardness mitigates some of the damage. It still stands!
Tethys bring her polearm down on the creature awkwardly and misses.
Falric moves around the room, with no fear of attacks of opportunity from the tiny creatures and strikes the damaged doll and it breaks in several pieces, destroyed.
2 dolls remain and Idari is up.


M Catfolk Wizard (Chronomancer) 2 HP 14/14 | AC 12, FF 10, Touch 12, CMD 12 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +2, +2 vs Fear| Init +6 | Per -1, SM -1 | Speed 30ft | Conditions: MA, EE, WP

Idari-lucien's blue eyes watch the bizarre show in the back and out of the way.
Delay


Map Link

Radamiel and Falric each receive an AoO on their respective doll, as the creatures have 0 reach. Tethys does not get an AoO due to soft cover provided by Falric. After your AoOs...

Round 1: Warrior Dolls
The two wooden dolls take a 5' step, provoking, and attack their respective opponents with their spears. Both dolls draw blood.

Blue Doll
Attack on Radamiel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 --- hit
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Attack on Radamiel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 --- miss

Yellow Doll
Attack on Falric: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 --- hit
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Attack on Falric: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 --- miss

After the AoOs, Idari and Sabah to finish the Round.


Male halfling alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 1/bard (dawnflower dervish) 1 HP 14/14|F: +2, R: +8, W: +2|Init + 4|AC 20 (16 T, 15 FF)|Bardic Performance 5/5 rds./day|Perception: +7/+8 vs. traps|Disable Device: +12|Alkahest Bombs: 3/day|Halfling Luck 3/day

Falric strikes at the approaching doll but miscalculates and misses by a mile. He winces as the doll's spear digs into his leg.
AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Nope...


Female Half-Elf/Keleshite Magus (Bladebound/Spire Defender) 2 | HP: 15/15| AC: 13 (14) (17 W Shield spell), Touch 13 FF 10 | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +3 (+5 enchantment)| Init: +2 | Arcane pool 6/day (Used: 0)| Perc: +3 Active effects:

Sahba calls upon her inner magic, drawing pure arcane power to enhance her weapon as she rushes forward, dashing around Idary to strike at the doll facing Radamiel

Black bladed Kopesh (enhanced)/Flank: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21
Slashing/Magic: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Spend 1 arcane point to enhance weapon (Free action). Move and attack


M Catfolk Wizard (Chronomancer) 2 HP 14/14 | AC 12, FF 10, Touch 12, CMD 12 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +2, +2 vs Fear| Init +6 | Per -1, SM -1 | Speed 30ft | Conditions: MA, EE, WP

Idari-lucien's positioning changes from being on the ground to climbing to the highest possible position available.
Double Move

Apologies need to get re used to PF1e cantrips that suck...lol.


Male Human Cleric (Pharasma) 2 HP 13/13 | AC 17, FF 16, Touch 10, CMD 13 | Fort +3 Ref +0 Will +6 | Init +0 | Per +3, SM +7 | Speed 30ft (20 in armor) | Channel (Positive) 7x/day | Disrupt Undead 6x/day | Rebuke Death 6x/day |Conditions:

Radamiel will swing his heavy mace at the blue doll.

AoO on Blue Doll
Attack w/Heavy Mace: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 = 23
Damage (if hit): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Standard melee attack
If the blue doll is still standing, Radamiel will attack it again. If it is not he will swing at the yellow doll.
Attack w/Heavy Mace: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 = 22 (remove +2 flanking bonus if attacking yellow doll)
Damage (if hit): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Map Link

Summary of Round 1:
Falric and Radamiel teamed up to destroy one of the little dolls.
Tethys missed.
Idaris delayed.
The dolls moved forward, provoking AoOs.
Falric missed.
Rdamiel hit but did not exceed its hardness of 5 so no damage.
The dolls attacked and wounded Falric and Radamiel.
Idaris double moved.
Sahba flanked and wounded the blue doll. -2 hps.

Round 2:
Radamiel's strike on the wounded blue doll destroys it!
Only the yellow doll remains.
Tethys and Falric are up.


TN Female Half-Elf | Fighter 1/U. Rogue 1 | HP 4/19 | AC 17, FF 16, Touch 11, CMD 16 | Fort +2 Ref +2 Will -1, +2 vs enchantment | Init +2 | Per +9, SM -1 | Speed 20ft | Conditions:

Tethys maneuvers for a better position and swings her hammer down between Sahba and Radamiel at the only remaining animate doll.

Hammer: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Bludgeoning: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male halfling alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 1/bard (dawnflower dervish) 1 HP 14/14|F: +2, R: +8, W: +2|Init + 4|AC 20 (16 T, 15 FF)|Bardic Performance 5/5 rds./day|Perception: +7/+8 vs. traps|Disable Device: +12|Alkahest Bombs: 3/day|Halfling Luck 3/day

Round 2:
Falric takes a swing at the yellow doll, but misses. He then takes a 5' step back to provoke another AoO from the doll.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Map Link

Round 2:
Radamiel's strike on the wounded blue doll destroys it!
Only the yellow doll remains.
Tethys misses the little agile doll.
Falric's swing also misses.

Round 2: Enemy
The doll does not follow Falric, but instead moves into Sabah's square and attacks her. Sabah gets free AoO. If still alive, the doll attacks her twice with its spear.

Doll Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 --- miss
Doll Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 --- hit.
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Sabah and Idaris are up to close the round.


Female Half-Elf/Keleshite Magus (Bladebound/Spire Defender) 2 | HP: 15/15| AC: 13 (14) (17 W Shield spell), Touch 13 FF 10 | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +3 (+5 enchantment)| Init: +2 | Arcane pool 6/day (Used: 0)| Perc: +3 Active effects:

As the doll moves toward her, Sabha brings her kopesh down in a powerful blow, directly on its head.

AoO
Black bladed Kopesh (enhanced): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Slashing/Magic: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Map Link

Sahba's blow shatters the doll in splinters. Combat has ended.

Reminder: Description of room: Three shields with different designs are displayed upon a rack against the east wall, while various weapons hang from another rack along the south wall. Arrayed around the room are five small chests and a clay urn.

You search the room. Most of the arms and armor on the racks are mundane items, but the following stands out:

Khopesh (MW)
Spear (MW)
*Light steel shield shaped like a scarab - radiates magic.

The chests are of good craftsmanship but less ornate than the one previously found. None of the chests are locked or trapped, but each has been sealed with wax. The clay urn is also sealed with wax. Do you break the seals?


TN Female Half-Elf | Fighter 1/U. Rogue 1 | HP 4/19 | AC 17, FF 16, Touch 11, CMD 16 | Fort +2 Ref +2 Will -1, +2 vs enchantment | Init +2 | Per +9, SM -1 | Speed 20ft | Conditions:

Tethys takes the weapons and shield adding them to their well gotten gains. She inspects the wax sealed containers and hesitates, "Are we going to pay the music for opening these?"


M Catfolk Wizard (Chronomancer) 2 HP 14/14 | AC 12, FF 10, Touch 12, CMD 12 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +2, +2 vs Fear| Init +6 | Per -1, SM -1 | Speed 30ft | Conditions: MA, EE, WP

Climbing down at the pleasant (and reassuring) sounds of splintered dolls, the Catfolk arrives just in time to clap.
Bravo! Well done! I'm not good with possessed dolls. Let's take a look at these.

The Wizard cast Detect Magic.
Knowledge (arcana) (Int) to Identify: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Male halfling alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 1/bard (dawnflower dervish) 1 HP 14/14|F: +2, R: +8, W: +2|Init + 4|AC 20 (16 T, 15 FF)|Bardic Performance 5/5 rds./day|Perception: +7/+8 vs. traps|Disable Device: +12|Alkahest Bombs: 3/day|Halfling Luck 3/day

"Heck yeah, we're breaking the seals. No traps and we need to reap the rewards of that battle." Falric says matter of factly, as he bandages his wound.


Map Link
Idari "Lucky Strikes" Lucien wrote:

Climbing down at the pleasant (and reassuring) sounds of splintered dolls, the Catfolk arrives just in time to clap.

Bravo! Well done! I'm not good with possessed dolls. Let's take a look at these.

The Wizard cast Detect Magic.
[dice=Knowledge (arcana) (Int) to Identify]1d20+7

Idari, I am a little confused. Are you trying to identify the dolls or the magic shield? If it's the latter, it's a Spellcraft check. I can use your roll since the bonus is the same.


Female Half-Elf/Keleshite Magus (Bladebound/Spire Defender) 2 | HP: 15/15| AC: 13 (14) (17 W Shield spell), Touch 13 FF 10 | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +3 (+5 enchantment)| Init: +2 | Arcane pool 6/day (Used: 0)| Perc: +3 Active effects:

"I don't see why not, but we should be ready for just about anything." Sahba comments.


Map Link

The party breaks the seals on the chests and finds the following:

Sack with a 100 gp and 42 sp
Several scroll tubes holding papyrus records, private memos, expense ledgers, speeches, and private correspondence. Among the papers are discussions regarding the unfinished tomb of Akhentepi’s mistress, aid to be located in a western passage. These documents may be worth some gold to a collector.
The clay urn is also sealed with wax and contains nard, an expensive, oily perfume, worth 75 gp.

Since there are no exits from this room, the only place the party can continue exploring is the southern staircase from the room with the faded tapestry.

Assuming you head there...

You open the door to the south and take the steps down and open the doors on the landing.

A massive mirror stretches across the southern wall of this chamber, flanked by two statues. The statue to the east depicts a tall, gaunt woman in a flowing, hooded gown, holding an hourglass (represents Pharasma). The figure to the west is that of a jackal-headed man carrying a scepter or staff in his hand (Anubis). Stone double doors, standing slightly ajar, lead to the east and west. Torch holders sculpted in the shape of bird skulls are built in each corner, and a thin layer of dust covers every surface.

How to proceed?


M Catfolk Wizard (Chronomancer) 2 HP 14/14 | AC 12, FF 10, Touch 12, CMD 12 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +2, +2 vs Fear| Init +6 | Per -1, SM -1 | Speed 30ft | Conditions: MA, EE, WP

Apologies. Always forget which skill. Dolls, please. Shield is easy.

Prior to descending down the new steps, the Wizard takes out his trusty collection of scrolls and reads for a few seconds.
Unseen Servant, Mage Armor, Light

Sending the Lit Unseen Servant down the steps initially, the Catfolk smiles at the rogue and Alchy, grandly inviting them to proceed him.

Upon viewing the Mirror chamber, Idari-lucien sends his Lit Unseen Servant into the chamber to occupy a centralized location for best lighting.


Male halfling alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 1/bard (dawnflower dervish) 1 HP 14/14|F: +2, R: +8, W: +2|Init + 4|AC 20 (16 T, 15 FF)|Bardic Performance 5/5 rds./day|Perception: +7/+8 vs. traps|Disable Device: +12|Alkahest Bombs: 3/day|Halfling Luck 3/day

Falric steps into the room after Idari casts his magic, takes a glimpse at his reflection in the mirror, and heads toward the eastern doors, looking for traps or tracks.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 (+1 vs. traps)
Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Female Half-Elf/Keleshite Magus (Bladebound/Spire Defender) 2 | HP: 15/15| AC: 13 (14) (17 W Shield spell), Touch 13 FF 10 | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +3 (+5 enchantment)| Init: +2 | Arcane pool 6/day (Used: 0)| Perc: +3 Active effects:

Sahba glances at the mirror briefly after the assorted items are collected, moving to follow with her sword drawn.


TN Female Half-Elf | Fighter 1/U. Rogue 1 | HP 4/19 | AC 17, FF 16, Touch 11, CMD 16 | Fort +2 Ref +2 Will -1, +2 vs enchantment | Init +2 | Per +9, SM -1 | Speed 20ft | Conditions:

Tethys looks along with Falric assessing for danger.

Perception, take 10, traps: 10 + 9 + 1 = 20

When she was sure there was none she motioned east and headed towards that door.


Male Human Cleric (Pharasma) 2 HP 13/13 | AC 17, FF 16, Touch 10, CMD 13 | Fort +3 Ref +0 Will +6 | Init +0 | Per +3, SM +7 | Speed 30ft (20 in armor) | Channel (Positive) 7x/day | Disrupt Undead 6x/day | Rebuke Death 6x/day |Conditions:

Radamiel follows into the mirror room.

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 to see if anything is interesting about the mirror or mirror frame.


Map Link

When you look in the mirror, you see yourself (and any other visible persons) reflected back—along with the likeness of Akhentepi as depicted elsewhere throughout the tomb: a human man with bronzed skin in his forties, wearing white ceremonial robes and a headdress. Oddly, you notice that all the reflected images always appear stern and disapproving, regardless of a creature’s actual facial expression. This was what you learned from studying the mirror for 1 round. If you want to spend more time, peering at the mirror and the reflections, let me know.

Falric's Survival check turns up evidence of tracks in the dust between the east and west doors. Unfortunately, he cannot determine the type of the creature(s) who made them.

While Tethys focuses on looking for traps (Taking 10 takes a minute), Falric moves to the eastern doors, which are slightly ajar, and pushes them open.

Pillars line the walls of this rectangular chamber, interspersed with stone jackal heads representing Anubis extending from the walls. A stone altar, covered in a layer of dust, sits at the eastern end of the room.


TN Female Half-Elf | Fighter 1/U. Rogue 1 | HP 4/19 | AC 17, FF 16, Touch 11, CMD 16 | Fort +2 Ref +2 Will -1, +2 vs enchantment | Init +2 | Per +9, SM -1 | Speed 20ft | Conditions:

Generally a perception check is a move action, and taking 20 takes twenty times as long as a normal time. Is there a particular reason it's taking this long?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Link
Tethys the Heartless wrote:
Generally a perception check is a move action, and taking 20 takes twenty times as long as a normal time. Is there a particular reason it's taking this long?

My bad, I confused it with Taking 20. Takes normal time. No threats detected in the room.


M Catfolk Wizard (Chronomancer) 2 HP 14/14 | AC 12, FF 10, Touch 12, CMD 12 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +2, +2 vs Fear| Init +6 | Per -1, SM -1 | Speed 30ft | Conditions: MA, EE, WP

Idari struts up behind Tethys to peer over her shoulder and into the next chamber.
Whatcha looking at?

The Wizard sends his Lit Unseen Servant into the chamber to walk about it.


Map Link

As the Unseen Servant brings the light into the room, behind the altar stir two creatures, that each look like tan-colored ten-legged spiders! And they do not look friendly, as they rush out to attack!

Initiative rolls:
Spiders: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Falric: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Idari: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Radamiel: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Sahba: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Tethys: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Iniaitive Order: Radamiel, Spiders, Idari, Falric, Sahba, and Tethys.
Some awful rolls!
There are 2 spiders on the map - one is colored light tan and the other is dark tan to distinguish them so you can direct your attacks to the appropriate enemy.
Radamiel is up.


TN Female Half-Elf | Fighter 1/U. Rogue 1 | HP 4/19 | AC 17, FF 16, Touch 11, CMD 16 | Fort +2 Ref +2 Will -1, +2 vs enchantment | Init +2 | Per +9, SM -1 | Speed 20ft | Conditions:

Tethy generally looks disapproving so fails to see the difference in her reflection. She's about to say something to Radamiel when the spiders attack! "Sod it all!" she complains as the spiders take her off guard.


Map Link

To move things along, Radamiel delays.

Round 1: Spiders
The small vermin move up to attack Falric and Tethys, who are standing in front of the open doors.

Light tan spider bite on Falric: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 - miss!
Dark tan spider bite on Tethys: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 - miss!

Party is up!


TN Female Half-Elf | Fighter 1/U. Rogue 1 | HP 4/19 | AC 17, FF 16, Touch 11, CMD 16 | Fort +2 Ref +2 Will -1, +2 vs enchantment | Init +2 | Per +9, SM -1 | Speed 20ft | Conditions:

Tethys asks Lucky, "Would you kindly step back?" Delay until after him.


M Catfolk Wizard (Chronomancer) 2 HP 14/14 | AC 12, FF 10, Touch 12, CMD 12 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +2, +2 vs Fear| Init +6 | Per -1, SM -1 | Speed 30ft | Conditions: MA, EE, WP

Knowledge (nature) (Int) to identify: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Idari-lucien's blue eyes turn to Tethys.
Are we inviting them further inside this particular chamber, then.

The Wizard nods in understanding and happily Strides back to the steps doorway.

The Wizard then--swiftly--grants his allies some Luck!

Inspiring Prediction (Su):
6/5
A number of times per day equal to 3 + your Intelligence modifier, you can predict an ally’s success, bolstering others’ resolve. As a swift action, you can shout an inspiring prediction, granting each ally within 50 feet who can hear you a +4 luck bonus on her next attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.

Knock their collective socks off!


Male halfling alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 1/bard (dawnflower dervish) 1 HP 14/14|F: +2, R: +8, W: +2|Init + 4|AC 20 (16 T, 15 FF)|Bardic Performance 5/5 rds./day|Perception: +7/+8 vs. traps|Disable Device: +12|Alkahest Bombs: 3/day|Halfling Luck 3/day

Round 1:
Falric's scimitar dances in his hands, before he lashes out at the 10-legged spider!
Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 5 = 30
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Confirmation: 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 5 = 30
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Map Link

Falric's critical strike slices the spider's face off, killing it instantly!


TN Female Half-Elf | Fighter 1/U. Rogue 1 | HP 4/19 | AC 17, FF 16, Touch 11, CMD 16 | Fort +2 Ref +2 Will -1, +2 vs enchantment | Init +2 | Per +9, SM -1 | Speed 20ft | Conditions:

Tethys takes a step back to allow herself room to swing.

Hammer looking for a nail, power attack, luck: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 1 + 4 = 27
Damage: 1d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 3 = 16


Map Link

Tethys' blow kills the spider instantly! Combat over!

You search the room and find the spiders' nest behind the altar but no treasures or interesting aspects of the room. With only one direction left to travel, you head west through the doors.

A flight of steps gradually descends to the west down this passage. Halfway down the stairs, small holes and burrowed tunnels riddle what remains of the passage’s southern wall. Earth and sand have spilled over the collapsed masonry, covering the stairs with dirt and rubble. Stone doors engraved with a golden scarab, its wings open beneath a golden sun, stand at either end of the stairs.

How does the party proceed?

101 to 150 of 417 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Mummy's Mask Campaign PbP - Like Sands of the Hourglass.... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.