[SFS] 6-02 Drift Scars (Inactive)

Game Master Kludde

Slides
RPG Chronicles
high Tier


51 to 100 of 211 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Ears grants the sensors some extra power.

Th enemy ships fire back. The ship furthest away is having a hard time getting a target lock, and torpedo flies across the bow while the laser lights up a nearby asteroid. The closest ship's torpedo launcher lock on, though, and the blast nearly take out the forward shield.

Gunnery, Bogey1, Torpedo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 234d8 ⇒ (5, 8, 3, 6) = 22

Gunnery, Bogey2, Heavy laser: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 2 = 154d8 ⇒ (8, 1, 8, 7) = 24
Gunnery, Bogey2, Torpedo vs TL: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 114d8 ⇒ (4, 4, 8, 5) = 21

1d6 ⇒ 2

Captain Jaws is fighting with his own batch of pirates, and broadcasts Mama Rae’s new appetizers will make you weak!

Sense Motive DC 14 as free action:

He's trying to point out one of the ship is vulnerable. You've deciphered the message, each gunner can take an extra action this round (e.g. fire another arc) for free.

[ooc]Everyone is up! Enemy ships have moved, damaged ship is indicated with a star. Let me know if you want to change roles this round. Can I also have an init roll for round 3?

Initiative for round 3: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

=====
[Status report]
---
---
(round 2):
Engineering:
Helm: Starfinders won initiative
Gunnery:

---
(round 3):
Engineering:
Helm: Beat 17 to win initiative
---
Pilot: Lifft
Gun 1: Blasto
Gun 2: Nikko
MagO: Atu (scry)
Engi: Orpheox
Sci: Ears
---
Damage report: No damage
---
Enemy report:
Bogey 1: P down; 42 Damage; Power core M; Weapons G; Life S G;
Bogey 2: No hits
---
Atu
Lifft
Orpheox
Nikko
Blasto
Ears

====

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

? Early Stage Barathu Mercenary Operative 7 (SP 56/56) (HP 48/48) (EAC 22, KAC 20) (Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +9) (Init +13) (Perception +19)

Round 2:

I literally cannot fail a DC 14 Sense Motive check, given I have a +15 bonus :-P

Everyone, the other Captain is trying to point out that one of the other ships is vulnerable!

Feel free to read the spoiler :-)

Blasto fires the particle beam again...

Particle Beam: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21, for 8d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 6, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1) = 24 damage.

...then shifts to a coilgun.

Coilgun: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21, for 4d4 ⇒ (2, 4, 2, 4) = 12 damage.

For preference, I will go for the damage ship, if I can, but at the end of the day, I'll go for whatever ends up being in our front arc...

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

Engineering:

Ears diverts power to the sensors again.

Engineering v 1.5*ship tier (19): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26 +2 on Sci Officer check this round

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Operative (Magical Assassin) 6 |SP 42/42|HP 39/39|RP 9/9|EAC 19; KAC 19|Fort +5; Ref +11; Will +9|Init +8|Perc +15, SM: +15 |Speed 40ft|Active conditions: None.

Excellent firing! Atu says as they continue to try and focus on the smae ship, hoping Hylax might further illuminate to them is defense and shield distirbutions.

With the extra gunning boost this round makes as much sense for Nikko to fire both the missiles and (if possible from how we fly) the second coilgun from either the port or stern. Atu will try to Scry further this round to see if they can get the rest of the enemy's stats.

Mysticism to Scry: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

Acquisitives

Agender Pahtra CG Precog 7 | SP49/49 HP 39/39 | RP 9/9 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +4; Ref +11; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Speed 40ft, Fly 30ft | Perception +11 (Lo-Lite/Darkvision), SM +10; Spells L1-5 L2-4, L3-3

Nikko cocks their head to the side for a moment.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

"Yep. Totally agree with your assessment."

Nikko's fingers fly over their console, swinging the turret to bear on the wounded ship since the undamaged ship is what Blasto can fire at with the forward-facing weapons.

Another Paradon-guided missile.
D20=11, so Missile Attack = 23
Damage: 5d10 ⇒ (3, 2, 6, 9, 3) = 23

"Synchronicity"

(Sadly, neither the Port nor the Aft coilgun was able to achieve a lock, since the ship's facing side was Starboard.)

Acquisitives

Soldier-7: SP 57/70; HP 54/54; RP 8/8; mk 1 healing serum 2/2; reroll(@+2) 1/1 Shirren EAC 19; KAC 19; F+7;R +7; W +7; Per +3;

"so sorry... the Drake is not very maneuverable" says Liftt.

"Is everyone okay?"

Which side did the missile come from? Or did it come from a turret?

He gently pulls the Drake around in a tight (for a drake) turn, ending up pointing more or less directly at the enemies starboard side/

"Best finish this one first."

evade R2, DC 19: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33
init R3,node: 1d20 + 19 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 19 + 2 = 33

"Firing solutions for front and starboard weapons!"


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Ears diverts power to the scanners, and Atu scans the ship again (I've just revealed the full stats on the handouts)

Blasto unload on the damages ship, and it nearly falls apart. Nikko's missiles hit the undamaged ship.

Crit: 1d100 ⇒ 53

Still need action for Orpheox

=====
[Status report]
---
---
(round 2):
Engineering:
Helm: Starfinders won initiative
Gunnery:
---
(round 3):
Engineering:
Helm: Beat 17 to win initiative
---
Pilot: Lifft
Gun 1: Blasto
Gun 2: Nikko
MagO: Atu (scry)
Engi: Orpheox
Sci: Ears
---
Damage report: No damage
---
Enemy report:
Bogey 1: P,A down; 63 Damage; Power core M; Weapons M; Life S G;
Bogey 2: F Down; 8 Damage
---
Atu
Lifft
Orpheox
Nikko
Blasto
Ears
====

Acquisitives

Soldier-7: SP 57/70; HP 54/54; RP 8/8; mk 1 healing serum 2/2; reroll(@+2) 1/1 Shirren EAC 19; KAC 19; F+7;R +7; W +7; Per +3;

"doesn't look like there is a lot we can do about the torpedo, but I can try to stay out of the front of them."

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

"Does that mean you want more speed?"

Acquisitives

Agender Pahtra CG Precog 7 | SP49/49 HP 39/39 | RP 9/9 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +4; Ref +11; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Speed 40ft, Fly 30ft | Perception +11 (Lo-Lite/Darkvision), SM +10; Spells L1-5 L2-4, L3-3

"How about some Shield repairs?"

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

I'll get on it."

Read the post where we took shield damage, but the damage report said none. I should have asked. Next round I'll put it at the top of the queue.

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Cyberborn Vanguard [phrenic adept] 6 KAC 22, EAC 20 | Init +2 | SP 60, HP 46, RP 6 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. spells and sp-abilities, +2 enhancement vs confusion and fear, +1 morale vs. fear

Sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

"Ears, can you check our shields? We shouldn't have much difficulty with these given accurately Nikko has shot them, its like magic!" Orpheox says excitedly while directing power to weapons I had the question about damage report as Ears^. Also, yes I'm acting as science officer, not engineer.

Computers to target power core: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 22


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

The damaged ship fires off one last shots before it flee by actually punching through the wall of the drift lane.

Torpedo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 153d8 ⇒ (6, 4, 4) = 14

The other ship fires their heavy laser and a torpedo! The laser pummels at the shield, and the torpedo just barely misses

HL: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 194d8 ⇒ (7, 1, 5, 7) = 20
Torpedo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 283d8 ⇒ (3, 4, 7) = 14

Init R4: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28

1d6 ⇒ 1

Captain Jaws is on the comm again “I hope you’re ready for that Mama Rae’s spice

Blasto figures out that the last drifter ship is about to fire. Enginering can take an extra action

Enemy ship moved, everybody is up!

=====
[Status report]
---
(round 3):
Engineering:
Helm: Starfinders win initiative
Gunnery
---
(round4)---
Engineering:
Helm: Beat 28 to win initiative
---
Pilot: Lifft
Gun 1: Blasto
Gun 2: Nikko
MagO: Atu (scry)
Engi: Orpheox
Sci: Ears
---
Damage report: S down to 5
---
Enemy report:
Bogey 1: P,A down; 63 Damage; Power core M; Weapons M; Life S G;
Bogey 2: F Down; 8 Damage
---
Atu
Lifft
Orpheox
Nikko
Blasto
Ears

====

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

? Early Stage Barathu Mercenary Operative 7 (SP 56/56) (HP 48/48) (EAC 22, KAC 20) (Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +9) (Init +13) (Perception +19)

This one notes that even vermin know to flee when they are outmatched...

Blasto fires the particle beam again, at whatever target presents itself...

Particle Beam: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19, for 8d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 5, 5, 2, 3, 3, 5) = 31 damage.

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Soldier-7: SP 57/70; HP 54/54; RP 8/8; mk 1 healing serum 2/2; reroll(@+2) 1/1 Shirren EAC 19; KAC 19; F+7;R +7; W +7; Per +3;

Liftt continues the tight, but elegant turn to bring the Drake out of the firing arc of the front of the remaining enemy ship. The G's start to build though and everyone feels pushed against their safety harnesses.

evade DC19: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34

"Firing solutions ahead"

init R4: 1d20 + 19 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 19 + 2 = 23

"Ut oh......" Words you never want to hear from your pilot as the drakes speed gets the better of Liftt and it starts to move as if to ram the enemy ship.

I'll have to try a flyby next turn. Not moved for R4 yet.

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

The extra engineering action:

"I'm on it! I'm on it!" Ears jumps up and down on his chair and lunges across the console to reach buttons on the far edge.

Engineering, divert power to shields (19): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

5% of PCU to shields = 10. I'll throw it all to the forward shield.

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Cyberborn Vanguard [phrenic adept] 6 KAC 22, EAC 20 | Init +2 | SP 60, HP 46, RP 6 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. spells and sp-abilities, +2 enhancement vs confusion and fear, +1 morale vs. fear

"Soon your piece of junk will be blasted into smaller pieces of junk! You'd be wise of speed away while you can!" Orpheox sends a menacing broadcast to enemy vessel

Taunt: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Operative (Magical Assassin) 6 |SP 42/42|HP 39/39|RP 9/9|EAC 19; KAC 19|Fort +5; Ref +11; Will +9|Init +8|Perc +15, SM: +15 |Speed 40ft|Active conditions: None.

Content to let Nikko still hand the topedoes, Atu slides over into the firing systems and aims the fore coilgun at their target.

DM Kludde wrote:
The damaged ship fires off one last shots before it flee by actually punching through the wall of the drift lane.

So is the first ship gone/fled/off the map and out of combat? Still seeing both enemy craft on the map

Believe this would fire at the starboard side of the remaining/less damage (so far!) ship

Gunnery: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 for Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 4, 4, 2) = 11


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

(Round 3)

Lifft swings around as Ears attempts to get some power back to the shields.

Blasto's particle beam eats through the drift pirate's starboard shield, leaving the flank wide open for Atu's guns. Orpheox uses the momentum to rattle the enemy crew.

Crit: 2d100 ⇒ (98, 33) = 131

Nikko is up!

=====
[Status report]
---
(round 3):
Engineering:
Helm: Starfinders win initiative
Gunnery
---
(round4)---
Engineering:
Helm: Beat 28 to win initiative
---
Pilot: Lifft
Gun 1: Blasto
Gun 2: Nikko
MagO: Atu (scry)
Engi: Orpheox
Sci: Ears
---
Damage report: S down to 5
---
Enemy report:
Bogey 1: P,A down; 63 Damage; Power core M; Weapons M; Life S G;
Bogey 2: F Down; 35 Damage; Power Core G; Weapons G
---
Atu
Lifft
Orpheox
Nikko
Blasto
Ears
====

Acquisitives

Agender Pahtra CG Precog 7 | SP49/49 HP 39/39 | RP 9/9 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +4; Ref +11; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Speed 40ft, Fly 30ft | Perception +11 (Lo-Lite/Darkvision), SM +10; Spells L1-5 L2-4, L3-3

Nikko plots a solution to take advantage of the downed shield.

"Fast mover, on the plot."

Plasma Torpedo, Computer assisted: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 = 21
damage: 5d10 ⇒ (2, 8, 1, 5, 5) = 21
in case there's another crit threshold: 1d100 ⇒ 8


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Nikko launches a plasma torpedo, which nearly takes out the last pirate ship. Severely damaged, the ship kick in the afterburner and blasts out of the drift lane!

Combat over!

Hey, dinner's on me! the starship's captain shouts as he manages to subdue his own assailants. That was a good show of teamwork, there. Why don't you head over here, so we can meet personally? The captain turns on docking lights, inviting the crew to dock the Thunderbolt and board the Yonder.

The docking clamp attaches, and the group is free to enter the Yonder. Greeting the starfinders is captain Tosin Jaws (See handouts).

“Do you feel the power of the Yonder all around you, my friends?” Captain Jaws asks. He has an improvised bandage around his arm and winces slightly as he moves, but says nothing about it. “This ship is conrasu wood, from a grove not far from where I was born. A piece of home I take with me wherever I go. But what brings you to my home among the stars? It’s not often that I see anyone in Jatembe’s Jaunt other than Drifter vultures and their Angelfang captain, and I’d hate to think you have fallen in with that lot” He pats the sidearm on his belt, wincing again in the process.

Diplomacy to convince the captain, life science to speak knowledgeably about conrasu wood. You can also offer healing to the captain.

Acquisitives

Soldier-7: SP 57/70; HP 54/54; RP 8/8; mk 1 healing serum 2/2; reroll(@+2) 1/1 Shirren EAC 19; KAC 19; F+7;R +7; W +7; Per +3;

"Oh.. oh my.." says Liftt as he eyes up the wounded captain.

"First, lets see if we can do something about that arm of yours."

Liftt carefully bandages the wounded arm.. more or less correctly.
medicine: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 Happy to assist rather than lead if someone has a better bonus

While he is being bandaged, Jancrast does her best to convince the captain the Starfinders are not pirates.

"We just saved you from them... after all." she points out diplomaticlaly.

"We are here to research the new drift lanes... which it looks like both you and the pirates have discovered already."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14Happy to assist rather than lead if someone has a better bonus

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Cyberborn Vanguard [phrenic adept] 6 KAC 22, EAC 20 | Init +2 | SP 60, HP 46, RP 6 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. spells and sp-abilities, +2 enhancement vs confusion and fear, +1 morale vs. fear

"Captain, may I ask whether your arm was hurt while fighting with those pirates?" after inquiring of the injury, Orpheox also tries to sound well-informed regarding conrasu wood.

Life science: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Operative (Magical Assassin) 6 |SP 42/42|HP 39/39|RP 9/9|EAC 19; KAC 19|Fort +5; Ref +11; Will +9|Init +8|Perc +15, SM: +15 |Speed 40ft|Active conditions: None.

I think you are our silver-tongued diplomat Lfft :)

So this is not merely a wooden frame? The whole craft is organic? Atu says in awed surprise at the captain's comments about the conrasu.

Life Science: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Ah, that however can wait for later. Yes, the end of this lane recently appeared near our organziation's home system. We are hoping to explore it to understand it better, and where it leads. We are Starfinders - have you heard of us before? An exploratory guild that travels the galaxy seeking to uncover and share the unknown.

Atu also has a serum of healing they will gladly offer Captain Jaws. Do any other crew look hurt as well?

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

Life Science: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

" Ohh!? Is that really conrasu wood? I've read its composite structure is quite remarkable. Across the galaxy few woods are sufficiently isotropic in strength to be used efficiently in ship hulls."


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

----
Conrasu wood
Special organic building material made of wood grown in magical nurtured by music. Over two orders of magnitude higher tensile strength and load-bearing capacity than regular wood.
----Pact world encyclopedia

Good the captain says and jokingly adds, that saves me a trip to the airlock, follows up with a laugh but then whinces in pain again, looking at Lifft ... ah yes, if you could help me here.I'm sorry if I seem untrustful, but getting shot at by pirates does that to you.

Ah, you know Conrasu wood! This ship is a beauty, isn't she? Best woodcraft in the Nebula Union! Imagine shooting at it... tsk tsk

Well, you're new here, so let me give you the quick guide's overview. The Drift Lane as you call it: out here we call it Jatembe's Jaunt, and it leads to the Nebula Union. I'd use that name for the drift lane, or nobody will know what you're going on about, he adds with a wink.

The Nebula Union is a system-wide, multi-planetary alliance that has endured since the Gap. It contains four participating planets. Jatembe's Jaunt leads to Xibion, one of these worlds, which happens to be my home world.

There's quite a bit of debate in the Nebula Union about what to do with Jatembe's Jaunt. I suppose you would want to meet with the Union officials. You should use the passphrase "From many, one,", so the know you can be trusted.

Oh, and Mama Rae's he says, providing the coordinates to a restaurant on an as-of-yet unmapped planet is here in Uzodia, on the planet Xikion. I have to continue my mission to the other end, but do visit there. Just tell them Tosin Jaws sent you.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Operative (Magical Assassin) 6 |SP 42/42|HP 39/39|RP 9/9|EAC 19; KAC 19|Fort +5; Ref +11; Will +9|Init +8|Perc +15, SM: +15 |Speed 40ft|Active conditions: None.

From many, one Atu repeats. It is a wonderful creed. We embody it as you can tell, both literally the colony allows their form to waver a bit as components frenzy a bit away from the central mass and as part of Hylax’s teachings.

The spathinae inquires. What sort of peoples compose the Union? We will admit we have not heard of your system I don’t think? Culture? but the Galaxy is large and constantly connecting new friends.

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

"Yeah, that conrasu wood is some stuff. " Ears gives Tosin a thumbs up.

"One Nebula Union, from Xibion, Uzodia, and two other planets. What are they called?"

"Thanks, for the tip on Mama Rae's. This won't be as good but, when you get to the end, you're going to pop out into space near the Drift Lab. It's run by three kids, Ferra, Hyyxzen, and Vaalaris. They're a little loud, but you gotta love the enthusiasm. It'd be a great joke if you pretended to know them."


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

The Nebula union consists of Xibion, whose capital is the city of Uzodia, as well as Ptolemy, Treolisk and Astrolabe I. Just go meet with the Union officials, they'll tell you more!

Ferra, Hyyxgen and Valaaris. You know what, I'll pay them a visit when I get around there. Any good restaurants in your system?

---

The remainder of the journey through what the group learned is Jatembe’s Jaunt is uneventful, with no sighting of the Drifters or any other starships.

Stars fill the sky again as the ship emerges from the Drift lane in front of a large blue and green planet surrounded by starships of all shapes and sizes. In response to this new arrival, four of the orbiting vessels immediately leave their current positions, surrounding the ship in a diamond formation. A hail cuts through the silence, “Identify yourself, friend!”

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

? Early Stage Barathu Mercenary Operative 7 (SP 56/56) (HP 48/48) (EAC 22, KAC 20) (Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +9) (Init +13) (Perception +19)

Blasto's initial response is quite simple:

"From Many, One."

He then elaborates.

"This one notes that we encountered Tosin Jaws, and helped him in a battle with space pirates. Afterwards, we were chatting, and some of my colleagues knew a bit about conrasu wood, which put him in a really good mood; he even gave us some restaurant recommendations!"

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Cyberborn Vanguard [phrenic adept] 6 KAC 22, EAC 20 | Init +2 | SP 60, HP 46, RP 6 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. spells and sp-abilities, +2 enhancement vs confusion and fear, +1 morale vs. fear

"We haven't heard of Nebula Union before. Drift lanes seem connect previously unexplored territories with remarkable efficiency. Thanks for the passphrase."


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

When Blasto utters the passphrase, the speaker on the other side of the comms immediately reacts Our apologies for the inconvenience. You are most welcome on the Banyan as our honored guests. After a brief scan, there's a message Please proceed to the Banyan for docking.

The four vessels escorts the Starfinders to a large ship, seemingly also made out of Conrasu wood.

After boarding, the party is greeted by a female gnoll “Hi! Hello. Or should I say greetings, strangers! I’m Windleaf Leopard and this is the Banyan, the Nebula Union’s flagship orbital home-away-from-home. Consider yourself officially welcomed!”

She chuckles nervously Ah, being a greeter is so much better than being a clerk at the Memory. The Memory is the Xibian database on genealogy and history. History constantly changes! she complains there's new things happening every day, so we had to update the database every day. This job is much better. she chatters as she guides the group down the hall.

You see this, she says as she taps on the bulkhead Conrasu wood! The whole ship is contructed out of it. Clearly a lot of work went into the construction, with carvings along the line of the corridor and the occasional inlaid tiny gears or glowing lights that make them seem to come alive.

Oh, I really hope I don't mess this up, she chatters to herself, If I do, I'm sure my next job will either be slogging through massive eracha ant tunnels or endlessly reshelving books at one of Uzodia’s many libraries. Are you comfortable? Not moving too fast?

This ship is marvellous, isn't it? It's the first ship built by the Nebula Union, and all four worlds contributed to it!

I'm from Xibion. Do you know about the Magaambya school, where our scholars research Lost Golarion? Xibion contributed conrasu wood from their groves and the help of students and teachers from their many schools to help design the ship.

Treolisk, a planet of mostly water populated by aquatic uulians, contributed pillars of water with bioluminescent properties that help to light the ship.

The baraggahs of the desert planet Ptomeray used their talents with sandstone carving to design the carvings on the ship, and the living clockwork elorains of the worldship Astrolabe I (that's pronounced one) installed much of the ship’s magical and hybrid systems.

This ship is a big symbol to remind everyone that they do better things when they work together instead of fighting. That's why the councilors are meeting here instead of on Astrolabe.

As Windleaf talks and talks, it's quite clear that you are passing by the docking gate again. I just wanted to show you some of the views of Xibion. You can see them from space. There's the towers of capital city Uzodia in Enkuro’s Gorge, over there, you see the many crisscrossing Toko-Zeba bridges, and out there there's the shipbuilding facilities at Starheart Station.

She becomes increasingly flustered as she point out the landmarks.

DC 20 Sense Motive:

She's completely lost the way...

Not long after, a three-armed baraggah with brown and white striped fur in a long robe and matching cap, approaches Windleaf. Why haven't you brought the group to the council yet? You're late, and the council is waiting.

Ah, Lasiel, good to see you Windleaf responds, well, the thing is, our guests requested an in-depth tour of the ship before heading to Unity Hall

Lasiel looks at the group, as if expecting some form of confirmation.

You can roll a bluff check if you want to roll along with Windleaf's lie

Acquisitives

Agender Pahtra CG Precog 7 | SP49/49 HP 39/39 | RP 9/9 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +4; Ref +11; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Speed 40ft, Fly 30ft | Perception +11 (Lo-Lite/Darkvision), SM +10; Spells L1-5 L2-4, L3-3

Nikko makes note of the repeated sights & wonders why are we taking the long route?

SM: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Bluff to play along: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

"Yep - new places, new sights." nods Nikko.

Acquisitives

Soldier-7: SP 57/70; HP 54/54; RP 8/8; mk 1 healing serum 2/2; reroll(@+2) 1/1 Shirren EAC 19; KAC 19; F+7;R +7; W +7; Per +3;

SM: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

<<She has got lost...>> indicates Liftt, silently, to the rest of the team.

<<If we play along with her ruse, we may win a friend.>> adds in Jancrast.

bluff: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
"Lasiel?" asks Jancrast. "Windleaf was giving us a lovely tour of the ship and pointing out lots of interesting features and views of Xiobion. We didn't mean to give offence by being tardy, please forgive us."

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Operative (Magical Assassin) 6 |SP 42/42|HP 39/39|RP 9/9|EAC 19; KAC 19|Fort +5; Ref +11; Will +9|Init +8|Perc +15, SM: +15 |Speed 40ft|Active conditions: None.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19 oof, and they're normally good at that too. oh well.

Atu accepts Windleaf's welcome warmly, and offers their own (and Hylax's) thanks as well. They take in the Banyan as they are guided around it. This sense of unity is admirable. Our own system has something similar: the Pact Worlds which have unifed twelve worlds since the Gap. It is also a spirit the Forever Queen holds dear. Have Hylax's teachings made their way to your Union?

Baraggahs, uulians, elorains: has Atu possible heard of any of those species?

They will also stay respectful but silent to the newcomer: they are deeply mediocre at deception

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

Ears follows along with the party. And tries to take it all in. When they return to the docking gate, Ears mutters, "I guess we're just running laps."

Life science about species Atu mentioned: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Well Lasiel says, I see you are taking good care of our guests. Beyond the call of duty and all that... we can't keep the council is waiting, though. If you can please wrap up now, and escort our guests to unity hall, yes?

Lasiel moves away, leaving Windleaf with a semblance of job security, but the gnoll doesn't look too comfortable. Oh, she says, I better just admit it... I don't know where Unity Hall is from here. She looks around when she spots a terminal Ah! I'm sure I can get info there!

She dashes off to the terminal, types in some stuff, and quickly showcases that she is able to get as much information out of this terminal as a physicist can get out of a black hole, which is to say: none at all.

Well, looks like you're going to have to help her.

Each of you can attempt one of the following skill checks (for themselves) to help Windleaf get her bearings and find the Unity Hall:
- a DC 16 Culture check to interpret the directions hidden in the wall carvings,
- a DC 20 Computers check to hack into the terminal and download schematics of the Banyan,
- a DC 24 Engineering check to intuit the layout of the starship based upon structural clues,
- a DC 17 Mysticism check to tap into the starship’s magical essence and determine which direction it flows,
- or a DC 16 Survival check to just figure something out.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

? Early Stage Barathu Mercenary Operative 7 (SP 56/56) (HP 48/48) (EAC 22, KAC 20) (Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +9) (Init +13) (Perception +19)

Culture: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31.

"Worry not my fine furry friend! There are directions hidden in the wall carvings. Here, let me show you."

Blasto then floats over, and uses various tentacles to point out the subtle markings, and what they hint.

"By the way, whilst I don't have any myself, I can tell that you take good care of your fur; is their a special hair that you use?"

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Cyberborn Vanguard [phrenic adept] 6 KAC 22, EAC 20 | Init +2 | SP 60, HP 46, RP 6 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. spells and sp-abilities, +2 enhancement vs confusion and fear, +1 morale vs. fear

Sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

<I wonder how this will end, but yeah its the discreet option to play along with her.> Orpheox answers silently to Liftt and ignores Lasiel's question

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Operative (Magical Assassin) 6 |SP 42/42|HP 39/39|RP 9/9|EAC 19; KAC 19|Fort +5; Ref +11; Will +9|Init +8|Perc +15, SM: +15 |Speed 40ft|Active conditions: None.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36
Ha! Of course the great dice come out on a roll a nat 1 would still have succeeded at :p

If this ship is a blend of life, technology, and magic, then perhaps a 'Unity Hall' would be likely found here? Atu points to a place on the map, trying to not seem show-offy

Acquisitives

Soldier-7: SP 57/70; HP 54/54; RP 8/8; mk 1 healing serum 2/2; reroll(@+2) 1/1 Shirren EAC 19; KAC 19; F+7;R +7; W +7; Per +3;

Liftt looks around the station and stops in front of a tourist "You are here" map.

survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

"Look, the hall of Unit is just over that way a few corridors..."

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

Ears joins Wondleaf at the terminal. "See kid, it's a object adjective data base. You've got to put your search terms in backwards. Hall comma Unity."

Computers: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

or not

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Cyberborn Vanguard [phrenic adept] 6 KAC 22, EAC 20 | Init +2 | SP 60, HP 46, RP 6 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. spells and sp-abilities, +2 enhancement vs confusion and fear, +1 morale vs. fear
DM Kludde wrote:


Well, looks like you're going to have to help her.

Each of you can attempt one of the following skill checks (for themselves) to help Windleaf get her bearings and find the Unity Hall:
- a DC 16 Culture check to interpret the directions hidden in the wall carvings,
- a DC 20 Computers check to hack into the terminal and download schematics of the Banyan,
- a DC 24 Engineering check to intuit the layout of the starship based upon structural clues,
- a DC 17 Mysticism check to tap into the starship’s magical essence and determine which direction it flows,
- or a DC 16 Survival check to just figure something out.

Didn't see this earlier

Orpheox's fingers swiftly dance on the terminal keyboard as if he was playing an instrument. "Lets try 'Banyan' and see what is found."

Computers: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Who knew a ship like this could be so hard to navigate? It's a good thing that Starfinders are so versatile, be it deciphering symbols, hacking terminal or just finding the logical way to go from the flow of magical energies: all solution point to the same direction, and the group manages to make it to the grand hall without too much of a delay. Much to the relief of Windleaf.

Speaking of Windleaf: she is still with the group, following now more than guiding. As Unity Hall comes closer, raised voices are audible from inside. They're the councilors Windleaf explains.

Zallia Heron is a dwarven female, and the representative of Xibion. She can be a bit arrogant. RKY7 (not to be confused with RKT-7) is a male elorain, who prepresents the citizens of Astrolabe I. He has a very greedy mindset.

Treolisk is represented by a nonbinary uulian called Sirrellim, who is very fearful. Tkerik, a nonbinary baraggah soldier, represents Ptolemy and can be very agressive.

I've heard this kind of argument many times before, and these four are unlikely to agree... she says as she opens the doors and ushers the group in. The murmuring sounds inside unity hall become clearly audible arguments as the starfinders enter.

“The mere fact that Jatembe’s Jaunt exists proves my point!” shouts a middle-aged dwarf of medium-brown complexion. “The universe has brought us the ability to share our message of peace, if only you lot would stop arguing long enough to do it.”

A slender creature, sprouting large pieces of blue and green kelp from its back, swims in a frantic circle within a towering pillar of water, causing words to echo from within. “All the universe has truly brought us is trouble, Zallia. Already these Drifter pirates have attacked the few ships using it, bloodying our tranquil waters. And they may yet try to change our way of life. We must focus on protecting ourselves, not lecturing the galaxy.”

“Your courage is inspiring, Sirrellim,” responds a furry, mammalian creature, their words dripping with sarcasm as they raise themselves up on their back legs and gesticulate with all three of their arms, “But you miss the opportunity the Drifters present. Treat them as partners instead of a threat and our might only increases. Once we’re ready for them, of course."

A large clockwork construct shakes his head, gears within spinning wildly, then speaks. “As you would also wait to move through Jatembe’s Jaunt in your quest to build your star army, Tkerik, I am not sure how much more courageous you are than Sirrellim. Like Zallia, I see no reason to attempt to block off Jatembe’s Jaunt, though as you know, I care more for magic and commerce than conversation. But we are no longer alone—perhaps these visitors have a better understanding of what Jatembe’s Jaunt may hold for us and put an end to this stalemate.”

All eyes now seem to be turned to the group...

Acquisitives

Soldier-7: SP 57/70; HP 54/54; RP 8/8; mk 1 healing serum 2/2; reroll(@+2) 1/1 Shirren EAC 19; KAC 19; F+7;R +7; W +7; Per +3;

Liftt stammers a little but remains quiet. With a slightly exasperated sigh, and a We'll talk about this later. look on her face, Jancrast steps forward.

"Representatives of the Four who are One." she starts.
"I have heard it said that from many comes one. And here I see four who perhaps struggle with that ideal."

She pauses for a moment to let her admonishment take hold.
"Yet it is an example that our own society holds close. Look at us, we are many by represent a single society. Which comes from another part of the galaxy where we face similar struggles to your own. Our society is the Startfinder society, and we are based in the Pact Worlds... a group of worlds who have bound themselves - from many - into one. "

She pauses again.
"We are one, but still individuals. And perhaps that is an important lesson. My people learned that not too long ago. There is a place for one amongst many who are still one united whole."

With a shrug she adds "The changes to the drift are here. Pirates already plague the drift lane you refer to as Jatembe’s Jaunt. What you do about them will show the rest of the galaxy whether you wish to become part of the greater One."

<<I think we want to learn some more here. They know something about missing Golarian! That is vital information.>>


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

The council nods as Lifft speaks, and his words are well-received, though not with universal approval. Sirrellim seems to perk up with anxiety when Drift Pirates are mentioned, but it is Tkerik who speaks first: The Union is destined to be the dominant power in the universe the baraggah states we are self-reliant.

The strength of the Nebula Union is undeniable, councelor Zallia Heron of Xibion adds, and we see further strength in collaboration through new diplomatic bonds. I see an offer of help, and an opportunity to strengthen our Union. Tell us of your experiences within Jatembe's Jaunt?

Yes, Sirrellim asks What of the dangers in the lane? Did you have to sail your ship past those despicable pirates? I hear their ships are made from the bones of those they’ve killed in the Drift.”

You can try to impress Sirellim with stories about the battle with drifters. Some bluffing and intimidating woudl help, as would playing up the skills of the drifters with any plausible skill check

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Operative (Magical Assassin) 6 |SP 42/42|HP 39/39|RP 9/9|EAC 19; KAC 19|Fort +5; Ref +11; Will +9|Init +8|Perc +15, SM: +15 |Speed 40ft|Active conditions: None.

Atu is grateful their colony's collected form lack easily distinguishable facial expressions - Tkerik's comments about this Union seeking to be a 'dominant power' give them pause. Holding their mandibles for now the spathinae turns to the aquatic counselor a 'uulian' I think? and answers.

Yes, councilor. In our journey we found the lane itself stable and safe. But we did encounter a pair of pirates en route, in the process in fact of attacking a Union ship: the Yonder.

Piracy is sadly a plague across the galaxy, not something limited to the Jaunt. But we can allay your fears that these thieves are not as formidable as you may fear. their ships' construction were haphazard, far more patchwork and unstable than the banyan craft we have seen of your Union. This made their ships swift, but fragile.

Atu will give an account of the fight focusing on their assesment of the Drifter scythes' combat abilities and specs. While they aren't dismissing the priates out of hand, they try to point out how the Thunderbolt was able to handle them easily - and how similar tactics could be shared and used by Union craft. They will also add that the Yonder likely took its own readings and could confirm the account when they return back to this system.

Piloting: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

? Early Stage Barathu Mercenary Operative 7 (SP 56/56) (HP 48/48) (EAC 22, KAC 20) (Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +9) (Init +13) (Perception +19)

"This one notes that Atu is correct; pirates infest the space lanes of the universe, like flies attracted to a Rafflesia arnoldii. They are a hazard that all honest merchants and intrepid travelers must be prepared for. However, if one pays careful attention to their surroundings, and comes prepared, they are about as concerning as flies. Moreover, they make for good target practice!"

Profession(Mercenary): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30.


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Sirellim is indeed an uulian

The drifters are a danger that we must protect ourselves against Sirrelim reacts with a degree of awe for the prowess of the starfinders, and it sounds like you have just the skills to do that

Zallia chimes in I'm sure the Drifters are only a threat because they’re out there on their own and have not yet been embraced and made part of a community. It would be selfish of the Nebula Union not to share our teachings about bringing different species and interests together.

She spreads her arms in a dramatic gesture and orates Despite this petty bickering, we would never turn arms on each other. Don’t you think the rest of the galaxy could use a bit more of that spirit of cooperation?”

It's Zallia's turn to be impressed by the starfinders. Culture or diplomacy for examples of unity and coorperation, or any suitable skill check that you can combine with a good story

Tracking:

[X][_] Sirellim
[_][_] Zallia
[_][_] RKY7
[_][_] Tkerik

Acquisitives

Soldier-7: SP 57/70; HP 54/54; RP 8/8; mk 1 healing serum 2/2; reroll(@+2) 1/1 Shirren EAC 19; KAC 19; F+7;R +7; W +7; Per +3;

Jancrast turns her attention to Zallia. "In the Pact worlds we have people from many races. In the past some of us have even battled with each other. But be have learned through great costs that together we are much stronger than any one of our races are individually."

diplomacy: 1d30 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

51 to 100 of 211 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS] 6-02 Drift Crisis All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.