[PF2] Menace Under Otari (GM Watery Soup, Table 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Watery Soup

Slides
Hero Points: Fibek 2, Kenoryth 2, Khaldan 3, Qidan 0, Taong 2


1 to 50 of 381 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-20 | | Icons: ◆◇↺

The small seaside town of Otari is known for its fresh fish and skilled sailors, but above all, it’s a big logging town, providing valuable wood to the nearby metropolis of Absalom. But for you, Otari is home. You grew up playing on the docks, getting lost in the nearby woods, and hearing the fantastical stories of travelers from faraway lands, tales of terrifying dragons and virtuous knights. Such adventure always seemed so distant—until today!

Vigilant Seal

Elf HP 22/22 | AC17 | F +6 R +7 W +7| Trained Perc +5| Hero 2

An elf from a tight woodland community, Fibek has taken his longbow and his spell book to search for adventure. His wizard school of divination prided itself in seeing the future, but Fibek didn’t know anything about his future in Otari except it so far was all about the library.

Asked by his order to meet other wizards in Otari he was told to make his school proud.


Gnome Illusionist 2 - HP 22/225, AC 15 (17 w/ Mage Armor & Shield) - Perception +5 (+6 vs. Illusions) (Low-Light Vision) - F: 5/ R: +5/ W: +7 (+8 v. illusions) - Speed: 25, Active Conditions: None; Default Exploration Activity: Cast a Spell

A robustly-colored gnome dressed in brilliantly garish hose and a contrasting puff-and-slash doublet appears in a puff of vermilion smoke.

"Hey Presto and Abracadabra! Greetings and felicitations fellow miracle-workers! It is I, Kenoryth the Mystic, Postulate of the Seventh Veil, along with my able assistant Reginald, who have come among you to work wonders!"

Grand Archive

HP 11/11, AC 16, (Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +7 | Perc +5) #25260-2003 (◇ ◈ ↺) Seer Elf Detective Abjuration Wizard 1

Although it was a blink of an eye in his tenure with the Pathfinder Society, having been sent to Otari for his study under the School of Scrolls was sadly uneventful, to say the least. The coursework seemed below his ability, and he was beginning to contemplate seeking a side hustle in the hopes of getting a field commission to prove his worth to those overlooking the society in Absalom.

So when Dailyn got word of a potential assignment, he grasped at the opportunity immediately. Dailyn had been tasked to meet with a small group of other Wizards in the local area of Otari, though the specifics were not yet clarified. A test by the school of Scrolls, Dailyn saw fit to face the task head on. Equipped with simple tunic, trousers, a leather jacket with a single white-fur pauldron on his left shoulder, and various assortment of archeological tools, scrolls, and his trusty staff, Dailyn headed his way towards the declared meeting spot, eager to see what all would happen next.


LN (Male) (Versatile) Human (Transmutation) Wizard 2 | Medicinal Clocksmith | HP 20/20 | AC 17 (19 with Hide Shield raised) | Fortitude* +4, Reflex* +5, Will** +8 | Perception* +6 | Stealth +1 | Speed 25 ft. | Focus Points 1 | Exploration Activity Defend | Active Conditions --- | ◆◇↺

Taong finds himself in Otari as he begins his journey from the city of Absalom. He is a bald man with a distinct beard that is kept well-groomed, in search of more knowledge about transmutation magic. So far, he can boost his physical power and weapon. He also managed to improve movement with magic. He has also created his own familiar that helps him with his profession in medicine. But he is looking for more and that is why he begins his adventuring career. He wants to understand more about the human body so that he can incorporate magic and clockwork into it to heal and boost itself.

Upon arrival, he meets some adventurers and introduces himself to them. "I am Taong Malakas, it is a pleasure to meet you all."

Horizon Hunters

NG male human (Keleshite) abjurer 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 (17 w/shield) |F +4 R +5 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +2 | Focus Points 0/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: mage armor, summon animal, magic weapon | speed 25 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: None

A short olive-skinned human male with black hair and a neatly-trimmed black beard approaches the gathered group of adventurers. He is dressed in a gray robe, bound with a wide belt and has a cloak over the top. His head is bound in a light blue headscarf.

He leans on his staff as he comes to a halt.
"Well met fellow pathfinders! I am Khaldan al Tephu, recently of the spells school in Absalom, at your service. I understand there is a task ahead for us all.


LN Dwarf Necromancer 1 | HP 16/19 | AC 15 | Perception +4; Darkvision | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +6 | He/Him

A dour and serious dwarf steps down the cobbled street, his staff clinking softly against the stones. It is a mere wooden stick with three bands of copper, topped with a simple knob made from the ivory of some unknown sea-beast. Some scholars, were they to examine it, would say it had some bit of magic in it, but that magic is only as much that was put there by its owner.

Gurnevan of the Harshwind Clan does not share his staff's clean aesthetic. He is haggard and tired despite his youth. His beard is matted and unkempt, and his coat has been patched so many times that little of its original self remains.

Coming to a stop in front of the group, he looks up at the assembled crowd and grumbles. "If you must be so tall, make it useful and step to the side. Keep the sun out my eyes that way."


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-20 | | Icons: ◆◇↺

As everyone mills about the local wizards' pub, the bartender approaches and asks, "None of you happen to be dhampirs, right?" When nobody says yes, he replies, "Good. I don't serve neck romancers."

After a few seconds of awkwards silence, they relay some rumors that there’s a problem down at the Otari Fishery. Some are saying that some sort of beast is lurking in the basement, feeding on the stores of salted fish. Folks are worried that whatever is eating the fish might get hungry enough to eat the fishers next!

"What say you lot go over there and, you know, just give her a heads up from the Wizard's Guild?"

Assuming you accept,

Tamily Tanderveil, the owner of the Fishery, notices the lightly-armed group approaching. "You all look like ... you're unprepared for this. But with the town guard busy protecting the loggers, I need a few brave souls to venture down into the basement of my warehouse and put an end to the beast that’s feasting on my fish! What say you?"

Vigilant Seal

Elf HP 22/22 | AC17 | F +6 R +7 W +7| Trained Perc +5| Hero 2

Fibek seems surprised about Tamily’s reception.

”Magic is all I need. We got this.”

Fibek brings in a rock he casually moves from hand to hand.


LN (Male) (Versatile) Human (Transmutation) Wizard 2 | Medicinal Clocksmith | HP 20/20 | AC 17 (19 with Hide Shield raised) | Fortitude* +4, Reflex* +5, Will** +8 | Perception* +6 | Stealth +1 | Speed 25 ft. | Focus Points 1 | Exploration Activity Defend | Active Conditions --- | ◆◇↺

"We are not what you think." Taong tells Tamily. "How much are we talking about here? Of course, my service is not free of charge. If you do not have the figure yet, it is alright, we can talk about after we defeat what is lurking beneath the basement if you feel that we are not as prepared as you think or expect."


Gnome Illusionist 2 - HP 22/225, AC 15 (17 w/ Mage Armor & Shield) - Perception +5 (+6 vs. Illusions) (Low-Light Vision) - F: 5/ R: +5/ W: +7 (+8 v. illusions) - Speed: 25, Active Conditions: None; Default Exploration Activity: Cast a Spell

"We wield the awesome power of the Art! We shall prevail through eldritch might and trickery!" pronounces Kenoryth.

Vigilant Seal

Elf HP 22/22 | AC17 | F +6 R +7 W +7| Trained Perc +5| Hero 2

Fibek smiles at the request for money.

Yes, I am quite naive, should have asked for money!!

Horizon Hunters

NG male human (Keleshite) abjurer 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 (17 w/shield) |F +4 R +5 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +2 | Focus Points 0/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: mage armor, summon animal, magic weapon | speed 25 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: None

"I wonder what his problem was?" Khaldan muses as the group walks down to the docks.

Khladan nods when Taong mentions pay. We have to negotiate our own rates - interesting.

To Tamily, "My dear lady, despite appearances, we are well able to eradicate your fish thief!"


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-20 | | Icons: ◆◇↺

Tamily hmms and haws. "I'm not a rich woman. I mean, I run a fishery. But I could offer you 8 gold pieces each, if you were to clear out whatever is down there."

Horizon Hunters

NG male human (Keleshite) abjurer 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 (17 w/shield) |F +4 R +5 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +2 | Focus Points 0/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: mage armor, summon animal, magic weapon | speed 25 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: None

"Have you seen this fish thief? What does it look like?" asks Khaldan


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-20 | | Icons: ◆◇↺

"I haven't seen it. I just know someone's been stealing my fish!"

Grand Archive

HP 11/11, AC 16, (Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +7 | Perc +5) #25260-2003 (◇ ◈ ↺) Seer Elf Detective Abjuration Wizard 1

Dailyn regards the party with a bit of stoic excitement. He picks up on the puns, fighting back and failing to hide a smirk upon his elven face. "Very well, I'm excited to work with the others on this task. Let's get out and see what these fish thieves are up to."

((Time Skip))

Dailyn looks perplexed at Tamily Tanderveil, "Was this request not urgent? We would like to help, given that we are compensated for the risk, certainly. You have before you a collection of the most prestigious minds of Otari!" Dailyn pressed, doing his best to boost the ego of his allies while impressing upon the woman the error in her hubris.

Deception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 ((Lying, Ignore if not necessary))

Despite him making strong attempts to amp up their status, his current book-seasoned attire likely didn't do much to feed into Dailyn's grand tale of his fellows.

"Besides," he added, "I also act on behalf of the Pathfinder Society, assuming we find more than just fish thieves here we also can provide additional resources to help recover any losses. I would say that is quite advantageous, wouldn't you?"

Vigilant Seal

Elf HP 22/22 | AC17 | F +6 R +7 W +7| Trained Perc +5| Hero 2

Fibek steeples his hands around his rock and nods. He sweeps his arms and says "You will be famous for starting the Wizard Five on their adventuring career. People will come to buy fish from miles around to see where we got our start. And, yes, we are not above payment for services rendered when you consider this boost to business."


Gnome Illusionist 2 - HP 22/225, AC 15 (17 w/ Mage Armor & Shield) - Perception +5 (+6 vs. Illusions) (Low-Light Vision) - F: 5/ R: +5/ W: +7 (+8 v. illusions) - Speed: 25, Active Conditions: None; Default Exploration Activity: Cast a Spell

"Right! So, uh, where is this monster? I say we get cracking!"


LN (Male) (Versatile) Human (Transmutation) Wizard 2 | Medicinal Clocksmith | HP 20/20 | AC 17 (19 with Hide Shield raised) | Fortitude* +4, Reflex* +5, Will** +8 | Perception* +6 | Stealth +1 | Speed 25 ft. | Focus Points 1 | Exploration Activity Defend | Active Conditions --- | ◆◇↺

"Yes, let's get into the cause of the matter. I am ready anyway. Let us show Tamily how wizards can deal with such a nuisance. Let us end this now." Taong bravely tells them.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-20 | | Icons: ◆◇↺

The stairs leading into the basement of the Otari Fishery creak with age as the group makes its way downstairs to find the beast that has been eating all the fish. In the center of the room, between stone pillars holding up the fishery overhead, are barrels filled with salted fish. Two of these barrels have been smashed open, spilling their contents on the floor. In the east wall is a large hole, opening into darkness.

Tamily Tanderveil was thrilled when you agreed to help her with this simple task, but as you make your way downstairs, you can’t help but wonder if this might be a lot more adventure than you bargained for.

Tactical map is on Slide 3, overview is on Slide 4. Note that north is to the right. Let me know what your character is doing, and place your icon in an appropriate square.

Vigilant Seal

Elf HP 22/22 | AC17 | F +6 R +7 W +7| Trained Perc +5| Hero 2

Fibek continues his stealthy move into the room
might be hidden +6 roll

Horizon Hunters

NG male human (Keleshite) abjurer 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 (17 w/shield) |F +4 R +5 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +2 | Focus Points 0/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: mage armor, summon animal, magic weapon | speed 25 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: None

Khaldan will follow the group down the stairs, keeping a close eye on the basement for any movement.

Under his breath he will quietly comment "Well, I guess it isn't rats then!"


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-20 | | Icons: ◆◇↺

Fibek, I'll roll Stealth for initiative for you if we go into combat. Khaldan, I'll say you're searching, so Perception.

Horizon Hunters

NG male human (Keleshite) abjurer 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 (17 w/shield) |F +4 R +5 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +2 | Focus Points 0/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: mage armor, summon animal, magic weapon | speed 25 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: None

Perception (Khaldan): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Gnome Illusionist 2 - HP 22/225, AC 15 (17 w/ Mage Armor & Shield) - Perception +5 (+6 vs. Illusions) (Low-Light Vision) - F: 5/ R: +5/ W: +7 (+8 v. illusions) - Speed: 25, Active Conditions: None; Default Exploration Activity: Cast a Spell

Kenoryth advances carefully, allowing bigger wizards to go first.

He has Mage Armor cast and is casting Shield continuously as he moves.

Grand Archive

HP 11/11, AC 16, (Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +7 | Perc +5) #25260-2003 (◇ ◈ ↺) Seer Elf Detective Abjuration Wizard 1

Dailyn takes note of dark hole off in the distance and summons a set of mage armor ◈◈ with a draconic verbal declaration before ending with a tap and wave of his magical staff. He then turns to the others and takes a quick inventory of what they are armed with.

"Be prepared for anything, this isn't some simple theft. Looks like someone's been digging around." Dailyn then hunkers down and attempts to stealth his way eastward ◈, hoping to use the pillar for cover while he peers on either side.


LN (Male) (Versatile) Human (Transmutation) Wizard 2 | Medicinal Clocksmith | HP 20/20 | AC 17 (19 with Hide Shield raised) | Fortitude* +4, Reflex* +5, Will** +8 | Perception* +6 | Stealth +1 | Speed 25 ft. | Focus Points 1 | Exploration Activity Defend | Active Conditions --- | ◆◇↺

Taong keeps raising his Shield as they enter the basement. He gets past the others and s he does so, he keeps an eye out for any unusual movement of the fish-stealer. "I can smell something fishy in this place, I know." he muses. "Maybe we can check that entry there. It looks like our fish-stealer dug into that to get through here."


LN Dwarf Necromancer 1 | HP 16/19 | AC 15 | Perception +4; Darkvision | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +6 | He/Him

"A tunnel that size? Hmph. Must have been made by something worthwhile, then."

He steps forward, observing the entrance to the tunnel.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-20 | | Icons: ◆◇↺

Gurnevan looks down the corridor and see several giant rats charging at him ...

GM Screen:
Search (Dailyn): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 = 26
Scout (Khaldan): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 11
Defend (Taong): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8
Stealth (Fibek): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8
Scout (Kenoryth): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6
Investigate (Gurneven): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12
Initiative (Rats): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

... but he barely gets a word off before they're in the room. Dailyn is the only one who's calm enough to react before they swarm the room!

--Round 1
Dailyn
Red Rat
Yellow Rat
Green Rat
Cyan Rat
Blue Rat
Magenta Rat
Khaldan
Taong
Fibek
Kenoryth

Grand Archive

HP 11/11, AC 16, (Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +7 | Perc +5) #25260-2003 (◇ ◈ ↺) Seer Elf Detective Abjuration Wizard 1

Dailyn takes note of the rushing rats. "Of course it is rats in a basement... the audacity of it all!"

Frustrated, he strides closer up behind two of the forward facing allies ◈ and weaves a sigil of protection that quickly manifests over them all. ((Protective Ward ◈, -1 focus point)). He finishes up with a word of protection for himself ((Shield Cantrip ◈)), creating a magical shield to help protect those behind him.

====== OOC ======

Dailyn <11/11 HP> (AC 18)
> PFS Hero Point: ⬤/GM Fiat
> Focus Point: ◯/Short Rest
> Drain Bonded Item ◇: ⬤/Day
> Currently Sustaining Protective Ward, currently 5ft radius, will grow by 5ft radius each round until stopped or until 1 minute has passed.
> +1 AC Status Bonus to Taong, Gurnevan, and Dailyn himself. Shield spell grants an additional +1 AC circumastance bonus. Dailyn's new AC is now temporarily AC 18.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-20 | | Icons: ◆◇↺

Dailyn, note the ward doesn't grow by itself - you'll need to Sustain it every round.

The rats swarm the intruders!

Red strides forward and bites at Gurnevan twice.

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Bite, agile: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 4 = 12
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Yellow strides forward and bites at Dailyn twice.

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Bite, agile: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 4 = 19
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Let me know if you want to Shield Block either of those hits, and I'll retcon your HP.

Green strides forward and bites at Gurnevan twice.

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Bite, agile: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 4 = 5
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Cyan rushes towards the stairs, and uses its claws to climb into the railing.

Magenta follows Cyan, climbing up the railing besides the three on the steps.

Blue circles around the other side, climbing a barrel to get to the warded bunch.

--Round 1
Gurnevan (17/19 hp)
Khaldan (14/14 hp)
Taong (14/14 hp)
Fibek (14/14 hp)
Kenoryth (15/15 hp)

--Round 2
Dailyn (protective ward, 5') (6/11 hp)
Red Rat (-0 hp)
Yellow Rat (-0 hp)
Green Rat (-0 hp)
Cyan Rat (-0 hp)
Blue Rat (-0 hp)
Magenta Rat (-0 hp)

Vigilant Seal

Elf HP 22/22 | AC17 | F +6 R +7 W +7| Trained Perc +5| Hero 2

"Oh no, Dailyn let me help you! I got a sleep and color spray when there is room!!"


Gnome Illusionist 2 - HP 22/225, AC 15 (17 w/ Mage Armor & Shield) - Perception +5 (+6 vs. Illusions) (Low-Light Vision) - F: 5/ R: +5/ W: +7 (+8 v. illusions) - Speed: 25, Active Conditions: None; Default Exploration Activity: Cast a Spell

"Rats!" shrieks Kenoryth, unnecessarily.

He cuts loose with a Color Spray spell that will hit the two rats near him. And no one else, conveniently enough.

Will save DC 17.

Critical Success The creature is unaffected.
Success The creature is dazzled for 1 round.
Failure The creature is stunned 1, blinded for 1 round, and dazzled for 1 minute.
Critical Failure The creature is stunned for 1 round and blinded for 1 minute.

Follow up with Shield.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-20 | | Icons: ◆◇↺

Cyan Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 vs DC 17
Magenta Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 vs DC 17

--Round 1
Gurnevan (17/19 hp)
Khaldan (14/14 hp)
Taong (14/14 hp)
Fibek (14/14 hp)

Kenoryth (15/15 hp)
--Round 2
Dailyn (protective ward, 5') (6/11 hp)
Red Rat (-0 hp)
Yellow Rat (-0 hp)
Green Rat (-0 hp)
Cyan Rat (-0 hp, stunned 1, blinded 0/1, dazzled 0/10)
Blue Rat (-0 hp)
Magenta Rat (-0 hp, stunned 1, blinded 0/1, dazzled 0/10)

Horizon Hunters

NG male human (Keleshite) abjurer 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 (17 w/shield) |F +4 R +5 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +2 | Focus Points 0/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: mage armor, summon animal, magic weapon | speed 25 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: None

"Well, I got that wrong! Biggest damn rats I've ever seen though!"

"Here's some help for you, my friends

Khaldan will cast ◆◆ Summon Animal and call forth a Common Eurypterid to flank the red rat with Gurnevan.

"Grab the rat!", he orders the arthropod.
◆ Sustain Spell to order minion

Common Eurypterid
◆pincer : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 slashing damage plus grab.
If it hits,
Grab
If it misses,
◆pincer : 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 5 = 211d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 slashing damage plus grab

---------

Common Eurypterid
AC 15; Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2
HP 9

Vigilant Seal

Elf HP 22/22 | AC17 | F +6 R +7 W +7| Trained Perc +5| Hero 2

Fibek moves inside the protective circle and drops his rock.
He gestures and chants and electricity arcs between two rats.

if fail yellow dc 17 Ref: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
if fail green dc 17 Ref: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-20 | | Icons: ◆◇↺

Khaldan's eurypterid snaps at the Red rat. It hits, and moves to Grab the rat, but the rat dies. Instead, it snaps at Green, and severs and artery. Redirecting the second attack to a rat it can hit.

Fibek casts a spell. Redirecting to Yellow and Blue. Note you make a single damage roll, I will make separate Reflex saves.

Yellow Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 vs DC 17
Blue Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 vs DC 17

Both manage to dodge about half of the blast.

--Round 1
Gurnevan (17/19 hp)
Khaldan (14/14 hp)
Taong (14/14 hp)
Fibek (14/14 hp)
Kenoryth (15/15 hp)
--Round 2
Dailyn (protective ward, 5') (6/11 hp)
Red Rat (-8 hp)
Yellow Rat (-2 hp)
Green Rat (-14 hp)
Cyan Rat (-0 hp, stunned 1, blinded 0/1, dazzled 0/10)
Blue Rat (-2 hp)
Magenta Rat (-0 hp, stunned 1, blinded 0/1, dazzled 0/10)


LN Dwarf Necromancer 1 | HP 16/19 | AC 15 | Perception +4; Darkvision | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +6 | He/Him

Sickly green lightning sparks from Gurnevan's fingers and arcs towards the rats to either side of him.

Electric arc DC 17, targeting yellow and blue.

1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Afterwards, he jabs at one with the end of his staff.

If both are still alive, targeting yellow.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d4 ⇒ 4


Gnome Illusionist 2 - HP 22/225, AC 15 (17 w/ Mage Armor & Shield) - Perception +5 (+6 vs. Illusions) (Low-Light Vision) - F: 5/ R: +5/ W: +7 (+8 v. illusions) - Speed: 25, Active Conditions: None; Default Exploration Activity: Cast a Spell

"Lightning! Blammo!" yells Kenoryth excitedly. He's finally doing it! He's being a hero!

1 and 2. Cast Electric Arc vs. Yellow and Blue if he can see them to target. Otherwise Cyan and Magenta.
3. Cast Shield.

Electric Arc Damage (DC 17 Basic Reflex): 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Grand Archive

HP 11/11, AC 16, (Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +7 | Perc +5) #25260-2003 (◇ ◈ ↺) Seer Elf Detective Abjuration Wizard 1

((Sorry for the delay, fending off nasty bit the flu and I've had NO energy for much of anything.))

Dailyn raises his warding shield ↺ negating the first attack completely, though the second attack is able to find its way through and nip at his leg. "Why has it always have to be rats... I hate rats!"

((Dailyn's HP should be adjusted to +2 hp, and his shield spell can't be used again for another 10 minutes!))

====== Round 2 ======

Dailyn, frustrated and out of retaliation, proclaims a curse while pointing at the frustrating rat, inflicting Daze upon the animal. ((Deals 4 mental damage, no save. DC 17 will save or be stunned 1))

He then with a last bit of a magical flourish extends his ward out another 5ft!

====== OOC ======

Dailyn <8/11 HP> (AC 17)
> PFS Hero Point: ⬤/GM Fiat
> Focus Point: ◯/Short Rest
> Drain Bonded Item ◇: ⬤/Day
> Round 2 of sustaining Protective Ward, now 10ft radius.
> +1 AC Status Bonus to Fibek, Gurnevan, Taong, and Dailyn himself.


LN (Male) (Versatile) Human (Transmutation) Wizard 2 | Medicinal Clocksmith | HP 20/20 | AC 17 (19 with Hide Shield raised) | Fortitude* +4, Reflex* +5, Will** +8 | Perception* +6 | Stealth +1 | Speed 25 ft. | Focus Points 1 | Exploration Activity Defend | Active Conditions --- | ◆◇↺

Without hesitation, Taong sends an electric arc on the rats closest to him (Yellow and Blue). He then raises his shield.

◆◆ Cast a Spell, Electric Arc, DC 17 basic Reflex save vs 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 electricity damage
◆ Raise a Shield, +2 to AC


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-20 | | Icons: ◆◇↺

Yellow Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 vs DC 17
Blue Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 vs DC 17

Gurnevan casts a spell, and both rats adjacent to him get zapped to varying degrees. He jabs at Yellow with his staff, but it easily dodges.

Yellow Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 vs DC 17
Blue Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 vs DC 17

Kenoryth casts a spell, and more lightning flies through the air. Yellow and Blue take more damage, and fall, motionless.

Dailyn - your shield spell will block 5 hp, not 2, so you'll be undamaged, but you can't cast shield again for 10 minutes.

Retargeting Cyan with Daze.

Cyan Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 vs DC 17

Dailyn casts a spell and the Cyan rat looks dazed.

Taong, shield only grants a +1 bonus to AC, not +2.

Cyan Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 vs DC 17
Magenta Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 vs DC 17

More lightning flies about, and Cyan shrieks and falls over.

Magenta looks like it needs some time to recover from the color spray stunned 1. It lets go of the railing, and falls to the ground, but immediately climbs back up and bits at Khaldan.

Flat Check, Blinded (DC 11): 1d20 ⇒ 19
Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Khaldan finds it easy to dodge the blind's rat snapping.

--Round 2
Gurnevan (17/19 hp)
Khaldan (14/14 hp)
Taong (14/14 hp)
Fibek (14/14 hp)
Kenoryth (15/15 hp)

--Round 3
Dailyn (protective ward, 10') (11/11 hp)
Red Rat (-8 hp)
Yellow Rat (-11 hp)
Green Rat (-14 hp)
Cyan Rat (-10 hp)
Blue Rat (-10 hp)

Magenta Rat (-3 hp, stunned 1, blinded 1/1, dazzled 1/10)

Assuming many of you will use electric arc vs the rat, I've pre-rolled some Reflex saves.

Pre-Rolled Reflex Saves:

Magenta Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 vs first electric arc
Magenta Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 vs second electric arc
Magenta Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 vs third electric arc

Rat has 8 max HP, so needs to take 5 damage to die.

Vigilant Seal

Elf HP 22/22 | AC17 | F +6 R +7 W +7| Trained Perc +5| Hero 2

Fibek will lift the rock and telekinetically attack the last one.
attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 161d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Horizon Hunters

NG male human (Keleshite) abjurer 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 (17 w/shield) |F +4 R +5 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +2 | Focus Points 0/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: mage armor, summon animal, magic weapon | speed 25 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: None

Khaldan goes pale as the rat's teeth snap past him. In a slightly squeaky voice he cries out to the Eurypterid "Over here, quickly, get this one"
◆ Sustain Spell to order minion

Common Eurypterid
◆30 foot move across the rocks to below the magenta rat
◆pincer : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 slashing damage plus grab.

If it is still standing, Khaldan will reflexively lash out with his staff twice

◆ staff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 for 1d4 ⇒ 1 bludgeoning damage
◆ staff: 1d20 + 3 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 5 = 10 for 1d4 ⇒ 3 bludgeoning damage


---------

Common Eurypterid
AC 15; Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +2
HP 9

Grand Archive

HP 11/11, AC 16, (Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Will +7 | Perc +5) #25260-2003 (◇ ◈ ↺) Seer Elf Detective Abjuration Wizard 1

((Won't complain about the save, thanks for the clarification!))

Dailyn smirks as his warding shield holds true. He continues his flourish and amplifying ◈ his ward, now spanning a full 15 foot radius and covering all those within the room. "The ward now extends to us all, the tides have quickly turned! Damn rats, squish them all!"

He then strides ◈ just to the edge of the stairs so as to insure his aura covers all within his team. He finally scans the southern entrance, hoping to seek ◈ out any further threats ((trying to focus on a 30 foot cone down and into the tunnel below)).

====== OOC ======

Dailyn <11/11 HP> (AC 17)
> PFS Hero Point: ⬤/GM Fiat
> Focus Point: ◯/Short Rest
> Drain Bonded Item ◇: ⬤/Day
> Round 3 of sustaining Protective Ward, now 15ft radius.
> +1 AC Status Bonus to ALL within the party.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-20 | | Icons: ◆◇↺

Fibek's rock smashes the last rat, although Khaldan's eurypterid pokes at it with its pincers just to make sure.

Dailyn doesn't see any further threats.

--End of Combat!
Gurnevan (17/19 hp)
Khaldan (14/14 hp)
Taong (14/14 hp)
Fibek (14/14 hp)
Kenoryth (15/15 hp)
Dailyn (11/11 hp)

We're out of encounter mode. Let me know how you want to heal Gurnevan, and what you'd like to do next.

Horizon Hunters

NG male human (Keleshite) abjurer 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 (17 w/shield) |F +4 R +5 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +2 | Focus Points 0/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: mage armor, summon animal, magic weapon | speed 25 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: None

Still pale, Khaldan will slump, sliding down the wall to rest on the stair, shaking. With a weary wave he will dismiss the eurypterid back to whence it came.

"Is everyone ok? That was ... it was right there...it..." he struggles to complete the sentence.

As he sits on the step, he will also try to recall what he has heard on the dangers of giant rats.

Recall knowledge (nature) +5


Gnome Illusionist 2 - HP 22/225, AC 15 (17 w/ Mage Armor & Shield) - Perception +5 (+6 vs. Illusions) (Low-Light Vision) - F: 5/ R: +5/ W: +7 (+8 v. illusions) - Speed: 25, Active Conditions: None; Default Exploration Activity: Cast a Spell

"Whoo-hoo! We did it! That was easy!" shouts Kenoryth.

"Nothing to do now but collect our reward!"

Vigilant Seal

Elf HP 22/22 | AC17 | F +6 R +7 W +7| Trained Perc +5| Hero 2

Fibek picks up his lucky rock after checking it for rat guts.

”We did!!”

1 to 50 of 381 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PF2] Menace Under Otari (GM Watery Soup, Table 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.