Outpost VI - GM Valen's Pathfinder Society Intro #4-01: Year of Boundless Wonder (21 Challenge Points) (Inactive)

Game Master Lysle

Start Date: We've begun!

Slides and Maps


51 to 100 of 206 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)
Lokoloko wrote:
Lokoloko is grabbed? Or is Toasty!?

Sorry, Toasty is grabbed. Lokoloko is NOT grabbed.

Radiant Oath

Buuurn! | 2396852-2006 | CG Male Goblin | Scavenger | Alchemist (Chirurgeon) Lvl 4 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Minor Healing Potion (2) | HP 42/42 | AC 21 | F/R/W: 8/11/6 | Perc +6 Darkvision | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 | Alchemical Items: 5/3/- (Alchemist Fire/Bottled Lighting/Infused) |

Seeing Toasty! being grabbed by the ... thing, Lokoloko runs to his fellow goblin's aid. He pulls out a throwing knife and hurls it at the thing holding his friend.

Throwing Knife vs Red: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Piercing?: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Wasn't sure if you're ok with splash


◆ Stride
◆ Interact to Draw
◆ Probably Whiff


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

CORRECTION: Upon being grabbed, due to bad guy stuff, Toasty became frightened 1, now noted below.

The knife strikes the shadowy brute (red)!

One of its shady kin (black) walks past the withered fungi leshy and heads up the steps toward the elf!
Stride x3

Skills to ID are Occultism or Society

RAIN'S NIGHTMARES, YOUR FOES! - Round One Cont'd!

PCs in bold may act

Chupko
? (red) -2 HP
Lokololo (grabbed; frightened 1)
? (black)
Flikk
? (yellow)
Raj
Dolmandir
Toasty
? (blue) -10 HP

Map now updated on Slides.

Grand Archive

CN Goblin Male Bomber Alchemist 2 HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +3 | Perc: +3 | Cold/Elec/Fire Resist 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Explore Mode: ? | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions: None

Flikk starts his trek back to the others, hearing the sounds of Rain screaming and others fighting he rubs his eyes and looks down on the red 'thing'. "How'd you get in here?"

Recall Knowledge Society +8

Stride, Recall, ?? - Will probably drop a bomb once I know the results.


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)
Flikk wrote:

Flikk starts his trek back to the others, hearing the sounds of Rain screaming and others fighting he rubs his eyes and looks down on the red 'thing'. "How'd you get in here?"

Recall Knowledge Society +8

Alas, Flikk has not heard of creatures such as these.

Failure. Care to use a Hero Point?

Grand Archive

CN Goblin Male Bomber Alchemist 2 HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +3 | Perc: +3 | Cold/Elec/Fire Resist 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Explore Mode: ? | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions: None
GM Valen wrote:
Flikk wrote:

Flikk starts his trek back to the others, hearing the sounds of Rain screaming and others fighting he rubs his eyes and looks down on the red 'thing'. "How'd you get in here?"

Recall Knowledge Society +8

Alas, Flikk has not heard of creatures such as these.

Failure. Care to use a Hero Point?

Why not, could be important!


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

Flikk may not have heard of these creatures, but he has enough experience with dreams to get a good inkling as to what he is seeing.

The shape of the creatures would identify them as bugbears, lumbering brutes that are among the largest of the goblinoids. While looking like some variant bugbear thugs, the strange constitution of these creatures is more akin to the substance of animated dreams, yet far more solid in nature. Flikk concludes that these bugbear terrors are what one might expect to see if someone were to latch onto the dread within one's one mind and used it spawn some horrific foes. After startling their victims with a sudden grasp, they then inflict further harm, sharpened by their victim's fear.
Startling Grasp [one-action] The bugbear terror Strides up to 10 feet and attempts to Grapple a creature they’re undetected by. If they succeed, the creature is frightened 1, or frightened 2 if the bugbear critically succeeds at their Athletics check to Grapple.
Wicked Mauler The bugbear terror gains a +2 circumstance bonus to damage rolls against frightened creatures.

Grand Archive

CN Goblin Male Bomber Alchemist 2 HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +3 | Perc: +3 | Cold/Elec/Fire Resist 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Explore Mode: ? | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions: None

"I know these, dream bugbears! But will they burn!?!" Flikk tosses down an alchemist fire to the one below to find out!

Lesser Alchemist's Fire: Persistent 2, Splash 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 221d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Quick bomber, and also just keep the splash on Red. Also, assume any knowledge info Flikk gets on a recall he shares with the others, but you've got to read it in the tone of a teacher addressing their classroom of children.


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)
Flikk wrote:
"I know these, dream bugbears! But will they burn!?!" Flikk tosses down an alchemist fire to the one below to find out!

They will burn! And one does!

Another one, which is not yet on fire, approaches Dolmandir with and tries to stab the elf repeatedly!
Stride
Strike, melee spear v Dolmandir: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Damage piercing: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Strike, melee spear v Dolmandir: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 5 = 20
Damage piercing: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

RAIN'S NIGHTMARES, YOUR FOES! - Round One Cont'd!

PCs in bold may act

Chupko
Bugbear Terror (red) -5 HP (2 persistent fire)
Lokoloko
? (black)
Flikk
Bugbear Terror (yellow)
Raj
Dolmandir
-6 HP
Toasty (grabbed; frightened 1)
Bugbear Terror (blue) -10 HP

Map updated on Slides.

Grand Archive

CN Goblin Male Bomber Alchemist 2 HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +3 | Perc: +3 | Cold/Elec/Fire Resist 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Explore Mode: ? | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions: None

Flikk hoots and hollers in triumph to the others "THEY BURN! WOOO!". His fingers tickle the remaining alchemist fires with anticipation.

Flikk will use the following boon reaction if triggered in this fight... because, well, they do indeed burn.

Infernal Detonations:

Devil’s Keep (Advanced): You are the rightful master of the infernal keep known as Diggen’s Rest. Once per adventure, you can use the following reaction. Infernal Detonations [reaction] Trigger A creature within 30 feet of you targets you or an ally with an attack; Effect The creature takes fire damage equal to 1d6 + your level (basic Reflex save). The DC of the Reflex save is equal to your spell DC or your class DC, whichever is higher. (#1–11: Flames of Rebellion Boon A)

Horizon Hunters

Hunter 2 AC19 | HP 20/20| F +5 R +8 W +6 | Init +8 Perception, +8 Stealth| Low-light vision

Dolmandir has his crossbow in hands! Thanks to Way of the Sniper

He backs away from the creatures and reloads his weapon before firing at the creature.

Light crossbow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Damages, P (Xbow Crack Shot + One Shot, On kill: 1d10 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + (2) = 10

(◆) Stride
(◆) Interact: Reload
(◆) Strike


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

Amidst Flikk's cries of delight, Dolmandir places a bolt into one of the bugbear terrors (presumably yellow).

RAIN'S NIGHTMARES, YOUR FOES! - Round One Cont'd!

[ooc]PCs in bold may act

Chupko
Bugbear Terror (red) -5 HP (2 persistent fire)
Lokoloko
? (black)
Flikk
Bugbear Terror (yellow) -10 HP
Raj
Dolmandir-6 HP
Toasty (grabbed; frightened 1)
Bugbear Terror (blue) -10 HP

Map updated on Slides.

Vigilant Seal

M Goblin Magus 4 | HP (44/50) | AC 21 | F +10, R +7, W +8 | Perception +6 | Darkvision

Having given the skull a place of honor sticking out of his statue Toasty! is pleasantly surprised to find out that the skull is a powerful wizard!

Frightened, but Heroic Toasty! grabs his staff with both hands and tries to burn away the blackened bugbear with his staff.

flat5 to spellstrike: 1d20 ⇒ 19

heroic/frightened spellstrike: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 - 1 = 23
bludgeoning+fire damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 4 + (4) + 3 = 18


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)
Toasty! wrote:

Having given the skull a place of honor sticking out of his statue Toasty! is pleasantly surprised to find out that the skull is a powerful wizard!

Frightened, but Heroic Toasty! grabs his staff with both hands and tries to burn away the blackened bugbear with his staff.

By "blackened bugbear", I assume you mean the one (red) holding Toasty?

The already ignited bugbear terror (red) is consumed by the flame!

RAIN'S NIGHTMARES, YOUR FOES! - Round One Cont'd!

PCs in bold may act

Chupko
Bugbear Terror (red) -23 HP
Lokoloko
? (black)
Flikk
Bugbear Terror (yellow) -10 HP
Raj
Dolmandir-6 HP
Toasty
Bugbear Terror (blue) -10 HP

Map updated on Slides.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Ranger 2 | HP 30/30, Hero Pts 1/3|Focus 1/1 | AC 19 | Saves F +7 R +10 W +6 | Perc +8, Lore: Scouting, Labor +4 | ◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

"Dream bugbears? Never heard of them." Raj says, puzzled. What are they doing here? And can they be hurt with arrows.

The ranger takes a few steps to get one creature into his sights, takes his bow, and quickly shoots two arrows at the yellow bugbear.


◆Stride
◆Interact to draw
◆Hunted shot

Longbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Longbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

Raj's two arrows miss their mark.

Another bugbear terror (blue) emerges from behind a corner and tries to run Lokoloko with its spear!
Stride
Strike, melee spear v Lokoloko: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage piercing: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Strike, melee spear v Lokoloko: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 5 = 24
Damage piercing: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

RAIN'S NIGHTMARES, YOUR FOES! - Round Two Begins!

PCs in bold may act

Chupko
Lokoloko
-24 HP
? (black)
Flikk
Bugbear Terror (yellow) -10 HP
Raj
Dolmandir-6 HP
Toasty
Bugbear Terror (blue) -10 HP

Map updated on Slides.

Radiant Oath

Buuurn! | 2396852-2006 | CG Male Goblin | Scavenger | Alchemist (Chirurgeon) Lvl 4 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Minor Healing Potion (2) | HP 42/42 | AC 21 | F/R/W: 8/11/6 | Perc +6 Darkvision | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 | Alchemical Items: 5/3/- (Alchemist Fire/Bottled Lighting/Infused) |

Lokoloko yells in pain and takes a step back. He pulls a vial of red liquid and hurls it at his tormentor. (Quick Bomber)

Moderate Alchemist Fire: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Fire: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (5, 6) + 1 = 12
Splash, Burn It: 2 = 2
Persistent, Burn It: 3 = 3

"Buuuuurn!" he cackles, beady red eyes glittering.

He reaches back up to his bandolier and throws a vial of blue liquid.

Lesser Bottled Lightning, MAP: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Splash: 1 = 1


◆ Step
◆ Moderate Alchemist Fire
◆ Lesser Bottled Lightning


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)
Lokoloko wrote:
"Buuuuurn!" he cackles, beady red eyes glittering.

Another bugbear terror (blue) is consumed in flames.

The vial of blue liquid simply bounces, then slides across the floor.

RAIN'S NIGHTMARES, YOUR FOES! - Round Two Cont'd!

PCs in bold may act

Chupko
Lokoloko -24 HP
? (black)
Flikk
Bugbear Terror (yellow) -10 HP
Raj
Dolmandir-6 HP
Toasty
Bugbear Terror (blue) -27 HP

Map on Slides.

Horizon Hunters

Male Tengu Rogue (Eldritch trickster) 6 / HP 72/72, Perc +12, AC 24(26), Fort +10 Ref +14 Will +12 / Active conditions: Low-light vision, Nimble dodge, resist negative damage 1, +1 HP/min

As the last foes are on the other side of the vault the archaeologist moves, moves and moves again.

triple move. As I am on the phone I will move my token this evening. But I post to allow to move on.


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

As the tengu goes on the move, the largest, shadowy creature (black) does also, giving pursuit to the elf, hoping to run him through!
Stride x2
Strike, melee spear v Dolmandir: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Damage piercing: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

With a powerful push, the poor Pathfinder is pierced! His dying body crumples down the steps!

RAIN'S NIGHTMARES, YOUR FOES! - Round Two Cont'd!

PCs in bold may act

Chupko
Lokoloko -24 HP
? (black)
Flikk
Bugbear Terror (yellow) -10 HP
Raj
Dolmandir-26 HP (unconscious, prone, dying 2)
Toasty

Map on Slides.

Grand Archive

CN Goblin Male Bomber Alchemist 2 HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +3 | Perc: +3 | Cold/Elec/Fire Resist 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Explore Mode: ? | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions: None

Flikk's eyes light up, clearly impressed with the fire skills of his fellow goblins "We better go help the others, I think I heard a scream and a thud." He takes off to the north.

Triple stride towards the fallen and Raj.


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

One of the bugbear terrors (yellow) greets the approaching Flikk with a spear.
Strike, Ranged spear (thrown 20 feet) w/range increment: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 2 = 26
Damage piercing: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

With an evil grin at its grim handiwork, the bugbear terror retrieves another spear then let's it loose too at the goblin.
Interact
Strike, Ranged spear (thrown 20 feet) w/range increment: 1d20 + 8 - 2 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 2 - 5 = 13
Damage piercing: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

RAIN'S NIGHTMARES, YOUR FOES! - Round Two Cont'd/Round Three Begins!

PCs in bold may act

Raj
Dolmandir
-26 HP (unconscious, prone, dying 2)
Toasty
Round Three
Chupko
Lokoloko
-24 HP
? (black)
Flikk -14 HP
Bugbear Terror (yellow) -10 HP

Map on Slides.

Vigilant Seal

M Goblin Magus 4 | HP (44/50) | AC 21 | F +10, R +7, W +8 | Perception +6 | Darkvision

Toasty! sighs with disappointment as he unleashes a ray of front on the black creature.

heroic ray vs black: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20
cold damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Toasty! then does his best to cover some of the distance.

Ray of Frost(2), Stride

Horizon Hunters

Hunter 2 AC19 | HP 20/20| F +5 R +8 W +6 | Init +8 Perception, +8 Stealth| Low-light vision

Stablize: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Horizon Hunters

Male Tengu Rogue (Eldritch trickster) 6 / HP 72/72, Perc +12, AC 24(26), Fort +10 Ref +14 Will +12 / Active conditions: Low-light vision, Nimble dodge, resist negative damage 1, +1 HP/min

So I updated the map with the triple move of the last round and a move of this round.

The archaeologist throws magically a sharp stone towards the yellow foe.

Telekinetic projectile:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 = 13


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

Quick note. On phone. But yellow should be down after Chupko'a action hit it.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Ranger 2 | HP 30/30, Hero Pts 1/3|Focus 1/1 | AC 19 | Saves F +7 R +10 W +6 | Perc +8, Lore: Scouting, Labor +4 | ◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

"Damn, Dolmandir is down!" Raj cries out, warning the others.

But there's still at least one of the enemies around. The ranger feels sorry for the fallen elf, but he cannot do much until the bugbears are defeated.

Raj whistles loudly, giving an order for his bird companion to engage. The hawk, Horus, swoops down while its master keeps the bugbear busy with his arrows.


◆ Hunt prey @grey bugbear
◆ Command an Animal
◆ Hunted shot @grey

Longbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Longbow-MAP: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 5 = 24 damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
precision damage to first hit: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Horus: ◆ Stride (60ft fly speed)
Horus: ◆ Strike

Jaws: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
damage, precision: 1d6 + 1 + 1d8 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (1) = 6


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

Both Toasty, Chupko, and Raj each strike their targets; Raj does so twice.

RAIN'S NIGHTMARES, YOUR FOES! - Round Three Cont'd!

PCs in bold may act

Chupko
Lokoloko -24 HP
? (black) -23 HP
Flikk -14 HP
Bugbear Terror (yellow) -25 HP
Raj
Dolmandir -26 HP (unconscious, prone, dying 3)
Toasty

Map on Slides.

Radiant Oath

Buuurn! | 2396852-2006 | CG Male Goblin | Scavenger | Alchemist (Chirurgeon) Lvl 4 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Minor Healing Potion (2) | HP 42/42 | AC 21 | F/R/W: 8/11/6 | Perc +6 Darkvision | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 | Alchemical Items: 5/3/- (Alchemist Fire/Bottled Lighting/Infused) |

Lokoloko pulls out a healing potion, pops the cork and chugs it down.

Lesser Healing: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 1) + 5 = 8

He then runs towards the action, though he wonders what he can do...


◆◆ Interact (pull and drink potion)
◆ Stride


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

Though its allies are no more, the remaining shadowy foe does not appear undeterred. The creature begins rambling a series of words, not all of which are clearly intelligible. However, you hear it mention "a world of boundless nightmares” and “the three of thirteen" before it strikes out at the nearest living creature, Horus!

Strike, Melee spear: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Damage piercing: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Strike, Melee spear: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 5 = 26
Damage piercing: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

The monster skewers the bird!

Stepping over the dying elf and bird of prey, the creature stalks menacingly toward Raj.

RAIN'S NIGHTMARES, YOUR FOES! - Round Three Cont'd/Round Four Begins!

PCs in bold may act

? (black) -23 HP
Flikk -14 HP
Raj
Horus -18 (unconscious, prone, dying 2)
Dolmandir -26 HP (unconscious, prone, dying 3)
Toasty
Round Four
Chupko
Lokoloko -16 HP

Map on Slides.

Radiant Oath

Buuurn! | 2396852-2006 | CG Male Goblin | Scavenger | Alchemist (Chirurgeon) Lvl 4 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Minor Healing Potion (2) | HP 42/42 | AC 21 | F/R/W: 8/11/6 | Perc +6 Darkvision | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 | Alchemical Items: 5/3/- (Alchemist Fire/Bottled Lighting/Infused) |

Lokoloko runs up as close as he can. Pulling out another red vial, he hurls it at the remaining foe.

Moderate Alchemist Fire: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Moderate Alchemist Fire, HP: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Fire: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (8, 7) + 1 = 16
Persistent: 3 = 3
Splash: 2 = 2

He pulls out a throwing knife.


◆ Stride
◆ Strike
◆ Interact to Draw

Grand Archive

CN Goblin Male Bomber Alchemist 2 HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +3 | Perc: +3 | Cold/Elec/Fire Resist 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Explore Mode: ? | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions: None

Flikk hustles as fast as he can towards the fallen Elf and bird "Flikk is coming as fast as he can!"

Triple stride.

Horizon Hunters

Hunter 2 AC19 | HP 20/20| F +5 R +8 W +6 | Init +8 Perception, +8 Stealth| Low-light vision

I will use a HP to stabilize

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Ranger 2 | HP 30/30, Hero Pts 1/3|Focus 1/1 | AC 19 | Saves F +7 R +10 W +6 | Perc +8, Lore: Scouting, Labor +4 | ◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

"Horus, no!!" Raj cries, seeing his faithful companion skewered.

The creature is approaching. The ranger looks around him, for a way to get some distance to the enemy. "Flikk! Please take care of my bird!"he shouts. "...and Dolmandir..." he adds, and jumps down from the ledge. He hustles to better position to shoot his longbow, and fires two arrows.


Hopefully I can jump down... I didn't see the height mentioned.

◆ Stride
◆ Stride
◆ Hunted shot @grey

Longbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Longbow-MAP: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 5 = 17 damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
precision damage to first hit: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Vigilant Seal

M Goblin Magus 4 | HP (44/50) | AC 21 | F +10, R +7, W +8 | Perception +6 | Darkvision

Toasty! hustles up close enough to unleash fire.

produce flame: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13
fire damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Horizon Hunters

Male Tengu Rogue (Eldritch trickster) 6 / HP 72/72, Perc +12, AC 24(26), Fort +10 Ref +14 Will +12 / Active conditions: Low-light vision, Nimble dodge, resist negative damage 1, +1 HP/min

The Tengu moves to cast a spell throwing another sharp stone towards the creature.

Telekinetic projectile: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 6) + 4 = 16

On the phone I move my token when I’ll be at computer

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Goblin Male Bomber Alchemist 2 HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +3 | Perc: +3 | Cold/Elec/Fire Resist 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Explore Mode: ? | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions: None
Raj the Unmovable wrote:

"Horus, no!!" Raj cries, seeing his faithful companion skewered.

The creature is approaching. The ranger looks around him, for a way to get some distance to the enemy. "Flikk! Please take care of my bird!"he shouts. "...and Dolmandir..." he adds, and jumps down from the ledge.

Don't longshanks know goblins eat birds? Hrm, I wonder if this falls under the Pathfinder Society rules?


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

The combined might of the Pathfinders fell the final foe.

COMBAT OVER

I assume that someone can stablize or heal Horus within a round? If not, we can stay in rounds.

Following the defeat of the nightmarish bugbears, Rain manages to begin regaining his composure. In between yelping in fright and apologizing profusely for causing so much trouble, Rain reaches into his satchel for useful items. He produces eight lesser healing potions, which he offers to the injured.

Rain takes a few deep breaths, then describes what happened when he tried to leave the vault. “I took a few steps, then a few dozen more, but I couldn’t reach the door! I shouted for help, but nobody could hear me! Or nobody was there? I don’t know, it was like something out of a nightmare. I turned around, and there she was! I’ve never seen her before, but I knew it was her. Aslynn! Tall, dark, and hideous. She was dragging something, and singing… no, more like reciting poetry. That’s strange, right? And terrifying. Something about my nightmares coming to take me away. I tried to run, but she touched my mind! She took my nightmares right out of me… those things! Just like she said. Right out of my nightmares. I hope she isn’t still over there. I… I can barely think. It feels like the world is ending. I’m afraid I won’t be much use. Could you take a look, see if she’s there?"

If you search the vault or look down the hallway:
You find that Aslynn isn’t anywhere to be seen, at least for now. It all looks normal.

If you try exploring down the hallway, open the spoiler below.

Spoiler:
You find the hallway is impossible traverse—no matter how many steps you seem to take, the door at the other end is always the same distance away, as if in a stressful dream. The group is trapped!

Under the current circumstances, Rain nearly succumbs to despair. He composes himself long enough to urge you to continue searching the vault. He hopes you can discover more useful information about the treasures therein or perhaps acquire useful gear to use against any potential, additional intruders. Rain himself, having come so close to Aslynn’s manifestation, remains wracked with a sense of impending doom and can be of no use in facing foes for the foreseeable future.

The PCs have 10 minutes to Explore the Vault of Boundless Wonder, heal up, or conduct other activities. Exploring one area of the Vault takes 10 minutes so a PC who choose this task can do nothing else during the time.

Those who wish to Explore may attempt one of
the various tasks that are numbered on the list on slides (as well as below):

1. Talking skull (Skill Check: Arcana, Diplomacy, Occultism, or Religion);
2. Pile of treasure (Skill Check: Arcana, Crafting, or Perception);
3. Assorted items (Skill Check: Arcana, Crafting, or Perception);
4. Pile of empty chests;
5. High shelves (Skill Check: Acrobatics, Athletics, Medicine, Thievery, or Underworld Lore);
6. Weapons (Skill Check: Arcana, Crafting, Gladiatorial Lore, or Warfare Lore); or
7. Scrolls and such (Skill Check: Arcana, Nature, Occultism, or Religion).

The location of each task is identified by a yellow number on the Map on Slides (note that task "3" has three different locations to explore, so a PC should choose one of the locations when attempting the task.

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Buuurn! | 2396852-2006 | CG Male Goblin | Scavenger | Alchemist (Chirurgeon) Lvl 4 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Minor Healing Potion (2) | HP 42/42 | AC 21 | F/R/W: 8/11/6 | Perc +6 Darkvision | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 | Alchemical Items: 5/3/- (Alchemist Fire/Bottled Lighting/Infused) |

Lokoloko takes one potion, to replace the one he drank during the fight. He has a Pearly White Spindle Aeon stone, which will give him 10 hp back. (1 hp/minute)

Lokoloko heads over to Flikk and attempts to patch up his fellow goblin.

Slashing: 1d8 ⇒ 8
Treat Wounds, Risky Surgery: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Healing: 4d8 - 8 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 1) - 8 = -1

That's the first time I've ever gotten a result like that!!

Panicked at the bleeding, Lokoloko grabs one of Rain's potions and just pours it down Flikk's mouth.

Lesser Healing: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 6) + 5 = 19

Flikk should be at full hp nonetheless

Vigilant Seal

M Goblin Magus 4 | HP (44/50) | AC 21 | F +10, R +7, W +8 | Perception +6 | Darkvision

Toasty! comments "Unless anybody healed by fire, Toasty! going to go look for good flamables."

arcana vs 3b: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Ranger 2 | HP 30/30, Hero Pts 1/3|Focus 1/1 | AC 19 | Saves F +7 R +10 W +6 | Perc +8, Lore: Scouting, Labor +4 | ◆ | ◇ ◈ | ↺ |

@Lokoloko: that ïs certainly very goblin style-surgery :)

After the final enemy has fallen, Raj sprints to Horus and starts mending his wounds
Medicine, Battle medic: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
HP healed: 2d8 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8

Once the bird seems to come back to the land of the living, the ranger will feed him one of Rain's healing potions.
Lesser healing: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 8) + 5 = 21

Once the situation has calmed down, Raj registers what Rain was saying. "Aslynn?" He was about to ask who is Aslynn?, but then he remembers the name mentioned just as he arrived to the meeting. "The night hag?"

While not exactly eager to go look for a night hag, the ranger has some doubts on what the leshy though he saw. So he goes to check the hallway. A bit later, he comes back with a worried face.

"He's right. Were trapped in here..."

Raj mopes for a while, angry of being stuck in here. But in the end, having nothing else to do, he starts investigating the high shelves.

5 - high shelves, Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Horizon Hunters

Male Tengu Rogue (Eldritch trickster) 6 / HP 72/72, Perc +12, AC 24(26), Fort +10 Ref +14 Will +12 / Active conditions: Low-light vision, Nimble dodge, resist negative damage 1, +1 HP/min

The Tengu is thinking he should have an eye on Toasty! before the entire vault will be on flame. So he goes to search for any item in the same spot as him.

Crafting: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Horizon Hunters

Hunter 2 AC19 | HP 20/20| F +5 R +8 W +6 | Init +8 Perception, +8 Stealth| Low-light vision

Someone can give a potion to Dolmandir?
@GM with the level bump, Dolmandir's first roll to search was a 17 rather than a 16, could it have been a success rather than a failure?

After some potions, Dolmandir is back on his feet and starts looking for usueful thing that could help them get out of here.

Arcana (3a): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Horizon Hunters

Male Tengu Rogue (Eldritch trickster) 6 / HP 72/72, Perc +12, AC 24(26), Fort +10 Ref +14 Will +12 / Active conditions: Low-light vision, Nimble dodge, resist negative damage 1, +1 HP/min

I think it was assumed by the GM as he wrote.

Grand Archive

CN Goblin Male Bomber Alchemist 2 HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +3 | Perc: +3 | Cold/Elec/Fire Resist 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Explore Mode: ? | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions: None
Lokoloko wrote:

Lokoloko heads over to Flikk and attempts to patch up his fellow goblin.

That's the first time I've ever gotten a result like that!!

Panicked at the bleeding, Lokoloko grabs one of Rain's potions and just pours it down Flikk's mouth.

"Sure you can do some surgery, I trust you with that sharp knife, but let's do it in the weapons room so I can look around while you work!" Flikk isn't one to hold still while Lokoloko works and before long he looks down at a rapidly growing pool of blood "Surgery is bloody.. and I don't really feel much better.. a bit woozy actually.." He quickly perks up though from that potion and gets back to hunting powerful weapons!

Area 6: Crafting: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

I dragged Lokoloko with me to area 6. Flikk will also claim one of those good potions from Rain!

Radiant Oath

Buuurn! | 2396852-2006 | CG Male Goblin | Scavenger | Alchemist (Chirurgeon) Lvl 4 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Minor Healing Potion (2) | HP 42/42 | AC 21 | F/R/W: 8/11/6 | Perc +6 Darkvision | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 | Alchemical Items: 5/3/- (Alchemist Fire/Bottled Lighting/Infused) |

uh oh

"Hey! I's only trying to help you!"

Lokoloko snags another potion from Rain... since he had to pour the first one down Flikk's throat.


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)
Toasty! wrote:
Toasty! comments "Unless anybody healed by fire, Toasty! going to go look for good flamables."

Toasty discovers an object of interest.

Raj the Unmovable wrote:
Raj mopes for a while, angry of being stuck in here. But in the end, having nothing else to do, he starts investigating the high shelves.

Raj finds a a terrifying mask crafted in the visage of a leering demon.

Chupko wrote:
The Tengu is thinking he should have an eye on Toasty! before the entire vault will be on flame. So he goes to search for any item in the same spot as him.

The Tengu also discovers an object of interest.

Dolmandir wrote:
@GM with the level bump, Dolmandir's first roll to search was a 17 rather than a 16, could it have been a success rather than a failure?

Alas, no.

Dolmandir wrote:
After some potions, Dolmandir is back on his feet and starts looking for usueful thing that could help them get out of here.

Dolmandir discovers an object of interest.

Flikk can find nothing amidst the pools and smears of blood.

Secret checks:

Items: 3d4 ⇒ (1, 4, 3) = 8

In addition to the mask, over the ten minute span, the Pathfinders discover an oil of mending, a vine arrow, and a wolf fang, which Rain is able to identify.


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

Rain suggests the party continue exploring the Vault as he examines the hallway in the hopes of finding some means of escape.

The PCs have another 10 minutes to Explore the Vault of Boundless Wonder, heal up, or conduct other activities. Exploring one area of the Vault takes 10 minutes so a PC who choose this task can do nothing else during the time.

Those who wish to Explore may attempt one of the various tasks that are numbered on the list on slides (as well as below):

1. Talking skull (Skill Check: Arcana, Diplomacy, Occultism, or Religion);
2. Pile of treasure (Skill Check: Arcana, Crafting, or Perception);
3. Assorted items (Skill Check: Arcana, Crafting, or Perception);
4. Pile of empty chests;
5. High shelves (Skill Check: Acrobatics, Athletics, Medicine, Thievery, or Underworld Lore);
6. Weapons (Skill Check: Arcana, Crafting, Gladiatorial Lore, or Warfare Lore); or
7. Scrolls and such (Skill Check: Arcana, Nature, Occultism, or Religion).

The location of each task is identified by a yellow number on the Map on Slides (note that task "3" has three different locations to explore, so a PC should choose one of the locations when attempting the task.

Radiant Oath

Buuurn! | 2396852-2006 | CG Male Goblin | Scavenger | Alchemist (Chirurgeon) Lvl 4 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Minor Healing Potion (2) | HP 42/42 | AC 21 | F/R/W: 8/11/6 | Perc +6 Darkvision | 25 feet | Class DC 19 | ◆◇↺ | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 | Alchemical Items: 5/3/- (Alchemist Fire/Bottled Lighting/Infused) |

Lokoloko joins Flikk in searching for powerful weapons.

Crafting: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

He should also be at full hp

Grand Archive

CN Goblin Male Bomber Alchemist 2 HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +3 | Perc: +3 | Cold/Elec/Fire Resist 1 | Speed: 25 ft. | Explore Mode: ? | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions: None

"So much blood, its hard to see here." He tears off a bit of Lokoloko's tunic and wipes some of it up before doing more searching.

"You're taller, you search high, I'll search low." He waves for a pickle before starting work.

Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

"Oh much better. They keep the good stuff down low, must be shorties like us."

51 to 100 of 206 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Outpost V - GM Valen's Pathfinder Society Intro #4-01: Year of Boundless Wonder All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.